Do you believe that video games "peaked" when you were twelve?

Do you believe that video games "peaked" when you were twelve?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2005_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kind of, it was the year I played RE4 and DMC3 I think.

It was also the year I played Twilight Princess though, which was the first time I was disappointed by a video game I was excited for.

No. Nostalgiafaggots are disgusting. Games are better than ever.
>MUH DLC AND MICRO-TRANSACTIONS, BUT PLEASE IGNORE THE SHIT THAT WAS SOLD FOR 60 BUCKS BACK IN THE DAY AND THE ARCADE'S COIN EATING BULLSHIT

Yeah but they're just as good now

no, when I was 14 I noticed them starting to turn to shit (2007-ish).

Not at all, but most of my favorite games of the recent years are ones that take conventional design and build upon it.

No. I'm 22, they peaked well before I was twelve.

To be fair the third Pirates movie is really good

Are you 23 this year?

No, they peaked when I was 6 in 1998.

Not true

No it isnt.

I was 20 when the greatest game of all time (Dark Souls 1) was released in 2011.

>tfw memory is so shit I can't remember the times when I was 12

>2005
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:2005_video_games
yes they peaked here

>I eat shit on a daily basis and like the taste

No, I was that age in the early 2000s and there have been a ton of solid games and releases since then that I think have gone above what came before.

For me, I think the peak was sometime in between 2008-2010, with 2004 being a absolutely solid year all around.

>.m.
die

t.shit eating normalfag

No, they didn't peak when I was 12, and I can prove it

Ryu Ga Gotoku came out in Japan when I was 12.

Yakuza 2 came out later. So, stop asking easy questions faggot OP

correct
even the best games of 5th/6th gen get pretty easily beaten by most new games. like how thief's stealth system is still less complicated than even the most barebones modern stealth game, and if you deny that, you either haven't actually played thief or you haven't played a modern stealth game
we also live in an age where combat in RPGs isn't universally dogshit and i enjoy that a lot
you get a lot more bang for your buck now too just in sheer hours. i feel like a lot of people forget that most games made before late 7th gen were 5 hours or less with no multiplayer and full priced.
nostalgiafags are pathetic

No because 2017 was one of the best years in video games and most of you all are jaded fucks

Video games peaked in the mid PS2 era, which was about 2004, as games had enough hardware to be convincing but still worked within limitations that forced creativity. The next generation after we had DLC, yearly rehashes, achievements and studios like Capcom going full retard for no reason. Now everything is about microtransaction phone games.

Anime peaked in about 2004-2007 where there was lots of money to blow on cool sci-fi series that weren't necessarily profitable. Of course this was also the weeaboo era so it balances.

Internet and nerd culture as a whole took a nosedive in 2007 when fake nerds and SJWs got their claws in and social media happened. Pretty much the end of forum culture.

Mainstream Movies are now basically dead, it's just marvelshit and rehashes of films from a time when directors made movies instead of committees, every trailer spoils the movie. Anything with depth is now a TV series.

TV has seen a considerable resurgence and has been way better in the last few years, so there's that. Unfortunately companies are now gating all their shows behind their own special snowflake services now, so that's dying.

Media sub-culture as a whole was either good or amazing in the middle of the 00s because it was alot of accomplished people making stuff they wanted. Then when you combine the internet becoming way more accessible, and the financial crisis, that was basically curtains for that.

It's not all bad though, internet technology has massively improved so actually enjoying the old stuff is easier than ever - and there is absolutely shittons of it.

>all these underage niggers
Im 23 and it peaked in 1998, after ocarina of time was released. Gamings heyday was before i was born in the early nes/snes days

I was 12 in 2007 so yes

No surprise that the majority of nostalgia faggots are also Cred Forumstards crying about SJWs. Cred Forums would be better off if you jaded retards never posted here.

I was 12 in 2011.

OoT has been surpassed in many ways by many games.

Nah.
I'm old and most games from the C64 era simply doesn't hold up.
Gaming peaked around 2002.

when I was 12 it was 2011 and I was okay but when I was 7 in 2006 that was the shit

when i was twelve it was 1998, that's a year after games like castlevania SOTN and FF7 was released and the year metal gear solid and ocarina of time

even today, everytime they fart a new zelda they instantly compare it to ocarina, but no tell me how it was nostalgia

ocarina suck anyway

So thats why Thi4f bombed in ratings according to literally everyone? Give it up underage nigger, the newer games are babbies first adventure compared to older titles.

>when I was 12 it was 2011
fuck off undera-
oh

Bullshit. I doubt anything good came out that exact year.
>Final Fantasy IV
Oh. I stand corrected.

>when I was 12 it was 2011

I turned 19 in 2011. I'm getting too old for this site.

Second one was better.

Yeah... It fucking sucks, don't it?

Three years ago, mate.

I was 12 in 2002. You're welcome.

I don't think it's objectively wrong to say, that literature, film, and music, were of a higher quality and had more artistic integrity even a decade ago compared to now.

Video games are debatable but music and book quality declines definitely aren't

You'll never leave

>2002
I was still enjoying a lot of games up until 2005 or so. 7th gen when consoles went online is where it was turning sour to me.

I'm 27, and I think videoganes were already becoming shit by the time I was 12

It was 2000 when I was 12 so while it may not have peaked that year there was a fuck ton of great games around that time

Bioshock is 11 years old

Bioshock Infinite is 5 years old

2003-5 is the peak of video games and I was not 12 then.

Not really a shit memory honestly, your brain just didn't really have a reason to keep most of those memories around or doesn't have a reason to pull them up.

>tfw I was 12 in 2007
I don't think shit, I KNOW it

Gaming peaked in 08-09 but we're back baby, gaming is good again. Turns out PS3 gen just had to die

I guess so. It does feel weird how people who were little kids when I was around 18 or 19 are now allowed on Cred Forums now. I wonder how many people on Cred Forums these days remember stuff like noko, or how doubles used to be enabled here.

>Bioshock is 11 years old
HOLY FUCK
>Bioshock Infinite is 5 years old
JESUS CHRIST IT'S LIKE YESTERDAY I WAS RAVING ABOUT HOW SHIT IT IS

I've been browsing this site for 13 years

check this out right

it's possible

no hold on just listen

its possible

that someone can be nostalgic for a period in time in the past

and

get this right

and

that period of time can be superior to the present period in time, and the fact that the person's feelings are based on sentiment does not negate the fact that they're correct

Shit is selling for 60 today plus with DLC, patches, and micro transactions.

I'm so sorry, user.

Even a newfag like me has been here for 7 years now. We're all getting old.

You

type

a

massive

faggot

>CS:S
>Half Life 2
>Star Wars Battlefront
>Halo 2
>World of Warcraft
>Fable
>Kotor 2
>MGS 3
>GTA San Andreas

Wow, games did peak when I was 12.

I was an edgy 13 year old when I started, so I've reach a point now where my life with Cred Forums is equal in length to life without it.

>So thats why Thi4f bombed in ratings according to literally everyone
no, it bombed because it felt like a budget game, had sub-par controls, and a laughably bad story. the core sneaking is still miles ahead of 1 and 2 though, although i'll agree the level design is worse

>bitterness, the comic
so, what is the dude trying to say? that we should think the same of every piece of media ever released ever? what if i like something released recently? or before i was born? or if i didn't like something "when i was twelve"? If the point was to look like a limp dicked, passive aggressive loser, then i think the artist succeeded.

posting superior soapbox webcomic

Same boat as you, where did it all go

I want to fuck Erin

say no more

youre fucking retarded, it is terminal
nostalgia is a hell of a drug

>60
>extra 10 for premium edition
>extra 20 for deluxe collectable edition
>plus season pass
>plus lootboxes

but it;s ok, you dont HAVE to buy any of it and the lootboxes are all cosmetic, so it doesnt affect gameplay

But that doesn't happen to every game. And cosmetic shit doesn't matter at all, you faggots.

>nobody's put out Eltonel's patreon stuff where it can be easily found
Sad times

name 4 games that dont have any of the above

Deluxe editions with irrelevant collectibles are meaningless and not a minus.

yep, but it's true so..1996

I turned 12 in 1996. I can hardly remember a single thing about 1996.

you can just say you're wrong, it wont fucking kill you

at least you remember how long, I have no idea

You're right that every game ever has one of the things you listed. But there's nothing wrong with that, because one of the things you listed is not a minus.
Hope this helps.

People on Cred Forums usually make me feel old these days when they post their ages, but your post made me feel quite young. I was 4 in 1996.

No.

>games are full of useless garbage you have to pay extra for... AND THAT'S A GOOD THING

>useless garbage you have to pay extra for
>useless garbage
>have to pay
Did you bother to read your fucking post?

>2005

not really, it was a good time but the peak was probably the mid 90's when everyone was experimenting between when 3D started becoming a big thing and 2D basically hitting perfection.

Quake 4 was shit, so no.

>noko

haven't heard that in eons

Vanilla WoW's the best, yes.

I remember noko being a neccessity back in 2011, back when Cred Forums didn't have the quick reply box. I also remember stuff like how being banned meant you couldn't browse the site at all.

same year, same feeling.

Sept. 2005 - Sept. 2006 was a weird transitional year, with shitty Xbox 1.5 games coming to 360 for +$10 and the other consoles still not out.
It also probably marks the absolute nadir of PC gaming.

Nope that movie was shit

>Implying not everyone evades anyways instantly

nah, some games were great well before I was 12, and some great ones came out after, but recent games in the last 5-6 years have been a little mediocre

I still feel like the ballpark between 2001-2006 was a peak to me as it felt like the last gen games still felt "pure" to me and we hit the sweet spot of budgets, technology, and developers that were pretty leveled out so that you could experiment more without worrying about sinking the company.

Video games are better now than they were last generation at least.

I like video games that came out when I was 12 but I didn't play until I was 20 because I didn't have a PS2 growing up.

>tfw used to copy paste lots of emails and found out via the name the social accounts of newfags
>some were underage and we all had a good laugh when they were exposed
I miss those days

>tfw I will never forget my fifth birthday when my folks gave me Donkey Kong Country

That was also the last birthday I ever had that was good.

I remember when Cred Forums users flipped out because the people who got exposed by the lostboy RAT were using sites like Facebook and Reddit.

It feels weird to me that other people can remember stuff from when they were very little. I can't remember anything from when I was a little kid.

>Play old game
>Unlock a ton of cool characters and modes
>Play new game
>Pay for each new character and mode individually when the base game is already lacking
But yeah games sure are better

Nostalgiafaggots always rely on these shitty generalizations. Easily forgetting the worst moments of the past and concentrating on the worst moments of the present. Notalgiafaggotry is a very common disease within humanity. Not just with video games, either. It's pathetic, but what can you do? Sucks to be you retards.

If you don't take price into account (which you shouldn't), this is completely right.

spotted a twelve years old

I actually can't think of any modern PC games I'd want to play.

Deadfire coming soon

This dude is older than you, dumb fuck

The two best years for gaming were 2011 and 2017.

Good games still come out, but the best games of today are still somehow a score below the masterpiece titles of the 4th-6th gen. Stay fucking upset about it I guess

I played most of my favorite games between 16 and 22. I watched my favorite movie when I was 19.

I guess I missed out

Actually everything got shittier to me when i become twelve

I got 60 games for 60 dollars in those last two big humble bundles. That plus all the freebies and the smaller bundles and steam sales and shit I think 12 year old me would feel a little ripped off by FF9 which was ridiculously priced for the time

All you faggots need to stop judging gaming entirely by the triple A industry.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence those were the games that were fresh to you when you were relatively new and inexperienced to video games.
Nosltagiafaggots wouldn't be as annoying if they were at least a bit self-aware desu senpai

I sucked ass at vidya until I was 11, so I would say it peaked when i was 21. It was around that time that I started totally hating certain vidya that I would have loved when I was 11.

Vidya peaked from 1997 to about 2004, which represents the best titles of the PS1, N64, PS2 and GC.
I was 2 to 9 over this period, and i didnt even had a PS2 till the PS3 was about to launch so no, im not blinded by nostalgia.

Games still were pretty good till ~2010, then things started going to shit as publishers became more and more greedy.

>Games still were pretty good till ~2010
Yeah I really miss generic brown and bloom Modern Military FPS games

okay kid

There was still the odd good game coming out, such as L4D, TF2, Nier, Bioshock 2, DMC4, Bayonetta

But modern FPS games are more varied and interesting overall and Jap action games are pretty good right now. Overall despite DLC bullshit I still think it's improved.

Theres been an improvement over the last couple years.
2012-2014 was the rock bottom.

Okay, I'll concede that, you have a point there.

Not Really

>Muhcarina

I'd say that the golden age started at the beginning of the SNES era, and ended at the beginning of the 360/PS3 era. I still like a lot of new stuff that comes out, but it all feels so soulless with all the dlc, and micro-transactions.

Same, I remember almost nothing from my childhood. 10 and younger is completely absent for me. I have a few select memories from middleschool and elementary school, and then a fair amount from highschool, and then my normal adult life.

I only have a decent memory of stuff after 2010. Everything before then is a complete blur.

>pillars of eternity
You mean the game that tries to be as good as baldurs gate and fails?
What a nice example showing that modern games are garbage compared to old games

Pillars of Eternity is way better than Baldur's Gate I, though. Oh well, nostalgia fags, what can you do?

>Pillars of Eternity is way better than Baldur's Gate I
lol
>worse storyline
>worse setting
>worse system
>worse gameplay
>worse itemization
>despite trying to remove "grind" by limiting combat xp, still littered every map with trash mobs
the only thing it has better are characters, but only because it was in bg2 that the party members were more developed.

And even if you try to argue that it's better than bg1, it's been 18 years since bg2 release, surely if games are "better" these days, they can surpass a game from 2000?

>patches

explain why this is bad