Could Nintendo put out a new Punch Out in this climate, or would it be seen as 'problematic'?

Could Nintendo put out a new Punch Out in this climate, or would it be seen as 'problematic'?

There'd be articles written about it, but I think it'd be just as fine as Street Fighter. I mean, Street Fighter has the benefit of having sexy babes in it, that distracts ravenous bloggers to avoid complaining about the stereotypes.
Who knows. Everyone is mad all the time.

Nintendo has been pushing huge tits and delicious brown girls for about 2 years or so no. Senran Kagura even made its way on to the console.
I think they might just not give a shit anymore about snowflakes and feelings.

yeah I was really surprised by how they treated Xenoblade 2 proudly as second party with all the ero shit in that game.
And SNK Heroines? That shit looks like a feminist parody of fighting games.

I'm not complaining. I think at this point, Nintendo could probably put out something like Onechanbara, and no one would bat an eye due to the Switch's success.

Why would it be seen as problematic is there something I missed about boxing games?

There were lots a racial stereotypes in Punch-Out.

I find it hilarious how people that hate OoT's waiting in the combat and yet like the Punch Out games even though they do the exact same thing.

Punch-Out is all about finding the right times to take advantage with attacks. In OoT, I don't give a shit about the waiting in combat thing, but objectively speak, it does feel like it breaks the flow of the game a little bit. Not enough to bother me, it's there.

If Capcom can get away with revealing Rashid on 9/11 a few years ago, I think Nintendo can get away with Punchout.

>There were lots a racial stereotypes in Punch-Out.

Are you unfamiliar with Mario?

They wouldn't make another game but not because it would be problematic. You could tell with the Wii game that they were lacking in new ideas. There was only one new character for fuck's sake and a tacked on multiplayer.

What's Sterotypical about an Italian being a plumber and eating mushrooms?

>Could Nintendo put out a new Punch Out in this climate, or would it be seen as 'problematic'?

It would be seen as competition for ARMS, so not happening.

i find it hilarious that you try to draw parallels with Punch out and Legend of Zelda since Punch Out has always had a "wait and see strategy" in contrast of Zelda all out attacking with a certain weapon and that had went through a complete change from 2D Overhead perspective to 3D movement. they are two completely different genres.

A fat, Italian plumber with a mustache is a cliche of most immigrant communities from the 60's and 70's.

It's racist as fuck and the fact that it persists to this very day is fucking hilarious.

They're different genres.

Man holy fucking shit just how fucking dumb and faggity are a bunch of you fuckers? Like just how much of a shitty bubble have you been living to be projecting this damn hard with your lame as feelings and shit?

Says the faggot sperging out and having an emotional shitfit over a socially relevant question.

mario isn't fat though, he's athletic as fuck

it's just muscle

>t would be seen as competition for ARMS
Like how F-Zero was a competiton for Mar-

oh...

mario isn't a racist stereotype in the same regard
mario created the stereotype

I still don't get why they didn't add Little Mac as a guest fighter for ARMS, its such an obvious choice, but then again it took 4 games for him to appear in Smash so what do I know?

Little Mac can’t extend his arms.

Also it was a crap game.

Don’t they just laugh at NoA these days?

Punch-Out isn’t stellar either.

>mario created the stereotype

No he didn't.

I'm seriously considering buying Knockout League for VR but it is pretty expensive in comparison to other VR games , Knockout League is basically Punch Out , people say it makes you tired and sweat , that's not exactly a selling point to me.
But that's the newest Punch Out game there is.

Why do we need guest fighters in every fighting game? Why can't ARMS be its own thing? Can you answer that to the best of your abilities?

ARMS is its own thing and im glad for that, but after the launch they could have had some crossover to add as free DLC like Squid Girl in Splatoon. Not saying they needed to, but it would have been a nice touch.

The problem is could NLG make it without being arrested?

No need for that. The Squid Girl promo was her outfit and that was more than enough. It's not necessary for Splatoon, which was a success and it's not needed for ARMS.

Hell, Donkey Kong should have stayed out of Punch-Out.

That DK fight was great though

Honestly DK was more an easter egg since it was towards the end of the campaign mode. Nothing more fun than fighting an ape that you have no clue what patterns he has

Fuck off Egoraptor