Who /playoneasy/ here? Especially for the first time through

Who /playoneasy/ here? Especially for the first time through.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Vjs_bkukCE4?t=170
youtube.com/watch?v=JxSzUSeYtkU
apps.quanticfoundry.com/surveys/start/gamerprofile/
reddit.com/r/gaming/
psychologies.co.uk/self/the-psychology-of-adult-playtime.html
rallyhealth.com/fun/why-adults-need-to-play-too
undergradresearch.northwestern.edu/file/701/download?token=8dFh60Mb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I play on easy after I beat the game on the hardest difficulty to fuck around,

Easy is for women,kids, and people who dont play games much/new

Im not making fun of people who play on easy, to each his preference

These.

Depends on the game to be honest.

i dont mind people that play on easy
i just feel this obligation to post this everytime

this,i always choose the hardest difficulty even if i never played the game because i want a fucking challenge but don't care about what other people do,i just think that if i can breeze trough the game, then it's no fun for me,like,playing resident evil 2,"oh no, the zombies are fucking gonna kill you and you can barely survive!",but you have an infinite machinegun... this kills all the fun for me

No, the lowest I will play on is medium/normal. Have you no shame?

I always choose medium. It seems to be the sweet spot in most games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You have no life.

Games aren't worth replaying unless you're into aggressive wastes of time.

fuck off normalfag

If you have a life then you're doing something wrong

video games are already for kids. at least playing on the hardest difficulty gives some semblance of satisfaction for overcoming a challenge. If you want an easy game just play a walking simulator

It's not healthy to project, user.

Modern games are too braindead to play on easy. And no real satisfaction from overcoming challenges comes off it. Though older titles are a lot more understandable.

idk man after having both work and school, sometimes I just wanna feel like a badass in some escapist setting.

I play on easy because it's comfy. Also Im not so insecure with myself that I feel the need to lie on anonymous imageboards.

>press attack to win
>badass

fag

who cares nigger. i've never played games for the challenge, always for the mechanics, world ,immersion. challenge is meaningless. it's not like it matters in any way.

Obviously it depends on WHAT THE HELL THE DIFFICULTY CHANGES.

I played Dark souls on easy the first playthrough.

Play on normal first run. If I want to go back to see something again or get an achievement or something I play on easy.

Keep telling yourself that, loser.

>not experiencing the world and mechanics along with the challenge
gay

if the game turns into a bullet spunge fest on hard, i might play on normal
very rarely is easy actually enjoyable, often too easy

I usually play on easy, because otherwise who am I trying to prove my ability to overcome a challenge in a video game? A bunch of strangers on the internet? Who fucking really cares if I beat some game on hard? Hell, I could just brag that I beat games on hard all the time, nobody is going to know any different.

But you always press attack to win, unless you're saying you play Walking Sims on hard mode.

For fun?

This. No teethgrinding but no cakewalk either.

>who am I trying to prove my ability to overcome a challenge in a video game?
Yourself. Challenge is fun.

Probably the only reason I'd play a game on hard and that's only if I really really like the game.

Fag!
I used to play on easy when I was like 10yo. Near 15-17 yo I used to play on normal.
I'm actually playing everything on Hard-Ultra

you only talk about pleasing others in this post,what a bitch

Yeah, but I don't really care that much. I have more fun being casual.

for you.

It's only because other people judge you for the stupidest fucking things imaginable.

>Challenge is fun.

When did we stop calling people casuals anyway

we never stopped.
But there's no use talking to people with fingers in their ears.

It's hardly an insult. In no way do I consider myself to play video games any other way than casually

Fuck happened to you, Cred Forums

Who's that fat fuck?
Also yes, challenge is fun. Only basic bitches think otherwise.

I usually play on the easiest setting that isn't babby-tier, because I'd like to win at something in my life. These days that's usually whatever the default difficulty is, since that's what the game was balanced around (easy is either retard-level, or just longer but safer grinding because player damage or whatever is reduced along with enemy damage). Older games I go ezmodo though.

Casual isn't even an insult

>BAHAHAHA YOU PLAY GAME FOR SOME FUN AND DON'T TAKE THEM TOO SERIOUSLY I BET YOU HAVE SEX WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND HAVE OUTSIDE HOBBIES LIKE SKIING YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!

Hardest for any game with stealth.
Second hardest for everything else.

youtu.be/Vjs_bkukCE4?t=170

Depends how much I like the gameplay. I'll play Alien Isolation on nightmare but Persona 5 is being done on easy.

Like everything else, it depends on the game. If it's in a genre I'm totally incompetent at or is wildly different from normal games, I'm willing to at least consider easy, though I'd be unlikely to only beat it on easy. That said, there is always a difficulty where the game's mechanics are in full bloom: hard enough that you have to use everything at your disposal, but before the extremely hard difficulty that's meant to totally change up your expectations. Ultra Violence in Doom 1/2, Hard in Vanquish, stuff like that.

I usually pick one above normal which generally gives a decent starting challenge. Lots of time the highest difficulty can require cheese builds and exploiting AI which is not ideal for a first play-through. If there is an unlock related to game time I might pick easy, but I can't think of any other reason.

You mean you don't enjoy a random encounter with instant death spells?

normalfag detected

>fun

i only play on hard/very hard for achievements/100% ing a game. if there's no reward what's the point?

I always play easy or normal unless I'm trying to get a platinum trophy and that is the only time I ever increase the difficulty.

Witcher 3 is a pain in the ass now.

I always play normal first time through since I presume that's the difficulty the game is balanced around.

i played through all the uncharted games on easy because those unsatisfying shooting mechanics were absolutely tedious on normal much less on hard

I only played on easy when I was a kid because I just wanted to have fun, no wonder I'm still bad at vidya

the only time I play easy is when I'm trying to wrap my head around the mechanics and controls. Once I have a base in that I go hard unless it feels math hard then I go medium. Although this was before games had hour plus tutorials so it's not as necessary today.

These days always normal. However, way back in the day, there were oftentimes no hard mode; just easy and normal, with normal being hard as nails and easy still more difficult than normal mode these days.

Being only a casual consumer of video games makes you objectively less knowledgeable than a hardcore consumer because obviously the latter has more experience. Your opinion is worth less, if it's even worth anything in the first place.
Casual it's an insult in the context of Cred Forums.

Old Cred Forums would have destroy anyone playing on easy

I can't bring myself to play easy, in any situation. At this point I feel that multiplayer games have ruined me, and I no longer feel anything from single player games unless I'm constantly being pushed to get better. I try to enjoy them, but I get bored in a matter of minutes.

The only single player games I can even manage these days are games like Rimworld and Starsector, when the AI will actually kick your ass. Roguelites also will keep me interested, but only briefly.

>first time through.
Who ever has time for second playthrough, ever?

>He even has a meme thumbnail
Make it stop, please.

i did the same, when i popped in uncharted 2 for the first time i went straight to hard because i figured "oh it's a very popular TPS it's probably really easy on normal"
What followed was some of the most unfun frustrating bullshit of my life.

old Cred Forums died
mom bricked up the basement and cut the internet

Any game that lets you select difficulty is automatically shit.

>2nd hardest difficulty the first time through
>hardest difficulty after that

Normal because in 98% of all cases it's the developers intended difficulty and I want to see what they had in mind.

What MP games are you playing? If they're mostly team-based then I'd suggest you pick up fighting games because they are the epitome of "striving to improve"

I'm playing The Last of Us on easy because fuck taking this boring ass game seriously.
Elli is a spoiled piece of shit with her head up too very high on her own ass to be likeable. Punished Joel is a cool guy.
What's up with women in this game being huge cunts thought?

>breezing through a game is fun
No thank you, hard more only for me.

The entire purpose of a video game is to be challenged. If you're tailoring the game difficulty to remove the challenge then you're not actually interested in games. You're interested in media presentations.

>actually bothering with the story
Multiplayer is the only worthwhile part of that game

what the hell are you talking about son? i mean, if you complete the game with some conditions (time, nº of saves, not using first aid spray) you get one but you can just put it on the fucking vault, to this day i haven't been able to clear hunk mode, i would be surprised if you even unlocked it

I did this wish mgs3,4 and rising
felt right
If I can beat a boss with less than 3 tries (in an otherwise well designed game) It's not hard enough if it takes me more than 5 it's probably too hard. If I'm enjoying it, it does not matter.

You wouldn't know that because you're a reddit crossposter.

When I was a kid I would play on easy, activate cheats, and use game genie/shark, but eventually I realized overcoming the challenge was more fun and satisfying than facerolling through everything (although that's fun in its own way).

TLOU is actually a game if you play it on survivor or grounded. You're doing yourself a disservice.

I feel like every woman in a AAA game is either a bitch or permanently sucking my dick with no inbetween.

You know its funny seeing Cred Forums talking shit about gaming journalists sucking dick at video games but this thread prove you guys ain't any better.

>Playing Alien Isolation
>Press new game
>Game recommends I play on hard
>Returned the game

Fuck you don't tell me what to do.

Literally always normal

I don't want to have to try, but I don't want it to be insultingly easy and quick to burn through.

Same i no joke opened the thread to see if it was posted. All's good in the world.

>raising difficulty only increases health and enemy damage
>faggots defend this as the ideal way to play Vidya
retards

>The entire purpose of a video game is to be challenged.
the entire purpose of a video game is to be entertainment. You impose a challenge because that's entertaining to you. You keep playing them because you seek validation through video games.

Casual.

>playing bethesda games

Pic related is we with my girlfriend

>not playing on nightmare

pussy

no, sometimes when i start on hard though i turn it down to medium, when my hot step sister is playing with me though i put it in easy.

liberal game developers trying to make "empowered" women...by making them act like stuck up lesbians.

>fuck cinematic game!
>BUT I DONT WANT TO BE CHALLENGED REEE I HAVE A LIFE YOU KNOW!

Oh Cred Forums contrarian mindset.

The loud minority/gen z, are not Cred Forums.

she gets better after summer

>the entire purpose of a video game is to be entertainment.

Entertainment through challenge. If you take the game out of the entertainment then you're watching an interactive movie.

You don't like games. You like movies.

I actually play a lot of Squad & Blackwake these days. Games that require leadership & coordination. Either being a captain in Blackwake or Squad Leader in Squad. Being able to rally a bunch of random people and turn them into a fearsome fighting force is one of the best feelings I've ever gotten in a game.

I can't play fighting games. Not because they are too hard, but because the time required to even enjoy the game at a basic level is too much. The only fighting game I ever played and liked was Rising Thunder, and now all I have left from it is this single webm.

what game is that? the ui seems strangely familiar

>enemies are 1 shot and you are invincible
>i-i-i dont want to turn it up f-faggots!

>he plays on EASY MODE hahahahahahahahahah OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO A
LOL CASUAL GET OFF A MY A BOARD!

Second to hardest on first playthrough, hardest on second playthrough. Unless it's a game like STALKER or Metro because then it's the hardest since that's what the game was actually balanced around and then it's the only thing I ever play it on. The best games are ones without difficulty settings.

>animal crossing is a movie

wrong as fuck

if I had to guess twisted metal 2

I wont

It all make sense now as to why Cred Forums hate fighting games. You guys are fucking casuals who suck at video games.

How fucking embarrassing for a board that shit so much lmao.

>mommy waaah i want to have fun waaah hard more is too hard waaah mommy

It's not THAT long.
youtube.com/watch?v=JxSzUSeYtkU
This series covers everything you'd be expected to know in about an hour.

My friend said the story is the best part, so far the only nice thing is the level details.
The gun play is shit thought. Can't imagine how frustrating it would be on hard.

Only movies don't have difficulty settings.

Your friend is a fucking fag

the typical numale

get pills so you can fix the weapon sway

>you don't have fun if you play on hard!
Hey faggot normalfags what if I actually have more fun with being challenged?

I aways play on easy for first time and goes up.
Especially when you play a genre for the first time.

It takes another 100 hours not to lose every match. I had that experience with KoF and Guilty Gear. Learning the combos and everything wasn't hard, trying to beat people better than you was.

fag, play on whatever difficulty you want. just don't try to act like an elitist over fucking video games.

You win some and you lose some thats fighting games you know.

Learn to take to lost and improve from it.

i always play on the second easiest difficulty. But if im going for all achievements / platinum trophy i do play on the harder difficulty. I just dont enjoy when you die in 1 second by 1 bullet. Its more enjoyable to play on normal. Also im to lazy to try to start a game on a hard difficulty.

t. easymodo

I see, well lucky you. I find tacticool games to dependent on your team mates for me to really enjoy them.

the future is now, grandpa

I'll act like an elitist all I want you fucking casual nu-Cred Forums shitter.

He's a good man, he just has shit taste.

okay, so? what's your point?

>The entire purpose of a video game is to be challenged
lol try again retard.

>nu- Cred Forums
you can fuck right off back to plebbit
stop trying to fit in so much

The future is video games journalists mode? Perfect for soy-Cred Forums

why would anyone play on easy? Its retarded and boring as shit 99% of the time. Why do you want to play a dumbed down version of the game?

Nah man, see that's exactly why I never enjoy fighting games. There is plenty of things to learn in every game, but with fighting games you need mastery to even begin playing correctly. If they re-released Rising Thunder, I'd play the shit out of it again. Hopefully SOME developer makes another game like it, without all the bullshit of a normal fighting game.

Until then, I enjoy leadership games.

>casual nigger telling me to go to reddit
I think its clear which one of us belong here, normalfag.

>game have at least 4 difficulties
>just able to select easy or normal the first time you play it

Dark Souls doesn't have a difficulty setting.

What games nowadays are even worth being knowledgeable about? indie pixelshit walking simulator#482749 or generic AAA open world DLC-ridden lootbox service #483971?

your bait is strong, but mine is stronger.

not him, fuck off retard. Its obvious how new and underage you are. Go back to kindergarden fag

>he care about gameplay

ugh the sooner we can skip gameplay section in video games the better it will be.

>most games these days aren't that hard even on the hardest difficulty
>MOMMYYY IT'S TOO HARD TURN THE DIFFICULTY DOWN!

Animal Crossing is a game made for (man)children and women, just like the sims etc.

I fucking hate this shit so much. Just let me play on hard you fucking faggots devs.

It's dependent on your team mates yes. But you yourself have to become the beacon of example and lead your team to victory

This.

kill yourself cancer

>I only play game on extra hard mode cause I'm really epic and manly brb gonna go pwn some noobs!

I play on easy first time round and then after I get a grip for how it plays/beat the game I play it on the hardest difficulty

>the unlockable difficulties have new or different content

It's always a nice surprise when you put a game on hard mode and it's actually hard.

>kindgarden
>MOMMY GAME IS TOO HARD WAAAAAAAH MOMMY I NEED EASY MODE MOMMY

new to the genre
new to platform
dislike certain mechanics
story is more compelling than the gameplay
ease of exploration
time restrictions
difficulty feels arbitrary
that's all I can really think of

casual faggot

Usually doing normal first if it's a genre I'm not familiar with. Otherwise I go straight to Hard.

Nothing wrong with Easy Mode. Especially if you want to relax after having a shit day.

I play on easy because it’s far more fun 9 times out of 10

why even play the game at that point

I played Darkest Dungeon on easy.

How was i supposed to know that the dodge for the heroes would be absolute bazonkers with the full light?
Not my fault the faggot description only tells me the grinding will be reduced. WHO wouldn't pick the mode with less grinding shit

>even fucking DSP himself doesn't play on easy mode
THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING STATE OF NU-MALE Cred Forums HAHAHAHAHHAHA

You telling me I'm the only one who started this horrible unbalanced piece of shit and switched it to easy mode right away?

>put game on hard mode
>suddenly the first level is the hardest in the game

>If 2 difficulties
Hardest.
>If 3 difficulties
Hardest.
>If 4 difficulties
One below hardest.
>If 5 difficulties
One below hardest
>If >6 difficulties
Two below hardest.

If you don't do this then you can get the fuck out of my board.

what gaem

Consider the following: In CoD raising the difficulty means that you take almost lethal damage from one hit. It's impossible to play through the game without getting hit.
To recover that damage you need to stay in cover to get your health back.
This in turn ruins the flow and slows the game down constantly. Playing on easy would allow you to zoom around the levels and tank more hits before having to retreat for a while.
Conclusion: There are soem cases where hard mode ruins the game and only brings you a disadvantage

Your next line is "I don't play shitty CoD games" which is retarded because it's only used as an example. You can take other praised games such as Max Payne if you want.

>Why do you want to play a dumbed down version of the game?
And raising the enemies healthpool makes the game smart or what?

How is it more fun? How is mashing through everything like a braindead retard in any fun?

>new to the genre
why not learn it the right way from the start? I dont know any game that you cant get into in an hour max
>new to platform
see above
>dislike certain mechanics
legit point but then the game is shit
>story is more compelling than the gameplay
and because of that i make the gameplay piss-easy?
>ease of exploration
more fun if theres a challenge imo. But to each his own
>time restrictions
uhhh if you have less than 30 minutes maybe dont play at all
>difficulty feels arbitrary
legit, but in that case the game is trash

I assume you haven't played Gothic or Risen.

Depends on the game.

Persona 5 for example forces you to play on normal.
On easy, you can't change the difficulty later. On hard you won't finish the dungeon in one night and you miss important activities. Later you can switch to hard if you are too op.

There are other games which only change hp of bosses and that's it. If "difficulty" is only use to just artificially increase one stat, I would never waste my time playing the game on a harder difficulty than easy.

Also sometimes the late game is even on the hardest difficulty to easy like Dragons Dogma.

Guns of Icarus, essentially steampunk balloon combat. Haven't played it in almost a year but have about 300 hours in. I'm a sucker for being captain of a ship.

>challenge is somehow not fun
Jesus christ the absolute state of soyboys
YES CHALLENGE IS FUN YOU ABSOLUTE FAGGOT
If you don't think challenge is fun you're literally NOBODY. You're nothing, your the end of your fucking bloodline. You are weak, your lineage is weak, and you will fucking die alone with no children. I'm being completely fucking serious here. Most men (oh look, the largest target demographic for more hardcore videogames) THRIVE off of challenge.

Jesus fucking christ I know most kids on Cred Forums are betas, but this is fucking unreal.

You are most certainly not a badass for playing on easy lol

i wasnt against "medium" mode or just not choosing the hardest. I was trying to say that choosing baby mode is never a good choice. Youre right obviously.

i do as well unless easy mode is more of a "story" mode where you're invincible. certain games like puzzle games do difficulty ramping well and i'll try those on hard.

it seems like most games' difficulty ramping just makes enemies take longer to kill, limits your time for tasks, or requires trial and error until you do things just right, or until you get the right rng. does not seem fun to me. and there's still SOME challenge on easy mode, it's not like you're just cruising through without thought.

>new to the genre
It's actually bad to play on easy in this case because you'll get used to the game being easy and you won't get gud. You'll learn more by having your ass kicked.
That's my experience with 4X games at the very least.

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

>This thread

Yare yare daze

Halo in legendary is not fun, you have to snipe from afar just to survive, instead of getting up to the enemy's asshole.
The difficulty before legendary is perfect. You're not a piece of shit that dies in two shots and the enemies are hard enough without being a grind.

This one isn't Guns of Icarus though. What's this one? Is the player base in it the same as Guns of Icarus (non-existant)?

>Cred Forums pretends to be hardcore
>Couldn't even beat Wolverstein 2 on the hardest difficulty and that's why they hate it and play easy casual shit like Kingdom Come

Depends on the challenge, just look at Speedrunners.

>tfw you're a failure in life so the only thing you can do to brag online is beat games on hard
how pathetic could you possibly be

>If you don't think challenge is fun you're literally NOBODY. You're nothing, your the end of your fucking bloodline. You are weak, your lineage is weak, and you will fucking die alone with no children. I'm being completely fucking serious here. Most men (oh look, the largest target demographic for more hardcore videogames) THRIVE off of challenge.
>Jesus fucking christ I know most kids on Cred Forums are betas, but this is fucking unreal.

Well you seem to be already challenged.

The hardest part of Wolfenstein 2 is getting through the cutscenes.

dumb frogposter

Easy is literally for women and children, all of whom have slower reflexes and lower threshold for skill.

Game I'm posting now is Blackwake, essentially my replacement of GoI. Playerbase is small but there are usually about 5 full servers (54 players). Also the new update that is coming out in a week will be making the game far better.

>normal is too easy
>hard is too difficult

>just cleared shadow dragon on hard
>feels good man
>i need an actual challenge
>start heroes of light and shadow on lunatic
>couldn't finish since i'm not able to protect everyone from chapter 7 onwards

>tfw you're a failure in life and you can't even brag online about the games you beat because you played on very easy

He's superior to you. You're game journalist tier.

Anyone else choose easy in persona so they end up spending less time in dungeons?

I would say all those tranny speedrunners are FAR more male brained than they realize. Autism is theorized to be a case of extreme male brain, and yet autism is also seemingly common among these trannies. Hell, keep in mind even though they're beta losers, even the ones who aren't trannies, they're also known for being MASSIVE dicks to eachother, which is clear examples of them at least trying to instate dominance heirarchies. I don't think it's an end all be all thing.

But you know what I do know? If you don't think challenge is fun in any way, any shape, or any form you are going to be, beyond the shadow of a doubt, nobody.

Son your testicles are going to have to drop someday if you want your life to be anything but meaningless.

That’s a modern trend of devs just making hard or insane mode or whatever give all the enemies too much health or constant knowledge of where the player is. Difficulty settings aren’t needed for most games, just make one setting intended to appeal to to one type of gamer.

There doesn’t need to be a hard mode to animal crossing or an easy mode for dark souls.

Holy shit, I almost completely agree. It doesn't always apply, depending on specific games or genres, but this is the true guideline.

Persona has a difficulty setting?

All Bethesda rpg since the bullet sponge mechanics is abhorrent.

I still don't get why a lot of people found it problematic/weird that you couldn't kill every creature in an open world right away.

I don't see a reason to. Modern game "hard" modes are fucking trash.
Compare this to MGS2, where on harder difficulties there were more enemies patrolling and shit. Nowadays hard does nothing more than giving enemies more health and damage.

>Harder difficulties turn Wolfen2 into a goddamn cover shooter
>Easier difficulties allow for run & gun

What were Machinegames thinking?

>Play shooting game on hard
>Have to sit behind cover for longer

>Play turnbased rpg on hard
>Enemies have more one shot spells and you have to grind more

>Play fighting/other action game on hard
>Enemies literally reading your inputs so you can't do shit

>Every other game is just makes your weapons weak and enemies super strong and waste more of your time

Fuck you and your artificial difficulty you worthless try hards kill yourself or go back to Red dit while I play on easy.

No? The game isn’t hard on any difficulty, it’s literally Pokémon tier elemental weakness “strategy”. Have one persona with a few junk skills and then a few with the others and you can clear almost the entire game. You can even knock down bosses, and with how much you can boost your crit it isn’t hard to do.

normal and then replay on hard usually. normal lets you have fun and mess around and appreciate the mechanics, and a lot of games on hard end up being frustratingly hard (since most games are balanced around normal difficulty with hard being higher HP enemies)
if it's something that's more enjoyable being more challenging like a tactical shooter or DMC clone i'll start on hard. open world games especially get a lot more fun when you turn the difficulty up because it makes you interact with the world and actually do shit to make your character stronger
i'll only ever turn something down to easy when i'm not enjoying the gameplay like with FO1/2 or BSI

I play on regular to learn the mechanics and then try hard. There's no reason to play easy.

He played Persona 3 on Easy and failed miserably against Nyx Avatar

No wonder a board full of weebs virgins play game on easy.

>I only play to see the anime girl boobies in cutscene lol

i'm sorry you've got such a hard case of tumblr-tier ptsd, let me guide you to your safe zone ladyboi

your mom gay lol

I'm /playonalldifficulties/ masterrace actually. It's always interesting to see how games change between difficulties, like different enemies with different attacks in Platinum games, or changing the story quite a bit in the case of Perfect Dark.

First playthrough is always on hardest available difficulty though.

you have probably a lifetime of experience behind you though. Go right now and try to play a bullet hell or some genre of ballshard games you haven't touched before. You might learn a little. But I'd wager someone who steps up the challenge incrementally will probably be better in the same amount of time. Because they have more time they're actually learning and thinking not being overwhelmed by something they don't have the know-how or skill to get themselves out of.

I'd agree with you if it wasn't for 2 things:
1. Why are you playing that shit in the first place?
2. Why not mod it instead?

You remind me of those poor anons who took the alpha vs beta mindset, that Cred Forums forced, seriously.
Not enjoying challenge in videogames doesn't make you a "lesser male" or whatever you think.
It just means you enjoy recreational and relaxing interactivity more. Just look at VN's and their male "play"erbase

Only 85 IQ troglodites play on easy

>Played accidentally Manhunt in hardest difficulty
>No radar
>Nearly pass all game in four stars
>Just know that the games have a actual radar because see a Easter egg video

lets be honest bros the best games are the ones without a "difficulty setting".

You are not fooling anyone, retard

We all know hard games is a Japanese thing, western games are all a walk in the park with QTEs.

Imagine being this bad at video games

Wow that's more than what the average Cred Forumsirgin has

nah

>this thread
I don't think a bunch of toddler playing on easy had any right at making fun of that Cuphead journalist faggot.

You guys are just as bad.

70% of all user on Cred Forums are afraid to take THIS test

apps.quanticfoundry.com/surveys/start/gamerprofile/

Are you a bad enough dude?

>Wolverstein

i have a cousin who's legit that retarded (from an intense fever he has when he was a kid) his favorite genre is roguelikes and dwarffort sort of stuff

Sure smell like roastie here.

it depends, you know how some shitty "localizations" fuck up some games, for example, you can't compare the difficult from Rockman games to the "Megaman" ones
i think if the game comes with various difficulties it's more likely to not get the actual game balance fucked up by some faggots

This.

Oddworld was great because it was hard but fair, then they created the faggy "new and tasty" with difficulty choices so the women wouldn't cry while playing it.

> If you don't think challenge is fun in any way, any shape, or any form you are going to be, beyond the shadow of a doubt, nobody.

You don't have to like it. You just have to do it. Doing it is what makes the difference.

>Just look at VN's and their male "play"erbase
A bunch of virgin weebs loser?

first play should always be hardest to fully enjoy the game

70% of all users on Cred Forums are too smart to click on your link full of viruses and other shit.

>1. Why are you playing that shit in the first place?
>2. Why not mod it instead?
I play them because they can be modded, ie they are the only game where I'm sure I'll get every things I like weapons or armor wise, but I hate to stand out of the world so I avoid demi-godly gear that breaks the atmosphere.

you have no skill

can i get horny single moms in my area if i take the test?

>fuck off to reddit if you play games on hard

I literally said that was my experience while getting into 4X games. I didn't know shit about the genre and after winning a couple games on easy I still knew nothing, it wasn't until I got my ass destroyed early game by the AI that I learned something.
Easy mode isn't made for people who want to get better at the game.

I always play on normal first because I assume this is how developers intended a game to be. Besides, a lot of devs can't balance different difficulty settings for shit.

you ain't fooling no one kid

>Not enjoying challenge in videogames doesn't make you a "lesser male" or whatever you think
Not what I said retard implied challenge isn't fun, period. Which is the attitude of a total loser, someone whose very life will be completely meaningless.

>all these soymales admitting in playing on easy

the real soymales are the ones who take pride in finishing games on the hardest difficulties

does babby need to go beddy bye?

>4X games
Oh the genre heh, I didn't read that right the first time.
>Easy mode isn't made for people who want to get better at the game.
yeah because you know what every developer is thinking and can divine the intent with which they created the game.

reddit.com/r/gaming/

>I play game on easy so I belong on Cred Forums

you literally cannot be anything but a soyboy if you rely on videogames for validation. The only acceptable reason for a grown man to play videogames is novelty.

Real man like a challenge you little baby.

Some games do have a short description for each difficulty mode left there by the developers though. Easy is often something like "For people who want to enjoy the story" or something like that.

never seen that for any game besides maybe deus ex hr and nu-theif

???????

>tfw you're such a failure in life you can't even be bothered to put effort into your "hobby"
>then shitpost about how little you try on a forum dedicated to said hobby

I play on the exact middle difficulty and if there is an even number then the second hardest.

how long did it take you to type that sentence?

Are you lost? Why are you even here?

those are called "hobbyists", which you clearly are not and therefore don't belong here.

Easy modo?

Nigger, this has been a thing ever since the days of the original Wolfenstein and Doom.

Why are you even on Cred Forums? This place clearly isn't for you.

I don't see the fun in playing on easy mode.

What's wrong with playing 90% of your games on easy mode and then only increasing the difficulty if you actually like the game?

I play lots of games and have limited time for bullet sponges and all that other bullshit.

I played White Day and Alien Isolation on very easy mode don't even regret it cause they were shitty games with artificial difficulty anyway by comparison I played RE and MGS2 on the highest difficulty after multiple playthroughs and had a good time.

Only in 8 and 16 bits games, because those are hard as their motherfucker.

>enjoying a challenge is the same as relying on something for validation
no.

>hard difficulty isn't available until you beat the game
>it essentially acts as ng+ by remixing enemy movesets and placements
>beating hard unlocks the hardest difficulty
>hardest difficulty has the same enemies as hard but they do way more damage and some crutch abilities you've had the entire game are taken away

The babies playing on easy mode in this thread are the same kind of babies who think they are hardcore for beating dark soul.

I always play on hardest difficulty if the combat is all about reflex/skill, if the controls don't have any major flaws, you have no excuse for losing but you being shit. Exceptions are broken mechanics, "bullet-sponges" (i am not gonna hit your fucking boss for 15 minutes) or outright unfair mechanics that make the fight near impossible without resulting to gimmicks.

>why can't you go away and let use wallow in our perpetual soydom
it actually is though
the greater the challenge the greater the validation. You need more validation because you lack it in meaningful areas of life.

I imagine all the casuals that are playing fire emblem fate on easy.

>I just want to enjoy the story bro!
>fire emblem fate story
LMAO

>>why can't you go away and let use wallow in our perpetual soydom
yeah why can't you?

>want to play on hard first time around
>tutorials are disabled because the game assumes you already played through the game once
Fucking Metro 2033

>ENJOYING something is the same as getting VALIDATION from it
So, user, does jerking off validate you?

I play games on easy mode, I completed all the Ninja Gaiden games on the highest difficulty and no longer feel I have anything to prove.

>easy is for these people
>to each his preference
?

>meaningful areas of life
normalfag pls go

>playing on fucking easy for any reason
jesus that's embarrassing, i remember when Cred Forums permabanned people who were that bad at vidya, can't we go back to those times?

almost always go on medium for the first playthrough, sometimes hard depending on the difficulty descriptions. medium is usually a enough of a cakewalk too unless its a platinum game or something

>implying physical needs are the same a psychological ones.
to humor the example anyways, no but it's an attempt to alleviates the pain felt by the lack of validation through sexual conquest.

please leave

>MOMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>implying enjoyment and play aren't psychological needs
W E W

>Not challenging yourself.

That sucks, user.

I wish. Playing easy modo should get you a permaban.

>immersionfags
Every fucking time.

i always select the most difficult option available.
i've been playing games for 20 years and am too good at them now

for children

DSP vs Cred Forums.

Who would win?

>muh dick
figures. Kill yourself nigger.

Dificulty is great for immersion, just look at STALKER.

DSP would lose but he was clearly blocking so the win goes to him

Depends on the game, I've been playing RPGs and JRPGs on easy for a while now.

I honestly can't bother to spend that much time in them, 100 hour games can get quite annoying and I don't enjoy exploring the world and talking to every NPC anymore.

how much of an incel do you have to think anyone who has sex is a nigger?

Cred Forums easy, nobody can out suck dsp

Pretty sure DSP could beat most of Cred Forums in any fighting games.

>What's wrong with
Because difficulty can have a significant influence on the experience. I'm currently playing ACO and its quite right on the hardest difficulty, it forces you to actually do some assassinating instead of mindlessly bashing one button, which you would do on easy. It's a major difference if you can run into a enemy camp and tank 30 hits or dying in 3. Its a completely different approach to combat.

I think you don't enjoy RPGs, maybe play something else.

if we were to play an irl game with dsp, he would get stuck in the first room because he couldn't figure out how to unlock an already unlocked door

Enjoy tending to your parasites nigger, I'll be busy enjoying the pleasures of no responsibility.

>I know nothing of human psychology and yet I keep trying to assert my bullshit
Humans, and animals in general, engage in forms of play throughout their entire lives.
psychologies.co.uk/self/the-psychology-of-adult-playtime.html
rallyhealth.com/fun/why-adults-need-to-play-too
undergradresearch.northwestern.edu/file/701/download?token=8dFh60Mb

at life?
Probably DSP no matter how much he sucks/how ugly and balding he is he's had sex had girlfriend (even if she was a nutter too) does what he enjoys for a living and is surrounded by people who are supportive of that. For all intents and purposes that are not videogames dsp has won.

i have all these things too, minus the fanbase. though i am more deserving of a fanbase than dsp is because im not a retarded homosexual

I thought that DSP got JUSTed recently

He masturbated and came on a livestream. He is a man that lives without any shred of human dignity, I fail to see how he's "won".

He got a new gf btw.

He'd first need to figure out what buttons he has to press in order to reach the door.

im sure it would be horseshit and there would be nothing he could do

So how many of you try hards completed Evil Within on Akumu mode?

Normie

I remember the Cred Forums that would tell casuals to fuck off. That Cred Forums seem to be long gone now.

>pop-psychology publications
wew
They mean play as in shared play with other humans and not user's daily 12 hours of alone time with his computer.

>though i am more deserving of a fanbase than dsp
this is the root Cred Forums's obsession of with DSP jealousy of the attention he receives. People watch him because he's not (you).

im a little jealous of his popularity because i am more deserving of it. im not hating on you-- i mean him. i watch this is how you dont plays all the time

We're trying, he just won't stop.

>choosing a difficulty when starting a new game
>always think of this image
>have to go with hard

>articles literally cites research papers
>just pop-sci
Keep trying.
>They mean play as in shared play with other humans
>People require time alone and videogames do not exist in a vacuum.
Nobody said it was

Most of us are more deserving of it user. DSP is a fucking low goalpost.

easy mode is literally not playing the game,might aswell watch a movie or delete this thread since easy mode is not video games :^)

I have a bad habit of assuming I'm way worse at games than I actually am.
So I'll hear people complaining about how hard a game is or how complex the strategies they came up with are, anxieties kick in, end up starting on easy or normal because I'm worried I'll kill my experience because I'll be terrible.

And it always ends up being too easy
And then I have to sit and wonder how bad the average player is that they have to come up with complex strategies or minmax like crazy just to barely make it through some of these games on normal.

>reeeee not accepting my second hand sources of what is already a soft science at the forefront of the replication crisis

The average ''gamer'' are awful at video games. Just look at any gaming journalists for example.

>replication crisis
What crisis, there are 8 billion of us.

>Dude you should always play on highest difficulty lmao
>start playing ninja gaiden 2 on my friend's save that was set on master ninja
>cant survive the first minutes
so much FUN

wew

wish i could have been there to see that.
there's a reason you have to clear the game twice to unlock that mode. u'll get ur tight lil boypooch torn right up

It's funny because a lot of "specific subject" journalists aren't actually good, experienced, or even knowledgable in the subjects they cover.
Game Journalist
War Journalist
Movie Journalist
News Journalist

It feels like being a journalist these days is a good way to make money off something you're bad at and too lazy to develop skills to be good at.

git gud

>let me use one of the hardest game ever as an example to make it look like im right xD

Still just get good you fucking faggot.

You have to git gud.

>difficulty names change depending on where the game released

good post this

I stopped playing on easy after I saw this image many many years ago

I play on easy because I just can't be bothered with tedium and restarting/reloading anymore. I've got no time or patience for it. Unless is just built in hard and I really like I'll slog through but otherwise it's easy mode. I don't even really enjoy games much anymore. It's just another time waster.

you should do something else if you're not having fun.

Hard for getting good

Easy for fucking around.

Unless it's STALKER since they fucked it up

I usually go for normal or medium because nowadays that is the easy setting. Easy is like cheat code easy nine times out of ten.

>implying you can change the difficult level on them

It’s more being an uncoordinated retard. You could play most games on hard even with the reflexes of a 60 year old man, it’s like those buzzfeed guys who accidentally revealed they had the testosterone levels of men in their 80s while in their early 20s.

Its basically confirmation that you’re physically disabled. You have to have the reflexes and dexterity of a 4th grader to not be bothered by how mind numbing easy difficulty is on most games.

Honestly on easy a lot of times it just feels like the immersion is gone, but yeah there’s nothing intrinsically wrong with it

>calls the game by it's "localized" name
>the original name is actually in english
>calls the difficult setting in japanese on purpose expecting god knows which reaction

>ITT

I'm sure (you) have a life, otherwise you would'nt post here.

That’s because games journalism is bottom of the barre “journalism”. It’s you being given a press pass and being briefed by a company rep in an office room about what you can and can’t see, and you can’t ask real questions because if you do they’ll revoke your sponsor’s passes and you’ll be fired. You’re basically told what to say and who to meet, it’s about as far from “journalism” as literally possible.

Compare that to a journalist looking for answers on, let’s say, the BP oil spill. He gets shoved off by reps so he has to walk door to door and make a hundred phone calls to collect a single story that might get published. Games “journalism” is literally the losers club of writing professions. It requires no effort, no creativity, no investigative abilities, and no real ability to even think for yourself. This is also why so many obnoxious losers flock to it, it’s a dead end job where they don’t have to try or know anything but can pretend to know what they’re talking about, which is the ultimate line of work for a fucking loser.

the irony of this post is that nu-wolfenstein on UBER is pisseasy

*blocks your path*

you have no self esteem

??????????????????????

He's probably talking about the Arranged Mode that was in the Dualshock version if I remember right. It started you off with a literally infinite ammo machine gun and the damage you take from zombies is diminished along with some other changes. It's pretty much easy mode.

i think i got something wrong then since akumu literally means nightmare i assumed it was that

more like
>the kiddie pool is just as fun as the regular pool
>fucking tryhards with their swimming, I have work and a gf I can't be arsed to learn how to "swim"

RE3 started you with a machinegun if you played on easy

I feel games should never be made with an easy mode.

If you can't play the game the bare way it was made to be played you simply aren't ready for it, and adjustment needs to be done on your end, not the game's.

That's like sitting down with a friend at the pub for a game of chess and going, "Hey friend, you know I was never really good at this game, how about my queen gets 2 lives instead of one"

No.

Learning how to drive and taking the driving test
"Hey instructor, I know it's standard that everybody has to show then can merge and exit the freeway properly, but I still don't really feel comfortable with it. Can we just skip this part?"
"Oh well of COURSE we can skip the standard part of this experience that everybody else can complete, because you are a unique individual with your own needs, and every experience you come across in life should be tailored to meet your needs"

Said nobody ever.

Maybe if you need easy mode you should just stick to Flash and Mobile "gaming" eh?

No need to drag the rest of gaming down to your level.

"Oh hey Mr.Developer, you know I really like everything about your game, the lore, the characters, the art style...buuut the game itself, it's a bit too hard don't you think? Any chance you could, you know, make it a little easier for those of us who aren't so serious about gaming?"
"Sure mate, let me just reduce the quality of the game, and you can still pay full price for it."

Ah, THAT makes sense though doesn't it.

I see what you're saying and you raise a fair point but I don't think difficulty settings should be axed completely. If that happened, games across the board would likely just get easier. I'd rather have a choice in the matter.

>let me just reduce the quality of the game
don't tell me you actually believe this

>being upset over what other people do
lol

but we were talking about RE2

I set myself between normal and difficult if I can. I find most games are balanced around pacing the player through the content, but I want a challenge and the option to lose if I fuck it up. Few games really balance the hardest difficulty well though - it's usually some sort of bullshit like massive health bloat that becomes a chore.