That D-Pad

>That D-Pad
What went so right?

nothing

I bought one for the first time yesterday and find it catches slightly when doing a full 360° at the top, though only sometimes.

I get a defective one or is this just an unfortunate reality of how they are?

Nothing is ever perfect.

found the contrarian who's never touched an xbox one d-pad

>nintendo crashes and burns with their d-pad
>microsoft makes the best one this gen
I'm not sure how I feel about this opposite world.

It's just how they are. If you're looking for something that's easier to pull full, half, or quarter circles see if you can't order the circular d-pads that come with the elite controllers.

Is this the best PC controller? I'd like to replace my 360 one because the buttons are starting to stick

180/360 degree spins on a d-pad suck if it's not using a disc design. Sega Saturn/Vita d-pads are good at this.

Well fuck, was hoping I could just return it for a working new one.

Cheers though.

I don't think it's flawless but it's the natural upgrade to the 360 and the elite costs a retardamount

I'll probably get called shill or whatever, but if you're getting a lot of use out your Xbox controllers just dish out the money for the elite. The accessories are really nice, the controller itself is solid and has good heft and feel, and the thing lasts for fucking ever.

I wish I could just use my Vita as a gamepad on PC. This thing's almost flawless.

I really like the paddles on the steam controller, do these compare well? XBone controller + paddles would basically be my god pad

They're a lot more sensitive, and aren't their own inputs. The paddles only remap existing inputs.

That's fine. Literally the best use I have found for them is in Dark Souls, mapping lock on to one paddle and roll to the other, aka right click and B. Sounds like a right buy for me, gonna go in next week

Be aware of defects. I don't know what they're like now, but around launch every single one I've ever seen broke.

>that absolute wanker trying to get him to buy the elite controller

i totally forgot that there were leaked photos of a revision, so I probably plan on buying that when that comes out

>wow look, there are some faulty units in a product manufactured by the millions! Outrageous!

I like how they improve on every iteration of their controllers. I also didn't think a controller would top the 360 pad, but here we are.

Is there a version of this controller that isn't wireless?

I had pic related with that problem but my elite is fine. MS should have better quality control for something this expensive but the flaw is not unique to the elite.

>widespread issues in a 'premium' product released 3 years ago, still not fixed in revisions
the elite control is a joke, the dpad was the only good revision from the 360 controller, with the elite controller its just inferior in every possible to way to the 360, and original xbone controller

I use mine on PC without connecting the wireless. Not sure if you are using it for the Xbone though.

t. salty xboxtard

It's OK
a little small
tough to move diagonally

I had pretty bad stick drift on this exact 360 controller as well. Sony still makes the best analog sticks by far.

looking to buy one, I can vaguely remember hearing there is an inferior older version and a superior newer one, what to look for?

I only have a PC and a PS4. I do use xbone controller for the PC though, but not that elite crap. I didn't want to pay double for a different color, and the dpad is just fine on the original xbone. (so much better than 360, those were utter shit. I hated them because of the stupid battery pack at the worst place possible, and the shit dpad)

old

new

There are only minor improvements, the dpad is more quiet and a little better and the grip feels nicer.
Also there's bluetooth, so you can use it with any bluetooth dongle.

cheers user

It's easy to tell by the area around the home button, if it's a different part then it's the old one. The new is one part with the face.

if you pick up a controller, any controller, and are unable to handle it and not think about it ever again in the first few minutes of gaming, you are mentally handicapped.

new ones always have the 3.5mm jack and the old ones don't or do I have it wrong?

Yet they couldn't make the analog stick tighter. Now you have to send it to a different company so they can do that.

I hate how the plastic around the guide button is the same color as the rest of the controller. I like how the original white controller looks best.

Too bad the position makes it unusable.

The fact that I could take the joysticks out and put them on my DS4, then use said DS4 on Xbox. With the bumpers popping out and whatnot on my Xbone controller, I figured fuckall.

Too bad the sticks are fucking trash

even dbrand skins look better on the old xbone controller.

I hear the USB that are used to charge the Xbox one controllers are easy to snap is that true?

They don't snap, but the port is definitely cheap as shit and if you use the controller wired it only take very long for the port to stop working entirely.

The xbone controllers are nice, but this is a major flaw and I won't be buying another one for my PC. They really dropped the ball with that shit

>it only take very long for the port to stop working entirely.
it doesn't take very long*