Is it too late to buy 3ds?

is it too late to buy 3ds?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSDXC-Adapter-MB-ME64GA-AM/dp/B06XX29S9Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1518980495&sr=1-3&keywords=micro sd card 64
3ds.hacks.guide/
3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot
github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=jWtMH6HDNn8
store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat750772
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All the great games that came out for it didn't disappear when the Switch game out. It has a phenomenal library and it's cheap, there's no reason not to get one unless you dislike handheld gaming

is 120€ cheap enough?

As long as it's a New 3DS model that sounds about right. Also make sure to hack it when you get it, it will make the 3DS so much more useful

3ds.guide

its new 2ds xl

3ds.guide is a website btw, check it out

I can usually find those for around $150 CAD but it's not a total rip off or anything. Though you might want to consider a N3DS, the 3d effect on it is really well done and works incredibly well for some games

I fucking hate the 3ds effect

alot of newer games dont even have 3d because the extra power can be used elsewhere, i always recommend the 2dsxl

how big SD card do I need for hacked 3ds? is 32gb enough for bunch of games or should I go for 64

Have you tried it on the New 3DS though? It's much better there. Not great for every game, but any of the Zelda games, Mario 3d Land, and Metroid all look amazing with the 3d, along with many others.

Not really. Pokemon would be the biggest example of that, plus a few other minor releases in the last year I guess, but the vast majority of games released for the 3DS incorporate it. I think for a pretty minor price difference it's worth trying for the 3D.

Go for 64 if you can afford it. It's usually only like $10 more and you'll get a lot more use out of it

64 is the best size as some games can be fairly huge like Fire emblem or EO

The bigger the better of course, though i'm managing to make do with 16gb, sure i have to keep deleting stuff a lot but it's not like i'm playing 5 games at the same time, the heaviest 3DS games you'll find like Snake Eater and Bravely Default are around 3gb

> 3D is really great.
This, I hope we will get better 3D handheld in the future.

32 is plenty unless you're a massive hoarder who won't uninstall anything. 3DS games still aren't that big with only a few exceptions like Xenoblade.

amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSDXC-Adapter-MB-ME64GA-AM/dp/B06XX29S9Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1518980495&sr=1-3&keywords=micro sd card 64

does this work? I havnt bought sd card in years and the new markings and names confuse me
like the "u3" speed class

Yes that's a good choice

That SD card will work perfectly for fighting games

There’s simply no market for it right now. Maybe it’ll catch on in about 20 years when cheap holograms become things.

The 3ds is probably the best thing to come to gaming in years, and I say this as an Xbonefag.
The 3ds is fucking perfect when you hack it

How do you hack it? I have a Pikachu 3DS XL that I'm not using.

Go here
3ds.hacks.guide/

Thanks.

Hacked mine a while ago, but now it won't update through the updater in the hacked software. WHat should I do?

Lumaupdater, you mean? I had a similar issue with my O3DS. You have to update B9S.

Yes. Lumaupdater. I'll try updating B9S

my 3ds just froze. I turned it off then back on and its just two black screens
What do?

How's your battery holding up? Post the day you bought it along with an estimate on how much you use it everysay.

>he doesnt keep it on all the time but charging when not in use
faggot

it's because you're still on al9h. the newer luma versions only run on b9s, so go switch to that.
it's a fast and easy process 3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html

If you're on the last a9lh and respective supported luma version there is zero reason to make the switch to b9s right now. Current firmware still works.

Also, mfw linking to 3ds.guide instead of hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide

luma updates are nice though. ofc the older versions still work but you don't lose anything by updating

What new feature are you taking advantage of that was added after the switch to b9s though?

Almost a year ago I bought my friend's N3DS XL with FE: Awakening for 160€, hacked it immediately, downloaded a bunch of backgrounds, downloaded a bunch of games...

In total I've probably used it for about 2,5 hours. I don't know if I should just try selling it forwards and if the hack brings the price down.

This, I haven't touched my ps4 and switch in months.
I'm actually kind of sad that nintendo probably won't release a new dual screen portable.

>if the hack brings the price down.
>down
wut

Hacked consoles usually sell for more on the second-hand market.

I'm in a dungeon crawler high and can't help but keep an eye on Strange Journey Redux's release, i'm mostly familiar with Etrian Odyssey so where does the similarity starts and ends in both games?

I usually hold off on handhelds until the price goes down, and/or CFWs are available. I didn't buy a 2DS until just a month ago. I invested $80 altogether. The charging port went on me in the first week. I didn't trip over the cord or anything, and it's not covered under warranty. But I picked up a direct battery charger, and a second battery. Now I'm never dry, but for real the battery life sucks ass (I can't imagine how bad it is on the 3DS.) Tons of games to play though. I really enjoyed Link Between Worlds.

looks like hacking new 2ds xl is fucking mess and needs either soldering,another 3ds or some special flashcart

he updated past ofw 11.3

what?

New 2ds XL comes with 11.4 since launch.

so I need to use 3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot or the soldering option for my new 2ds xl?

>N3DSXL
>On 11.6 FW
>See all these bs "source" 3ds methods
>Only have my one N3DSXL
feelsbadman.png

If you were anywhere between 9.0.0 and 11.3.0 you could use Soundhax.

but this guy said they all are 11.4 from store?

>2ds xl + flashcart
>can play NES, SNES, GBA, DS, 3DS gayms
it's the best time to get one

hacking it seems to bea headache. I need some 20dollar flashcart and a magnet lol

And he's probably right. I don't know shit about the 2DS. Why would you buy a 2DS the system was even called 3DS! Whatever. So you didn't fuck up by updating but by buying.

Amazingly the complete DS library is a meager 200 GB.

can i play DS roms on CFW now?

flashcart

other than a flashcart?

github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases

Yes, unfortunately as we know games age, and these have expired

You probably need that flashcart anyway, because you won't be able to play DS games without one.

Buy a $20 r4i gold plus card to hack.

Alternatively, buy a stargate 3ds flashcart which doesn't need a hack (works out of the box with all 3ds firmwares and versions), but won't let you play region free and won't let you play pirated eshop games nor SNES/GBA/etc emulators.

Just buy a flash card and a magnet. It's like $10 total for a shitload of advantages. Takes under an hour to do

how good magnet do I need for it?
are those shitty fridge door magnets enough?

No
Buy used and then install CFW on it
Easily worth it

Yep that's fine. I bought a 6 pack of shitty dime sized fridge magnets from dollarama and it worked perfectly. It just has to trick the 3ds into thinking that the lid is closed. You can test it out with no negative repercussions before you do anything

What you should be more careful of is which flashcart you buy

>all used 3DS' in my country are $150+
FUCK this better be worth it friends

Why does my 3DS with al9h+luma shutdown when I try to launch my DS flashcards?

mine is on 11.6 am I screwed forever unless I get some magnets and a shitty r4 cart?

I'm buying a 2ds xl tomorrow. Prob the orange and white one. Gonna buy a bunch of games, I've pirated a lot of games in the past, I don't feel bad throwing some money for the games. They're not that much anyways.

Hey don't post dumb misinformation, it's more complicated than that. The 10 dollars card usually have annoying time bomb, the one without time bomb are about 20 dollars without the sd card, a barely decent sd card means another 10 dollars. If you buy it on the usual recommended site, there are other 3 dollars just for tracking your pack and it can take more than a month to arrive. If you want your pack in an actually resonable period of time you need to add other 20 dollars to the total.

No idea where to get a flahcard from in Germany. I feel like customs is going to fuck me over no matter where I order.

Try Google, got a result on the first page. No idea how good they are though but I assume there are more shops

>time bomb
What

It just needs to be discreet is the problem. Seller can't be called r4iflashcart-pircavyshop.com or some shit like that. German customs are actually on the lookout for those carts. People have even been reported to Nintendo and gotten into legal trouble over this. Fucking Nazi country I swear.

I heard of at least one r4i model that had a timebomb. Are they known to use shady tactics like that in all their models?

Read the 3ds guide and then read my post again, I just posted some details about what is explained there, even the site and the flashcarts I'm talking about are listed and linked in that guide.

After a certain system date has passed, the cart stops working giving an error message about expired firmware. Only fix is resetting system time or running unofficial firmware that doesn't contain that crap. The date for the r4i model that I read about was some time in 2019 - which is not far away at all. Real shady shit.

It depends on the models, the cheaper ones usually have time bombs and some other shortcomings. Use the chart you find in the 3ds guide as main reference.

Yeah, I just had a look at the chart. Seems that most that do not have a timebomb also come pre-flashed with ntrboot - which is probably what makes the illegal in my country. Risky. Not sure about this. I sitting on a full DS romset too and it's kind of bugging me that I can't play them on my 3DS.

Maybe things have changed since I bought mine and they've gotten more popular for hacking, but mine was $10, came in two weeks to Canada, and definitely doesn't have a timebomb of any kind. But even if it is $20, considering that you can get free games and emulators on it, it's still a pretty low cost of admission. Plus you don't need a decent SD card for it. You can use any random one you want just for the hacking, and if you also want it for DS games 8-16GB is fine. Those are like $5

is switch going go to kill the ds lineup?

no it already on its way

N3DS/N2DS is almost nu-PSP
if only the PSX emulator was good running every type of game i'd recommend it over the PSP, maybe someday
but can't go wrong with a cfw 3DS

When you hack it it's worth every penny. My only complaint is that I wish I had more time to play it.

only if you'll get all its games for free

3ds xl still can't play those console games?

I just use the 4GB that came with the N3DSXL for my $20 flash cart. Don't know what the heck he is on about.

There is no reason to not do. Basically no game relied on online multiplayer (rip Zelda Triforce Heroes tho) and it's easily hackable, so you can get anything for free plus emulators.

Monster hunter.

Last time I checked pirated monhun worked just fine online

It's too early, and too late.
Wait a year or so for it to get hacked without being bricked a week later. Then people will start making great emulators, and ways to pirate games.

Does 64 work on a hacked 3DS or something? Because I read that they only accept up to 32. Or was that Nintendo lying to me?

What did he mean by this?

>there is zero reason to make the switch to b9s right now
The ability to take screenshots at any time in any game.

I can do it with NTR CFW Selector

It accepts more than 32, but you need to format it in FAT32.

Are you on drugs.

That's nice. I can do it with a button combo without having to launch NTR first.

I could see that being useful to some. O don't need it however.

>everyone says that hacking the 3DS is the easiest thing in the world
>finally convinced, I start reading the guide
>having 11.6.0 requires you to buy some shitty eshop games compatible with the hack, have another 3DS already hacked with firmware, and make sure your SD card is compatible (and if it isn't you have to reformat it)
>lmao it's ez
Why did you fucking lie to me, Cred Forums?

I used to think like that too, but almost instant boot and patches changed my time.

Why did you update your system?

Stop being retarded. All you need is a $10 flashcard and a magnet.

Does the 3DS need to be hacked for that? And would it go as high as 128gb?
Not hacking my ds, but the 32gb card I ordered from amazon arrived as a much larger card.

You will have to use an emulator to satisfy your stereoscopic needs.

Format it to Fat32 with GUIFormat and paste everything that was inside the SD you are replacing.

Just wait till they find an easier way to do it on your systems firmware, also turn updates off

No, it doesn't need to be hacked, but I heard the 128GB card may slow things down due to 3DS's hardware limitation.

If the leak is true it's actually too soon, that shit is going down to $80 next week. If the leak is false (most likely) it's too late to buy a system without getting jewed, this shit isn't worth more than $100 which sadly set sail a long time ago. may as well try Citra on your system and see if it works before paying for the agony of 240p garbage. Never too late to enjoy the games.

Never ever.

It's already easy as easy gets. He's just not reading shit properly.

>It's already easy as easy gets. He's just not reading shit properly.
>not wanting to waste time hacking another 3DS, buying fucking magnets and reformating an SD card equals not reading shit properly
OK

>It's already easy as easy gets.
Have you tried hacking a PSP? I've met a few people that refuses to hack the 3DS unless it gets as easy as PSP

kys

Retards don't deserve nice things anyway

Of course they do

You have no idea how easy it is.

It only boots up slower after being turned off with a 128gb card, takes 4 seconds usually. Game startup takes half a second more but games themselves work as fast as with 16/32/64 cards

I hacked 2 3DSes, i know how easy it is
But as easy as it is it's still a process with a bunch of steps that takes nearly an hour, that can intimidate anyone regardless of your assurance, said 2nd 3DS i hacked was for a friend 'cause the guy was scared shitless of doing it on his own
Compared to the PSP where it's literally pasting a file and running it on the handheld it's not nearly "as easy as it gets"
I won't say that the dudes coming up with these hacks should work on making it as braindead as possible, but that's how shit rolls

How in the fuck do you not have a DS lying around? Seriously, the system was out for so long and has such an incredible library I find it impossible to imagine anyone who can legally post on this website that's interested in 3DS hacking that doesn't own a DS.

Hacks should be harder so that morons are afraid and keep buying dem gayums so I can pirate in peace and the manufacturer won't cut support early

T. Hardmodded circa 12 3ds for myself, relatives and some friends

>so I can pirate in peace
Nah i think you would just get more irritated by the people who can't figure out how to hack

oh shit we got a leet hacker in the vicinity

>Compared to the PSP where it's literally pasting a file and running it on the handheld it's not nearly "as easy as it gets"
Yes it is. Most steps are about backing up and installing shit you would download anyway. It tons of steps because it explains every little thing so even a braindead retard will not manage to fuck everything up.

Citra might be worth using before 2020 but somehow I doubt it.

Dumbass.
youtube.com/watch?v=jWtMH6HDNn8

what would be the ideal 3ds to buy? any good bundle to hack out of the box?

autism

Anytime new ones came out I always got rid of the old ones. I've owned Original DS, DS Lite, and Original 3DS before.

Question

Is it true that you need a magnet to pirate 3ds?

I've been out of the loop for a long ass time, but does the OOT exploit still work? I might hack my system tonight since I have a copy lying around.

Depends on what you want.

>Don't care about 3D but want a clamshell design?
N2DS XL

>Don't care about 3D and/or are a poorfag?
2DS

>Not interested in SNES VC or a second analog?
O3DS or O3DS XL

>Want faceplates?
N3DS

>Don't care about faceplates but want 3D and a second analog?
N3DS XL

That's an entertaining video, but what's your point? Next you'll show me a Breath of The Wild speedrun to prove that the game is only 40 minutes long?

I don't care much about the model, just which one would be the easiest to hack out of the box, or are they all come updated already?

Yes. Nintendo put a "safe mode" that's only activated by turning the system on with a magnet near the face buttons. It's pretty funny actually, since hackers could have discovered this before and saved us from the hell that was installing a cfw back then

No.

That shit stopped working a long time ago, but what firmware are you on?

They all can be hacked with a compatible flashcard and a magnet.

How long does the hacking take?

Depends on how long it takes you to follow simple instructions.

>still haven’t hacked my 3DS

Oh well

It took me 10 minutes not counting the time I have to wait to do the NAND backup and something else. Total time was around 40. This is with Soundhax which only works with

My point is the guide is just long and boring because it assumes you are a baby and spoon feeds you explaining everything you need to know about how the whole hacking thing works so you can update and install everything without bothering anyone afterwards. And yes, it is easy as it gets because the 3DS is not insecure as the PSP, so you can't just run a file off the SD and call it a day.

30 minutes to an hour, depends on how familiar you are with computers.

Anyone here ever buy a refurbished system? I'm considering buying a N3DS XL refurbished from nintendo, and they're 160 bucks. Brand new they're like $240. I was thinking of buying a N2DS XL since they're only $199 brand new from the store and I don't really care about 3D. But there's some minor things (like the speaker placement and other things) I don't really like about the 2DS.

I'm not seeing anything in the guide about the magnet/flash card method, unless I'm being totally retarded. Is there a guide for that method? I'm running 11.6 so I don't have many options.

Nevermind, think I found it.

Too late for what? If you wanted to shitpost alone with whatever release hype there was for the games, obviously since the system is in its twilight years. If you're looking to vulture the used market for gems with relatively new hardware, now is the perfect time.

Alternatively - tell me how to spend money Cred Forums

what does your breath smell like

>Anyone here ever buy a refurbished system?
I did. Mine looked brand new out of the box.

I brush my teeth twice a day and also use mouthwash, so probably pretty fine. Why don't you ask the person who can't figure out how to spend his money instead? He's probably the kind of person to have oral hygiene issues.

I've bought a refurbished PS4 if that helps? Had to get a replacement because the first one had some faults but if you have some kind of warranty then go for it.

>I brush my teeth twice a day and also use mouthwash
i didnt ask you how you take care of yourself
>so probably pretty fine
please elaborate im interested
>Why don't you ask the person who can't figure out how to spend his money instead?
ok
what does your breath smell like?

Well I can't really smell my own breath but nobodies ever complained about it and I've kissed girls before, so I'm guessing it probably doesn't smell bad.

lay a spoon on your tongue and smell it after please

Is never too late to get the best handheld at the moment.

The little console have a very solid game library and can be hacked.

Does it work fine?

I had a pack of cheese and onion crisps about 20 minutes ago so it would be an unfair test.

Yeah, no problems. Here's a link. I bought the Black New 3DS XL.
store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat750772

seems like it smells good, thanks!