ITT: Criminally underrated games

ITT: Criminally underrated games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c
startopia.wikia.com/wiki/Karmarama
youtube.com/watch?v=eIpVWTZYWr8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If anything it's criminally overrated

>tfw arkane is owned by bethesda now and we will never see anything as good as dark messiah ever again

You mean arx fatalis?

I just want a FPS non-shooter action game as fun as this again

>first person shooter, non shooter

So just first-person.

It's a pretty shitty game. Good "atmosphere," though.

first person slasher

you know it Am Shagar

This. The game is painfully mediocre.

Yeah, Xana's "atmosphere" was pretty great.

>well never see this combat in a proper open world rpg.

>can go stealth, melee or magic
>they're all viable and fun
why is this so rare

Evil Islands
How many tactical stealth RPGs are there out there?

>Literally every other game they've released is better

fpbp

Just playing it again.
The combat on harder modes is plain silly, but oh, I love it.
10/10 dungeons, 10/10 combat system
Bosses were ok until they became damage sponges and thus becoming near impossible for a full might 2 hander to beat the game.

>anything people like is bad
>especially if Cred Forums used to like it
current Cred Forums is boring as shit

I fucking loved this game as a kid, even tho I was shit.

Might emulate it sometime

all of their later games have had dumbed down combat.

>Dark Messiah 2 would be awesome. That quality was just great.

Never thought I'd be calling Fallout 3 underrated but at this point I'd agree (though you're probably just baiting)

dishonored pukes cum and prey only gets a pass for being the first systemshock clone in like 2 decades. they peaked with arx fatalis

and its one dolla fitty on steam right now

My biggest beef with Dark Messiah is how shit the demon form is. It's a plain downgrade to regular melee.

Dark Messiah is one of the times I regret picking the hardest difficulty, even though I ended up completing the game with it.
The ghouls two-shot you out of max upgraded HP, three-shot if you have the max HP and the late-game armor that adds a tiny bit more. And they come in fucking groups towards the end.

I think the part of the combat where strike is based on movement fucking sucks, it's awkward to use and just fucking stupid

The Mountainblade thing of it being based on mouse movement is far superior

>It's a plain downgrade to regular melee.
The charge attack does a fuckton of damage and you get life drain without having to use that one sword.

its ok

>You are supposed to be an almighty demonlord
>Running away from simple ghouls
>Simple ghouls who are skinny manlets in a BDSM outfit
>Simple ghouls who were literally defeated before by simple town guards
>MFW full might
This SHIT makes me mad.

Not a perfect game, but combat mechanics are really cool. That's the main strength of the game, even though stealth and archery suck. Not all encounters are fun or even fair (especially on higher difficulties that are simply not balanced well), some enemies are cheap (the gollum-like one is overpowered for the size), their animations are not perfect (sometimes impossible to predict when to block), BUT. Fighting with your sword is extremely satisfying, you can kick, you can set fun traps (like the ice one that makes anybody who steps on it slide and fall), and much more. Character progression that consists of getting level up points and new equipment do not let it go stale. Level design is simple, but enjoyable. You can find some secrets, exporation is interesting. Plot is generic, but does its directional job. The game still looks good, and even though it's far from perfect, if you value quality gameplay over anything else in video games it will entertain you for a long time. I still come back to it more than once a year since the demo was released.

>Criminally underrated River dancing
T,FTFY

Oh hey, it's rpg zeno clash

Just finished this game again today.
its so much fun. And you cant even buy it on steam

Poster boy for this thread.
The best, yet unknown, puzzle game. The marketing is practically nil so it isn't surprising, but the series has a cult following.

>liking anything past III

The fact that people tend to dismiss anything past 3 is probably why user thinks it's underrated

this looks really interesting. Is it any good?

if only the turns went by faster

Loved heroes V, i think VII is also way underrated.

this game is overrated as fuck, and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people that like it haven't even finished it cause it gets boring after a few hours

exactly, I also love Heroes 3, but Heroes V with all the expansion is as good and complete as 3 with cool graphics and art style and people still hate.

This game is from 2006. Its 3d, yet you cant fucking zoom. Not to mention AI is cheating so bad in skirmish, and campaign is shite. Would pay for sequel tho.

Kek. This is how you do source engine right

blood seraphs are where it's at

youtube.com/watch?v=KnxgQMSsc8c

Needs the sound desu

Story and level design-wise it's nothing special, but damn, the mechanics are pure fun even in 2018. Killing orcs with thrown shovels and barrels is a viable strategy, don't see that in many games

does it always send them ragdolling that far? seems like it would invalidate the combat completely if you can do that over and over

Hellraid any day now

>vermintide copy

Looks good tho. Is it UE4?

That's one of my main complaints of this game, kicking is OP as fuck, but it only hyperkicks when there's a death trap behind them

>Hellraid
Ill never stop being mad about this being canned

you're favorite game

It's Techlands own engine, Chrome engine

One of my favorite games

People who shit on the RNG completely miss the meaning of the game.

I don't think its canned, its just getting a bigger budget and scope. Hellraid was supposed to be a linear download only dungeon crawler but techland are hiring people for a AAA open world RPG game

It's not canned, just put on hold until they get tired of supporting Dying Light.

Mark of the Ninja deserves to be called the best Klei game and one of the best stealth games ever made, but this one is great too

This and Startopia too. Great base management games with good humour.
Also the latter game has hippy black stoners for all your racist needs

>Also the latter game has hippy black stoners for all your racist needs
What did he mean by this?

startopia.wikia.com/wiki/Karmarama
Those.
Literally da rasta mahn

Have this game in my library and never played it. Probably never will because I don't play whatever genre this is

>racist

added to my cart

Hopefully it's more polished like Dying Light, and less like Dead Island.
Dead Islands movement controls and melee feel clunky and slow as fuck compared to Dying Light.

such a sick game

using hero's arm and dualwielding 2 great weapons, powerful

>If anything it's criminally overrated
I'm with you, user. It's a buggy unfinished mess. The second-half of the game is atrocious. Arkane gonna deliver mediocrity.

No, he posted it in the "underrated games" thread because it sucks.

Hopefully weapons wont break after 20 hits

Mah nigga. Evil Genius was the shit

Beat me too it, Cred Forums only praises this game because muh kicking and ignores the fact the combat system is built around a mediocre game itself.

Dark Messiah as rogue is the best stealth game ever existing prove me wrong.

I've been itching to sling with the best of them is it good?

youtube.com/watch?v=eIpVWTZYWr8

I wish. Nothing came close to the weird setting of ZC, not even ZC 2.

But you cant.
There's just not enough spells and mana regeneration is shit early on.

Spell tree in general just sucks.
The game manages to be a simpler Skyrim.

Fuck it, it's on sale I bought it.

The game is great, but truly shines in arcade mode. Which will be easier for you to play after story mode

Underrated RTS game.