Honestly how is this game?

Honestly how is this game?
I don't care about the Cred Forums stuff around it, i'm just looking for a fun game I can throw a couple hundred hours into and then maybe play it off and on again for the next few years.

For the record i'm a fan of the elder scroll games and I don't really mind the no magic thing as long as theres more to do than just fight the same bandit over and over

bad game, bad combats, boring story, and non existence RPG elements.

nice graphics
bland story
boring combat
unbalanced in general

try it and judge it for yourself? this is Cred Forums, you'll get paid, autistic and otherwise polarizing opinions and it will make the thread pointless

>try it and judge it for yourself?
Don't want to bother pirating it and i'm not going to buy it unless I know its good

Masterpiece

My favorite game since fallout 2

Its soooooo comfy

It’s based and for pedes who are sick of our games being filled with nonwhites!

It's a great game, there is no Cred Forums stuff around it besides falseflags. You can easily put many hours into the game.
retards

boring, if you are a person who thinks skyrim is a 6-7/10 game but you can still enjoy it somehow, imagine it without magic and monsters and there you go

>I don't care about the Cred Forums stuff around it,

What Cred Forums stuff? Some actual fucking racist idiots who hate white people were raging because there were no black characters in the game, guess what, it's historically accurate so of course there are no black characters

people play it for the hilarious glitches. When those are fixed, it won't be worth playing it anymore.

he is right you know, especially with the pol shit surrounding this

just watch some gameplay, read some not shit reviews and steam user reviews

I think I'm stuck at the beginning of the game.
I'm supposed to escape the castle, but I have no lockpicks because I ddin't do the dung throwing and the vendor doesn't show up in town.
Should I wait a specific time for him to show up or what?

>love historical fiction
>dont mind non-fantasy games
>enjoy slow paced games
>love mount and blade
Should i get this game? Im thinking about it, 50$ is pretty steep though.

I heard it's bug riddled.

boring combat how?
There are bandits, knights, also they have different skill and armor quality as you go through the game. The game also has side quests including drugs, finding run away horses, stealing, murdering etc.

similar situation here, think ima wait for a sale somewhere down the line, by then they'd have patched it and there will be more mods

If you want something immersive and that looks great while trying to be as historically accurate and realistic as possible, you will enjoy it.

Just be warned, the story and writing for this game after a certain point just turns into shit. Your choices rarely have any consequences and as far as I know there is only one static ending to the whole game that doesn't even resolve most of the shit going on, probably to lead into another bug infested sequel.

Yeh. Just go into it with a blank slate when it comes to combat (or choose 2 agility is starting bonus) or you'll be whining about it.

bretty gud 10/10

there was actually a black pope, metaphorically speaking

I don't understand what you're asking

if you wanna escape the milf castle just jump down from the drawbridge and make sure the guards don't see you

if you're talking about escaping from the starter village, why would you need lockpicks?

>doesn't even resolve most of the shit going on

Just pick up a history book bro

you can just jump off the bridge, you'll get no horse tho, unless you can manage to jump off the bridge with the horse somehow. It doesn't matter anyway, you don't need the horse, after walking for a bit in the direction you're supposed to, a cutscene will start and you'll be teleported there

Yeah the first one.
I'll jump then, thanks.

You can just get a history book or check wikipedia to see what happens

Tell the milf you need to leave, she will give you 25 groschen.
The merchant has a lockpick for 17 groschen.
With that you can pick the chest to steal armor and pretend to not be Henry so the guard lets you out.
That's how I did it.

I’m loving it so far but what’s the deal with optimization? I barely scratch 60fps

Specs
1080 gpu
I5 90k
8gigs of ram
Running it off an ssd designed for cloud enterprise, it’s insane read and write speed.

Game has to be on mid to high for me to get 50-60 fps...

That or just get imprisoned.
Because when i got imprisoned, the game put me out of the castle instead of putting me in jail.
Then i died of fall damage when i dismounted from my horse
The game has hilarious bugs, but it's all worth it so far

For me, I just ended up getting caught lockpicking the chest (on accident), and they threw me right out of the castle. The gate was locked and I couldn't get in again.
Quest updates even proc'ed and said I made it out of the castle.

>tfw computer keeps toasting out when playing it

I think my RAM is dying. Keeps freezing up every few minutes then returns to normal. This only seems to happen with open world games which I imagine are RAM intensive.

>With that you can pick the chest to steal armor

Literally impossible, the lockpicking doesn't work in this game

Most likely Cpu user

> the lockpicking doesn't work in this game
if you're a retard, or playing on a console. Which is the same, I guess.

or playing on the pc with a controller

I just wish I could have a beard or at least change hairstyles because the main character look fucking retarded.

>Honestly how is this game?
it's still a $60 easrly access/paid beta. not lying, it really is.
> I can throw a couple hundred hours into
if you enjoy bugtesting, fixing it with third party mods, then this game is for you.

it's worth a pirate

The game feels extremely unfinished, I'm really curious to see what the DLC's do because this isn't a game you can play through more than once, so it has to be crusades or other shit.

Also are we expecting a content update any time? No skills for archers, pole arms, no crossbows, and no advanced melee techniques kind of hurts. Feels too min max at the moment and there's such a small amount of items in the game I had the best stuff before the first bandit camp attack

+
Setting is fun
Combat is good
You can catch your own arrows

-
There is an unwinnable fight against an immortal early in the game

Well the combat for the most part works like in skyrim but with extra attack directions and fancier animations. So it's not really all that challenging.
The problem is that there are many ways to win fights way too easy. For example spamming the stabbing attack is a surefire way to win against any enemy no matter how strong.
Then you can learn special attacks, which are just way op.
Also you can block and riposte attacks. However blocking is very easy since you don't have to aim for the right direction like in mount&blade. Also riposte timing is ridiculously easy to pull off since the game will go into slow motion when you are about to be hit, leaving you a huge amount of time to block or riposte.
Then obviously most enemies are just other humans, so there is very little variety in fights.
Further the game features a learning by doing system, which is all nice and stuff but it lets you become way too strong way too fast. After about playing for less than 10 hours I started onehitting even enemies in full plate armor.
The same goes for finding equipment. I played for about 4 hours or so but already had over 10k of the ingame currency and a full set of full plate endgame armour, which made me immune to most enemies in the game.
Finally the game is supposed to be realistic, so actual action and fights are kind of rare compared to other activities in the game.

All in all the combat hardly requires any timing or thought unless you go fight full plate wearing enemies while you are still walking around in peasant stuff.

It's a nice game if you want to walk through a medieval world, but in terms of combat and challenge the game is a 0. Even Skyrim or Witcher did a better job a balancing things.

Choke out a guard and take his armour.

I'm not talking about the lore you morons. Nothing about Henry's main storyline gets resolved. The ending literally just leads to a sequel or more DLC or some shit.

If you got this for the story, expect disappointment.

Don't forget dodging and feints are rng based leading to clunky, not heavy, feeling.

>wake up after night of partying with priest
>Henry has stubble

no way they made that just for that one scene. I bet they intended for beard growth to be in the game but removed it for some reason

>most enemies are just other humans

most?

>you can see arrows bounce off your milanese cuirass
Fucking amazing.

Just what kind of game is this?
I'm getting TES and Witcher vibes from it.

So is this game like a linear story driven thing, or is it like elder scrolls where you can just fuck about and go to any town, do the other questlines, make your own story and disregard the main quest? I can't figure this out from the footage I've seen.

there are some animals who can't attack you and one Immortal

It's open world but you should follow the main quest at least until you get a horse

Realism is extremely bad in this type of games imo, they could have at least make the main character schizophrenic or or something so we had some other enemies than humans to fight once in a while and still maintain the historically accurate setting

Some are Germans

TES and Witcher with only human enemies because it's set in a realistic and historically accurate 15th century setting. If it sounds boring to you it will probably be boring to play

Well it's either follow the main quest line only and get frustrated in missions with larger battles or go exploring for yourself and become way too strong and well equipped for the most quests.

You can fuck around and do whatever you want, yes

Is there a level cap?

Is this game, may i say, the morrowind of realistic openworlds?

sure

Could be that too. Eh regardless I have to replace it anyway, it's old and I have to make the switch to DDR4 RAM.

day 0 backer. Worth buying as they are pushing patches on steam almost every single day since launch. Looks stunning at maxed out graphics. If you like the TV series vikings you'll love the style.

the game in general is actually better with a controller, and you can just change to keyboard and mouse for the lockpicking

literally look on twitch and see for yourself

If it's cpu you might try setting high priority in processes in task menager. I did it and game became playable.

It looks and plays like Oblivion actually. A little bit more immersive and a little bit more buggy.

It doesn't at all you fucking idiot.

All the big streamers who played it on day one either stopped playing it completely or just play it for only one hour and change to another game after.

If that doesn't say a lot a about this game, I don't know what does

>day 0 backer

Do you think they used your money to intentionally fill the game with bugs and glitches to appeal to the huge Skyrim audience?

Oh look, this thread is full of nu/v/ fags shitting on the game parroting the same thing while showing they have no idea what they're talking about because hating games is ebic! The game is really enjoyable if you don't have ADHD and actually try to learn how to play properly

Never buy games made by Wh*Toids

It's Oblivion with a weird combat system and better quests.

Why so mad shill?

Literally the best game ever made because it has no niggers.

get into a fist fight wearing plate against a shit covered, rag wearing peasant
>pay 2k to repair
Amazing alright

That never happened

>i5
That's where you fucked up, my friend.

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Probably won't do much since my computer is getting old but no harm in trying.

Think something like Stalker 1.0 or New Vegas. Game is good, but better wait for more patches.

A game that seems like it would be really great if it wasn't for the game breaking bugs and shitty performance.

> (OP)
>bad game, bad combats, boring story, and non existence RPG elements.
Literally the opposite of all that. You'll enjoy it if you understand you suck when it starts.

how to spot someone who hasn't played the game, or if she did, can't afford good armor nor repair it.

Bad optimisation that needs patching it's like the game is in alpha.

I pre-ordered on a discount and would have been happy paying full price. It's good brother. It feels like classic.

It's either 0/10 or 10/10, depending on whether you're butthurt about the developer's refusal to have one of the few hypothetical non-white persons existing in 15th century Bohemia featured prominently in his game.

Professional reviews score are 6-10

boring as fuck, expect to burn two or three hours just getting through the beginning.

Inventory management is a complete pain, without a horse (you won't have a horse for the first while you're playing it), you can barely carry the basic gear - armor, sword, shield, bow. you start off with like 70 lbs to carry, and the bare minimum I could get down to was like 58 so have fun only being able to carry 12 lbs of loot.

Combat is a complete clumsy shitty abortion.

The story is halfway decent though. The writing is good but the execution is shitty - cinematics are underwhelming, with poor camera angles & shitty timing of dialogue/music etc. Just expect the same drivel you'll see in other games, loading screens when the camera changes and it's supposed to be one dramatic scene, camera angles shitty, dialogue and music not syncing up (when you can hear the tone of the music change when the sound for someone's dramatic line begins, as in pleasant music -> dramatic as the character starts to say the first word in a line with some dramatic twist)

desu this game is just poor. another meh-tier cRpg that only got popular because the "studio founder" went on twitter and bashed some SJWs. I've browsed Cred Forums for years and I still find this to be gay as fuck.

ok who did this?

Magnificent.

9.5/10 in my opinion. VERY immersive, walking through the forest feel like you are there - if you played ARMA 2 or 3 you know what im talking about. Very realistic economic aspect, at the start i barely had money for food, stealing was challenging. It feels really like a medieval simulator than RPG, but really - the world is comfy as fuck.
Combat is good, very realistic - but you will suck at it, just as henry sucks because he is simple blacksmith and not a knight. As henry learn to fight, you learn too - you learn the combat.
You also have dice, alchemy minigame - very realistic, pickpocketing is neat - you play a minigame where you put a hand into the pocket, checks for goods, take the goods, and you have to take the hand out of pocket.
Bugs are there, but nothing catastrophic - i was playing unpatched version for 8 hours and it was good, now i have patched it and its very well. Just usual janky shit like in every sandbox game.
There is also educational aspect - Codex, where you learn of many aspects of medieval life.
Next patch comes out in 10 days. I think when this game will be more patched and modded, this will be the best thing ever.

Spoiler that shit you retarded faggot

This has perhaps the worst combat I've ever seen in a first person melee game. Your character is garbage and holds you back from winning fights at low levels and at high levels you just wait forever for an enemy to strike so you can masterstroke him. There's almost no skill involved in winning fights, just gear and stats. It's slow as all fuck and doesn't feel responsive because they decided to make enemies capable of randomly activating unblockable masterstrokes and combos. It doesn't make any fucking sense. Why make a first person melee game that relies so intensely on RNG and character stats? It's like they looked at the philosophy behind morrowind combat and thought it was the greatest shit ever.

The critic reviews on Metacritic for this game do include a 40 and a 50.

Besides, I wasn't drawing the distribution of review scores for every game. I was drawing the distribution of review scores for all games combined. Review scores you see on Metacritic tend to be high when you're looking at games you might want to play, because the games that get sub-6/10 scores are so bad that you haven't heard of them or don't care enough about them to look up the review scores in the first place. If a game is notable enough to be discussed on Cred Forums, it usually doesn't deserve anything less than a 6/10.

But the user scores for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, predictably, have more 0s than 5s, because users rate games with the goal of affecting the average rather giving it what they think it deserves, e.g., if a game averages 9/10, someone who thinks it deserves 6/10 will vote 0/10 to get the average closer to 6/10.

It was pretty much obvious since the scene when Radzig first appears.

Not being able to quicksave and quickload the game at will really kills the game for me. You can't save in real life so it's not like it has to be "realistic". And cutscenes to pick up herbs? Why?

Wait a few months for it to smooth out bugs and performance.

Just don't be yourself and git gud.

>he thinks those 0s are for some poltiical bullshit

No you faggot shill, it's because the game is a buggy broken piece of shit.

>complete an entire quest and return to the quest giver
>have to sit there and restart dialog 5 times because the devs never wrote dialog for additional completion routes

How can anyone call this bullshit immersive?

wait for interesting mods.

Or go to the armory, steal armor and leave the castle pretending you are a guard.

> On quest to track down some fool but he's already left this world when I get there
>Find out he spoke to a priest
>Visit priest, he is some kind of warrior monk samurai swinging a sword around...hmm
>WTF you principled cunt can't tell me because of your vows and can't even train swordsmanship.
>Wants me to meet him at the inn to talk more shit
>Fine quest dialogue quest dialogue..still won't help me...but hey bro wanna stay here and drink.
>Sure why not
>Get Drunk Party Hard
>All of a sudden balif comes in and says party is over bitches, it's past curfew.
>Priest tell him to suck a dick and fuck off
>Woah priest wtf m8
>Priest starts a brawl with the constable, you got my back right bro?
>oh for fucks sake...let's do this
>knock all those fuckers out
>somehow end up at church with priest and 2 wench sluts
>priest takes up and tells whores you can ring the bell of the church at 3am in the morning
>Priest starts puking out the window
>next think I know priest is fucking the bejusus of one his wench cunts and then the other one straddles on top of me and starts riding.
>WTF
>wake up naked in some field but only stay awake for a minute
>wake up back in inn
>Bar Girl comes in and says wake the fuck up faggots
>Priest is like oh shit oh shit..I gotta give a sermon bro..you do it.

I did not see that coming...a god damn Rick and Morty adventure in my Turkey Leg times. A total deconstruction of the holier than thou SJWs that act like the saviors of the world and really are degenerates.

I just did this quest.

Jesus Christ be praised, this game is great

i like that scene where they are standing in the field and the priest is talking some shit and vomits and henry is just spaced out

GOOBED

>MAAAAAAAAAAA

>Can't quicksave every 2 seconds before you break into someones house and steal their shit

I can hear their screams

It's okay. Get it on a 25% off or more sale.

Pros:
>open world that actually feels pretty open
>people going about their business and will ditch you if you don't keep up
>realistic story, it feels like you're really "just some guy" in the world working his way up

Cons
>the realistic story is generic
>canned animations
>fighting mechanics are kind of janky
>fuckhueg day 1 patches
>devs made it in cryengine so it would look pretty, but by the time it was finished it was outdated and now it looks like a game that would have been really pretty five years ago or so
>cryengine also leads to fuckhueg patches and means it will also have fuckhueg patches
>the "realistic fighting" means that once you get a certain set of armor part-way through the game (depending on how fast you play) you're basically set for the rest of the game
>combat becomes really easy
>the "realistic fighting" doesn't extend to archery, one of the key components of combat in that era, it's skyrim-levels of slow and tedious
>counter-point: there are mods trying to fix that

It's not bad, it's just that the parts that it was advertised as being really good at are just okay, but it does give you that really nice open world feeling.

>SMACK MY BITCH UP: medieval edition

wait for it to get patched, it's a good eurojank game but like all eurojank it's buggy as shit