3D Platformers

Let's have a thread dedicated to appreciating 3D Platformers.

Post your favorite or least favorite 3D Platformers.

>good
Spyro
Crash
Mario 64
Ape Escape

>bad
Jak and Daxter
Gex
Croc
Sonic

Bad opinions are bad

I want Ape Escape 4

Hat in time reminded me how much I liked collectathons in open worlds but didn’t take 30 minutes to get from one end of the map to the other. It sucks that open-worlds replaced 3d platformers. Hat in time was definitely not the most fun 3d platformer I’ve played though

My personal top 5:

5.Crash Bandicoot Warped
4.Rayman 2
3. DK 64
2. Banjo Kazooie
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Croc is actually bad, though.

Some of my favorites:
Mario Galaxy 2, 3D World
Sonic Colors, Generations, Lost World Wii U
Rayman 2 Revolution
Ape Escape 3
Banjo-Kazooie
Jak 1
Ratchet 2
Crash Bandicoot 2 & 3
Spyro Trilogy

Some OK ones:
Pac-Man World 1 & 2
Jumping Flash!
Sonic Adventure, Heroes
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Voodoo Vince
Battle for Bikini Bottom

I do, too, user, I do, too.

To this day Super Mario Galaxy 1.
Man what a blast i had with this game on Wii.

Been playing through Spyro 3 and Sonic Adventure recently during my free time

I liked the first ratchet and clank

Glover

>Donkey Kong 64 above Banjo and Mario Odyssey
Don't get me wrong, it's a good game. But why?

He put Odyssey first.

Opinions on Sly?

lel, i just saw the order. My bad.

how is jak bad you nigger

>3d platformer
>double jump is a flip

why is this a thing?

Tfw wanna stream Ape Escape 1 for memes but nobody watches random ps1 games only big streamers who want sheks

Ratchet 1 is the best ratchet and clank game

He has an idle for being near a ledge? Cool.

got a link?

>crash in good with jak in bad when jak is crash but better

It looks nice

Does Gravity Rush count as 3D Platforming?

Been playing Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and it's alright, though some of the worlds are too fucking big so finding all the Cogs or Opals can be a pain in the ass sometimes

twitch tv / glivgluv

nice

I love SM64, it's my personal goat.
Odyssey was really good, but most levels were lacking in design and I really wish it had a hub.
I enjoy Banjo Kazooie, but I never finished it, I never got past the Rusty Bucket Bay. I can't stand the slow movement and the huge amount of gritty levels and mini games
I'm hype for the rumored Spyro remake, I only played a bit of the 3rd game, but I remember enjoying it quite a lot.
Space Station Silicon Valley is underrated as fuck and a great game
Toy Story 2 was fun

Best licensed 3d platformer?

where's ape escape?

My personal favorite.

Loved this game. Has anyone tried the 3DS port?

>Ty
>BFBB
>Pac-Man World
>just OK

You deserve to have your skin peeled and your skull bashed open.

this is single handedly the worse opinion i've ever seen on this site

Best challenging ones?
I basically want a game like Super Meat Boy, but in 3D, with a complex moveset. Think purely those obstacle course levels from Mario games, but requires skill.

Favorite's probably Banjo Kazooie or Mario Galaxy 2. I really loved Hat in Time but boy did it feel unfinished.

Celeste is pretty much Meat Boy with a dash and grab.

Any good ones for the ds or 3ds?

Oh, you wanted 3D. Disregard me, I clearly can't read.

A Hat in Time is a lot of fun, There seems to be some cut content on one of the stages but overall it was quite enjoyable. The boss fights are amazing tho

Hat in time had a few problems, but it did bosses the best I've seen in a 3D platforming

I pray the fucking Spyro remaster rumors are true. I would absolutely preorder the fuck out of it

One and Two were my favourites of the series even though they were totally different. My only complaint is that they're overly geared towards kids with the over-narration/instruction at the beginning of each mission. Makes replays as an adult feel sluggish with too much stop and go. I'd love a remake a la nu-Ratchet though

I agree. Level design was definitely a highlight of the series and it was split perfectly between combat and platforming. Only problem was the camera kinda sucked

DK64 was awesome and your shitposting will never change that

Take your dead genre to your containment board.

WE WUZ CINEMATIC GAMEZ N' SHIET!!!

Jak looks like one of those games edgy kids like, you know, the ones that think they are cool but actually no one likes them.

Mario(all of them, even 3D World)
Crash(1,2 and 3, the rest are shit)
Spyro
Toy Story 2
PacMan World
Rayman 2

Don't remember anymore so they must be shit.

ill do it in the week. didnt say I was doing it now

>forces you to switch Kongs just to collect bananas/golden bananas/activate switches/other stuff
>two bullshit races against a fucking cheating bettle
>Beaver Bother
>two jetpack minigames. Said jetpack controls like shit
>that fucking slot machine minigame with a time limit
>the ice maze that kills you in 3 hits if you touch the walls
>forces you to play Donkey Kong twice to get an item that's required to beat the game
>that fucking race with the rabbit
>Beaver Bother
>the robot fish in Gloomy Galleon
>Beaver Bother
>Beaver Bother
>Beaver Bother

Yeah no

humm, I didn't know that n64 and ps1 were already considered "retro"

It's edgier to say that it was a bad game, which it wasn't.
You know, like the ones who think they are cool because they only like games from 1999 or earlier or weeb shit. But in reality, noone cares.

My favorites were:

Spyro: year of the dragon
Ratchet: Up your arsenal (I liked all of them but I spent the most time on #3 upgrading guns)
Jak 2 (I liked all 3, but I spent the most time on jak 2)
Sly cooper 2: Thought this one had the best levels/ story
Crash Wrath of Cortex: Most memorable for me out of all of them. I thought the elementals were neat and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Should be trying to revive it. People wonder why games aren't fun anymore...

>Beaver Bother

It's only a problem because most people don't understand your supposed to round them up in a circle, not behind them

I didn't want anyone going "you like THOSE ONES???". PMW 1 and BFBB are pretty good, but Ty really is just ok. I like the Australian setting, though. Was Ty 3 any good?

Battle for Bikini Bottom.

The beavers can clip through walls sometimes, making this minigame a chore to complete, especially with the time limit

Got an Xbox copy of Sonic Heroes last week for $3, been playing that on 360. Game is just as good as I remember it, already did 3 of the stories.

I meant to reply to the first one...

Yo! noid 2

>That fucking race with the rabbit

That shit was unforgiveable
Even with Lanky's SANIC speed you had to complete the race in Pixel Perfect Position

I never said it was bad, actually I've never played it or watched a single second of gameplay of it, I don't play games that have AWFUL artstyle.

Not a huge fan of 3D platformers.
The only ones I really like are Super Mario 3D Land and World, because I think they did a much better job of translating real platforming gameplay into 3D than any others I've played.
Are there any others similar to 3D Land/World that you could recommend me?

Super Luckys Tale is recent and is pretty much the exact same as those, just with a fox instead of mawio