Elite Dangerous is so comfy. Finding a great station to do some space trucking...

Elite Dangerous is so comfy. Finding a great station to do some space trucking, coupled with the atmospheric music and hum of a powerful engine is mind tingling.

What comfy games are you playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm deeply upset at the newsletter talking about how they're going to make bounties and crime so much harsher. Being a space pirate already pays fucking peanuts compared to being legit, and now the punishments are going to be so much harsher. I just don't understand.

I do understand, it's the space dads,
but still. I don't like it.

Elite Dangerous isn't really Euro Truck Sim in space, right? That's expecting too much of it, right?

Imagine ETS with laser straight sections of interstate highways between every stop.

Yikes. What's the point? No change in scenery to appreciate, either.

>Star Citizen actually has more content than this

Really triggers my autism. I want both yet neither are actually worth it.

>What's the point?
That's what I said after a few dozen hours. It's probably worth checking out when it goes on sale in the 10 dollar range.

There is fucking nothing to do in that game unless you enjoy being an autistic fucking space deliveryman.

The scenery does change, systems are pretty different depending on where you are. Stations vary too. I mean, it's all in space obviously, but it isn't the same in every system.

Let me know when you can land on planets with cities and clouds and atmosphere and not just some random dead rocks.

Can't believe I bought this shit, even if it was on sale, worst 20$ I've ever spent.
And I've played it in VR for "muh immersion"
It's shit, literally worse than euro truck simulator.

is this really ets2 in space?? i thought other players shot at you and stuff?

Combat sucks ass and trading is the best way to make money by far.

On the other hand, sound and graphics are probably the best I've seen in a space game.

>is this really ets2 in space??
Oh yes.
>take ets2
>delete all assets from the map except skybox and A and B terminals
>travel in straight line hands off

Have they added the Panther Clipper yet?

Except add in random psycho pirate truckers that try to run you off the road and steal your cargo.

I want to want to play this game. I like space games but most of them are either half assed dog fighting simulators or grindy as fuck.

Just give me a game where I can take a fuckhuge ship around the stars, ocassionally fuck shit up or trade.

Thats literally all I want.

I feel like MAYBE I'll get to enjoy that when SC releases in 2030, but until then im SOL.

Did they nerf passenger missions already?

I have no idea what this game is like, but you must band togheter with other fellow space spirates and become a force to be reckoned with, one that can still fight back and is not afraid of any of the harsher penalties. people will talk about you in their forums, they will fear you. You must be two steps ahead of all others, and lead foward a space pirate alliance.

Every single highway exit looks like this.
Worst thing about the game imo

So have they added meaningful content besides the artificial Ship ladder your suppose to grind? Any method people find to make money they nerf it because once you buy that million dollar ship and million dollar upgrades you realize there's fuck all to do.

It's not the space dads, it's the murder hobos who've been exploiting the current system for years to go around killing everyone and then use NPCs to clear the bounties.

I unironically enjoy exploring in Space Engine more than I ever do in Elite.

well no shit se is miles better at procgen and good looks

Goddamn, Space Engine is so fucking beautiful. I just wish there was an actual game in there.

Yeah but considering how much time like to spend just exploring open world games, I get a lot of gameplay out of Space Engine anyway.
I just set a task like searching for an Earthlike planet with habitable characteristics and don't use cheats like quicksearch.
Hours of autistic fun to be had.

EVE is, with the correlative dangers of the sandbox.

My brand of Space Engine autism equated to exploring star systems and crafting theories on anything out of the ordinary, like finding charred brown moons at the edges of a system and hypothesizing that at one point, there may have been more than one star in the area or finding rogue planets en route to another system and trying to figure out where they may have originated from. I would write all the related findings in the planetary info sections. But after a while, I just wanted more. I wanted to run into weird sci-fi shit, a little taste of something that would spark a whole expedition I could embark on.

>i wanted to look for answers, but there weren't any questions

Yeah, obviously there are limits but I still get some good gameplay out of it. Especially when I use ships to explore.

Let me know when you can land on planets without paying extra. There's a point where DLC becomes just chopping off half the game and charging extra for it

I found the ultimate ski hill.
22000 meters vertical and half gravity.

Such realism. Life is basically the same, it's just most people die before finishing the grind.

>Play space game for fun and escapism
>Get existential crisis instead

I found an Ancient Old One drifting through the cosmos in an eternal search for worlds to devour.

I'm still mad at how half assed they went with Horizons. They really think they can keep me happy with their stupid, useless community events and engineer mods? Now we are getting Giant non-playable ships to interact with! It's like a station, but it moves! The fucking laziest devs around. I'd almost feel sorry for whoever bought a "seasons pass" but they should have known better than to pay up front.

I've been in a permanent state of existential crisis since about 2014; the doom and gloom honestly doesn't even phase me anymore. Sometimes I masturbate to the idea that the universe appears to be expanding because our galaxy is within the event horizon of a giant black hole.

"No."

I found what looked like a world that was shattered and recombobulated from a molten lump of misshapen magma.

>that pic
--DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY--

Sometimes I feel sad that I'll never get to go back to a planet because I didn't record it's name.
Or I updated to a newer version of the game.

What get's me is that there is supposed to be life their. Like how?

*there not their

>I want to play this game
No, no you do not.

I'm happy for you that you can enjoy it. I don't myself but it's an intriguing game.

I found the Big Brain after he left Earth for no raisin. He may or may not have been petrified.
Shit, son, that confirms it. You have to find Termina and rescue Malon.

ets in space sounds neat to me but no real changes in scenery and just going straight sounds kinda meh, i mean i get that its space and there's no roads, but is there at least environmental hazards or something?

takes a bit of getting used to the warp system and map, i assume theres more novelty involved as you buy better and bigger ships. user is right though its basically a space trucker game with only straight line routes

You can fly into a planets rings and mine if you want.

How's this?

>As you buy better and bigger ships
The only difference between the starter ship and the most expensive ships you can buy (right now) is that the expensive ones are bigger.

wut game?

The same one as in your webm, funnily enough. It's incredible.

4 years and millions in revenue and Frontier can't even compete with a Russian working part time on Space Engine or a tiny Slovakian team on Outerra.

It's mind-boggling, really. The first time I launched the program I was absolutely awestruck something like that was possible.

This seriously pisses me off. Elite would be so fucking perfect for me if i could just find random shit like this to explore. What's the point of a massive universe if all you can explore are fucking rocks?

Hadn't tried it in awhile. Nice to see clouds and weather now but lakes are still dry.

Why bother improving the game when you can make millions selling microtransactions while deleting the fun from the game?

>Millions selling microtransactions
Are they though? There's a reason why they have to make other games while working on Elite. I wouldn't be surprised if ED is bringing them in a pittance.

Pretty much. Screw Braben and co.

Not bad.

How is Outerra these days? Is it still a glorified tech demo with ground deformation and nothing to do beyond exploration?

I think so. I just have the demo which is really neato but I don't think there is a full game.

>I wouldn't be surprised if ED is bringing them in a pittance.
At this point maybe because they've been so lazy in developing it further but a lot of people bought into it already based on the promise
I'm still waiting for planetary landings.

kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous
>The initial release of Elite: Dangerous doesn't mark the end of development. We intend to continue expanding the game both with new content and new features. A good example of this is planetary landings. We have an ambitious goal for landings to include new gameplay and a rich variety of worlds to explore. To achieve our goal we want the planets to come to life. We also want to add leaving the ships so you can explore space stations or board enemy vessels or even just to look around your own.

Frontier would probably argue that what you can do now fulfills that. As for boarding enemy vessels, or what they called at one point "space legs", that shit is never happening.

Or just log out and play in solo.

>It's an elite dangerous gets btfo by space engine thread
My favourite

isn't ED a MMO or or is the wiki article out of date?

Why did he change his funding goals?

>MMO
It's an MMO in the hopes and dreams of Frontier and the dads who play it only.

Maybe because he's spent the last several months tweaking the terrain generation and he realized that he'll never live long enough to finish all those goals.

why do people love to compare SE and ED? sure they both have space and exploration but they work so differently, elite's problem is a lack of variety in what you can see and do but has a fleshed out flight model and some activites (and even plenty things to see and explore), SE however has a well done procedural generation system but lacks any true objectives and ends up being a glorified screenshot simulator

Because Space Engine has also done the procedural generation thing but on a shoe string budget by a single dude and is almost on par with ED's claim to fame feature. Meanwhile Frontier flounders in their ability to add meaningful content to their game with a whole team.

>Doing organized crime properly

You know what the correct answer would be?

Encouraging players to be space bounty-hunters/vigilantes

It's on sale right now, nigga.

its on sale right now

You didn't miss anything. Landing on planets is garbage.