Why can't Cred Forums accept that the GOTY frontrunner is an indie?

Why can't Cred Forums accept that the GOTY frontrunner is an indie?
I thought you guys hated AAA shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=20914
youtube.com/watch?v=iKnwVvXkWq0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MHW and DBFZ are better. Celeste is good though.

This.

/thread
2018 started good with three great games

Is there not a legit torrent for this?

I'm not on any private trackers, so that's an issue.

Why is the game being centered around a piece of fruit?

>MHW and DBFZ are better

The skidrow one.
It's unpatched so a couple spots are harder.

I tried that one but it was Chinese and wouldn't start. Also was precracked so there was nothing I could do with it.

It didn't look like this?

Nope, I'll look for that one. Now that I think about it, I may have had 3DM

Install this
microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=20914

Alright people keep talking about how this game has a great story which interests me. But on the other hand it's an indie game with tumblr noses which sets off some warnings. It's not just a big shitty allegory for depression or domestic abuse or something right?

>people keep talking about how this game has a great story
Who's been saying this? Most of the praise is for the gameplay, level design, and the OST.
The story is minimal side note.

>allegory
its literally about her confronting her depression and anxiety, which manifests itself in physical form. The thing I liked the least was the ayy im a mellinnial character who was obsessed with taking selfies and at one point unironically yells yoloooooo. I ended up not minding the story too much because its not very heavy handed or pretentious and stays light hearted, and much of the extended dialougue you can just skip if you arent interested. I also liked how the nature of the mountain itself is pretty much kept a mystery [I havent completed post game yet]
That being said, the story is easily ignored and the gameplay is amazing, not to mention the post game has a ton of content with very little in the way of cutscenes.

Also best track
youtube.com/watch?v=iKnwVvXkWq0

If I wanted to make a game out of abortion I would go to my local clinic and man the vacuum.

This worked, thank you

I've only heard people saying to play it in spite of the story.

Some of the chapters are cute, but it's so fucking on the nose with the depression/anxiety stuff. I can't tell if the devs themselves are really dense, or if they think their target audience is dense, but there's no subtlety at all in the game's writing. It's clear by the end of chapter two what's going on, but they just keep hammering it.

> Do you get it? It's her anxiety and negative thoughts
> Like, a physical manifestation. Do you get it?
> Do you get it? It's trying to stop her, but it is her.
> Do you get it?
> Do you get it?
> DO YOU GET IT?

Game's pretty fun, though. Not 10/10, but worth playing.

>GOTY frontrunner

We're still in February

The story is ok, mostly the final chapters where its just the dialouge with Madeleine and her Dark Self, its cute to see them work together and it ties together nicely in-game

I think I've just idly seen people talking about the story in threads and then noticed some reviews saying it was good so I unconsciously assumed all those people were saying the same thing. Guess I'll check it out since I like platformers.

Why is that an issue?
I prefer that instead of hamfisted metaphor they play it straight have a magical mountain literally manifest her mental issues.
It's not a new or bad trope to have to fight or overcome physical manifestation of some internal issue or struggle.

>MHW
>better
i don't know about DBZ, but MHW isn't very good at all. the level design is especially shit at times.
regardless, celeste is good and probably the best game this year so far, but i doubt it'll "be" the best game of the year.

It's not the trope, it's what they do with it. They never really advance beyond, "it's you". That "it's you" conversation seems to happen at least once per chapter. We get it. It's her. Now do something with it.

If they did more chapters like the one with Oshiro, I would have enjoyed it more. Show how she's at odds with herself in different situations. Maybe put that attempt at reconciliation earlier in the story so we can see how things potentially go wrong and where each of them have to give a little.

The story they told didn't seem to fit well with the pace of the game. They had a basic story structure of introduction, escalation, conflict, and resolution, but because there were too many chapters they just kept running back to introduction rather than escalating.

>the GOTY frontrunner is an indie
You're absolutely correct