So now that the dust has settled can we all agree this game was pretty fucking good

So now that the dust has settled can we all agree this game was pretty fucking good

Other urls found in this thread:

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_List
youtu.be/UAGqdygI6oY
youtube.com/watch?v=ObJV_PITRjA
streamable.com/o2z1w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is, unfortunately. Played so much in 3 weeks that I am closed to burned out already.

There are people who hate this game? Really?

It’s really good, I love the QoL changes, but I feel it is too easy. I want them to release a G Rank DLC.

The people complaining are long-time MonHun minmax fags who have been spoiled by the dozens of recycled monsters in each installment.
They refuse to recognize that they didn't have the option to just import skeletons into the game.

Accord to everyone? Yes.

According to old mon hun fans? No its not clunky enough

Despite being the most accessible game in the series I think it was still too obtuse for most newcomers. Every person I know who picked it up as their first Monhun has since dropped it. It's a good game and a good base and I'm looking forward to more content.

It's pretty good and I'm 160 hours in
BUT
The online system is ass, the social aspect of the game is dead unless you play with friends
Some weapons are clearly underdesigned, clearly they didn't had enough time or resources to do them better
Beta sets are inferior design wise to Gunner sets, the only difference from the alpha sometimes it's just the open helmet
Monsters should be able to use the enviroment to fuck with you way more, it's a one way fight for now
Too many wyverns
We need more monsters

Every one of these points is 100% verifiable and fixable by capcom,
they won't though

RIP gathering hub. All they need to do is copy the necessary NPC functions and drop players off there after a quest. Hopefully they fix it eventually.

It's still not the Phantasy Star Online/Universe/Portable console experience I'm looking for. It feels exactly the same as the shitty one I played on the PSP in 2010. Big slow wind up animations, pointless tracking, not enough flash or substance to keep things interesting. I wasted $60 but made most of it back thanks to a friend who was dying to play it. He didn't like it either lol

Can someone please explain how the online system is acceptable? Because it seems to me that it is physically impossible to play through the game with friends. Story missions can't be started together unless one of you has already completed the mission, and even if you HAVE completed the mission, you still have to fucking wait until the cutscene plays out before joining? What the hell were they thinking? Am I just retarded?

it's a retarded system
but you aren't supposed to play the story with other people, git gud

It's an unfortunate offshoot of the design of older games; prior, there was a division between Story/Singleplayer and Guild/Multiplayer quests. Story was balanced for Single Player and could only be started solo/played solo, and Guild Quests were balanced for multiple people and could be tackled solo or with a group.

You're not burned out. You ran out of content. You want more, you aren't done with the game, but it is done with you.

>was pretty fucking good
>was
I still havnt even gotten to play it :'(
and I wont for another 6 months or so :'(

Damn, I was hoping this wasn't the case bros. So I have to play leapfrog, going ahead one mission solo, finishing it, then going back and helping my pal every time? Unbelievable. I loved the way it was split up in 3U and 4U, at least you could always get in a game with your friends and progress together without hassle.

Rest of the game is great though. Played with pals for the first time ever last night, 10/10 experience besides the setup.

BING

>Big slow wind up animations
So you only played one weapon, and were confused that there was actual thought involved instead of letting you spam whatever while the game basically auto-plays. And then you complain about lack of substance.

Best MonHun game to open a new Gen with. just needs-
>More End Game
>Improvements to mounting
>More unique weapons designs, even just one for each at the end of the tree for all of them.

They also really blew their load with map design on the ancient forest. It's so much bigger than the others, especially Elders Recess which is just terrible.

Someone explain to me how that makes the multiplayer "Unplayable"
Because, yeah, the whole cutscene thing is retarded, and an obvious misstep on Capcom's part, but the story is such a tiny fraction of the game's content, why would that even matter? Especially late-game, when the story fucks off entirely and you're free to slaughter monsters with your buds to your hearts content

Its ok.
They improved on a lot of small things which are a huge step in the right direction but in the end the game lacks content and is too easy.
G/Ultimate -version of World is probably gonna be greatest MH experience.

Astera is the worst village in the series and I hope they replace it in the next version.

Or just play through the story single-player, as the game intended

I tried a few. The big sword, the saber and shield, the twin daggers, the gun spear thing. Every animation and movement has so much weight its like the physics are drowned in molasses. I know some people like really weighty controls but it was never for me. PSO/U/P is about juggling and positioning and you get a constant sense of progression since the goal (which MH ripped off of btw) is to rise through the ranks, get S rank gear, and use the new gear to hit bigger numbers on mobs finally until you get to a boss and wipe it out for a big exp boost and hope of getting something shiny and new.

Just do investigations, events or optional quests with your friends and only bother with assigned quests when you're playing on your own.

No one said it was unplayable, not sure who you're quoting. It is a colossal pain in the ass in the early game, and me and my buddy just started last night after weeks of waiting. It is a huge slap in the face to find out that you can't play through the only content available to us at this point together without jumping through a bunch of hoops, especially considering how seamless it's been in the previous games.

Looking forward to when it opens up and we're free to hunt what we want, but the fact it's so cumbersome when we're this many generations in is kind of inexcusable for their big debut title on console for the first time in years.

Then why did they remove Guild Hall quests?

So casuals can SOS out rather than get frustrated and give up.

did they remove all the missions cause they thought quest variety like the old games would scare off normies or something?

This fucking faggot pisses me off.

How do we kill him Bros?
He can't keep getting away with this!

>rights Pink Rathain for plot
>a BLUE sharpness weapon bounces

the fuck is this shit?

Sorry, Japan wants the Juice to be loose.

>fling shit at him
>he runs off
that was hard

trying to use a CB on him is a nightmare

and of course he's the fucker you need to kill to make the charms better

>casualizated garbage
>good

Why the fuck is kushala daora so hard

peirce shots

I don't hate it but nothing makes me want to play it. I'm like rank 3 and it just feels like an annoying chore. Go wail on this dumb monster. The combat sucks.

Yes nintennigger we know you're salty now kys.

flash pods and karma lbg lvl 2 normal reks him

>the monster you're fighting follows him to attack him

it's not hard but its spam of wind projectiles makes me furious, it doesn't even do damage

I just got it. Am I the only one having trouble getting used to the controls? Got too used to 3DS.

Is bow the only strong range weapon now that slicer ammo was nerfed?

Love it, left wanting more though, I know picklerage is coming in a DLC update, but I hope they continue updating like that instead of just releasing another game next year.

This is fucking shit. It deserves to be on switch

karma lbg strong af

>slicer was nerfed
What? Im still able to wipe the floor with that Kadachi HBG.
>affinity and crit set
>affinty weapon
>crits all day if you hit a weak spot with slicing shot

Rapid fire normal 2?

Is everything soloable including elder dragons?

>good
>casualized piece of crap
with your permision I will continue playing BAYONETTA 2

my first monhun

i dropped it after like 2 missions lmao

yes bring it and combo thats it dont need anymore than them to kill anything except
the final boss

Currently playing through XX Switch. I'll see how World is once it FINALLY comes out on PC, but I'm worried about how clunky the online system is now.

yes

bro I played it and it was fucking boring
XX is pure gold

My problem isn't with him, it's with the shitters that try to attack him while he's fucking up the monster

>Hunting Barroth
>Everything going smooth, nobody's dying or getting hit by telegraphed attacks
>Know the Juice is gonna pop up any fucking minute
>He does
>Fucks Barroth up
>Suddenly Diablos
>Diablos opens up a pit that sends Barroth and Juice beneath level
>Juice gets back fast and fucks Diablos up
>Barroth climbs back up to get away
>2 shitters try going for the Juice
>He fucks them up
>Juice fucks up the other Hunter
>Quest over

High Rank is fun, it just sucks how SOS quests got worse because people don't know how to sit back and watch a fucking fight happen or just fling shit and be patient.

>Using weapons designed to hunt beasts up to 8x the size of the hunter
>complains that they are sluggish

bruh it ain't devil may cry it's MONSTER hunter... as in big, slow monsters? i get not liking slow combat, but if you thought a game where you hunt giant creatures was going to engage an attack within a fifth of a second of button press then thats just you

It's alright. Been playing it a little at a time but there's only so many annoying monsters you can fight before you have to take yet another break because chasing them is a pain in the ass.

>Fighting Rathalos in the story.
>Rathalos runs up to Anjanath mid fight.
>Anjanath decides it's never going to let Rathalos get away.
>Spend the rest of the fight trying to take little pokes at Rathalos while avoiding both monsters who just WON'T fucking separate no matter how long I wait or stay out of sight.
>Every time Rathalos flees, Anjanath finds it within a few seconds.
Jesus fuck this game is exhausting I'm pretty sure Anjanath did most of the damage.

What do you need for xeno?

>always play lance
>decide to replay 3U after clearing all of the content on MHW
>switch to hammer
>as soon as enemies start having cuttable tales urge to switch back to a cutting weapon rises
How does anyone who uses blunt weapons not fall to the temptation of bladed weapons?

melatonin

The people who complain about MH World's content are the people who think adding berserk / chaotic / desert / etc variants to existing monsters as well as versions of monsters we've already seen 34848392 times before is exciting new content.

>fighting some shitty monster
>need specific part breaks
>B-52 flies in and does a bombing run
>Part Broken
>Part Broken
>Part Broken
>fucks the monster up for 5 minutes then leaves
>monster limps away

thanks bazelbro

Pierce from Legiana HBG or Diablos HBG

His constant wind generating makes my hunter staggered. That and his constant flying drags out the fight longer than any of ther other elder dragons. What sucks most about the cunt is that I want his armor and weapons set and thus I have to farm him.

2/3rd of world's cast is repeated content we've already seen 34848392 times before, and a good quarter of that is just variants.
Only like ten monsters are new, and even one of them is just a Uragaan variant.

Dung pods dude.

GIVE ME MORE SHIT TO KILL AND SKIN

Yes. It's fucking great.

It's not PERFECT. Because you have to mention how NOT PERFECT the game is because this is Cred Forums and everyone on Cred Forums has a ten foot boner for pointing out a game's flaws no matter how superficial and pedantic. Can't just say something positive about a game, gotta make sure you slip in some bitching in there somewhere otherwise you might be a FILTHY SHILL CASUAL NORMIE, and by god, we can't have THAT!

So yeah. The game isn't perfect. But it is damn, DAMN good.
Shows that Capcom is actually giving a shit about game design, and not just selecting more monsters from the drop-down menu, adding G or XX to the end, and calling it good

Quick question, maximum might or weakness exploit ?

WE

Hammer does everything else except cut tails. Big powerful hits that feel good. Fast and hit and run weapon, makes it both mobile and powerful, KO and exhaustion makes it so that monster doesn't even fight back.

Or they could've had the whole town act as the hub
I have no idea why they didn't, the early info sounded like that was their plan. Must've been technical problems or some shit.

>Im gonna make nagasaki look like a fucking joke

>long-time
If they were long-time fans, they would have at least been around for Tri, giving them some frame of reference for what a fresh start typically looks like for the series. These retards started with 4U, MAYBE 3U at the earliest.

It's so much fun. Still my go-to game to play with friends.

Every time he flies, it's free hits with flash pods.

Weirdly enough I started with 4U. I'm not really having an issue with the smaller quantity of monsters, but that's because I'm not an autist.

I think one of the biggest problems is the matchmaking system, which needs some major tweaks before the next game on consoles. Stuff like:

>12 person rooms causes the player pool to be limited, and sometimes requires moving several times to find someone. Good luck if you are too high or low of a level or fighting a monster no one else in the room has a interest in grinding for.
>Difficulty not adjusting if someone leaves, gets kicked or DCs causes issues both with gameplay balance and money rewards.
>Hard to get friends in when first doing a quest.
>Main story quests are almost always better if you fail it the first time if you want to do it mutliplater so you can SOS right away/get party memebers and often not be in a fight right away.
>The main village is a pain in the ass to get around.
>Too many menus when selecting a quest.

I know this is more me and I understand fully if long time MH fans disagree, but I think the shared 3 deaths and the quest is failed is pretty bullshit and frustrating. I can get you failing if you die 3 times, but other people fucking it up makes me nervous about even doing the muiltplayer. Not to mention a lot of people have mentioned soloing stuff because of team members constantly fucking up.

What the fuck is this?

I don't know, never seen one user.

The guns are fucking fine, you just need to pick an ammo appropriate to a monster instead of slicing all day

It's a tranqbomb dumbasses

Not anymore.

How do I bust Nerg's horns as a LS player? Even the tail seems to take a decade to sever but at least that I have down pat. I need the horns for gear and even with repeated helm splitters to them I get nothing before he dies.

Any reliable damage calculator? I don't wanna waste my time on shit that won't work.

Play with a real weapon. Or have someone else kill it like you usually do.

Your brain

(Weapon's True Raw + Bonuses) * Sharpness Multiplier * Attack Motion Value * Monster Hitzone

Use a hammer dumbass

Pick hammer or HH instead. How do you think hammer users cut tails?

Yeah. Hopefully its success in the west leads to XX getting localized. That and the G Rank expansion for this game. I just want to hunt more monsters

It's a ______ Gem that you need for _______ you dingus

How do attack boosts stack? Is there a cap?

With attack lv7, powercharm/talon, meat platter, might pill, am I becopme god? Or have I been wasting time?

Where do you guys get giant bomb premium videos?

Yes. But i wish it had G rank. I got platinum after 200 hours.

That's the trade-off for getting help with a monster, the fact shitters can ruin the quest.

Whats the best Hammer?

so it doesn't matter if i decide to pick one over the other ?

am I the only one who hates the street fighter event quest?

It will get G rank in time, user. No new gen of MH ever starts with G rank available.

Is it good ? how's the whole ryu skin?

Event quests are never about the quest itself being good. They're just an excuse to give crossover loot.

Explain further. MV are %, right? And hoe to calculate affinity?
Just write down an example and I'm good.

I actually really hate the MP. I know its not a radical statement but Jesus people really gotta stop dying to simple things. I don't get mad if you die to something awkward but dying to something like a tail smash makes me angry.
Yeah, i've been upgrading one for that sole purpose. Won't be happy if i'm forced to constantly swap for other enemies mid-hunt so I can satisfy my 'tism.
So that's something else CB has over those two, huh? Yikes.

MH World has 30 new monsters, between small and large ones.

Let's see the other ones.

MH1 had 30.
MH2 had 25(+7 with latest version).
MH3 had 27(+12~ with latest version).
MH4 had 13(+3 with latest version).
MHX had 10(+2 with latest version).

I think you're just too used to having lots of recolored reused assets in the 3DS versions to realize MH World has just as many new interesting monsters as the best first entries of each generation of MH games. I'm sorry, I don't think Diablos, Black Diablos and Massacre Demon Diablos are three different monsters.

I used this for reference and might have missed one or two monsters in each game.

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_List

>I actually really hate the MP. I know its not a radical statement but Jesus people really gotta stop dying to simple things.
You're the one tripping them, asshole.

so whats the endgame like?

Just use SOS Flares if you don't find people willing to fight in online sessions or online forums.

Lance's charge pokes do 50% of your damage
So basically on a weapon with 200 raw and no element, on a monster hitzone that takes 50% damage, for ease of math

200 * 1.05 (green sharpness) * 0.5 * 0.5 = 52.5 damage, not sure if the game rounds up or down.

I don't get the chance. I've played maybe four online matches that weren't Zorah for bits and typically the setup is GL/Lance, and either two bowguns or a bow and CB. I'm rarely able to trip them since the melee are vlusterfuckung around the head and guts while I nothing personnel their asscheeks.

When's monster hunter on the switch?

Pills only last for like 30 seconds

Already there, you just gotta get your weeb on.

Like six months ago

Jesus, that looks terrible

Considering Capcom stated that they plan for simultaneous international releases from now on and didn't immediately announce a XX localization probably means it'll never happen, which is a shame because XX really is a huge improvement over Generations.

>am I the only one who hates the street fighter event quest?

I can't even access it

i miss the old faint animation

That's what upscaled assets from the 3DS version look like. And they were already recycled to start with.

Tempered Vaal Hazak, shitty decorations and no gems has been my experience so far
t. HR 103

no fucking content and 2 achievements are maximum autism

Did anyone else think the Great Jagra was a royal lurdroth before the game came out?

It's an upscaled 3DS game, what did you expect?

>and 2 achievements are maximum autism

if you mean "all large and small crowns" those are going to SUCK

They honestly look alot alike. To the point that Jagras is a fanged wyvern instead of a leviathan is retarded.

>Atoraru Ka
>recycled assets
what

if you don't want to wait, you can always go to fucking GAMESTOP, buy a used copy, play it to get your save data and then take it back for a full refund within the week.

get sfv from someone or make the mistake of buying it

Jagras isn't semi-aquatic, I guess.

somebody already got plat. pretty insane

It's a reptile it can swim.

Is it weird that I think it looks bad, but better on 3DS? I had the same reaction with 3U on the Wii U.

Zorah is easy to get and does a great job and smashing heads,

>somebody already got plat. pretty insane

that's still like 3 weeks.

It shoots water and slides around.
I was actually shocked after I killed it and they called it something completely different.
I thought capcom just changed his sponges to dreadlocks for some unknown reason.

Obviously that specific screenshot is not what user was talking about, but the 3DS games used recycled assets from the PSP titles which in turn used recycled assets from the PS2. World is the only time they've had to start from total scratch.

You can't see how low res the textures are I guess, but I'd rather take bad textures and good screen resolution than the other way around.

And even then it wasn't totally from scratch since they at least had a good pile of monster designs and animations to pick through. Redoing all the monster models, textures, and other shit was probably most of the work still.

the 3ds games do not use psp assets are you fucking retarded?

Please learn to flashpod.

I love hearing this claim, especially considering despite gens 3 and 4 having returning monsters, they actually DO have new models and aren't straight-up model imports. Compare gen 1/2 Rathalos to gen 3 and up, there's a stark difference between the models.

i got bored after 5 days

hi where are the water monsters haha

>one fucking water monster
>he's absolutely miserable to fight unless you have the water mantle

The Raths specifically got a design overhaul
I dunno if they bothered remodeling em but most of the stuff that had been around since FU doesn't look much different in the 3DS games

no snow level. wtf capcom

Paid DLC with G rank and transmog.

The gimmick was fun, once. Having to do it seven times gets tiring.

>transmog
fashionfags are disgusting

>Hammer users average contribution.webm

Don't be a shitter and you'll only have to do it 3 times.

The endgame is pretty lackluster and disappointing but i had enough fun to be worth 60 bucks
7.9/10

>tfw love MHW
>want to continue playing on the go
>download Generations on 3DS
>it's fucking gross

How's XX on Switch?

>tfw got it for free thanks to some kind user posting an unlimited use code
If you're out there user, you're muh nigga.

depends on what you want to do, if you want just raw attack the Diablos hammer with non-elemental decoration slotted in shits out alot of damage.

zorah hammer is pretty nice for mid game and is just plain fun late game due to explosions everywhere.

nerg weapons are nice too.

XX is basicly generations with G-rank content and a 720p screen vs 240p

forgot my picture, example of what to expect for visuals as it's an enhanced 3DS port.

I liked it, had a blast fighting giant Barroth with my friend. We almost got gold on the first try spamming DB's slide.

Rathalos Ruby.

What? I would much rather have that guy than you on my team

Just get the water pants if you’re having that much trouble with him. He’s pretty ez desu.

I main the bow and having to use different weapons i've never used is killing me user ;~;

Looks like a potato.

You must be fucking blind if you can't tell the difference from that Tigrex model and the 3ds one

Oh boy, I sure do love seeing Nerg clownsuits everywhere.

>caring about what people wear.

Yes, a low resolution jpeg taken from youtube is indicative of the game's actual appearance

That’s too bad then because not that many people use it.

from what i can tell it's just a higher resolution direct 3DS port, still nice but you can tell the switch can do ALOT better

1080p on a TV

not bad

I just can't go back to a fucking 3DS

I'm a SnS player, so I had fun learning how to use DBs. The jump attack where you slash across the enemy's body is anime as fuck.

Nerg is really ugly though, and I have to wear my own clownsuit with it for tempered stuff.
Though to be fair, I just wear whatever the fuck full set I want when doing normal content.

Also I don't think I'll ever be able to augment my weapon, the drops are shit for me.

he was mentioning using it as a portable so i used portable resolution.

if i'm not mistaken it's pretty much 60fps locked even at 1080p

That's a lie and you know it.
Most clownsuiters have at least one piece of it, either that or the dragonking eyepatch and possibly Rathalos Beta chest.

>complete prickly predicament
>still can't cultivate seeds
Haha I love this game :))

Getting his armor set plus the Teostra SA to blow everything up feels so good

Go to the training room to learn the basics and try'em out, most of them are fun to use when you try. At least for melee ones, I haven't tried any ranged yet because I don't wanna worry about crafting ammo.

I have a set with Nerg armor pieces in it. Fight me.

You gotta have seeds in your inventory box before it'll let you cultivate them.

>went back to 4U

holy shit the controls are utter garbage

I hope for the next game they split up the quests again into village and guild.. At least then they can do what they did in 4/U and allow for cutscenes that showcases all four players.

formerly chuck's

This.
I still play it while listening to podcasts, music or random youtube videos regularly even though I've beaten everything, it's great for that.

Or maybe they skipped the abomination of a game called tri?or people think tri design choices were fucking garbage?

I'm HR 38.

>chef posts a quest with the objective to shut up the handler
>plethora of condoms and energy drinks in the supply box

Nobody gives a fuck about small monsters.

>tfw never going to hear her cute voice moan your name

It’s pretty good. Kind of easy though, not even trying to be one of those hardcore gamer persons

What's the verdict, bros? Which one's the better game?

can you cultivate ivy?

just got to high rank this morning, and some of the new weapons have greyed out elements. what's up with that?

You need the free element skill to unlock them

You beat the final Elder Dragon, then unlock post game content to try and min / max skills and whatnot.

No idea where this "end game content" meme came from.

With the amount of hours I've put in, it's under $1/hour. That's usually a good sign.

So was Lance before World just unwieldy slow piece of shit weapon?
In World it's fast and fun and effective.
Meanwhile I just decided to try a bit of generations while taking a shit and playing lance was just horrible. It was just so slow, even recovering from block too ages and I have no idea what was up with the counter. It just kept not doing the actual counter poke, only doing it against moves that made enemy go through the hunter so the counter wasn't even able to hit.
That was all in all quite horrible experience.

Free element unlocks them. It’s kind of shit though because non-elemental is a vastly superior skill

How can I find Black Blos?

Transmog will literally be the death of MonHun.

so now that you setup traps very fast i guess speed setup is kill? what about my stylish bombing?

Can't kill something that's been dead for years

Redpill me on high rank. I've been using the hammer, and I unlocked the quest to kill Nergigante. Thing is, I've just been using the Bone A set since I got to high rank. What skills/armor should I get before fighting Nerg and unlocking 8* quests? Help a retard, Cred Forums. Thanks in advance.

I don't think i'v seen non elemental.
What does it do?

there aren't that many in any of them user. Many of World's small monsters aren't new ones, are you implying that World's number is mostly made up of small mons? Because if you're not, the points brought up are still relevant.

>doing blunt weapons
>require a cut material

Fuck. Every single time.

World.

If it works it works, keep using your set.

>too easy
>Only challenge is nerg
>Can craft endgame gear after only 50hourd or less play time
>No end game besides stupid augmentations which are fucking pointless since you can easily kill every monster by that point
>50+ hours in and completely bored
>Previous Month Hun such as FU can easily have you excited for 400+ hours

This game was a high quality flop.

>>Only challenge is nerg
I feel like nergigas was easiest of the elder dragons in the game though.

I think you don't really understand the meaning of "flop"

MHW is a great game that's already gotten 100 hours out of me but it's probably the 2nd/3rd worst MH

It's a good game, but mediocre for a MonHun game. I would rather a 4u/XX port to PS4 or PC than this. It desperately needs G Rank and about 30 more monsters.

It was my first monster ever and I now have over 200 hours and doing tempered elder dragons.

I do know several people who picked it up as their first as well and bitch about how “tedious” it is though.

>nergigas was easiest
I thought so too until he carted me at full health.
Vaal is probably the most annoying Elder Dragon

just wait for the complete version with a fucktone of monsters

FIX ME CAPCOM

>old monsters are new content

every single time, never change 3DS owners

Boosts the damage of weapons that don't have elements
But like most new damage skills or reworked old skills (Weakness Exploit's changes in Gen, dear god) they massively overtuned it.

Nergigas only has divebomb and that's really it.
Kushala just goes "you wanna hit me? You can't. Ever". And that's that.

OP asked if MHW was good, not MHWG or whatever it'll be called

Also lack of monster variety/quantity is only one of the many problems the game has when compared to previous titles

What are the other problems? It has more unique and new monsters than any other first version of any MH game.

It was a mega success sales wise and even gameplay wise. They flopped by having no content. The game is empty as hell past 50 hours...

I feel the same im close to 90 hours and i wanna beat the last boss to get it over with

Most fun I've had on a game in a fucking while. Trying to farm crowns now with my buddies. Can't wait for extra monsters and such.

It's already got a bigger roster than Tri did and people got plenty of playtime out of that as well.
A lot of it is people burning themselves out by playing 200 hours in like 2 weeks, but I doubt they'll be completely done with it. I still pick up 4U every once in a while for a few hunts.

Plus they're adding at least few more monsters over time, wonder what the final roster size will be before World G

Sounds great.
Is there a charm or piece of armor that gives it?

>rathalos, azure and rathian all in the same area, pushing each other around
>feel like a fucking god for 10 minutes as i spin around with my hammer of destruction in the middle of this dragon orgy

It was pretty good for a new generation but it still fucked up way too many things. The online structure is shit there's no reason to ever bother to join a lobby because it's so tedious. They could have built a much better system if they had bothered with a dedicated server for towns.

Making everything scale into solo made everything retardedly easy with elders being so vulnerable to being knocked down in solo you can do it a dozen times in 5 minutes.

The town is big for the sake of being big and might be one of the worst designed towns in all of videogames. WHO THE FUCK PUTS FAST TRAVEL AT THE OTHER END OF TOWN SO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO RUN TO IT

Tempered system sucks dick and is incredibly lazy. It's like the deviant system but with no unique rewards and no differences in the fights.

They clearly spent 90% of the dev time on the forest and then threw the other zones together as fast as possible with the rotten vale being two hallways attached together and then a room at the bottom for Vaal.

I didn't say we need old content. The game needs more meat than it currently has. So putting in older monster to bolster the numbers would do wonders. 90% of the new monster in this game are boring anyway. Then they put in things like Uru which was never fun or challenging. World has potential to be a great MH game, but it desperately needs more to do.

It's great. The game definitely needs more content, though. How they handle DLC/re release is important. They can't just do Jho. It has to be substantial.

Do statuses like poison/para count as element?

What do you use if you can't use non elemental gem?

He's the easiest of the elders next to Vaal with 3 miasma gems

I fucking hate how they designed tempered monsters since it means the only old monsters they can add as dlc at this point are elders or monsters on par with elders. They could add Lagombi but we would kill it 5 times and then never again because tempered lagombi wouldn't give high rarity decorations.

I did hammer with jagras set. not great jagras, regular. Which is hardly any better than bone.
It was difficult but I still made it, just remember to buff up, use immunizers, bombs, slinger ammo, everything you can at your disposal to make it as easy as possible.
Once you get the 3 quests after nergigante the "hardest" encounter is actually the easiest if you use flash bombs.

Might be worth it to go get the zora set.

XX is LITERALLY MHGen with tweaks. Take a fucking guess what game is better.

>inb4saltynintendofanboys

they're status, not element

>Previous Month Hun such as FU can easily have you excited for 400+ hours

This is not only a flat out lie, but you're comparing the final generational release titles to a new generation entry title. The fuck sort of rationale is that?

The only brand new monsters (that aren't reskins like radobaan) in World that are actually well-designed and fun to fight are Nergi, Bazel, and Vaal. It takes like three days to finish the village quests because they removed key quests and 75% of the optional unlocks are barely useful. The areas Ancient Forest and Coral Highlands are awful for fighting in. Gathering resources is a fucking joke with infinite pickaxes/bugnets and respawning points, you always have enough ore to make stuff and you never run out of zenny. The whole thing is "streamlined" in a really bad way that removes all the resource collecting/management.

All of that stuff pales in comparison to the fact that you can run while taking consumables, it's been a core aspect of every other MH for a reason

>Gathering resources is a fucking joke with infinite pickaxes/bugnets and respawning points
When was the last game those were actually something to worry about? You can buy them from the store for like 100z each
And resource points also respawned in the past bunch of games, it just took like 10-15 minutes.

Vaal isn't a well designed fight. They just made the easiest elder in history and then threw on a debuff you have to constantly get rid of if you aren't geared properly.

>it's been a core aspect of every other MH for a reason
You can move and heal now because you can't go hide behind a loading screen anymore if you want to sip. That's the reasoning the devs gave for the change.

He's also forgetting that the grind in FU and the 3DS games was much harsher. Wanna build a full Rathian set in World? Probably will take you 1/10th of the time it would to make an equivalent set in 3U or 4U, so while you "run out of content" earlier in MH World, most of your time is not spent fighting the same enemy over and over. While the game still has a strict grind loop, it's much better about it than previous titles.

Some people just love not having the game respect your time, confusing casualization with streamlining. To get a full gore magala set in MH4U, you'd probably have to fight him 10 times or more. In World, if Gore was in it, it'd probably take 5 tries or less.

It wasnt that it was hard to get pickaxes, but they limited how much you could get on a single run. In MHW you just hold circle while chasing down the target monster and you end up with 100+ of each ore without even trying

>most of your time is not spent fighting the same enemy over and over.

Too bad about the endgame being 4 monsters you fight over and over.

Someone host a Street Fighter V event quest on PS4

I can't remember ever running out of Iron or Mega pickaxes in the time it takes to clear out a whole map in any of 3rd or 4th gen. It was faster to just do a quick loop around then leave and take the mission again instead of waiting for shit to respawn. And that's without a dedicated gathering set with Divine Whim or whatever the skill was called.

Read the fucking post. I said the grind loop is still there, it's just not as bad as in previous games of the franchise.

This is so Cred Forums argument. "Thing was better before because it took more time", not because it was harder, or more challenging or more fun, but because it was more slow and boring.
Being able to do something slow and boring is not a talent you should be proud of. Though if you are, you could apply it for a real job instead of in your entertainment.

But that doesn't matter, it's even easier now to disengage from monsters because they wont chase you past the boundary of the zone anyways AND you can just crouch in a bush at any time and they forget about you. The main issue is that it lets you heal at any time during combat without any worry of getting hit which removes nuance and cuts a large chunk out of the time it takes to hunt a monster

Played a bit of 4U recently again. Because of habits started drinking potion mid fight when I went "oh shit, can't move while drinking in this." and next thing I realized was that I had already finished drinking as it took no time at all.
You can just wait for monster to fucking sneeze and pop a potion during that time. So hardcore!

>monsters won't follow beyond the border

When did Cred Forums start to lie to win arguments? This seems like a post-TORtanic thing to me.

Collecting crafting materials to make gear was actually fun though, there was a much greater feeling of satisfaction when finishing a set of gear in the other games whereas the weapons just get handed to you in MHW all the way until the last final upgrade or two where it requires a rare material. There is no process at all in actually making the weapons

never again and ryu's amor is garbage

Eating a well done steak in MH World takes 300 years, while in MH4U it takes 2 seconds. People overstate how "hardcore" that game is.

Don't worry in 2 months they will sell layered Ryu armor for the low price of $6.99 then you can wear it without needing to deal with complete shit for stats

So like every other MH? Hell even in X/XX most of the Deviants had garbage gear so the "endgame" gear farm was people fighting Hellblade, Silverwind, Silver Rath, Valfuck, and Atoraru-Ka. And honestly I'd rather do challenge hunts for decorations than mine coal for charms.

>they wont chase you past the boundary of the zone
Even fucking Kula Ya-Ku chases you for a couple of rooms.

>without any worry of getting hit
Sipping at the wrong time will still get you nailed, I'm assuming you've played MH for hundreds of hours like the rest of us so you probably already know when not to sip.

don't forget the hp replenish instantly

To be fair through, in world your max stamina basically never goes down, so there is no need to eat while fighting.
Weapon sharpening is the thing that was and is the most risky thing, but also mandatory mid fight.

If you like boring fucking mindless grind, good for you. There are games for you and those things can last billion hours so you should run out.
Let people who like good games, enjoy their thing.

Obviously you can still get hit while running but it's gotten to the point where the majority of the time I sip I would have gotten hit if i couldn't run while sipping because there is no need to actually wait for an opportunity anymore

>Sipping at the wrong time will still get you nailed

Except it won't because you can roll out of the animation if you fuck up so badly you cant move away from an attack while drinking

So I take it you don't like any RPGs then? Collecting materials to craft better gear is the whole fucking point

And you lose the item without healing 1/7th of what you wanted if you roll immediately after sipping, smart boy.

If only there was a box that had a thousand potions in it during a quest

They realized Royal Ludroth doesn't work without the ability to swim the same as Lagiacrus.

Look at this casual who is so bad that he has to go back to item box mid fight. Look at him and laugh.

>This casual mechanic isn't casual because you can run out of potions
>Haha only casuals use this other casual mechanic that gives you literally infinite items to use on a mission which makes running out of potions have zero consequence

I believe they didn't quite think the DLC thing through with how the game works. A lot of this stuff doesn't seem like it'll mesh well with trickle content

The story is harder and would literally take you twice as long to play through with other people even if you didn't have to play it once for each person.

Play through missions solo. Grind with friends. It's retarded but not as retarded as you're making it out to be.

Time based missions mean that running back to camp is a huge penalty

Maybe you should've picked a better time to drink it.

Plus this game showers you in healing opportunity: you have vigorwasps and flowers on the map that provide instant healing, you can bring a healing tool that recharges, life powder which is instant, give your palico the vigorwasp tool, or even wear armor sets that heal you.

there is a huge abundance of healing shit, really there's no reason to ever run out of potions and whiffing one because you tried drinking when monster jumped at you is such a minor issue

Mhw is inferior in every way except graphics and controls

The worst part about that is Gobul will never return.
He had such a varied moveset for being a giant dumb fish.

You can cart twice in world and still have plenty of time to finish a 15 minute investigation

This is objectively right. Add these things to 4U and it would be infinitely better.

>tfw no guildmarm

What if they snuck this into the deviljho update?
youtu.be/UAGqdygI6oY

>game lets you grow infinite herbs, honey, and mushrooms
>b...but my potion
Jesus fucking hell.

>it's a dragon, but red

wow I can't wait

It's my first I'm 50 hours played but it feels like it's been 10

I wouldn't mind them giving another crack at swimming now that camera controls are less retarded and it's on systems with a proper second stick, but they'll really need to rethink underwater movement speeds and movesets for most weapons to make it not a chore. Especially for weapons that don't have great reach. Hell just making SnS, DB, etc a good bit faster underwater would go a long way.

Nice try you little knobslobbering shill but allow me to bloe you the fuck out.

World only has 31 monsters. Pathetic

Of those 31 only 18 are "new". pathetic

Of THOSE 18 only 9 are ACTUALLY new and not just reskinned old monsters like the jagras, anja, tzitzi, dodoga,

The awful online system basically killed the game for casuals that just want to play with their friends because they heard that's what monster hunter is about.

This actually could have been completely avoided if they kept the split between village and guild

It's not even the grind, there's significantly less quests in World than any other Monster Hunter when you're not counting Investigations. Its monster roster doesn't help either meaning less variety in quests and what can show up in a quest. Ultimately even though it's a brand new generation of monsters, there's overall less to do than say Tri where you had Low Rank/High Rank village and Low Rank/High Rank online if you wanted to hunt with others or sought a challenge.

Why would it be twice as long? That doesn’t make any sense if you each get credit for it in one take. You act as though this doesn’t work for other games. You can even play with your friends you just have to do stupid shit like player 1 gets to the cutscene, abandons quest, then wait for player 2 to get to the cutscene and then player 1 joins. This is beyond retarded.

How do I play CB optimally?

>Wanna build a full Rathian set in World? Probably will take you 1/10th of the time it would to make an equivalent set in 3U or 4U
I've done 30 or so high rank A. Rathalos/Rathalos combined quests to get my rathalos lance and I still need a single fucking rathalos ruby to get the final lance.

What's the endgame? Dropping streamstone to unlock the def cap and weapon slots, and hoping to drop decos/melding them?

Play GS

>character does the animation for a rare carve
>it's a plate

I'm a loner so I'm actually enjoying the new system

Were living in a world where people defend paid dlc and preorder event quests in a mh game

But hey atleast you got dem grefix right?

Rising through the ranks and getting better stuff isnt ripped off because literally all games with gear/ranks do this. You are dumb.

do the same math for the other games then. I'll wait.

Spam charged double slash to build up charge, use charge to fill vials, use phials to power up shield, proceed to spam amped elemental discharge

How was HBG in previous games?

It's the first game I'm using it and holy crap it's fun. I'm still in LR and haven't used the shield modifier. Is it that good?

What are some of the better LBGs and HBGs? I've heard Odagaron LBG and Legiana HBG are the best.

>haven't used the shield modifier
Just play LBG then.

>b b but other gaem

Other game didnt have a pathetic 31 small roster

>b b but grafix

I dont give a fuck. I dont play for graphics and yoir graphics dont matter when you sacrifice 66% of content for it

>do investigation with gold reward
>it's three copies of [common item]

>that one guy in the thread that keeps saying "bros"

HBG is consistently among the strongest weapons in just about every game.
Are people actually using the Shield modifier in World? I shove all my mods onto reload for the ability to move while doing it.

It is the best Monster Game I've playedand agree however that it does have its flaws.

>almost every monster
That's kind of them.

time for some sun buddy

Find a flaw

No VF fighter jet bugs defending it.

It's not going to be in World because of its skeleton doesn't play nice the game's engine.

It's not in world so it's bad. World only includes high quality monsters like Uragaan and bone Uragaan

hit the monster with sword until sword red. load phials into shield. hit monster with sword until sword red again. Lunge attack, shield thrust into Elemental Discharge, then interrupt element discharge with R to shift back to sword consuming your phials into your shield charge. then load your shield with the charge you prepared for your sword. shield thrust, then Super Amped Elemental Discharge.

Next you hit the monster until your swords red, load phials into your shield, then hit the monster until your sword is red again. then SAED load phials and SAED again. repeat this paragraph until either shield charge wears off or the monster dies. if shield charge wears off, go back to the beginning and start from there.

Congratulations you've mastered MHW's charge blade, if you want to show off how good you are and how much time you've put into the weapon you can choose to master the "press and hold traingle after loading shield to charge sword with phail energy" technique

Its too good to the point that it makes everything in World look like shit

So I killed the two tempered Belzes.
How do I find more tempered monsters?

man i love playing monster hunter solo, and World is way too easy because you can't play multiplayer health monsters solo anymore. Soloing Dalamudar was one of my favorite achievements in MH4U. In world Soloing Xeno'jiiva is a joke.

I love the game and the bitter trolls can keep getting salty all they want, it won't make the game any less enjoyable for me :3

Also, is it necessary to maximize skills and stuff for end game? Just finished Xeno and I've always stuck with my Kadachi set for aesthetic purposes but hearing /MHG/ talk about late game it seems like I would have to make sacrifices in order to continue...

At least it’s a little more complex that hammer’s “hold R2, press O, smack face, spam O when monster knocked down, rinse and repeat”

Tracking unfortunately. It fucking sucks and is why I’m taking a break right now

only flaw is that she isn't in a game where there can be 3 seltas and her loaded at the same time. I want a seltas queen to rapid fire those suckers at me.

at least hammer has to bother hitting the monster in the face. a SAED doesn't give a shit where in the monster it hits as long as the phials hit.

is it worth making weapons with negative affinity? Diablos weapons seem pretty neat but they always have like -30% affinity but really high raw attack.

Or if they weren't dumb and just showed all hunters in the quest in the opening cutscene if someone hadn't done that hunt before.

>mommy, I wanna fight azure, pink, blue, green, emerald, chaos, dark demon, purple versions of every single enemy from all gens too instead of new ones!

yes, Diablos weapons are pretty much the only good weapons at endgame thanks to Non-elemental boost.

Sounds like when I was upgrading my Rathalos lance in 4U
That thing is fucking cursed I tell you

kech

Yeah youre right. I want to fight pink and azure raths in world. Then maybe an uragaan with bones ductaped to him and to finish it off a pink deviljho and royal ludroth without the spunges

Bone Uragaan is great though

I want a Seltas queen that attaches a Seltas to each limb and one hanging from her tail for more stabbing power

>Not Clunky enough
Wait are you telling me the old Monster Hunter games control even fucking worse?

Should have taken the time to farm the tempered Bazel's tracks. Enjoy going on expeditions and finding 1-2 tracks per map.

He'll make it into World right?

>Also, is it necessary to maximize skills and stuff for end game?
You can beat everything naked if you're crazy enough, build for fashion if you want. Decorations and charms make it easy to get at least a couple of skills you want without sacrificing aesthetics, you just won't be able to get some ultimate meme set with 20 maxed out attack skills that way.

nah

you can clownsuit if you want to minmax, but you can complete all the content in your skivvies if that's what you prefer. it just might take you a bit longer to finish hunts since your damage won't be optimal.

I just want a Diablos carapace for my new lance. Is that so much to ask? Also, I don't know how armor abilities work or how they get leveled up. Also, can lances break tails?

yeah man, you got so much variety in world. You've got Rathalos, Azure Rathalos, Girl Rathalos, Pink girl rathalos, Bat Rathalost, Biceratops Rathalos, Black Biceratops Rathalos, Poison Gecko Rathalos. And that's before the wonderful endgame variety that is
Kushala Daora, Blast Kushala Daora, Miasma Kushala Daora, and Kirin.

Combat is basically the same, Gathering items takes way longer though.

>. Story missions can't be started together unless one of you has already completed the mission

Lmao I can't believe faggots are still spouting this nonsense.

All you have to do is see the cutscene and dip out, then you guys can all join on one hunt and do it together, you don't have to actually finish the mission haha

The game been out for weeks yall still havent figured this out?

I'm assuming you need PSCuck+ to play this?

The only actually clunky ones were the first two where you attacked with the right stick, because they let some absolute madman design the controls, and the handheld game because handhelds. They played fine really but they either expected you to contort your hand in a retarded way or just had an awkward layout for MH in the first place, especially for gunner weapons.

Only for multiplayer

Kill a diablos then, Carapaces arent that rare.
Armor skills should be pretty self explanatory, you get more levels of them by equipping more pieces with the skill. and yes Lances deal Slashing damage so they can cut tails. the only weapons that can't cut tails are Hammer and hunting Horn although bowguns can only cut tails with slicing ammo, and i think bows have to use either their melee attack or the dragon piercer to cut tails.

>first encounter against Kirin in MH4U with SnS
>gg ez
>first encounter against Kirin in MH World with SnS
>destroys me

what the fuck
>

Don’t worry about affinity weakness exploit negates it. At least as far as hammers goes Diabolos is king

>the only weapons that can't cut tails are Hammer and hunting Horn
HH can actually cut tails with their little handle bop attack, just don't expect to get a tail off in a timely manner using only that.

Flop means that it fails to sell a decent amount of copies

>According to nintenbros? No its not clunky enough

Fixed for you.

>actually going into the crafting screen in the middle of a hunt

You guys know you can put crafting recipes on the radial menu, right

Fucking savage.

>only able to craft a single flash bomb in the radial menu

>do odog investigation 15 min with 1 cart
>carve plate off tail
>crave plate off body
>two plates in the rewards
>wanted a gem
God damn it

Most I've enjoyed a MH in a long while. If I had gripes I'd say that it's endgame is lacking, dungpods should be better and not a "send the monster to the next area yours is about to go to" button, maps need to be all on Ancient Forests level, more mons.

Damn near all of it can be fixed via a G-rank update.

Ok thanks bunch.

I fucking HATE the endgame. Grinding for tempered investigations is the biggest fucking chore I've ever had to do in a videogame. I wouldn't mind the grindy nature of rolling for decorations if I didn't need to roll an entirely separate set of dice to even get access to the quests I need. This shit is making endgame with my group friends a nightmare, I'm tired of getting tempered fights with 4 rewards but a player limit of 2, or a fight with 2 rewards but the whole party can come along. That's not even the worst part, once you finally do get the quest you want you can only do a set number of times, win or lose.

>dungpods should be better and not a "send the monster to the next area yours is about to go to" button
Eh they've always had that problem. Before you could work around it by just bombing the monster that was in the area the longest to give yourself a bigger window, but now the extra monster will try to follow you if you do that.

That bugged me for maybe a minute before I realized I could just hold L1 and rapid-tap the right stick. You can still craft all 3 flash pods in under a second.

And you can even do it while you're stunned or knocked in the air or whatever, it's great.

>Kill a diablos then, Carapaces arent that rare
I know. And yet after four hunts these bastards refuse to yield any.
>you get more levels of them by equipping more pieces with the skill
Ooohh, I didn't know it was a stacking thing. Cool, thanks.

question!

Does gunlance shells apply elemental damage? or is it always the same and only effected by artillery? Like would shots apply sleep status or no with a sleep GL?

Just in case i'm gonna ask, you are hunting High rank Daiblos right? because Carapace is a High rank only material.

I am more retarded than you realize.

That's why you dung pod your own target and follow it to another area, rather than the new monster that showed up to annoy you.

>we've been fighting a monster in the same area for a few minutes already and get interrupted by Bazel or something
>buddy dung pods Bazel even though our own target was just about to leave anyway

Shells do fixed damage that is only affected by shell level and the artillery skill. There might be a food skill that affects them too actually. but aside from that nothing else affects them. So no, they don't deal elemental or status damage.

damn, thnx

Shells do a bit of fire damage regardless of weapon element
I fucking wish they did element or status. Would make shelling a lot more useful even without going full Artillery. Especially if there was a multiplier on the element or a guaranteed hit of status instead of the 1/3rd chance on regular attacks.

What is your favorite roar in Monster Hunter World?

452 Hours to platinum

Bagel boy has a good roar

Sounds like you need a pal with a hunting horn :^)

Legiana

Last Monster Hunter I played that I could put up with was MH on PS2. The PSP had bad controls, so did the 3ds and the Wii U version just wasn't for me.

With all this online stuff, I gotta ask. Are SOS flares the way to go? Both using them in your own missions and joining on others for a grind.
I'm pretty low level, so when I join a lobby, every quest available/posted is out of my reach pretty much.

>pretty fucking short*

Not a roar, but Legiana's cry when you smack/flash bomb it out of the air is the best thing I ever heard in these games.

I always SOS when grinding just to spice things up but I tend to go solo when doing missions for the first time.

Having a right stick to control the camera is for the scummiest of scrubs.

>tfw I send people my guild card and they don't send theirs back

I want that gay trophy too.

I solo'd everything at first, but there's a lot of recycling as far as kill X monster on Y map later on so I'd SOS a bunch later cause it's more fun. Also, did some shit later with friends. Soloing is tough, but it's also pretty rewarding. You really learn how to fight the monster instead of just mobbing it with 3 other people. Though that is fun, too.

Fuck you. Stop spamming my guild card receive box.

the first mh was heavily, heavily based on pso.

>beat Generations a while ago
>XX is in moonrunes
>World isn't out on PC until fall

god damn it I wanna stab some dragons, what the fuck do I play until fall?

reddit

how was the crown farming?

4 Ultimate was better.

>there will never be a theme as good as frozen seaway
I hope to god not every song is an orchestra next game

Tempered Jyuratodus is best monster i love that fishy fish.

>piss easy to fight
>only level 1 flame but good rewards and quick kills
>has tracks all over the fucking place so i usually end up getting 2 more tempered investigations per hunt

sure i probably should be working on getting my weapon augments but it's nice to go back and stomp something easy.

An hour ago I joined a tempered Jyuratodus hunt with 1 cart because who the fuck carts to Jyura?

The lesson is never join 1 cart pub investigations.

yeah, 1 cart hunts are for solo only

I'm new to this series so I'm thinking I'm going to play freedom unite first.

surprisingly good graphics for PSP.

How come the arena times are so challenging? I keep doing it with a partner and we always end up 20/30 seconds above A rank and i'm not a shitter.

How do I get more tempered monster hunts?

the games get better from there from a core mechanics standpoint, it's more than a bit unpolished but is probably second for content, 4U i think topped it in the content department.

World is probably the easiest entry point.

Isn't this game mostly MP?

Show me your hunters.
Not the face, I wanna see your fashion sense.

Wrong, you can actually put crafting commands. He’s not talking about trying to equip flashpod and it automatically making a flash pod. It’s a huge part of what made slicing ammo so OP because you could just craft more on the fly quickly.

pick up tempered monster tracks.

need 1 flame? go to center camp (6) in wildspire wastes and head straight out. you should see a tempered barroth snot to your left 50% of the time and if you continue forward another tempered barroth snot 100% of the time.

if you unlocked 3 flame elder dragon hunts continue further to the right path where the spires are at and there should be a teostra fur bit 100% of the time.

once you find these 2-3 tempered tracks go somewhere else and come right back and repeat until you have some investigations to do

is 4U on citra emu?

even though I haven't really gotten citra to work well for my pc. PPSSPP just works so well , I just got freedom unite instead.

You can play the whole game solo.

The content is a little easy and lacking, but I found the game really enjoyable. Hopefully they add some of my favourite monsters.

yeah but its 60 bucks. I'll wait for a price drop.

>Beat Zorah magdaros finally.
>Start farming his event.
>5 missions done not a single gem.
Oh. So this is where the grind begins.

I told myself I wouldn't go for the crown grind but then nonsense like this happens and I'm tempted.

Didn't even notice it that much. Have other goals in mind like getting all armor and all weapons on the end of a tree so naturally I will be grinding and ended up just getting the crowns. I haven't even finished the armor and weapon stuff.

Basically it will be less frustrating if you just have a set goal for yourself rather than going in with the idea that you will be grinding for crowns.

But would I'll be missing out on stuff. Seem like it's supposed to be MP.

>the flying things from coral highlands

YOU CAN CATCH THOSE?

i have the physical copy so i never bothered with emulators. maybe somebody else can chime in

anyway game recommendations per gen:

Gen 1: generally avoid gen 1 it's really rough
Gen 2: Freedom Unite
Gen 3: 3 Ultimate
Gen 4: 4 Ultimate (bonus: generations/XX if you like flashier attacks)
Gen 5: World (first game in a new generation so light on content but more is coming)

Trust me, don't farm Zorah. His """fight""" sucks, his equipment is not that good in the long run, and you should be moving on to harm HR monsters anyway.

Shoot it with a rock or something and it falls without dying.

>his equipment is not that good in the long run
But it looks great.
>and you should be moving on to harm HR monsters anyway.
W-will I be alright? Honestly I'm a bit nervous.

Terrible

thanks

No.

1 cart/15 minute investigations have a higher chance for a small crown. Investigations at 3 or fewer chances remaining have a higher chance for large crown.

Enjoy the grind.

There's a little secret area outside nearby the 3rd camp where they fly low enough to snag with a net. I have two in my house. They're neat.

I really lile Vaals basic roar, the one that doesn't flinch you and is high pitched.

Yeah, I was using mostly LR Legiana up until mid HR with no problems.

There's also good, easy-to-make HR armor like Dober which is an upgraded Bone. Zorah is a waste of time and I regret farming him.

t. someone with 4 Zorah gems

HR isn't that hard, you don't need zorah armor to keep progressing.

>Yeah, I was using mostly LR Legiana
I've been using that set for a long time, I love it. Alright I'll start kicking other monster ass. Thanks.
>t. someone with 4 Zorah gems
Damn that sounds painful. I wasn't going to bother with the legs, really just wanted the greatsword because it looks cool but maybe I'll leave that to some other time when I'm bored.

How the fuck are people breaking Xeno'Jiiva's horns?

Or is it because my Buona Flora is a fucking feather duster that I can't break this bastard's skull?

THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
>THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
>THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
>THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
>THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.
>THE GEUSE IS LOOSE.

maybe
I break the head every time, but I do it with HBG so I can always hit his head no matter what. I imagine it's a bit tougher for melee.

I mean I have 4 Zorah gems because I would just do his optional quest whenever it showed up. I wasn't aiming for anything in particular, just figured it might be useful if I needed Zorah materials later.

Then I never used them.

They literally hand non E.Dragon rubies to you for free. The fuck are you doing wrong?

That B-52 armor man, so much style.

>47 minutes to take down Kirin in MH World by myself with SnS

Did they buff Kirin or what? Jesus Christ, guys

>just wearing the male odog alpha with the odog beta chest
It's a pretty good set for my weapon.

I need wyvern rubies for the E. Babel lance as well as just about every end game lance. Almost every tree requires them, it's nuts.

youtube.com/watch?v=ObJV_PITRjA

They did buff him, but that's still pretty bad. Aim for sub 15.

Holy shit, am I doing something wrong to get simple attack gem 1's?
Throughout my entire playthrough I have got 1 attack gem, and it was just a normal drop from a random quest I'm pretty sure.

Yes, but you're also using a terrible weapon for him. You need something with reach to consistently hit his head, otherwise you'll be doing fuck all damage the whole hunt.

>Obnoxious health pool.
>Constantly charges.
>Easily enrages.
>lol randumb electric attacks.
>Only weak spot is it's horn.
Now you know why Kirin is considered the worst fight in MH:W.

ive been farming tempered elders for about 4 days, havent gotten a second one yet, guess my luck isnt the only shit luck

Nope, they're just super hard to get. Everyone gets the freebie at the start just as a tease.

Not really. If you have friends that play, sure, it's fun, but playing with randoms can destroy your sanity.

You mean the weapon type, right? The weird thing is that Ihad no trouble dealing with him as an SnS user in 4U.

He feels like a WoW raid boss this time, a few mistakes and I'm out, when he enrages my damage output goes to zero, can't get more than two or three weak ass hits at a time, can't shield bash most of the time due to the height of his head...

Nah I can consistantly smack him in the head with my saxe and get the break

Zorah armor is great for my Gunlance build, and looks fly as fuck.

He's much bigger on average than he was in 4U in addition to being buffed to deserve the Elder Dragon title. I think they also made Kushala like twice as big unless I'm just going crazy.

is the barroth tree sword and shield the best paralysis one available? it has so much attack power compared to the other ones. is it better to have a higher element or attack power?

World's Kirin, on average, is way bigger than his earlier counterpart, so short range weapons have a much harder time in this game.

>had to specifically get max Stun Resistance + Thunder Resistance and use a Farcaster to restock on potions to kill tempered Kirin with GS without carting

Man, fuck Kirin.

If I didn't wanna go the whole diablo bow with elementless jewel route, what would be the best bow to aim for? I'm getting into the bow.

I always tend to think that if you're using a status element weapon, you want the status to kick in as fast and as often as possible, so I usually go with higher element / status. I'm a shitter though, so I might be wrong.

>tfw staying in his face constantly and countering his lightning with Lance
People can call it a bitch weapon all they want, but that weapon is tailor made for fighting that prick.

what is she thinking about?

If you don't want to go for elementless you need to eventually get a bunch to exploit elemental weakness. Tobi Kodachi is a solid start though.

Fuck no, fuck off subhuman shill.

List of problems with Monster Hunter World:

>Healing while running, can dodge while healing, move while shooting
>Many other actions can also be dodged out, including sharpening
>Traps are placed almost instantly
>Weapons in general are more mobile and stronger, think adept + brave movesets from XX combined
>Except for the hunting horn, the weakest weapon in 4U and Generations, which got NERFED in World
>Even easier mounting thanks to much lower mounting threshold (sometimes activating the mount after 1 hit) and the aforementioned grappling hook, which takes you right back into the monster even if you fall off as a consequence of an attack
>Environment recovers health, puts the monster to sleep, paralyzes it, etc.
>Can refill your items anytime, including potions
>Mantles give you OP abilities like no knockback, never be seen by the monster unless you attack or a full new health bar
>Monsters do not adapt to these changes, resulting in an incredibly easy game from start to finish
>Monsters have been given more generous weakspots, the main examples of this being Rathalos getting an 80 (!) MV on its head, and Diablos with a 40 MV in its head for blunt weapons. What this means is that monsters die much more quickly, as well as making them more exploitable
>31 Large monsters, most of them are tutorials, gimmicks or irrelevant
>It has the worst High rank final boss in the entire series
>Areas are huge and can be confusing, chasing down the monster takes a lot longer than in previous games, to the point where hunts can be 50% chasing and 50% hunting
>3 monsters per area means monsters encounters are much more common, making cheap hits from attacks you can’t see or getting combed by 2 monsters at the same time much more common. It wouldn’t be so much of a problem if dung was easy to farm, however they made it even more annoying and time consuming than before.

Continuing on the next post.

How to massage Rathalos' prostate

>Bullshit was added to the fights to try to make up for the lack of challenge. One example is tempered Teostra, which can roar without any warning and then use a strong attack like the ranged explosion and kill a gunner in one hit for quite literally no fault of their own.
> Tremors, wind stun and others were made to last much longer and added to a lot of attacks also for this reason
>Heartbeat shows about how much health the monster has left
>No G-Rank, though it is expected from the first game in a generation
>90% of the weapons in the game are reskins of the bone and iron weapon models, with monster parts glued on it. Contrary to popular belief, this does not change in high rank, the weapons still look the same.
>New skill system removes negative skills and is dumbed down for the masses
>No gunner armor
>Soundtrack feels generic in certain areas and a step down from older games
>The music for past monsters was changed for the worse
>Pre order bonuses and day 1 DLC
>DLC is overpriced content that should've been in the game in the first place
>Events now cost money as well
>Quests only available only during a certain timeframe
>Guild and village quests were merged, amount of quests lowered drastically
>Lobby system is garbage
>So is the squad system
>Playing the story missions with other people is bad, with you needing to see the cutscene first, then send an SoS signal, only then, other people can join.
>Can't give rooms names, nor give them a password
>Only way to reliably play with randoms is to use the SoS system
>No way to play offline without turning off the internet
>The chat is awful and encourages people to not use it
>Loading is much longer than before, with quests needing two different loading screens
>You can't pause the game
>Transmogging removed, only decorative armor are the ones you have to buy as DLC
>Only 1 palico is allowed, no different classes

Feel free to add to the list

Image seems a little cherry picked. Shouldn't it only have the first title of each gen?

Imagine being this butthurt over anything.

She's reading a list of other Hunting Horn users.

So the argument is that in MH:W you can gather a lot of materials entering an area a single time, and this makes the game worse because you do not have to

>use an inventory slot to carry a mining tool(but if you want ore, you don't need to carry much else so inventory is meaningless)
>carry a limited number of mining tools that cost money(but the cost is so low it is inconsequential compared to the value of the ore)
>the tool would eventually be consumed(causing you to simply buy more tool because again the cost does not matter) OR
>the tool would be consumed/the ore spots would despawn/your inventory would fill, causing you to return to town to box/sell/buy new tools(note that there is literally no skill involved in mining in either game, you are guaranteed to succeed at the base task of identifying an ore node, hitting the MINE button and putting rocks in your backpack)

The only meaningful difference is that in one game you have to sit through more frequent load screens to prove to imaginary people who don't care that you're the more Elite Hunter because you endured Slightly More Tedium. Note that in both cases it is impossible to tell who spent more time or "skill" mining, they are wearing armor and you wouldn't know or care what that entailed unless you asked or they vomited it at you that spending an additional hour of their life being inconvenienced made them better than your casual experience.

The Absolute State Of Monster Hunter Elitists.

woah, had no idea MH4 had so many large monsters on release

all the gaudy as fuck death stuff

Tobi's soft roar plus lightning flicking is excellent.

I got the one before that and think I'm only a claw or 2 off that, so I will get that next, also got that kuku blast bow, archer dance III or something...

yeah, that's why it's just an 8/10 game

WRONG -- she's thinking about dancin'

I might be crazy but every time Tzitzi roars I hear the DMC4 menu confirmation noise

Now remove all the reskins and repost your list.

>one game you have to sit through more frequent load screens
I don't get this train of though, they just replaced the loading screens with hallways. The zone boundaries took like a quarter of a second to load into.

I've put around 60 hours into the game and am at HL 14 or so.

I am seeing people at HR 60 and shit.

I'm guessing it becomes much easier to increase HR, after some point? Then again, I am fighting a bunch of monsters over again, in order to get various gear.

How is more mobile weapons in any way a bad thing? How is using the environment anything but a fun addition? How is a vague indicator of what kind of state the monster's in a bad thing, as opposed to just beating on it and waiting for it to fall over out of nowhere? What the fuck are you on about?

It only had 10~ new large monsters if you don't count recolors, but htey populated it with old ones from previous games.

>using the helmet
It's worthless.

The game caps you at certain ranks until you complete certain quests, 14 is one of them

You'll literally jump from HR 14 to 29, then again from 29 to like 49 or so.

It allows me to get Uragaan's set bonus while not hurting aesthetics. And aesthetics are key. See the aesthetic stupid mish-mash here

>shitters without lightning resistance dying to Kirin
>tfw I'm sitting behind my gunlance laughing as Kirin does 0 damage

I meant to go back and forth to the vendors that sell the pickaxes, i.e. the town vs hunt loading screens. The original point was that being able to gather mats during an ordinary hunt was too casual and therefore BAD.

>helmet disappears during cutscenes
i fucking hate this, I dont need to see my hunters stupid potato face (which looks nothing like how i made it in the CC) and prefer the expressiveness more

if only there was an option for that in the options menu...

>>No way to play offline without turning off the internet
This is the worst part. Starting up the game, it AUTOMATICALLY brings you to the "sign up for PS+ :^)" page before letting you even press start.
Then, every time you got on an expedition the game specifically makes remarks like "you can't access online things because you're offline! Wowee!" The most tongue-in-cheek "buy ps+" jab ever.

Are you an idiot? Hit options.

>Charge Blade
>Trying to get Attack+7, Artillery+3, Capacity Up, Earplugs 5 and Weakness Exploit all into 1 build.
Fuck...I get can it all besides Weakness Exploit 3, just 1, the rest I have though.
Hows that for skills, first monhun so not to sure, but done some research and think its ok.

My biggest complaint other than the online is the massive retardation just to fight shit. Currently trying to raise HR to 49 through tempered fights but wow is running through the expeditions looking for tracks for 30 minutes unfun as fuck.

>not wearing the full guide set and just gemming in thunder resistance
>not having twelve decoration slots on your armor while looking nice as fuck, while getting better rewards from monsters
Suit yourself non-arena pleb.

Ok. Removing Azure Rathalos, Pink Rathian, Radobaan, Juryadorus and Black Diablos, MHW has an staggering 25 monsters! What a great game!

>more mobile weapons
Monsters weren't made to adapt to it, making the game easier.

>How is using the environment anything but a fun addition
Makes the game braindead and easier, it takes away from the gameplay to play a cutscene of an area being destroyed. Also makes so bad players can defeat a monster without even trying by using the environment.

>How is a vague indicator of what kind of state the monster's in a bad thing
Makes the game easier, since you don't require to think about the Monster HP while fighting in capture quests.

>muh skills

Just get the gear you think it's coolest, preferably a matching set, and go and kill monsters. Everything dies in 10 minutes anyway. Autistically shaving seconds with min max autism is not worth it.

Just join r9 online investigations you fucking retard

Most of them were 1st and 2nd gen ports.
MH4U is a lot about quantity, which is nice, but those monsters were still shit.
Capcom also reuses things like skeletons and animations, all the time. If you think a monster is unique, it probably isn't, Odogaron is a good example, as he is based on the Garons from Frontier.

And before you mention 4th gen monsters, outside of the main ones like Gore, Shag, or Gog, or the spiders, most of them probably aren't completely new either.

Is that the set you get with arena coins? The gem slots were good but the skills were terrible.

>Earplugs 5
Doesn't charge blade have a shield?
Just fucking counter/block roars.

Your not done until you beat all quests and the hr100 quest.

streamable.com/o2z1w

Have you bullied Pao yet today?

Basically this. Find 2-3 skills you think would be fun with a weapon, and use that. Only min / max casually by just doing hunts and collecting shit as you play.

>Didn't remove the monsters from the other games

Diablos set or a level 2 decoration

The helmet beta has divine protection 2 while having three slots.
You can gem in thunder resist 3 on top of divine protection 2. It's a straight upgrade compared to his helm.

How do you hide the menu

Doing every optional quest up to 7 star got me to HR45-ish after unlocking. It shouldn't be that much of a grind to 49.

Don't get me wrong, I went for looks first, see though I need to change my gloves.
it just so happens Some of the parts have skills I like, namely Earplugs, and I can gem in/charm for other skills.

First monhun, didn't even know you could block roars, shiiiit.
I hardly use the shield, most of the times its quicker to just dodge and keep attacking.

The online system is ok for me. So far most of the time ive spent was getting into SOS requests and hunt with random strangers. Pretty fun. Only encountered 2 jackasses in my time of playing since release.

Until I get the set bonus gem for Uragaan, I need that armor.

It's in options.

I'm happy you anons stuck with it.

Fuck off and die tripfag.

Stay on topic and discuss video games.
What was your favorite monster in World, user?