Doesn't appear in Directs

>doesn't appear in Directs
>doesn't appear in events (other than the Switch event from a year ago)

Who is the face of Nintendo these days?
Ever since Iwata passed, the Directs have been very few and disjointed. They don't follow a theme anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/pKVhgYMY4h/#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this guy

Probably Reggie. Or the bloke who made Odyssey, but I still can't remember his name so guess not.

Miyamoto still

Tony Hawk

he barely ever appeared in Directs and he doesn't really have a presence in the company other than showing up at events.
Reggie is only for NA and Europe somewhat. Japan isn't even much aware of him

Hopefully these two.
I want to see the actual artists on the spotlight.

Nah, they were only prevalent during 2017 because of BotW and Odyssey

Koizumi.

pretty much this, hes pretty much gonna be shiggy diggy's replacement when he finally croaks

can't wait, koizumi is fucking based compared to miyamoto

yes
he is sympatic as fuckkkk
also he is one of the youngster as far as i got it?

lol
who is relevant now?
who is making kirby and yoshi?

No human being should be the "face" of a company. They should brand themselves with the products they produce. Mario is the face of Nintendo and has been since the NES.

not really no, his first credit is for LTTP. He was directing by sunshine

He's almost 50. The people behind Splatoon are the real youngster.

Koizumi is the general producer of the Switch console, and he was the main presenter for the Switch presentation. His relevance goes beyond just Mario Odyssey.

Koizumi

you forgot
>was only meant to be a substitute president while they found a suitable replacement
>they have yet to find a replacement
>noone is questioning it

Why should they?

Miyamoto and Takeda were the temporary leaders before the new president was selected. Kimishima is not a substitute president.

Based Koizumi. Why is he so likeable bros?

Because he likes to put stories in his game but Miyamoto hates it.

Tatsumi was there during the presentation.

He has experience and personality. There's a reason why Nintendo gets much more spotlight than Sony in terms of love for the team. They're not afraid to be themselves. Hell look at how they advertised Splatoon. They legit just don't give a fuck.

instagram.com/p/pKVhgYMY4h/#

>that video

based af

He is the suitable replacement, he's running the company better than Iwata ever did.

Has koizumi ever made a less than outstanding game?

I don't know, how was Donkey Kong Jungle Beat?

DELET

Iwata had a unique presentation style and Japanese fans loved him because he was very weird and against the grain, but that unfortunately rubbed shareholders the wrong way. Kimishima is the fucking model of a Japanese businessman, he recognizes that it's best to let others be the face of Nintendo while he does presidential stuff in the background. Koizumi does a great job anyway.

>YOU WILL UNDERSTAND

Masterpiece.

One of the youngest of the key people at least. He's 49 while people like Aonuma, Miyamoto, Iwata, and Tatsumi are in their 50s and 60s.

>The one behind the lock-on system in Oot
>Wrote the story for Majora's Mask and came up with the 3 day cycle mechanic
>Directed Galaxy and came up with the gravity mechanic
>Always pushes for more story

How can he be so BASED?

True

He also is responsible for alttp and Link's awakening stories, but sadly Miyamoto wasn't very fond of how Koizumi focused more on story rather than gameplay even though he already did a very good job.

Thankfully it seems they're giving him much more freedom nowadays.

the trade minister is a busy man

Considering the success of the switch, who cares about finding a "real" replacement?
Iwata wishes he was ever this successful.

Also

The only time I remember Miyamoto complaining about Koizumi putting too much emphasis on story is Super Mario Galaxy, and I can see his point of view there since Miyamoto is the kind of guy who thinks every element must serve the gameplay and motivate the player to keep playing while Rosalina's backstory was something pretty much entirely disconnected from the rest of the game both in tone and placement, basically lore for lore's sake. Miyamoto never complained about putting story in Zelda since he knew it was an important aspect to motivate the player in that kind of game.

I always disliked the miyamoto hate for the sake of hating. What arw they trying to prove? Their knowledge about video games? Of course he has done a few things wrong like sticker star, but people act like he is a complete hack.

>Considering the success of the switch, who cares about finding a "real" replacement?
Kimishima very recently said that he's always trying to make sure to leave things in good order for when his successor is found, so that's definitely not off the table even though he's doing a great job. He's getting pretty old anyway.

>Iwata wishes he was ever this successful.
Um, about that...

Your mom is getting really old.

Yeah, she's just a few years younger than Kimishima, but she's not retirement age yet like he is.

Actually Miyamoto is right in a lot of things, I don't hate the guy but he's not the big videogame genius that people make him to be nowadays, he can be wrong with a lot of things and he has been very out of touch with his fanbase for a long time.

Plus the DS. And 3DS.

He's Japanese, he can live to be like 100.

Paper mario fans are mad and are constantly blaming someone.

Yes he gives off a vibe that he never really understood what people liked in his games to begin with.

Can't blame them.
PM > TTYD > Huge gap > super > sticker > color
They basically got fucked over by the mario and luigi ip which replaced the RPG elements from paper mario into an adventure game.

Pretty sure he's been quoted as saying something along the lines of "fans don't know what they want in a game so it's my job to tell them what they want".
You can either agree with him or call him arrogant.

I really miss my Jigga Iwata

And that mentality is why he has fucked over so many fans over the time and a lot people are starting to get sick of his way of handling things.

>Reggie.
I thought he got put on hiatus when NoJ got tired of NoA refusing to cash in on waifus.

Lowkey best Nintendo exec coming through.

I think it worked better in the old days. People wanted a direct Mario World sequel and he throws Yoshi's Island at them.
But then the Wii comes out and he thought Wii Music was going to be greatest thing ever.