Why are fighting games so unpopular online despite having a vocal fanbase?

Why are fighting games so unpopular online despite having a vocal fanbase?

majority of fans are black

It just baffles me that brawlhalla dwarfs tekken and SFV, you'd never even think that just from hearing what people say about these games.

And then you realize that rocket league dwarfs brawlhalla, and dota dwarfs that, while real fighting games can't get over 5k concurrent players.

>PC
>Fighting games

guilty gear is more active on pc than console and pretty much all tekken pros and top players play on pc

They are hard
Casuals get the game play for a bit with the AI and think they are hot shit then go online and get raped for 3 sets straight before quitting the game and never playing again
This is because they think fighters are like any other game with an online component, where you can play the main offline mode for a bit and then hop online for some fun
Also if you lose a round on anything online on your first try you are more likely than not to not come back again
Gears 2 demonstrated that by rigging first time online players to make their characters online OP (being able to tank more health and have a more aggressive aim assist) making first time players almost always win and thus ensuring they would come back thinking they can be good at the game online

>guilty
>console
only in america
Japan, aka the only place that matters for guilty is arcade/console only

>Any platform
>Fighting games

Two games that literally no one plays.

what? tekken is the second most popular fighter behind dbfz

>Gears 2 demonstrated that by rigging first time online players to make their characters online OP (being able to tank more health and have a more aggressive aim assist) making first time players almost always win and thus ensuring they would come back thinking they can be good at the game online
actually kind of genius.

because fighting games are shit and when you play one you played them all. its all about picking the most safe and broken character that has the most advantage over one another.
and fucking superpauses in every fucking game like its shitty MUGEN

Why do normalfags only play shitty popular video games?

You can't compare f2p to full priced release...

>capcbroolds can't deal with the fact that tekken gapes sfv in popularity and has twice the amount of players and is THE competitive fighting game of this generation

Because melee is better local.

but that's not a fighting game, you just wanted an excuse to try and rile people up and post a meme

explain then why games like gg have almost entire roster present at evo
oh wait you won't because you are just another Cred Forums shitter too dumb to play a video game lmao

keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

if i was dumb i would be playing fighting games and thinking hes big shit in getting hype for something he only a spectatator in, lol

but I play both memelee and fighting games and rape the pasty college cucks at my locals, I know your type, you talk about the game, watch streams, talk about how melee is the hardest game ever on Cred Forums- but you're not actually good

I haven't bothered with competitive melee in 2 years, I know I'm bad. I still enjoy the game and watch some tourneys, but I don't really care much about it anymore.

unintelligible, as expected from Cred Forumsermin soy gamer

It's pretty average though.

A lot of the genre has very deep problems based on arbitrary memorization (directional inputs — contrasting MMOs' and other genres' simple hotkeys, or more specifically, how rewarding the APM, learning, and playing is for each).

Smash is fun though, albeit reduced by its air priorities.

Extremely difficult to get into, and not all that rewarding once you're in.

what if i agree with him but i farm locals

is my opinion still relevant or do you know me and my gaming history/accolades better than i do