Do you think that using classcial music in vidya is pretentious?

do you think that using classcial music in vidya is pretentious?

Other urls found in this thread:

h2g2.com/edited_entry/A8379219
twitter.com/AnonBabble

at this point I praise anything that stays away from rap/hip hop

No. I enjoy really much when it fits the setting.

Fpbp

do you think that using graphics in vidya is pretentious?

No, but it is in anime 90% of the time

>Is using real music pretentious

No.

cringe

>classical song written in 2018
>still uses LATIN as the language
Now THAT'S pretentious and also stupid.

Eh. If it's generic and boring it's going to be generic and boring no matter what genre. I just want some fucking dynamics and harmonies in my music.

No, unless you're exclusively using it for a villain theme.

I'm glad hiphop triggers you and the half of this board who bitch about it every time like the metalhead/alternative rock faggotrons you are, and I hope you never grow out of this horrendous phase so you stay the triggered babies you are with your faded cringey t-shirts and disgustingly long unkept manbaby hair. At least hiphop niggers try to promote some kind of swagger and desire to look like an alpha versus your your tryhard beta shit.

Im beginning to think that guy wasnt deaf

Depends on how it's used. If it's used at a part of the story that's supposed to be important but is stupid, then it's pretentious.

I just dont like niggers

It's not like he was born deaf. He still had decades where he composed before not being able to hear.

liking niggers and nigger music are two different things at this point, because anyone can make nigger music. You're just a basement dweller whose never partied.

Tarantino uses it to make violence classy, so why the fuck not?

What's the matter did a metalhead bully you lmao keep wearing your stupid saggy pants and a gold chain faggot

no

No I think any kind of music used properly can really help a game or make it more enjoyable in some way.
Homo

lurk moar, gay

>it's a japanese game about killing god using classical/latin chant music

You both sound underage b&

Actual classical - never, that stuff is often pretty good and can be used to great effect.
Generic Hollywood orchestra - Pretentious doesn't even begin to describe it.

How out of touch are you? No one wears baggy pants anymore.

you sound like an anti-Cred Forums shitposter or someone in his fuckin 30's (LMAO)

I gotta agree. Latin chanting in games (in most things in general) is getting pretty tired.

He said, saggy not baggy, Baggy pants are like what stereotypical skaters wear. Saggy pants are the kind that are worn by children who don't wear belts and have their shit stained undies on show.

the classical music in civ v was great

Using classical music outside of direct listening doesn't seem like a good idea. You really have to know how to listen to classical in order to appreciate it. Games take too much attention away from the music to really appreciate it in many cases.

If you want a symphonic soundtrack, that's another story.

Only if you don't actually have any understanding of the music.

He didn't say metal isn't shit, too.

Agreed, anyone else saying otherwise are triggered niggers.

You sound mad.

>You really have to know how to listen to classical in order to appreciate it
Why are you people so fucking pretentious? Of course I can go into some classical concert and enjoy myself without knowing what crazy ideas the composer had when composing it, or how the conductor is waving his hand in a special way. If I like how it sounds, I like how it sounds. Nothing special.

kys nigger

>tfw you will never be so assblasted that you have to type out a paragraph of bile.

>real music
as opposed to imaginary?

We aren't being pretentious. Classical has themes and structures you need to understand in order to fully appreciate. If you like it as background music, that's fine.

>You need to be up your ass to fully understand it
Something tells me you don't even know what pretentious is, because this post screams it

His music studies were impeccable. When he came to terms with him becoming deaf, he became a shut in, studying music, composing for himself rather than for children or the masses.
He's a pretty cool guy to be honest. He even wrote a letter to his family about all he was feeling. It's called "Immortal Beloved" if you're interested.

Just because Morzart is deaf doesn't mean I can't write music

t. hyperbrainlet

It shows in his string quartet works. Some of his most interesting music, personally.

What did he mean by this?

check this mongoloid

Beautiful stuff. My favorite being his quartet named "The Harp"

>keeps screaming pretentious
>doesn't know what it means
Educate yourself already: h2g2.com/edited_entry/A8379219