EVE Online thread

Another thread covering some of this just got archived, but can we trade stories about some of the wild shit that has happened in this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB
youtu.be/vifYelSTlMo
youtu.be/LmS9vcVNr5A?t=198
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodbath_of_B-R5RB

So what's the story behind OP pic

>and was possibly the largest player versus player battle in history. Pitting the Clusterfuck Coalition and Russian alliances (CFC/Rus) against N3 and Pandemic Legion (N3/PL)
Why does this have a fucking wikipedia page?

These "When you" memes are so fucking stupid and really ruin whatever you're trying to do.

>These "When you" memes are so fucking stupid and really ruin whatever you're trying to do.
youtu.be/vifYelSTlMo
>>>/reddit/

Leader of Goons (something awful) told a guy in the crowd at fanfest to kill himself. Telling someone to kys is one of the actual few ways you can get named in Eve but because Le Martini was in charge of a 27,000man guild at the time they let him off easy with a one month ban.

He was salty so they called the main trade hub with suicide ganking ships for a week which ruined the economy for months. Now they do it every year as a fun event and to try and stay relevant because the goons faded into obscurity.

Also now Eve has an in game suicide hotline as a result.

Does your shitty MMO have 7000 person battles lasting for 26h costing $300000 in losses?

>Named
Meant to write "get banned"

Okay that's what I thought it was about.
In that case, the picture is a bit misleading. The guy didn't actually commit suicide.

Some retard player on a convention panel just said on stage "here's this guy's screen name, you should harass him till he kills himself XDDD". Which is incredibly stupid and deserves a ban.

>when you are lumpy braindamaged wojak irl

An OC story that happened to my group and actually made Eve news
>Be small group of Aussies/kiwis in ass end of Syndicate
>Area is well known for small groups who do small gang pvp, no blob shit
>Get a new recruit
>Has a shady past but he's a cool guy so we just don't give him access to our assets.
>Month after he joins, some large group of Yuropoors that live 30 jumps away start camping our system
>They do this for weeks
>One night a bit of a big fight happens as we make a last stand
>We lose our Titan
>Turns out the new recruit stole 300bil from the Yuropoors before he joined us
>Took them a month to track down where he went
>Yurops gloating in local chat how they killed our Titan and how we're out of pocket now
>We kek in local and tell em well use their 300bil to buy 3 more
>They mad
>We play station games with them for 2 months, not feeding them any kills, just wasting their time
>They eventually get bored, salty and leave
>We move out 2 days later cuz we knew it'd piss them off
We play Life is Feudal now.

>people can create wikipedia articles about anything provided their e-peen is big enough

How autistic do you have to be to get into EVE? I've been considering it for a while.

Whatever happened to the recruit? Sounds like a big enough slight not to mention that you're a wanted thief with 300bil in your pocket.

As autistic or chill as you want. The spreadsheets shit is a meme made by bads.
It's a really open ended game with a lot of freedom so the hardest part is having a goal and knowing what you want to do. It's not like other MMOs that'll just handhold you to the next activity.

Once I get my desktop unfucked, I'll have to download it.

Scamming and theft is A-OK in Eve so the game's full of em. He was on their board of directors and had an argument with one of the Yuropoor leaders so when he left their Corp he took all their assets with him.
I forget his character name, this happened like 5-6 years ago. If he still plays he might even be in the remnants of the Corp but after Syndicate most of us went our own ways.

>In goonwaffe for years, market jewing and wormholing
>Getting bored of the game
>Run an investment fund, get way more lenders than I expected
>End up running off with 210b ISK
>Invest it wisely (sleeper salvage) before I go on hiatus, come back to 700b
>Start a wormhole corp
>Get bored of that, kick everyone and haul out 50b worth of loot
>My old members hire a merc corp to try and capture the towers, not know that I already evacced everything
>I hire my old-old goon wormhole corpmates to attack the group attacking my tower
>Tower attackers get slaughtered
>RMT everything for about $4200

I still wouldn't recommend the game to anyone. Too much nothing in between the moments of fun.

Can I play this game as a sight-seer?
Is there enough to see?
Will I be forced to grind or steal if I want to buy subscription time?

>>>/blacktwitter/
>>>/facebook/
>>>/snapchat/

youtu.be/LmS9vcVNr5A?t=198

>sleeper salvage
>tfw nanoribbons dropped harder than bitcoin

>Will I be forced to grind or steal if I want to buy subscription time?
Yes

I forget the exact items, but they made some of the near-valueless stuff have actual production uses. This was back in 2014

Do it. I recommend exploration for newbros. It's essentially flying around in a cheap scanning ship and looking through space ruins for loot. The loot gets better as you go into more hostile space.
Don't get into mining or mission running. That's how you either get bored and quit or turn into a carebear.

The only problem is EVE not holding your hand, so after tutorial you must use your social skills to get into community you like or die of boredom. Eve is the only MMO which really REQUIRES you interact with other people in order to achieve anything.

This game looks nice.
I was autistic enough to learn Space Station 13, would i be able to learn EVE?

tfw no more CQ

>I was autistic enough to learn Space Station 13, would i be able to learn EVE?

EVE is shit if you're autistic. It's only enjoyable if you're a suave, scamming ubermensch.

>ss13
>hard

Yes. Make sure to join a half decent corporation to help you learn the game. I would think twice about joining any corp related to /eog/.

Well i'm polish so this shouldn't be too hard

This sort of thing will become more common as virtual space plays a bigger role in the general public.

Virtual wars in other games or platforms, or even virtual wars waged for real resources will be compared to these huge battles in EVE.

This. It's a very socially driven MMO

>those last 10 seconds of the guy just screaming at the top of his lungs

EVE isn't complicated. It seems like masses of information and spreadsheets if you open every bit of UI and wiki every profession/mechanic at once. Truth is most of the game is fairly straight forward, you just need to pick 1/2 things at a time and learn them as you train.

Eve, ss13, dwarf fortress, ck2 communities overlap each other a lot. A lot of people play spess or Dorf while playing Eve at the same time.

No, the problem is that no corp wants a guy in a starting ship with no skills. You have to grind skills and isk for a good year before you're allowed to do anything fun. In other words, you have to be a jobless autist living with your parents to enjoy this game.

These things are great unintended social experiments (within limits ofc), just like the wow plague thing.

>tfw I figured out the leader of the corp I just joined was gay, lead him on for rapid access/privileges and stole their wallet (~500 members)

>mfw got full roles for a corp by making no sexual advances towards the asexual CEO

Fuck this guy. He doesn't know shit.
You can do plenty of shit right from the get go, even pvp. Any Corp that doesn't newbros is a Corp that's not worth joining.

Easy ways to make money as a newbro
>Exploration
>FW
>Project Discovery and other mini games
>Buying cheap shit in high sec and selling it in remote places at a 1000% mark-up
>PI
>Gas mining

Easy ways to pvp and ship types
>Solo roam
>FW
>Gate camp in a destroyer with a mate
>Ewar frigates
>Be a logibro
>Get in a shitskill cruiser, join an NPSI pickup roam in Jita (like Spectre fleet n such)
>High sec ganking

And and all of the above piss easy to do with a new character and very effective.
All the best pvp of in small ships anyway.

you people (I use this term loosely) are fucking pathetic.

Most women I've played with on mmos gravitate toward me because of this. Its a pain in the ass when they inevitably start fancying themselves your online girlfriend though

Some of the best corps in the game are specially made to recruit noobs

I had to kick my 50-man corp's only female member because the orbiters (every other member) were becoming insufferable. She was actually fine.

I can play the game for free and pure fun endlessly now without ever having to grind isk. Its great

Post the archived thread

What should I aim for as a missile focused caldari pilot? Specifically for small scale PVP

That's pretty sad. I can see why they get frustrated with online games

Caracal, jackdaw, kestrel.
skill minmatar as well so you can breacher, belli and cyclone.

Thanks. The missile based min ships are the ugly ones though

Depends on what you want to do. Station trading is at the high end of the spectrum while everything else just requires a lot of waiting around.
Waiting for skills
Waiting for ships to jump through the gate
Waiting for the Call To Arms to pop off and somebody invite you to the fleet.

That's basically what the entire game is about; waiting for shit to happen. Unless you're rich and/or have a lot of spare time you should avoid this game. And even if that is the case you should just spend money on something like Star Citizen instead. Much more entertaining.