You own the best controller ever made, don't you?

You own the best controller ever made, don't you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FOZ4EsGVBhM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How hard is this to use on PC?

>best controller
>Defective d-pad
Almost.

yes

the 360 controller would like to have a word with you. just dont talk about the dpad

no theres no headphone jack

Every single controller produced now is flawed in at least one way.

You cannot prove me wrong.

Or the joystick QC, or the bumpers, or the face buttons.

unironically

nothing on this earth is flawless

okay, I won't
>shitty analog sticks that drift and peel extremely easily
>mushy face buttons that barely stick out
>shitty shoulder buttons that are ridiculously clicky

Of course they are, because they aren't the GOAT.

Just use your phone

Yes.

Or the second analog stick that's too far away for good fps aiming

Or the overly thicc buttons that are bad for sliding presses

or the fact that i can't remember RB versus RL

That doesn't prove him wrong, retard.

you must be from niggeergaf
the face buttons are perfect
the shoulder buttons are not clicky, the xbox one is
the analog stick only wears out if you are gay or black, i did the researrch with my friends

garbage d-pad

IIt's a great controller, but the first run batches having shitty d-pads ruins it. And I already went in and "fixed" the issue by going in and applying tape to the contacts, but the d-pad still feels too raised and flimsy. And no, the xenoblade controller did not fix that issue, look up the video.

what is RL?
RT?

Not hard at all through steam,but it does take at least a little setup there. On emulators it works fine though

who said I was trying to prove him wrong? I was actually agreeing with him, brainlet

DS2 and 3 were frustratingly made for japanese tiny hands, it was so damn unconfortable.

In this gen I actually prefer the DS4 over the XBONE controller though.

yep

fuck, i missed it.
when is the next restock?

There is nothing special about it, apart from it looking like it’s made out of literal rubber.

They're made for people that don't ham hands controllers like they're strangling a cat to death

>10min battery life
where is the like button on this webpage?

It comes so fucking close but the d-pad issue has to be corrected. If it weren't for that it would definitely be my favorite of the current gen.

My all time favorite is this bad boy right here though.

I really wanna fuck around with one of those. They look so interesting to me.

youtu.be/FOZ4EsGVBhM

You mean the controller that is inferior to its predecessors by having an analog thumb that can ruin your fingers and it never happened with any of the previous ones? Yeah, surely the best one...

Switch pro is inferior to its predecessors too.

Yes.

You need a blue tooth dongle in a usb drive, only way it works.

Yes

elite is better tho

Pretty much the only right answer though I don't like the asymmetrical layout myself. You can't be the greatest controller ever if you have a shitty or nonfunctional Dpad, sorry runners-up.

Okay.
>That fucking battery hump
>Peeling analog sticks
>Squeaky triggers

Doesn't it have a really fucking shitty build quality? That's the one thing that kept me from buying one back when it came out.

No, there are always going to be defects. People get buttmad and start complaining when their controller that costs about as much as a console itself breaks even if it's still under warranty, but the build quality is in no way worse than it is for the regular version.

Yes, the build quality is shit. And you get no headphone jack, as it's too old for that.
Get the One S controller.

Horrible quality control, cheap feel, small sticks, loud clicky butons, clicky dpad, bright home button.

The problem is even finding one. There aren't even any on ebay most of the time.
SNK just hates making money.

>translucid shell

That's a cute looking turtle woman

Got mine the other day and it’s pretty nice but I prefer the Xbone controller.

So?

the wiimote is unironically the only good controller for fps

It's fucking trash.
Both aesthetically, and the actual buttons are so shit. The best part is how it fits in your hand, which is ruined by the RETARDED battery pack.

It's amazing how much better the Xbox One controller is-- at least the revised model, with the much improved L1 and R1 buttons over the release Xbox One controller.

The release XBone controller's were waaaaaaay too firm, like holy shit, imagine playing Dark Souls 1 on that thing - good luck not breaking your fingers to get a light attack to work or doing a a block while holding down the button.

Also it looks and feels kinda cheap compared to the DS4's textured design, but that's just an aesthetic issue

is this pasta
from niggergaf

No you fucking retard.
The release Xbone bumpers were TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

This is the closest thing to perfection. The only things that hold it back are no analog, no headphone jack, and no gyro. The hardware is perfect and so is the layout. Glossy > matte.

I don't like that it's glossy but I agree on everything else.

wait, there's no analog?
I see 2 of them

The triggers, dipshit.

He probably meant analog triggers

>virtual carbon copy of the xbox 360 controller, but with crappier trigger buttons

ok ok
but why they are shaped like that then

best versatile controller for emulation? considering an xbox one mini

So you can fully understand how shit the release bumpers are.

they are hard to find anyway
you'll probably never find that model at retail again

It is really super good, I almost didn’t get it because every time it’s posted on Cred Forums it’s keeps getting shit on the dpad, but haven’t had any issues whatsoever.
I’m glad I got it, now I never take the joycons off my system.
I also got one of those HORI wired ones for a second player, pretty good considering it was on sale for $15

Who knows. The joycons have the same problem too, but there's zero travel so it doesn't matter as much.

Yeah, and thank god for that.

I honestly never understood the trigger meme. Nobody here actually plays racing games for them to matter, and can't think of any genre that would actually make good use of them.

I literally can't use the analog sticks when they're both in that position.

>Glossy > matte
Careful user, you're gonna break finishfag

I don't think I can name a single game that actually gives a shit about the pressure sensitivity of analog triggers.

>Nobody here actually plays racing games
Except I do and I'm sure plenty of others do too. Racing games, especially Sega arcade racers, are legitimately fun

Mario Sunshine

Just bought a Hori Fighting Commander off ebay for 25$ and 2$ shipping to play Tekken and DBFZ with on my laptop since I'm not home that often anymore.

The seller is highly reviewed if nothing else, so I hope I'm not getting scammed.

That's not a steam controller user
relax, it's just an opinion

I prefer to not kill myself with radiation

>have to press harder on the zl button than lr
FUCK THIS CONTROLLER

Flight games are a more honest answer than racing games really, because in those you have three or four analong things to control. Analog triggers are only a marginal situational advantage over right stick throttle/brake that nearly everyone playing racing games on a controller doesn't know how to use anyways.

Armored Core 4/fA uses them for boost control but Armored Core 4 is an absolute madman game.

Wii U Pro is the best. Absolute perfection for 2D gaming too with that excellent D-pad. Wish the Switch supported it.

PUYO PUYO IS LITERALLY FUCKING UNPLAYABLE ON THIS SHIT FUCKING DPAD
FUCK NINTENDO CHARGING $70+ FOR A FUCKING CONTROLLER THAT DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING WORK
EVEN HAD TO FUCKING SEND IT UNDER WARRANTY ALREADY CAUSE ONE THE TRIGGER BUTTONS STOPPED REGISTERING TOO ALONG WITH THEIR SHITTY JOYCONS CAUSE THE STICKS FUCKED UP
FUCK THIS FUCKING KIKE COMPANY

Yes, I own a Dualshock 4.

The Switch pro controller is pretty damn nice, but it feels weird in my hands. Not really sure what it is, but it just feels odd.

This is correct.

Cheap feel? Have you ever actually held a Xbone controller? I replaced an old wired 360 controller with one for my PC, and as soon as I took it out of the box I was impressed with how hefty and well-built it felt.

Yes, I do indeed own a couple of dualshock 4s.

I like the little retard square pad they give you with the system... does that make me a pleb? just got a Switch today.

Has anyone produced a replacement dpad for the Switch Pro controller? I'm not dropping another $70 or whatever on a replacement...

What do you mean? My laptop has bluetooth and it links perfectly fine with no dongle required.
Yup. No D-pad problems either. Long lasting battery life, and way more cozy in my hands than my Xbone or PS4 controller, also that battery life tho.
Great. It works with most games with controller support and Steam. If not you can use that 360 Controller emulator and it works fine too.

Yes, I do.

xbone's definately the best first party controller I've ever used but I'm a big fan of how durable the PS3 controller is

Seeing how literally every dpad sucks according to Cred Forums, what's the best dpad I can get for PC?

>he wasn't grown by the NES/SNES
if you dislike the PS2/3 controller, you'll hate the SNES and NES controller, gayboy
>DS4 is better
lmao

I'm not a fightan game guy but for things like platformers I like the Wii U Pro controller with the Mayflash adapter, it emulates an X-input controller so has pretty damn good game compatibility

I own one. It does feel cheap to me, it creaks and has rough non-flush edges. It is my fourth one, actually, since three had to be returned due to different defects.

Have a wired 360, ds3, ds4, wii u pro and just bought a switch pro

This is the comfiest controller of all time for me. Haven't tried a switch pro yet though. I'm gonna wait until a new model comes out though.

What’s the best third party controller for PS3?

holy shit this thing looks like xbox copypaste jesus christ nintendo really went downhill its hilarious

While it doesn't have the best ergonomics, it does have pretty decent functionality.

my nigga

>muh battery life
I often use mine for ~6 hours (gen 2 with light in touchpad)

They just came out with an xbone/360 version of the fighting commander. I will probably pick one up for superior windows compatibility.

yes I own an xbone controller

About to buy one for kingdom come. I have the steam controller, gonna give it a try. Only first person game I've played with it sucked because it went to mouse mode.

They have the exact same PC compatibility you fuck

But of course I do.

T. Manlet

>controller on pc
just stick to consoles faggot

Wii U pro

>TFW everyone shits on the Steam Controller

Can we be friends user?

I don't need friends, I have a Steam Controller

Gotchu famalam

I am not necessarily saying that Nintendo's controllers are the best or anything. And I do in fact absolutely love the DS3 and use it a lot (DS3 > DS4).
But one thing I am actually curious about. If controllers are to be sold at an MSRP of $60 or even more expensive. Then how come the battery life of Dualshocks or Xbox controllers are such hot garbage?

The Pro Controller and the Joycons are expensive sure. And the Wii U Pro Controller wasn't exactly super cheap either.
But at the very least the battery life for all of these products are really commendable.
Meanwhile I can use a DS3 or DS4 and the battery dies faster than when playing Breath of the Wild on the Switch with maximum display brightness and the Xbox controllers aren't exactly magnificent either.

Why? I'd pay an extra $10 for any given one of these controllers for an 10x battery life modifier.

>$50
There's a reason why I haven't bought this yet or why I never bought the Wii U's Pro controller, even though it always looked amazing.

I guess I will its right next to me haha:)

Lel. I feel like I can't just run it as "xbox controller" in games for whatever reason. It always makes me setup as keyboard mouse n its all shitty. Maybe kangdom come will be different.

You know, I haven't used this yet, but I really like the idea of having addition triggers on the back of the handles.

You can get a wired one for 20. Doesn't have the rumble, though.

explain

>I can't just run it as "xbox controller"
You actually can but that will force right trackpad to be in a joystick-mouse mode. That mode sucks big because of huge deadzones there are.
So just download some popular scheme that uses K+M layout and do minor changes for it to suit yourself.

Which one? Lack of rumble kinda sucks, but I'd prefer wired for the lack of input latency and also so I wouldn't need to charge it constantly.

No controller made by nintendo has ever been "the best controller made" despite the fanboys swearing up and down they are (especially not that piece of shit with a defective d pad seriously eat a dick). I will say the most comfortable one they've managed to make though was Gamecube's. PS4s controller is my favorite simply because of the headphone jack allowing you to use ear buds as a mic and to listen in on your games wirelessly.

The greatest thing is gyro+r.trackpad to move camera around and using l.trackpad for radial butyon menu. Works fine with some strategies too though RTS APM is much inferior to M+K.
The downside is: no actual d-pad, though I personally fail to see why would one need it these days.

The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is overrated and here's why:

>Buttons don't press down far enough, feels like you're pressing down on stone slab
>Joysticks don't move far enough making me have to raise camera/thumbstick sensitivity on a lot of games
>Bumpers are too small
>No triggers
>Overpriced
>Overpriced because of useless features like Gyro and 3D Rumble
>You can get a better controller or at the very least an adequate controller for around $30 (which is over half the price)
>D-pad still isn't good
>No triggers
>Oddly sized (thought it'd be a tiny bit bigger)
>No grip on the controller, so when you're hands get sweaty the entire controller gets wet and since there's no rubber grip to keep your hands from sliding, the controller ends up sliding out of your grip
>Not enough designs to chose from (You've got black, a Splatoon design and a Xenoblade design)

the hori switch controller is far better and cheaper.

>no analog triggers
>best
shig

>xbox button interface
the superior choice is clear you idiot

Forgot to add:

>Blatant Xbox One copy
>+ and - buttons are surface level so every time you want to press one of those buttons you have to search for it, same for the screenshot and home buttons

other than that the battery life is good but it's not worth the price.

Real talk, is this controller worth it over just joycons? I was considering ordering one alongside Bayo 2.

>The greatest thing is gyro+r.trackpad to move camera around and using l.trackpad for radial butyon menu. Works fine with some strategies too though RTS APM is much inferior to M+K.
I feel like it'd be god-tier for shooting games.

>The downside is: no actual d-pad, though I personally fail to see why would one need it these days.
Fighting games. Also some 2D platformers.

Doesn't it have a shitty D-pad?

you have a shitty d-pad

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a problem with Switch's Pro Controller d-pad. Try playing Celeste with that shit.

Funny I happen upon this thread today, as I just put my broken Xbox One controller's still-intact joysticks into my DS4. Been testing it out all day, and I gotta say, after you break them in with a couple hours of play, they feel incredibly good; been hitting shots I've been missing for awhile.
Now I gotta wonder if you can, through a little modifications to the case, you can swap the Xbone's d-pad onto the DS4. I'm sure I like the one that comes with it more, but I still wonder how it'd be for fighting games.

I actually enjoy the Joycons more for the most part after my experience with Mario Odyssey

Should I buy the switch pro controller(70$) or an 8bitdo sf30(35$)?

>playing celeste with d-pad
disgusting...

But it's a 2D platformer. Why would I use an analogue stick?

>there are people actually using the d-pad over a stick for anything ever

the stick feels better and more precise in this particular game

>No official Steam support for it.
>Have to use 3rd party drivers if you don't have Jewtooth
>Uses Dinput by default
>most software swaps A and B buttons so you have to manually map it
It's shit.

>Playing any 2d game with an analog stick
Literally underage b&

2D platformers, fighting games.

im older than your mom

I don't understand why 2D platformers never have any analog control when you use an analog stick

i actually agree with you for this game alone but i thought it might be because it's the only 2d game i have for switch and the d pad feels so unnatural

It doesn't naively, but you can make it work

Indeed!

honestly this is the only real answer
bumpers are still too fucking clicky though

>mfw I found out i could use genesis controllers on my C64 because they used the same port configuration

nice, yes I started the game with d-pad but couldn’t get anywhere and changed to stick and felt more in control and finished the game and the mayority of the b-sides so far

Dpad is fubar. Tried applying sticky tape to the sensors, raising the center notch so it can pivot and replacing the membrane with one that doesnt have "walls" around the central notch. Nothing worked, either it got improved but you can mo longer trigger diagonals or became so stiff, its unusable.

>Fighting games. Also some 2D platformers.
L.trackpad is fine for that kind of things. But it takes some getting used to and quite some tweaking for it to suit yourself.

unusable d pad

If only the triggers were analog it would be perfect.

>clicky sounds are bad

What a fucking retard.

It proves that his expectations are unrealistic, faggot.

I like my controllers without strobe lights thank you very much