Subnautica thread

>moved my entire base to the cyclops, making it my mobile base
>instantly regret it since I don't have a comfy fixed sea base to call home anymore
Guess I will rebuild everything , any suggestion for location? I'm thinking Bulb Zone since those blue plants are AESTHETIC

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yyw0xeOwVd0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you do build in the bulb, have your prawn suit handy at all times.
The fucking bonesharks love and I mean LOVE to swarm you.

When are they porting this to PS4?

is this the game with the spanish meme?

build in a transition near the koosh. most of it is full of bonesharks and ampeels

>want to build multiple bases of operation around the sea
>apparently it kills performance

How do you keep it powered? Got the thermal mod?

Some fucking titanium munchin cunt beat the shit out of my seamoth while I was in the auroa. this shit happened like an hour ago and I had a depth upgrade in there too

bioreactor?

good thing you can find a free depth module in the aurora and enough shit lying around to build another seamoth

You can't put reactors in the cyclops.

I just got this game yesterday and enjoying the fuck out of it. How's the replay-ability?

I would have to build a recharge station somewhere, instead i'm rebuilding my base again.

that was the module I found in the auroa so i have to wait until I unlock the ability to make one

It charges spent fuel cells slightly faster then it burns them

>crying over a seamoth
Shit is easy to replace, I broke mine two times already. Try to get the moonpool asap to build upgrades.

>1st playthough: escape
>2nd playthrough: stockholm syndrom

Jesus Christ faggot how old is the patch you're playing on?

There's some wreckage in the sparse reef area that has a bunch of moon pool fragments you can scan. Pretty sure that's all you need to make vehicle mods.

>replay-ability
Didn't finish it yet, but probably 0, unless you love base building and shit.

How hard is it to disable the cannon so it doesn't blow up the sunbeam in your first run?

>How's the replay-ability?
Depends entirely on your creativity.
Clearing the Dunes of reapers by wrangling and punching them with the Prawn suit is fun, after which it's a pretty comfy base location.

is this game worth it for VR?

Even if you disable it they will find another excuse to not land, so don't worry about it

Tried to make my base "hanging" from the ceiling, I chose the memetree as location of course.

I'll probably play through it again if the DLC delivers more content

Probably, the leaviatans could be bigger and scarier though.

game is fucking great and is spooky af I'm vr

That being said I only have a gear vr and the devs still have to did some performance shit. Biggest issue I've heard is the PDA is right in front of your face in vr.

>How's the replay-ability?
low. unless they add more base building features and something to do after you finish the main story. its really a shame they removed terraforming.

el mutt ogro del mar

Thanks, it worked out better than I expected

Don't the monsters attack your base?

This specific spot is a very inviting place to build something. Only few enemys will hinder you from having a base, as long as you can build it.

Bonesharks scare the shit out of me, more than any of the other creatures

They seriously need to give you the ability to toggle your base's internal lighting. Building in the dead zone really loses its impact when everything is lit up like a walmart.

Don't they plan on eventually releasing a new dlc planet sometime in the future?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yyw0xeOwVd0

BOOM

BOOM

CRASH

Thats all it takes for a burglerfish to break into your base with intent to harm or kill you. Why don't you own a gun?

But I do own one.

Yes actually, plus 3 3 tall aquariums producing crashfish ammo for it.

>mfw I accidentally picked the perfect spot

>Biggest issue I've heard is the PDA is right in front of your face in vr.
But it's perfect to navigate, at least with the gaze-based cursor. I don't know why people keep saying this.