Not even memeing, but I don't quite understand the love for this game. It's faster Souls with a gothic horror aesthetic...

Not even memeing, but I don't quite understand the love for this game. It's faster Souls with a gothic horror aesthetic. It's good, but it didn't amaze me.

It's like Dark Souls but with better gameplay and better lore.

More like
>It's like Dark Souls but it's actually functioning like a proper game.

But Dark Souls was functional, just somewhat unfinished. But, in its defence there's more content than found in Bloodborne.

Its LITERALLY the only decent exclusive on the PS4, even after all these years.

Imagine you're a sonyfag seeing the Switch get a never ending stream of great exclusives while your system has been nothing but a Bloodborne machine for the last 3 years. It's sad, but you can't really blame them for hyping it up.

For me, if something doesn't work as it was intended or it lacks obvious things, then it's not functional.

The multiplayer is still janky dogshit, it's far from a functioning game.

Faster souls with slower frames, mind you.

ok

It's the best Souls game and a bunch of people love the series.
Not hard to see why they would love the game so much.

But Dark Souls works.
Outside of Bloodborne there's Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, The Last Guardian, Yakuza 0, Persona 5 and Until Dawn though.

I platinumed this game in 10 days having gone in blind and never played a souls game before
How does it feel knowing I've destroyed the legacy of your favorite game?

If you're a newcomer to HC games, then probably. If you actually played games on older systems, then you simply won't find the game challenging at all. Frustrating, for sure, but you still will be able to beat it without a problem but you won't feel accomplished at all.
At least that's what my DS experience was. But I probably expected much more from it.

What I'm asking is why do people think it's the best? Is it just the gameplay and horror style? I mean it has problems, like quite a few shit bosses, being shorter than the other Souls games, the runs back to bosses taking up minutes, having to teleport back to Hunter's Dream every time you want to do anything.

mental issues

>there's Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, The Last Guardian, Yakuza 0, Persona 5 and Until Dawn

You just proved his point

By HC games do you mean hardcore games? Also, what does challenge have to do with the game being functional?

Faster playstyle, game mechanics focus on rewarding aggressive styles of play and keeping closer to your opponents compared to other souls games.

It's overrated garbage. 6/10 at best

bloodborne isn't functional

Those are good games though, or at least I think they are.
OP here. BB obviously isn't my favourite game.

>console warrior
please stay mad, it makes me happy ;)

What took so long to platinum it?
This game's trophies can all be got by one normal playthrough if you upload your save to get all the endings quick, which he did.

Personally, I don't know how that made people love the game much more than the other titles, especially when DaS3 essentially did the same thing and people shit on it all the time.

The speed was dropped down a bit and the controls were not as tight in DS3.
Felt a lot worse to play.
Also the return to copypaste weapons with a move or two to differentiate weapons within the classes.

That's an interesting opinion OP, but I disagree with you. Bloodborne is among my favorite games.

>controls were not as tight in DS3.
I don't know if it's just me but it feels like the input buffer window is a lot wider in 3 than in the other games

Why is that? Is it just the pace and aesthetic, or is there more to it?

Going straight from Bloodborne into DS3 in the same gaming session makes it feel especially bad.

4 year old ps4 still outsells it globally
hahahahaha

Not him, but I for one love how some of the bosses are designed.

I loved a lot of the visual designs for the bosses but I thought quite a few of the fights were either irritating or underwhelming.