Now that Monster Hunter is popular in the west can we expect some Ubisoft/EA ripoff?

Now that Monster Hunter is popular in the west can we expect some Ubisoft/EA ripoff?

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Critical_Miss/1
craveonline.com/site/495677-ea-wins-publishing-rights-to-star-wars-games#/slide/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Dude I got a great monster idea.
>Excellent, let's hear it.
>It's a t-rex.
>Okay, great hook, it's a very popular dinosaur. What's the gimmick?
>There is none
>BRILLIANT

I had no idea a T-rex could breath fire.

?

I can only imagine the unsatisfying sound design, hitspark and hitstop. The west hasn't really made a great action game yet, so how in the world would their take on a hunting game be any better?

>Monster Hunter/Battle Royale mish-mash.

Just watch its gonna happen.

I'm not sure I can imagine how that would even work, considering a large part of hunting games is the cooperative play.

Source, please.

Horizon Zero Dawn says hello

Everyone has to hunt for one monster while killing each other. Teams vs Teams.

Sauce is Rapetacular
rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Critical_Miss/1

I repeat:
The west really hasn't made a great action game yet.

Pretty sure the sauce is that one guy on deviant art who draws a shit ton of stuff featuring that girl. Even some lewd stuff. Fuck if I remember the name though, it's been years.

Eltonel?
His art is better

Thank you very much.

I just feel like there's too much opportunity for chaos there, not in a good way. If everyone's hacking away at a monster on multiple teams, how do you decide who finally killed it? If it's just based on last hit made, that's essentially random in that situation. Conversely, if you make it based on percentage of damage done, then it would feel pretty unfair to the losing teams considering they still put work in and may have had the last hit.

I miss him so much.

He has the moves like a jaggi
t-rex does not

Last one standing gets to get away with the major loot.
Other teams can try to sneak a cut in the middle of the chaos.

I would like to see him return in a update or future games.

You think 6.1 million units is a "big hit" when 7 million Battlefront 2 sales was considered a disappointment by EA?

Do you understand advertising budgets and profit rather than revenue?

They will just make Star Wars Monster Hunter: Battlefield - Fifa Edition

We already have two monsters that are very similar. Rather then have them waste effort on a third raptor-like Id much rather get like Lagiacrus or Brachydios or something.

And he's still better than all the flying monsters in the game.

>Do you understand advertising budgets and profit rather than revenue?
Yes?

I think he means you are fucking retarded. Monster Hunter World isn't a huge investment like Star Wars Battlefront 2 was for EA.

And while Dark Souls sold a lot and didn't trigger a wave of copycats from the big western publishers, Monster hunter world numbers are almost double those of the best selling Souls game on the same time frame.

>Monster Hunter World isn't a huge investment like Star Wars Battlefront 2 was for EA.

[citation needed]

You really think that Capcom had to paid millions just in order to be able to do Monster hunter games to a third company? Stop being fucking retarded.

>can we expect some Ubisoft/EA ripoff
Let's hope not.
I mean, look at that Horizon crap, this is the best they'll be able to do.

Stop talking out your ass user, it's embarrassing

>The sequel to an already successful game in probably the most popular genre based on an IP with a rabid fanbase.
Vs
>A game previously confined to handhelds that struggled to find its footing outside Japan.

And?

You think Disney didn't charge EA for the Star Wars license?

>You think Disney didn't charge EA for the Star Wars license?
I have zero idea and so you do.

What a fucking retard. It is well know that EA bid among other companies for the exclusive rights to publish star war games. Stop being fucking retarded for once user.

Go away retardo

See

You have literally zero idea how the deal was structured

Haha okay, they just gave away the rights for a multibillion franchise for free.

Are you 12?

craveonline.com/site/495677-ea-wins-publishing-rights-to-star-wars-games#/slide/1

3 seconds in google.

>Are you 12?

Are you? How much did EA pay?

>Breaths fire
kind of a game changer.

pssshhh
>googling information.
>not just absorbing knowledge from the stratosphere to catch up on recent gaming related events.

trash game

Holy fuck how can someone be this retarded HAHAHAHAHAHA

go get your GED buddy you really need it

WESTERN DEVS DONT KNOW HOW TO FUCKING MAKE BOSS BATTLES

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU PLAYED WESTERN NON-MMO THAT HAD A KICKASS BOSS BATTLE SEQUENCE

I would say the west has made more great action games then most other hemispheres. I would say that the majority of great action games are western.

You do realize that it costs money to license the Star Wars franchise for games?

I mean it's easily one of the largest franchises in history so it's not cheap that's for sure.

That's just another far cry game