This game honestly takes some of the shittiest design decisions I've ever seen

This game honestly takes some of the shittiest design decisions I've ever seen.

It's almost impossible to get anything besides a Stone award at every level because the game literally punishes your score for healing yourself in the middle of a level with items while barely providing any healing orbs.

As if they weren't rare enough, healing orbs restore maybe the same or LESS health than a standard enemy attack. You get to find 5 healing orbs throughout an entire level if you're lucky. And if you retry more than once, you automatically get a stone award, and if you use items for more than the total of your health bar, it is counted as a death in the chapter overview.
It's not even that the game is hard, because if you die in a fight, you'll start it from the beginning with full HP, it's just incredibly annoying to get anything other than the LOWEST score because they didn't balance healing orbs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CpEOErRV-u4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpNNmba0TY4
youtube.com/watch?v=y4c60hov2-c
youtube.com/watch?v=NOVVmm4KOm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

git gud

The games MAIN mechanic is dodging and you wonder why it punished you for not using the tools they gave you?

OH WHAT A DAY

She's ugly as fuck.

This

>still generating tons of fucking salt
What did we do to deserve such a based queen?

The only bullshit is those instant death QTE’s

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________gitgud

Playing MGR before Bayo is better tutorial than the in-game one

this is the game that introduced me to dubstep:
youtube.com/watch?v=CpEOErRV-u4

git gud.
I used to get stones liek you, but then I took the time to understand the mechanics of the game and then i was getting golds and platinums ez.
Also there are a lot more healing orbs in the game, they're just scattered and in areas where you think they wouldn't be/

This is completely irrelevant. I get that you would need to be perfect at dodging to get the best score, but we're talking about getting THE WORST score because you didn't dodge literally every attack thrown at you, it's called a binary extreme.

It's like having Heaven and hell as the default DMC difficulty

Stop getting hit if you want non-shit ranks

if you're really bothered by the pointless trophies that much just play easy mode until you unironically get good. I would take off the accessory they give you in easy mode though if you actually want to improve.

>Get gold or above on every individual stage
>Get stone for the chapter

Who cares about designs and shit when she's GORGEOUS af

That's honestly my biggest complain about the game.

>Developers didn't account for Bayo's normal moving speed
>You're constantly thrown into situations like a bridge falling right as soon as you step on it, being unable to back away/jump to safety
>all of a sudden, some platforms actually don't fall down and you hit an invisible wall when trying to leave it and fall to you death because you were supposed to fight the enemies in the platform that didn't fall down

Every game with a scoring system scores you negatively if you get hit.

This was me when I first played bayo

fuck off

"Don't get hit not even once" shouldn't be a requirement to get anything above the literal lowest rank. Bet you would be crying like a bitch if every hack and slash game you played was like that

Assuming rules are abided by, that sticker chart is unironically an amazing deal.

Offically having "no nagging" is a goddamn godsend.

>It's almost impossible to get anything besides a Stone award at every level because the game literally punishes your score for healing yourself in the middle of a level with items while barely providing any healing orbs.
oh wow
you should stick to Dark Souls kid, Bayo might be too hardcore for you
thanks for the laff

yeah dumbass but they don't give you the WORST score if you don't dodge everything thrown at you. Bayo gives you shit score for not healing yourself and for retrying, with no mid level saves if you choose not to retry

Bayo1 scoring system was honestly the worst hack and slash scoring system i had seen before DmC desu

Im on chapter 3 right now, but literally haven't started it yet since I got stone award in chapter 2.
I have been autistically trying to improve the score whole weekend, but there would be always something that would bring score down.
Should I stop worrying about it and enjoy the game? Im just so fixated on it, even a silver award will do it for me.

I was turned off of this game for years because I thought it was fan-servicey and not actually a good game and I found Bayonetta's proportions to be too strange to enjoy her sex appeal.

I decided to buy it on a whim because I was reminded of it from all the Switch hubbub. Damn this shit is hilariously fun. I really wish I would have bought it years ago. Also OP I haven't gotten any stone rankings yet because I played a lot of NieR:A and got good at dodging but I agree there is a lack of health items.

Still can't get over how satisfying some of these wicked weaves are, I just about die laughing every time a giant foot comes out of the sky and utterly gibs my enemies. I can't remember the last time a game made me smile like this one, it's just so wacky.

Bro your going to suck the first time around. Just enjoy the ride and try not dying too much.

don't get hit nigga.
don't blame the game for your decaying reaction time, the enemies telegraph before they hit.
if you are having trouble, then play it on easy mode, it'll be your secret.

the two main things that annoy me are the camera and QTEs. Like during a scene where I can't do anything you get a second to hit something and if you don't you're score gets fucked and you go back.

Another motherfucker who thinks that "LOL DUDE YOU SHOULD NOT BE HIT A SINGLE TIME IF YOU WANT ANYTHING BETTER THAN STONE XD!" is a valid counter argument.

Fuck off and learn about proper game design.

She must really like blow jobs.
That chart is unbalanced as fuck.

That's cus you died a lot

lucky husband

I got all golds platinum's and even some rare pure platinum and maybe a super rare silver when i realy sucked the first time i played the game.
Maybe you just have to learn how to acualy play the game.
Becouse if you are chugging heeling items just to survive you are doing something obviously wrong.

Also just because something is hard for you doesn't mean its impossible.
Sometimes people do acualy suck at certain video games.

I don't get it, when you use a health potion does it really subtract it from your points?
I just got the game and I don't know how to use health potions yet.

you just mad cause yo ass is old.

You mean lucky wife.

It's threads like these that really remind me of how far I've come from when I first started the game 8 years ago to now where I've gotten all the Pure Platinums and done everything the game has to offer flawlessly

git gud

Eating the lollipops and dying destroys your score.

>chapter 2 boss
>die twice during it
>decide to just walk up to it and just mash X and A on the right side to see what happens
>only get hit once the whole fight and beat it

This isn't fucking Dark Souls where you can face tank bosses all the time and still come out on top. Healing is only there because you fucked up.

I'm not chugging healing items. I just don't heal myself and eventually die at one point and the score becomes stone because you can't die more than twice.

it's bad design because the game punishes you for dying, punishes for using healing item, but doesn't provides the heals that don't penalize your score.

DMC had plenty of green orbs throughout levels, as well as mid level saves that you could use to avoid retrying the entire level if you died

As per usual, FPBP.

>these are the same people that bitch about Zelda having Witch Time.
OH NONONO

autism

the game doesn't punish you at all, you just feel bad for playing like shit. you can die as many times as you want just continue spam through the game

Stop worrying. You basically CAN'T get good ranks on your first playthrough. You'll need to unlock more moves, abilities, weapons, and accessories to really open up the combat; this will allow you to get a better combo score WITHOUT totally exposing yourself to damage or sinking your time ranking to hell. Especially Bat Within and Moon of Mahaa Kalaa, which both make reducing incoming damage MUCH easier.

Also many of the optional fights you need to avoid stone-ranking the Chapter as a whole will require late-game abilities like panther within, crow within, etc. Some of the Alfheims are all but impossible without them

I'm sorry you can't git gud

Yes, normal with Kamiya games, using healing items absolutely ravages your score, I think that it's 1 used= 1 rank down

>playing this for the first time
>find the challenge portal in Chapter 2
>kill a Mini Boss while only ever throwing 7 Punches and Kicks and you can't use Guns

What in the FUCK
HOW

>it's bad design because the game punishes you for dying
You can't make this shit up.

It's not that extreme. There is room for middle ground but you're too unskilled to reach it.

>ranking system punishes you for taking damage
Stop the fucking presses

>Do pretty well for most of a stage
>Get absolutely shit on by some boss
>Go from deathless to maxing out the death counter
>OH WHAT A DAY

What a fag.

this wouldn't be a problem if you were gud

You can use guns

You can hold down the punch or kick button and Bayo will keep the pose while firing her guns. You can do this technique with every hit of a combo

I 100% promise you that if you Pure Plat your damage and time scores and complete all verses, having a Stone damage award on every verse and 1 item-use penalty will not lead to a stone rank for the chapter

You're just bad at the game.

I know
I just don't have the reaction time to pull it off.

Fire Durga or Kilgore and just do aerial charged attacks. trust me I'm a pro

Oh, so you start a combo and use guns until you have to dodge basically?

>Make a mechanic that rewards timing dodges perfectly
>This mechanic effectively ruins any NG+ runs because without it the game doesn't count your dodges unless you do them early instead of the exact frame resulting in you getting hit by dumb shit you would've bat within'd anyway

I want everything unlocked fuck this

Bosses (except the final one) are always their own standalone Chapter, don't fucking lie.

yeah and you get shit score, which is not the objective here.

Cool but have you considered gitting gud

More or less. It's pretty easy to do with Punch>Kick>Punch as that results in a quick wicked weave as well. It also helps if you activate witch time AND then do your combos

AUTISM

Sorry user you’re just shit, getting stones doesn’t affect your ability to proceed so it’s not a problem design wise. Even learn the game or make peace with stones.

Dying twice is very average and yet in game it means 100% stone

I didn't know you had a fucking sword and shotguns until the 4th chapter

Even better to dodge 2-3 times between hits; this extends the bullet spray of your Dodge Offset and maximizes damage output per attack

Not OP but are there hidden verses? I keep beating levels and seeing a bunch of black empty spots in the middle of verses

Dude just git gud

>i get bad scores for getting hit and playing like shit

do you just want the game to hand you good rankings

Look man these levels are short once you cut out cutscenes. If you're dying twice then stop and evaluate what you're doing wrong.

Maybe try and go back to older stages and track down bonus portal for more health and magic. Considering this is a skill based game you could even consult a guide for collectible locations since you seem to have trouble gitting gud

Use only charge moves and short but powerful combos that mix between legs and punches.
Shotguns help.

Plenty of hack'n'slash do that though
There are a lot of missions in DMC3 where you can't get hit if you want an SS rank
In MNM in NG you'll be dying in 1-2 hits

Yes, both fights and alfheims. Protip: Many of the hidden alfheims you need to backtrack for in the back 2/3rds of the game can be seen from when you unlock them at if you pan the camera back to the earlier parts of the level

Bayo and Bayo 2 are two and three on the Switch Eshop respectively, pretty neat. Also they're having a sale on Bayo 2 digital

alfheims, they're secret missions. Some are just turn around and look for a glowing portal

others are make it half way through the level, backtrack to the beginning, jump on a random ledge and hop across a fucking gap into a small alcove to find it.

Like fuck, one of them is in the climax of the game and requires you to basically go back to a section you would've assumed got destroyed

>Guy comes with legit criticism about Bayo
>Some other user comes and says the "git gud" meme
>Any chances of serious discussion is killed, because people are too afraid of admitting that maybe it is a design flaw.

I swear I have not hated a meme more...

No they're not having a sale. Look closer. Since you have Bayo 1 digital you get Bayo 2 for 40% off.

For this go up the goddess rocket up to exactly the clavicle of the statue then turn around and go back to the base beneath her feet

You know what I'm gonna say.

that's like one of the hardest Alfhiem challenges in the game. If it's your first playthough just skip it and come back to it later.

Its always been pretty hilarious to me how riled up people get over a single player game shit talking them when it doesn't actually affect the gameplay, story or anything aside from the 10 second end of chapter screen. I can't imagine what happens when these people play something online and actual people shit talk them.

No, dying twice lowers your rank twice. It's only "guaranteed Stone" if you'd have a Silver rank or lower otherwise.

Ahhh, you're right user. For some reason I assumed the Physical pack in digital code wouldn't apply for it

Yes. Found in secret areas, by backtracking, and also Alfheim portals

No I want the game to hand me average rankings for playing average, not getting handed stone rankings for not playing perfectly.

>getting the highest score on each of the SCORED parts will get you the best awards xD

no fucking shit

Okay OP, but the score not giving you a gold star for failing isn't a bad thing.

Alfheims are really better left alone until you have more weapons and accessories in your arsenal. That particular one is best with Sergey's Lover

Op is full of shit. Bayonetta is an extremely forgiving game. The higher rank trophies exist for people willing to make the effort to learn the game’s mechanic.

And what everyone is telling you is that you're not playing average, you're playing poorly. The game is also telling you this, but instead of getting better at it you just decided to come here and bitch that the game isn't giving you a trophy for you barely getting by each stage.

For some reason Kaiyma loves putting retarded requirements for high scores in his games.

Getting a Rainbow V in some of the Viewitiful Joe levels is just plain fucking stupid.

>I can't imagine what happens when these people play something online and actual people shit talk them.
They complain about “toxic” communities.

Your problem is that you refuse to even entertain the possibility that the game DOES give you average awards for playing average, and that you're getting shit awards because you're playing shit.

Is there no way for you to accept the reality that the stone ranks are telling you the truth? You are NOT "average" at Bayonetta. You are bad at Bayonetta.

wait to get Pure Platnium on a level you also need to do the Alfhiem and Platnium that on the first try because if so ahahaha fuck that

>It's almost impossible to get anything besides a Stone award at every level because the game literally punishes your score for healing yourself in the middle of a level with items while barely providing any healing orbs.
jesus christ, teenagers are retards.

You can retry alfheims infinitely and you can quit to the title screen as a checkpoint restart

if youre dying multiple times you are playing like shit user, get over it. bayonetta isn't that hard on normal, you have an incredibly good dodge move, all attacks are extremely telegraphed, and you can buy more health in the shop. you shouldnt be dying.

You literally just disproved your own argument.

>There are a lot of missions in DMC3 where you can't get hit if you want an SS rank

Wow are you telling me you need to get a perfect play to get a perfect score? :o fucking dumbass, maybe try reading again, of course you need to avoid getting hit to get the best rank, thing is, in Bayo, anything other than perfect playstyle will get you the WORST score, it's a binary difference, that's the entire point of the discussion.

>I got a bad score in a single player game that nobody will actually look at

the ABSOLUTE state of Cred Forums

this just isn't true. you can get hit plenty of times ands come out with silvers golds and platinum, you just suck dick at this game.

>Healing doesn't outweigh being hit

Holy shit its almost like the game wants you to not be shit. Also ranks are all pointless outside of pride so if you don't care then just keep chugging and power through.

You kinda sound like a bad stupid bitch who wants to feel good without getting good. When its a game where you can be a bad bitch and beat it on normal atleast and just move on. Its not like a harder game where you have to get better just to beat it initially

I hope people with the mindset of OP never play fighting games or their egos will be severely battered

im going to fucking lose my mind here.
when the fuck did Cred Forums get swarmed by casuals?

>Doing really well in a stage and the boss at the end
>Instant death QTE thrown at you out of nowhere with half a second given to react

The only issue with bayonetta's scoring is that the fucking quicktime events are included into it.

Look, I know I'm not the best player, I'm saying it's bad design that the game doesn't give you any healing orbs and then completely shits on you for trying to heal using the other means available

so I started 2 after beating 1, is there no more torture attacks? Is ubran climax just the only thing you should do with your magic besides the occasional accessory use?

Yeah this one is actually bullshit. That was the era back then though

This

As someone who also did this, I can safely say that Bayonetta still kicked my ass but not as much as that weak faggot OP.

I seriously hope you haven't forgotten the one of four QTEs in a level in the entire game on a chapter you're running for rank or you're just complaining that you don't get perfect ranks on your first playthrough

I mean, I wasn't great at Bayonetta my first run either, in fact I was pretty terrible and got straight stones for chapters in a row, but I (and everyone else who likes the game) learned that you can't just smash your hands on the controller. You have to dodge effectively and attack right if you want to get the rewards.
It's something that just comes naturally from playing the game. Every second you spend bitching on Cred Forums about how it's unfair is time that you could be spending playing and learning how to not get absolutely shredded.

Torture attacks are still there

I'm actually play this for the first time on the Switch because a friend of mine fucking loves Bayonetta and she never shuts up about how I should play them, and it's kicking my ass but it is pretty fun.

Just so I'm not missing something here, until you save up for those Accessories or whatever, Magic is only used for the Torture Attacks right? There isn't some power up or special combos I can use it on as well?

On normal difficulty you can get hit several times before you inevitably run out of health. And when you die, your score is only knocked down one grade, versus shoving your face full of lollipops to get your health back up and tanking it even further. If the game was exclusively a test of your ability to do each individual fight well, there wouldn't be an "end of chapter" score, the point is to do well consistently, and until you're at the level where you're aiming for "consistently perfect", your goal is to lose as little health as possible.

Actually dangerous enemies are uncommon in the early parts of the game, and later in the game, you'll have a lot more health and be able to take more punishment before suffering a rank drop.

But besides all that, your score doesn't even matter aside from personal satisfaction.

TAs are there but there's literally no point in using them because you could be using UC instead.

Unlike OP, this user actually has a point.

The "MASH X TO RIP HIS HEAD OFF" ones aren't so bad, but getting an instant Death added for not pressing X right as some tower falls is shit.

>Umbran climax has cooldown so you can't parse attacks out

this shit is just fucking dumb, there's already a meter penalty just for using it, why do I have to have cooldown on deactivation?

No? I'm replaying it right now, different user by the way, and the fight with Jeanne when you're twirling around through the air on rocks early in the game is at the end of a fairly lengthy chapter.

video game journalist tier

if you get hit multiple times, you die, which kills your score as well.

"just heal dude!"
that's what I've been trying to say, the game doesn't let you heal because using items also kills the score, and the healing orbs are EXTREMELY rare and they heal you for maybe 10% of your lifebar, while every enemy attack is 15% of your lifebar.

Am I right when remembering the side trials count for Bayos end chapter scores? Because for some reason id always be missing a fight or two when searching the whole place.

You know I was afraid you were going to talk about the qtes or the parts where a cutscene ends with an enemy attacking you, but in truth you're just bad. Unironnically this

As someone who's never played bayonetta, sounds like you need to stop bitching and get good

No one's disagree that QTE is shit. That's why the got rid of it in bayo 2. You just have to memorize them when you replay the level

Hunting for Alfheims is one thing I won't defend, because a lot of them have weird conditions and lock themselves out if you accidentally progress too far.

Because you're not meant to heal. The game gives you very strong tools to avoid damage, and the health bar allows you to mess up a few times. The healing orbs, if you find them, will usually let you survive an extra hit or two, that is their point.

If your only way to survive was healing, this would be a legitimate complaint. But that's not the case. You have strong tools to avoid damage, so you don't need to heal in the first place.

The penalty for healing using an item once is not as severe as dying; the idea is risk v reward of whether you can coast with 60% HP, or if it's better to just take the death penalty for full health.

If you're chugging lollipops like potions in an RPG, you are missing the point. Healing should be an exceedingly rare action.

omfg i don't know why but this .gif made me laugh my fucking ass off.

+5 to you, based .gif-poster user.

Jeane's is the fairest boss in the game though. All the others are pretty much bullshit in some parts.

>It's almost impossible to get anything besides a Stone award
Stopped reading right there. Stop complaining and git gud.

>15+15 = 100!
6 fuck ups, 7~9 with healing orbs, sounds like plenty to me.

But was I right that they count as fights for the chapter? So if you don't do the weird trial it rapes you average score alittle bit?

If so I don't defend that. Half of them are weird and annoying as fuck no reason to have to do that shit every run for a Pure Plat attempt in chapters with them.

Getting gold and platinum scores is pretty easy dude
The reason you're not getting higher scores than stones is ultimately your fault

honest question, how are you getting hit so many times that you actually die assuming youre upgrading your health at all

Yes there are, and fuuuuuuuck they are harder than the bosses, specially because there are bosses in them. Completing those feels like an actual achievement though.

>Jeane's is the fairest boss

I highly disagree, Jeanne 4 especially is a hell alot more to manage than any other boss

Yes, Alfheims are counted in your total fights for the chapter. Finding them can be bullshit and the requirements can be weird, but they don't count deaths or failures in them. So if you get demolished 10 times but get a plat on that 11th time, it only keeps that plat ranking and doesn't count your deaths.

This. The hardest chapter to me for getting anything better then a Silver is Jubee past normal mode. One death and its over and she just takes me so long to kill because I'm ass.

But even when I first picked up the game gold/plats even a few pure plats right at the start.

You can get hit multiple times and not die, retard. Why are you so committed to this idiotic middleground where you aren't INTERESTED in being good enough to get good scores but still get upset when you don't get good scores? You have an entire BAR of health but you're acting like if you get hit once you get a stone award. You have to get hit half a dozen to a dozen times to die. You have to die MULTIPLE TIMES to have your score dropped to Stone, unless all you were going to get to begin with was a Bronze. And if you were going to get a Bronze anyway, who gives a shit? If you were going to get silver, or gold, who gives a shit? It's not like this shit gets in the way of anyone who actually strives for getting a good score, because you will absolutely never be death penaltied out of a Pure Platinum medal, because to have the individual performance in every fight in the chapter to quality for a Pure Platinum medal, you didn't get fucking hit.

>shittiest design decisions

Lmao. Who the fuck are you? Have you ever decided on how a game is to be designed before? Do you even know how it works? No? Shut the fuck up.

Yes.

The game totals up points for all of your medals (4 for Pt, 3 for Gold, 2 for Silver, 1 for Bronze, 0 for Stone) and then divides by the total number of medals available to earn in the chapter; so skipping a verse is equivalent to getting all stone ranks in it.

Then it subtracts points from that average for deaths and item use (I believe it's 0.3 for items and 1 for deaths; so each death and/or 3 used items removes 1 rank on the Chapter)

>Play through a stage great
>Die on QTE
>Silver
>Replay stage knowing where QTE is
>Platinum
QTEs were worse than no healing items, since if you had to heal too much you weren't going to get a great ranking anyway.

The biggest blunder in character action scoring system was in w101 where you got actively punished for doing a combo that was too stylish since taking too long in combat lowered your score.

Because the levels are long and there's several fights? I get hit maybe 3-5 times per fight, a lot of these fights have stronger opponents that take big chunks of health away, there's no healing orbs so eventually the damage is just too much and I end up dying, it isn't rocket science.

No one is saying "just heal". Everyone is saying "just get hit less".

>literally
go back

Sure is a lot of Bayo anti-shilling going on lately. Are these people spouting pasta or are they really this bad at the game?

One-button dodging that overtakes ANY action you are currently in the middle of. It's valid reasoning. You play and learn. You get better then you ace levels. You increase the difficulty and you do the same. Get satisfaction from learning all that shit and gitting gud.

WITCH TRIAL V says fuck your wimpy shit.

>Alfheims are impossible without them
I am on chapter IX now and have completed every Alfheim so far without them. I have them now, anyway.
Git gud.

Are you just mashing the attack button until something dies? That sounds like a Stone Rank approach to me.

It's hard as fuck to get good scores your first time through.

Hell even if you play well, you can still easily die to stupid platforming or QTE bullshit. Luckily the sequel is far better about avoiding that crap.

I have never played one of this chink's games, does he really punishes you for using healing items?

Why do you think you deserve to get a better score then?

DMC and Bayo also score you on time, although DMC's scores are for the entire mission rather than individual fights.

So which is it? 1 hit to get stone, or several? Your argument has been very inconsistent. Are you sure you know what binary means?

>*drops your rank*

I used the charged Katana for that.
Isn't the Evil Rosary the best one to deal damage when you can't attack? Not like it makes any difference the fact that you can't activate witch time on the hardest difficulty.

Transformers Devastation was guilty of this sin too. Efficiency mattered more for rank than style.

Just accept you're shit at the game. I'm not good at games like this either but they're still enjoyable.

What OP isn't acknowledging is that there is a very strong, very easy to use dodge button that makes you immune. The heals are only there for if you're bad, and using them will make your score worse to reflect that.

>not getting handed stone rankings for not playing perfectly
Excuse me but I'm TERRIBLE at the game, I died on qtes more than once and STILL managed to not get stone awards for the chapter, you're just bad mate. Just practice more and stop whining.

These shit always used to kill me at first till I got towards the end and got gud

You're punished in that the meaningless trophy you get at the end of the chapter (which you can do over if you give a shit) is less spectacular. It doesn't impede your ability to progress, buy upgrades, or unlock anything.

What I don't get is that Platinum spent all the time making the fucking stupid ass touch controls no one uses and they STILL

DON'T LET YOU FUCKING REMAP THE CONTROL LAYOUT IN BAYO 1

FUCKING WHY? I WANT LOCK ON ON LEFT BUMPER!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I refuse to believe you can complete some of the "without touching the ground" Alfs without Crow Within, Afterburner Kick, and Kulshedra

this bitch also ruined Smash 4

You do get some bonus halos for a good ranking, so it does technically impede your ability to buy upgrades.

Why user are you a lefty

>The chapters should have a cutscene only mode that skips all of the combat and rewards you with a Pure Platinum

>dying more to the qtes than to the bosses
>literally pure platinum'd Jeane only to die later in a qte
Oh man I'm getting triggered.

That's odd, your picture of Cloud looks weird.

Pure Platinum super star here, get good scrub.

how in god's cock could you be so shit that you are living in a toilet and unable to remember the QTEs but managed to be good enough to pure plat jeanne in the first place

you 100% deserve your suffering

I completed the one minute one without it
>Jump on a big enemy
>Double jump at the top
>Lock on to them
>Mash shoot, making sure to mostly miss them but slow your fall
>Jump on their head while they sit on the ground helpless
>Occasionally switch to a new one

NO YOU RETARD!!

I WANT THE CONTROL LAYOUT OF BAYO 2 SO I CAN LOCK ON WITH LEFT TRIGGER AND DODGE WITH RIGHT!!

SHADDUP Jeane is mai waifu.

no, Cloud atleast has weaknesses and plays by the rules. Bayo is 100% the better character than Cloud. She just destroys neutral game.

Its balanced because your getting hit you fucking scrublord. its not about it rewarding your shitiness.

WAS MEANT FOR YOU
I'M SO PISSED!!

Any consumable item actually.

So you called yourself a retard? Wow, nerd.

>I'm shittlaking Jeanne because I'm saying she's a difficult boss that kicks my ass

okay, her having moon is stupid and they should've added a few more frames of delay on her finger snaps

I can't tell who is joking and who isn't.

i fucking sucked at the game (stones in every chapter, my kidney was in pain), but i managed to cheese my way to the end and beat the final boss (fuck the insta death blackhole).
Then i went back and replayed the stages and got silver and gold awards.

so, git gud while playing the game

Kudos, that's actually clever (and also a total gamebreak since it's not really sustaining a 60 second juggle, which is what is being tested)

Is the Kilgore glitch still present in this version? What about the magic flute glitch?

>you can't get hit at all or you get the shittiest rank
>a couple deaths forces you to get the lowest
>retrying more than once automatically gives you a stone
?

mind explaining them?

The Kilgore glitch was present in the WiiU and PC ports so probably

You scrub

Now here's the REAL question boys, has anyone managed to complete the second game in the hardest difficulty using the Evil Harvest Rosary?

>without touching the ground
You use enemy jump canceling to avoid touching the ground. What is "gamebreaking" about using the mechanics as they were intended to be used? You regain a jump each time you touch an enemy.

I assume you have never held a joycon before? The bumpers are EXTREMELY hard to reach, they're the most awkward button since the Z button in the gamecube

FUCK YOU!!!

fucking kek

That would require playing Bayonetta 2 which I really don't like playing, so no.

I mainly use a pro controller so I'm good

this is bait right?
please tell me this is bait

also not sure what u mean
the first time i played bayo in normal i got all golds/platinum, not sure how can you go lower than that

You're expected to have slightly more than a beginner's experience with the game to complete some of the secret challenges. For example, you can hold the button on every punch and kick to shoot. Some of the combos involve [wait] periods between button presses, but that's the time between letting go of, and then repressing the button. You can hold a punch for a good 2 seconds of shooting before tapping it again and the combo will continue uninterrupted. This lets you stretch single, short combos out over a longer period of time and to get more damage out of them. This is helpful if you're a bit worried about an enemy attacking you, the brief period where you hold the attack gives you a second to see if you're about to be attacked before doing the next attack.

You can also use hold attacks like this to maintain your combo while dodging. One of the books you can pickup mentions it, but I don't remember how well it explains it. Basically, you want to do a Punch Punch Kick Kick Kick combo, but enemies are on your ass, and you always get hit after the first Kick. If you hold the kick button while you dodge, then when you come out of the dodge, you will continue the combo where you left off. So, Punch Punch Kick (hold Kick, press dodge) Kick Kick. This lets you do any combo you want without ever being interrupted.

The reason you want to do that is wicked weaves, the giant fist and foot (or sword, or whip, whatever weapon you have) attacks that come out at the end of combos. These do a ton of damage and are good for your combo multiplier. If you just mash buttons, and drop your combos to dodge, you will only very rarely get any wicked weave attacks to come out because they come out at the end of (most) combos.

This is kind of long winded but that's what limited punch and kick alfheims are all about. You have limited punches and kicks, so you need to get the most out of each one. So you need to figure out the wicked weaves you can produce in the least attacks.

>pee 6 times in one day once a week for the rest of your life.
>get to kill her when she nags you
This is the dream

Kilgore glitch exploits a glitch in how projectile objects are generated; Durga's burst kick animation spawns a lot of projectiles, so if you trigger it and switch to Lt Col Kilgore right as it comes out, you will get the rapid multi-burst but it will spawn the Kilgore rockets instead (which are usually limited to 2 per attack with a big delay between due to Kilgore's modified attack anims).

So basically, you'll vomit rockets like your shoes are made of Macross.

>makes the kid throw up or throws up himself

Forgive me lord for taking the bait, but on your first playthrough unless you're a platinum game vet you shouldn't worry about your rating. Honestly they should just hide it till the end until subsequent playthroughs

It's more of an issue of the action being mapped to a Bumped. The Switch bumpers are easily the worst part of the controller, they're very awkward to press, basically they shouldn't be mapped to any action that requires constant pushing/holding

I guess it's true. Witches really can put curses on people. Everytime Bayonetta is brought up there's nothing but salt all around.

I mean that the challenge "kill all enemies without touching the ground" is pretty clearly INTENDED to skill-check your ability to juggle enemies, not goomba-hop and pewpew them from above indefinitely while they rest on the ground.

It's crafty as hell on your part but I doubt it was what the designers had in mind is all.

I started to notice this as well, goddamn she must be laughing in her grave.

Really? I've never had a problem with them, they've a fairly similar feeling to the DS3 or something. Also, the Z button is blown out of the water by the Wii U gamepad's L/R buttons.

fpbp

Having both lock-on and dodge on not just the same side of the controller as each other, but also the side of the controller with punch, kick, shoot, jump, and camera control is fucking bonkers. Especially because lock-on needs to be held most of the time during fights, so the only finger you've got for dodging, something pretty essential, is your middle finger. It's very uncomfortable. I bought the first game on steam just so I could remap the controls and put dodge on L1. And then realized that the taunt button, which was on L1 by default, also lets you dodge and you have to hold it to taunt. Oh well.

>Get only gold, plats, and pure plats
>Somehow you get a silver for your overall rank

Based on his scorecard he used tons of items

Not sure why you think you'd deserve a platinum trophy for dying twice.

See I never locked on in Bayo, except to double-tap it for Umbran Spear or very occasionally for launcher attacks.

The only thing Bayo 1 needs is an retry option. If its your first time that really the only way to get gud, its by practicing but going back to title get really fucking annoying after a while

>No Item

>Dying twice over a chapter downgrades you to silver
>Yet it barely does shit to the rating for the verse you actually died in

What the fuck are you talking about. That's LITERALLY how it's supposed to be done. How else do you think you would be able to not touch the ground without chaining enemy-steps? It doesn't say "Kill these enemies while juggling them and not touching the ground", it only asks you to stay in the air.

The fact that you think doing it like that is "crafty" means you don't understand the mechanics of the game. You get two jumps. Touching an enemy gives you one extra jump, you use this extra jump to jump off an enemy. It's that simple.

You must have extremely tiny hands

That's because it uses the succesful attempt on that chapter for your actual score in it

The deaths are reflected in the final score of the chapter dingaling

I unironically think that after dying there should be 3 choices: Retry (heals you, with a death penalty), Reload (reloads you at the checkpoint with the HP you had when you reached it), and Quit

Or at LEAST retry, restart chapter, and quit

>I don't understand what grade curve is.

Don't get hit. If you're not constantly in Witch Time you're doing it wrong. The DMC series is a million times harder.

Because when you die and continue you get put right before the verse you died in.

Quit just puts you back to the chapter start screen, it's not really any different from Restart Chapter.

Quit to title menu and then continuing from checkpoint puts you back in the middle of the chapter. It's just a slower retry checkpoint button.

lmao you have unlimited access to iframes how do you even get hit

POST YOUR FIRST RUNS, AND DON'T YOU DARE LIE ON THE INTERNET

I dunno about that, I'm about average size but holding both on the Wii U feels like crap. Your hands are too high up and don't rest as comfortably as when you've only got your index fingers on ZL/ZR

I've gone back and Pure Platinumed every difficulty so my original scores are long since lost

>How else do you think you would be able to not touch the ground without chaining enemy-steps?
I mean, I afterburner kicked up, sustained hangtime for as long as possible via combo, ABK'd again, continued hangtime sustenance, crow within'd, then Kulshedra pulled myself to the next airborne enemy

Maybe if you quit while you're still alive, I've never done that. Whenever I die and choose to quit instead of retry it takes me back to the chapter's title screen. Are you saying that if you start blowing it in the latter half of a chapter you can quit out to the title screen and choose to continue from checkpoint and it will drop you back to the middle of the chapter with no penalty?

Losing in alfhiems doesn't count as a death

Cool but it never says "combo these enemies" it says "don't touch the ground".

You quit from the pause screen, not after you die. If you let yourself die in the first place you already screwed up. And yes, if you get hit, pause, quit to title screen, then continue from checkpoint it'll bring you back to your last checkpoint with no penalty.

Does the game autosave when you die? How do you know where the mid-stage checkpoint is? Does every stage have one?

So basically an exploit? Don't tell me that the people here bragging about not dying once per level do this trick because that would just turn them into cheesers

I guess I just lack imagination. Never occurred to me to cycle enemy step on grounded enemies to do it; I instinctively tried to bring the enemy up with me for 60 seconds

>shit reaction times and can't time dodges perfectly for witch time 100%
>can't do it all in jeanne 2
i suck but i will prevail
i'll reach rodin someday

Do you have bat within?

what a day

Honestly, this. Bayonetta 1 has some problems but everything the OP is bitching about is just its difficulty, which is entirely fair.

First off, it'll say "Saving" in one of the corners of the screen. If you use this method you'll see that Bayonetta has an extremely good checkpoint system, they're sprinkled perfectly throughout each level and boss.

Often it will save just as it shows you your scorecard for a fight, so if you fuck up on combo or time it isn't very useful, but for when you know you've built enough combo and done it fast enough, then all you have to focus on is not taking damage.

Between it and the Kilgore "glitch", I've never seen any official word from Kamiya on whether these are intended or if they're considered exploits and unintended. They were never patched out as the original 360 version was never patched, though PS3 was patched (only to let you install the game to the PS3's hard drive to improve performance by about 2%), however the Wii U version of Bayonetta flattened Jeanne's chest to make her closer to the concept art and in line with her model in 2. I have no idea if Jeanne's model is the same in the PC version but that's the beside the point, plenty of opportunities to patch or change these aspects of the game but Platinum never did.

Not yet. I don't have any halos.

doing everything badly, fugget aboutit

But OP the medal requirements are low as fuck - take a look at one. You just suck buddy.

Why would they care about patching it? In the case of Jeanne breasts that was just definitely Nintendo censorship. I honestly doubt that the visual team was even aware of said exploit.

It's definitely an exploit because the game penalizes you for retrying, yet it doesn't penalize you for reloading before dying, and honestly, how would you penalize that?

pretty neat, thanks user.
never been a big fan of using bugs, but it's interesting to learn about them.

If you feel like you are frequently just barely missing your chance to dodge, it should be your top priority when you have some cash. It extend the window of opportunity a hair.

>mine looks something like this
I fucking hate QTE's in Bayonetta 1.
Jesus christ that bridge and the Glory Twins.

>bayonetta
>censored

No, Kamiya designed Jeanne to his personal preferences, and that included the flat chest. He decided that her chest wasn't flat enough and then made it more in line with Mari Shimazaki's concept art of her with the Wii U port, which continued into Bayonetta 2.

So he likes turbodyke makeup?

>easier to get PP on hard or NSC compared to Normal
what in the everliving fuck

All memes aside Bayo 1's item system really is terrible. If they're going to decimate your score to that degree, just don't include them in the game. Bayo 2 was way better, since you could actually fucking use items without ending up with a score of 0. Just hard-limiting item use was always a better system than punishing you for using items and punishing you for not using them and dying (because if you need to use items, it's because you're dying).

I don't think you should be able to get Pure Platinums with item use but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to unlock everything in the game (regular Platinum).

already beat both games but which one should I 100% first?

It sure sounds like it doesn't it? It's very different in practice.

both at the same time

These make me mad every time they happen. You have no idea when a cutscene is suddenly going to give you an instant death QTE with almost no time to react.

>bayo hate in smash 4 is homophobia according to that Tweek retard
This is why the smash community is mocked.

Them being gone and the Chain Chomp being a weapon is why 2 > 1

I can see you are lying, I died once in a boss fight and had Platinum medal rating for it and still got Bronze award for the chapter.
But most importantly, why do you care about the score, shouldn't you just be playing the game for the enjoyment?
If not then get good at the game and it will award you with a better rank, seems logical.

Anyone want the 50% off steam coupon for Bayo? Send me a trade link and I'll throw it your way.

>Using items in any Platinum game
>Ever

I have never played Bayonetta and I'm drawn by the gameplay, but I have a really hard policy about not playing any overtly sexualized game, is this stuff bread and butter in the franchise or is it easily ignored?

The items are only there to help people who are struggling. Getting bronze and stone awards literally don't affect anything, I don't see why it's an issue.
I always saw it as a good motivator for people to want to get better. If they're always getting stone and bronze they'd stop and think what they need to do to get higher medals, that's what DMC did for me growing up.

>using items in any game
>ever

do you care to explain why you don't play sexualized games

and no it isn't really, her finishing move is literally called "climax"

The only correct thing to do when you get hit (other than not getting hit) is to restart the chapter.

pure elegance

Because I think that it's an extremely lame strategy to garner attention and in most cases it's also used to cover major flaws. Main reason why I don't like Street Fighter is because they use gigantic tits and asses to mask a mediocre fighting system and character movesets, so overtly sexualized games are usually a red flag to me.

Don't get hit, that way you won't need to heal.

honestly even though it's supposed to be sexualized it isn't really at the forefront of the game. the gameplay and story is what the game really focuses on. any sexualization is just little fan service here and there. but the gameplay is where its at.

>Tag Climax
>Harvest rosary
>Max Halos
>Sloth
>Resentment
>Balder
>Loptr
>Aesir
>Rodin

>I don't like Street Fighter is because they use gigantic tits and asses to mask a mediocre fighting system
git gud

>Main reason why I don't like Street Fighter is because they use gigantic tits and asses to mask a mediocre fighting system and character movesets
That's not how you spell Dead or Alive.

The weapons in 2 are a lot cooler aesthetically, it's a shame they're largely so much worse to use than the first game's.

>Mained the katana in Bayo 1
>They turned it into a slow useless hammer in 2
Why

you know shuraba is in 2 right

>start associating blow jobs with the smell of vomit

Different difficulties have different encounters.

Plus NSIC disables witch time, which means less score so the requirements are reflected.

is this bait? I'm a casual fuck, but even I got some Golds and Silvers in this game

>not the get out of jail free card
>cheat on wife free pass

Game is crawling with major fanservice, the girl goes naked whenever she performs a powerful attack, she literally moans in the first level when she's getting a disguise teared into pieces, theres cinematic angles after dodging where she goes into face down-ass up pose and she constantly licks/bites her lips. There's also a scene where she straights up pounces on a guy and rides him cowgirl for a second, even passing her hand through her pussy (not even kidding here).

Oh and they created a 1 handed mode for the original game with the sole intention of marketing it with a masturbation pun ("you'll have 1 hand completely free to do WHATEVER YOU WANT ;););)")

So yeah it's pretty sexualized

I don't like your fanfiction for how easy automatic mode came to be

INTERESTING
DOESN'T LOOK LIKE BAYONETTA HAS FAMILY FUN

Bayo 1 was too harsh on your score for using items. But bayo 2 is too lax, you can cheese the game with yellow lollipops for easy pure platinums.

Wonderful 101 did it better. There was no penalty for using health recovery items because being hit in the first place is already harmful enough to your rank. But other items carried a penalty.

that's pretty gay user

>Nintendo puts out all-ages games
>AW LOOK AT THE WIDDLE BABY TOY THEY CAN'T MAKE A REAL GAME XD BROS!!!!

>Nintendo puts out an M-rated action game
>WOW LOOK AT THEM STOP BEING FAMILY ORIENTED THEY'RE GETTING REALLY PATHETIC BROS!!!!

Now call me a soyboy and accuse me of reddit spacing, whatever the fuck that is.

You're totally right, the fact that there's only one person on Cred Forums and he's such a hypocrite is truly a shame.

it's actually a dunkey reference

No fucking shit do you really think every game on Nintendo is casual family garbage like Wii Sports? Bayonetta will kick your ass.

>Games main mechanic is dodging
>Punishes you for dodging at the end of the game with zero warning
The game was fun up until that point. The game constantly emphasized witch time using it for practically everything, even making you do puzzle and platforming specifically to train you to use it all for the game to basically slap you across the face for relying the one thing it kept its focus on.

I thought it was dumb that they pretty much taught you to rely on witch time for combat, then made you fight enemies you couldn't trigger witch time against.

Especially given that some of those monsters were designed in the first place in their easier variants to be fought with witch time...

The game's main mechanics are dodge offset and wicked weaves, witch time is just a crutch that Jeanne and the WT-immune enemies were supposed to wean you off of.

It's designed to be played WITHOUT witch time, not with it. Witch time is just training wheels to give you time to learn how to play and learn enemy movesets.

Not him, but it can't make up its mind on this.

It throws enemies you can't witch time at you at the same time it throws enemies at you that it punishes you for trying to combo outside of witch time.

There are, say it with me, ZERO enemies in Bayonetta 1 that are designed around Witch Time, and there are ZERO (again, important number) of enemies that you are punished for trying to combo outside of Witch Time. Not Gracious, not Glorious, not Joy, not Jeanne. Combing these enemies is simply more complicated.

No, it can make it's mind up on this, because on the hardest difficulty witch time is completely disabled, it isn't on a per-enemy basis. You can fight every enemy without witch time. Here's a tip: hold combos with the guns let you attack enemies without getting close enough to be punished easily. Wicked weaves are also not limited by range, and will target the enemy you're targeting even if they're on the other side of the room.

>and there are ZERO (again, important number) of enemies that you are punished for trying to combo outside of Witch Time.
I mean, you can be condescending all you want, but there are. That doesn't mean you can't fight them without it, but that it's significantly harder/more tedious because of things like combo interrupts, hyper armor, projectile spam, etc.

If you are playing the game based around most efficient methodology, a player would absolutely see witch time as integral to combat.

Wrong again.

why not start with very easy and play through the different difficulties?
how come you aren't reflecting enough about yourself to realise your attitude is embarrassing ?

Why were her suckers so small while their sticks are so long?

Learn 2 dodge offset.

If you space yourself correctly and use dodge offset, your combos will never be interrupted. It is certainly more difficult to fight without witch time, but you aren't punished just for trying to play without it, you're punished for playing poorly without it.

Acquire proficiency

Not that guy, but it's way more work to not use witch time and there's more risk involved not using it. That's a solid incentive to try to use it every chance you get.

>No, it can make it's mind up on this, because on the hardest difficulty witch time is completely disabled, it isn't on a per-enemy basis.
Moon counter accessory lets you use witch time in unlimited climax mode. Also while you can fight how you describe its just boring to spam pkp from across the room. Not to mention gives you a shit score.

>get out of the dog house free card
????????????

The guy is just gatekeeping over how he thinks the absolute hardest mode meant for hardcore players is clearly the only way the game was ever intended to be experienced.

>Moon counter accessory lets you use witch time in unlimited climax mode
It doesn't actually. It will let you get Witch Time with a perfect parry off of Gracious and Glorious on Hard and below, however.

I smell mad cus bad

You might be right. I was specifically thinking of gracious and glorious so it might have been hard mode not infinite climax. The sword counter does still function though right? I honestly haven't played the game since I beat rodin 5ish years ago and I never completed infinite climax mode. Got to stage 5 before I decided to try to beat rodin instead.

I'm not saying you should be aiming not to use it on the modes where it's available, witch time is going to happen just by playing the game normally on the modes it's allowed in.

Saying the weaves go across the room was just an example, I'm just saying you don't need to facefuck dangerous enemies if you don't want to be right next to them while you burn your way through a combo.

No, I never said anybody needs to play on infinite climax. I'm just using it as proof that the game functions perfectly fine without witch time, in response to claims that it's somehow bad design that the game (on normal) throws some tough enemies at you toward the end that disable it, and the other claim that some enemies were designed to be fought with witch time. There are even accessories you can purchase and use on normal mode that disable your ability to use witch time in favour of other playstyles.

I can admit I fucking suck at these games and even I manage to get a better reward than stone.,

Seriously OP, at least tr to get better at the game.

Nobody you responded to ever said you couldn't play without witch time, just that the game promotes you to use it.

The very first post that kicked this off was complaining that the game eventually takes it from you, calling it a slap in the face and the only thing the game was focused around.

Which isn't saying it's impossible to play the game without witch time.

I never intended anything I wrote to sound like I thought somebody was saying it's impossible to play without witch time. I also never intended anything I said to come across as though I was saying it isn't harder without it.

I can't even imagine being such a faggot stick in the mud that I would intentionally avoid games with good gameplay, because there are sexual parts added in.

I don't see the appeal in bayo outside the massive potential. What is funny though how the main combat system was pretty great if abit simple but the game makes it a mission to take that gameplay away and have you in some gay vehicle or qte or that mode where all her moves are hair attacks and it becomes a more boring gow. I'd just replay the bosses desu.

>You basically CAN'T get good ranks on your first playthrough
Bayonetta 1 was very obviously designed to be completed for Pure Platinum with just default guns only.

> only do X kicks/punches
can be pure platted with default guns only (at least for normal, for hard and up you need other weapons to reach enough points/dps)

> stay in the air
can be done with default guns

> out of body
okay that one kinda requires "gaze of despair"

> I'm just using it as proof that the game functions perfectly fine without witch time,
> You can fight every enemy without witch time.

It sure seemed like you were, even when explaining yourself later.

Just play on easy mode, It's more fun for less effort.

>7 days required for reward
>put toilet seat down
>no nagging for a week is reward
I admit, I chuckled.

Default guns, yes, but you won't have all the techniques or moves like Afterburner Kick.

> but the game makes it a mission to take that gameplay away ... that mode where all her moves are hair attacks and it becomes a more boring gow
> I'd just replay the bosses desu.
but the bosses ARE that mode

What I said earlier that I'll repeat as it's my main point here, is that the game doesn't inherently punish you for trying to fight enemies without witch time. It punishes you for making mistakes, like it always does. In terms of semantics, sure, it is harder to not make mistakes without witch time so you could argue that that itself is a "punishment", but to me, to say the game is punishing the player implies that the game is trying to stop the player from playing the game wrong.

Sure, I'm just saying, what you said before absolutely builds an argument that you thought people thought you couldn't play without witch time.

Does anyone know if the Bayonetta 2 discount for buying Bayo 1 is permanent or temporary?

I was going to try a pure platinum run, but the bullshit difficulty of enemies and all the tricks you had to do like absurd backtracking, and then the lack of a decent save feature made me realize it was a waste of time.

sounds like a paragraph describing how you suck balls.

>fighting angels again instead of the humanoid bosses

Woah kek you tried me for someone with a mental illness. Why would someone even assume this? I guess they are actually bosses but does anyone like button mashing weave attacks why that rather than gitting gud no hitting the Jeanne fights?

Dying once in any difficulty means you're playing the game wrong at a fundamental level. This is not a difficult game on normal.

Anyone know what this thing is? I was just minding my own business in tag climax and then he kicks my ass. Never seen him in story mode.

I managed to pure plat it. It sounds daunting but its not too bad really. A hell of a lot easier than a certain other game which we wont mention. Just abuse the i-frames, theyre huge in this game

i would have conceded your point if you used a more useful move than AB Kick, like testuzanko or heel stomp.

Umbran Portal Kick is also mandatory to dodge angel boat fire on NSIC but that like 50 hours after you complete Normal campaign.

Default moveset honestly has more moves than you think. Like finishers on downed enemies or catching enemies in the air and throwing them around is available from the get go.

> Bayonetta 1
> humanoid bosses
> bosses
> plural

Balder

Can't even tell what I'm looking at m8

Git fucking gud.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpNNmba0TY4

There we go. Can't kill him since the CPU is useless on boss types.

> does not even walk, nor "jump"
> all his attacks are remote -- even his sword is half the size of the area you are in, basically has no melee
> so it doesn't matter where he is -- since all his attacks will hit from any place
humanoid my ass

Fpbp

Nah.

>Especially because lock-on needs to be held most of the time during fights
lol

You need forget bad DMC habits to clutching lock-on at all times.

Bayonetta locks-on during: hold gunfire, manual gunfire, taunt. Use it.

Stop clutching lock-on.

The only reason to press lock-on button at all is to do a tetsuzanko on a remote enemy, and otherwise it's compeltely atavistic.

>This is the power of Soytch players

>Have the opportunity to fully heal every time you kill an enemy
What are you talking about bro? MGR is the perfect tutorial for Bayonetta.

>MGR is the perfect tutorial for Bayonetta.
Bayonetta is perfect tutorial for Bayonetta

You know this game is on four other platforms, and OP doesn't specify which version.

>20% chance
you're really swinging for the fences, aren't you?

Never ever soynigger :^)

>point of post was about the lack of time spent as regular bayo with the regular battle system
>state I like fights that have this bayo and criticized the game for it
>for some reason state all of the nuances of the boss and qualities that make him non humanoid when that was not even the main point

I'm no fan so correct me if I'm wrong I only played through the game once. But the main point was the game was just riddled with shit qtes and shit like autoscrollers it baffles me that it's so well talked about.

Fans of bayo how do you feel about these sections. Yeah afterburner is cool but that almost made me quit the game then I had to ride that missle.

Bayo came out in 2009, why the sudden threads if not for the Switch release last week?

is this videogames?

Is it normal to not be cuhrazee with combos and shit for a first run? Been years since I played a Platinum game bar Automata, but that was an easy game without a complex combo system and didn't really punish bad skill or reward high skill either. Then again I never downloaded the DLC arena thing so maybe it changed.

I haven't played Bayo in years and it's coming in the mail tomorrow. I forgot, can you not start on Hard your first run through?

Of course it's normal. These types of crazy games require an understanding of the rules the game sets up. Even if you are familiar with the game, starting from scratch has you beginning with limited abilities and movesets.

>for some reason state all of the nuances of the boss and qualities that make him non humanoid when that was not even the main point
???

You were the one starting with "humanoid" thing.

>>point of post was about the lack of time spent as regular bayo with the regular battle system
???

Bike and rocket segments are 15 minutes both in total. The entire campaign is around 12-15 hours. Vehicle section is literally 1/60 of the entire game.

You spend OVERWHELMING majority of the game with regular combat.

This is the point where I stopped playing. I don't recall why, but I never got back to playing. Was thinking about picking up the Switch Combo. How is it?

>15mins
>12-15 hours

Did we play the same game or am I the only one this really bothers?

Hey dipshit you know Bayonetta was on PS3, right?

taunt first, dodge, practice your combos, repeat

fire at enemies when they're too far away to keep the combo going duh

don't get hit first, try to hit enemies second

This guy knows.
Completed 1 again at the weekend. Really forgot about these until they arrived. Forced me for work on triggering witch time

You're a fucking retard, I'm not even the guy you're replying to. I just beat the whole game in like nine hours blind.

hold jump

But that's the point I'm trying to make the dude said 15 and that the sections was 15 mins. Aren't the sections whole chapters?

nope

Its your good doggo Labolas. Only a boss in Tag Climax and if I recall is pretty damn difficult.

See

well it does help you with the moon of mahaa kahla

been wanting to get a switch and also try out bayonetta for a while now and this seems like the time to get both. since you get both games should i play the 2nd game first or go in order?

Repeat for idiots:
AS I'VE TOLD YOU 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 TIMES, PRACTICE IF YOU WANT A GOOD AWARD.
DONT PLAY LIKE A 6 YEAR OLD

in either case jumping to 1 or 2 will make you realize that there'll be changes in some of the mechanics
go in order if you don't want to get spoiled in 2 when you jump to the bayo1 later,also since the plot of both games can get batshit insane at the end, playing bayo1 first will save you some headachesjust some

Play in order. The story of 2 builds a lot off of 1 so there's that, also since 1 is a harder game it'll condition you to not get rolled on by some of the harder segments of 2.

THE PLOT LOOPS

ding dong blocku

There are a lot of minor QoL improvements in Bayonetta 2, so you'll miss them in Bayo1 if you play 2 first.

I don't wanna start a fight here but could you mention which ones

go in order then. thanks for the input.

The only extremely bad game design choice I have a grip with in Bayonetta 1 is the extremely fast QTEs that if you fail, you die.

Like the one where you're in a church and Fortitudo shoots a fireball at you, I knew it was happening having played the game before but the Y button prompt comes flying in so fast that I didn't have time to actually hit the right button purely by reaction and not knowing it was Y.

if I remember in Bayonetta 2 at most they just punish you by hurting bayonetta instead of killing her.

Why in the everloving fuck wouldn't you play in order

This is the most successful bait I've seen in a while. Bravo.
>stone
You really went all out.

>that QTE that changed the button everytime you retried it

do you care to name which one

dont get hit nigga

>cutscene from some new enemy
>less than one second after you get control again you get hit

every time

unironically this

immediately dodge. how do you feed yourself?

I believe RE4 did it with the Krauser fight.

Oh I thought you meant Bayonetta, in which case I was gonna be forced to Pure Platinum your ass cheeks

>defending nonsensical game design

love it

>You start with your animal within abilities (exception being bat within I think, but you can buy that right away)
>Devil Trigger is a better investment to a magic gauge than torture attacks
>Less obscene backtracking for hidden verses
>Muspelheims aren't very hidden for something that is required for completion
>They also aren't obscenely hard for the above reason

I thought maybe I was just better at the game when I did Bayonetta 2 but it turns out Bayonetta 1 is just plain harder off the bat.

>defending being retarded
you sure do

To be fair most of the time it's a monster attacking you at the end of a cutscene straight into gamaeplay but it's still kind of dumb.

the retarded people are the ones that thought it was a good idea to put in the game and wouldn't just annoy people

How many times did you die to the car flying into your face on the highway before the QTE decided to work for you

once
how many times did you died when you got that fucking witch heart that made you go to the opposite way

>Like the one where you're in a church and Fortitudo shoots a fireball at you, I knew it was happening having played the game before but the Y button prompt comes flying in so fast that I didn't have time to actually hit the right button purely by reaction and not knowing it was Y.
Note 2 blue-ish circles homing in QTE UI prompt -- they tell you the timing and which button to press.

The speed of the circles tells you the timing.

Color of the circles tells you the button.

Colour scheme corresponds to xbox 360 colours.

Circle and a "schwing" sound effect both appear a second before QTE prompt appears.

Say what you want about the game being "cinematic" but you gotta admit at least the series has some of the most entertaining cut scenes in an action game.

>Put on the link costume
>remember it comes with built in Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa

It was only the "which button" part for me.

Honestly I feel like they should have the Y prompt on screen way earlier than that and have the circles shrink around it.

you'll notice the two sexy things are things that can't be done regularly or on demand

No, you get half a skull and crossbones depending on the lolipop if its small and you use it 3 times its one rank down if its a megapop 2 uses and its a rank down

I was just chiming in as an additional game that does it. Not that guy, nor have I played either one (just got both for Switch).

>should i play the 2nd game first
fuck me. every time.

>You basically CAN'T get good ranks on your first playthrough.

man nigga fuck you. You can at least get silvers and mostly golds and plats in a first play through. Sure you cant get many pure platinums but you can get good ranks just not the best. ya shitty nerd you

This is why I hate fucking Souls games and probably why I didn't care for Bayonetta back when I tried it a few years back, I just don't have the patience to git gud. I want a game that is fun with simplistic controls and objectives that has steadily increasing challenge while being fairly easy at the beginning.

Musous

Pretty much. for time I almost always get Platinums, combos are usually platinums with golds if I'm not mixing it up enough, and the only thing really detracting from my score is getting hit, missing Verses or dying to cutscene QTEs

Magic is used for quick Wicked Weaves and when you transform you can use the stored magic for other attacks, Basically the moves that go Back, forward and Punch/Kick will consume an orb and summon a wicked weave instantly.

>fucking hate bayonetta because never got good at it
>too late to shitpost in this thread now
better luck next time i guess

>played through the first game when it came out
>didn't bother to play it when I bought 2 on the wii u
>finally play it again before playing 2 for the switch

90% of why I liked Bayonetta was just nostalgia and so much of the game is bad. It made me appreciate 2 a lot more though. Fuck the 8 minutes of the looping motorcycle track and fuck the 10 minute missile.

>first time playing Bayonetta
>pick normal
>mostly silvers with a few gold even though I'm missing some missions or whatever in some of the stages
>one bronze in one of the lava levels
I have yet to get a stone award
I thought bronze was the lowest

>I just don't have the patience to git gud. I want a game that is fun with simplistic controls and objectives that has steadily increasing challenge while being fairly easy
then play souls

alright, i'll tell you how to git gud.
dude, you gotta learn how to dodge. lucky most enemies have a visual and audio cue when they are about to attack. learn to react when hearing/seeing it. after awhile of that, learn how to dodge offset. what's dodge offset? google it.
if you really suck at this game, i suggest you just stick with one weapon to get a feel for the game (the guns, katana/guns).
save up halos for a accessories called Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa, its the best one because it lets you parry attacks, the input is similar in MGR revengeance (forward+attack). you can also parry between attacks if you get combo from an enemy.
there nothing wrong with replaying a stage again to get a better rank. also if you want, if you pause and select "go to title" or whatever it called, you can restart that verse you left and come back, so you can get a better rank without replaying the whole chapter.
also, Tetsuzanko and Heel Stomp are your friends, they are really good when you have magic.
i think that most of it, i could be missing something or whatever. good luck, now git gud faggot.

I loved those parts. Just laughed all the way through email because they were so in your face and dumb

I guess I won't be buying Bayo after all. All this shit reminds me how "fun" it was trying to max the rank in DMC3 on first playthrough.

Them. Fuck!

>on first playthrough
why would you do that

that's fine, just don't be like OP and demand that every game be custom tailored to them
some of us like games like bayonetta and souls games

I didn't know any better. It was ages ago and I had no strategy guides or tips. I thought the game was just badly designed.

Honestly most of the basics are outlined here. I would add that you should keep positioning in mind, don't get gang banged, basically.

I hope your ass is ready

>Get bayonetta 1 on switch
>Plays great until the plane sinking in the water, and the golem fight in chaper 15

That golem fight got to like 12 fps at points, god damn...

>also if you want, if you pause and select "go to title" or whatever it called, you can restart that verse you left and come back, so you can get a better rank without replaying the whole chapter
Shit, I didn't know that.

Docked or undocked? Without a cozy tag climax mode I'll probably just enjoy the first game docked all the time.

Undocked.

The whole fight was a damn chug. The fight with boaty mcboatface right after outside the building also put my camera into the wall for like 40 seconds.

Was the lipstick backstory ever brought up in the first game or did they just retcon it to have a significant meaning instead of just being cool?

Pretty sure Kamiya mentioned it belonged to Bayo's mother in his developer commentary, if I'm misremembering then it was in the Eyes of Bayonetta official artbook in the dev commentary there, I don't remember anything about it in the game itself though.

The first time I fought these guys they wasted me, then I tried again and got a gold rating, then I fought them again later in that level and they wasted me twice before I was able to beat them.

The bullet Bayonetta shoots Balder with says "Balder and Rosa: With Love Until the End of Time"

Nothing in game.

That's kind of a bummer. Feels like reviewers and such just kinda glanced at undocked mode and assumed everything was just fine.

I played a good chunk of 2 undocked and it has some quirks as well, mainly the non-animated cutscenes being jaggy as fuck for some baffling reason. It's strange because the rest of the game looks fine, and you'd think the simplest scenes wouldn't be that demanding.

>just kinda glanced at undocked mode and assumed everything was just fine.
This is happening in reviews for a lot of games and it is really starting to piss me off.

>OH WOW THIS IS GREAT IN DOCKED MODE!
>has bad frame drops in undocked mode.

Like, the system's most differentiating feature, the thing that doesn't just make it a repackaged wii u, is that the damn thing works as a handheld. Review the games undocked, too.

>get pushed over by some dumb dog
>die
>playing as her makes you take more damage than if you use Bayonetta

>flat
>superior fashion sense
>superior hairstyle in both games
>YOU MADDAFACKA
>Moth Within really makes you git gud
>rides a cool motorcycle
why is jeanne so perfect

This is why people don't like soulsfags

Is this a recommendation to play the Dynasty Warriors games?

It's almost like you need different strategies for different enemies or something

Extend your healthbar, replay, don't get hit, definitely don't heal with items. Just pretend items don't exist.
Replay levels when you have better stats and skill.

>modern western women
ick

>tfw remembering getting the gun-chuks in Bayonetta 1 takes fucking forever

They were my favorite too.

Souls games are harder than bayonetta.

They're totally worth it unlike Rodin.

I swear Monty must've played this game because the weapons are bloody fucking sick.

Wait what?
How do you get them?

Why are you so shitty at this game? I think you’re some kind of geriatric fuck that can’t dodge properly in a game with obviously telegraphed attacks and a dodge button that will override any input. Do you not understand the game runs on the dodge offset mechanic? I’ve been replaying the game since it’s launch and I forgot/never used any healing items throughout my plays. So you’re either not destroying plants or boxes and shit around the level for healing items, or you suck too much dick at the game because enemies even have a chance to drop healz. Stop shit talking a decent game because you’re too ass blasted shit to play it properly. That, or go crying to mommy over hard gayme

>Souls games are harder than bayonetta.

Play 100 chapters.
This can mean playing through the game a few dozen times or just playing the same chapter over and over.

have to do 100 chapters on normal or higher.

She does bruce lee noises too and the wicked weaves are palm slaps

complete 100 chapters on normal difficulty
prologue and bosses counts
youtube.com/watch?v=y4c60hov2-c

>Jeanne is a school teacher/college professor
>Bayonetta is a legitimate nun
>They live together
>Jeanne also likes being a cat themed superhero named Cutie J
>the ladies that Luka mentions would miss him if he died are in fact his pets
>Enzo is also an informant for Dante
>Rodin likes penguins

I just drilled through bayonetta on hard in two sittings.

This isn't that hard, mate.

Holy fuck that looks great
But it reminded me of when i did a Plat playthrough on Hard and the game didn't gave me Jeanne

I really want the Jeanne spinoff game Kamiya wanted to make about her being a teacher. It would be like the magic schoolbus but with murder.

I'm finding that the game doesn't even punish you that badly for using regular items, but if you die more than once, you say goodbye to getting a good rating for the level and with the insta-death QTEs it's really hard if its your first time and you're not expecting them.

Wah wah wah you think you deserve anything “average” for fundamentally playing like shit? Go cry to mommy

>This isn't that hard, mate.
exactly, pally

>>Enzo is also an informant for Dante
>it's true

well shit

Also, wasn't it suggested that Jeanne is actually the historical Jeanne D'arc (Joan of Arc)? They have the same birthday.

which is better bayonetta 1 or 2?

you have INFINITE DODGING
how the FUCK can you die to enemies

no seriously
how fucking shit are you at videogames

Wait but Bayonetta has a kid and very clearly has a thing for men in both games.

actually you can only dodge up to 5 times in a combo unless you're Jeanne

>by cleaning shit that comes out of the baby's mouth I'll allow you to throw shit inside my mouth

what a slut

She doesn't and there's a strong suggestion that she's a virgin (until living with jeanne)

OP must be Anita $arkee$ian in disguise.

you can go outside without her and she won't ask you where you went
it's basically a free "cheat on me" bonus

How do you guys dodge in cluster fuck boss battles? The Balder fight for example, it's a fucking mess.

Any good gifs of this game, or mp4s or whatever. Of shit like this?

>not countering

Stop sperging out and watch out for his obvious moves. Just relax, the pace of any fights in Bayo aren’t all over the place like you think it might be

Bayonetta was designed as Kamiya's perfect woman. A straight woman. What you are talking about is headcannon.

You got some people with your bait. Now fuck off

Wrong. Kamiya and Mari even stated his waifu is Jeanne. He was even more hyped when she made Jeanne’s ass bigger and more flat chested when designing her in the sequel.

there were also 50% off coupons on steam. Do you think I will enjoy bayo if I do like dmc? Witch time seems like cheating a bit

Do you mean the item that blocks when you press in the direction of the attack? I never got it to work outside the practice. Help!

To me, it looks like a total cluster fuck, especially in co-op. I can't tell if he's staggered or recovered and ready to attack.

I mean, my biggest issue was that they mapped the dodge button to be the same fucking button used to transform

What is dodge offset?

You must be REALLY bad at games in general if you think Bayonetta is hard enough to whine about it.
Bayonetta was one of the first ''CRUAHZZZZEYY!!'' action games that I ever played and I managed to get gud enough to earn gold and plat trophies about 3-5 hours into the game. Not only that but I was playing the fucking PS3 version with constant fps drops and delayed controls and I still managed to have fun with it.

The healing is just there as a crutch so that players like you can still finish the game, all of the other medals are there for intermediate and advanced players to strive for to give the game more replayability. If they lowered the requirements, the games replayability would get severely reduced. Nothing wrong about that, it's just that you are one of those players that want to get rewarded for just starting the fucking game. Maybe retail World of Warcraft is better for someone like you.
So can you do us all a favor and stop posting? Since you sound like one of those game reviewers that whines about how hard their jobs are becuase they have to play games that might be a bit on the harder side from time to time.

>The Balder fight
mash sword and jerk the stick towards him

that's unironically it -- easy pure platinum

youtube.com/watch?v=NOVVmm4KOm4

Just have Bayo directly face the oncoming opponent, let go of the stick before tapping it in the direction of the oncoming attack. No extra inputs needed like in MGR. Just practice getting the hang of it in the first couple of Verses first then. You should find a few mobs of enemies to practice on. Works on projectiles, too, since I vaguely remembering countering those trumpet angels’ slow moving balls.

Just play the game dude, don't worry about your score right now since the game is designed around the idea that you are supposed to get shit scores the first few chapters before unlocking enough new combos and accessories to be able to push through that barrier.
It's the games way of getting you to replay the game once you have played through it once, by pretty much taunting you, the devs hope that they chipped at your ego enough to want to go back and improve your scores in all of the previous chapters. It's actually pretty ingenius when you think about it. Especially since you just proved that it works.

You can literally stop TIME just dodge the moment you see any of the monsters tells and yell ''TZHA WORLDO!'' and just beat the everloving fuck out of them. Fuck me, is it really so hard to just press a fucking button the moment any enemy sneezes in your general direction?

just leave the seat down and get piss all over it. you've followed the rules and she can't complain.

>tfw Balder and Rodin only playable in tag climax

why would it be cheesing if you are restarting from a previous checkpoint, that's the whole purpose of checkpoints

you will probably not believe me but bayonetta is so highly sexualized that the counter breaks and goes to infinite negativity so you don't see her sexy at all, there is something odd about her figure that doesn't make you excited, when she tries to do sexy poses she reminds me of a spider more than a woman

Desu after the first three chapters the sexuality started flying over my head, I was engrossed more in the actual game than anything