Bought a PS4 during Gamestop's Black Friday sale

>Bought a PS4 during Gamestop's Black Friday sale
>Also bought a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn
>Finally finished it

That game was amazing. The PS4 was my first console since the PS2 and I think HZD made a good first impression for the PS4. Great visuals, great story, great gameplay, and cute protagonist.

Should I change genres? I was thinking Monster Hunter or switching over to a fighting game.

nice bait faggot

Monster Hunter World is a good one. Have you played Monhan games before?

I have a problem with incredibly long and shitty linear intros that last for 2-3 hours
Might be adhd, but the game is fun if you can ignore that

In HZD you run around fighting big machines. Would I get tired of it if I was playing MH and running around fighting big monsters?

How was the intro linear? The whole story has different facets to it from beginning to end. The game is very long, but at least you get your money's worth.

If you can learn the controls and tough it out, MHW is a hell of a game. First game I've spent more than 150 hours in since Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

You should pick up the DLC for it, it's pretty good

walk through cave, get linear tutorial from dad, go and have a long montage of training, get told to meet your dad somewhere for the trial, go and buy the shit you need, kill a robot, get dropped in city with tons of mediocre dialogue about a subpar story, go up and kill a robot to get a trophy, some linear platforming, get ambushed by dudes in mountain

It was really fucking boring and I probably have ADHD, but I had a hard time getting into persona 4 for the same reason, a long intro with little to no actual gameplay or freedom in what is essentially a RPG
Although, Horizon is really fun when it lets you go around and do a ton of stuff and hunt robots, but most of the intro is not actually hunting robots, it is sub par story and boring characters

I thought the story was good, but a little convoluted in the sense that if you played in a span of 2-3 months (like I did) there are some parts you forget. I'm not the type of guy that sits down and finishes the game in one weekend.

Did they ever answer was Aloy was shunned? or why Rost was shunned? The beginning of the story was "Muh mom" but it changed, so that's good.

I plan on it after I take a small break from the title.

I have the complete edition in the mail. Hoping it arrives tomorrow.
Unironically excited to play this game. Just hope I haven't set my own hopes too high

>great gameplay

Aloy was outcast because of how she was born, to make a long story short. I don't believe Rost's past was explained much

How did the Matriarchs know? From what I understand she was mysteriously found at front of a sealed door. The Matriarchs couldn't go back there because they didn't have Sobeck's genetic print.

That's the thing, the door (which the tribe believed was their goddess) is inside their holy mountain, where only the matriarchs would have permission to enter. One of them believed she was sent by the goddess, the other believed it was a trick by the devil, and they reached the compromise of exile rather than infanticide

Good point. I played the game in a span of 2 and half months so some parts I might have forgotten.

Also, what's your theory on the ending?
I thought it made Sylens pretty sinister looking. They also never touched on that huge robot with tentacles found in the mountains.

Eh, it's your usual sequel setup. As far as Sylens goes, not sure if I'd agree that he's sinister. He pursues knowledge and information more than anything else, which strictly by itself isn't evil. Though what he does to get that knowledge or what he does with it is another story.

I am playing this first time in hardest difficulty
what's your difficulty ?

True but he had a weird look on his face. He did create the Eclipse which was guaranteed to do harm. Who’s to say he wouldn’t do something similar to find out Hade’s origins?

>Great visuals
30 FPS
>great story
The definition of average mary sue shit
>cute protagonist.
Maybe if they had gone with the concept art

I stopped play HZD about a year ago, after getting to the part of the story where you climb to the top of a multi-story building and listen to a hologram of a woman who made the robots, or something... I just got bored of the story. Does it get better?

I’m not a FPS autist so I didn’t notice the game is in 30 FPS.

She was a Mary Sue but it never crossed my mind lol but at the same time she earned the respect everyone had for her. At the beginning of the game every shunned her.

Her being a redhead gave her more of a unique look. Aloy is cute.

Odd considering the story is what everyone loves about this game.

>Aloy is cute
No
>unique look
Unique doesn't imply good

She is cute.

Why can't Sony make mutliplayer games anymore? I would have preferred a new Killzone game.

these type of nothing stupid comments have become less and less, I'm guessing because the console warriors have lost interest in bashing it and more people actually played the game.

Aloy isn't particularly great at anything without the help of the player, the idea that she's a mary sue is absurd.

30fps meme which is only conveniently used for games for people want to dislike, as opposed to games they want to like then it's OK

I got the impression that HZD was supposed to be multiplayer but for a first game it would've been too much to get to work. the makers of the game are pretty big into monster hunter, multi is coming in the next game

They still support shadowfall

>I'm guessing because the console warriors have lost interest in bashing it
No, people just lost interest in the game, because it was completely forgettable.

Indeed she is. In an ugly dog kind of way.

you are literally posting in a thread about hzd, how is it forgotten. there's at least one thread up all day, every day.

As cute as a potato can look I guess.

Her body is pretty nice too actually

what outfit is this??

It would be nice if she had a paper bag over her head

DLC outfit

post the carja blazon set

Rost's is literally explained in a bit of dialogues after you save the Nora towards the end of the game. He became a Death-Seeker to get revenge on the outlanders that killed his wife and child.

You should get Kat's game

I forgot the name of that black armor that Vanasha wears. It’s aesthetic as fuck.

i got both games go away

>dead online
no thanks

>Walk through cave tutorial
You know that you are in an area you can explore with side-missions inside right?
There is just a door that is closed. It isn't linear.

Soon...

soon when though. I want to play it, since apparently my SFV save data isn't good enough to get me the ryu quest, I need to have AE save data and there's no way i'm buying the game again.

update SFV, AE is a free update you pleb

Again, i'm not going to rebuy that piece of trash. I got rid of it about a week after launch because it was so fucking bad. Now they don't sell the game anymore unless you buy that $60 version.

There is a literal cave in which a tutorial takes place. Where child Aloy finds the focus. Which is followed by incredibly linear and scripted hunting lessons with Rost. All of this is before you get any freedom.

plus DOAVV outfits

None of that takes much time though.
It is rather short.

>Buy it
>install
>create save game.
>return/refund