youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
youtube.com/watch?v=qCE4pHiGTXs
youtube.com/watch?v=lTaejOJQDaI
youtu.be/hw2sb8MXUAk?t=2664
steamcommunity.com/app/410320/discussions/0/2592234299532510692/
youtube.com/watch?v=BTGZlflKzuw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HOLY FUCK

Please for the love of FUCK bring this to the west.

I don't know why it hasn't happened yet, 4.1 on Steam sold like crazy.

これを西に届けてください

Place your bets, what comes to steam first?

Another Disgaea game or EDF 5?

haha stupid white pigguh.

What happened to Iron Rain?

Pls no bully, I just wanna shoot bugs

Then do your part and buy the game on japanese,

jesus christ it's real

did Japan just ASIANED the Starship Troopers franchise? I cannot see anything about it on the west. I don't know how japanese people could like it, it's mostly military white supremacy fiction.

Japs like to shoot things too

why the fuck do japs need to ruin everything with their high pitched stupid chirping

Nihonjin are white.

>dat Klendathu Drop theme

It probably reminds them of killing the Chinese

Rico isn't white, dumbass.

about fucking time

Argentina is whiiiiiiiite

SARRUUUU SHIPPPPUUU ROOOOOOOPAAA

Wait, Japs love Starship Troopers? What the fuck? What's next, they love Battlestar Galactica as well? Stargate?

>star ship troopers is just a parody of glorious japanese samurai giving their lives to kill hundreds of soulless insects invading the space

HOLY SHIT.

>Wait, Japs love Starship Troopers? What the fuck? What's next, they love Battlestar Galactica as well? Stargate?

Japan always likes space stuff.

>it's mostly military white supremacy fiction
i'm a gook. take this from me -- east asians love white people. we want them to see than act imperialistic in media. i also play helldivers with another korean i know on steam, and this game also sort of fits in the "military white supremacy" thing you are talking about . why do you think nips give characters blonde hair?

Did you miss that the 4th and 5th Starship Troopers movies were Japanese?

I didn't even fucking know. earlier today, I didn't know Japs liked D&D and now this? That's amazing.

Where the fuck have you been? Japs have always had a market for military shit, especially scifi.

east asians simply like FUN western media

Gonna be honest, didnt even know there was a Starship Troopers 2

He's Filipino.

>earlier today, I didn't know Japs liked D&D and now this?

Are you serious? There's a well known classic anime called Record of Lodoss War that was literally based off a D&D campaign. It even spawned its own system.

Rightly so because Starship Troopers 2 is terrible. 3rd one is somewhat redeeming.

EDF 5 is so good. I'm so glad it flew straight under Cred Forums's radar cuz this board is incapable of handling actual good games

anyway, this collaboration will most likely amount to a few vehicle skin DLCs and nothing more

COME ON YOU APES DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?!

give them time. the game came out on PS4 early december. 4.1 got ported like a year or so later

Yeah, an user pointed that out in a Goblin Slayer thread, when I realized it was basically a D&D session gone wrong. I wish I could be as dedicated as a Japanese, seeing as how I'm interested in their culture a bit. But I would come off as cringy.

nigger there's a Starship Troopers THREE

Rico is only Argentinian in the Movie with Casper Van Dien.

Hopefully they dont fuck with monster health in multiplayer as bad as they did in 4.1

Fuckin couldnt kill silver spiders in a 4man team to save my goddamn life

This hasnt been the first time

What's different between EDF 4.1 and 5?

So is this just an ad for the starship troopers movie

>Not knowing about Starship Troopers 4 & 5

2 is just a shitty slasher movie wearing the series' skin and it isn't worth watching at all. 3 doesn't have the budget of the original but is actually a solid sequel. 4 and 5 are rather mediocre and they butcher the characters that they bring back from the original.

Does japan even like Starship Troopers?

This is really cool I can't wait till they bring this over to the west.

There's been a couple of japanese Starship Troopers OVAs, actually.

They terran federation are hardcore nationalists. Of course the japanese would love that. I hope this means we get another good set of shows or a movie.

They made an anime and 2 movies of it, you tell me.

Back in the 80's and early 90's lot of RPG's that got translated in Japan was just done purely by hobbyists of the time. It's also why various studios back then were happy to collaborate with western companies on various stories and designs of other systems and games. Unfortunately in some cases it's ended up causing all sort of legal headaches(e.g Battletech, Macross and Harmony Gold)

>fierce nationalists
>adept at killing bugmen
yes.

youtu.be/GXFIYFqiZFM

Oh wow that just came out in at the end of december.

Downloading now. nyaa.si/download/992500.torrent

the point of silvers is that they're "armored"

longer, more weapons/changes to existing ones, better AI pathfinding, humanoid enemies work in squads, classes have new abilities, cooler story, just off the top of my head. it's basically just a flat improvement. a straight-up sequel in every positive sense of the word

>still no EDF western release date
>no PC release date

God fucking damnit. Get your shit together japan. We live in the day and age of simultaneous releases.

>it's real

What the absolute fuck

They've loved it for ages. The book inspired Gundam back in the day.

kek

What the fuck happened?

That gif is fucking hilarious because the person holding the camera flips the fuck out from way away from the shit.

Indeed.

youtube.com/watch?v=j3sU8NPCYmc

>i'm a gook. take this from me -- east asians love white people. we want them to see than act imperialistic in media.
>He says this as people yell WHITE PIGS GO HOME

I get that but the health multiplier they get with allies is insane

Are any of the other Starship Troopers movies good after 1? The fact that most people don't even know they exists leads me to believe they aren't and I never hear anything good about them either. But then critics panned the shit out of the first one as well, so I'm legit curious.

>4th pic's hair
Is that a Berserk reference?

Nationalists in Japan are either a) old people or b) the Japanese version of Cred Forums incels

meh it's just an advertising thing, it'd be cool if we got a Starship Trooper skin though. Fucking Sandlot, you made your mountain of gold, now give us a new Robot Alchemic Drive.

>falling for korean propaganda

Casper Van Dien reprised the role as his voice even in the final CGI movie and that's the version of him used in the game trailer.
Also he's argentinian in the book or some shit right.

2 is fucking terrible. 3 is so bad is good. Then after that it its all japanese CGI movies. They are alright, but have incredibly awkward looking CGI.

Theres a part in the first CGI movie where a chick is casually topless hanging out like one of the guys and its such a bizarre scene it feels like it came from another dimension.

See: All japanese are nationalist. That's why it's a lovely country with nice people and hardly any jews or niggers.

He's from the Philippines in the book iirc.

>I'm so glad it flew straight under Cred Forums's radar cuz this board is incapable of handling actual good games

It's not in English yet you braindead oaf. EDF 4.1 has a solid fanbase here.

>he's argentinian in the book or some shit
He's Filipino

Watch the old cgi cartoon and the newer cgi movies if you want to know more.

No, all Japanese are patriots. There's a difference. Being a nationalist is often looked down upon, they even have their own insult for basement dwelling armchair Cred Forums types: netto-uyoku

>hardly any jews or niggers.
>the country that rakes in the gold with gacha games and pachinko parlors

Instead they just have several hundred thousand illegal SEA monkeys.

see

>Theres a part in the first CGI movie where a chick is casually topless hanging out like one of the guys and its such a bizarre scene it feels like it came from another dimension.
Just like in the original movie.

>Being a nationalist is often looked down upon

[citation needed]

Aw well fuck me then, all I remember was that he wasn't super white

How new are you?

Casper Van Dien helped to show that being an actor doesn't help you be a voice actor, because his performance in 5 was terrible. The guy that voiced him in 4 did a much better job.

>Theres a part in the first CGI movie where a chick is casually topless hanging out like one of the guys and its such a bizarre scene it feels like it came from another dimension.

As opposed to the communal shower scene of the first movie? Seems fine if you think about it.

Jolene Blalock didn't play Carmen. Her character's Captain Lola Beck.

I thought I didn't remember her in 3, but I guess google was just lying to me with the search results.

They work on the farms mostly. Do your own homework.

>As opposed to the communal shower scene of the first movie? Seems fine if you think about it.

With real actors its fine. But when its done with awkward japanese motion capture CGI its really weird to watch.

>that second pic

I don't even know what you're trying to say. Actual nationalism in Japan has had a bad flavor among the mainstream for decades, even things like trying to assemble an army again are controversial.

JUST

non-Japanese SEA people are mostly working as domestic aid there, like non-cafe maids or people that care for the elderly, which you won't run into that much. If you wander around Shibuya and Akihabara you're more likely to be bombarded by Brazillians trying to get you to go to the titty bar they work for.

>japanese people don't try to be japanese

[citation needed]

Left is human, right is some kind of alien or other creature wearing a human skin.

Where did her soul go?

Nationalism and patriotism are not the same thing...

Carrie Fisher is fucking laughing from her grave at this

Well you can only do so much with CGI. It's always going to feel a bit off.

>it's just the CGI movie designs that look like Spartans from Halo

Why is a nearly 40 year old Japanese design the only one to give Starship Troopers heavy powered armor the way it's described in the book?

What did she do to Carrie

>says the kike

>la creatura bonita

>Photos taken 20 years apart
Are you trying to tell us that people age?

The movie was already a massive departure from the book anyway.

So, are they having something in-game based on Starship Troopers or is this just just a weird commercial to show that 'hey we're making another movie'

americans age like milk. There are very few exceptions but most of the time, they look like shit.

I never read the novels, are they supposed to use mecha suits?

All humans age like shit you fucking autist.

Is that thing above her nose her vein or some kind of botched facelift scar? Jesus.

Nothing, she's just giving Carrie a run for her money for worst aged woman of all time. Carrie died before she could get any worse tho, she could get out of this ahead.

They jumped around in basically what amounts to Space marine from 40k armor dropping fuck off sized bombs on the bugs

Starship Troopers is generally regarded as the origin source material of power armour/exosuits etc.

At least she just looks like an old lady, This shit's on another level.

William Shatner has had american citizenship for lik sixty years now, does he count? He doesn't look any older than 50 and he's 86.

I know right, fucking unreal

The movie came out two months ago. Whatever the actual contents of the crossover are is yet to be reaveled.

nice, I will check it out

>There's something out there, user... and it aint no man.
>We're all gonna die.

Japanese age like grapes.

>filename

come on man, Nozawa doesn't look a day over 65.

Is she actually asian?

That's just a pic of Caitlyn Jenner.

did he just turn into Guts?

I think I saw some starcraft footage in that first trailer, but it's more than likely the starship troopers.

>I don't know how japanese people could like it, it's mostly military white supremacy fiction.
Hmmm

Around 1:35, reminded me of the scene where the Terran marine comes up to the other marine and asks where the air support is and the other guy points up.

Yes.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes is fucking great.

That it is

no, rico has depth.

It's real
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

as long as the drop theme is used somewhere i'm fine with whatever

Holy shit

Imperial guard skins when

>flew straight under Cred Forums's radar
>Literally posting in a thread about it

EDF5. NISA's plan of porting old games to PC backfired with how hard D2 flopped, and they greatly overestimated how much work it'd take to port Ys8. By comparison, EDF 4.1 came out """shortly after""" the console version, even if it was by four years.

now i've seen everything

D3 is one of the slower Jap pubs to work out the whole Japan/US console/PC at the same time thing. Some live by it, like SEGA.

>white supremacy fiction
Starship Troopers is right wing as hell but it isn't white supremacist at all. The protagonist is Hispanic and it's made clear that the government doesn't care about your race or anything as long as you are good at shooting bugs.

Part 2 is a body horror movie. I am not even joking. If you're into body horror give it a try, otherwise stay away from it because it is shitty regardless but is more about horror than shooting bugs.

Part 3 had the decency to add the mechs but it was fucking stupid but had is cool moments. Tried too hard to stay true to the original and falls flat trying.

The CGI movies are really damn cool and enjoyable as hell, can't go wrong with them. The soldiers now wear power armor and there is some really cool action going on. I really recommend them, they are more true to the original movie and I didn't mind the CGI.

well there is Starship Troopers Terran Ascendancy, which is a RTT and has fantastic Suits

BIG BOSS?!?!

TO PROTECT OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM FUCKING BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS

That song is unironically great.
youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

to be fair (not that user), as much as i love the film version, the director tried to play up a parody right-wing angle by casting Rico's actor as an Aryan among other things, so it's easy to mistake it for white supremacy

Nigger, do you know what nationalism and patriotism even are?

Nationalism is the idea that YOUR PEOPLE, as in this case, the JAPANESE PEOPLE, deserve a soverign homeland. It is the notion that a state should correspond to the people it is governing.
Patriotism is just having pride and loyalty towards your state, regardless of it is a nationalistic ethnostate, or not.

There is nothing inherently militaristic about nationalism.

Took them dumb Japs long enough.

>Nigger, do you know what nationalism and patriotism even are?
>There is nothing inherently militaristic about nationalism.

What part about the notion of "my people deserve a soverign homeland where we are governed by ourselves, instead of foreigners" is militaristic?

IT'S REAL

>>There is nothing inherently militaristic about nationalism.
not him but:
> loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups
Nowhere does it say military

Rangers aren't too clever I see.

the japanese are extremely patriotic and nationalistic, but not militaristic in particular. don't believe in liberal propaganda

Go read a book.

no u

I beat none of you have read a book on your own in your whole lives. Just learned everything you know from meme pictures.

I'm doing my part!

you don't have an argument, shut up until you have one.

user, Rico was a flip in the book

>arguing with Cred Forumstards
Dumb faggots.

I never did get why or how the war on bugs even started. In fact, how do the bugs even travel through space? I know they can launch that large plasma shit at the ships but that's about it.

if someone is wrong on the internet, you're supposed to argue with them. that's like a rule or something. no one cares where they're from. if they're wrong, they're wrong

>All japanese are nationalist. That's why it's a lovely country with nice people and hardly any jews or niggers.
That's untrue though. Nationalism isn't really the right word, the reality is from what I learned living there is the average jap knows nothing about the world outside their island.

they shit missiles through space

>the average jap knows nothing about the world outside their island.
isn't that true for the average citizen of every country? the difference he's saying is that the japanese have pride in their country and heritage, regardless of how much the average citizen knows about the outside world

>Part 3 had the decency to add the mechs but it was fucking stupid but had is cool moments. Tried too hard to stay true to the original and falls flat trying.
How does it fall flat? It was the only one to actually expand on the universe and develop the setting.
> I really recommend them, they are more true to the original movie
Oh, I guess you're just retarded. Let's ignore that 4 was just a shitty action movie that brought back the original characters and completely changed all of them for no reason at the same time, and totally dropped Fednet and everything about the Federation that wasn't just some dudes on a ship, and 5 just being a shitty rehash that does the initial antagonist of 3 again but played completely straight this time.

Buenos Aires was an inside job.

It's implied that the humans striked first, the whole movie was a propaganda film that existed in that universe to boost recruitment

In the movie, maybe the asteroids they can fling around. Buneos Aires is implied to be an inside job.
In the book, I'm pretty sure they have spaceships but it's never really touched upon, no implications of humans intentionally starting the war

I think although the director tries to drop hints that the humans faked an attack on themselves and/or attacked first, it's still very possible that the aliens instigated the attack. They have interstellar travel capabilities with ass-shitting out rock pods full of bug babies, and colonize other planets at random

I mean, Americans KINDA know what's going on, since they know that people hate them worldwide. But from my time in Japan, it's like the rest of the world literally doesn't exist. It's not even out of pride or anything, they just are given no information about the world if it doesn't realye to Japan.

>the difference he's saying is that the japanese have pride in their country and heritage, regardless of how much the average citizen knows about the outside world

Yes but when most people say the word nationalism, that generally gets conflated with jingoism. Which is something Japan doesn't have these days.

The bugs are clearly intelligent in the book.

>Buneos Aires is implied to be an inside job.
When?

Japan is a huge fan of Heinlein, man.
They even had an anime that was more faithful to the book than the Verhoeven movie.
> it's mostly military white supremacy fiction.
I don't know where you get the notions about white supremacy. The book arguably advocates fascism, but you'd have to look at Heinlein's work as a whole to get an accurate picture of the guy. If you pick up Moon is a Harsh Mistress or Stranger in a Strange Land, it's basically the polar opposite of Starship Troopers.

Do you realize the kind of math it would take to coordinate the firing of an asteroid from halfway across the galaxy?

>I'm so glad it flew straight under Cred Forums's radar cuz this board is incapable of handling actual good games
wrong -- EDF threads are the only good, legitimate threads on Cred Forums. there's something about the objective good and EDF. every community -- both PSN and steam -- were really good

To be honest it's been a while and that's just what everyone else says. Something about one of the cheesy propaganda clips bragging about their inpenetrable asteroid defense system.

That's a pretty poor argument when the bugs have been doing that for ages already. They have the means.

I don't know if my eyes could roll harder

>Yes but when most people say the word nationalism, that generally gets conflated with jingoism.
I don't agree. Nationalism is frequently used as its own term separate from military jingoism.

>I don't agree.

Let's be serious, when most people are critical of nationalism, it's because they think it and jingoism are the same thing.

>Something about one of the cheesy propaganda clips bragging about their inpenetrable asteroid defense system.
All the propaganda clips make them out to be the best, and then everything you see on the ground shows people getting their shit wrecked by the bugs. That's why it's propaganda.

The way it's all presented, how the asteroid comically arrives (Rico's parents note how it's suddenly "cloudy"), the propaganda telling the viewer they need to feel angry at the bugs, the fact that the bugs showcase no such technology to even hurdle an asteroid that big and that slow in a matter of days to Earth, and that the bugs have no real reason to do it in the first place and are just territorial about their home

I'm not even sure where this argument is going anymore or who's arguing what, I simply popped in to agree with the other user that "Nationalism" as a concept is not inherently militaristic, by definition.

How the fuck could any nation be nationalistic and "protect muh boarders" without a strong military and or oppressive police force?

Bugs' home system is located on the other side of the galaxy. It would take millions of years for that asteroid to reach us, and it'd be detected pretty early, considering that even now we can spot asteroids on the way to Earth.

I can't claim to know what is going on inside people's heads.

Oh no not even entirely in that respect, just more of the "my nation is the best, every other nation and culture can go fuck itself" mentality that people associate it with.

I'd say almost any good niche game has good threads on Cred Forums

oh, god, i posted this webm without knowing what it was. this was likely everyone's first time playing this mission and our first time seeing these vehicles. i wish i can go back an even bigger (erginus-sized) surprise was waiting for us towards the middle of the mission. i don't know how sandlot does it. it seems easy for them

There is literally nothing wrong with that mentality.
Why should I care about other nations and peoples? I only care about the survival of my own people.

I would go in better detail but when I dislike a movie there is a point my brain blocks out of the memory and and I eventually forget about it almost entirely. I just remember really disliking them and if I were to rewatch them I know I'd hate them again like it happened with other movies so I am not wasting my time. They were unanimously panned anyways but I still wanted to give them a try just to be utterly dissapointed as everyone else.

And I preferred the CGI movies because they seemingly ignore the events of the second and third movie. And while they were mostly action oriented they were honest about it and didn't try too hard whereas the second and third live action films were either too different or tried too hard to replicate the glory of the first film and failed miserably. I just remember the third movie being retarded as fuck and the second one being an horror movie with Starship Troopers name slapped while being a knock off from the movie Species. If you like them good on you champ but it's been years.

Because we gain more through cooperation than exploitation.

fuck you cuck

It's probably more of a "strong military kicking the shit out of weird monsters" that people like.

t. chink

Good thing "your people" don't give a fuck about incel tards like you.

Are you some sort of retarded open borders faggot?

No shit nations have borders and a military to protect them, as well as a police force to keep peace within the nation.
Finland is one such example of a nationalistic nation, with both conscription based military as well as a decent police force. Is Finland a militaristic nation?

>There is literally nothing wrong with that mentality.

Yeah you know, it was only that mentality that got over 100 million killed last century.

"protect muh boarders" CAN be related to nationalism, but you just threw it in just then out of nowhere. Nationalism can also refer to economic concerns, for example not buying products made in China to support American business is nationalistic, and it can refer to immigration concerns, and it can refer to sports, because flagwaving at the Olympics is "nationalistic fervour".

Nationalism is simply thinking your country is good and should be supported. It can mean military things but doesn't have to. That's the facts.

>That's the facts.
Eat shit retard. You don't know what a fact is.

Hm.

I remember being a kid and getting shit at school for saying I agreed with nationalism as a concept. Took a lot of talking to get them to realise I wasn't talking about the only thing National stands in front of following WW2.

Only if such interaction benefits us mutually.
If it doesn't, there is no sense in engaging in it.
Sacrificing the benefit of my ingroup for the good of foreigners is utterly idiotic.

Nice adhom.

So? People die in wars, big deal. Wars are a natural part of human existence. Of course, I don't think we should have senseless wars, but I certainly would go to war if the alternative was the death of my people. War is not the worst of things.

>but hitler!
Opinion discarded.

Thanks for letting me know I win.

>conscription

"I also think there are prices too high to pay to save the United States. Conscription is one of them. Conscription is slavery, and I don't think that any people or nation has a right to save itself at the price of slavery for anyone, no matter what name it is called. We have had the draft for twenty years now; I think this is shameful. If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say : Let the damned thing go down the drain!"

From Robert A. Heinlein, the guy that wrote Starship Troopers. Remember that in the federation society, it was an entirely volunteer force.

true. stated here

>Yeah you know, it was only that mentality that got over 100 million killed last century
no, we aren't talking about communism

>winning on Cred Forums.
Fucking retards.

You don't have such luxuries when your neighbor is Russia whose people outnumber you 10 to 1.

I was actually talking about Stalin and Mao's purges of counter-revolutionaries.

Yeah, another game will be ruined by Cred Forumstards. I wish it would stay in Japan, for we are not worthy.

I repeat
>If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say : Let the damned thing go down the drain!"

[DESIRE TO KNOW INTENSIFIES]

>but stalin!
>but mao!
Opinion discarded.

It's know more

I do not agree with that mentality.
Freedom is not the highest virtue for me. The survival of my people is. If ensuring the survival of my people requires conscripting even those cowards who would rather flee than fight for the future of their kinsmen, so be it.

A society that makes slaves of its own people doesn't deserve to exist.

Right, you'd let your country fall to ruin because the lilly livered son of a bitch next door doesn't want to work to protect it.

Anybody want to play 4.1 right now?

If MuvLuv is any indication then Japan has Starship Trooper fans.

we need fucking libs to leave. this is the first time i've seen en EDF thread shat up by this sort of non-sense. if anything, this kind of post is clearly racist because he is implying that he knows better for those lowly little asians then they know what's good for themselves. fuck off. don't play EDF. buy xbone and have fun there

REEEEEEE WESTERN RELEASE WHEN

>doesn't deserve to exist.
A society which exists solely upon voluntarism and good feelings doesn't exist, regardless of whether or not it deserves to.

HOLY SIGMAR ITS REAL

Why are you scared of bugs? Haha, we're just bugs, no harm could be done to you.

Cred Forumstard throwing a hissy fit.

Yes because I don't budge when it comes to my principles.

>that half naked girl
based japs

BRAIN BUGS?! Frankly I find the idea of a bug that thinks OFFENSIVE!

You'll budge when your aggressive neighbor kicks in your fucking door, you spineless ideologue.

Damn, sony won.

Brain Bug please.

>spineless
Everyone plz give up your lives to protect me!!!!!!

I will fight because it is my decision to do so, but I have no right to force others to.

I've never played EDF

what is it? it fun?

>Hispanic
Rico is asian in the book m8

>would you like to know motto
>that overlay
Goddammit you glorious bastards, Japan

yes and no, it's like asking if campy movies are fun even without polish, good story, and directing.

i'm a gook and i don't go on Cred Forums. there are lots of better boards. it is clearly a fucking lib who shat this thread up with his naivety

It is insanely fun. Millions of millions of bugs are attacking our planet, and you should stop them using various devastating weaponry and vehicles.

don't listen to initial reply. it is the 4.1 best game ever made

I don't know about you user, but I'm still of an age that qualifies for conscription, and I'm more than willing to do so.
>but I have no right to force others to.
By virtue of paying taxes alone, you do.
Your country is always going to have shirkers, and detractors and dissidents, even given a clear threat to the integrity of your nation.

Says who?

The only societies that "deserve" to exist are ones that have the strength and will to fight for their existence, simply because those that do not, die.

So go join the army and stop pretending to talk about videogames.

>pretending to talk about videogames.
lolwhat. i don't know what this is about, but you have no idea what you're talking about

I'm defending conscription, not advocating enlistment, user.
Don't move the goalposts on me now.

I love the way that they are honest enough to show FPS dips in the trailers and promotional material.

>you will never know this feeling of SAVING OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

>I'm defending conscription, not advocating enlistment
>i don't know what this is about, but you have no idea what you're talking about
Are you guys robots or something?

>Nips completely misunderstanding the whole point of the original Verhoeven films

Nips are the only ones that actually got Starship Troopers right

Verhoeven was a loser that deserved all the flak he got for trying to smear Heinlein in the first place.
Serves him right.

some countries require military/medical service. they do just fine without you platitudes.

Did you know that Verhoeven's film and original book have little in common? Japanese CGI films
are based off the book.

post favorite quotes
>shield screens have one fatal flaw
>THEY CAN'T STOP US

Fitting given that the film missed the whole point of the book.

>Progress faster than science is impossible!!

>hating on the film
The worst taste imaginable.

Kinda related, is Helldivers actually any good? I've heard mixed things about it.

It's pure arcade fun. There are giant bugs, you shoot them with big fancy guns, you try not to get eaten, while people on the radio talk about how fucked everything is. If that sounds good go for it, but don't go in expecting anything else.

What gives you the impression I disliked the film?
I also enjoyed Robocop, I just don't care for Verhoeven's brainless snark.

One of my favorite things about 4.1 is that it's by no means a short game but it NEVER stops one upping itself. Just when you think you've seen it all, it gets even more crazy

really they are? cause im pretty sure the book featured barely any actual fighting in it, most of it was training camp and social government philosophy.

Fuck, you're right

>waaahh how Verhoeven even DARES to satirize capitalism and america
Brainlet alert

Jetpacks and nukes. Mobile infantry that are actually mobile.

The original Starship Trooper OVA is booooooooooooring

>Japanese CGI films are based off the book.
No they're not, they're straight sequels to the movies.

As great as this crossover is, it's a bit unfortunate because edf threads were always comfy and adding something politically charged like starship troopers is just going to bring the retards out, like this thread demonstrates

Would you like to know motto?

youtube.com/watch?v=rEXATrKzt9M

Satire doesn't take wit, just dishonesty.
It's a form of comedy that's essentially sarcastic mimicry.

Given how literally everyone missed the point when the movie came out it clearly did take a fair bit of wit.

i like to pretend that the wing divers are IDOLMASTER girls

Or you could just pretend they are Macross Delta girls

>i'm a gook. take this from me -- east Asians love white people
That's because you guys are actually cool with us, you help us make giant robots and lasers to fight the aliens with and cute waifus to fight the loneliness with, niggers on the other hand...

Or moviegoing audiences have the mental capacity of a lobotomite.

whenever i see wing diver units who are "able to be claimed," i think to myself, "come on, minami, you're captain. let's go"

It's really fun, also it's on sale right now.

What about dynamic campaign? Is it still going, or you just choose a mission and play?

Yeah, it's always going. You win, then it starts over.
You choose missions and the missions a worth so many points towards the campaign.

So what was the point there? I didn't catch anything actually crossing over SST into the EDF world. Was it just a campy announcement?

>not even a hint of western relase even though 4.1 performed well and 5 performed really well too in nipland
>who the fuck knows what is even happening with iron rain

shut up u stupid poltards

Is that a fucking knife?

Well, at least he caught it. I'd just throw something at this foul beast, I don't even care about the stain on the wall.

Honestly you should just start learning japanese at this point. It's not like EDF games are text-heavy.

Yeah it was just a "this is happening, stay tuned for details" thing

Thanks for the clarification. It'll be cool if they add in the bugs from SST for murderan'. Mildly hyped.

I don't want to hear the japanese VA's screeching in comms nonstop. The english VA's were great. That and fuck trying to navigate menus and weapons.

This timeline's Earth is fueled by war and seeing as how they already united Earth they need to create conflict. When they discovered bugs all it took was them fabricating an attack to start a war to keep their status quo.

>grinding for armor
When will this meme end?

At least it's a little less horrific in EDF5 since all the classes you're not playing get a small share of the armour you collect. Still pretty bad though.

Why is Starship Troopers big in Japan?

2025's dub was a huge step down from 2017's. And Invaders From Planet Space was just bad, not so-bad-it's-good like the others.

Because Japan didn't get mad about it being a poor adaptation of the book or facist propaganda and so they were able to just enjoy it as being a great movie.

>2025 bad

nibba what

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. No one cares and the frog dies.

Heinlein is rolling in his grave.

>tfw you love the films and the book
>tfw you wish thr book can have a proper movie and the film series can continue

Its one or the other

Mecha and gung-ho Americans blowing up weird looking alien things inspired by insects. They love ALL those things.

This inside job meme is tiring. The bugs clearly had the capability to move through space and colonize other planets on their own, and clearly had the capability to use their asses to launch shit far into space.
Yes, Buenos Aires COULD have been a false flag, but there's never explicit confirmation that anything but the bugs were responsible.

Bugs could colonize Earth but never willingly invaded Earth controlled planets

Unless the nu-movies retconned some shit. I don't like to remember 2

>Because Japan didn't get mad about it being a poor adaptation of the book
They liked the book before they liked the film, dumbass. Starship Troopers, as in the book, contained mecha, which the film didn't. He's talking about the book-- which the subsequent Japanese films were interpretations of, and removed from the Verhoeven film.

And by the way I'm not mad about the film being a poor adaption of the book, and I enjoy both, despite the satirical tone of the film.

TLDR: You don't know shit

While never officially stated, it isn't hard to believe that the rock that Carmen and her boyfriend dodged is the same one that took out Buenos Aires. But even if the ships comms were taken out by the collision, they have faster than light travel. They could have beaten the rock back to Earth to warn them, or travelled to a near by station and tell them to warn Earth. Yet lunar defences did nothing to stop it. Why?

could colonize planets* meant to say

But they were already at war. Buenos Aires only gave a justification for invading Klendathu.

The ship itself didn't detect the asteroid until it was that close in the first place because it was moving far faster than normal. It's just poor science, there's no need to look any further than that.

>it isn't hard to believe that the rock that Carmen and her boyfriend dodged is the same one that took out Buenos Aires
Wait, what evidence do we have to confirm that suspicion whatsoever? Your entire premise is faulty.

>He's talking about the book-- which the subsequent Japanese films were interpretations of, and removed from the Verhoeven film.
Except they're not, where are you idiots getting this from? The new movies are joint US-Japan productions and are straight up sequels to the movie with the same versions of the characters like Dizzy.

>this writing
So this is the power of american sci-fi...

What do you think the point of that scene was? The asteroid wasn't detected because that scene served to establish that it was moving too fast for the ship's system to pick up, and that the ship couldn't report it because it took out their comms.

>earth stated to have an excellent early detection asteroid defense system
>asteroid proceeds to level a major city

in a movie all about humanity fuck yeah, I find it hard to imagine that they would lie about such tech

Rico is a Flip, and Japs did ST on video before America. Japs love ST because it appeals to two pretty big camps, the nationalist otaku who weren't fit for jsdf service and the campy milsci nerds, basically 40k except the humans are objective good guys instead of "neutral".

what's the issue

Not enough mary sue fanfiction characters in it for you? Aww...

Also you should note, Flores aka Dizzy, was a woman in the movie who had a crush on Johnny Rico, in the book he was just some dude in Rico's squad who, as you can see, was killed in a conflict with an unrelated alien race.

They really butchered the movie bad.

God forbid the heavily propaganda-focused government ever overstate their capabilities. Mind you I'm not arguing that it wasn't let through on purpose, I'm just agreeing that it was the same asteroid we saw Carmen dodge.

>What do you think the point of that scene was?
Plenty of things. Callous disregard for life, character development of Carmen/Zander as competent pilots, and their relationship just to name what I remember off the top of my head.

It's like saying "what's the point of the live fire training exercise with Rico?"

>It's like saying "what's the point of the live fire training exercise with Rico?"
Except that didn't also involve a great big asteroid right before Earth then getting struck by a great big asteroid. Stupid comparison.

We have "Missile defenses" now that they say can stop nukes from hitting us.

I'm willing to bet that if San Fran was leveled by one tomorrow then not only would they pretend like it was inevitable, they would pretend like they never said the words "missile defense" but rather "missile detection" or some hogwash.

Talk a lot of shit and then pass the buck is always the rule with politics.

The whole point is that the govt in that universe is a meritocracy with fascist tendencies, noting sustains fascism like war so it is hinted that the earth government may have started the war themselves and maybe even false flagged the attack. This was because not only does the war fuel patriotism to the government, but also because the government was tired of people getting a free ride to citizenship by serving in the military and never seeing a day of combat.

>Klendathu Drop kicks in

So it takes the Japs to finally give us a decent Starship Troopers game.
Color me intrigued.

>80% Casualty Rate kicks in
ftfy

That's not how to say "the west", it's just west like the direction. The west is 西洋

>Except that didn't also involve a great big asteroid right before Earth then getting struck by a great big asteroid. Stupid comparison.
You're the stupid one because you asked me what the point of the scene was, and I told you.
The scene served a purpose, which means you can't use lack of purpose as some kind of proof that it was the same asteroid.

Everyone should unite to kill some bugs.

On one hand, I doubt it'll be anything more than a few DLC missions for EDF 5. On the other hand, making the bugs and maps would be most of the work for the game, so it seems strange to go to that effort and not make a full ST game with it. Maybe it's something even less than some DLC missions.

>You're the stupid one because you asked me what the point of the scene was, and I told you.
You gave me several points and insist on pretending that those are somehow the only points it could've had and not anything more, yet you're not giving any reason for setting up the asteroid not being one of the points. You're just being obstinate.

Maybe I've read too much flowery prose, but I really dislike the way this is written

>what's the point of the live fire training exercise with Rico?"
In the book he was actually just stupid and he admitted it himself.

He basically eyeballed a mock shoulder fired nuclear missile launch during a training exercise rather than compute the launch trajectory the right way, in real combat he would have killed half his platoon and he realized immediately how stupid it was and chose the lashes for fear of being expelled like some other guy that he saw who punched his CO in the face and then blabbed about it to the camp Major who had no choice but to whip him and dishonorably discharge him.

Once again, the movie was retarded.

i honestly really like it

I forgot this was an EDF thread for a moment. Can they just reskin EDF or give me a new troopers game, OR STOP KEKING ME OUT OF EDF5

Is it just me or does the thumbnail look like 2 gold sheep fucking?

>Maybe I've read too much flowery prose
You have, it's a good book, it's supposed to read like he is recalling his past, not like some overworded narrative.

It's not obstinacy to repeatedly ask for proof in the absence of any. You presented the scene's lack of purpose as proof; I showed you the other purposes of the scene. So you have no proof to establish that conclusion.
If you want to keep repeating that argument then you're the obstinate one my friend.

What the fuck user, now I see it too.

We actually DONT have a an amazing missile defense system, we have an amazing missile detection system and are confident in scrambling fighters to intercept it. Israel has the most advanced missile defense system.

I have no doubt in my mind that Buenos Aires was an inside job and I dont think the bugs has anything to do with it

>game about love, truth, beauty, and justice sells well
HAHA SJWs BTFO

>in Japan
Who doesn't like it?

Don't ever read The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress if you think that is uncomfortable you plebs.

My fellow Americans who prefer Mahvel movies to military scifi

Planetside 1 originally had a coop versus-bugs mode inspired by Starship Troopers, and the entire series had a Starship Troopers vibe.
youtube.com/watch?v=pmDnfBVNcHY
It's a shame that Planetside 2 was so mishandled after release, the franchise had enormous potential.

I said that the point of the scene was to set up the asteroid which the ship failed to detect which then went on to hit Earth. You said that can't be the point of the scene because the scene did other things too. You're not disproving my argument at all, you're just saying setting the asteroid up can't be part of the scene's purpose because it did other things too which makes no sense, and you somehow think it makes more sense that the asteroid we see Carmen deal with shortly before Earth is hit by an asteroid was just totally unrelated.

Well the bugs in the book actually had ships and all kinds of tech, the movies make them out like just animals when they actually just had a cast for everything, literally everything. They specialized their entire species to the max.

The movie just doesn't cover enough because the director was a buttblasted liberal faggot who hated the idea of painting fascism as anything but a joke. Like how the bugs could fling a rock literally across the entire galaxy in a matter of days made no sense, but look at all this ridiculous stuff! dumb nazis amirite guys! Would you like to know more!?
In the book they could easily have done it, They have wormholes and all sorts of shit, and at the start of the war our ships weren't even a good as theirs, there's just no definite proof that the earth govt didn't do it either.

Kino music
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

Liberals. Although they like the movie because it's a butchering of the book and turned it into oh so witty satire.

English PC release WHEN

>I said that the point of the scene was to set up the asteroid which the ship failed to detect which then went on to hit Earth. You said that can't be the point of the scene because the scene did other things too.
What you fucking SAID was
>What do you think the point of that scene was?
And I told you, you dumb nigger.
>you're just saying setting the asteroid up can't be part of the scene's purpose because it did other things too which makes no sense
What I'm saying is that you have no
P R O O F
that the asteroid was the same one.

I've read some WW1 and 2 memoirs too and that reads nothing like them. A lot of memoirs I've read are either really callous, have a strong sense nationalism, or anti-war sentiment. Then again that's only 2 pages out of an entire book

The movie doesn't resemble the book because the movie was originally a totally different original script that was revised during development to become a book tie-in to boost publicity.

I enjoy the japanese dub more than the american one. Cheesy 60's movies are shite.

>White supremacist
>MC in starship troopers is asian

My argument is that the narrative structure of the movie did it on purpose to set up initial events that are followed up by later events. You have made zero argument to contest that.

Would you like to know more?

Because I can post more pages....

I think it's a great book, but I dare not argue with literature snobs so I'd rather you form your own opinion before you waste your time and blame me for it.

>Like how the bugs could fling a rock literally across the entire galaxy in a matter of days made no sense,
I don't think even the director was saying this. It's just people reading too much into it.
I agree they had the capabilities in the book.

no way. i know these sorts of people can tend to hate beauty, but i never thought they could legitimately hate fun. you guys are lying, right?

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill 'em all

>60s

I like the movie and the book
Regardless of the movie trying to be satire, it ends up portraying fascist Earth as a pretty nice place to live (bar the trials and letting kids handle live ammo, everything we see about fascist Earth is positive), and if anything the war against the bugs genuinely does provide common purpose for humanity.
Also you can just ignore all the political stuff and have some dumb fun with it; or you can appreciate it as a film adaption of a sci-fi classic.

Post more. Also not a lit snob, It just really like flowery prose which is probably why Lovecraft is my favorite author

Nope. Liberals when the book originally came out hated it and called it "fascist" because it is basically arguing for a militaristic society where merit is the only thing that really matters.

>You have made zero argument to contest that.
Your argument to prove it was that the scene served no other purpose.
Now that I've proved it wrong by showing the scene had other purposes, your statement has NO PROOF.

tell me, Cred Forums. do you to think some people get turned off by the campiness in EDF? how much of a faggot do you have to be? no, right? isn't "quirky," "campiness" the cool, unique, nerd thing to do?

I have seen Kotaku writers call it "too video gamey".

>My argument works if I ignore what you're saying and insist you're saying what you didn't actually say
Ok.

why does it took 200+ reply before someone post this in a Starship Trooper Thread ?

>bugs evolved into dragons
who writes this shit?

Right user, what PROOF do you have that "the narrative structure of the movie did it on purpose to set up initial events that are followed up by later events"?
Note: if you aren't going to reply to this post with proof, don't reply at all.

>it is basically arguing for a militaristic society where merit is the only thing that really matters.
What's the problem?

>65 posters, 368 posts
Nice samefagging, poltard scum

>Americans KINDA know what's going on
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

The movie's soundtrack was really damn good all around. Anyone got it, for that matter? I tried looking a while back but couldn't find shit.

I got goosebumps and my nipples are hard as my will to destroy fucking bugs.

There isn't any. In the book it's not required to join the military to just live but it is to have the right to vote and they explicitly state you can join even if you are a fucking quadruped and they will just have you lick stamps or some shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Literally the only good thing coming out of this shitshow of a movie.

And serve the Federation.

>voting population consists exclusively of brainwashed veterans, effectively creating a single-party dictatorship

>single-party dictatorship
That's the only one good future for humanity.

I still sing this shit.

In the book you don't even need to serve in the military. IIRC civil service and other things that benefit the Federation can earn you citizenship.

Which is funny because in my time in the Navy there were tons of foreigners from China,Russia and ofc Africa who enlisted to earn citizenship

>Voting population consists of exclusively lazy parasites, effectively leading to a single-party dictatorship
If you honestly see a problem with people having to have some skin in the game to have a say in the government you are retarded.

i dont know
all i know is that movie sucked donkey dick just like the last cgi one

Because the asteroid knocks out their comms, which subsequently stops them from warning Earth about it, which is something that they specifically try to do and lament not being able to. This particular part of the scene only serves a narrative purpose if that same asteroid is the one that then hits Earth, because they had not been able to warn anyone about it.

This pleases me.

nope

Buenos Aires was an inside job wake up sheeple

>Not the display of more enemy bugs and more developed human weapons in response, displaying the arms race between the two sides
>Not the combat mecha which only showed up for five minutes at the end of 4 and were forgotten entirely in 5
>Not the exploration of the federation's power structure
>Not exploring the bugs' attempts to understand and subvert humanity, and the results of humanity's study of the brain bug
>Not Christianity being adopted by the federation to help control people
Marauder's only sin was having a low budget.

I'M DOING MY PART

>It has the ST theme.
Japan saving all over again.

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

the biggest thing about that book for me was some of the shit sounded like an episode from leave it to beaver. mother fuckers saying gee wiz and golly and shit like that. fucking vernaculars man

Anyone have any recommendations for sci-fi books that take place on mars

>TR spray and pray kiddies thinking they're better than anyone

Half the fun is blowing up entire city blocks, what will they do to make up for losing that aspect?

thats pretty cool but traitor of mars was fucking garbage, just like the one before it

Wait what? There's still destruction. Hell the gameplay I watched was running at like 10fps thanks to a single air raider.

They should really just drop Rico and focus on some other group if they're not going to do anything about progressing the war situation.

THE ONLY GOOD BUG IS A DEAD BUG

Verhoeven strawmanned the book. In the book any Federal Service job-- not just military-- guarantees citizenship for life.

Edf is known for two things: shooting giant bugs, and huge explosions that destroy both the city and the framerate. What makes you think any of that changed in 5

Yeah you really are a fucking retard.
>This particular part of the scene only serves a narrative purpose if that same asteroid is the one that then hits Earth
I already told you what the narrative purpose was. Stay BTFO, dicklet.

fucking nips man what do you want

Here's why he got the lashes in the book.

Duboise = His veteran teacher in high school
Zim = "The clown cannot honk if you disable his hand" man

>What's with the paperclip
The book is stiff and I don't have 3 hands.

What's more is that I'm quite sure they were required to give anyone who wanted it a chance and could not turn down applicants. They could choose the service that they would go into but everyone was entitled to their chance of acquiring citizenship.

>WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MOTTO?

am i missing something? what does that mean?

Just read the book user. It's fun and really short.

Except not one of the things you listed is related to that particular part of the scene. There is no reason to bring up their comms being knocked out and being unable to warn earth about the asteroid if that fact is not important later. All the things you mentioned are already established by the time that happens, and that part of the scene does nothing to further any of them.
You really are just being obstinate.

Motto means more.

>There is no reason to bring up their comms being knocked out and being unable to warn earth about the asteroid if that fact is not important later.
Video link of the scene please.

well that explains everything

It's said "moh'toh", with a deliberate half beat pause between the two.

I didn't like how the other two pages read but this was perfectly fine.

The first two were basically a prologue. They pick that plot thread back up like halfway through the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=qCE4pHiGTXs

OH SHIT

today is SRW X stream probably with new PV, fellow user
youtube.com/watch?v=lTaejOJQDaI
in a few hours
I wonder who OG are

youtu.be/hw2sb8MXUAk?t=2664
It immediately precedes the asteroid hitting Earth, you're a fucking retard if you can't connect the dots.

fuck right when I go to sleep

well on the bright side you'll just wake up to see just PV instead of sitting thru fluff and probably X-Omega bullshit

>I've read some WW1 and 2 memoirs too and that reads nothing like them
Heinlein briefly served as an officer himself.
He's not fucking Hemingway, but neither are most soldiers.

Is the EVA-01 making fun of how the size is really inconsistent throughout the show?

Yep

>Mother nature's night camo.jpg

>"There is no reason to bring up their comms being knocked out and being unable to warn earth about the asteroid"
AHAHHAHA THEY DON'T MENTION EARTH AT ALL HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHHAHHAHAHA

YOU GOT BTFO
B T F O
DICKLETTTTTTTTTTTT

Also unless you're going to claim Carmen was privy to a conspiracy to specifically hit the communications tower on the asteroid so as to kill many crew members and drop out communications, which is ridiculous, there's no way that it was set up. She was the one piloting at the time.

Heinlein's characters are mostly nonwhite, they all act white though, cause he's literally never interacted with minorities for extended periods of time.

Well it's not like he portrayed race as any negative thing in his utopian future anyway

They mention the fleet you pedantic fuck.
I have no stake in it being a set up or not, I'm just saying it's the same fucking asteroid.

IT'S A GOOD DAY TO DIE
WHEN YOU KNOW THE REASON WHY

Dizzy>Carmen

His stories also aren't at all about race, so his portrayal of them isn't particularly important.

really fed up with all this new that has flooded Cred Forums

>Micahel Ironside is 68
its going to be a rough day when he dies

My point isn't his portrayal of race, I'm just saying that you might as well treat all his characters as white, that's how they act, that's how he wrote them, he just changed the race arbitrarily.

They don't mention Earth you dumb fuck.

Square Enix has made like three 3DCGI Starship Troopers movies in the last five years or so dude trailer has a lot of footage from the third it's been out for a while

There are two CGI movies, Squeenix has nothing to do with them, and the footage is all from the newest one.

He deserved to appear in better vidya

John Carter books?

holy shit i wish they spent more money on the game and not the cast
that game turned out to be ok with kanes wrath but the story was fucking balls

I wish the movie was better

It was interesting

at least we got this gem

>those tiddy

So i tried to play 4.1 today and the mouse is fucked beyond saving. I cant fix the speed.

Not as rough as watching any part of Superjail past season 1.

Did you try changing the DPI?

Quick, before this 404s

How in the hell do I deal with hornets on inferno in 4.1? Can't tank them, can't kite them, can't out dps them, wat do?

I tried to fix it in the option menu but cant play it like months ago.

If you're sure it's not your skill that's the problem then either grind more armour or get better guns.

>being this salty

Without knowing more, I can only see it as the common issue on windows 10. All my friends have had it..

steamcommunity.com/app/410320/discussions/0/2592234299532510692/

What class and what weapons are you using?

Windows updates broke it, here's how to fix steamcommunity.com/app/410320/discussions/0/2592234299532510692/

although now there's another weird, but less common bug where your mouse will just kinda skip randomly, like you hit a brief lag spike for a sec and the game moved without you, but I don't know if anyone's found a fix for that

youtube.com/watch?v=BTGZlflKzuw

I'm from Buenos Aires and I'm white!

Significantly less terrible than I thought it would be

Dyna Meyer looks good for her age, and she teases the fuck out of thirsty niggas on twitter.

Quite frankly, none of you Cred Forumsermin deserve to play this game. You're all a bunch of whiny pissants.

40k hp fencer with basically all guns

I have most every gun on every class. Just need the strategy, cause that fencer dies in fifteen seconds on four player against hornet swarms

Thanks to this thread I have a desire to rewatch Roughneck Chronicles. I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

Basil Poledouris is so criminally underrated.

Conan, Robocop, Starship Troopers, Free Willy. Absolutely love is work.

F

>She's nearly 50

She still got it

...That's surprisingly decent.

How do you get to 40k armor and not figure out how to deal with hornets?

Since you got four players, dual hammers (finest or vulcan) with 90% damage resistance. By juggling them properly, you can have that resistance up almost constantly, and then your buttbuddies can pick up the slack. If they can't, tell them to aim better. Alternatively, use dual twin spears (M4) and just keep moving fast. This is actually fast enough to keep you kiting from almost everything, even green ants, but absolutely under no circumstances should you ever slow down. Keep your nose out for pebbles that might snag your big toe and stop you for a split second.

Seriously, nigga, you should have this down to a science with an armor value like that. If these strats don't work, then either nigga u bad, or your teammates can't aim.

TL;DR Go for speed or go for hammer tanking.

as someone who played it a lot: yes. (played it on pc) do not, played it with a controller.
shit is fun with randoms, even more fun local (couch) co op. shit can even go couch co op-online.

would recommend (do get the DLC that includes the UAV, and the snow shoes, those are worth it, and damn near mandatory, the rest is optional.) check G2a and simmilar if there is a version with everything included. even now its stll heavilly played so dont worry about it being not released recently.

m8, Starship Troopers is one of the founding book franchises that enfatuated Japan with mechs. They even made an animated OVA series in 1988 that is the closest thing to the actual novel.

I really like the Muv Luv verse but holy fuck it takes age for them to release anything

Javelin
Catapult
Dashcancel

> Giant insects can't fly

Tell me friend. Do the new vegaltas have better mobility and hitbox?

One thing is aging and another give up your humanity in a desperate attempt to not age.

Next project might as well be MLA 2 if Exogularity is any indication

ROUGHNECKS

I'm doing my part, Cred Forums.
Are you?

Yeah, what asteroid could that be of all the asteroids that crashes into places!

bump

I still need to kill the bug in the lava level ...

Im doin my part

I'm doing my part. I still wish to know more.

Every game in the series has been released in the west. I doubt they'll stop now

god damn you

The strategy game was pretty good back in the day.

PC RELEASE WHEN

Let's talk about this tomorrow

I WANT A THICK AND JUICY STEAK

>those giant flashy screen-shaking guns
god this game look cinematic as hell. where can i plunder this game?

ADAMA WATCH OUT BOOMER IS A CYLON

>still no western release date

hot...

t. traitors
>implying the federation would ever harm it citizens

Its fun but its not the kind of game you will play forever. Youll enjoy it, and when you run out of things to do you will put it down and be satisfied, Cred Forums hated it because there wasnt hundreds of hours of content to keep them playing when it came out.

>Argentina
>White

fuck me, starship troopers scared me for life
i still cant se a bug whitout geting afraid its going to eat my brain

FUCK YEAH, Hugo Award winner, baby!

it's not bad, it's just really adverby

>anyway, this collaboration will most likely amount to a few vehicle skin DLCs and nothing more
This sadly, I'd love it if the EDF guys made a Starship Troopers mode though.

>There will never be a PC port of Makai Kingdom

Just fuck my shit up

why do people get butthurt when something is labeled as white supremacist? It doesn't mean is bad fiction (it doesn't mean is good either). I want Cred Forumsacas to leave this place, you are just as pathetic as triggered SJWs.

>taking the novel more faithfully than a parody movie

I hope we have an anime of the Witcher that is more faithful to the novel than the games

I like the plot so far

>"I'm from Buenos Aires and I say I AM WHITE!"

Our forces now have dwindled and we fall back to regroup

There's a precedent for this.

Power rangers lost galaxy reused outfits from the starship troopers films for the troops on the spaceship.

>Japanese CGI films are based off the book.
Not really they don't get the suits right. The suits are fucking murder machines and can kill a entire planets.

I am doing my part as a proud white man from Argentina

so the author created Space Marines before Game Workshop?

space marines aren't really an original concept anyways

>they're like regular marines in the navy.. except its the SPACE navy! so they need big bulky space suits and weapons that work in space

Yea if Space Marines could fire A-bombs on the go

>implying they can't

Imperium has really bad weaponry.