Sonic was only ever meant to exist in 2D. Everything in the third dimension and beyond is shit

Sonic was only ever meant to exist in 2D. Everything in the third dimension and beyond is shit.

I agree with you

Soinc Forces is proof that that isn't exactly the case and it's just that the Sonic Team are literal retards, since in that game they somehow made the 2D levels worse then the 3D ones.

I know exactly how to fix 3D Sonic, but I won't say it here since I'll never get credit for it anyway, and I don't care if Sega ever figures it out.

Utopia works in 3D
official games do not

>since in that game they somehow made the 2D levels worse then the 3D ones.
all the 2D sections were garbage

1st person sonic when

Top down sonic when?

Yes, that is what I essentially typed.

add generations and sonic colors to the left side

Heroes and Unleashed have comfy locales tbqh

Meh, they were trying and pushing for 3d even in the first games so it makes sense they went 3d, just a shame SA 1 and 2 were as good as it got. (Which is.....sad)

you implied the 3D levels where worse than the 2D ones in the previous games

I miss Tom Kalinske
Imagine if Sega actually listened to his advice
Do it yourself, that pic is to mock adventurefags because their the only ones who didnt get a new game.
I think there is an edit floating around but it sucked.

Most of the modern 3D games are just 2.5D with running segments like they had in 2.D special stages.

>Everything in the third dimension
>and beyond
There are fourth dimensional Sonic games? What is that even like?

>I miss Tom Kalinske
Why?, sega would still have died or be shit like xbox in fact the dreamcast was just missing the HD

While I find the 2D games to be of a consistently better quality (16 bit, Advance, Rush) I would honestly say my overall favorite games are Sonic Heroes and Sonic Unleashed with Mania right under them.

Sonic CD

Good 3D sonic games can be done.
>but muh physics

Unleashed day has better physic than Gens Modern Sonic

>Generations
>3D
More than half of it isn't.
>>but muh physics
Yes

better level design and no roger craig smith too

>he thinks physics is a trivial matter
That's what gave Sonic his gameplay identity. Without those, it's not even a Sonic game, it's just a game starring Sonic.

And besides, Generations is half 2D platformer, half 3D racing. And that bland, basic-as-fuck 2D platforming is holding that racing game back from its full potential. It's half baked, inconsistent, incomplete, jack of all trades and king of none. None of this makes for a good game. At best, it's a good game's potential wanting to escape its suffocating existence.

He secured not only the hardware that became the n64 for Sega, but also the PS1. Sega shot them both down in favor of the Saturn.
Not to mention Kalinske is the only reason Sega did well in the US, despite Japan being furious with his decision making.