Is a N3DS with CFW the best handheld ever made?

Is a N3DS with CFW the best handheld ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

On par with PSP.

>hooking up a controller with InputRedirect

cheap and flimsy, feels like a toy, shit screens with no quality control

I would disagree. DS and PSP were both superior to 3DS. Had better libraries, in my opinion.

But all the Virtual Console injections are nice.

You're right about the DS having a better library than the 3DS. But with a flashcart, you have the whole DS library anyways.

i still cant believe that both the 3ds and wii u ended up being the best nintendo platforms ever

I would say so. My 3DS has every decent GBA game ever released, a flash card with every single DS game, all the good 3DS games, and more. I could never buy another device ever again and be content.

no

vita with enso and renpdrm is

The 3DS seriously is awful for any kind of action game. I haven't used a Switch but I imagine that's the best handheld available.

I don't think my CycloDS works. Which flashcart does work?

R4i Gold 3DS Plus

I bought a cheaper R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS. It's SHIT

PSP is still the best by far, mainly because ability to play ps1 games perfectly.

Wasn't PSP entire library just shittier versions of PS2 games? It was also heavy and uncomfortable to use. What's so good about it?

No.
>What's so good about it?
All of its good games.

Everything and you are misinformed.

you could no be more mislead. It had some ps1 ports, but the majority of its library is unique to it

Only if it has dual ips screens

3DS is literally unplayable to me
>400 x 240
>games designed to be playable on one analog

>they add second stick
>fuck it up
>replacing it with a psp stick feels so much better
>so few games even support the damn thing

I'm not mislead, I had it when I was like 11. All of the game I had usually fit that scheme
>ratchet & clank, but worse
>jak & daxter, but worse
>god of war, but short as hell
>medievil, but what the actual fuck
>ape escape, but terrible

Maybe there was something worthwile in other genres, but as a kid it was just a worse ps2 you could take with you on a trip.

Sounds like a problem on your end.

Not even close fag I have both.
>Has actual 2 analog sticks not some guys nipples.
>D-pad that isn't dogshit.
>L R shoulders aren't someones grandma's sewing machine foot pedal
>960x544 resolution

If you buy portable for 3d action games, you are doing it wrong. Can't think of other genres that you need 2nd analog that bad.

It's a shame, if Vita's memory system wasn't pants-on-head retarded, it would easily surpass the PSP. But it's not, so PSP remains king of Sony handhelds for hacking.

wow, a contrarian circlejerk. Guess there is so much 3ds threads lately that we woke up the 5 vitafags that exist.

>DS
Considering that the N3DS can play DS games, that's kind of invalid.

>PSP
Bahahahah

they are not really bad if you get the psp stick and a controller grip for 3DS

*downloads all games in its library without paying a single cent* pshhhhh nothing personnell

wow look at all these incredible vita titles

>mfw trying to play Bow in MH4U on stock 3DS

*does the same with PKGi but 1MB+ faster*
*teleports behind you* too slow.

but the monster hunter games are the best games the system has

Why doesn't PKGi support DLC or PS1/PSP games anyways? It just feels really weird and arbitrary.

MH4U controls fucking suck in general but the LR weapons are a special kind of bad.

are you saying there's some new hacks on the vita that is not the 3.60 thing? Shit I should look into this further.

Depends on what you want. The 3DS has access to the entire catalog of Nintendo handhelds across 20+ years.

If you don't like Nintendo games, the PSP/Vita might be a better.

The first god of war was a short game. Chains of Olympus was about as long, just lacking in some extra content.
Secret agent clank was a gamer about clank.
Daxter was it's own thing.

Cant comment on medievil and ape escape, as i never played them.
Just because you asked your parents to buy those games for having your favorite characters plastered on them doesn't mean the psp was a port machine.

It's missing DS and GBA games

>daxter
>clank

Lost Frontier and Size Matters. Noone was talking about ports, they were all new games, but handicapped in some way.

>It's missing DS and GBA games
It has both of those.

You can do GBA injects with the CFW.
SD loading for DS games doesn't really seem to be panning out, at least not as ridiculously as some could hope, but as someone has mentioned already, get a flash cart and you are golden.

>R4i Gold 3DS Plus
So do I go with the 42GB or what? Is there something better?

Buy a microSD seperate, dummy
They're way cheaper elsewhere

It even has NES and SNES. Only consoles not compatible with it are gamecube/wii/wii u and obviously switch, but we still get some ports from those from time to time.

Buy your own SD card off Amazon, they're cheaper and better. 32GB is enough for all "good" DS games, but if you want all the shit games too then you'll want a 64GB+.

I thought vita can do all psp can do but better?

Yeah, I really don't recall any memorable PSP games.
I guess Patapon series comes to mind. GTA games as well. Daxter, Infected, and Coded Arms.
Just searched for some, Peace Walker, a Kingdom Hearts game, and Pursuit Force. Didn't realize Force Unleashed was ported as well

No, you go with 4 gb, maybe 8. DS games are around 100 mb each.

Depends on how many DS games you intend on putting on it. Don't pay that much for a fucking microSD though. You can get a 32GB for $12.

Don't buy that SD card, you could get that same Sandisk for like $12 everywhere else.

This. I have a 32GB on mine and it just barely fits about 300 games.

The largest ones are around 512mb or 256mb, I think. It's been awhile.

Alright alright, I hear you guys loud and clear. SD card somewhere else. I am also reading that the R4i Gold installs 3ds custom firmware with it? Will I need this if my 3ds is above 11.6?

Nigger, the Pokemon games alone are like 3GB.

It "can", not it "does".

LOL Black is only 256 MB you stupid black.

That's 3DS dude.

I meant altogether, as in all of Gen 4 and 5.

It can

>Pokemon

I was talking about the size of SD card for the flashcart. DS games are tiny, if you were all talking about sd card to insert into 3ds, then yes, 32GB minimum.

2 GB, but very well. I'm sorry for calling you a black.

vita plays psp games better than psp

You have the whole library of psp games and a lot of ps2 and ps3 ports

This, NES/SNES/some N64 ports/DS games (with flashcart) and the 3DS's own great library all wrapped up on a handheld with decent battery life and, ideally, a 64+GB microSD makes for a happy camper. Just for God's sake don't fall for the Retroarch meme with this thing, especially not for SNES, there's a fucking SNES9x fork for N3DS that even runs special-chip games like Super Mario RPG just fine.

My one regret is that Virtual Boy emulation on 3DS is never ever due to lack of interest.

>Hack 3DS with 128 GB micro SD
>Get a flash cart for DS games
>Separate access to storage
>Plays most classic games pre 5th gen
>Limited to 300 apps

>Hack 3G Vita and install a SD board with 128 GB
>Separate access to storage
>Plays PSP and PS1 games well, others not as much
>Limited to 500 apps

Kind of a hard choice, but Vita eches out by a very small amount.

>Considering that the N3DS can play DS games, that's kind of invalid.
If you have to resort to a console being able to run games from other consoles, that's an indicator that its library is weak.

I like my N3DS better than my PSP and Vita. PSP/Vita libraries have a lot of gems. In fact, solely on their own libraries I think the Vita is better device than the 3DS. I've played and beaten way more Vita games than the 3DS. Vita has a lot of cool games that get ignored. But the combined forced of the entire Nintendo handheld catalog is just too fucking good. PS1 games on the go is cool but honestly, I'd rather play them on a TV.

Still, you can't go wrong with any of them but for me just having all the Gameboy/DS/3DS games in one package is too good.

Need a second hacked n3ds to install on r4 but once you flash to hack 3ds you can't change it back.

Vita has no games besides bottom of the barrel weebshit, Monster Hunter clones, and VNs, all of which are usually ported or found on other systems anyways. Literally the only game worth getting a Vita for is P4G, which is a remake.

It's so uncomfortable, I wish I could enjoy it but they made no attempt at ergonomics.

Collecting dust atm

did the original psp have any version where the joystick-equivalent wasn't textured like my dryer's dust collector

>Vita has no games besides
Stopped reading there. Same argument can be said for the 3DS.

I like my PSP and use my psp a lot more. It's got way more games to play with a lot less hassle.

Does NDS rom-loading from an SD card work well yet?
I want to play some good DS games I missed out on but I don't feel like buying a flashcart or using an emulator.

nope, flashcart only. I think there's some attempts at ds emulation but nothing even remotely playable.

I was thinking about buying a N3DS but want to be able to mod it so it plays DS games and 3DS games and is able to emulate other Nintendo consoles. Is that hard to do?

It's getting better but still a long shot before getting it to run anything besides SM64 or some of the pokemon games at full speed.

if you buy a flashcart and have the right firmware, not too hard. It also has issue emulating most systems, you have to do individual injections of games for gba titles, and n64 isn't playable at all. ps1 is also really poor quality.

Nope, and no one really expects it to.
Just get a flash cart with an SD card. You'l at least have separate storage in case one of the SD cards crap out on you.

You'll need a flash cart and a good enough magnet to pull it off. Firmware doesn't matter with the 3DS.

Well that's disappointing.
Any recommendations for good/cheap flashcarts?

Pick any of these that don't have a time bomb.
3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

Thanks user.

Thanks guys. I think I'll stick to my modded PSP. That plays most SNES games (that I tried) pretty well, and there's no input delay, unlike when I emulate on my phone and use a wireless controller.

For some reason tho, my PSP can't play Rock Band Unplugged or Jackass anymore, cause it has massive slowdown. It could before, and I don't know why it can't anymore. Oh well.

Does DS games looks better on DS Lite or n3DS?

I mean it's stretched on 3ds, but you can set it to native res, it's just pillboxed.

DSi is probably best. Early DS Lites have an absolute garbage screen. N3DS looks like trash when it's upscaled and it's too small when it's windowboxed.

Not sure if CFW did it, or what. Mine doesn't like carts anymore. But I seem to remember having trouble with Zelda 3D back when it was new, so it could be that mine has always been a bit faulty.