I never played nor I want to play Nier:Automata, but I wonder why do people love this game?

I never played nor I want to play Nier:Automata, but I wonder why do people love this game?

Go play and see for yourself ?
Explaining would just ruin a huge part of the appeal.

A2 is best girl

Autism

>but I wonder why do people love this game
anime and waifus, literally no other reason, the game is shit

>ywn have a girl like that but irl (in real life)
why even go on bros

it has a good story and fun gameplay

It's got amazing combat depth for a JRPG, in the same vein of KHII FM (though I don't know if Nier has anything that prevents leveling up, which is a shame). You can JC, DJC, the Wire Pod Program is fucking fun as hell, the combat bracers are an insanely fun weapon, the shooter hell segments were okay, I know people are divisive on them, but I enjoyed them. My only real gripe with the game is that even on hard it's a bit to easy (and I don't understand why there is no lock-on function on hard, Pod aiming aside), and Very Hard is just tedious with the OHKO shit.

It's a fantastic game with great music, great characters, and a story that will move you if you're invested in its characters and lore. It really is an experience.

The true ending is pretty damn wholesome

I played the Nier:A trial and the combat felt like ass, then played KHII FM and it felt like a masterpiece.
What am I missing here? Does the game get really good later on when you get more combat options or something?

Well, you get access to more weapons, more projectiles, and more pod programs (this NieR's version of magic) later on. I mean, I really liked the combat from the get go, which incentivezed me to get better, and I learned how to do a bunch of flashy shit.

What didn't you like about the combat? It's fucking great, you can cancel out of everything or almost everything, I believe.

>Does the game get really good later on when you get more combat options or something?
I love the game and I will tell you: no, the combat is shallow and only gets shallower as you get stronger.

Hard to put my finger on it, just wasn't really grabbing me and me go wow. Though I somehow really loved the combat in Transformers:Devastation.

Id say hard is just normal mode really. Its pretty much exactly the same as it was in Nier where everything just takes longer to kill. Thats not hard. Thats just boring.

As for lock-on, the game has its own autolocking. Its present in all modes. I agree with your sentiments about the manual auto lock though.

Taro's games are not the best gameplay-wise (although Automata is genuinely fun to play and well made), but instead are focused on the characters and story. The game also has really good music that is used to set the tone and enhance the story, and it does a good job doing that.

Basically, you play these games for the story and characters first. They're all heavily flawed but I can't help but love them

>Fun (albeit shallow) combat
>Well written characters
>Cool science fiction setting and story
>Interesting themes not commonly explored in vidya
>Top tier music
>Switches between fighting, bullet hell, and 2d platforming so it doesn't get boring

It's pretty good even if you aren't into weeb shit. and if you are then it's a masterpiece

This is only somewhat accurate. The game never forces the player to learn more than is needed to complete it. If you get that pressing R1 constantly and mashing square and triangle are enough, you won't do more than is needed. And given the sidequests, it's exceedingly easy to become overleveled and steamroll everything. I learned to git gud on my second playthrough, doing some DLC shit. Only post-game content was challenging, so I started another file again, and did as little side-quests as I could, and now I could actually style on enemies instead of killing them almost immediately. It was very fun.

You can get very creative later on in the game. Pod programs, combat chips, and advanced techs make the game a blast. They're kinda tricky to learn, but the time investment isn't huge.

I feel as though main resent it just because of the Platinum logo, all the while forgetting this And even then, Automata is very fucking fun for JRPG combat. I'd say it has more depth than Rising, but stuff like Bayonetta/DMC still overshadows it.

Those boobs looks lazy and way too big for A2.

Normally I'd call you a fag but you're right. She's not actually wearing a tank top, I don't know why everyone draws her like she is.

Because of the illusion of clothes. Makes it hotter.

what a dumbass thread, this place is really going to shit.

Because its a rather unique experience. Not a very smooth one, but unique. Thats Taro's signature style.

The game is a mix of 2 genres:.bullet hells and character action. Despite not being the deepest bullet hell jor the deepest curayzee combat, the mix is a genuinely interesting idea.
The story, characters and world building are the main focus of the game, and i would say it excel on it. They definitely dont go the way i would expect.
Its quite an unique experience. Not necessarily a perfect one, but as someone who already played several hundreds / thousands of games, any relativelely fresh experience for me is worth gold

These. It's simply a fresh experience that is ton of fun to play. Gameplay succeeds in making you feel super powered and agile. Story succeeds in making you care about its characters. It's not perfect but it's something new and daring.

Mostly just Yoko taro fans, which takes a very strange and nonsensical sort of taste.
Source: I'm a Yoko taro fan.

The characters are extremely well written, and they develop along with the story. And the story is meta in that it challenges you, as a player, not just through the characters you're playing.
Gameplay's barely okay though, that i'll agree on.

>draws HEY HEY YOU YOU meme girl
>calls it an android

Newbie question.

When does route B start diverging from A, is there something specific I have to do?

Route B is mostly Route A from 9S's point of view. The story continues onward in Route C. Just keep playing. You don't need to do anything specific.

It doesn't really diverge until the last parts of the story, when 9s and 2b get separated. It was kinda boring for me to play through it, but C is a whole new chapter.

The main difference for route B is side quests, do ALL of them or you will regret later, they are extremely well-written and add a lot to the narrative even if you will not understand how exactly at first.

It's fun.

Cute cat.