It's time to come back to eve online, Cred Forums. Together we can rule the galaxy as father and son

It's time to come back to eve online, Cred Forums. Together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.

Other urls found in this thread:

massivelyop.com/2016/02/15/eve-player-uses-28000-of-skill-injectors-to-create-max-character/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've tried to play it a couple of times but I only ever last a couple of days. Good luck with reviving your dead game user

Fuck that sci-fi bullshit, I want Shadowbane back.

>Dead

EVE's been thriving for years

MMOs are a niche genre, WOW and its most popular clone at the time are abnormalities, and barely count as MMOs to begin with, having more then 300k players on a server is pretty impressive for a 15 year old game.

EVE is only good for onlookers when a big event happens like a turbo autist losing 50k real dollarydoos in assets

Maybe when they remove Jump Freighters, Capital bridging, deployable bubbles, and literally uncatchable missile kite frigates.

So remove all the things that make eve fun?

Those things only make eve fun if you idea if fun is dropping capital blobs on t1 frigates with no risk and crabbing in nullsec with absolutely no chance of ever engaging in PvP.

Yeah, it is

And that's why Eve is dying off so hard.

>says the waiting swarm of suicide gank troll faggots circlejerking off about ruining lesser geared or newer players (who his faggot corp is not even at ear with or anything) fun and stopping them from being able to play at all.

Yeah, how about no you raging cuntlord of shit.

While I don't agree with jump mechanics as they currently are, without them it would be nothing more then 24/7 gate camps

>fun

>being a troll faggot

No you're the reason your game is played by so few. If it wasn't for retards like you your game would be played by as many people as you want.

DHL.

You're thinking too short term. 24/7 gate camps would starve out the null blobs, force them to actually manufacture in Null. Manufacturing in null means either freighting materials from High, or mining them in Null. Mining them or shipping them means vulnerable miners or vulnerable freighters with no instant jumps to escape.
It would also completely shake up the blob meta because Ammo might actually be hard to get.

As it stands now all the industry for nullblobs happens in high sec or completely safe krabspace guarded by Capital blobs that can jump to essentially anywhere in minutes, which effectively removes the mobility advantage subcap gangs should have from the game.

That's an old ass guild. I wish I could go back to the days before it became f2p.

The reason so few people play it is because the game's UI and core gameplay was designed in the late 90s by 5 drunk vikings.

Its got the best overall MMO metagame of any MMO on the market, but because its core gameplay is so dull and its UI leaves many new players going "WTF just happened" half of the time, they won't ever get the same playerbase as, say, WOW.

Still, EVE is the GOAT of MMOs just for all the shit you can do.

>waaaaah! I don't like people doing mean things to me in videogames! Mummy! Help!

yeah no we always ended up sucking off some shit alliance for nullsec access. We joined the reddit alliance ffs, got the boot after someone linked a thread with CP in it in local chat on a big OP. We're not welcome there, too many burnt bridges.

Subcap gangs shouldn't be fighting capitals to begin with.

Subcap gangs shouldn't be trying to take territory from nullbabbies anyway.

A well piloted subcap gang can easily kill hundreds of players who are blobbing, all you have to do is avoid capital gangs, and if they're wasting their jump fatigue timers to drop you, you've already won.

Yet the game is constantly dominated by capital blobs and nobody in a roaming gang brings anything slower than a cruiser to Null because you will instantly get dropped by literally hundreds of capitals. And then there's how Capitals have completely fucked W-space where it's literally impossible to evict the blob alliance because they have 300+ capitals in their home holes and the mass limits on entry and exit means it's impossible to bring your own.

>Having to slow jump your 500 man fleet through 50 gates to get any action
Are you fucking retarded?

>Blobbing gets nerfed how ever will we survive

>how dare people just want to be comfy space miners or truckers!!! They need to exist purely for me to Jack off my limp dick over as I use my ship that they can't possibly do anything about blows them to pieces!!! I'm so leet and skilled! Those newbs with shit gear who can't do SFA are such a threat! Never mind that they're not even in a Corp let alone supporting a war effort if a corp I'm actually at war with! I'm not a cowardly little shot who won't actually risk a fight doing something actually useful for my corp at all!!! I could go fight anytime i want! Me turning up makes the enemies suicide themselves in terror I'm so good!!!

Yea I'm sure Lord cuntbag.

That's it. Let it all out user. Those meanies ganked your freighter didn't they.

>Nerf jumps
>Then everyone has to produce in nul were they camp the gates 24/7
>Also capitals are OP in wormholes!
>Can't attack them because we can't jump in

You are literally retarded aren't you, for one, if you're getting killed by a capital ship as a subcap that isn't a battleship, you are literally retarded.

No, your gang of weekend warriors in t1 babby frigates should be able to fuck with people who have billions of isk on the field.

Sounds like you got salty because your rifter died.

>as if I would play your no fun allowed retard game of troll faggots.

if i played eve right now and wanted to pilot the titans asap how long would it take, playing solo

>playing solo

Literally impossible.

Played for 500 hours over years. This game is fucking boring. I don't know how did I get 500 hours out of it I wasn't even having fun with it.

How possible is it for a new player to pick up this game if i play a few hours every night?

Definitely. Just do something you enjoy doing for a few hours every night and don't get stuck into something that's a massive time sink. Exploration, Faction Warfare, Planetary Interaction and small-scale PVP with bros are the best ways to do this.

Pretty easy. There's no grinding in eve since your skills simply train on a timer. You set them up to train and they train whether you're online or offline. You can pilot a Battleship decently within a month

I think Blizzard's new expansion for WOW is up your alley.

They're removing PVP flagging from PVP servers.

Easy, if you're not easily disuaded by archaic UI and punishing open world PVP, even 'safe' space isn't safe.

The best thing to do is find a newbie friendly corp and fly with them, EVE is 90% hanging out with people and coordinating profit making activities, and 10% actual gameplay.

Sounds pretty good, is the f2p worth it or should i wait and buy it?

Its better to just sub for the first few months so you can train your core skills faster, then its up to you if you want to grind all the ISK required to stay subbed with in game money, or if you want to stay subbed and use your ISK for in game activities.

Join up with eve uni. They're an excellent newbie corp to learn the ropes with.

Just do F2P, they expanded the amount/size of ships you can fly on the free plan and it'll take you a while to reach the 5mil skill point cap anyway.
By then you'll either have figured out how you'll make money to pay for a sub with in-game money or if you're busy in RL you can pay with $$.

DON'T GET THE GAME VIA STEAM OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Only sub through your account on CCP's website. Also don't fall for the Steam item/ship bundles, they're shitty as well.

Exploration, Faction Warfare and Planetary Interaction are all great newbro ways to make money.
Exploration is fully random, you might get jack shit for a few days/weeks and then find a rare piece of loot worth enough to pay your sub.
Faction Warfare is a good way to make money while PVPing in small, cheap, low skillpoint ships. If you do it right you can make 20-50mil/hour doing it.
Planetary Interaction might require subbing to unlock the skills and you'll need access to a wormhole or Null sec space, but when you do it you'll make great passive money for pressing buttons for 5min a day.
When I played Eve I did PI. It made me enough money to either pay my sub every month or to PVP as much as I wanted all month in small ships (Frigates, Destroyers, Cruisers).

This is solid advice too. Meet people, get some bros, don't hang around too long if you're in a group with shitters or drama queens. Fly with bros, always. Look for newbie friendly corps like Eve Uni. Eve Uni will be a good way to meet a heap of people, learn the basics, get free noob ships, equipment, ammo and skillbooks then get out.

with about a year's salary you could pilot one in as little as a few hours depending on how quickly you can sell the plex, buy the books and injectors, and find somebody willing to sell a titan.

Correct

massivelyop.com/2016/02/15/eve-player-uses-28000-of-skill-injectors-to-create-max-character/

can you still farm alphas for extractors then sell the injectors

These stories are the best because you know these kinds of players are usually the retards that get blown up like 10 days later.

Well it's not like he loses anything even if he does. You don't lose SP when you die (Unless you're in a T3 cruiser)

>10 days
you mean 10 minutes, right?

I meant when he jumps in a Titan or a Super thinking he can 1v1 PVP anyone and win. Eve always attracts normie retards that think bigger ship = better ships.

Supers can 1v1 anything in the game. I mean yeah if you're in a frigate orbiting at 1500m he won't hit you, but you're sure as fuck not going to kill him and you can't warp scramble him either.

Most of this shit is irrelevant,or just plain unfun. If you go into EVE wanting to run missions you're going to want to kill yourself shortly.

And remember: No matter how much money you make, there's a guy out there running bots that will make more ISK in a day than you will in 3 months.

>Supers can 1v1 anything in the game
even a pack of fagabonds
god i hate them

EVE is a sandbox game like Minecraft. If you're not able to set your own goals then you're not going to like it.

the bots made me quit
I want to play with people, and they barely exist anymore
just bots spamming jita local for all the other bots
mining bots, trading bots, hauling
all the while the 5 actual humans in low and null call the bots carebears

A sandbox full of the most autistic tryhards in the MMO world, yes. Most of which have more or less infinite ISK at this point.

You can get into EVE right now if you want, but I wouldn't. I love the idea of it, but I think CCP is in the process of dying. Skill injectors were a line that should not have been crossed, and it has completely destroyed the balance. Now they've cut their community team and a lot of the old hands seem to be jumping ship. The game is infested with bots on a cataclysmic level and CCP makes 0 effort whatsoever to do absolutely anything about them. And those bots feed into massive RMT machines that you will never get to see any part of... although if you join a null alliance, you'll spend a lot of time defending it and its moving parts.

No, I can't.

I used to live in a C5 with a small corp that was lazy as fuck and couldn't be assed to maintain the hangar. At one point we had a connection to an aggressive corp that started camping out exits and no one fucking bothered to stop them. Had to pick a dead hour of the night to haul all of my shit out of there by myself.

The only fun I'm going to have is using my Victorieux Luxury Yacht to whiz around null-sec for shits and giggles. You're never catching me playing Eve otherwise ever again.

It's full of bots, isn't it?
Any MMO that is full of them is already dead - it's a cold fact.

I'm not a bot. I'm training to fly a Titan right now

Technically speaking EVE has been crammed full of bots for over a decade.

It's just that the Rorqual and Supercap buffs have made the bots far more lucrative than ever before.

The problem with bots is that they absolutely ruin a large part of player agency in any given game.
>The action that bots perform is now a fraction of its intended value - the player that doesn't bot is at a significant disadvantage.
>Bots exist solely to perform that one action, the accrued wealth goes to the bot owner - extreme class division between botters and non-botters.

Sure, you might say : "but the action that I perform can't/isn't botted, so it's fine!"
It's only fine if you live in a complete bubble, as the player economy is effectively ruined. Playing any game with a large bot presence is like some sort of weird digital world NTR/cuckoldry.

The real problem is that just about everything in EVE but the PvP is so simple once you get the horrible interface out of the way that it can be reliably and safely botted with 0 risk and 0 loss of performance. It really speaks volume to most of the gameplay.

I don't know about EVE, I only know of my eternal hate for bots.

>the PvP is so simple
Spoken by someone who has never PvP'd in eve

EVE is unironically the most bot friendly MMO out there. CCP does absolutely nothing to discourage botting on any level. Even basic scripts work. And the standard of proof they apply is so high that they basically never ban even the most obvious shit.

I meant PvE and typo'd, read the context.

It's still not that complex.

Fair enough. Botting is a problem and CCP are skirting around the issue because it brings them revenue. It's doubtful whether banning the bots would bring in more revenue from players who quit because of bots than just letting them slowly fester.

I played it for a bit with the f2p thing, literally trained up all the skills, did every activity (short of large scale nullsec pvp), got enough iskerinos that I could have subbed, but didn't

The core combat just isn't fun; and I'm not saying it lacks depth or sophistication or that there isn't good or bad play, I'm just saying it's not engaging.
Like, they added more things F2Pers can train and at first I was like "Cool, I can try out this other stuff I didn't get to try" but then I was like "But honestly I don't really want to, I know it's just the same thing with a different skin"

Give me a new Freelancer with faction based PvP multiplayer mods already

Even though he wasn't talking about PvP, 99% of the time the outcome of any PvP is decided before the first shot is fired.

As it should be.

>If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle

That doesn't apply at all to this.

What the fuck. The odds of you actually knowing what you're going to be fighting when you fleet up and decide your ships is way fucking low. Hell most of the time you don't even know if you're going to get a fight. The reason I quit EVE was because of two hour long low/null roams that resulted in absolutely 0 actual conflicts.

Use scouts and scans, take fights you can win, dodge fights you can't. It's not hard dude. Fights are determined by who gathers the best intelligence and knows what they're facing before they warp in.

It's not fun though, not even for the guy or guys attacking.
The only "fun" is a kind of meta-emotion from the grief that you pretend you caused someone else.
It's not real schadenfreude though because succeeding one time at a risky thing pays for 20 more attempts at risky thing, and if they're not a noob they already had enough money to cover even that first risky attempt, and if they are a noob it won't take them long to gather up the ISK again or even just be handed it to them by someone in chat (to keep them from quitting).

It's not a formula that appealing to anyone not hardwired in a very particular and rare (arguably broken) way and contributes to the low player numbers and decline the game is going through.

If you hasn't experienced small scale nullsec roaming with AT-tier pilots you know jack shit about pvp in EVE. It's like a sex, hard to get and just as satisfying.

Yeah you can, and spend 3 hours trying to hunt down 3 minutes of fun. Or you can not play EVE.

>It's like a sex, hard to get

>like fourth or fifth day playing, just after the game went F2P
>scanning for wormholes in poorfag scanner ship
>no valuables whatsoever
>enter new system, go to center
>some guy is already there
>"Woah, what are you doing here?"
>"I'm just scanning"
>"No way, where's your gank squad?"
>"Whatever dude, I'm just scanning"
>"Yeah right"
>he leaves
>I continue scanning
>couple minutes later he comes back in a combat ship and kills me.
>"lol dude, you totally fell for it"
>"entering rekt, population: you"
>"welcome to EVE, little baby :)))))))"
>mfw
I know kids don't play this shit, so I can only assume this exchange was with a grown-ass man.

Never played EVE again desu.

Rekt :^)

I miss 2015 eve. nu-eve is so bad, especially after f2p launched.

2015 eve is nu-eve. The game has been out since 2003

2015 was when it peaked for me and I started around 2010. sorry if I'm not oldfag enough for you.

Legion-chan is my waifu

The Chinese server seems interesting

I know my limits and I'm nowhere near autistic enough to succeed in that game.

is that a flared horse penis capital ship???

Yes

Is it worth playing purely F2P?

only if you work hard to isk and sub

You entered WH space and expected to what, meet friends?

no, not even with the expansion to 20m SP for alpha clones
they still don't let you train to 20m

Didn't a bunch of people killed themselves cause you could make money off this game and some dude blew up something the devs made, a hub or a treasury or something?

EVE 2 when

they need to update their meme game or just make a new "eve" that is set in a different setting to not piss off EVE whales. Like come on son.

I dunno but there was at least one instance of a guy sending hired goons over to a players house to cut his power so he couldn't log on his Titan

remember broski enterprises ;_;

I remember they used to have their own board on an alternate chan with a bunch of Yotsuba&! edits, I never saved any of them though and I doubt the site's still up. Broski was so fun to follow, I wish I joined them instead of staying in my shitty Hi-sec noob corp. I almost felt bad for Goshee,