NEW DEVIL MAY CRY TRAILER (PT:9) THE TIME HAS COME

>That new hostile groove track

youtube.com/watch?v=sXL70O_Sbpg

A reminder that DMC1 is free for PC users on Feb,27th that have Twitch Prime.

Let's not turn this into a DMC VS BAYO thread lets just discuss DMC and be happy.

Other urls found in this thread:

cogconnected.com/2018/02/bayonetta-4-already-hideki-kamiyas-mind/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Space
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>DMC1 is free for PC users on Feb,27th that have Twitch Prime.
They're trying their hardest to get people to remember the original Devil may cry series. If DMC5 doesn't come after this push then it'll never come.

Thats the point of this to push it before E3

One last ride on the DMC5 hype train.

And Bayonetta 4 is being talked about.
cogconnected.com/2018/02/bayonetta-4-already-hideki-kamiyas-mind/
Plus DMC 1 is a Kamiya game
Capcom trying to one up platinum Games
Well, that wont work.
Also platinum games developed a rpg on par with Xenosaga

Turns out Bayonetta, Vanquish, infinite space and Madworld were the platinum developed games with segas funding.
Though i know both Bayonetta 3 and DMCV will be spectacle hack and slash
Whats going on with GOW4?

If you do the free DMC1 thing, don't you have to play it through the shitty Twitch client?

I really dont get the point of these threads..DMC faggots the most pathetic posters here

Twitch prime only vs Buying the DMC collection

>Also platinum games developed a rpg on par with Xenosaga
that's not a good thing

I'd rather wait for the collection desu

>Let's not turn this into a DMC VS BAYO thread lets just discuss DMC and be happy.
At least keep it non console warring
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_Space
Plus Xenosaga was competently done by Monolith soft so its worth a check out at least.

Most people will wait for the collection if they didnt already buy DMC 1-1V

>re-re-rerelease
>capcom giving DMC the Dragon's Dogma treatment

JUST

oh no, I'm a big fan of Monolith soft and have played them all. Xenosaga is not a good trilogy and was JUSTed harder than xenogears in development. 3 is the only worthwhile one gameplay wise and even then it's weaker than the other xeno games

I don't understand this whole "bayo vs DMC" rivalry. I always assumed fans of one probably liked the other too, outside of maybe one or two autists who would fixate on one flaw in one of them and blow it way out of proportion.

It's just shitposting

it's just trolling. Although if I'm going to be honest the anal vore dabbing edit with bayo/dante after the B3 reveal was hilarious

>plunder 1
>wait until collection's out, purchase
it's not that hard user

>dragons Dogma treatment
That good or bad?
Xenosaga 1-11 was not DS and its unpatched but its the full story minus the side bits.
DMC was originally directed by Hideki Kamiya
But capcom chose a different man to direct DMC2
Kamiya was surprised with the sudden move but hung on in capcom during Clover which he left after god hand sales failure.
Bayonetta 3 was announced at VGA while it was DMCV hype train the bayo fans jumped at the shitposting salt wars on Cred Forums.

>That good or bad?
>release the same game on different platforms every two years
>bait people on twitter with "if the franchise gets more recognition, we MIGHT make a new game!"
and there was the whole buy-the-DMC-collection instead of DmC to tell capcom what you really want, which of course yielded nothing
bankruptcy is too good for all the franchises they hold hostage

Pretty sure everyone on Cred Forums knows the history of Kamiya, Clover, Platinum and DMC. The confusing part is this idea that you could like one of them and utterly despise the other.

At this point I'd be more surprised if DMC stayed dead forever than got a sequel, considering the shit we've seen on the list. Even if Itsuno retires before making DMC5, we'd get a reboot or something eventually.

What would Itsuno's game be though?
Rival Schools?

Besides DMC5? The most likely contender would normally be Dragon's Dogma 2, but DDO is still getting updates and MHW just released, so they might step on each other's toes. Similarly, Rival Schools is likely to get the shaft in favor of more Street Fighter.
Because of that, I'd say a new IP is probably almost as likely as DD2 or a Rival Schools revival. I know he said he wanted to make a gardening simulator, but he has experience with action games, so maybe he'll combine the genres somehow. Maybe that's our next DMC, is Dante's gardening adventure.

Isn't there a 2D action game that has some farming thing besides?
It had a cute little girl

I think I know what you're talking about. It switches segments between 2D action and an in-depth rice farming sim.
DMC gardening would be using action moves to water and tend to your vegetables. There'd also be a highly detailed, high octane cooking sim element so you can make various pizzas and other food, where you like shoot a tomato and it's perfectly diced, then falls onto the dough in a perfect smiley face.

Kek
I actually wouldn't mind that sort of thing in DMC
As long as it is a minigame, kinda like the shoot em up in NMH

Honestly I'm expecting a big gameplay overhaul anyways, so they may as well give us a pizza cooking minigame between missions, like how Bayonetta had that shooting arcade. Better pizza gives you bonus orbs or items. If you achieve a certain score, you get a bonus costume that's like an apron, a chef's hat, and a big Italian mustache.

>a big Italian mustache.
Can the moustache be mexican too?

Only if its revealed that Vegil secretely likes tacos

If Raiden can get a silly Mexican disguise, Dante can too.

>Rereleasing a Rerelease

trailer song name?

>done with Leviathan chapter in DMC3
Not that I don't love the game but - does it get better? From what people were saying, I was expecting a much bigger step up from DMC1 (which is a 10/10 in my book anyway). It's tighter but feels the same in many ways. I have yet to really experiment with weapon switching though.

>selling something to people who never played it before
What's your problem with introducing the franchise to new fans?

Who cares. Dmc5 never

>I have yet to really experiment with weapon switching though
Well there's your problem!

I suspected as much.
I'm not really very good at these games so I just focused on getting Rebellion moves down reliably.
Any recommendations for a good secondary weapon?

>PT:9

What the fuck are you doing in these threads now?

We're talking about vidya.

See Also, Leviathan is the worst level in the game, so you're past the worst part of it.

>tfw I have Onimusha 3 and that crappy DMC3 port on Steam
I really hope Capcom brings back Onimusha someday. Dawn of Dreams wasn’t supposed to kill the series, just itself.

The Beowulf gauntlets are really good but you don't get it until after the second Vergil fight. It, the twin swords, and Cerberus are all good picks. I personally love the Nevan but it's awkward to use without a lot of practice. You should also use firearms in your combos; pistol/shotgun is always a solid choice since you can switch between quick shots while you move, and the shotgun for knockback.
Experimentation with combat is key to enjoying it. There's like a certain level of skill where once you reach it you enter this state of action nirvana and chain attacks together like a madman.

>There's like a certain level of skill where once you reach it you enter this state of action nirvana and chain attacks together like a madman.
Bayo 2 made me feel like that

the only game where it was intuitive for me to chain moves like you describe was MGR and that has kind of been my skill level ever since.
but just talking about it makes me wanna jump out of the office window, run home and fire up DMC3.

I really wish it had a practice mode that shows inputs, just like Bayo 1. Messing around with that was sometimes more fun than the game itself.