Is it worth 10$?

Is it worth 10$?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ThMBbBFS41w&t=616s
youtube.com/watch?v=D8ShsHeYkeI
youtu.be/gLQDNwejRcM?t=50
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Soul of Darkeater Midir
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah. It has a LOT of content, and I think it has the coolest weapons (in terms of moveset) in the series. It just feels awkward because of how floaty and janky the game feels at first. And because this game's idea of hard is just throwing you into every gank possible, but SOTFS mitigated that a bit, and the DLC is fucking great.

Definitely. It's much maligned, but it's better than III

Where can you get it for 10 bux?

>but it's better than III

Brace yo'self nigguh

not him but I definitely think it is

Why? Hes right you know.

It's a lot better than 3, though. Mainly because it stands or falls on its own, rather than using DS1 like a crutch to prop it up.

Its worth 40

Souls games are better than everything else out there. Even the weakest one.

On a side not I replay scholar the most because I like Drangleic a lot, even if the bossfights are not as good as 3.

Yeah. I like to think of it a Dark Souls: Arcade edition. The games inconsistent as fuck but you get the whole "make a character and see if it can win the game" experience and for a tenner. It's fine

i don't know about now but it was $10 a couple days ago on gamersgate

>that YEAR when people cried about the world of DaS2 not being consistent, then DaS3 came out, and NOTHING connected together

WHERE IS IT 10 DOLLARODOOS REEEEEEEEE?!?!?!

Oh yeah for sure
It's my least favorite Souls game, with very huge issues, but it's still an alright game

About that price on Fanatical including the 8% lunar voucher. Give or take.

Just started playing bloodborne, and this shit is all over the place after Vicar Amelia. It feels like every fucking area just opened up.

thx m8

g2a.com/dark-souls-ii-scholar-of-the-first-sin-steam-key-global-i10000005638007

okay, 11.79, but still.

It is though

Did they somehow make the original game less difficult when they released SoTFS? I reinstalled 2 a while back and was blasting through it with 0 deaths to most of the bosses. I remember getting my ass kicked when the game was still fairly new.

How to fix DS2
>remove ADP, make 110 agi the default roll window
>remove Soul Memory
>lower the huge amount of gank squads and HA GOTCHA enemies hidden around corners
>enemies have sane amounts of stamina and player tracking

>I don't like games unless they make me invincible
Git Gud, and stop rolling

Yeah. It's the worst in the series and has plenty of frustrating shit that will have you rolling your eyes, but it's still a solid game worth 10 bucks and however much time you put into it.

Also DS3 is currently 10 dollars with the first DLC and a bunch of other games in the humble bundle weekly for anyone who wants to pick it up.

>Yeah. It's the worst in the series
>goes on to shill DS3

nope.

t. poison arrow mob leasher

I liked it better in DS1 when you had to make a choice between good armor or good rolls. In DS2 you get the same amount of I-frames as fast roll in DS1 no matter what your encumbrance is.

Why do people complain about iframes tied to a stat in das2? I don't understand why that's bad.

In DS1, armour meant something, though. 2 and 3 fucked it completely, and couldn't be bothered to fix it because the fanbase was eating shit by that point.

Because they can't instantly be invincible whenever they want, and roll around like an idiot everywhere

It removes a core game mechanic by gating it away behind a soul tax and doesn't make it clear to the player, and removes the importance of picking the right equipment.

Yes us DS2 players are so above them. We instead put 30 points in adaptability upon starting a new game and roll around like idiots in heavy armor at the same aptitude as someone with no armor.

In DS3 you eat like 40% bonus damage if you go butt naked

Reminds me of the first time I was introduced to DS1
>friend of mine says I need to play this awesome game
>says that the lore and atmosphere of a dying medieval world is amazingly immersive
>immediately strips his character naked and rolls around everywhere with a greatsword

Because the default value is complete dogshit that leads to players rubber banding back into enemy attacks since the mechanic is so poorly implemented.

How can so many people be wrong at once?

Armor works fine in DaS2 until level 300ish so I don't know what you're talking about.

armour means literally nothing in DS3
youtube.com/watch?v=ThMBbBFS41w&t=616s

Tbh Dark Souls should be more like MHW

He tells the truth though.

>I'm not wrong!
>all these other people are wrong!
k

Agree for everything except maybe ADP, I like balancing it with ATT and it plays into build diversity.
Ganks squads aren't as bad as everyone say they are also, but I can see where you're coming from with the idea of reducing them.

1. You get more souls in DaS2 than in any other Souls game, but a fuck ton so your "Souls Tax" doesn't matter.

2. You don't even need ADP to dodge effectively.

3. It doesn't affect how you pick your equipment at all.

I think at some point From soft saw people talking about that moment in Tomb where the skeleton kicks you into the abyss from around the corner and said to themselves "peopled liked that moment so much, let's make more of them!" without realizing that if you make a rare moment so common place people just expect it all the time and it becomes annoying instead of special.

>having to level a skill for it to be good
>in an RPG
how could they do this to us?

Yeah, you are wrong. You have shit tastes. Get the fuck over it.

Yeah they should make it so you should need to level up your accuracy stat in order for your attacks to do damage when you hit them with your sword too.

Fromsoft just realised that their fanbase was made up of faggots who would defend anything by blaming the player. It's why everything turned to shit after DS1, and things like interconnected levels and decent lore fell by the wayside for more "hardcore" mechanics and PvP bullshit.

>removes the importance of picking the right equipment.

Not in the slightest. DaS2 has the best armor selection pool and the armor in DaS2 had the most noticeable defensive effects.

>Dark Souls 3 has the best combat, level design, and bosses in the entire series.
>Everything finally feels smooth as fuck to play and it's all super sexy because they perfected their craft. Third game is literally a love letter to King's Field, Demon's Souls, and the previous two Dark Souls games.
>People still find a way to finagle and hipster their way into liking Dark Souls 2 more.

I'll never get it.

They could, sure. The only problem is that shitters like you would cry about it

It's definitely no worse than 3

Atleast DaS2 is fun. DaS3 just feels like a chore.

>>Dark Souls 3 has the best combat, level design, and bosses in the entire series.

Opinion discarded.

Some say he's still swinging to this day, never relenting or leaving an opening.

In other words you pick the best armor without having to worry about weight since you can just fatroll with full iframes since weight only reduces the distance you roll.

What game did you start the series on? And did you play BB before picking up the Souls Series?

>Dark Souls 3 has the best combat, level design, and bosses in the entire series.

It has the combat of bloodborne and the level design and bosses of DS1. Would you praise an art thief for painting the art he stole?

>Everything finally feels

Muh feels, muh love letter, muh subjective prosaic verse

>People still find a way to finagle and hipster their way into liking Dark Souls 2 more.

As another user said, I respect a game that stands and stumbles on its own, rather than one that looks stable on the shoulders of its predecessors.

>you pick the best armor without having to worry about weight since you can just fatroll with full iframes

Sounds like someone who never played the game extensively. Armor weight impacted your ability to dodge immensely. You can't just pick the best armor and roll your way out of everything unless you're like SL 500

DS3 perfects the Souls formula. Doesn't matter where it got anything from, what matters is that it pieces it all together into a package that is far superior to the games that came before it.

>DaS3 just feels like a chore.
this. It imbalances itself at Central Irithyll, and becomes a massive slog for the rest of the game. It has the most "gotcha" moments, sometimes whole fucking gotcha AREAS, like the consumed king's garden. It's all so mealy-mouthed and petty and there to fuck the player, because "lel dark souls le so hard maymay shadilay praise the sun praise kek"

We wanted dark souls 3, not a bloodborne dark souls mod.

>DS3 perfects the Bloodborne formula.
FTFY

I'm sorry I don't understand. Are you saying that your equip load matters for the iframes in your roll or that the distance you roll is more important than I implied?

What is there to get? DS2 is fun, has ton of replayability, has diverse levels, has build variaty. Bassicly its better in many ways to DS3, the only thing that DS3 has is the bosses. BUT hey if you enjoy spamming R1 and rolling like a clown even though you are wearing armor. Then by all means. Enjoy DS3 over DS2.

>or that the distance you roll is more important than I implied

That. It does't matter if you have the same iframes because if you roll a grand total of half a foot, you will get hit no matter what. I've pvped in this game for like 2000 hours, fat rolling in this one is just as bad as in #1.if not worse.

>DS3 perfects the Souls formula

It's the worst one of the series. You sound like you played BB then picked up DaS3.

>>Dark Souls 3 has the best combat, level design, and bosses in the entire series.

>start DS3
>can roll NINE (9) [IX] TIMES in a row

>Second half of Dark Souls 1
>Entirety of Dark Souls 2

Wow, that was difficult. Did you forget about those?

My first game was actually Dark Souls 1. I like it, but I admit that Demon's Souls, DaS3, and BB are all better than it.

>It has the combat of bloodborne and the level design and bosses of DS1.
That's false. Bloodborne has its own style and Dark Souls maintained its own style. Just because the pace was picked up a bit does not mean that the game is now Bloodborne.

>Muh feels, muh love letter, muh subjective prosaic verse
I mean it. It feels really good to play. The movement is the best in the series.

>rather than one that looks stable on the shoulders of its predecessors.
It's the final game of the series. It did a mix of its own thing and some stuff the other games did. I find this argument the weirdest because, well, what did you expect? Every game had a shitty poisonous area.

I also wish people would stop getting so upset about the speed and the pace of the combat in DaS3. A lot of people in the past brought up the "slow and methodical" argument regarding DaS1 and 2, but it's funny to hear that when these games are literally two fucking buttons.

You attack and you roll. And sometimes the boss throws a Blazblue combo at you. Wow, real fuckin' analytical and precise.

Demon Souls is elementary school friends. They seem awesome at the time, but you don't remember much about them now, and everyone's moved on.

Dark Souls is high school friends. You still remember them as great, and always will, even though you haven't seen each other in years.

Dark Souls 2 is university friends. They'll want to do crazy shit you've never done before, and might not like but it's a new experience anyway.

Dark Souls 3 is meeting up with high school friends in adulthood. They look different, but they're loaded down with nostalgia, but they don't want to do anything new, just talk about old times, and pick over the good things you remember.

Literally just another souls game with shitty, downgraded last minute, graphics so the atmosphere is lost

Playing through it right now. It is not fucking better than 3. Jesus Christ you morons.

>want to play DaS3 again
>remember Cathedral of the Deep, Farron Keep, Irithyll Dungeon, Smouldering Lake, Curse-rotted Greatwood, Yhorm, Aldritch, Ancient Wyvern, and Demon Prince

I bought it for $12 and enjoyed it. The boss and miniboss fights are great fun, even if the rest of the game has pretty meh and artificial difficulty design.

I played all 3. 3 is by far the best, in terms of combat, atmosphere, music and boss fights. I can hardly remember the boss fights in 2, they were all so forgettable.

>I also wish people would stop getting so upset about-

maybe that's because you're a fanboy? The good things you mention about the game you defend? Facts. The problems other people bring up? That's just them getting upset and offended, god, I wish they'd stop!

>I don't know what atmosphere means.

>A lot of people in the past brought up the "slow and methodical" argument regarding DaS1 and 2
i.e circle strafe and backstab everything in the game because they all move so fucking slow

ok kid

>has to boil the souls games down to two buttons in order to defend his piece of shit game

Not impressed by this, m8. And if you can't see the obvious cues that DS3 takes from BB,there's no point arguing with you

You know how I can tell you're underaged?

>Dark Souls 3

>shortest game of the series even with DLC included.
>suffers from the same criticisms of das2 (too many bonfires too close together, lack of interworld connectivity, etc)
>smallest armor pool
>no fashion souls
>smallest weapon pool
>1 fun covenant
>removed powerstancing
>added anime "weapon art"
>removed poise
>hyper armor
>recycled areas
>recycled bosses
>piss poor attempt at fanservice, such as the final "boss"
>50% of the game is swamps
>most linear
>no combat depth, it's literally ROLLROLLROLLROLL
>defacto DWGR roll speed
>DLC was short as fuck and not worth the money

b-b-but atleast it looks pretty!

>>no fashion souls
I've been going around with an old bearded character wearing the drang armor and chainmail coif, looks like a cool old king

It's easy to strafe and stab mobs even in 3 despite the increased speed. The only thing that makes it somewhat harder is that mobs like to do 180 degree anti-backstab moves if you simply walk behind them, but if you time your movement to their animations you can still stab almost everything to death with no problems.
2 tried to counter this by making enemy turnrates go crazy, and it looked like shit when their legs don't even animate while they spin target locked at you when you run around them in circles. Altho atleast they have some downtime after their attacks, so just timing it again makes backstabbing the world easy peasy.

Armor does fuck all for damage reduction in 2. You might as well be naked for the whole game.

>no combat depth, it's literally ROLLROLLROLLROLL
This is the worst for me. They utterly catered to the kiddie Bloodborne crowd. It's for people who have no patience and just follow this shitty run and gun style which is the only viable thing in both Bloodborne and DS3.

RIP, armored tank with heavy weapon and shield.

Only a retard would think this.

I just started playing 3 and I noticed as well. Do rolls have way morei-frames than other titles? It's so ridiculous when you see the enemy totally hitting you mid roll but you just get pushed around a bit by the weapon.

It's true though. Fromsoft literally couldn't even work out armour in those games, but didn't have to bother because the fanbase didn't care.

Armour is basically useless in 2 and 3

Thi basically. for 10 it's a steal. Fun game if you like PVP it's even better.

Also Majula is the best hub inthe Dark Souls universe.

it's not worth the amount of time it takes to play it. If you must have it use a guide and just smash through it as fast as your are able.

>mfw 140 hrs in DS2
>havent even played DS1

oh well, I'll probably buy the remaster

It's better than 3.
I'd rather a unique game than a good game.

Dark 2 is a very bad game.
But honestly $10 is a decent price.

best hub area theme

Nobody dislikes bloodborne, though. It's not even being discussed, here. DS2 is better than DS3, simple as that. Because if I wanted to play bloodborne, i'd fucking play bloodborne, not its diluted Dark Souls themed modpack.

youtu.be/gLQDNwejRcM?t=50

>Nobody dislikes bloodborne, though
It's almost universally reviled by everyone who doesn't own a PS4.

what part of your faggoty screenshot proves that DaS2 is a bad game?

I loved DaS2 in many ways more than DaS1 as soon as it came out and I was playing on PC.

I haven't played the non-SOTFS version but it's still gank central. Especially Heide's tower of flame. Fuck those knights. Fuck them so hard.

No, it isn't.

>dual wielding dragon teeth
>worth paying attention to

what did you even mean by this?

Dark Souls
Pros:
>basically took what Demon's did and polished it to a perfect shine
>a lot of variety, many different builds and gimmick builds
>large, interconnected world
>in depth, fascinating lore
Cons:
>later half of the game was rushed
>Lost Izalith is one of the worst areas in video games
>a good handful of bosses that fall flat, some of which are brokenly designed, such as Discharge

Dark Souls 2:
Pros:
>even more variety than Dark Souls
>large amount of DLC content (thought there's still debate that it was originally going to be release content)
>lots of small tweaks to UI and item storage, stackable soul popping etc.
Cons:
>falls flat in pretty much every area
>the gameplay is marred by the bizarre decision to put dead zones into the movement
>many enemies are badly designed, having broken hitboxes that only work after investing into a stat
>much of the writing is embarrassingly bad, seemingly trying hard and failing to imitate the mystery of the first game
>the game world is disjointed, many areas being bland and badly designed, some areas actually overlap
>overall it feels like a lazy attempt to ride the coattails of Dark Souls, although it's largely to do with the development problems

>It's almost universally reviled by everyone who doesn't own a PS4.

the fuck? This isn't true

I've put 400h in it. It's definitely the best game in the souls franchise and has the highest replayability due to weapon balancing.

>falls flat in pretty much every area
not a real con because you have no actual point

>dead zones
fixed

>broken hitboxes that only work after investing into a stat
untrue and hitboxes that are larger than the attacks is a thing in every single souls game.
>writing
lol
>game world is disjointed
there is a lore explanation given (you're rotting away)
>lazy attemtp to ride the coattails of Dark Souls
Dark Souls itsself was an attempt to ride the surprise success of Demon's Souls

This is a genuine question, I am not baiting, trolling or in any way trying to fuck with you.
Have either of you EVER been on Cred Forums before? If it's not for MY CONSOLE it's the worst game ever made. Even more so when it's a sequel or successor.
Bayonetta 2, Bloodborne, amongst the most salt producing games in existence.

Could anyone actually tell me something they like about Dark 2?
It looks like ass, feels like shit to play, all the areas are bland and boring, there are about 5 good bosses, all enemy encounters are either completely broken, bullshit or mind numbing strafing around a room of 10 copy-pasted enemies.
I can't think of one thing it does well that previous games or later games didn't also do, or do better.

Everyone who complains about adp is just a shitter. I've never put a single point in it. Just learn how to properly time your rolls. DS3 shitters are just salty that they can't spam roll.

the best thing about dark souls 2 is the heide knight set
best set they ever made

Why are you pretending that the rules of console wars threads are applicable everywhere on Cred Forums?

fatroll also reduces your stamina regen
have fun rolling 12 cm, taking 12 minutes to recover and attacking once every blue moon

>407302151
fucking retards i swear to god
not giving out free (You)'s to the likes of you

DS3 is like poor mans Bloodborne
DS2 had a ton of fresh ideas and didn't just copy the previous games

Dark 2 is bad because half way through development the execs cancelled it, then re-started development and they had to make the game over again from almost scratch. It was trying too hard to copy DS1 and failing, like a jealous younger brother, all the marketing was embarassing (lol prepare 2 die!) and even in game there was too much of that shit. "you'll lose your souls again and again hehe! welcome to dark souls!" Not to mention all the blatant retcons/fuckups. Dragon souls being the most egregious and fucking retarded.
They tried, I'm sure, but the game we got is an embarrassment and an insult, really. Even weeks before release we were seeing fake, bullshit screenshots showing us a game they never intended to sell to us.
Say what you want about Dark 3, it was at least finished and polished and is pleasant to play. B-Team, not even once.

Though regardless of how you feel about Souls it doesn't matter because Bloodborne is better than all of them.

no you have shit taste bitch

>dragon souls
>not in 3
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Soul of Darkeater Midir

here's what I like compared to ds1
>powerstance
>reworked more interesting Estus mechanics
>Soul Memory did it's dirty job
>lots of fashion
>huge weapon choice and viability, some weapons are really fun and bizzarre like puzzling stone sword, bone fist, whips, santiers, etc.
>good pvp
>"hot areas" feature for online at bonfires to go with SM
>loads of content
>respec item if you feel bored with your current build (and boy does that happen to me a lot)
>introduction of hexes and more new spells for each type of magic, makes magic a lot more fun than just point and shoot
>trading for boss soul weapons is easier and more accessible
>all stats do something useful unlike Resistance in ds1
Probably a few more I can't think of.
I haven't played ds3 yet but I'm hopeful it will be fun.

its a meme, they pretent to be retarded for the (You)s

>b-but 3 did it too!
Dark 2 made the fuckup, 3 just followed.

Why follow, if it's such a rudimentary mistake? Were the makers of 3 retarded?

If you like Dark 2 you'll hate 3. It's like the polar opposite.
Dark 2: Quantity > Quality
Dark 3: Quality > Quantity
3 is short and somewhat lacking, but it has some of the best areas and bosses in the franchise.

Probably just accepted it as a retcon. For some reason.
I dunno, Dark 2 broke the Dark Souls lore bad enough that anything 3 did really didn't matter at all.

Dragon souls? None of the Dragons in DaS2 have dragon souls, because there is no such thing. The Ancient Dragon carries a Giant Soul, but that's it. Guardian Dragon maybe? But then, Aldia's dragons are just artificial ones anyways.

It's incredible how much someone can talk out their own ass on Cred Forums when it comes to their particular like or dislike of a souls game.

literally get a trophy for dying once

This. A million times this.

bloodborne really isnt that good and shouldnt be considered in the same vein as souls games, its a watered down souls game with no build variety, around 10 useable weapons, pointless guns, the same edgy aesthetic in every area and artifical difficulty through then roof.

you play it once, dont really enjoy yourself then move on for good

I agree but I still love Demon's Souls more than the others, even 2.

You know you're dealing with a complete idiot when they think Gothic = Edgy

Tell me HOW DaS 2 broke the lore.

ummmm.... sweetie

Sinh also has his own soul. And he's a dragon.

Is pretending to care about Dark Souls' nonexistent """"""lore"""""" the ultimate meme?

He's probably bitching about the NG+ paledrake soul. That always becomes super important when people want to cry about DS2

Why is that a problem? Just use a Bonfire Ascetic for fuck's sake.

What's sad is I actually kinda liked dark souls 2, the bosses and mechanics change were really the shittiest part about it.

Dark souls 3 graphics, Dark souls mechanics and Darks souls 2 story, maps and DLC would have been great.

Instead we get soul memory and HP sponge armored dudes as bosses in Ds2 and ROLLROLOLROLLROLOLROLRORLRO bullshit and zero poise in dark souls 3

Dark souls 1 = best mechanics and bosses
Dark souls 2 = best world design
Dark souls 3 = best graphics (barely)

something something seath didn't have his own soul and DS2 says he does

isent it ng++
not that it matter because of the bonfire ascetic and ng+ cycles being way easier in 2

But Gwyn gave a shard of his own soul to him, right?

Yep. So he kind of did have a soul. But "WHERE ARE THE FOUR KINGS SOULS THEN WAHHHHH"

I hate bloodborne for one reason, it fucking ruined Dark Soul 3 and you know it.

From is a bunch of lazy faggots, all they ever do is copy paste shit, and copy pasting shit from BB is exactly what butchered Dark Souls 3.

If you like BB fine, great, good for you, but keep your fucking BB bullshit in BB, don't start spreading that trash into already established franchises and then saying "lol git gud" because people don't like it.
How about BB fans just ask for a BB2 and fuck the fuck off and leave Dark Souls and its fans alone?

>implying that after a few thousand years and who knows how many cycles of Light and Dark you can pinpoint that shit

I mean, the BotC was already pretty lucky with the remains of the other three great souls being situated relatively close to each other

>>want to play DaS3 again
>>remember dope ass levels and bosses
Smouldering Lake is probably the only bad thing on your shitty list and that's only because it's short as fuck. Otherwise it's an aesthetically pleasing area with a cool enemy that should have just been the area boss desu.

Metallic Ornstein in Heide's Tower of Flame.

Bloodborne was shitposted out of /dsg/ by retarded mustard rice fanboys. is entirely right. Fucking retard PC only faggots developed stockholm syndrome for DaS2.

If you want to discuss BB then what in the hell made you think it was appropriate to discuss it in /dsg/?

Do you see me shitting up halo threads with destiny shitposting? No because despite the fact that it is made by the same developer, it is not the same fucking series.

Go make a your own general, faggot.

>plays like dark souls
>looks like dark souls
>sounds like dark souls
>smells like dark souls
>hurr it's called something else therefore it's completely different

It is/does literally none of those things, if it was no one would buy a PS4 just to play it because they could just play dark souls .

kill yourself.

>the First Flame is fading
>time and reality is falling apart on a basic level

Oh no, a copycat of a boss from the first game with different colors is here? T-this is destroying all the lore!

>WHERE ARE THE FOUR KINGS SOULS THEN WAHHHHH
They literally drop 4 humanities aside from their lord soul fragment. A neat little detail when you consider they patched it in along with the homeward bones you get after bosses.

>even the lore in 2 say it's a pale imitation of 1 and they're compelled to this infinite development cycle.

>same hud
>same control scheme
>same mechanics
>hurr similar = same game
Why buy Dark Souls when you can just play Demon's Souls.

>Not the same plot at all
>Not the same gameplay
>Not even the same atmospheric setting
>You use the left stick to move and the right stick to look! Same mechanics!!!!

So I guess Call of Duty is exactly the same thing as Halo now then.

You're a fucking tool, no wonder you got shitposted out of the general, I wouldn't want to have to deal with a moron all day either.

Go make a Bloodborn general faggot, see how many people care. Either do that or fuck off, your game can either stand on its own or die, stop trying to ride everyone's coat tails you pathetic shitstain.

>pointless guns

Somebody never played the game.

user, you gotta tone it down to make your shitposting less obvious.

It's the same fucking gameplay sped up with some revisions to fit the new speed. Stop comparing apples to fucking cars. Meanwhile, Bloodborne still manages to support its own general while /dsg/ is a shadow of its former self despite having FOUR games. Same type of fucking retard pointlessly splitting up the generals.

>Bloodborne still manages to support its own general while /dsg/ is a shadow of its former self despite having FOUR games
Is that so?
Then you should have no problem fucking off back to your own general then nigger.

Dark Souls IS NOT the same as Bloodborn, Dark Fantasy IS NOT the same thing as Grimdark Gothic you uncultered sack of shit.
Fuck off.

You are autistic

Not an argument.

Stay out.

>different theme = different series
Better make different generals for New Vegas and Fallout 4.

>Fallout 3
>Post-nuclear wasteland
>Fallout NV
>Post-nuclear wasteland
>Skyrim
>Fantasy land with mammoths and dragons

They should all be in the same general guys! They are basically the same game!
There is practically NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER!!!

>comparing well established series to one off spin offs

Uhmmm deserts and plains are NOT the same thing

I'm not going to debate with you if your just going to split hairs until you feel like you've won

You won't see reason because your a faggot, so enjoy being ignored like one.

>he calls his autistic screeching a "debate"

He's not wrong though. DS1 was an unfinished mess that still managed to be good in spite of its flaws, DS2 went off the rails and DS3 was the culmination and refining of all the good bits of DS.

>victorian wolf game with guns
>high middle ages with demons and no guns

>mountainous, barren desert
>plains and urban cityscapes

In all the DS3 footage I've seen, the world looks completely lifeless and flat, like everything's put through a filter. Bloodborne has a similar issue, but at least that varies per level and there's still excellent designs scattered throughout. I still haven't played 3, granted, but the boring aesthetic is really off-putting considering how magical the original DS is.

Is it just me or Souls veterans who started with DeS back in 08-09 appreciate DaS2 more?

Don't bother.
It's probably just OP trying to keep his thread alive by stirring up shit. Let this shit thread die. Sage.

undeath vs beasthood (madness is the inevitable affliction in both)
endurance/attrition vs all out offensive
I started with DeS (and king's field) and held off playing any of the other souls games until about 2 years ago. Hated 2 just hated everything from the aesthetic to the new gameplay mechanics, level design, pvp matching system, and the dialog. I've beat it twice. Not touching it again.

>Sage
*counter sages*
what now son?

All Souls fans who have been playing since Demon's knows that III is the worst

>DS1
>"dying medieval world"

woah...so this..is..what....amerimutts look like

>RIP, armored tank with heavy weapon and shield.

so rip easymode?

yeah they make polearms and greatswords require of modicum of skill compared to previous games where they are easymode and suddenly everyone loses their shit. Wines about r1 spam and rolling and range issues. Meanwhile spearfags are loving it because their comically under-powered weapon now has a place.

What ruined DS3 for me is the shittiness of boss weapons. Why the fuck cant you buff them anymore? That shit was so neat in DS2

I think DaS2 looks disgusting, but I'd rate it slightly higher than 3. They literally stuck DaS1 into a Bloodborne filter and called it a day.

Majula music.

why is there a bloodborne? which is better, bb or ds3

I was talking about PvP you dumb fucks. Heavy armor, slow weapon and or shield was fun to play. Methodical. You had to time everything well, otherwise those ninja-flipping enemies would kill you.

It was variety. That's been killed because of console kids and their ADHD and trigger fingers.

>That's been killed because of console kids and their ADHD and trigger fingers.

so this is what happens the second fromsoft decided to uplift the pcniggers with a quick port

He's right you know.

i agree tbqh, playing the game blind and my first instinct was to get the best armor and biggest shield i could find and timing my blocks out to maintain stamina during a boss fight

rollspam and i frames trivialize the game

It was rare even in one. Sure people would play heavy armor but not like a whole fat rolling set unless they were invading in non-pvp centered areas. In 2 it was more viable because of the massively nerfed back stabs and people not being able to just roll through you attacks but that was more than one mechanic enabling it. After the patch though they lost a lot of umpf. I think the single most damning thing that happened to souls pvp more than any in game mechanic change was metafags and how it just took complete hold of even causal pvp.

>DS1 had a choice between good rolls or armour
>Havel's Ring

>I think the single most damning thing that happened to souls pvp more than any in game mechanic change was metafags and how it just took complete hold of even causal pvp.
Absolutely. The first few weeks of DS2 were proof of that particular cancer. The way each patch changed balance, people were yelling out about the new meta, and all those morons instantly shifted to it. First Dark Magic, then Havelyn, then that offhand dagger with too many parry frames. It was the only thing you saw and ruined an otherwise enjoyable pvp environment, which is one thing DS1 struggled with.

I own the base game but never bought the DLC or Scholar of the First Son. Should I upgrade to SotFS or just buy all the DLC?

depends on the platform personally I'd reccomend the ps3 sotfs version it's just normal dark souls 2 with all dlc over the the ps4 version which is the one with rearranged enemies and items in the base game. I feel like they just tried to throw more bullshit at the players with that version I don't feel like the "improved" enemy layouts where anything more than just a "fuck you it's harder now" gimmick. I'd be fine if they did it in NG+ where it would make perfect sense and add a lot more replay value but as is I just didn't think it improved much aside from being able to rush and get the ember early for infusions (likely for pvp reasons)

Exactly this

DaS 2 and it's DLCs were all about four kings.

i hated sotfs less than the base game
enemy placement was far worse in the original, especially dragon shrine

he's not right

Ds3 is the worst in the series

dude just hates shields in general

He's right. Even more so if you starded with Demon's.

not him, but I'm curious.

The Ancient Dragon Soul you get by going into the Dragon Memories.