I'm bored out of my mind so far. I just got to the palace Vaan is supposed to sneak into

I'm bored out of my mind so far. I just got to the palace Vaan is supposed to sneak into

Convince me to keep playing this and not refund it

you haven't even hit early game kiddo

Don't know what to tell you, I find it to be a bretty comfy game, with great dungeons and music.

It's also the perfect game if you like to have Cred Forums on second screen or a stream maybe

Refund it and pirate it
The crack is out

No fuck off

>I'm 45 minutes into an RPG when does it get good???

Just go fucking play a shooter or something if you need instant gratification.

This game never gets good though

If you aren't into the idea of building your characters based on the class system and bending the game over your knee, or are super into the FFT lore, I can't really tell you anything to keep you motivated.

>MC is a faggot
>starts good but story falls apart halfway through
>easy as hell

It's kinda like the anti FF13
>Have to play as a strong woman
>First 20 hours suck but the other 40 hours are good
>Contender for most difficult

XIII is shit all the way through, getting to run around hunting for monsters in Gran Soren doesn't make it better.

Just go fucking play a shooter or something if you need instant gratification

12 is better 13 is shit

It has the best combat system in the series

>First 20 hours suck but the other 40 hours are good

fuck off faggot, XIII is pure shit all the way through

>auto-battle your way through everything
>best combat

>Cred Forums's favorite FF games are vi,vii, and xii
>which are also the easiest games in the series besides viii which is straight up broken
Really...makes me... think

>best combat
>press auto-battle
>press auto-battle
>paradigm shift into heal
>press auto-battle
>paradigm shift back into offense

auto battle does everything for you, even chooses elemetal weaknesses and sustainable debuffs.

at least in XIII, you won't have infinite gambits, so you, yes you the player, will have to know the weakness of the mobs/bosses

FF13 isn't even 20 hours long, nevermind 60

RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT Yes let's dance around auto attacking like a giant faggot

FFX-2 actually has the best battle system, but nice try

This is like playing Bayonetta getting stone trophies the entire game. You're ranked on each battle

>5 stars
>you get it for finishing fight quickly

THE DEPTH

PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA not ff 13 is shit

>vii and xii
proofs?

The real sad thing is that FF11 had an auto attack based combat system but it was actually fun, auto attacks allowed you to build up to other specials and combos with party members. In 12 they forgot to add everything outside of auto attacking to the point where only mages have something else to do in casting spells and melee job choices don't matter other than what weapon you want to watch animations of.

Whether it was laziness, ineptitude, or time/budget constraints they really fucked up the combat in 12, combine that with the job system being overall bland and the pseudo MMO classes requiring 4-5 person parties to work and you get stuck with just 3 and you've got a pretty boring game.

13 is still shit

>FFXIII gets good halfway through meme
>literally auto-battle the game
>Gran pulse is an oversized the Calm from X, with not much more to do
>game is 10 hours long without cutscenes

KYS FAGGOT, you're the problem with this fanbase

I mean it's a hell of a lot better than walking up to an enemy and fast forwarding the game 4x without doing anything else

When did I say anything about 13

kek, at least XII doesn't have a fucking POKEMON TRANSITION TO LE EBIN BATTLE STAGE
XIII took million steps back on innovation

LOL

It won't get any better. However you haven't gotten the actual battle system to unlock yet. You only get the Gambits after the palace is over, so you should play until then, then for about an hour with Gambits and then you can refund it with no remorse, because you won't find it fun.

That is the most petty complaint I've ever seen. Fact of the matter is XII is very easy and XIII is difficult (compared to the other games in the series at least). If you want to praise XII for arbitrary things that's fine, but you're objectively a casual

I hate 13 as much as anyone but you're not proving anything by throwing around "le ebin" and acting like transitions are objectively terrible.
All that does is prove you've never played many FF games.

13's main game is not very hard at all. I can only think of one boss that was challenging and it was that big wall-looking l'cie or whatever.

Calm down on the candy friend, I've never played 13 and my post was entirely related to FF11 and 12 with a focus on pointing out why the combat in 12 was shit.

there is nothing wrong with a transition to a separate battle screen

I'M BACK AND I'M BLACK AND I GOT ONE THING TO SAY.

13 IS SHIT

Neat...and?

The only ones that are harder are IX and maybe IV on the ds. Getting 5 stars and using shifts at least takes some effort compared to the rest of the series

>5 stars
>you get it for finishing fight quickly

THE DEPTH.

There we go, keep calming it down user, no more random shitposting outbursts while people try to discuss things.

In a way I'd have to prefer separate battle screens, when you allow for combat on the main map you have to design the entire game world differently to allow for enough room.

>MC is a faggot
He really isn't. In fact he over comes his grief faster than the actual main character, ashe, faster and actually becomes a rock she can latch on too. At most he acts like a kid at christmas but who wouldn't when riding a pirate air ship for the first time? Plus he bangs penelo.

FUCK HORSES!

I never liked Vaan, his presence adds literally nothing to the plot at all and you can tell that Basch was originally intended to be the main character

Basch has like 3 lines in the game. Ashe would be the protagonist if vaan wasn't there and vaan was created to, one, be an audience surrogate, two, have a way to connect the party to each other, and three, have someone who ashe can compare herself to because they both lost someone the same exact way.

Basch talks more than Vaan does because he's actually part of the plot, Ashe would be a good protagonist too though. Or maybe even Balthier, anything but vapid obnoxious bishie

>Dude what if we made literally half the cast be inconsequential to the story
>Dude what if we made multiple cutscenes where the main character has no idea what's going on and just stands in the background while people who matter speak
>Dude what if we made a character who's literally just a random girl off the street
>Dude what if we made a character with an interesting and nuanced backstory and then only let the player use him in one dungeon, at the end of which he dies
>Dude what if we made a villain who has zero emotional connection to the heroes and doesn't even meet them until the last ten minutes
>Dude what if we took an established setting with a million interesting species and then only included humans and bunny humans as playable characters
>Dude what if we gave the narrator a comical Apu accent
>Dude what if we made a complicated political plot and then ruined it by turning it into standard ancient god shenanigans halfway through
>Dude what if we made a plot where the heroes have almost no impact on what happens until 95% of the way through the story, and they spend their time tromping from one ancient temple to the next
>Dude what if I'm Captain Basch
>Dude what if we took everything 100% seriously and had zero levity outside of Balthier and Cid
>Dude what if we wrote all of the dialogue to sound like a Renaissance Fair
>Dude what if we we had no overworld and all travel was handled by a menu or floating teleport crystals
>Dude what if we made a battle system where you set everything up in advance so that you don't actually play the game
>Dude what if we made a level-up system where all of the characters become literally identical in function
>Dude what if we made summons useless except for opening doors
>Dude what if we put all of the interesting and unique content in sidequests
>Dude what if instead of having fun side games like the motorcycle chase and Triple Triad we had nothing
>Dude what if we had really shitty music

>bait
Not very good either.

Vaan is the steadfast anchor that keeps Ashe from going full Dynast-King and taking out her revenge on Archadia. Notice how she's a total bitch for the first part of the game and keeps seeing Rasler's ghost throughout almost the entire game, playing right into the Occuria's plans until right up to the end. Meanwhile Vaan stopped reeing Reks' ghost halfway through, showing he's let go of his grudge and can no longer be controlled. And Ashe notices this, Vaan is the reason she stops being an arrogant asshole and eventually casts aside her faith in Rasler's ghost and her vengeance to destroy the Sun-Cryst instead. Without Vaan there, she might've just become another Vayne.

actually those are all valid points

>Basch talks more than Vaan does because he's actually part of the plot
I just got done with the game. He contributes nearly nothing. The story is like 90% ashe. And maybe it was because I played in moon runes but he didn't seem obnoxious. Is he dressed like a fag? Probably, but so are all the other people of the world.

This is a giant shitpost but it's correct on every single point and it makes me sad.

>Borrow a few more things from FFXI and fix combat/jobs
>Get someone better to do the OST, throw a bone at Mitsuda maybe
>Carry on Ivalice by making XIV set in it and not be an outsourced trashheap

things could have been so different

why she got a thong on the outside of her shorts?

pirate fashion

I don't know. I'm pretty sure some npc designer has a thing for it because I think I remember thong over short pants in X and XIII too.

wtf is that npc real

this is the first FF where I literally couldn't tell you one iota about the plot despite playing it to completion.

Despite everything else. In an RPG this is a failure. I barely even remember who all the party members are

Maybe you should pay attention next time instead of skipping through every cutscene.

It's reddas' subordinate. The one that flies you around in the personal ship. Elza and Riki(on the left).

i'll play this over the following
13 series
16 when it's out because it will be shit
type zero
dissidia
Try harder square enix

Ashe faps are the best faps.

>liking XIII for being hardcore

who the fuck plays FF for the difficulty? they are all easy, even XIII
matter of fact is, XIII has no choice in the crystanium, has an oversized calm for it's 'good and open' part, story mode is one long tutorial with zero optional content

XIII is a mess, and you are mentally handicapped for liking it