Are there any good rpgs that have a battle system like paper mario?

are there any good rpgs that have a battle system like paper mario?

I already know you're using this as a "subtle" way to shill your game

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Grandia 2.

Mario and Luigi.

>He actually thinks those threads were the dev shilling and not just one really dedicated autist wanting to make people mad

It's way too easy to play Cred Forums these days. The shill paranoia will make anyone believe anything

Nope, but there ARE games out there with a better (improved) battle system than Paper Mario.

I unironically think Mario and Luigi has better combat than Paper Mario. Sure the combos are broken as shit, but doing them is so satisfying, especially when doing the harder variations of combos in Super Star Saga.
Blue Omen Operation doesn't look like its doing combo attacks like in M&L, which is kinda disappointing since the interactive attacks are kinda braindead easy to do and may as well be done without of the action prompts, but who knows they'll probably add harder prompts down the line.

I USED TO BE A RENEGADE

Kill yourself

Barkley,Shut up and Jam: Gaiden.

M&L SSS is fucking ace, but the later entries somehow just aren't as fun.

This has mechanics very similar to PM in battle when attacking/defending and your only allowed one ally at a time in battle. Although your ally is more of a full fledged second party member instead of a somewhat weaker partner with limitation like PM.

Imagine being this paranoid.

If you mean
"He knows about timed hits?!"
Then technically The Legend of Dragoon, and to a lesser extent, Lost Odyssey

If you mean relatively low health/damage numbers and stuff like partner swapping, then none that I can really think of..

I think it's partly due to being too over-the-top and bloated half the time. All of SSS combos are entirely focused on timing and the animations are concentrated within the borders of the screen, unlike how in Dream Team where you had to roll up the dream Luigis into a ball and stuff like that. I think the later entries treated the combos like a minigame rather than making them feel like Luigi and Mario have actual synergy and precisely coordinating the combos with timed inputs.

He's not wrong, not 5 minutes later they shilled it.

Anyway OP, super mario RPG is the grandaddy, it's great fun.

To a lesser extent, south park has timed hits, and while not timed hits in a very varied way, legend of the dragoon is great fun.

Kill yourself and delete your shit game.

Iunno BOO to me seems like the bulk of the combat is more focused on dodging and parrying than it is your own attacks. The mini game stuff for attacks just seems like it's to make casting spells and shit more interesting than selecting it from a menu and to add some element of potential failure.

This

What game is this so I can shit on it too

The steven universe game had a really interesting take on the Paper Mario Battle style where they merged it with a real time battle mechanic.

Why would you want to shit on a Paper Mario style indie game that manages to be even better than the originals?

Bug Fables will end up being completely just okay and not any controversy.

I remember a year or two ago I saw the creator of the game posting his process of it onto the "hows your game going?" threads here. He got like 3 replies every time I saw him and surprisingly didn't get too much attention from the webms he posted.
Seeing how his game has become a shitpost thing for the few people who enjoy ironically praising it to make people mad makes me feel bad for him.
Theres no way to tell if anyone is shitposting or genuine or ironically shitposting or what when it comes to this game, so its hard to really tell what Cred Forums's opinion on it is.

>tfw you're perfectly okay with okay games but since TOR Cred Forums has this innate desire that everything must crash and burn

>Come on mario, you faggot!
I don't know why I laughed.

Mario's a faggot
Look he's a faggot

Fucking shills go away with your shitty end-of-career project unity asset store game made of elsewhere.

Yeah BOO definitely is going for an evasive approach for its battle system, which I can appreciate because very rarely do RPGs ever focus on evasion. It's just that when you have two playable, I expect some interactivity between them in battle like in M&L.
I feel like if you're gonna go for an evasive oriented RPG game, you may as well make it a 1-party team that consists of nothing but the protagonist and nobody else to make attacks look more visually interesting and complex, but I guess having 2 party members do complicate who gets attacked.

Are there any RPG battle systems that involve having only ONE party member? I always thought that'd be an interesting thing to do.

The original Dragon Quest. But it doesn't do anything crazy obviously.

>with a better (improved) battle system than Paper Mario.
I haven't played it yet since I'm going to wait for it to release but how is it better?

>Are there any RPG battle systems that involve having only ONE party member? I always thought that'd be an interesting thing to do.
Lightning Returns has one. There's a segment where another girl joins you for a moment, but for the most part you're on your own.

Because it's newer, duh.

The last thread got autosaged by mods
The one before got 500+ posts
These are some of the most blatant falseflags I've seen on here in a while and it puzzles that people are still falling for it

>Shows up for every single one of these threads
>Yet claims this game isn't being shilled

It just works.

i actually played the game its not better or worse in my opinion just play the demo if your interested

Shilling, falseflagging, Wojackposting, it's all cancer. It's just an average Unity game that apes Paper Mario, no more, no less

That's about what I expected based on footage. At most it looked like attacks lacked that oomph but that's probably more animation & sound-based than gameplay-based.