...wow, seriously kicking myself for missing this game up until the remake...

...wow, seriously kicking myself for missing this game up until the remake. How am I supposed to enjoy normal video games after experiencing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qm98z5ne46s?t=17892
youtube.com/watch?v=MY8-b1q9sXk
rollingstone.com/glixel/news/soul-mates-the-last-guardian-director-and-dark-souls-creator-w454164
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not. The game looks way fucking better. I'd rather enjoy the prime experience from the get go than hipster points.

This is what happens when you make a focused game that doesn't distract itself with fucking checklist side quests and collectables. This is why modern open-world games are cancer. They're made for ADD kids.

When some one says games aren't art, show them this.

by not being gay you homo. nothing ever created will get close to tetris level of perfect

Just because it has god awful controllers doesn't mean it's art.

The remake is very aesthetic and impressive in places, but it doesn't measure up to the extremely deliberate, carefully controlled aesthetics of the original. You missed out, boi.

No. Double meanings in gameplay make it art.

Seems like a really fun game but I'm not buying a PS just to play it

List one single "double meaning".
The fact that you're so stupid that you don't even know any of the proper terms for that proves that you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

Original had way too much bloom, you kidding me? It was also running at awful framerates.

Grip is a metaphor for "holding on" to grief. In the gameplay, Wander experiments with the interplay between holding on and "letting go" when he can't risk/bear to hold on any longer. This culminates in the final sequence when you are pulled away from the altar into the whirlpool. You can hold on to the steps for as long as you like, but you can only move past suffering by letting go.

?

t. someone who doesn't even like team ico games

>You can hold on to the steps for as long as you like
im pretty sure you can only hold on for as long as the gauge lets you

Best post I've seen on Cred Forums in quite a while

play something that doesn't have the control scheme of a church.

Seriously, people like this repetitive as fuck artsy game with shit controls?

No wonder gaming is dead.

No you can hold on forever in the ending.

ps4 remake doesn't have retarded jap controls as far as i know

ok

You're right.

Who can I trust?

There is no stamina gauge in the ending.

Is it worth playing bros? According to gameplay vids it's better than the original but the atmosphere is lost

I think I just realized why I didn't care for The Last Guardian very much after loving Ico and SOTC. Ico is a subversion of the typical save the captured princess story because Yorda knew she couldn't escape and was only trying to repay Ico for his caring and companionship by making sure he got away. SOTC is similar, only this time it's about grief and letting go, even on the mechanical level.

Meanwhile, the TLG has nothing novel to say. It turns out you and the dog bird are supposed to be enemies, but you cooperate and form a bond. That's it. Nothing has a deeper meaning and the only lesson is about tolerance and understanding.

youtu.be/Qm98z5ne46s?t=17892

Fuck off.

I've finished both games yesterday for the first time. Are there people that like Ico more than SoTC? While SoTC and a great game, Ico is real fucking art in my opinion. Is The Last Guardian worth it?

The Last Guardian succeeds because the bond you form with Trico is genuine. Both the character and the player slowly begin to trust and depend on a bird dog that needs you as much as you need it to escape this place together. The interesting thing about it is how polarizing it is though. Seems like different people have had wildly different experiences with the same game.

I like Ico more and TLG was really annoying and boring but I didn't finish it.

Wow that wind effect is bad. makes me wanna play dat remake

TLG is great. Just don't be a sperg towards Trico. It's a beast not a toy.

TLG is great. It's got some camera issues but Trico is the most endearing AI in any game ever. The art is as good as previous Ueda games.

Like almost everything else, it's even worse in the remake.

>The art is as good as previous Ueda games.
This one's always been a mystery to me because TLG looks really really bad compared to the other Ueda games, from my point of view. It's so fucking blurry with REALLY low resolution textures, literally Ico has better texturing.

I did grow attached to Trico but at the same time I felt the companionship thing had already been done between Ico and Yorda, and to a lesser degree between Wander and Agro. I kept waiting for the game to offer me something else and it didn't.

Is this actually the second remake in vidya history that is actually good/better than the original?

>all these people complaining about controls
you could literally remap the controls in the original

The remake would be the perfect version if the human models didn't look like absolute shit.

Thanks for spreading misinformation about Wander's corruption not being present in the game, made the reveal that much welcome.
fuck the shitposters, seriously

Someone said they butchered the soundtrack, which just isn't the case.

Why doesn't wander tuck his bib into his belt?

How does it play compared to the original? Is it actually busted?

From my experience it's pretty much the same physics model, exploits and all. Managed to jump on the 3rd colossus' arm before breaking it by using momentum on his "sword" on my second try. Only exception is that wander doesn't look behind him when chased by a colossus but that's minor stuff it's up to you if you're bothered by it or not.

Pretty close. Same floaty jumping animations and all. Might have subtle differences to the physics but I can't be sure since it's been a while since I've played the original.

Managed to bug out the graphics by standing near the climbable grass on the temple. Feel free to use this for future shitposts.

>Managed to jump on the 3rd colossus' arm before breaking it by using momentum on his "sword" on my second try.
Yet literally every thread before the game came out said it wasn't possible anymore. Thanks for clearing up the shitposting. Was fucking insane for this game.

Well I did some digging and turns out there's actual video footage of it happening.
youtube.com/watch?v=MY8-b1q9sXk
around 18:50

The best part of TLG is trico overcoming his fear of stained glass eyes to save you. It invited you to see him as a thinking creature instead of a bunch of logical behaviors and game rules.

I beat the original a few years back and from what I've seen of the remake, I'd say it's a definite improvement.

Weird. I definitely remember holding on for a stupid long amount of time every time I've replayed the game. Maybe it lets you hold on even when the gauge has run out.

I didn't look closely so I fell for the misinformation but I see it in this image it's just way more subtle. I swear he started to grow horns gradually though.

(You), felt a little sad seeing you didnt get a SINGLE reply.

>get on top of colossus
>reach the vital point
>try to stab
>retarded beast shakes over and over leaving me stun locked repeatedly
>run out of stamina
>fall
>have to climb all the way up again only to probably fail doing no damage
how is this fun

Games are usually pretty fun when you're not complete shit at them

why do fans of games like these always defend poor and frustrating game design by calling players shit? just like soulsborne fags

>hes bad at Souls games too

Bought it Friday and am absolutely loving it. I'm taking my time though so I've only beaten 7 Colossi. I'll have to pick up TLG after I beat this.
Did they change the controls for the remake? I always heard people bitch about them but they're perfectly fine so far, riding Agro while fighting a Colossus is gonna be difficult though.

this. TLG was so mediocre, and it wasn't due to its development history. it was just a mediocre idea.

>Made in the State of Texas
Definitely worth the buy. I'm kicking myself for not buying the collector's edition. It was only 10 bucks more. I would have had a made in USA game on my shelf.

My favorite part about this remake is how they made the Shrine of Worship look beautiful. When I unlocked the comparison screenshot in the concept art section, the original one on PS2/3 pales in comparison to the remake version. Its so much more beautiful.

Why would you ever listen to Cred Forums anymore? Literally every new release is shitposted to high heavens. There are many posters who come to Cred Forums for the exclusive purpose of shitposting.

Your entire gametheory-tier post is retarded because you can't hold onto the steps as long as you like. You haven't even played the game, like most 2deep4u retards. Benoit yourself.

In the original SotC triangle is the jump button, I think the default in the remake is X?

Call me naive but I thought a classing like SotC would go unaffected. Turns out I was wrong.

Play Ico and Dark/Demon Souls. They're similar in aesthetic and are very focused, minimalist games. I haven't played the Last Guardian, but it may be worth checking out.

It's one of the few games I'd say it's actually worth it. The original was anyway

You have to stop gripping and recuperate your stamina.

It was way too much bloom and SotC ran with like 20fps

Just an interesting fact coming through: Ico was the game that inspired Hidetaka Miyazaki to make video games
rollingstone.com/glixel/news/soul-mates-the-last-guardian-director-and-dark-souls-creator-w454164
>Last month Glixel spoke with Dark Souls creator, Hidetaka Miyazaki, to discuss what inspired him to make his acclaimed dark fantasy RPGs. The first, and most important of these was the 2001 cult-favorite PlayStation action-adventure Ico