Maybe Metal Gear doesn't need Kojima after all

Maybe Metal Gear doesn't need Kojima after all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tHl31Ao6SwA
youtube.com/watch?v=n5U56Y9xce4
youtube.com/watch?v=5AoSmr6PijU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruen_transfer
youtube.com/watch?v=EPHeWXAlZDM
reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/7x3ypm/big_names_in_the_opening_credits_on_survive/
youtu.be/EPHeWXAlZDM
youtube.com/watch?v=1kbsV-TI_gI
youtube.com/watch?v=o0wNl66tT3Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy
youtube.com/watch?v=FE6RuZuvjMs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon_(mythology)
youtube.com/watch?v=8okzVnShqMw
instaud.io/1NH4
youtube.com/watch?v=IIWsOateZGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NVR2b2MAYsk
youtube.com/watch?v=UHlJ6rKB99Q
imgur.com/a/bxZef
pastebin.com/tzKMGPzy
youtube.com/watch?v=2GSzjOSTlnU
soundcloud.com/user-386988670/sets/mgv-beta-music-rip
i.imgur.com/UaXrF3P.png
youtube.com/watch?v=DNOlpZI7sLs
youtube.com/watch?v=aor0PJ2bb7g
youtu.be/n5U56Y9xce4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree. Beta is fun and all the kojima cucks are fucking stupid. If this had kojimas name on it they'd be sucking his shit right out of his ass

Portable Ops proved it doesn't
Caaaaaaalling to the niiiiiiiiiight

I enjoyed the beta. Is the game coming out tomorrow or wednesday? It's showing the 21st on steam.

writer for Survive seems to be Portable Ops dude.

This game wouldn't exist under Kojima

>bow and arrow BTFO's everything else in the beta

Enjoy your lootbox P2W garbage, plebs.

>tfw didn't summon Ray before the beta closed

>calling to the night
yeah ok now name one other redeeming thing about that game

Neither would MGR, which is a masterpiece

No shit, Kojima has wanted to pass the torch for well over a decade.

That's why he does stuff like making Snake old and tired in MGS4, because that's how he feels when making these games.

So we'll actually get a coherent story instead of Kojima shitting all over the series as usual?

p2w lootbox is nonexistant for this game.

He's the one who gave the almost aborted baby to Platinum instead of canning it so that game wouldn't exist without Kojima.

>non cannon
lol

Yeah.
Our superior officer is still alive and kicking and led some of the Charon Corps.
A really powerful boss attacked Charon Corps' FOB.
Some soldier was tasked to capture a wanderer and send it back home for Biological Warfare.
Goodluck seems to be a resident of Tite, and a Timetraveller.

Stop shilling your channel, britfaggot

Reminder that shills seethe with impotent rage at this video because it is right and they cannot refute it.

>noooooo STOP having FUN playing a VIDEOGAME!!

only for the boss fights against the creatures of masahiro ito this game is more interesting than any of the latest metal gear games

>semi-canon*
Kojima himself said the overall story did happen, but the specifics may be rewritten if a future game requires so
>PW explicitly mentions San Hieronymo
youtube.com/watch?v=5AoSmr6PijU

Jesus Christ this is literally Fortnite before they made it a Battle Royale

It really didnt. The arrow types were great but using the standard bow on Hard did nothing.

I ended up using firearms and two handed weapons way more than the bow

>Goodluck seems to be a resident of Tite, and a Timetraveller.
It's Dite. Most of the stuff in this game is in some way linked to Dante's Divine Comedy.

Now that I think about it, Goodluck is probably not unlike Hatch from Quantum Break.

Also, Goodluck works for a man named Gruen.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruen_transfer

This is a fucking million times more coherent than GIANT FUCKING FIRE WHALE LUST FOR REVENGE WHOOOOOOOO!?

this game is shit though

it sure as fuck doesn't need a zombie survival game with crafting and scavenging either

But Masahiro Ito made creatures for this game to fight.

So it turns out Kojima just took all the credit while only contributing stupid shit like le diarrhea poopoo soldier, hamburger memes, and forcing Quiet cutscenes where she rolls around on the ground in the rain like an autistic dog.

Every fucking thread, this faggot shills his video.

I don't understand how he's whining about a lack of custscenes when Metal Gear Survive opens with a 15 minute cutscene that is followed by 2 minutes of walking followed by even more cutscenes, and then a codec call followed by 2 minutes of walking, 3 minutes of stealth, and then another codec call. It's like these youtubers are playing the beta and assuming it's representative of the actual game and not just a test for Metal Gear Online 3.5

Just wait until the full game releases, and these ecelebs will be eating their shit.

pic rel, best game in series

>Konami shills this desperate
Enjoy your game flopping massively because you made utter fools of yourselves Konami dogs.

The only good thing about Portable Ops was Calling to the Night. Peace Walker took everything interesting about Portable Ops in terms of gameplay and made it actually work, with the only exception being bosses. PO's story was even dumber than PW too, somehow.

Woah! Calm down there Hideo! Do you need to play with more Legos?

>PO's story was even dumber than PW
Impossible. PW ended with a tiny naked girl piloting a giant robot while singing an anime song.

Elisa and Ursula, Gene and his idea for Army's Heaven, BB getting the financial backing to fund MSF, the cool-looking FOX sneaking suit, made thanks to reverse-engineering the Snake Eater one
Thank the PSP for that, the gameplay sucks. If you look at it as a MGS, though, it's not the best, but definitely good and worthy of the MGS title
>look at me I'm Fideo Kojima I don't want to make any more Metal Gear games but when another team does a good one I try to discredit it at any opportunity I have

Wasn't Portable OPs his son's favorite Metal Gear game or something? Poor Kojima.

>PW ended with a tiny naked girl piloting a giant robot while singing an anime song.
The only thing wrong with this was what ultimately happened to Pazu-chan

At the very least I think there's going to be a sudden and sharp turn in the tone of conversation. I'm not saying this game is going to sell fantastically, but expect remarkably positive reviews and a wave of "Wait? This is a full game? And it's some kind of bizarre mixture of Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid?" The marketing for this game has been shocking. The Kojima fanboys have been able to shape discussion because Konami have been deliberating hiding the plot, the setting, and all that by pushing the largely unrelated multiplayer to the forefront.

Do you think it's going to be easty to pirate it? I would buy the game because I enjoyed the bet a lot, but I can't because poorfag.

kinda agree with all of this. Konami has been bizarrely protective, to the point it might almost be detrimental for all the negativity floating around.

But yeah, after the beta my reservations about it being worth a discount price were assuaged, and yeah, I don't think it's going to really turn around sales or anything, but this may have a long tail as people slowly warm up to the idea and word of mouth gets around.

For a second I thought the picture was taken from a tv show. Is the game fun?

So is this entirely playable in co-op or what?

Who/what is the Lord of Dust? The trophy symbol is Virgil AT-9, but that's probably misdirection. Unless the AI is responsible and it's split personality is some kind of HAL-tier guilt manifestation.

We do know there's some kind of post-game scenario for the campaign, but nobody knows what it is or how it ties into the endings. There's a shitload we don't know about this game because Yota Tsutsumizaki hasn't put every single cutscene into the fucking trailers.

For the record, I think Kojima is a hack, and Konami are utter faggots.

I played the beta and did not enjoy it. Intensely boring castle-defence shit. Clunky button controls (character is responsive though, feels nice when you do what you want), boring enemy design, some odd design choices overall.

Not a bad game, just extremely mediocre.

Quantum Break? Yea, it's a great game if you like Remedy's stuff like Alan Wake. Beautiful looking game, if a bit washed out. And the time travel stuff is fantastic. The Steam port is good, too.

>story has you teaming up with a XOF soldier and a lost AI core to find out the mystery behind the wormhole technology that was never explained at all in MGSV

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah the marketing for this game is very barebones. And they've been shutting down the first hour gameplay videos like it was a plague.
But everything i've seen so far has potential for a really good experience. You'll be playing for quite a while too.
If someone can turn off the online mode and you're in emergency offline mode, sure. Singleplayer and Co-op's resources are all offline saved.

Never knew Pinhead served in the military. Good for him.

Lord of Dust seems to be a big creature (not metal gear sized, that's "The Giant") that has the ability to move anywhere with Wormholes. Its the one that destroyed Charon Corps' FOB Area.
In one of the Trophies, there's trophy called "Sacrifice" with Virgile AT-9 as its icon. I guess it sacrifices itself when you're fighting Sahelantropus? Or some big Metal Gear.

The co-op multiplayer is completely separate to the campaign. There's a lot to it that hasn't been clearly shown, including what looks like Fox Engine versions of Peace Walker areas that you do co-op missions in. There's probably multiple modes and that sorta thing but we won't know until tomorrow or the next day depending on when the day 1 patch goes live.

What we do know is the campaign is stealth focused, and there will be some kind of stealth focused game modes for MP.

he actually did that's his backstory. he found the puzzle box during world war 2. hellraiser 2 brings it up and in hellraiser 3 it's a major plot point.

Bitch, Ghost Babel proved it doesn't.

>Fox Engine versions of Peace Walker areas that you do co-op missions in

I wonder if GZ's Camp Omega will be in the main campaign. Fucking Kojima lied to us.

There's was a map dump of the BETA.
middle_africa, afghanistan, guantanamo, mother_base and 1 more i'm not sure.
Guantanamo could be Camp Omega? Maybe?

Guantanamo is Camp Omega

Are u sure

The same way Apple didn't need Steve Jobs to release ishit.

With western studios, famous directors downplay their involvement and often get upset when someone calls them the "creator" of a series. Also, studios don't really mind other companies taking "their" series in a slightly different direction. Bioware don't lose sleep over Obsidian making KOTOR II, for instance. Yet when it comes to Japanese studios, there's this mentality that the guy at the top is the irreplaceable creative genius who can do no wrong. That giving a series to another dev without the first dev's say so is "disrespectful" and junk.

>cites MGS3
>when MGS4 and MGSV are clear examples of Kojima not giving a fuck anymore and just wanted to burn the franchise so he could suck up to Hollywood types

>There's was a map dump of the BETA.
>Guantanamo
is it finally happening?!

Call the tripfag

>guantanamo
>mother_base
But are these going to be fully fledged and fully sized maps or will they be tiny shits like Ground Zeores?

They're coop maps If you played the beta, there you go. So like GZ.

not really, it's a spin off with literally zero lore involved, so they just focused on the gameplay, we will only be able when a main series game is made

I think mother_base is just a set piece.
I know for sure we'll be exploring two maps, afghanistan AND middle_africa.
guantanamo is also probably a set piece as well.

Actually, the baffling part is where people pretend that Konami isn't KojiPro. They pretend that Kojima's new studio is the "real" KojiPro despite a huge chunk of the Metal Gear (and Silent Hill) development team still working at the old studio under a different name.

>literally zero lore involved
youtube.com/watch?v=EPHeWXAlZDM

There was a sort of unspoken agreement in gaming a long time ago where - because games didn't have natural celebrities the way live action film does - efforts to "personalize" gaming was just something that would be concentrated on. It isn't exclusive to Japan. You see efforts for this crap happening in the West. You remember Jade's game, right? Why aren't you playing Jade's game. Dude, her game is sooo good.

But I think it simply caught on more in Japan. Not that westerns are immune to going over the top. Cult of personality like Kojima attracts a certain type of people.

It's a full fledged singleplayer Metal Gear title with cutscenes and characters and longwinded rants on philosophy and politics and emotional stakes and all that rubbish. There is plenty of lore. They're calling this a non-canon entry, but so was Portable Ops for a long time.

MGS3 was Kojimas last good Metal Gear game

There are early message board posts where people got buttmad over James Cameron making Aliens because he wasn't Ridley Scott. There are so many games and films where another lead designer and even a completely different team took the reigns and made a fantastic successor. But the cult of personality around people like Kojima blinds fans. They think that the designer IS the product. They ignore the collaborative nature of game design and the fact a team of nobodies could make a better Sonic game than the creators of Sonic. If Activision wanted to make a Metal Gear Solid game full of creepy sexual bullshit involving faux-underage girls and utterly nonsensical literary references, they could do that. They'd just have to tell their writers to forget how to write good stories.

>Zombies
>Bow&Arrow

Are there more red flags?

Does the game have proper boss fights?

Several, seemingly. But details are scarce.

This, Vermintide 2, and new Rainbow 6 coop mode. TOO MUCH COOP COLLECTATHON TACTICAL ACTION.

No shit. You know the rules:
>Without Fukushima, Metal Gear is shit.
100% factual at this point.

>literal base building

defend this

>tfw we won't get monster hunter crossover fights again

uh, it's fun?

I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my existence listening to this shit.

It's what Peace Walker and MGS V should have been. Those games had a base we just looked at. In Survive, you build a base that serves an actual purpose. It's a a true base, not just a vacant pointless shell.

Hoping for the singleplayer to be fun, cause the multiplayer was riddled with p2p issues

If I host a lobby on PC can I kick people? If lets say a hacker or an annoying fagmonster joins.

>locational damage
>air, hunger, thirst meters
>durability and weight limits

Too deep for Cred Forums, 0/10 guaranteed

>Vermintide 2
Hyped for this one, how is it collectaton? It's basically melee L4D with loot and classes.

whoa you mean actual basebuilding instead of just navigating through sets of menus? how will konami ever recover omg?

yes you can in the social tab

>PW and MGSV disappoint in base building
>have to wait till Kojimbo leaves to finally get the good shit

The problem is that a series created by a person is continued by someone else. People don't like it and production companies know that too. 99% of the time there is a sequel or whatever and none of the original team/creators were involved at all, it's trash (eg. The Crow City of Angels)
Only reason why Thomas Harris wrote Hannibal Rising is that if it's going to be some prequel trash, it better be from him and didn't want someone else to write it.

All this "kojimacucks" deflection is retarded.

location damage is just random numbers. you get hit from a zombie 2 meters away because hitboxes are retarded, and the game tells you your foot is damaged

>copious amounts of tedium you constantly have to worry about

>deep

sorry but no, it's just a set of meters you have to fill every once in a while, imo this game has the worst aspects of crafting/survival games

it's a shame because everything else seems pretty sweet

I'll grab the game on a resell site once it's out. I had fun with the beta but fuck giving Konami my money.

The fuck are you even on? Most of the KojiPro team left or were let go before MGSV was even released. That was part of the drama; Konami was getting rid of everyone and anyone they didn't outright get rid of they relegated to non-positions stuck doing nothing.
Just because a handful of coders are still there doesn't change the fact that all the creative talent and essential designers are gone.

>Kojima wouldn't have a zombie survival game in 2018 that dies within the first month
No shit, no one would if they knew the first thing about vidya. Konami is a gambling machine company

The James Bond series has been controlled by dozens of people at this point. And most of the films are excellent, or "good" at worst. The Star Wars movies were written/directed by several different people.

Look at videogames. Far Cry 1/2/3/4 were all created by different people. Most major TV shows have dozens of directors and writers who come and go over the years.

What part of Survive do you not get? Your soldiers need to eat.

Fallout New Vegas has similar mechanics and everyone treats that game like it's the second coming of Jesus.

will this be 20$?

No one uses the Survival mode in FNV.

>Just because a handful of coders are still there doesn't change the fact that all the creative talent and essential designers are gone.
Uh... They have a lot of senior MGS developers on this, including the producer who worked on every game including Policenauts. reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/7x3ypm/big_names_in_the_opening_credits_on_survive/

>That was part of the drama; Konami was getting rid of everyone and anyone they didn't outright get rid of they relegated to non-positions stuck doing nothing.

This strikes me as a myth akin to the idea that Rareware developers were "jumping ship" before and during the Microsoft buyout.

Kojima didn't do anything in MGSV but blow the budget on stupid shit. Stabbing Hayter in the back was the mask falling off.

Where it come from? leaks?
>farm animals
>npcs actually doing something
I'll buy it... maybe.

so realism is why it's fun?
only the turbo autistic obsididrones play FNV on survival mode, i tried it and it's terrible

40$ on steam, less on the reseller sites

Can you fuck the goats?

You recruit soldiers and send them on missions where they can potentially die just like in MGSV, but now you gotta go out and feed them via farming or hunting animals and cooking them.

>Survival mode in FNV
>If you complete the game in hardcore mode there'll be rewards *wink*
>switch it on
>annoying for most of the game
>get to the dam
>it's hell
>manage to complete the story
>get nothing

comfy

nigga ive barely seen ANYTHING about this game and i know there's lootbox bullshit so dont fuckin lie just accept it.

literally what TPP should have been

Imagine being an actual competent developer having to fill in the shoes of an highly overrated has-been with an army of drooling drones orbiting around what you have to work with.

I'm excited about this I can imagine my avatar moving around the camp meanwhile some npcs interact with the environment also I'll stalk the nurse.

KojiPro was dissolved. The employees were absorbed into Konami, and into a new team. The new Kojima Productions hired a number of former KojiPro developers, but a fair number still work at Konami. I mean, Konami managed to hire the Silent Hill monster guy for Survive. You really think they have problems hiring former Konami employees? The problems with Konami are serious but in Japan treating employees badly is seen as the norm. The outrage against Konami is very much a western thing.

The kind of stuff Konami pulled during MGS V's development was TOTALLY NORMAL for Japanese developer. It's crazy that people don't realise that. Every Japanese game you've loved likely had shit like this.

This single screenshot looks more engaging than the entirety of MGS5.

>defend this

>Most major TV shows have dozens of directors and writers who come and go over the years.
Yeah and most of them drop in quality at some point and only continue to get viewers because it was good a long time ago. That's my whole point.

Not even sure if there is some kind of proper continuity in the James Bond series, it doesn't matter they're action flicks.
Far Cry are created by different people and they have nothing to do with each other. The only reason why it's called "Far Cry" is because a franchise makes more money.
>Star Wars
lol

I fail to see how anything you said is good. Popular/american comic series go nowhere, (Hollywood) movies go nowhere
Sucking coorporate cock isn't getting us nowhere, it only causes stagnation. Like half of good videogames in recent years are remakes/re-releases

Why is this MGSV mod $40?

Metal Gear kept puttering along for years even though the actually talented writer left after MGS3.

i underrstand that but it still doesn't sound fun to me, having reasons to send out people that are tangible is nice, and superior to MGSV but the way the durability on items and resource bars ran down in the beta made for just too much tedium, Subnautica handles it pretty well in terms of pacing mostly, even that could be a little bit slower

i wish we could just have a game like this where things are fixed and you don't have to keep periodically doing the same thing just to keep afloat, i wish i could just make gear and be done with it, and have the game be balanced around that

i guess i just dont like survival games in general, though i did like state of decay, and minecraft until they ruined that with hunger back in what 2010?

With arrows

>The Star Wars movies were written/directed by several different people.
and everything after the original trilogy is shit
>Far Cry 1/2/3/4
everything after FC2 is shit
>Most major TV shows have dozens of directors and writers who come and go over the years.
most of those shows go to shit after the competent writers and directors leave
anyways I don't give a shit about Kojima seeing as how he hasn't made a good game in a long time but seeing all you retards blindly defend Konami as if the only thing they ever did wrong was fuck with Kojima is fucking stupid
haha who cares if they killed off Silent Hill, Suikoden, Castlevania and other beloved franchises in horrible ways, Reddit hates them too so wtf I love Konami now?

What makes it a "mod" instead of a proper game?

>and everything after the original trilogy is shit
The original trilogy was written and directed by multiple people.
>haha who cares if they killed off Silent Hill, Suikoden, Castlevania and other beloved franchises in horrible ways
They greenlit Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which is basically the best thing ever.

reused assets doesn't make it it's own game

Being 99% reused assets, for starters

I guess Majora's Mask is just a shitty mod then

NO; absolutely not

It is. Pretty neat imo

>The original trilogy was written and directed by multiple people.
That's kinda the point. It might have been different if the same people would've continued to work on it.
>They greenlit Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which is basically the best thing ever.

There is a long list of games that reused assets from other games. This was never considered a problem until now.

it is

Not him, but mainly reused assets and new ones that look worse, making a bizarre patchwork.

I have to admit though, the solo story stuff interests me. I'll never buy this full price but if there's a decent price drop one day and that the game has positive returns, I might play it.

If I was a competent director, I'd love to have Kojima's old team at my disposal. They seem talented enough, I imagine they'd be able to make some exceptionally good shit under the right management.

>This was never considered a problem until now.
says you

>They greenlit Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, which is basically the best thing ever.
This user speaks the truth. Although they had to trick Konami into letting them make it by pretending it was a Silent Hill remake and chopping out stuff like combat when Konami wasn't watching.

god i really hated shattered meme-ories.

Kojima is the Ridley Scott of videogames

far cry 2 was an enormous piece of shit of a game so it's clear your opinion on anything is retarded.

This game is considered GOAT by millions. It basically has zero original assets.

kojima really was the problem all along wasn't he

>They seem talented enough
If only you knew.

not that guy but it was also 100% different and [still good] so idk if that one counts buddy

Remember when expansion packs that were like 30% original assets were huge hits?

Ye or the J.K. Rowling

I'm glad enough information is available now that discussion can actually be had on Survive without instantly being blasted by people screaming shilll and muh kojima.

I mean that still happens but after ignoring them there's enough other people to hold a thread together.

>considered GOAT by millions
quite the exaggeration

MGSurvive is further away from MGS5 than CoP is from SoC.

Made one of the most iconic games at beginning of his career, then turned into a hack?

>expansion packs
yes they were named expansion packs so it's alright

Different how? There is basically nothing in Call of Pripyat that wasn't recycled content from Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky. Literally ever weapon, ever enemy was from those games. Even the "new" enemies were cut content that had been added back into the original game years earlier. All the major locations? Cut content from Shadow of Chernobyl.

this, might've even been the same dynamic where the success leaded to people no longer challenging his ideas like he needed them to in order to be great

Basically if you work with the same engine and you already got models textures or animations that works it a pretty dumb decision make everything from scratch again.
Obsidian did it with NV which shares even folder names with F3.

this is going to be the first game i buy since 2013.
unless i can pirate it, the online was pretty fun though. pirate Cred Forums server pls

The flaw in your logics is that I'm not arguing with you.

It unronically looks like it has more plot than Phantom Pain.

Played beta, which is a very small chunk of the game, defending my base felt much more interesting than anything else I've done in Phantom Pain.

Last good MGS game with good writing was MGS3, then Kojima turned into an awful hack, MGR was far better in pretty much every way compared to what Kojima did after MGS3.

MGS4 was a trainwreck of bad decisions, ruining the story, explaining what didn't have to be explained.

Peace Walker and Phantom Pain are both unecesarry additions which we didn't need to the story, his lack of original ideas for the story shines through, bringing The Boss back in the most retarded way possible, Huey is basically Otacon V2.
Phantom Pain is even more unncesary, not important in any singificant story way.
The only thing that was consistently improving were the gameplay mechanics, there is a reason why Phantom Pain is one of the best games in MGS when it comes to its gameplay but worst in its story telling, because well, take a guess in which area Kojima put his shitty hands into, he's responsible for the story. You could find millions of people who could turn Phantom Pain's story into far more interesting spectacle rather than the shit-fest we got. Which Kojima is responsible for. Fuck, Kojima probably ruined some aspects of the gameplay, it was his idea to turn game into open-world, which barely added anything to the overall experience. He is not responsible for making the amazing Fox Engine (Being the idea man doesn't count), he is not responsible for how smooth every single thing feels, he's responsible only for the shitty additions to the gameplay.

With Kojima gone, franchise can at least have new interesting ideas, at least for characters, say what you want about MGR, but its characters were instantly memorable.

Fuck Kojima.

tfw PW was my favorite for some reason (besides the gameplay I fucking hated the instance type missions)

I just want Solid Snake or Big Boss with a random ass voice in there, shitting all over the canon. I want Konami to run this series into the ground in a magnificent bad way.

i just like good games that are fun to play.

If death stranding is fun, i will be happy.
if survive campaign is fun, i will be happy.

it's a win win for gamers, except for that survive coin bullshit they're trying to pull.

>If death stranding is fun, i will be happy.
We literally have no idea what kind of GAME it even is yet.

Kojima is responsible for Paz and Quiet. What could have been really interesting female characters were turned into sleazy otaku-bait. He's a shit writer with horrible taste. And he tries to justify it by pretending he's some kind of incredible visionary.

I'm pretty confident that even though it'll be less flashy, Survive's plot will be comprehensible and have some weight to it. We all know deep down that Death Stranding is going to be pretentious bullshit with its head rammed up its own shitter.

if you watch the trailers and pay attention you can get an idea of what will be happening, at least story wise and some of the basic mechanics.

it's also been stated its a 3rd person stealth style multiplayer iirc.

They also both have a genuine knack for visual flair. It's when their ideas are used that everything turns to shit

Hopefully the singleplayer story is meaty and stays far away from MGSV's disaster of a plot

he said a really REALLY simple comment and you had to pick it apart huh?

His comment still stands, if Death Stranding is fun, regardless of whatever game type it is, he will be happy. Why can't it be left at that? Why must people complicate this shit??

Yep

Yeah.
Also they created a bunch of new weapons and clothes but basically NV uses most of F3 assets and nobody cares (exept for those brainlets who used to call NV 'mod' back in 2010). Also it's reminds me DS3.
I have no problems with this I'm not that autism to screams
>muh reused assets

>its characters were instantly memorable.
Depends which. I liked Bladewolf and Sam, that russian dude from Raiden's PMC and Armstrong, but I can't remember any other characters names.

>the singleplayer story

The only part the bothers me is the soldiers having the same animations as venom right down to his posture. But that annoyed me in phantom pain as well

>Kojima is responsible for Quiet

This alone should have lost him any respect, Quiet is one of the worst characters in gaming, I happily killed her on the spot upon my second playthrough.

The game demands sympathy from the player for her without ANY reason for us to give a fuck pass the fact she has to breathe through her skin.

But WHY does she breath her skin?

OH I KNOW, BECAUSE SHE GOT BURNT
AND WHY DID THE DUMB CUNT GET BURNT?
BECAUSE SHE WAS TRYING TO STRANGLE AND KILL BIG BOSS.

Before, you know, killing two innocent bystanders, that being the doctor and the nurse in cold blood.

Why in the fuck would the player feel any sympathy for her? She is retarded, she refuses to communicate by writting or signg language for a reason that is not given. In one cut-scene she violently attacks your own soldier by sticking her knife into his mouth, I get it, that was her retarded way of saying "he's infected", but even that doesn't justify it, if she wasn't so fucking retarded the dumb cunt could have written it on a paper or some shit.

And she can speak other languages with code-talker, why doesn't code-talker just tell us what Quiet is saying so she can communicate like that? Fuck you Code-Talker too, you old piece of shit.
Sorry, didn't mean to go againts his point, I agree, I am just full of doubts, that's all. I do want good video games like anyone else though.

>Obligatory
>youtu.be/EPHeWXAlZDM

I noticed how the camera flips and the angles are the same as TPP so they are inspired by Kojima I remember a video when he was creating a cutscene for TPP last trailer.

I mean, that is still far more interesting characters than all the newly introduced characters in all of the post-MGS3 games combined.

That is the only thing Kojima contributed to MGS Phantom Pain that was actually genuinelly awesome and those were the cut-scenes directing, they look amazing.

>inspired by Kojima
Or the guy who always did the camera work is still working at Konami.

I say this because when this trailer was released without Kojima involved the cutscene looks like something created with the GMOD.
youtube.com/watch?v=1kbsV-TI_gI

Survive has some cinematic work.

>base building
>defend this

Eh...I like both desu.

The cinematic director for Survive is Masaya Kobayashi, who worked on MGS2/3/4/Revengeance/Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain.

See this video 2:50
From this to Survive it's a huge improved.

Not that user, but that's cool. I really liked cutscene direction in GZ/TPP.

Didn't know that.
That's explain why it looks good. Cinematics are pretty well animated and the cinematographic work looks decent.

It doesn't.
Give the IP to Platinum Games already.

Oh, I was this poster.
Never mind, Kojima added literally nothing of value to Phantom Pain.

Aside from "Shinning Lights Even In Death" maybe.
This trailer was intended to showcase mostly the gameplay, do you expect to put the effort they put into Phantom Pain's cut-scene to some kind of DLC trailer?

MGS3 Pachinko was made without Kojima and it looks stellar, shame it's a Pachinko, I hope they will remake MGS franchise in some way, maybe remake MG1 and MG2, those would be logical means of contiuing, seeing how Phantom Pain ties into MG1

>which is a masterpiece
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Portable Ops was good ideas executed incompetently.
The writing was bland and dry, devoid of both the depth and quirkyness of Metal Gear.
And Kojima was still used as a consultant during development.

I don't despise PO, I think it gets shit on more than it deserves, but it's still a weak game, and trying to use it as a positive example of what Metal Gear is without Kojima's direct influence is just shooting yourself in the foot.

He also worked on the realtime cutscenes in Peace Walker, although that game primarily used 2D ones.

But this is a trailer made for a multiplayer DLC. It wouldn't make sense to either make completely new animations from scratch or to make it overly cinematic and completely different from what's gonna be going on in the actual game. It's not Overwatch, man.

It has better story telling than anything Kojima did after MGS3

Its control fucking sucks, though.

>quirkyness of Metal Gear.
I think we can all live without the memeguy that shits himself in every single MGS game.

>This is a fucking million times more coherent
Is this how bland and generic a plot has to be for you to find it coherent?

This.

>Masahiro Ito
Who gives a fuck?

In what alternate dimension is Survive's plot bland and generic?

MGR is unronically the best showcase of what MGS can be without Kojima, Kojima only supervised that game but beyond that didn't have anything really to do with it. It had all the quirkiness and interesting characters.

Sorry user, I don't think my plot needs plot-holes all around and retcons, which is something Kojima absolutely adores.

doesn't have pooping soldiers

Any more story info?

The last thing I read was how Ditte supposedly died.

It's not random you fucking idiots, if your feet get chewed on by crawling wanderers you're going to suffer status effects in that spot.

Ito's good so me if it's true.

I probably doesn‘t, I don‘t like zombie survival shooters tho. If someone else but Kojima would make an actual mgs game I‘d give it a shot.

>Secure the memory board
>Secure the memory board
>Pull out the memory board!
>If you pull out the memory board we can memory board the memory boards!
>Memory boards have differenent functions according to the icon displayed over them!
>THE MEMORY BOARDS, SNAKE!

>THE MEMORY BOARDS MASON, WHAT DO THEY MEAN

Portable Ops was too much underrated. I still prefer it over Peace Walker.

Why does Goodluck laugh when Reeve introduces himself?
These are real fucking questions, and vastly preferable to "Is Chico Quiet?" For fuck's sake, we sank so fucking low trying to make sense of MGS V's godawful plot.

So are we going to get any guard enemies at all or is it just retarded zombies?

If you're going to rehash so much from MGSV you might as well rehash the best part about it.

Goodluck sounds like Troy Baker.

>Kojima is gone so the rest of the team that worked on the Metal Gear games must NEVER TOUCH METAL GEAR AGAIN
Honestly Konami hasn't even done anything wrong after letting Kojima go. Just look at how well they have been treating Bomberman R post release with free content.

Gameplay wise? It has it's moments, the powers are fun, but the shooting is generic. Story wise? Yeah, remedy software is really good at that.

I really enjoyed Quantum Break.

>>Goodluck looks like Laurence Fishburn
>>"Reeve" like Keanu Reeves
>>It's a "Matrix" reference

based Koji- I mean Konami

>So are we going to get any guard enemies at all or is it just retarded zombies?
What do you mean? The "Wanderers" are fast and vicious, but you can avoid them using stealth and distractions and the like. There are number of different types, too. This is a stealth game. I guess you could point to The Evil Within 2 for similarities, but the stealth mechanics here are much stronger.

Rising 2 when?

There's different types of zombies and non-zombie enemies confirmed so far. No idea if there's any human enemies.

Remember when there was a brewing scandal because internet morons decided that if Chico was Quiet, that was disrespectful to men with boobies?

>literally the part where you escort five kids out of the mine
I don't mind the asset flip so much but they could have tried harder than not at all.

Goodluck = Troy Baker = Ocelot.
Not the person but he has the same role.

This would actually be my worst nightmare imaginable. I honestly hope Survive succeeds just so that this has less of a chance of happening.

>revengeance faggots celebrating and shitposting
>metal gear turns into full cuh-razy mode for the rest of the series
>no chance of a good tactical espionage game ever again
>no chance of Metal Gear 1+2 remake on Fox Engine

>by the end of the game you can fly around the world and do fucking anything

You know how it goes

>Gates of hell
kek this is so dumb

Goodluck = "Good luck".
youtube.com/watch?v=o0wNl66tT3Q

Give me shorts, boots, a cowboy hat and a FN FAL and we'll be in business.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Comedy

Can someone confirm this?
He really sounds like Troy Baker.

>Hopefully the singleplayer story is meaty
It's a game about survival in a Zombie apocalypse. Who gives a shit about story?

b-b-b-b-but Majora's Mask

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

*inhales*

NONONONON

What the problem? Troy Baker voices everything in those days.

>we sank so fucking low trying to make sense of MGS V's godawful plot.
Except it's pretty straightforward.
Everything like Chico=Qiet was because of idiots who tried to get the plot with the help of trailers. It was completely retarded and one of the reasons why so many people consider MGSV bad is because their shitty theory wasn't in the game

Wasn't the scandal Quiet herself? Chico = Quiet started after that "you will feel ashamed" tweet so they decided to get a supertragic story

And that makes it a less dumb part of Metal Gear because --
We already saw what the afterlife is like in MGS3 and this isn't it. Also how can you have an internet connection to hell to send messages there? kek

>Why in the fuck would the player feel any sympathy for her? She is retarded, she refuses to communicate by writting or signg language for a reason that is not given. In one cut-scene she violently attacks your own soldier by sticking her knife into his mouth, I get it, that was her retarded way of saying "he's infected", but even that doesn't justify it, if she wasn't so fucking retarded the dumb cunt could have written it on a paper or some shit.

I dont really disagree, and not that guy, but I dont think she probably had a normal upbringing to have life experience for her say "i should write this down instead of cutting this guys tongue out."
Idk her backstory but isnt she some weird nanomachine desert sniper when u meet her

It explains where the wormhole tech came from, something Kojima COMPLETELY ignored.

The voice cast is unconfirmed AFAIK. We won't know until we get the full game with full credits.

This is like getting mad that Saints Row 4 reused the map from Saints Row 3.

looks like a late ps3 game

Are the controls, animations and general responsiveness as tight as in TPP?

It's the same as TPP

He worked with Kojima. He is Ocelot his voice even his face and everyone hates Konami I don't think Troy will ruin his reputation working with Konami.

Basically identical to TPP.

I was set to buy but the PC beta was a terrible move

>dude enjoy your vr menu “base”
>enjoy this boring and basic tower defence
>difficulty only comes from stuff being meat shields if they are a higher level
>movement and actions clunky as fuck

It gave me no impression of what the game will actually be like.

japanese apreciate whiteness more than whites do.

Do you considered Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare to be an "asset flip"?

>make shitty zombie game (not even proper open world single player like state of decay)
>filled it with "THINGS I KNOW!" nostalgia references
>sucking its dick calling it a great addition to the series.

You are no different from the pea brains who clap and scream when seeing star wars trailers because they can recognize the millennium falcon and r2d2.

Lowest form of creative work being praised for no other reason but nostalgia.
Yeah, I'm sure hyped about a shit game filled with references to better games.

That Ray. I too remember MGS2, how good it was, how better the series was back in the days. Now I'm playing garbage like Survive.

see

gunplay and bows are tight as fuck

melee isn't as tight, it's sort of like RE4 knife controls with more moves and weapons

I really want to play Portable Ops but the fucking controls are a huge turn off.
Wish they ported portable ops for home systems with full dual analog support.

>being too retarded to tell the difference between "Solid" and "Survive"

Did you throw this much of an autistic fit when Acid came out?

>voice actor ruining his reputation by working with AAA video game company
The whole #FucKonami thing isn't as big as Cred Forums and Kotaku wants you to think.

I liked PO but the controls were godawful.
The boss fight against Gray Fox where you have to go full Ocelot and shoot around corners to land surprise hits was creative though

It's in the game because it's fun just like other shit like the rocketo punch.
Let's not forget about the headband that gives unlimited ammo

Metal Gear Survive's singleplayer is open world.

Endgame meme items are not the same as story cutscenes where they are literally pulling guns out of their asses.

Really its like Fallout 3. So soulless but "SUPER MUTANTS, BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL, AND HAROLD!" and yet thats supposed to make it good

I dunno man. Kojima is a hack as he has proven yet again with V and I can see him making something like Survive after watching too much Stranger Things and smoking one blunt too much

Was MGR soulless? Or has nu-Cred Forums mutated to the point where MGR is shit now because muh kojima?

>people hate portable ops

why? the story is crap (but then again, every mgs game that came after mgs3 had deplorable story).
Is it the gameplay? The bigger issue I have with it is the control scheme. Something easily fixed if it was ported for other system with full dual analog support.

You keep forgetting Peace Walker and MGSV took directly inspiration from Portable Op.
Managing a army, building new equipment with resources gathered from missions. Using different characters for every mission.

You can shit on that mechanic all you want, but Kojima was the one stealing from Portable Ops.
Clearly, someone that isn't Kojima, manage to create a new type of game, appealing enough for Kojima to steal.

And what tight little asses they had. As the camera panned over their boobs and butts, you teared up understanding that the people who called him a pervy hack were just haters.

>The whole #FucKonami thing isn't as big
I remember Del Taco twitted "Fuck Konami!" and it got like 50k likes.

Maybe not classical lootboxes, but microtransactions will be in the game.
MGSV already has them and it is going to be worst in Survive

Not sure I want to go on watching because this 1 hour might be the entire story of the game and after that it's all co op grinding

Konami probably told Kojima stop sucking up to Hollywood so much and he threw a tantrum about it

posting official Cred Forums Metal Gear Survive thread theme again
youtube.com/watch?v=FE6RuZuvjMs

There's definitely cutscenes and the like later on but there's no footage of them because literally every media outlet is under some kind of "You must skip all the cutscenes and not show any story material" embargo.

>Maybe Metal Gear doesn't need Kojima after all.
>Being in the wrong side of history
I bet you brought a Switch over a PS4 you soyboy cuck!

Co-op is a completely separate mode you dunce

The singleplayer is about building a base in Dite and finding the lost Charon Corps with an AI core and a lost XOF soldier.

Shouldn't it be the MSF emblem?

it's not the same Mother Base

>Mfw this game become succesful
>Mfw all the Kojima fanboys collectively piss themselves

>The whole #FucKonami thing isn't as big as Cred Forums and Kotaku wants you to think.
Del Perro and the Dorito Pope doesn't think the same.

It has nothing to do with being a Kojima game.
I love Ghost Babel, I fucking love Acid and Rising is my second favorite Platinum game.

But Survive is so soulless, so generic, so much potential to fail due to the core gameplay being cliche as fuck, all the focus on multiplayer and potential for really terrible microtransactions exploits

is this game fun if you don't have friends to play with

The game isn't even out yet you fat faggot, go suck Kojima's dick on Reddit

>getting triggered because something is called one thing when you know its something else
hmmmm, sounds like cuck thinking to me

>the girl who played Quiet moved back in with her mom and pic related is her room
Did Kojima drop her?

>mfw Cred Forums then complains about coorporations/stock holders fucking with vidya

no one has played the singleplayer yet, so we can't give you an actual opinion.
i'd wait till release and then ask/watch streams

Quietfags were the worst thing about MGSV

She refused to be yakuza'd by Kojima's friends.

Oh no, is she fine? :(

Different Mother Base. Also time/space are fucked up. Equipment and people from various time periods appear in Dite.

The checklist of soldiers Goodluck is looking over in the opening sequence matches the Wandering Mother Base soldiers from MGS V.

The iDroid version number keeps changing, too.

The white brick walls make it look like a prison cell but aside from that it's a pretty nice room

People who play Metal Gear games, usually

THE ENDING TO METAL GEAR SURVIVE
>WOAH YOU COLLECTED ALL THE SHIT NEEDED TO MAKE A PORTAL BACK TO EARTH
>BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAY HERE TO CLOSE IT (YOU)
>LET'S SEND ALL THE GUYS YOU FOUND ALONG THE WAY THROUGH IT
>THEY END UP IN BUTTFUCK NOWHERE AND HAVE INSOMNIA AND ARE CONFUSED AND SHIT
>THEY ARE THE WANDERING SOLDIERS YOU FIND IN MGSV
>DID
>U
>RIKE
>IT????

How the fuck you know this things? Stop stalking her you creepy fuck!.

are there any nudes of her? maybe she will do some amateur work in the future, i hope :)

why do her mom and step-dad sleep in anti-sex beds
why do they have garden gnomes in their room

>How the fuck you know this things?
it's on her fucking website
hardly secret information

still a better ending than MGSV

What happens to Goodluck?

Joosten worked for a japanese talent agency. If you consistently get gigs you'll get a respectable wage at the upper end of average, but if you don't get constantly casted you'll get about as much as your average part time job.
I was looking for some easy work myself about half a year ago, and I've checked out the agency Joosten worked for. While she's prominently featured in the website banners and such, you can no longer find her profile, so she's unavailable for work. I'm guessing she went home for personal reasons, rather than economical.

I noticed similarities between the Charon Corps emblem (Survive) and Kill Count PF (MGSV).

That depends on whether or not you rike it, user.

They are faithful Christians, pure in heart and soul just like their precious daughter.
The gnomes are there to scare jewish people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charon_(mythology)

Why bother about a story that's obviously going to be garbage?

>before they made it a battle royale
Please be baiting, you cannot be so stupid and uninformed as to not see that everything to do with Fortnite advertises Save the World as well.

>faithful Christians (most likely Catholics since it's the south)
>divorce

What? Everything about the story looks great. IT has actual characters, for a start.

Interesting FOBs are different dimensions. But every dimension has a Boss. Big Boss.
Where’s the citadel of Bosses?

Has the main game been updated much since BR came out? I avoided buying into the beta because I knew how fucked the progression was from being in the alpha, but I loved the general gameplay loop. I thought they would have almost completely abandoned the main game once I saw BR blow up, but it would be neat if they're actually using they money from that to develop the coop part.

>Everything about the story looks great
>Zombies

It might be a fun game but come on

Silent Hill 2 is full of zombies and everyone sucks that game's dick.

silent hill 2 is shit, you nu-Cred Forums scum

The "parasites" are basically zombies, c'mon.

>Nu
>Ancient game that was always liked here
Holy shit you are retarded

Well 5 was shit even with him so not surprising.

kill yourself bro

Not really Zombies, you idiot.

No, user. He is pretending to be because you are.

Wasn't it Pontypool madness?

Physically impossible user
The soldiers you find in V were not even present at Mother Base when it all happened which is why they were still alive in the first place

Beta was interesting. I would play more if the beta was still up. That said... this is hardly anything more than a DLC for MGSV. Charging $40 and releasing as a standalone game seems scummy. I'd pay $10-$20 especially knowing there will be cashshop bullshit.

Also, don't pretend Kojima would have even touched this if he had still been with Konami and it was just some stupid spin-off add-on.

Konami is still a piece of shit.

>idiots who tried to get the plot with the help of trailers
that's what a trailer is buddy

>original game literally has zombies in it
>cry when spin off has zombies in it

>it was just some stupid spin-off add-on.
And MGR with its Dragonball Z powerlevels was not? Kojima actively helped with that one

This game was mad boring.

>using nuclear
>not using this youtube.com/watch?v=8okzVnShqMw

It's like you don't want to OPERATE.

I don't want MG to die guys... and if I have to rape its corpse to revive it I will fucking do it FUCK

MGR is hardly an "add-on." It had a full fledged plot, completely new combat system, etc.

Survive is a legit add-on to V with the same engine and gameplay.

Steam says it's coming out on Feb 21st. Is this correct?

Wait, they put the dummied out TPP basebuilding in? Huh.

instaud.io/1NH4

What

Gobble down that corporate cock further if you want but don't put words in my mouth.

It's already a zombie game so the story is more than likely to be trash.
Otherwise this game seems like it had shareholders/producers make a checklist with vidya trends and handed to the devs that aren't busy (why would they when all they make nowadays is a shitty version of FIFA)

People like you are to blame. Just let series finish properly instead of asking for more sequels.

instantly thought of these guys

Aw how cute.
I want to cuddle with her in her comfy room maybe do some anal too

>No computer
>Not even a TV
How do you exist there?

Smd
I will never let go
#neverbegameover

His dad is that much of an ego-maniac to the point where that is the only thing that could penetrate.

>story is more than likely to be trash

Just like every other metal gear, so it will fit right in.

I would have rather we got more of this and less of what we're getting. At least Portable Ops made every attempt to be a proper entry in the franchise. Survive is just some stupid bullshit that doesn't get the franchise at all, and the only defense people seem to have for that is "y-you'd eat it up if Kojima was behind it", which is an absolutely retarded point because Kojima would never have made this game as the main himself pointed out this game doesn't get series, but more importantly it's retarded to build a mind experiment in which something happens that proves you right and to think that actually supports your point. of course it does, you constructed it to do so.

Oh God. You thought the magic guns were wormhole tech? I guess this is the kind of IQ you can expect from the Metal Gear Survival audience.

Rising is a joke

I heared MPO plot was written by Kojima wasn't it? That's why he remade it by himself in PW

user survive devs are all old guys.

>finally give in and download the beta
>servers under maintenance
fuck off

Then stop using Fox engine assets, which is the legacy of Kojima to develop Survive.

Well shit. Gotta watch 2 and 3.

>Its another unironic Survive shilling thread.
>It's another unironic Konami apologia thread, despite them being far worse than just what happened to Kojimbles.
>It's another Kojima shitposting and unsubstantial hate thread.

I wouldn't be so reductive as to just call it contrarianism, but I sure stepped into the big brains club today.

>Kojima himself developed all the assets

It's linked to MGSV
A "researcher" is the cause of the whole zombie thing, it was to study some parasites.
probably code talker.

>this is OC, Gene
>he was the top fighter at The Joy fighting academy
>he trained with the Boss and was even stronger than Naked Snake and does all the things that Naked will want to do later but Gene did them first

Can't you read the line?

its over

How the fuck will he fight without his arm?
at least it won't be the same as TPP.

youtube.com/watch?v=IIWsOateZGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NVR2b2MAYsk
youtube.com/watch?v=UHlJ6rKB99Q

>Ditte Codetalker managed to get the funds required to develop his cleanup operation
>Skullface fucks over the research, which in turn fuck up the world

So when do we get MGSV complete edition with added base building and content from Survive?

>*capitalizes on Kojima nostalgia*
>we don't need Kojima after all
Just like Star Wars don't need Lucas

>Not having huey fucking the world over by accident.

You're under an impression those are actual enemies and not just special attacks you call down to hit your enemy once and teleport away

>by accident

>Team of hundreds of people.
>KOJIMA LITERALLY DID EVERY BAD THING EVER.

I'm amazed.

It's from the story mode user, and you can "salvage" it .

You are aware spinoffs without Kojima already existed? Funny how times change considering the anti-Kojifags weren't sucking Konamis schlong when those came out.

I praised gameplay.

But guess which faggot was responsible and lead every MGS story to this point.

All Konami did after chase out Kojima was releasing low budget games pretending they "revive" dead franchises such as Bomberman to appeal public audience.

It should be you on the boat.

Probably has some mutations like tentacles on the trailer you can see 2 giant monsters.

Man, I loved fighting the sniper skull unit. MGSV had a lot of problems, but I genuinely enjoyed these fights.

Paz a shit

>they don't remember technos games

>People seriously rooting for a bog standard zombie reskin with shitty gameplay, by a company known for running their licences into the ground and shitting on the rotten corpse, to "own le Hackajima™ epic style xDdd"

I can't wait for Death Stranding to finally come out, so we can settle these horrendous anti threads once and for all. You fuckers get more obnoxious by the day.

Don't you have some burgers to flip, Kazuhira?

t. Retard pretending game is bad cause muh evil konami

No company intentionally tries to ship a bad product.

BITCH.

Remember Ground Zeroes originally sold for 40 buckaruckadoodles.

B-BUT IT HAD THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF CONTENT!

>No company intentionally tries to ship a bad product.

How naïve.

Did you even play MGSV?

It's almost like he wanted to end the series for a decade because he knew he couldn't creatively keep up the same project over and over again, and now people resent him for (((reasons))), for continuing on, effectively due to Metal Gear being an obvious cash cow for the parent company, and fan feedback urging him to continue making games in the series despite his own interests. Of course its very convenient to forget the events and the timeline surrounding his entire career, and Konami's history as a company.

It's very easy to just uncritically call him a hack , and leave it there.

It's like people conveniently forget the subtext of MGS2 and MGS4, with the relation Kojima had to both the media and his fanbase.

>It's almost like he wanted to end the series for a decade because he knew he couldn't creatively keep up the same project over and over again
Yes, user, Kojima wanted to end the franchise since MGS2, we all know, he should have handed the franchise to someone else by the end of MGS3, it was clear his passion was all gone.

If an artist chooses to listen to fans over his own interests, then he mocks bot himself and the fans. Giving your audience what their want is the best way to dissapoint them.

And that is what makes him a hack.

Kojima always moved on, but he always got too pissy when someone else was to take over.

Holy shit you dense fucking faggot.
How easily you forget that Konami was always a shitty company with shitty practices, even long before the Kojima . You seriously have had to lived under a rock if you think that was in anyway below them, and that's the only reason their shit.

And that's besides the fucking point, it's a shitty zombie asset flip. It's amazing you're defending it under the guise that you genuinely think it's gonna be a good game, when it's painfully obvious that just doing it for the sake of controversy.

>fucking up on a review so badly that its already getting 30% dislikes
>uploader comment "wahh konamidrones exist"
Should have been a dead giveaway that this guy was retarded

>lets put aside our love for kojima
>gets pissy at the end cause no kojima
>ima asuume its all lootboxes. everything play-to-win, so this game is automatically bad

right you are user

>Konami was always a shitty company with shitty practices

What are EA, Activision and Microsoft for 500.

No one gave a shit about them but the moment Konami pressured Kojima to stop wasting money everyone flips their shit.

that's arguably the most interesting part of the game in that case

Correct, as MGR proved. Survive is ass though.

seen the datamine yet? Its been pretty good, even if its just audiologs.

Castlevania fans would like a word with you.

No, i've barely followed the game. Do you by chance have a link on hand, or was it already posted in the thread?

LMAO

It's literally the EXACT game Kojima would make right now if asked for a quick cash grab. Guy's been on a major TWD+Stranger Things kick and the parallells are fucking obvious.

that's not true, castlevania was ruined/discontinued long before MGSV (and I prefer that series to MGS anyways) and their treatment of the yugioh franchise makes me feel ill

Hello?

I will just cheat engine the resources in. Not dealing with that mmo-tier gathering garbage again, it always detracts from the game. Unless they make resource collection less tedious than it was in TPP. At least this base building seems more put together this time.

Is there any tower defense/survival games that as fulfilling as Metal Gear Survive?
Just joking, I just wanna know if there's any good tower defense/survival game that has base building/hunger system in it.

>Micspammed this in tf2 like 4 years ago and for some reason everyone started howling until the song ended

>all the Konami vs Kojima shitflinging in general
>don't understand the shitposting
>beta played like a glorified Tower Defense
>I really like glorified Tower Defense
>runs really smooth looks good
>crafting is shit and the maps are too small
>fighting is satisfying and building makes nice different strats for the game
>40 euro-shekels
yeah they lost me with the last part.
If it is not dead in a month (about the players of the beta) I grab a cheap key

So will the inevitable MGS1 remake be based on Twin Snakes?

>he exposes himself as being a normal difficulty playing frogposter

God this looks like shit for a ps4 game

So, Survive takes place in actual hell?
Does this mean we will get to meet Paz___?

It’ll stay alive on PS4, even if it’s a niche community at best, but this shit is dead within the month on PC

but it is

what killed castlevania again?

MercurySteam.

Kojima with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

>T E D I O U S M E T E R S
So this is the power of Konami? Just stealing ideas from Kojima and mgs3? embarrassing

speaking of frogs, can't wait to see frog moms posted when we figure out where the recipe drops

who only got the castlevania license because of kojima

Netflix
the better question is 'What killed Silent hill?'

Haha user what do you think the inside of the buttcrack part of the frogs suits smell like?

imgur.com/a/bxZef
pastebin.com/tzKMGPzy
there's some spoilers.
There's 7 days to die.
I'll probably just cheat engine iris energy.

>caution ensure lock is tight

Regardless of all the memeing, I think the majority of Metal Gear fans are avoiding this like the plague. Even if you don't care about the Kojima stuff, this game is a totally different genre that is non-canon, and doesn't star Snake/Big Boss. Previous spin-offs generally were Snake in a different setting, (Ac!d, Ghost Babel), and the one that wasn't was set after MGS4 focused on another main character.

If you look at YouTube and social media reception on Survive in general, I'd say it's about 90% negative. This game is going to have an uphill battle for a consistent playerbase, and if Konami adds obnoxious microtransactions like MGSV Online it will kill it. I think the popular stuff that is out and upcoming is going to drown it out hard as is, mostly Monster Hunter and Sea of Thieves. The biggest positive it has going is the fact that there is about a month before any other big multiplatform games release, with an avalanche of stuff coming for a month or so starting March 20th.

Personally, I've been a dedicated fan of the main series since MGS1 came out, and I won't be touching this game unless it becomes GWG/PS+ down the road.

the ice age

Please stop me from buying it

>Cred Forums plans to "stick it" to Kojimbo the Hack, by buying a microtransaction game.

Please kill me Pete.

Steam was 50/50 though. Some people liked it. Some were just there to bash the game with almost no gamehours.
And from the datamine, the story looks to be great.

only games I want at the moment are survive, naruto shinobi strikers, dark souls remaster, and monster hunter world PC.

Kojima

>people still bitching about Kojima's influence on Metal Gear games when he wanted to stop making them after 3
Cred Forumsirgins

Post songs that would be appropriate fiddle implying credits music for Survive.

youtube.com/watch?v=2GSzjOSTlnU

No we ain't. Everything cool about Big Boss and Snake was tossed out the window when Kojima decided to change the voice actor AND the characterization for Big Boss for no reason other than he watched Mad Max.

That shit about youtube is completely false too. The vast majority is positive and that's why that one autist only has a handful of videos to post shitting on the game.

The truth is that some fans of this series hold the games to a standard of love that not even Kojima himself reached and now they are out of touch with reality.

>crystal zombies, time travel, alternate dimensions and MUH DANTE highschool level references on the nose every 3 minutes

MGSV was shit in history too but don't go out saying Survive's any better

>he’s gonna get stuck with $40 dollar reminder how much time he dedicated to insulting people to defend a dead game
>he’ll start making threads lashing out at Cred Forums calling everyone kojima cock suckers and blaming them for why the game is dead
>he’ll slowly disappear

I can’t wait

is the beta over?

>but this shit is dead within the month on PC
I fear you are right. That's why I wait. Not gonna pump money into something that is dead.

As much as I liked PO, it was mostly beaten by PW, which took a lot of the good ideas that PO had and made them better. Though I wish they didn't outright retcon it, the story was good and I forgive a lot of it due to them working with the fucking PSP.

theres no stopping it, once youve used the grease trap once, theres no going back.

>ITT all of these claims to spitefully buy Survive just to stick it to Kojima/fans.
>then wonders where it all went wrong when user has to buy a save points, ammo, or health pack
yes, yes, Cred Forums. let's show that Hackeo Cuckjimbo who's boss by supporting a game that fulfills all the shareholder's wishes.

He was always a hack, his very first games were also a fan fiction of 80's Hollywood movies.

What's it matter that they have no game hours you don't need to consume shit to understand it's shit. I played the beta it's ass, ASS.

At this point my biggest red flag is the online only requirement even for single player, the seeming lack of balance for playing with only one player, and the obvious way microtransactions could be used in virtually all aspects. Cosmetics, characters, resources, weapons, consumables like the revive pill. With a $40 launch price, I get the impression that it is the plan.

While this is obviously anecdotal, I have a good amount of friends that played MGSV on my Xbox friends list, and I never saw a single person load up the beta. During the first two days of that beta I checked Twitch a couple times and it had very low viewers. At one point, Konami's own stream had about 70 viewers, while at the same time the big Outer Heaven MGS-focused channel had about 3000, with two different hosts and chat being pretty negative on it.

Compare those numbers to just how big the also mulitplayer focused beta for Sea of Thieves blew up, as did Monster Hunter. I think they need to win over survival game players, and there are already so many games in the genre.

>Soundtrack rip for Survive
>first audio is just a distorded "kept you waiting huh" soundcloud.com/user-386988670/sets/mgv-beta-music-rip

>all these i-it's gonna be dead posters

Who cares? Even if that weren't pathetic doomsaying you can do missions easy if you have just a couple friends. inb4

>k-konami will close the servers

Even MGO 3 is still going and that has like fifty players.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN KOJIMBLES

>Audio "09" is sins of the father

JEEP RIDE RETURN WOOOOOOO

Konami wasn't going to do shit with Castlevania. Not saying Kojima was it's savior, but a last chance beats nothing.

did you need a lore explaniation for the communist flag camo in Snake Eater too?

>implying we fight Sally
>implying its not just the reused destroyed model from Kingdom of the Flies
>implying we dont just find it sitting there and have to fend of waves of zombies while trying to take its railgun

>The zombie horn
>Venom horn
>everything is connected!

The producer Yuji Korekado has come out saying that, the game wont feature resources/weapons in their Microtransaction Shop.
MTX is purely cosmetics, a miniscule boost that helps other people you are playing with, and an exploration protection for your survivors (Because they can literally get sick, infected and die if you arent careful.)
They also said that Revival Pills will be rare as hell to craft, assuming you get the recipe. Otherwise, its probably going to be in daily logins.
They do seem to have a BP Shop. BP is something you earn if you complete co-op missions. the harder you play on, the more it drops. from one of the pictures here i.imgur.com/UaXrF3P.png , there seems to be a selection of things to buy such as weapons and broken weapons you can roll for better stats with.

I don't know, here's Konami's official US Youtube page. Every single Survive video, low or high number of views, has about 3/4s of it's ratings as dislikes.

As for Big Boss, I didn't like the voice change either, at least for Ground Zeroes and Ishmael, but I'm willing to accept the change in personality in V as Venom being a different person with a head injury, even if he was brainwashed.

If this had a Hayter voiced Snake in it they would have gained some goodwill, even if just a little.

Streamings are up. We can finally the ending later.
youtube.com/watch?v=DNOlpZI7sLs
youtube.com/watch?v=aor0PJ2bb7g

Why is his neck so long?

Some good stuff desu

thanks for this brother

I don’t think they’re doomsaying. I think they’re just mocking you guys. All you survive fags do is bicker with the kojima fags. XOF VS FOX

>it's bad because it has a lot of downvotes

I think you are confusing the opinion of actual people with the opinions of embarrassingly autistic metal gear fans like yourself. The co-op trailer for example has two thousand downvotes to seventy two thousand views. That's a tiny, tiny fraction.

>genuinely enjoy the gameplay
>the fanservice costumes will look great

>teammates are always retarded
>PC will be dead, dont want to buy a PS4 right now
>none of my friends will want to play it
>matchmaking takes 15 minutes to actually get in the game

I want to like it but Im really worried about it. I dont want to buy a PS4 just so I can have people to play with...

To be fair to Konami, I don't think they have done this, but plenty of other companies have made similar statements about shit microtransactions just to add them down the road.

I really think that bare minimum they will sell those stupid revive pills. This is the main microtransaction in the Resident Evil Revelations games' Raid modes.

At this point MGSV has reached MGS2 levels of meta because of this shit, its seriously amazing

Has the data mining shown anything about snake? Is he in the game in any capacity?

YouTube videos in general have a low percentage of likes/dislikes compared to views since you need an account to do so.

Sorry for the souls comparision

>Still no Metal Gear Rising 2

->

>not just joining an active steam group

It's like you enjoy getting mad at randoms doing fuck all.

lucky for me, I didn't meet a single random that was completely and utterly useless

The Konami stream during the first beta said revival pills are craftable.

I had the same worry til I heard that

>they could have just rewritten the Survive story for MGR2
>no Cyborg Ninja Raiden jumping through time traveling wormholes chopping up crystal zombies

>It's like you enjoy getting mad at randoms doing fuck all.
wat
I have no problems playing with randoms. Did this back with WaW and the zombie mode too.
I don't want to play alone.

>snake and DD fly in on the last mission and pull you out of this hell dimension
>kept you waiting huh?
>you, kaz, snake, and Kojima fly back to our dimension in a helicopter
>fade to black CHAPTER 3: PEACE
GOD BROS IM SO READY

let's emote ERP in the lobby together, user

>updated frog suits are in survive
>updated BB corp suits are in survive
>probably gonna get ripped and used for SFM
>shadmans probably gonna draw some MGS image
HYPE

link to the video?

Will this game bring /mgg/ back?

nah I'd rather ""grief"" you in the lobby with my shotgun

Shut the FUCK up.

Frog units and B&B have been available for SFM for years, bro.

>see the return of shirtless rambo outfit in TPP
>venom wasn’t as buff as mgs 3 snake
>he’s not even that buff at all, and looks weird and frail without a shirt on

I just wanted to have fun and laugh at action movie rip offs bros, why did TPP have to try to be such a downer the entire time

I'm playing the game right now. Anything you guys want me to post?

yeah but these models are better visualy

outfits and weapons

No

But Venom's body is still a miracle if you consider that he did not move in 9 years and could not even walk at first. He trained real hard before the first mission

Is this is a remix or something? Or have I just not heard the song in a long time? It sounds different.

Your tits

yeah well, if they add lootboxes, i'm sure they'll get more hate for it. And also the japanese government will be on their ass.
SV Shop and BP Shop.

Audio quality most likely.

It's the MGSV version, the quality is just bad.
Could also be coming out of a radio somewhere in the game.

>youtube.com/watch?v=EPHeWXAlZDM
>separates from the whole series canon 10 minutes in

Thanks for proving his point user, phaving a plot doesn't mean it is integral to the MG lore at all

Well yeah, Star Wars don't need Lucas now.

This guy is streaming it. tv /japanbiggamer

>chapter 3

Stop posting, finish game, post pics of Lord of Dust.

But how

Any gillie parts yet? Curious how often clothing gets handed out.

>trained real hard
>saw ocelot injecting him with juice
>roiding for THIS

what was MW2's boycott about again?

except chico is unironically prettier than quiet not gay, thats just how ugly she is

dedicated serves

Did this guy kill himself?

Niggas wanted dedicated servers and mod tools.

wtf
story?

Agreed.

>that instant panic and flailing of regret

The nip coin shop.

oh yeah I remember now

The difference here is MW2 played mostly like MW1 just minus dedi servers and mod tools, MW1 lacking 1st party mod tools anyway iirc? MGS:S plays nothing like the previous metal gear titles and has shown every sign of being a shallow cashgrab.

Any TL-user here?

I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post, my masters changed along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed, too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words can kill.

so a gesture and the rest look like movie tickets?

> No Lootboxes.
> Just Exploration Condoms and Miniscule Boosts
Need this game now.

Same shit as we saw in the press demo. Some sort of premium sub that gives you 2% more kuban/gathered resources and a security thing that's probably to hire extra soldiers for defense or something.

Wait, is the game coming out tonight? I thought it came out on the 20th but steam says it wont unlock until the 21st. What the shit?

>That far left guy
"Oh wow"

When he was a young boy, he lost his native language, the bedrock for any developing child. His country, his family, his face, his identity, everything was stolen from him.

are there any cash shop outfits yet?

1-4 is Premium Boost Pass (1/7/30/60 days)
5. Support Defender

I believe console players get to play first and PC users are on the 21st.

the tinfoil hat in me says they planned for the 21st because rainbow six siege is releasing their zombie mode on that day as well.

All these people saying that they will use cheat engine made my decision to play this on povertystation much easier. Will have a bigger playerbase with less mongos too.

20th US console release, 21st JP console and steam global, 22nd EU console

new bread when?

Do we know steam release time? Midnight?

I'm just guessing from google translate here:
Support Defender can be given to your crews (npc soldiers?) at the base so if they're harmed, the thing will be used instead of killing your crews.

>people cheating in a game where resouces fall out the sky like rain

why tho?

Don't buy this, please.

youtu.be/n5U56Y9xce4

Beta had too many damn windows.

I dont know whos trolling who at this point

Not gonna watch that shit, but what's your reason?

He is a shill for dreamcastguy

Exactly it literally just ruins the point of the game and they will probably accuse it of having no progression after giving themselves everything for free. No thanks I'll play with normies instead.

Watch DreamcastGuy please

youtu.be/n5U56Y9xce4

Holy shit did anyone else jsut see that big boss fight in the japanese guy stream?

Fuck off, retard.

well if they want to ruin the game for themselves they're more then welcome

Pics

it's XOF vs FOX all over again

Where's the cheapest I can preorder this on PC?

GMG

Lord of Dust already? Or Mortar?

Green Man Gaming, 18% off.

Can I get the game to unlock early on PS4 by changing my time zone or is it a universal release time?

How long does that deal last? Can buy it tomorrow at the earliest