Subnautica thread

Subnautica thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg
justgetflux.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Smart choice by posting the title logo instead of the MC OP.

Is it done now? Been meaning to play again but don't want to later find out there's something missing or that they added a new part that changes everything.

>la creatura
>wtf no guns
>employee fired for wrongthink
Now that we got this out of the way, post bases.

Indeed, I want a legit thread of the game, not la creatura... spamming.

It's been done for almost a month by now.

I dont like it because the protagonist isnt white

there i said it

really looking forward to the expansion.

Post >yfw first time seeing a Ghost Leviathan

la creatura...

i just downloaded this game and it stutters pretty bad, is there any fix? i have a good pc

Really looking forward to complete lack of audio in the expansion

el goblino...

fumar puede matar...

>Love the game
>One dev turns out to be a huge cunt
>Fired the person making the audio, audio which was getting a lot of praise
I don't think I'll be buying the expansion after all that shit.

el americano...

>Hurrrhurrrrdurrr the progantonist is blakc so i hate this gaemm durrrr praise kek

>One dev turns out to be a huge cunt
Except he wasn't, he even defended his employer after the retarded firing

Mi padre me contó cuentos de demonios americanos como estos...

Dios mio...

I meant the dev who was bending his knee saying he'd change the character to female and other stupid shit. He's the cunt.

That's the CEO

Jesus Christ what a faggot.

>Signs his capsule
Go find him and call him a faggot

dios mio.. el goblino

I put a grappler arm and told them to afraid of nothing and punch leviathans in the face.

I want to play this game in VR while in the bath. Do I need motion controls to play it, or will I be okay with just a controller?

>posting a white ass logo
shamefuru dispurae

any news on updates like the rumored arctic biome?

> punch leviathans in the face.
That’s what I did in the end lol
Bitch almost gotbmy pron suit tho

Fuck! I got exact same capsule from this useless faggot!
The voting system is fucking rigged on those, I swear

Nope the performance is terrible.

It will have no audio

if you're using antivirus, add the game folder to the exception from scanning list. Might help a little

also I'd recommend to run it in exclusive fullscreen mode.
Add the line to the launch parameters in Steam properties of the game:
-window-mode exclusive

The game doesn't have native fullscreen option as a default? What the fuck?

le oceania...

Unityyyyy. For when you really hate your playerbase

las subhumanticas threado...

there is one saving grace of borderless window: at least, the input lag from the frame syncing, enforced by desktop windows manager, gives slightly lesser input lag than with normal dx vsync
But overall, yeah - not worth it.

So, is the disease just part of the story progression or is it actually timed and lethal at some point? I'm playing on hardcore and starting to get a little anxious about dying any minute.

I just found the ayyy lmao disease research base and got the blisters on my hands.

Story shit, there's no doomsday timer on you.

Stop looking for spoilers and just play the game. Spoilers ruin it.

It would be kind of a meh to just die and get a game over out of nowhere.

Whats the interior like

It would be a part of the experience. The whole point of playing on hardcore is that your actions actually matter.

underrated

2 lockers and a fabricator

I wandered too far in the dead zone with the seamoth and one of these fuckers jumped on me from nowhere nearly destroyed the ship

I watched some guy play it but I got too frustrated and I want to play it for myself.

Does the game seriously not pause when reading the tablet?

That is enough to make me not buy the game/play in freedom mode

Does your life pause when you're reading the tablet?

>not going for a full 100% scan run on hardcore

git gud

What tablet? Do you mean the PDA database?
You can just do that in the safe comfort of your base.

It's a bad game by a bad dev. The only good thing about it was the sound design and that's been thrown out the window to make way for more progressive "American Audio". To me it sounds just like a gurgling babble.

My power keeps turning off at night. Do I have to build a bio-reactor to keep the power on when there's no sunlight or does building a second solar panel help?

what ethnicity is american

Back to Cred Forums with you.

la

It just breaks my immersion that you're given a magical infinite storage box but you can't stop time with it to get what you need from it. I could understand if you could push a different key to use a different tool but being attacked in a meta pause menu to change what tool you want to grab with your hands is kinda dumb.

>Draws a n Anglo
>Paints it Black

Why do devs do this? Do they think Black people are naturally ugly or something?

La Abominacion...

You can build more to store more power if your base eats too much energy during night.

Bioreactor is nice but must me refuled manualy
Nuclear holds long enough for a playthrough
Thermal is best

>mfw this was mfw first time seeing a Ghost Leviathan

Are we talking about the same game? This is the Subnautica thread right

It was so poorly implemented it was immediately backlogged to shit from the thousands of capsules sent on the first day alone. It's literally impossible to search through them for decent content.

Noice

I have new for you user

that's a juveline

fug

muh tips for anons starting out

>go through your fabricator. Gives you an idea of what you can make from the start, and what materials you should be looking out for.
>make 5 things right away – knife, scanner, flashlight, O2 tank, and repair tool. The last one can be used to fix your lifepod and the radio onboard will act as a long-term guide for progression and objectives. All 5 can easily be made within the first half-hour if you’re just starting out. 5 minutes if you know what you’re looking for.
>scan everything, especially in pieces of wreckage. It’s the key to tech progression.
>bladderfish can be converted into pure water at the fabricator. Much better than cooking them.
>mineral deposits are randomly generated initially, but do not respawn over time. As you harvest an area of these, you need to push out further to get more.
>titanium ingots are a mid-to-late-game resource, and they cannot be converted back into titanium.
>check your fabricator occasionally for new blueprints that show up
>Solar panels do not need to be above the water to collect sunlight. If you place them deep, they operate at reduced efficiency, but still work.
>if a battery is required for a blueprint, use one with low charge. New item will always have 100% charge regardless of the battery used to create it.

Pic related is for everyone who says the flashlight is useless.

What magical infinite storage box?

>F6 toggles the goggles border of your HUD, as well as all your HUD elements
>you only start blacking out when your oxygen runs dry, rather than instantly dying. If you’re still moderately close to a source of oxygen, you still have a chance to make it.
>starting mineral power ranking is silver=copper>quartz=titanium>>>>>lead=gold>salt. If you’re coming up against your inventory limits, prioritize higher value things.
>you can have multiple O2 tanks in your inventory and hot-swap them out when your equipped one gets low for extra breath time
>you can build stuff in your cyclops, making it a mobile base rather than just a platform for carrying the PRAWN.
>stalker teeth are acquired when they play with metal salvage and break their teeth off. You can search around the area for loose ones, or drop salvage near them in hopes they go for it and break them off.
>alien containment is also an exterior growbed, inside your base.
>scanner rooms are nice. Some resources are sneakily hidden inside vegetation. Pic related
>take Blue Oyster Cult's Advice - youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

okay thanks. I wasn't sure if they "stored" power or not. I just ventured out of the shallows and into the sandy area with reefbacks. I explored the cave biome thing with camera drones but I haven't gotten everything down there. Is there any diamond and other stuff down there? I'm having trouble finding some of the minerals I need to upgrade my scanning array.

Don't pick up a diamond, if you do you really don't want to leave that planet.

>Seamoth got stuck in the ground of an island
>Forgot to bring extra batteries for my seaglide

We LOST now

>Solar power
>My power keeps turning off at night

Why do you have a piss filter, user

what? I use the flashlight all the time, the blue light on the seaglide doesn't show you shit, and I think they purposely made it the same shade of blue as all the pickups which makes them even harder to see

Storage is limited and you can press a key to change to one of five tools in quick slots.

La creatura de les americanas

Was using this. Clip was taken late at night.
justgetflux.com/

>flashlight has recoil

Solar Power arrays charge batteries which is where you get the power from.

What kind of memery is this

you cant power you base with batteries, son.

>Game set in the future
>travel across the entire galaxy
>can make resources and tools with a magical fabricator
>create oxygen with energy
>super smart scanning device
>flashlight looks like a giant hairdryer and can run out of energy

4/10 made me reply

this was bothering me last night. I really don't get why youd on't have a headlamp

It filters out the blue light from your monitor. Bluelight causes your brain to think it's daytime. Therefore it is bad to expose yourself to it at night time, as it helps to disrupt your circadian rhythm.

I'm gonna need sourced scientific papers for this

it's for the sake of gameplay. Night time is supposed to be scary and if you want to counter that then you can't hold another tool.

In an earlier version of the game the light on the seaglide was just as effective as the flashlight, so lots of players who played back then have never given the new flashlight a chance. I nkow the first time I used it I said out loud "oh, they made the flashlight actually worth the resources it takes to make!"

Find them yourself. It is a neuroscientific fact

build a chair if you have scanned one

food/water pause while you are comfy (sitting)

Windows 10 and most cell phones now have this built in -- look up "Night Light" if you are on Win10.

Try Flux for a day or two, and then on the third or fourth day you are using it and it's been on for a while, turn it off. You'll notice the difference.

Doesn't it also affect your computer's performance?

I have never had any issues with it.

Difference in what, exactly

>Not using Gaming Glasses

Your eyes will hurt plenty when you turn it off. In addition to the benefits user mentioned, for me primarily it's useful for reducing eye strain. The "gamer glasses" trend that alludes to was based on Flux, which does the same thing for free.

I released the sea emperor juveniles but I can't find them anywhere. I wanna get the fuck off this shitty planet help me pls

My eyes already hurt like shit when i wake up and look out the window

You don't need to find them

Some Health Ooze should be in the OG containment chamber

Just rub that all over you

Right...so programs like Flux reduce the additional strain on your eyes when you stare at a screen for extended periods of time.

There are no motion controls, just KB+M or standard controller.

well shit, they were right here the whole time

>ship comes to save you
>if you don't disable the anti air weapon the ship is destroyed
>if you do disable the anti air weapon they just give up on saving you

WHY EVEN HAVE THE SHIP?

>programs like Flux reduce the additional strain on your eyes when you stare at a screen for extended periods of time
What? No. Flux adjusts the color temperature (red/blue shift) of your monitor according to the time of day, since "night-time exposure to blue light makes people more alert and also affects their circadian timing". Nothing to do with strain, everything to do with sleep.

But was the ship ever really there?

they wanted to have a cool ship explosion but didn't count on players being able to disable the gun before the ship came, and then when people started complaining that the ship still blows up even if you disable the gun they just put on the current band-aid.
Hopefully they decide to flesh out the sunbeam later on and make it a possible escape option.

Sometimes it doesn't register the QEP was disabled, and a second QEP is created within the deactivated QEP to shoot down the Sunbeam. Not consequential, but stupid.

>Hopefully they decide to flesh out the sunbeam later on and make it a possible escape option.

A great idea for a ten dollar DLC.

I was thinking more along the lines of a free update but if you're EA, sure.