Confirmed: Relic Are Liars

pcgamer.com/relic-steps-away-from-dawn-of-war-3-when-a-game-underperforms-plans-need-to-change/

>"While Dawn of War 3 has a dedicated player base, it didn't hit the targets we were expecting at launch, and it hasn't performed the way we had hoped since," Relic tells Eurogamer. "It's been tough for us as professionals who want to make great games for our players, and for us as people who care a lot about what we do.

>"When a game underperforms, plans need to change. With Dawn of War 3, we simply don't have the foundation we need to produce major content. We're working in close partnership with Sega and Games Workshop to determine the best course of action, while shifting focus to other projects within our portfolio."

But PC gamers, weren't you saying these guys were BASED?

Relic is based for dropping support on DoW3.

>blaming Relic

It's almost like SEGA owns them and makes all business decisions or something.

Another dead PC game, surprise

I didn't even know DoW3 was out.

I've seen like two trailers and people complaining about the models.

>absolutely wreck your game by removing literally all features that people liked about previous entries
>mangle the gameplay by making a faux warcraft 3 except done terribly and still pander to MOBA faggots
>game unsurprisingly flops

WOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

whats so depressing is how dawn of war was really the only good 40k games out there, and they just flushed the entire fucking thing down the toilet like it was nothing. I guess I'll be playing DOW2 until the end of time it seems

oh so they should keep releasing updates and dlc even though the game failed?

the game was flawed no dlc could fix that

Dow 3 ultimate apocalypse fucking when
Only reason i bought it

This is like the 12th time you've made this thread

Stop being a stupid nigger that thinks "But PC gamers, weren't you saying these guys were BASED?"

mechanically, dawn of war 3 was worse than an indie rts. what were they thinking gambling with such a garbage idea

But lockong a third of your units behind heroes, having retarded economy management and scaling, and instant suppression on devastators were all exactly what we wanted
T. Relic

i don't know much about the rest of the game, but the lockstep economics/tech (as i understood it) was sooooo fucking stupid. the escalation phase idea shits on everything that makes rts interesting strategically. again... what the fuck were they thinking lol

You made the same thread every day for the past week. OP is a faggot.

Isn't it tradition for DoW games to have rocky starts that they recover from though?
Why's 3 so different

The developers have no decision power over this
Take it to the publishers

DoW 1 & 2 had good foundations, even DoW 2 which was more RTT had really good combat systems

DoW 3 shat the bed instantly when they wanted to make a MOBA instead

The game has like 300 people playing. Did you really thought they were going to waste money making more content for it?

How would they recover without major content updates?

Haha by new patches and updates we meant microscopic bugfixes ;)

It's their own fault nobody is playing, and it's an insult to the few dedicated fans they had left.

GW are largely at fault for forcing them to put the superunit bullshit in the game

>insult to the few dedicated fans
All 3 people in the world who still care about RTS

Pro-Tip never make your game a shitty E-sport.

More like never make your game an RTS in 2018

Good thing relic made a moba instead

>left side talks about patches
>right side talks about bigger DLCs and expansions

hurr

>release barebones game with laughable amount of content to sell DLC later
>sorry no new content go play soulstorm you faggets

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Did you misquote or are you just stupid?

Imagine if Civ5 never got any expansion pack

Imagine if you had reading comprehension.

>Go play the good ones
Great advice. I don't know what the point of this thread was other to confirm that DoW 3 is still a shit game and Sega probably has more to do with it than Relic.

liars? really?
so corporate decisions cant overturn and/or change initial plans over the course of 2-3 months?

THIS!!
PC is the drumpf plateform.

>Implying RTS is dead
>Implying it's any challenge at all finding a match
>Implying new RTS aren't in development
>Being this much of a defeatist faggot

You kids just want to bitch and complain.

>Relic are liars
>Plans change based on how things are looking
>They initially supported it in hopes of further interest, but there was none so they dropped it
>But no they're liars

You're the same kid who bitches when your mom can't take you to Disney World anymore because she got in a car accident, aren't you?

>Be Relic
>Get license to make a squeal to one of the most iconic RTS of a generation.
>All they have to do is just basically remaster and fix AI in DoWII and it will be GOTY
>Instead try to hop on the shitty MOBA Band wagon.
>A bigger let down then DoW2 was to DoW1 fans
>Game bombs hard
>Relic Then in a scum bag moves goes, "Well these was just not interest from the players."
>Literally blames the players for having no interest in their shitty game rather then fix it.

Glad i did not buy this smoking turd, but it looks like relic is going right next to gearbox for games from companies i will never buy from.

Relic
>game doesn't do well
>abandon it
>game dies

Ubi
>game doesn't do well
>keep working at it
>game continues to grow and do well

The difference is that nobody wants DoW3.

It hasn't even been exactly ONE YEAR yet(game was out in April) and they've dropped support.

Well, Age of Empire 1 definitive Edition, it is!

yes, liars, because no one was forcing them to make the statements they did in the first place
them being truthful would be admitting that the game would only receive continued support should it do well

No people wanted DoW3, what people did not want was DoW3 MOBA

>Using Windows Store and UWP

>anime reaction face
stay on Steam lol

>Ubi
>game doesn't do well
>1 year later release the exact same game again
fixed

Is every other game than AA2 and Rondo on this picture really on Steam?

I'm pretty sure this is from the Lunar New Year sales.

pretty much

I fucking hate this attitude so much
>make a sequel without anything that made the previous games good
>"well i guess players just arent interested in this franchise anymore. Time to kill it and never make a game about it again"

i like how relic sweeps it under the rug. dow3's game director immediately left relic after it bombed. this entire time (almost a year), they've only manage to scrape up some minor fixes and skins. they literally did not try at all.

Dow 1 will never be more than a sc clone, dow2 was the right decision

This cracka know what's up.

>opportunity to bring back CoH gameplay with DoW aesthetic to grab two guaranteed communities and the new fans from total war warhammer
>fuck it all up

They had literally one job and they fucked it up. How incompetent can a developer be?

Good post, but now I'm mad.

>Dow 1
>sc clone
Literally how?
>resources are on timers instead of worker/patch
>units come in squads and can replenish in the field
>economy is strictly tied to general map control instead of locking down specific income sources
>morale is a factor in addition to health
Fuck it, I might as well stop there. Etcetera.

>Dow 1 will never be more than a sc clone
What the fuck is this thread right now?

They fell for the MOBA meme. I have no idea why.

2017 relic has about as much in common with 2007 relic as 2001 dice has with 2011 dice.

Even Battleborn got more support than this. Fuck Relic.

>why
Esports money. They notices every single game made to be the "new esports" crashed and burned, so they decided to make their own burning dumpster.

Its almost as if Relic decided how the game will play and whether to make good singleplayer or focus on MOBA-multiplayer.

DoW with bigger scale would have been great.

I dropped the fucking beta right after my three squads of marines died instantly to some shitty orbital drop hero unit. That bullshit can fuckoff.

Imagine SupCom 40k or Wargame 40k.

The only reason I bought this regardless of the problems was because I figured it would get a bunch of dlc or expansions that add different factions and introduce new mechanics, eventually resulting in a more well rounded game. After how long they supported all their other games, I guess I was just naive to assume that would happen here as well. I still think this game could have been saved with some changes and a few other factions. Definitely not going to buy any more Warhammer related shit though, It's a tired franchise that has lost most of its charm and appeal by being milked to death with mediocre or shitty games. Between this and the abysmal Warhammer Total War games, I'm over it. Probably won't be buying CoH3 either since I highly doubt Relic learned from this and it will be the same.

That's kind of the problem as well with DoW 3. Units die way too fucking fast and are also super expensive to recruit.