I'm starting to believe the people that initially said this game is a spamfest. What does Cred Forums think so far?

I'm starting to believe the people that initially said this game is a spamfest. What does Cred Forums think so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ6VCx7GTbw
twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/888396566230323200
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-04-the-20-year-old-anatomy-of-a-street-fighter-guide-capcom-still-uses-today
youtube.com/watch?v=3lBYMq8BNS0
youtube.com/watch?v=6YlsMOb9Alc
youtube.com/watch?v=6lGuDTRilKQ
gs95.tumblr.com/
store.steampowered.com/app/574980/Thems_Fightin_Herds/
m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-loses-80-of-its-pc-player-base
clips.
youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Im not sure about low-level play anymore, but basically if you spam you will be punished half way to sunday

*spams block*
*spams combos*
nothin personal kid

>asking Cred Forums about fighting games

It's a fucking Dragonball game. i don't know why people are expecting it to be anything more than a glorified party masher.
>b-but Arcsys
Arcsys made Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden.

If you actually lab it, you can make alot of things extremely safe, while still opening up your opponent, especially with assists.

*gets you in a corner*
*spams blockstring into assists and overheads*

>Blocks your stupidity

It's not so much spam I guess as it is there's hardly any defensive options to deal with the pressure that people have figured out how to do. I'm not a really high rank, only Android, but the way this game plays compared to the beginning fucking sucks. Not only that but it's the same goddamn characters being played every match. Goku Black is the fucking Ryu of this game I swear to God.

>Posts a shittier game
Is that supposed to be an argument?

>b-but Marvel
Every single time.

have you labbed when guard cancel actually punishes instead of doing it randomly?
that helped me out a lot, you can also plink vanish after it to get a conversion
the damage is very low but you get a hard knockdown and put them in the corner so it's worth it imo

>auto combo mash dragon rush spam: the game
>newest guilty gear game will be dumbed down thanks to this game's success
worst timeline

How many other games you know that knocked another out of the market?

uh, slide knockdown*
habit

Marvel knocked itself out of the market.

Do you also believe Battleborn failed because of Overwatch?

The absolute best defensive option is reflect, it knocks back almost every attack but it's difficult to pull off. Your best bet for dealing with pressure is vanishing. Also goku black isn't too hard to deal with if you know that they are always hunting for that 2H

lmao if you're losing to people relying on autocombos, I think you should be looking forward to future games being dumb downed for you

I'm still pretty shit at guard canceling so maybe that's a factor, I have a bad of habit of doing it too late when they decide to re-engage. Lots of people are getting good at countering the vanishes as well with the 2H, so it's not extremely reliable unless they're stuck doing something else and are open.

Reflect kind of seems a little underwhelming to be honest, plenty of times a reflect into an engage can be punished quickly with a simple assist call. In a 1v1 situation though it's a great thing to learn.

well they have to bait vanish to anti air it
it's a decent reversal since it's invincible on frame 3
though i don't think it'll be used much at all once people get better
you can countervanish on reaction if you're doing a normal and put them back in the corner
people just aren't used to reacting to it yet

If it wasn't for DBFZ, people would still be drinking from the liquid shit of Capcom.

They still are since people buy SFV DLCs. MvCI is just trash that not even Capcom wants to support anymore.

I'm still learning neat shit you can do with and during autocombos. Like I didn't know I could special cancel out of Trunks' autocombo after the crossup and it's been catching almost everyone I've done it on.

>Reflect kind of seems a little underwhelming to be honest

Does anyone know how it works frame-wise? Feels like it usually leaves the reflector to a frame disadvantage.

activates on frame 1
has a set animation which is shorter on successful deflect (can't be punished)
so frame advantage will depend on how long the recovery on their move is and how early you defflected

DBFZ is a legit turd though. You learn nothing from playing it.

Haven’t seen anyone autocombo past namekian

I let my nephew who is seven play online and he won 12 times in a row. I asked to see what he was doing and he was just literally spamming square and the shoulder buttons. That’s when I told him he could have the game. It just wasn’t the right type of game for me.

I let my nephew who is seven play online and he won 12 times in a row. I asked to see what he was doing and he was just literally spamming square and the shoulder buttons. That’s when I told him he could have the game. It just wasn’t the right type of game for me.

Too late

Wow he beat earthlings, want me to post the video of an autocombo ranked player in Xrd?

That's how it is these days. Modern fighting games are all considered significantly worse than previous entries.

Not him but I want to see it

Same.

>This is what Capdrones actually believe

>Light Autocombo
>Ends with down laucher to ground slide
>Block, Block, Block Dash Block Block
>Counter Light Light, Med D-Med, Jump, Med D-Fierce, Combo, Ground Slam, Slide Ultra
>Wait, Repeat

Basic Normies: ''This game is so bad, Spamfest etc.''
Me: Nothing personnal user, you're just shit

Enjoy

Someone playing Street Fighter, Tekken or Guilty learns stuff he can apply to other games. DBFZ is so braindead, you don't pick up anything. Playing DBFZ is the equivalent of two retards slapping each other with turds out of their asses.
>hurr durr but im having fuuuun

If they spam without assists, they will die.
However, expect another Blitz-like defensive option and/or dramatic improvement to the push block in the first major revision.

DBZF is probably the funnest fighting game I ever played to just jump in. I don't know if it's kusoge or not, but everyone is playing it right now, so that means something.

Why everytime i fight someone i can literally taste the salt and autism off the screen? people RQing very early or at the end of the fight (in casual mode) or when i ask for a rematch they move the d pad up and down until the last second and then quit...... Tekken 7 never had this level of autism

Well, everyone is also playing Dota, LoL and CoD. They must be good, right?

Probably because Tekken doesn't make you watch 3 characters get bodied for 20 seconds. It's over and done with relatively quickly.

Just go back to your containment thread user.

>Comparing Tekken 7 to DBFZ

Are you okay, user?

Xenoverse migrants that get salty when you beat their Goku Blew with Yammie.

I mean yes, if they have fun, that means a lot of people can potentially have fun too.

What's the matter, triggered by different opinions?

Hold back the tears, m8.

Man i got raped by cell so hard i want to just quit this game for good

DBFZ got me back into GG. Too bad the community of xrd feels so small when it's a way better game than anything capcom.

Casual is so fucking trash in DBFZ for that very reason, I get RQ'd on every fucking time I'm winning. Sucks because sometimes I just don't want the stress that comes with ranked.

If you're in to those genres? Yes. DOTA and LoL are the premier mobashits, and CoD is probably one the best realistic-style modern FPS. Nice attempt at misdirection though.

I will when you stop drinking your soylent.

>playing nigger games

>Android 16
Literally overpowered

See

I was watching a tourney on saturday night, the game seems fine with the exception of Adult Gohan's ridiculous blockstrings and Sparking's regeneration.

is it just a meme or is this really a nigger game?

every fighting game is a nigger game

yup i suck completely at the game but when i play with android 16 i just fuck everyone up with pressing circle up and down

Some niggers love fighting games so he's making the broad statement that since it's a fighter it's for niggers. The funny part is fighting games are on the high IQ side of the gaming genre spectrum so he might not like what he's implying.

It's an alright game but the network problems and god awful player lobbies made me quit the game. Maybe I'll return if they ever fix them.

Neutral is almost non existent, defensive options suck, and the top tier characters are only the ones that can get proper hard knockdown for setplay instead of having your opponent tech upwards and escape after a combo.

At least it's easy to pick up with friends who aren't into fighting games (like my friends who only play smash and drop every other fighting game I recommend to them). I still like GG way more.

I think the fact that this is a fighting game + DBZ makes it reaaaaaly a nigger game

>"Is i-it s-safe to come ou-out? A-are the unga-bunga ooga-booga black Mandingos g-gone yet?"
Stop being a scared pussy user.

Dragon ball z is essential black person on Xbox live/psn core next to NBA 2k and GTA 5

Yeah, 16 is borderline bullshit. Any braindead fuck can pick him up and do 50% combos like they've been playing him for years, can definitely see him getting tweaked.

You're a fucking autist if you think DBZ is more popular with niggers than other races. Everyone grew up with this shit, you fucking autist.

What am I scared of again?

>user walks the street alone
>he see 4 black tall men are walking to him

What is user's reaction?

You guys should play MvCI. It seems like something more up you soy levels.

UNGA is definitely god tier. In going to Unga Bunga with Trunks/16/VegAssist til I lose. Hope a balance patch fixes shit, but the salt is too good

Aight where's the cheapest place to buy a key

here
youtube.com/watch?v=PJ6VCx7GTbw

I can tell from this post you haven't been outside in years

>soy levels
Fuck off you are playing dragon ball you have no right to say anythinhg

Your the cancer killing fighting games.

I'm not the one sucking Capcom off, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Niggers.
One time 5 niggers tried to jump me in sparking lot across from a pizza joint for my iPod (back when they were retardedly expensive). I was scared shitless, but needless to say, I didn't get beat up, and they didn't get my shit because I stood my ground. Helps that I lift, I'm 6'1, an athlete, etc. After that I learned they were pussies, and every time I had a problem with chimps, I just told them to do something, and they'd fuck off. Not even trying to be a hard-ass either.

Nah i've been outside more than you detective

Because matches in Tekken tipically last for 2 minutes while DBZ easily go twice or three times as much, for obvious reasons. Getting bodied for more time, and with multiple characters easily makes people way more butthurt.

You must be a fool then. If you said that during the beta, ok, but everyday since the game has been released new tech is being found and proven how deep this game really is.

>so I have no idea
We know, you made that obvious when you started shouting "soy" like an autistic bird.

Nig Nog's are angsty and insecure as hell, no dad really takes it toll. Like any other group, its not so much the race but the number. I concealed carry tho so it doesnt really matter

Your story sounds made up by the way

lmao nice try capkuk

>saw you fucking niggers defend this shit
>papa capcom tells you that the game is garbage
>all the shills are now gone

Right, but it's all on the offensive side of things. Defense is fucking trash and leaves the person with no momentum with few options.

Welcome to anime fighters.

Based Capcom living in Arckeks heads rent free

Holy shit are you actually defending this game?

Nigger detected

Fun fact: dsp played the game ,rage quit, deleted it, reinstalled it and then rage quit and uninstalled it again

Black people love dragon ball z, and the ones that play vidya will enjoy fighting games usually

Doesn't sound very deep then.

The smartest in the genre to the point even Japs reference them as perfection or "SNK CPU on the hardest settings".
twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/888396566230323200

Thats your opinion and in the end no one's forcing you to play.

There is a reason why people say anime players can't grasp neutral

Most anime fighters are about shifting and controlling offensive pressure, not giving room for the opponent to breathe. In contrast Street Fighter and most 3D fighters are much more about neutral footsies.

No this cant be real

>Made up.
Nah. I'll even give you more details:
>Grab slice of pizza from pizza shop after gym.
>Walk out, and bigger sitting in a booth mumbles something I can't hear due to having headphones.
>Walk across dark parking lot.
>See I'm being flanked. Oh-shit.bmp
>"Hey'yo bro, s'up. Can I see dat' iPod homie? I jus' wanna' check it out."
>Fuck no man. You're not getting my shit.
>*Get kicked in the face from side angle exactly like that scene from Rush Hour*
>Drop my slice of delicious donair pizza and can of rootbeer but otherwise don't budge.
>Fuck.jpg.
>I really wanted that pizza.
>Don't feel the kick because 1. Adrenaline is pumping, or 2. Kick was pussy shit.
>"Is that it? Do better." I taunt.
>He tries to kick again, but I step inside and flatten him with a rear cross—he's out cold.
>2nd nigger laughs at his own friend who was just laid out.
>Waiting to get bum-rushed by the other 4.
>Another pulls a carpenter knife on me.
>"Are you going to cut me for an iPod you might get a hundred bucks for at pawn?"
>Crazy nigger swipes at me with it.
>Dodge twice and back up towards pizza shop as they scoop up their friend.
>Go to pizza shop and call my dad for a ride home.
>Pizza shop guy comes up.
>"Yeah, man... I figured they were going to jump you. I called the cops."
>"Thanks for the heads-up... a little late though."
>He gives me a slice of pizza.
>Too amped up to eat.
>Go home when my dad picks me up.

Also why SF players lack creativity and can't block.

Kind of a cop-out on your part but whatever. I never said the game was shit and not worth playing, but I hope ArcSys does change it up in the defensive side of things.

I wish the game have 1vs1 mode with more health or 2 rounds

Soon

Chris G blocked everything people threw at him this weekend.

Anime players are being utterly outsmarted and dominated by NRS and Capcom

I'm not the person you were arguing about how deep the game was and don't care for your opinion. I got mine and its "its fine, albeit somewhat unbalanced"

See how amazing opinions are? Everyone has one.

Guilty has tons of defensive options since AC+ though? 2 special guards, a counter, and dead angle.

>Blocks your path

Chris G is a much better Marvel player then he is at Street Fighter. His skillset is more suited to DBZF then it is to SF, lmfao.

c'mon bud im just a broke NEET. i'll be working on games and stuff in the future.

It is, first time he rqed because he used a mexican server and obviously the connection was shit ( to nobody's surprise except dsp's) so he got salty and delted the game after too many disconnects. Then he reinstalled it and after getting salty over and over again about "dash and mash" " couldn't react to ahnline " and "this game sucks (aka it sucks because i can't win)", he deleted it again

>ChrisG is conveniently classified as a Street Fighter player
By that logic, then Dogura is a street fighter player. Chris is primarily a Marvel player, and it's no surprise that he can dominate in this game.

So in the end you agree with me, essentially. Keep track of the shit you say rather than trying to act like a guru.

You should only be buying keys if it's for a Capcom game, which you shouldn't even be playing in the first place.

Explain Tatsu beating everyone that isn't Chris G in tournament? He's an SF 08'er who started because of HDR

I guess Kazunoku being a force in SF is an testament to how ez baby mode SF is if we're going to follow your logic.

Chris started with 3S

Explain Kazunoku clinching 3rd at Evo?

You can start with one game and be better at another. Is this the logic we're following?

street fighter 5 sux but AE and turbo are genuinely good games.

also their anatomy refs are gr8

Kazunoko tool years of training with pros and Yun buffs to get good. Dude got bodied by unknown Canadians like 2-3 years after he started playing. He put in around 5-6 years before he won CC, he better be good.

Yes and? DBFZ has less but equally powerful options as well that people still dont use and instead bitch about.

Such as? Reflect is unreliable as fuck and anyone with a brain can read an escape instant transmission.

No I dont. Unbalanced as in character balance, not mechanics balance. The tools/options it has already has are fine and are still being refined since the game is still new.

>sux

Kaz took years of being trained by the best in the franchise.
Tatsu learned on his own and through twitter. Some of his Nappa tech didn't exist until he showed it off.

>He worked hard, and got good, therefore we can discount him as an example (but my example of cross-genre players still applies).
What sort of retard logical bias is this?

How to make a shitty strawman 101.

are you seriously gonna make fun of my typing when we both share the manchild hobby of video games

>SF5 sucks but adding an arcade mode makes it good

He had to relearn basics and learn from better players. Chris, Tatsu, and Sonic are simply rampaging and leading the entire scene.

>Reflect is unreliable as fuck
Acquire proficiency.
>anyone with a brain can read an escape instant transmission
>i can read it, that means its bad
I can also read and even bait every mechanic in GG. Wow, that game has shit mechanics too, go figure.

i meant 4. arcade mode 4 made it pretty solid.

>One time 5 niggers tried to jump me in sparking lot across from a pizza joint for my iPod (back when they were retardedly expensive). I was scared shitless, but needless to say, I didn't get beat up, and they didn't get my shit because I stood my ground. Helps that I lift, I'm 6'1, an athlete, etc. After that I learned they were pussies, and every time I had a problem with chimps, I just told them to do something, and they'd fuck off. Not even trying to be a hard-ass either.
My sides. best story of the day probably. Post more please.

You can put all the retarded qualifiers and ancillary bullshit in you want, but nobody is going to listen to your modified argument.

did u guys get pizza together after hehe

Cred Forums doesn't like fighting games.

Here.

user don't you understand? they're not really fighting. it's all fake.

>spams block
you fucking idiot go play Budokai or something

>Play for the first time in like 2 weeks because Ive been playing MHW
>Get completely bodied by people using nothing but autocombos

How did I get so fucking so fucking quickly

Dont speak for me, bitch.

settle it in smash

deep fighting mechanics that make fucking with a roster that has all the characters on equal enough footing that you can make your dream team. Unlike in MvCi where half the cast is fucking garbage. Do you use Frank West in Marvel? I dont think so

My argument is sound. You're the one crying help from Japan and trying use Kaz as a shield despite him needing years of training to get good. You basically admitted western anime players are garbage.

I explained why Kaz was garbage and how he got good. Quit moving goalposts my little Arckek. Your scene has been dominated day 0.

4 was never a good game

why are you playing ranked...who gives a shit about that AIDS fest just stick to ring match. Ranked is plagued with casuals even on high levels

Why do you babies quit when I destroy your whole team as Yamcha, EVERYTIME

the "yessss, marvel is ded, smash-a-mom and thicc azns" rkappa spam continues on Cred Forums
>If it wasn't for DBFZ, people would still be drinking from the liquid shit of Capcom.
While sf5 is still the better game... Face it, people like marvel but like to shit on capcom even more.

>deep fighting mechanics

Homogenity isn't deep and it makes faults more pronounce and characters overall less interesting. You don't see Krillin ever in tournaments.

>guy that goes to far end in screen just to counter
It's so boring playing you guys

Ranked is one of the only modes that somewhat works. Ring match had been broken for weeks

>Delay netcode

This might be the most retarded post I've ever seen

Rind match right now is the only mode that still works even if you get kicked out of the lobby. That is if you manage to get into one.

>tfw all the characters I wanted to play before release are as fun as I hoped for
fuck yes. Been rocking Tien/Fat Buu/Gotenks day one and haven't been disappointed once. Also no one plays the two of the latter so they never block the gimmicks

Who gives a shit if you dont see Krillin in tournaments that's because the character has flaws. At least you might see him at a BIG tournament like Combo Breaker or something. Lets look at Marvel though.....why in every iteration of that fucking series do they make Ryu fucking trash? Or once again I bring up ugly as fuck Frank West in Infinite the character literally isnt viable even a little fucking bit.

> Do you use Frank West in Marvel? I dont think so

What? Frank was strong as fuck in UMvC3.

youre one of those people who think others give a shit about their rank and then go to a tournament and get bodied because you spend zero time in the lab

Socal Regionals featured every character and it wasn't a huge MvCI tournament

>mfw people say Fat Buu is bad
The ragequits never get old.

Marvel fucking Infinite is what we're talking about. Half the cast in that game is fucking shit...its like the people at Capcom have no idea what they are doing same with SF V. And then you have Dragonball which is a game that has easy to understand health bar regen and other mechanics made by competent video game devs who give a fuck. There literally are no bad Guilty Gear characters and there are no inherently terrible not even useful DBZ characters,

I think fighting games should never be discussed on Cred Forums because most of the people who hype these games stops playing them immediately.

I almost never lost any of my games in the short time I played it, the point is these garbage mechanics exist and will continue to exist in future fighting games which is why I stopped playing.
I don't give a fuck about winning I want the game to be good.

Did you not read my reasoning behind playing ranked you dense motherfucker?
Also loling at "lab" when it's far more important to have match experience and develop a strong neutral game especially early in a game's life.

Yeah, why would people discuss video games on Cred Forums? Laughable.

Cred Forums doesn't discuss shit.

Like I wouldn't say that any character in this game is bad, just some are a lot easier to play and are just better than others
>it's another Cell with Vegeta assist episode
fucking kill me

Sux being you bro

>Do you use Frank West?
I sure do, he's so fun play in both Marvel games I just can't help but use him

>its a Cell/Goku Black team episode
People need to branch out.

Because they are not really discussing it. They just hype up shit with speculations coming out of their asses and never actually play the games they are hyping up while shitting on other games of the genre. Then the next game is announced and the cycle begins again

If people liked Capcom, than why isn't it at EVO?

>Cred Forums is one person

>They

Your argument is some peripheral side-bullshit argument that's sole purpose is to dilute the point, and you won't get away with that on me even if it works on idiots like you. All that matters is Kazunoku dominates international SF while a SF and chiefly Marvel player do well nationally. If anything your examples hold less merit until Evo and ARC, and that's only if they can post results on a large international stage.

Vanish really needs to be negative on block in basically any circumstance. That's my biggest complaint with the mechanics, to be honest.

Actually pretty much everyone is playable in MvCI, except Thor, and Ryu.

Alright, its goku blue and goku blwck episode

1000% true story

2H it my man.

Goku Black wouldn't be a problem with me if he wasn't in literally every fucking match. I'm so goddamn sick of seeing his gay as fuck super.

>They

Learn to read

Im actually surprised how little I see cell in the 300,000+ BP range. It's mostly Goku Blacks and 16's. Then people add their own shit like Trunks, Majin 21, 18, or Adult Gohan

>Stop playing the best characters

Where's this from?

Black isn't even one of the best characters. He's a little bit behind characters like Cell, 16 and Kid Buu. Still a great character though, strong enough to be played in any position on a team.

Hey, people can play whoever they want. I'm just sick of seeing Goku Black every match.

Your argument is weak as hell. Kazunoko became a dedicated SF player. He dropped GG for years to play SF. Western players like Shizza made faster progress than Kazunoko did. Players like Chris, Sonic, or Tatsu are still playing their main games and dominating the anime scene. You can cry Japan all you want, but the fact is outsiders with no help are buttraping you free

>dbfz
>deep fighting mechanics

Christ is this your first fighting game?

You keep bringing in extra bullshit user. You're going to have to learn to argue proper one of these days. All that matters is results, and Kazunoku posts them. How he got there is irrelevant and resorting to that is a cheap trick.

>tfw +600k
>the best player I face daily is Cell, SS Goku and SS Vegeta player who gets a 70% combo on every hit confirm with Cell
FUCK

hey man u're really hurtin my feelings

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-04-the-20-year-old-anatomy-of-a-street-fighter-guide-capcom-still-uses-today
have fun!

1. You dun goofed
2. Reading comprehension

>Links a media article instead of the source
Found it, thanks user.
This shit is how Eventhubs cannibalized Sonichurricane btw.

Manchilds

I don't know what the fuck it is but SS Vegeta just pisses me the fuck off. He seems just so goddamn combo-happy compared to everyone else, every time I get confirmed by him I just have to say goodbye to 50% of my health bar.

i thought the article was worth posting since it gave backstory as to what it was since the actual page was in japanese

what the heck is sonichurricane? a furry?

Isn't that every hyper fighter?

He produced this youtube.com/watch?v=3lBYMq8BNS0

He used to make combo videos like this and find ways to break the systems in recent games when fighting games blew up. But like what you just did by linking to a news site, Eventhubs blew up in popularity and just cannibilized content from other creators.
Eventually no one even went to his website or even to his actual channel and he stopped altogether because Eventhubs just gimped his ad revenue and bled him out over time.

I even predicted Yang/Yun as a new character by drawing over the blurry "secret" images of them and posted on Cred Forums, next day some user fag uploaded my stuff to Eventhubs and took credit so I just stopped going there too.

if its a spamfest, that means youre playing at a low level. if youre spamming at low levels, whats the problem? it was designed for scrubs like you to have fun with. no one is spamming at high levels. if you care, raise your rank.

its a genius game that has all levels of play: scrubby spamming to ultra high execution where even evo winners drop shit constantly

>lythero's dumb little joke poll made an EH article
>Article actually managed to get some dragonballfags mad

dang that sounds pretty bad. i wonder if the same thing happens to DESK

also gimme your art blog

Nah, he's still around.

so he is
youtube.com/watch?v=6YlsMOb9Alc

I would but I don't actually draw SF fan art, just cartoons.

I knew there was something off with Cell's design in this game. Now I see it. Its like they gave Cell a haircuit. His helmet's boundaries around his neck should be a lot more thicker.

>Neutral is almost non existent
high-level play is long periods of neutral punctuated by high-damage conversions, neutral is only nonexistent if one or both players are homing dash spamming retards
>Defensive options suck
Reflect is frame 1, vanish is frame 2, alpha counters are fucking great
> the top tier characters are only the ones that can get proper hard knockdown for setplay
Literally everyone can sliding knockdown into blockstrings.

git gud faggot

Not to mention 2H is practically completely frame invincible on aerial moves (including teleport, hint hint).

I hate Cell and Vegeta players. Make one mistake and 50-70% of the bar is gone. At least I know how to counter Goku Black though. Just don't super dash to him and he's dead.

that's fine, i don't draw sf fanart either.

>Neutral is almost non existent

I experienced a lot of neutral gameplay yesterday with some high level players. Play ranked more.

Was it just bad gameplay or did MCU just kill the charm of MvC off?

>plays 21
>has no sliding knockdown, unless I use her air level 3 for hard knockdown or goku blue assist

Neutral is definitely a thing in dbfz, dude. It's just extremely fucking fast.

It is non-existent in the low ranks, however, mainly because it's filled to the brim with super dash spammers.

DBFZ will be at Evo. Who wins?

My money is on Justin Wong.

> no ss3

chrisg or sonicfox
although I like an underdog to get into the top 8

Wouldn't the whole top8 just be Japanese?

trade? slhonesketch

Sonicfox as much as I hate to admit, hardly anyone can deal with Hit at that level. The pressure and crossups he can put on people is just absolute fucking insanity. There is no escape no matter where you are on the screen.

I'm excited to see the Japs play, though, I've been watching some of the combos their pros are pulling off (especially with Cell) and it's equally just as fucking nuts.

FINAL FLAAAAASH
youtube.com/watch?v=6lGuDTRilKQ

What do you do against this except 2H
I am good enough to play neutral in rev2. To be honest I don't know how to combo in matches so I basically win just through neutral.
I get mowed down by scrubs SD like no tomorrow. And I am to stupid to know what to do.
Also I feel quite uneasy in DBFZ since everyones limbs are super short, so I have no idea how to approach enemies

Yeah I just looked it up. It seems anime design was a bit off and fighterZ is truer to manga design.

neither, but moreso the latter

horrible graphics, horrible roster, horrible sound design

Your best bet is waiting for the 2H which is admittedly boring, but necessary especially if they continuously do it from the air. Blocking the initial hit and then reflecting their follow ups (assuming they do) then calling out an assist is good too. If all else fails, try and beat them at their own game or vanish when you see an opening.

gs95.tumblr.com/
im just a beginner. im not really into your subject matter but your gestures and forms are really great. the one sketch with the 2 characters with the trees is particularly nice.

sonic fox or chris g or a japanese dude like dogura or goichi

Your stuff looks good too, good move on using ink for flow. Using graphite will be much easier when you do, good anatomy.

This is probably the truest story that has ever been posted anywhere in any media ever

Marvel had numbers like that before DBFZ

found the block spammers

user its because you play either

>Android 16
>Adult Gohan
>Goku Black

All kidding aside no matter win or lose i never give android 16 players a rematch

ChrisG was initially a Smasher tho.

if you knew anything about fighting games you'd realize how stupid your comment is. Blockstrings, guard cancels, instant air dashes, delayed wake ups, reversals, etc. aren't exclusive to DBFZ. But because you're a brainlet pretending to know shit......

Yes. That's a terrible and lazy habit. Learn to spell and speak both correctly and well, you god damn faggot

DBFZ got more depth than SFV and Injustice 2 combined. Also has much better balance than UMC3 or MVCi.

>getting this bootyblasted over getting owned by a character
the ironing

Is sonicfox the only one posting tiers? I personally disagree with his but I still think every character is viable considering the team aspects. I also wonder if the dlc is going to majorly shake up the current tiers and meta. Bardock or broly being a hard counter to blacks and 16s would really cause lots of butthurt and switching.

Also they better add new stages with the dlc. I want the ice caps and time chamber to fight in.

So fucking gross

Objectively smash tier button mashing party game for kids.

t. never played the game before

Level 0
>What the fuck just 4 buttons is this a baby game? Holy shit why I can't do anything while they keep attacking me. Fucking spammers!

Level 1
>Oh shit super dash lets one be constantly on the offense? What a shitty way to balance the game. Stop mashing buttons!

Level 2
>Oh shit super dash isn't safe? Oh shit character change on neutral isn't safe? They can be punished?

Level 3
>????

I don't know if I'm qualified enough to quantify tiers of shittiness beyond this.

The art in the anime could vary wildly because of the different animation supervisors having different styles.

If you don't have a pink square next to your name in lobbies then your opinion LITERALLY doesn't matter

and even then you're probably still shit

Adult Gohan with assists is a monster far above Hit or any other character in the game. He can literally make you block the entire game, and you will get hit eventually. His high/low mixup game is stupidly strong.

How do I break the barrier in orange square? Every time I play them I get utterly destroyed

game is trash

super dash is safe though

If you can predict when the 6M comes, you can jab or deflect out of the blockstring. That is if it's done without an assist of course. If you go after the 6M and they go for the OP two-hit 5L after 6M, some 2Ls trade with it. I'm unsure if some actually beat it though.

>super dash is safe
>multitude of attacks from every character break super dash and can set up a combo
lol

DBFZ is baby's first marvel

Say that to my uppercut and see what happens

Will people finally admit SFV is good now?

that's not what safe means. Safe does not mean uninterruptible.

>407329689

Y'all niggas are pretty much saying's bison's sf4 light scizzor kick is unsafe because you can interrupt it. That's not what safe/unsafe means

Kek

No. Sfv wouldn't even be talked about if it wasn't for the sake of it being sf.

lol, how can you say that game is good? It has nothing to offer besides ESPORTS

what do you think Arc should do to make DBFZ less spamgame?

It's fun to play and fun to watch, both qualities DBFZ is lacking. Plus, there is no finesse in DBFZ. Even the combos require no execution whatsoever.

>Punishes opponent's rush with down + heavy
>Win 95% of the matches
The fanbase is just plain retarded

I play ginyu and I can tell you that there is stuff to discover and much more difficult things to execute than SFV. Unless you think heavy button v-trigger medium medium special move is high execution. Are people really saying that SFV is a finesse game now?

>sfv player in charge of saying another game requires no execution
LUL

I guess I should've been more clear while making the tier list. I didn't mean safe *on block*.

Wow a Goku Black spending games 2H hunting, color me surprised.

>DBFZ players in charge of reading comprehension
kek

>tfw you beat up goku black a 100 times every day it's getting sad at this point and i'm starting to play less
kids get beat up, try to do something back and get slapped by 17, they can't handle 17.
it's soooo easy, and whenever i miss a punch you just call in 17 mid air because you know they're panicking so much they're just spamming useless attacks on ground level like scared children
last few fights i've won i just used l/m combo's and dashing, maybe 1 super here or there but no loss, it's rare to lose even a char....derp

If you're arguing in favor of SFV and you base that on DBFZ not having any execution, you're implying SFV requires high execution. Which it obviously doesn't. Most people in dbfz do play the low execution characters, but that's how it is with every fighting game.

What I was meaning by "safe" was a more universal thing. As in there would be no disadvantages to approach the enemy this way instead of others. And to add to that super dash is negative on block. It trades momentum at the very least.

there's no such thing as a high execution character in dbfz.

Gohan doesn't need to risk 6M to open you up, that's why he's so good. Instead, he does 2H into H Legs, which is plus by itself, but he can come down with another normal in the air, hitting you with a high, or just land and do 5L, hitting you with a low. And with a good lockdown assist like Vegeta's, he can jump and go for a high, or use his absurd j.2S fast fall to come down and do 5L for a low. Meanwhile, you're in a minute long blockstring, having to guess multiple times. If you guess wrong, you lose 50% and you're right back to the same situation.
A.Gohan will be in everyone's team come EVO, bet on it.

>you're implying SFV requires high execution
No, that's just your retarded conclusion. I'm directly stating that SFV merely requires comparatively higher execution than DBFZ. You can't dispute this without showing you're a braindead fantard.

trunks, ginyu

>It trades momentum at the very least.
Very arguable with how super dash pushes you out on block, often times the dude who super dash'd will counterhit the other dude because of the spacing made from the blocked super dash. Only characters with long L like 16 can really do something about it.

None of those are high execution. Ginyu is unorthodox and Trunk is baby's first mixup character.

god I hope that faggot sonic fox doesn't get it. He is the definition of a fag, mental illness shouldn't be promoted

>fun to play
Kek. There's nothing rewarding about sfv at all and even less depth than dbfz or almost any fighter out right now really.
>fun to watch
If you're only watching pros maybe. Even then its really hard to sit through some sets depending on the match up and players.
>execution and combos
These things are terrible to judge a fighter on unless it was purposely meant to be hard or combo flashy. Which sfv is definitely not going for and even if it was it has failed miserably. Dbfz might be simple but there's still hard combos and flashy ones to boot. Not to mention you can go for more than just damage and not feel like you sold yourself short unlike most sfv combos.

.>high execution=skill

Spoken like a true scrub

It's a pretty character specific case for sure. Some have faster air L's, some have faster ground L's, the dasher might be high or low, which makes 2H either viable or too slow from the defender's viewpoint etc.

Squares mean literally nothing. A pink square scrub I played yesterday was only doing 2H and mashing various projectiles from afar. Even had 16 on his team and he still got baited into those 2Hs so hard.

Easiest wins of my life.

>nearly 50k players at release
>only 4k players not even one month later
DBFZ is dying faster than the white race. LUL

>want to git gud
>can't git gud

That's because you only need 10 consecutive wins against someone of the same color, it's easy to boost yourself up even if you have no skill

It's not my fault people have never played fighting games before and have no idea what punishing means

What are some actually good defensive options? How does reflect even work? I really dont like having to spend meter just to try to get out of the corner.

I will eat Blacks all day if that means i won't have to ever look at A.Gohan and his retarded pressure ever again
>Jab is 2 hits and the first one is low while also moving him a whole tile forward
Fucking amazing.

Exactly. You can even get to pink from going in a ring match and set it up with a friend so you get easy wins.

Got a steam friends who was blue in the lobby to see what would happen and he was also beating him. Squares are for brainlets.

Why H legs? Did you mean M legs?

> I really dont like having to spend meter just to try to get out of the corner.

The absolute state of 16ers

No, it's not, but it is your fault for being a homo. Not hating, just stating the facts.

H kicks which require meter when done from a blocked 2H results in a true blockstring where you can do 2H>H kicks>air jabs on your way down and the opponent is literally unable to do anything about it, cant even mash lvl3 or vanish or anything. Thats the idea behind a true blockstring. From there on after you're conditioned to block this sequence the mindgames start.

What's wrong with Goku black?

people say he is toptier
he is not

No one on Cred Forums can play fighting games except for a small percentage.
You're all casual, and fighting games expose the hell out of shitposters and people who can actually play games

git gud

I want to but I don't know how

>he plays fighting games on PC
what a fucking fool, no one cares about fighting games on PC
Your own fault

He's just fun to play imo
Beats the hell out of people playing Kid bu
I personally enjoy playing Frieza much more much to my surprise

He is though, don't pretend like he's not.

Exactly, and since normals on block build meter, A. Gohan with a few bars and assists can keep going for a very, very long time. I haven't seen anyone last more than a minute blocking, but with 4-5 bars, I think he could go for a 2+ minutes.

>he pays twice to play online

>implying it's any different on consoles
KEK

Everyone uses him, it's pretty annoying after awhile

For a brand game like dragonball that is on every walmart's shelves? Yes. For a no-name anime game you can only buy physically on amazon like Guilty Gear? going to be similar.

>He doesn't make enough money to not care about what he spends on things he likes
fucking kek go ask mommy for more allowance
>being this fucking ignorant
It's a well known fact that fighting games are treated like shit on PC.
You simply don't know that because of ignorance.

Neutral was the majority of higher level play

Yes goyim, if you have the money why don't pay twice for everything? You can afford it after all!

>It's a well known fact
Prove it's different then.

You can't.

He's top tier.

Asians don't actually monopolize most fighters like they do most esports

my biggest gripe with the game is that the best option at any point in time is always trying to get in and be on offense, there is no advantage to sitting back and waiting to react to your opponent

Do you know how many losses it takes to rank down in color? And do you de-rank faster when losing to players of colors way beneath you? Like, would a pink player lose rank fast vs a gray player as opposed to an orange player?

go back to street fighter, arcsys fighters always were offense oriented.

The reality you live in is different than mine, I don't have to think twice about spending money therefore I don't care about your shitty values when it comes to saving. Save your mindset for poor people like yourself. Don't reply if you can't understand.
lol the FGC is mainly on console, companies have severely botched PC releases when it came to games, MKX was actually ignored when it came to updates for the longest time.. It is not a good platform for fighitng games, for everything else it's the best.

then it's not spamming is it now

At least MvC:I has better online.
I don't know how the online could be THIS bad

>lol the FGC is mainly on console
The FGC is also a relatively small part of the playerbase, so it's not really an argument. Plus, a lot of FGC figureheads are playing on PC now.

Do you guys have the game? I could teach you some stuff

I'm sure many people would but not even sfv is that type of game anymore. Right now there isn't really any fighter that rewards patience as much as rush down.

As a pink player, I haven't ever dropped in rank.
I do ring party matches a lot and I lose from time to time and my rank still hasn't dropped.
My ranked match record is 200-29.
I lose casual matches too since I've grown really addicted to getting dramatic scene finishes.

All the animu fighter players I know who looked forward to this are finally showing some regret.

Took them long enough.

>not even sfv is that type of game anymore
What rank are you? I'm an aggressive Super Plat and I'm getting lamed out all the fucking time.

> tfw facing a good krillin
god what a nightmare after image mix ups are basically a free 50 50 mix combo mix up.

The best defense tool, even better than Reflect, is something you can only do when you are down to one character.
The Emergency Guard Cancel in which you to tag in a partner while blocking becomes a true Alpha Counter when you are alone. Your character spends a bar to Vanish and uses a 5H behind the opponent.

Few to no ways to follow up on it however, it's just the better and only way to escape from block pressure besides the Z-Change Guard Cancel which can just cause your incoming character to get hit.
It's great but few people ever use it because they're so conditioned to not use the version that swaps characters only to have a happy birthday.

the game can be offensively oriented but still give the option to play more balanced/defensively
all the game needs is wavedashing and then you'd be allowed to use movement more precisely for defense

Anyone could tell the casual playerbase was going to be on console though.
Also it depends on what they're using for tournaments because in order to get ready they usually practice on the platform they've chosen for said tourney.
I know they've used PC recently for some, has it been decided for DB yet in EVO?

Just make dragon rush negetive on block

>making a grab negative on block
also superdash is already minus on block

It works both ways I think, I've never ranked down but from what I've seen it keeps a constant record. +10 against your color you go up, -10 against your color you go down. I don't think you can lose your level if you fight someone of a different square

>the game can be offensively oriented but still give the option to play more balanced/defensively

It's already the most defense friendly arcsys fighter they made yet. Shit like wakeup reflect would have cost 50% tension in GG. Back to street fighter with you.

Probably not since consoles are cheaper and easier to set up.

Steam numbers, although not entirely representative of the consoles userbase, represent a trend and unless you can give me solid proof of this trend being different, it's fair assuming the console playerbase drops just as hard. Especially considering you need to pay extra just to access multiplayer.

>tfw do two Kamehamehas back to back
>They fall for it.

Anybody that falls for that deserves whatever coming to them. I expect to be severely punished for my stupidity and they don't take advantage of that.

Could you just super dash into that? It's pretty useful and all but it kind of only reinforces the poor defensive options if it's impossible for a follow up. You're right back to a re-engage risky situation.

you probably meant super dash but I'm mostly fine wth how super dash is right now
as is it's a gamble to use against someone on the ground because they can just 2h you, what I don't like about it is how if both players neutral/back jump then you're both obligated to super dash because it beats every other option and gets you in for free

My bad super dash.
And it's not negetive enough. Every character should be able to punish it and not just black and freiza

>grappler is OP
legit just dash away lmao

Why not just follow up with a super? Seems like the perfect game ending turn around move

Stopping a true blockstring safely (unlike v-reversal) is already super good. Giving you a free followup would be retarded.

Superdash being a free punish on block would make the game play terribly. Giving up your turn is enough (-2). The problem is the pushblock spacing giving the super-dash character the momentum back if they both press L depending on the characters.

Lamed out as who? The only ones even capable of that right now is menat and guile, and maybe rashid and sim depending on your character.

I won't deny that numbers dropped, but definitely not as low as PC's.
4k is just too little, I bet my left ball that console has better numbers right now. People buy consoles usually already take into account paying for online, I don't think that's an extremely big deterrent, not to drop numbers by 40k
Shit adds up I guess, from what I've seen the game has a steady couple months ahead of it though.

It already is a free punish for black and frieza

Play a real fighter instead

store.steampowered.com/app/574980/Thems_Fightin_Herds/

HELP ME

I'm in training right now and I found out you can call Gotenks' assist to instantly trap the enemy after Buus Ground Pound special.
But it seems that I lose my superdash and can't really combo after the assist.
Why is that and is there any way to make something out of it? It looks really cool

I thought superdash was minus 2? How minus is it exactly. You sure you don't mean a clean punish if they both press a button?

I'm pretty offended you posted this, man.

yes it's 100% spam. defensive options are nonexistant. the parry does fuck all and is punishable/easy to bait. point blank pursuit and throw can't be reacted too, everything is same with a million mixups.

If you block against anyone decent you will take damage. It's stupid, the game need meterless reversals and the ability to do alpha counters while you still have characters, along with other things. Some stuff seems reasonable until you realize you can just throw in an assist to make it safe and a better mixcup.

Lamed out as Juri and Akuma by Menat, Guile, Rashid, Dhalsim, FANG, backwards moving Ryus and Vegas. It's actually very simple: they gain the health advantage and sit back. Or in Vegas and Dhalsim's cases, use long range normals.

Looks fun, but I'll never play a mlp game. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

When are they going to fix the shitty online?

No it wouldn't. Superdash shouldn't even be usable outside of combos if it wasn't for beam supers.

Get rid of light chains on the ground, a way to get out of blockstun, nerf the duration of sparking and nerf the fuck of of pursuit and you might have a playable game.

Why would anyone who isn't a drooling brony wanna play this

Airdashes are too short in this game, they are like half the length of GG air dashes approaches would take forever. You already can't superdash in neutral because of 2H giving you a free unscaled combo. Superdash on block being a free punish too would be too much.

You can't combo into it in any fashion. It is just a tool that lets you get out of pressure and return to neutral as long as you have a bar.

Depending on when and where the opponent wakes up (they can recover at the apex of the kick's soft launch or will automatically recover just as they touch the ground), you can chase them down. You're often in a more advantageous spot after you counter, but the opponent can recover in any direction and can at least put up their guard before you can approach with anything so the way to follow up is contextual.

BEST POINT CHARACTERS:
>Android 18
>Cell
>Adult Gohan
>Hit

BEST MIDDLE CHARACTERS:
>Trunks
>Goku

BEST ANCHOR CHARACTERS:
>Tien
>Frieza
>Vegeta

BEST ANYWHERE CHARACTERS:
>Goku Black
>Android 16
>Kid Buu

If you don't play in the order according to this list, your team is officially shit, don't bother playing ranked.

>Tfw not autistic enough to be good at fighting games

I'm not arguing it should be punishable on block i'm arguing it should be removed from the game outside of combos. It's only non-scumbag use is punishing projectiles meterless. it's a poorly designed mechanic, just like the light chains and sparking.

S-STOP IT!!!!!! THIS GAME WAS MEANT TO FAIL!!!!!! M-MARVELVSCAPCOM IS THE SUPERIOR GAME!!!!!

Nah you're just lazy. No one got a free pass on getting gud at fighters.

I'll keep my two point characters till Broly's out, so fuck you

>that image

Any where that's not full screen super dash becomes incredibly hard to react to.

Broly on point
Broly in the middle
Broly as anchor

the game is pretty boring though. Probably going back to goober gears next week or so.

it's also broken if you are in the air, hard to punish it and you can only get a single unrewarding hit if you do. If someone jumps you can just superdash into them for free unless they are spamming air dash heavy.

Well I enjoy the rage quits using my shit team then.

m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/13/dragon-ball-fighterz-loses-80-of-its-pc-player-base

Goku Blue on Point
Goku Yellow on Mid
Goku Black on Anchor

You never played them to begin with shitposter

post your ToD video

Air down H2 should be invincible to super dashes

punishable if done at close range
give up your turn if done at medium range
positive on block if done at long range (you should have 2H that)

How does that sound? Kinda the same idea as most sliding normals in fighters.

Broken tier
Nigger goku,
adult gohan

Overpowered tier
Kidbuu
Cell
Hit

High tier
Goku
Freiza
yamcha

Mid tier
Beerus
Tien
piccolo
Vegeta
trunks

Low tier
Ginyu
Nappa
Gotenks
teen gohan
fat buu
goku blue
vegeta blue
krillian

(that's for ground super dashes, air super dash should have a worst hitbox so its actually interruptible in the air)

That's fine

>confusing skill with strategy

found the 09er/16er

>16 and cell are overpowered in your eyes
I needed a good laugh, 2/10 for making me reply though.

>Broken Tier
>Goku Black

>Anyone above 16 and Cell

They are overpowered objectively.

not the same guy but theyre the best characters in the game right now though, user

Found the nigger goku abuser.

>Broken Tier
>Nigger Goku
lol he's high tier at best. He's got great tools but he's super predictable

Broken tier doesn't necessarily mean top tier. Kid buu and hit are borderline broken tier. Cell is the strongest and most honest character for his power.

bruh i don't even play goku black
he's not OP he's just super ez to use

he's barely hard at all to counter, git gud

For akuma you can use your v skill against sim and rashid surprisingly well against their projectiles. It recovers before rashid can do his kick so he actually has to move in if he wants to capitalize on damage and not give you free meter. For sim they like to do fireball into teleports or just mash a heavy button before dashing in and it works well there too. You can vskill the fireball into kick to beat his teleport if you're good with the timing. Or if you know they'd rather hit a button you can v skill too but the timing is going to be much harder and you might end up getting a trade. For vega you just have to lame him out instead of trying to space normals. Stay all the way back so he can't v skill slash. The only button worth trying to space against vega as akuma is probably chp and even then only do that when they get annoyed by your fireballs.

Guile and menat are bullshit and no one knows what to do. Just do random fireballs and tatsus til you get in really and hope for the best. Same for fang really. He's such an anomaly to really counter on the fly. Although much like sim you can trade with your v skill which will hopefully make him stop throwing poison balls. Ryus you should already know how to fight by platinum though. His denjin is buffed but still really shitty as a trigger. Any jump in fireball will make them turtle up especially if you time it right so they cant just dp through it or trade. If you did a bad jump and know and know they might dp you might be able to save yourself or trade with ex air fireball.

For juri advice do what infiltration does. Play menat instead and hope she gets the final nudge she needs to be decent. Juri got buffed a lot and is no longer the worst of the worst but she still doesn't compare to the rest. I also mostly play akuma and alex so I can't do much there anyway. If it makes you feel any better I usually lose to juris so you probably forward throw looped me to death at some point yourself.

Alright i'll bite again, what's so "overpowered" about them?

But Goku Black is miles better than 16? Cell is good but he can easily be countered.

seeseeIf you use nigger goku kill yourself. underage spic tierwhores.

>Hit is OP

You have to pretty fucking technical in order to play a high level Hit, you're just shit.

Actually online is irrelevant. Only offline shows actual skill

>you have to be really technical to spam safe side to side mixups and full screen counters

lmao

you sound upset, are the baby 2H-spamming blacks destroying you THAT hard? it's okay user, I believe that one day you'll learn how to bait and punish. You can do it!

HAHAHAHAHA

>are the baby 2H-spamming blacks destroying you THAT hard?

no because I don't play Nigger goku users, I just leave the match before it starts.

> Krillin is the worst character in the game.
Fucking kek

The tiers are not in order at all. They are just grouped by category.

Ayy sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I was just trying to say that SFV is surprisingly defensive at certain levels, not that I'm completely free to that playstyle.

Funnily enough, I have a far easier time dealing with zoners playing as Juri. Her last couple of matches against Guiles, Sims and FANGs were all straight Ws.

why the fuck are people still obsessing about goku black
hes a really good all rounder but cell does everything like 20x better than him, only thing that gives black an edge is his good assist

but theres way better chars

Nope, nigger goku is broken faggot and you get blacklisted if you use him.

(most) of Cred Forums is shit at videogames
goku black is one of the easiest characters in the game to play

you figure it out from there

He's top tier AND easiest to use out of the characters that are at that tier level. Which leads him to being overused.

You can block after your super dash is blocked. Also, it really depends on the direction you're super dashing from and the character you're super dashing against.

Characters with long horizontal 2Hs will be able to punish after blocked super dashes from full screen, but those with mostly vertical 2Hs will only be able to punish those coming from mostly above.

The most scumbag possible team is Gokublack, adult gohan and kid buu. And it's very common. thankfully tier whores tierwhore to compensate for their lack of skill, so it's almost manageable.

why is everything so babb in this game?
they could buff general mobility and give moves some actual range so that you can actually play something resembling neutral.

Goku Black is the one of the easiest characters to use, that's why. With cell you need at least a little skill to get those big combos

the most scumbag team is cell/a.gohan/vegeta

there's a reason no top fighting game players are still playing this.

and before you say anything, sonicfox only wins in shit games with no good competition.

>high tier
>Yamcha

lmao yeah okay dude

>Most Scumbag teams
>No 16 in sight

What does SSGoku do better than Goku Black?

>he doesn't know about his instant heavy pressure that can't be 2H
>he doesn't know about his abuseable assist

Super Dash is just -2 on block. If it ends low enough, the dasher who got blocked can land, throw in a light and it beats the 2H unless the 2Her has a retarded hitbox.

I was worried about the auto combos originally, but they do piss poor damage and can't be combo'd into supers. The one reason to do them is to go for Shenron, and even then you could waste all your time doing it just to have the opponent steal it from you.

Pick up Hit and get to the high ranks with him then, faggot. I guarantee you'll be smashing a lot of inputs to put in the work, he is definitely not a lazy man's character, but is absolutely dominating when played right.

I can't think of a fighting game that rewards such mindless play as this game. That's probably how I would put it. Just about every single thing you do in this game is ridiculously safe or can be made incredibly safe quite easily. As others have mentioned, while there are a couple of defensive options they are pretty damn weak compared to how strong RTSD is in dbfz.

Combos are also piss easy because you only need to worry about hit confirming, not take into account distance. Just about every ground normal in this game moves you forward. 5h, 2h and j.2h all correct for you with the superdash. And even between all that if you were somehow able to fuck it up? The autocombos first 2 hits in the air literally correct your height and distance.

So I wouldn't necessarily call it a spamfest. You'll still get blown up for spamming stupid shit like any other game. But it's not punishing at all for being mindless or even autopiloting. There simply should be more unsafe shit in the game. I feel really bad for anyone whose first experience with fighting games is DBFZ. They are going to have a miserable time if they want to play any other fightan. The terrible habits that this game breeds, even at an intermediate/high level are going to be tough to overcome.

it's still fun

>Justin Wong not a top player
>Chris G not a top player
>ApologyMan not a top player
>LordKnight not a top player
>Cloud805 not a top player
>Kazunoko not a top player
>GO1 not a top player

I could go on. What the fuck are you even talking about lmao

Do you seriously believe that?
His 6k combo is extremely easy, at least Black has optimization with his lvl 1 loops.
A.Gohan is the true patrician top tier, he's very strong but has tons of character specific combos and situations

He's a broken character that is going to be nerfed. I on't play super characters because i'm not underage.

He isn't technical at all. He's a spam and turtle character.

>no top players
Last time I checked almost all of the mvc playerbase was on dbfz. People like cloud and chris g openly shit on mvci and stream dbfz. Even the shill fchamp switched over. There are way more people than just the furry and I agree with your assessment on him that he bails when competition gets too large or too smart.

>people who only win at kusoge

besides g01 and kaz your list is trash

You probably don't even know how to do what Hits do to you. Turtle? You're a dumbfuck.

>instant heavy pressure that can't be 2H
Oh did you mean his wolf fang fist which can literally be OSed or mashed out of no matter what option Yamcha chooses to do?

>his abuseable assist
His assist is literally the only good part about him and even that isn't that great, Vegeta's assist or a beam assist are both better for applying pressure.

Yamcha has shit damage, shit mixups, S H I T footsie tools/normals, shit okizeme, and no real answer to any character who can zone even a little bit.

I PLAY YAMCHA and even I know how shit this character is.

None of them play DBFZ seriously. Think of it as a diversion.

Cell requires more effort to open up an opponent, which is half the work to getting a successful combo going. Black has a variety of tools that are we easier to edge in. of course I agree A.Gohan is one of the best characters I know that cause I use him

lmfao you literally just agreed with me that top players do play DBFZ

thanks I guess???

>Oh did you mean his wolf fang fist

no retard. I mean his instant heavy, the jumping full body length kick like I said. He's high tier because he can pressure for free, and because his assist makes everything safe and a mixup for most characters.

>I play yamcha

you are shit.

There's no real defense to the endless string of rushdown.

Get ON TOP OF your opponent and STAY THERE for easy wins.

Imagine being so hispanic you play hit and are insecure that he is broken and braindead because you don't want to be seen as underage and a fraud.

So the real challenge is not to 2H on reaction after blocking a super dash. Honestly, that gets me punished a lot. Either preemptively 2H the super dash or block and never 2H.

Alternatively, i think sometimes with some characters you can do 5H as a punish after blocking a super dash

>a small amount of good players play it as a side game

yes, technically a few players do play it, whoopedy fucking do.

>going to tournaments and dropping other games to focus on it
>its not serious though
So what you're saying is this might be a 2+year diversion?

Both players face the same rules. If the other guy is winning through 'mindless play' then why don't you out'mindless play' him

You literally just suck shit at the game, nothing more, nothing less. Also, hispanic? You're fucking 14, dude.

I feel like that gets normally jumping L'd out of after the blocked super dash. The only one out of the characters I play that seems to be able to punish a blocked super dash with 5H is Frieza.

ahahahaha oh you meant his divekick which you can block crouching

literally every character in this game can "pressure for free," except Yamcha has to work about five times as hard just to get in because of his shit tools in neutral. And apparently you stopped reading my post before I mentioned why his assist is only okay at best.

it's okay to project when you're on the internet buddy but you should at least do some research before trying to argue something when it comes to fighting games

> project

there it is

Nobody has dropped any game. kek

Not that they needed to in the first place. DBFZ is so shallow, they can skate by easily.

clips.
twitch.
tv/ResourcefulImpossibleHeronSSSsss

I feel tall characters can do it. I used to do it with Piccolo. Not Vegeta though. Probably not Yellow Goku either. Maybe Android 16.

oh shit you sure disproved all of my points by greentexting a word

Nappa and 21 get fucked by trying to punish blocked super dash with 5H at least, despite being tall.

You have to change how you approach the game. That's what I did. Because everyone can be safe as fuck, I don't want to take the risk of failing a punish when dealing with attacking opponent. So instead I either Vanish or Reflect the game to neutral. After that I have time to gauge how I approach my opponent. I either try to catch a wiff or stuff their attack. If I can get in and start my pressure, even better.

The game for me is heavily based around resetting to neutral BECAUSE it's so rush down heavy. The game has 2 tools for that. Might as well use them.

>nobody has dropped any game

>can't post one with evidence
KEK

What a shit argument. It's not good design. It's basically the opposite of what made Soulcalibur 2 unbearable to watch at a high level: instead of the defensive options being so suffocating where you're objectively at a disadvantage if you make the first move, there are no solid defensive options, you want to rushdown. And the mindless is just not fun.

Reflect could have been a good option, but the risk/reward is ridiculously skewed. Even if you get a good reflect, for a good amount of the cast a simple 5h covered with an assist gets you back in right away.

There's nothing to even worry about because you actually don't even need to change anything if you're worried about a reflect (outside of baiting it) because even if it happens, your standard blockstring, which you can easily and SAFELY autopilot will get you right back in.

Why is a happy birthday called that

>tfw you pull off a 1v3 comeback
No better feeling

>Level 1 sparking lasts 1 second less, level 2 3 seconds, level 3 6 seconds. Sparking no longer recovers HP while in hit stun.

> super dash has more 3 frames of startup when opponent is not in hitstun. punishable if used in the air or at close range (body length away)

>parry has 3 frames faster recovery and can be cancelled into super dash, vanish, super special etc to get pressure/mixup going

>on the ground light/medium chains removed, the unique follow ups made command normals

>longer recovery time for assists (35%)

>slower HP regen (35%)

>sparking can be used while in blockstun to get out of pressure

>alpha counter can be done while you still have characters

>level 3 super no longer does 100% recoverable damange, same as level 1 supers.

>vanish is now neutral on block instead of positive if used while opponent is already in block stun

> minor character balance adjustments

fixed the game.

i've heard people complain that the game is a super dash spamfest and i've heard people complain that blocking is too strong and you can't open people up
in reality there's strong options on both offense and defense. the game is often going to come down to good reads and solid neutral. i win just by hitting medium or heavy at the right time. as long as you can anti-air, call assists and block you should be fine

because of this

youtube.com/watch?v=sZZUMjoxfZA

Who carried?

>alpha counter can be done while you still have characters
I assume you mean with your last character, and you can do this anyway

The opponent's retardation.

>i've heard people complain that blocking is too strong

they are wrong.

>in reality there's strong options on both offense and defense.

Nope, vapid centrist.

No I mean when you still have characters. as in you don't get the switch you get the vanish attack that costs a bar like you get when you only have 1 left.

>I’m bad so the game is bad
An even shittier argument.
Sometimes, for only a fleeting moment, I forget that Cred Forums doesn’t know shit about fighting games but then I’m immediately reminded.

>STOP SAYING MEAN THINGS ABOUT MY GAME
casual retard lmfao

I'm a pro 3s players which is the grandfather of anime fighting games.

>Ends with down laucher to ground slide
But that's wrong, faggot.

>STOP CALLING ME BAD
Baddie btfo
>I’m a pro 3s player
Yeah, I bet.
>3s
>grandfather of anime fighters
You mean Darkstalkers, retard. Stop posting anytime.

>shitload of characters with one (1) low
>meterless options to reset to neutral
>can spend resources to knock opponent back, switch characters or even be plus on block
>2H is universally invincible to air attacks
nice argument nerd you really convinced me with those red hot opinions

Never noticed that. Maybe you're using 6A2 instead of 6A1? Since after you lose your first character you don't technically have an A2 anymore?

>calling anyone casual
>uses the "everyone can do it" argument
Are you actually retarded? Serious question. Literally by that """""""'argument""""""""" every single fighting game is flawless.

Don't reply anymore, kid. You're just looking dumb.

He didnt mention happy birthday

I'm not trying to convince you, i'm making fun of you. You can't reason with the unreasonable.

I wish the 3s meme would fucking die already. Trying to ape it and its failures is half of sfvs problems to begin with and the other half is capcoms general retardation.

post video of a match where you were unfairly beaten because you didn't have access to good defensive options

once you lose a character pressing either button will get you the other assist.

It's like a birthday present when you get two characters in a combo.

>Trying to ape it

>calling anyone else retarded when he can’t find his way out of pressure in fucking Fighterz of all games
They give you plenty of ways out, it’s up to you to use them effectively. If you can’t, you’re bad. The entirety of our posting assumes you’re correct in your belief that the game has no defensive options when you aren’t. You can fuck off now.

i've never lost a match. That doesn't stop me from recognizing objective flaws with the game design.

You are the reason why games are so bad, devs pander to you and your total lack of standards.

Better than them pandering to your lack of a brain.

let's see some receipts.

spamming means the opponent is doing the same thing over and over again, which mean that you can easily predict and counter attack. The only time I've seen where spamming was a legit issue was Morri/Doom in UMVC3. Even an online scrub could become a legitimate threat with that team.

alright post video of you easily beating someone because they had no defensive options

>i've never lost a match

This game has automatic Safe Blocking so no matter how much you get "opened up" it's still ultimately your fault for dropping your guard and got punishing the grabs and overheads which come out a lot slower than everything else.

Using reflect is also viable for escaping pressure as it's about as quick as a jab except it's not punishable during its active frames.

Furthermore you have the instant switch option, which works as an escape even if you only have 1 fighter left.

Tl;Dr
Get gud. You're probably getting punished for silly mistakes like trying to jump backward in a block string (jumping drops your guard) or trying to mash out a super like SFV to punish a dropped combo, which you can't instantly do in this game.

What is more delicious? A pizza delivered by Frieza, or a donut made by Hit?

I wonder if they're going to patch cell or just let him keep meterless/1 bar corner combos that do as much damage as other characters spending 3/4 bars

Reminder Capcom's paid shills are real and they get paid based on weekly quotas. Hence why theyre the most active early in the week and nowhere to be seen on the weekends.

Yes.

Reminder that capcom has dropped mvci from evo and capcom pro tour. The last thing they probably want to do is to pay shills for a dead game they already dropped like a polio child.

This game has more defensive options than most modern fighting games.

Only thing it doesn't have is TvC Mega Crush which frees you from any combo (and is ultimately a party pooper mechanic which rewards small combos over big ones)

as much as crapcom deserves all the shit they got for trying to sell that terrible mess of an unfinished game it still sucks the game is being dropped by everyone but people who play it, honestly way more fun to play than dbfz

Some good Hit donuts pack quite a punchSo i'll go with that

Baby Blue here
I'm gonna give you my opinion and you can't stop me.
Teen Gohan is top tier.

And honestly reflect is fucking busted as a defensive tool for costing zero ressources. It's like if you could wake up Blitz shield for free in GG with the only downside being you can get meaty crossup'd.

There's obviously no hope for MvCi but there's no future for Capcom if non-capcom titles replace their relevance in the tournament scene. Right now all they have is SFV which is desperately struggling to retain hype.

DBFZ is obviously the most well designed 3 on 3 fighting game since MvC2. This is the single most existential threat to Capcom and warrants damage control and brand safeguards (i.e. 3rd party shills and in-house intern shilling)

>tfw you can't get your win rate over 46%

My losing streaks outweigh my winning streaks. Shit sucks.

Don't worry, user. You're getting better regardless, bit by bit.

I'd rather push blocking but atleast I can recognize it's because pb is easier to use and the risk reward of reflecting right now feels super bad considering how easy it is to mixup timings on offense and stay safe

i thought it was weird at first that you don't have a burst/mega crash but since you have three characters you get at least three chances at neutral, usually more if you aren't completely incompetent

It has start up and cooldown frames, so on one hand it can block a level 3 super beam, but if you fuck up you risk taking taking all that damage to the face.

>tfw I put 16 on my team because I thought he was going to be low-tier
>turns out that I was kicking ass with a top-tier this whole time
How do I repay for my sins?

>FGC have no idea who Broly is or are anti-Broly

Did no one ever stop to ask where Brolylegs got his name from or were they too busy talking about how stunning and brave he is for being crippled?

There's also the wish system, which I've managed to activate last minute by saving meter and counting combos.

I'd say that adds to the neutral if you have some foresight

it has zero startup, that's why you can wakeup reflect to beat meaties exactly like wakeup blitz. And of course it has recovery holy shit that would be completely broken otherwise lol

Find new tech with him and share it with others so we might have a chance in beating you at least 1 out of 100 matches.

being more fun is completely subjective. ChrisG won MVCi's Battle of the Stone (or whatever the name is) and even he sais DBFZ is better than MVCI but not better than UMVC3.

And beside, MVCi was dropped by Evo but it still is a main event game on every other major, if the likes of Fchamp and Jwong don't want to play it anymore then I only take that as testament for the game not being as good as they initially said it was. I mean, these 2 were hardcore when it came to shill that MVCI trash.

1 frame startup. So as long as you're not doing it in the same frame as you're getting hit, it's good. For comparison Vanish has 2-frame startup.

They were too busy banning him for beating their ass live on twitch with blanka

He doesn't play blanka

1 frame startup means the active frame is at frame 1 my dude.

I did not know this

Yes it's a super dumb system that confused at lot of people. For some reason it's standard to include the first active frame in the notation of startup frames in frame data so you can easily parse that a +5 on hit move can link to a 5F move for example. IMO it's dumb.

>be me, have 100% win rate

>don to play ranked anymore for fear of losing my win streak

This is hell.

>Capcom shills

What a story! Hahaha you really had me going.

Anyways let's change the direction of this thread and talk about how cool Marvel vs. Capcom is as an a intellectual property.

What do my fellow Cred Forums brahs want to see in the next one? I personally think Gambit will be a big hit with our audience and recaptures some of the ol' 90s flare that MvCi was lacking.

C'mon who's with me?