Remind me what the point of this is

remind me what the point of this is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAKuaf_pE
youtube.com/watch?v=OqWMrc4aFnA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

to sell windows 10

but i'm on 10 and i still use dx11 because dx12 is so unstable, not to mention that only like 3 of my games support it

I did not say it was successful

keep developers on the windows platform

>but i'm on 10
HE FELL FOR IT

A negligible FPS boost on AMD cards and FPS drops on Nvidya

this
DX12 and Vulkan run pretty well on AMD cards.
I just wish NVIDIA wouldn't keep pushing the DX11 meme to shill their 1080s to retards.

This Of course it's made useless by the much superior Vulkan.

>but I'm on 10
cuck

to sell... oh, this

But I get double the framerate in Hitman between the 2.

to force you to switch to W10 and then eventually to force you to switch to Windows Store
that's the ONLY function, you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise

So, do you actually use an outdated OS or Linux (same thing)?

Placebo.

>HE. ACTUALLY. FELL. FOR. IT.

Fell for what?

>30-35 fps in DX11 medium settings
>70+ fps in DX12 maxed out settings
Nah, that's not placebo. I get even better results with Vulkan in other games.
Imagine they implemented this shit in consoles. They might even be finally able to hit 60 fps across the board.

Windows 7 and 8 are constantly updating. What are you talking about?

>Windows 7 and 8 are constantly updating
lel not for much longer.

actual graphics?

>DX12 and Vulkan run pretty well on AMD cards.
>I just wish NVIDIA wouldn't keep pushing the DX11 meme to shill their 1080s to retards

youtube.com/watch?v=xwhAKuaf_pE
youtube.com/watch?v=OqWMrc4aFnA
they all perform according to their price range, dx12 and vulkan isnt some meme magic that makes up for AMD shortcomings

Windows 7 isn't outdated, dipshit. It still receives security updates. Other than that, I usually use Linux.

>current year
>still being afraid of Windows 10

Async computing, but even Vulcan does that.
And async computing is a pain in the ass, so most won't bother until the tech comes along to make it less of a pain in the ass.

t. retard who fell for it and tries to justify his retardedness

Everytime a new OS comes out it's always the same fucking story.

How's Satya Nadella's curry cock? Faggot.

Console graphics libraries operate on roughly the same principles, with more GPU bare metal exposed. Consoles can't hit 60 FPS even WITH that.

What it does is decrease CPU overhead which gives you an enormous frameboost meaning you don't have to have a 1080 or vega 64 in your rig to max out a modern game. Sadly the only games that take advantage of this are Doom, Wolfenstein 2, Battlefield 1 and Hitman (DX12) because why would you want to optimize games? You'll only sell less GPU's.
Fucking Watch Dogs 2 was supposed to ship with DX12 as well but it got cancelled by NVIDIA at the last moment.

There hasn't been any other OS that come with bult-in keyloggers and regularly screencap at random and upload it to the NSA vault

Yeah, and the same story is that memester faggots refuses to believe that are good reasons why people hold out.

YOU HAVEN'T INSTALLED ME YET?

>Better multi-threading
>More draw calls
>Can use System RAM as VRAM
>Can use IGPU & any 2 different GPU's in SLI/Crossfire
>Can remove micro stutter in SLI/Crossfire

None of these have been used yet & i can't see the last 2 being used to Nvidia & AMD's greed

I mean they won't use

>Can use System RAM as VRAM
>Can use IGPU & any 2 different GPU's in SLI/Crossfire

They make a lot money charging you for extra VRAM & obviously say Nvidia doesn't want you SLIing a 1080 with a 1070, they prefer you to buy 2 1080's

Not really, the story about Windows 8 wasn't that it was literal spyware just that it was shit, which it was and even Microsoft admitted it by releasing 8.1 for free.

>decrease CPU overhead
>you don't have to have a 1080 or vega 64

what do GPUs have to do with CPU overhead?
at best it only makes ryzen compete with intel

>having to type d3d12 for every single function and struct

Fuck you microsoft. Shit hurts my hands.

>There hasn't been any other OS that come with bult-in keyloggers and regularly screencap at random and upload it to the NSA vault
Holy shit there has to be a limit on how paranoid one can be.

nigguh, they havent been used since programmers can barely make a functioning PC port
>Nvidia doesn't want you SLIing a 1080 with a 1070
again, you make it look like it's nvidia or AMD when most games do not have any sli/crossfire compatibility at all and you expect pajeets to master new APIs?
what can go towards further optimization gets used for buying the DRM htese days

It's true to an extent, a lot of 10s programs do all this background data logging.

well yeah, microsoft knows companies wont change OS as fast as a new one hits the market, yet is still outdated, they are just worried a hack appears and the brand gets hurt.. but the company really isn't interested in that OS, it just fixes security to keep supporting the slow companies

Plenty of points, but it demands more of the programmers, which means it demands more skill and time, both which are at a premium with AAA game development.
Same goes for Vulkan API.

Implementing a more efficient rendering path for games. But much like it happened back in the DX10 days, consoles and lowest common denominator development mindset will make sure it's not going to see any real use for the next three to four years.

nothing, just like how it was nothing with DX11 and DX10
there is no difference between using DX9 and DX12

>t. nvidia card owner

Literally the only point is to lock developers and users into the Windows 10 platform. Which ultimately includes making it very difficult for them to sell games on any platforms other than the Windows Store and the Xbox.

Its a blatant move to lock down the market at the very time when innovative technologies and new work on other platforms promises to break the chains that console and tablet makers have tried to put on the PC to hold it back.

That's the objective of how DX12 was implemented, but not the objective of the technology behind it, which was properly realized in Vulkan.

Right, Vulkan exists, therefore D3D12 serves no worthwhile technical purpose. It literally only exists to shackle developers to a sub par platform and the feature level supported by Microsoft's console. Its exactly like Apple's Metal graphics API. I won't be surprised if Microsoft shifts to using the exact same driver model that Apple does which would allow them to completely block standard APIs.