Housemate is a """"pro"""" CSGO streamer who gets paid a hilariously small amount by Twitch to stream (around $150 a...

>Housemate is a """"pro"""" CSGO streamer who gets paid a hilariously small amount by Twitch to stream (around $150 a month)
>Gets into an autistic fit whenever anyone else dares to use bandwidth
>Has printed off a streaming schedule which he puts on the fridge and demands that nobody else use the internet during any of the 10 hours a day he streams
>Refuses to pay more than an equal share for the internet despite demanding 70 of the 168 hours in the week for streaming
>Refuses to upgrade the internet to a better package

Are all Twitch streamers such terrible people?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-quit-young-people-social-media-snapchat-instagram-emarketer-a8206486.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get a backbone faggot.

Anyone trying to play videogames all day and survive off of it is worthless, yeah.

take a shit on his wasd keys
problem solved

>somebody on Cred Forums calls other people worthless

I mean $150 a month is really bad. That sounds like he's not even a partner, but an affiliate. 10 hours a day is also too much. You peak at 4 hours a day, anything over 6 actively harms you in twitch's featured algorithms.

$150 is like 60 subs, which is nothing. Even streamers with ~200 viewers can manager 300 subs.

No lol I fucking pay for all the Internet at my place. How does he not feel guilty?

100%. I'm the most useful person I know. I have no problem calling you faggots worthless

Kick him out of your house and get somebody who can pay rent

You should remove this person from your life as quickly as possible.

You're as useful to me as a twitch streamer so make yourself useful and %100 kys

I'm the one driving the resistance against it, its the other three faggots we live with who are apathetic.

I ignore his schedule and will constantly delete large games from my steam and download them again when he's steaming and I'm at work.

>$150 a month = $5 a day
>10 hours a day means 50 cents an hour.
>''''''pro'''''''

>I make more in an 8 hour day of my job than a '''''''pro'''''''' CS:GO player does in a month of 10 hour days

Tell him a professional player is someone who makes enough money to support themselves entirely from their sport, and he's making a fraction of minimum wage.

You see, user, I'm really not used to arguing against preteens and I'm not sure how you little memesters would counter that.

I don't think anyone in the world cares how useful they are to you, user.

you should use netcut on him occasionally.

Wow dude you make more money working the rice fields. OP tell this kid to get a job, he's a parasite on your electricity and water bills

what's his twitchname pussy

kek. you could also try streaming movies in 4k or something on Netflix or other UHD streaming services while he is having a game. then when he comes in the room you can be like, WUT BRUH, IM JUST WATCHING A MOVIE. BLU RAYING THIS BITCH

>2018
>having roommates
>not owning your own home

if true, he's a fucking lolcow worthy to be exploited. also, what kind of fucking third world country you live in that limits internet bandwidth?

>Not throttling his speeds and then watching him have an autistic chimpout

Good thing you applied for that loan and bought that house, goy.

This way when the eternal jew decides it's your contry's time to have a "depression" you'll be stuck there forever, paying thousands a year for literal bricks.

>Are all people who do something exactly the same?
No, but I'd fuck with your roommate every single time he's streaming. Torrents work wonders to fuck with your latency

I've headbutted my roommate for being unemployed for over a month. You need to get involved OP, my roommate definitely made the 1st of the next month after that.

Not the user you're bitching about, but there's nothing wrong with owning a home. Remember that a lot of the guys on Cred Forums are on their 30's or 40's now, it's definitely time to get out of your mother's basement by then.

Can you beat this guy?

I mean he sounds like someone who would benefit from a thorough fatherly stomping.

>internet caps
>Bandwidth caps
Is this a third world problems thread?

Keep fighting the good fight, user

>Remember that a lot of the guys on Cred Forums are on their 30's or 40's now

That's bullshit and I refuse to believe it.
Also I wasn't defending basement dwellers, I was saying it is incredibly costly to buy a house, and unless you're a billionaire for whom buying a house is pocket change, it's financial suicide.

I'll be renting small rooms/apartments till the day I die.

>30s and 40s
>Absolute bullshit

Fuck you, newfag

>I ignore his schedule and will constantly delete large games from my steam and download them again when he's steaming and I'm at work.
Sounds like you're a bigger bitch than he is desu. Just use the internet normally, don't give him more reasons to sperg out.

Also this. I live in a house of 5 internet addicted autists who are constantly streaming and torrenting and we've never once had a discussion about bandwidth because we paid an extra penny for fiber internet.

I bought mine last year, but I've got 20 years of mortgage. I'm also not paying rent so it's trading one bill for another with a much better outcome. I just don't see why this is so out there for you. In your high school, sure. In your 20's? You'd better be working towards something.

Third world doesn't suffers from bandwidth problems, and we still have net neutrality :DDD

If you really want to be an ass about it, you could also set up QoS to give everything else priority over his streaming traffic. Uploading that 2 MB webbum to 4chins will now absolutely nuke his stream quality for a good couple seconds.

Better yet, just remove the keycaps

Everyone thinks they're useful. That's nothing special. In reality, you're probably as useful as a wet sock.

Beat the fuck out of him. This isn't hard.

>buying a house is financial suicide
>have to be a billionaire to buy a house
You have absolutely no idea how buying a home works, do you? I bet you think people just drop $300,000 cash on a house and call it a day, right?

So it's just a yurocuck, LEAF and australian general problems thread? I don't even have the most expensive option and I've never been capped or throttled despite streaming all day and downloading large games.

>buying a home is financial suicide
Let's see here. If you rent an apartment, you pay your rent every month and you get to live there, and when you stop paying you get booted out. If you buy a house, you pay your mortgage for 20 to 30 years, and when you stop paying it, you own a house that has equity and the value will hopefully have increased from when you initially bought it.

One of these things leaves you with something at the end of the process, the other does not. Which one really makes more sense?

No.

The site wouldn't be a cesspit if it was filled with adults.

The majority of Cred Forums are 16 year-olds calling people newfag.

THE RESISTANCE IS ALIVE

Get a decent router with which you can limit his bandwith to something like 300kb/s and say it's being split fair between all users.

This.

Im paying $80/ month for 2mbps

Nonsense. Can you do your own electrical and plumbing?

Being an adult doesn't suddenly make you not a shitty person. There are millions of adults who are far less mature than some teenagers. Just look at Trump.

>tfw he probably can make more money just mining shitcoins

>The site wouldn't be a cesspit if it was filled with adults

Then how do you explain facebook and twitter?

Give full name and address

Well yes, actually. I finished my basement myself, installed a new electrical box, wired all the lighting and the heat, and I did the plumbing for the bathroom and washing machine. Ran cat 6 ethernet, too.

A country can go from paradise to shithole in 30 years.
If the country I'm renting an apartment in goes to shit I have a chance to say fuck it. pack my stuff and go somewhere where the grass is greener while you have to worry about selling your heap of bricks first.

That's a horrible way to look at things. You can do what you want, but owning a home is a huge advantage.

you're completely fucking retarded.

That's an incredibly paranoid perspective.

You know you've lost when you bring politics into a conversation, stay mad josh

You know you've lost when you resort to calling people mad

You sound like an equally terrible person you faggot.

Tell the faggot to pay, or just don't pay until he does. Or just use the internet since you also pay for it. My roommate could be the biggest twitch streamer in the fucking world and it wouldn't matter.

Don't you need to be officially certified to do your own wiring? I mean for insurance purposes.

It's cheaper to own a home in the long run. My mortgage is 480/month, and my utilities are about 500, mostly because of electricity costs. Add cable into the mix, and I'm spending a little under 1,100 a month. My wife and I pay about 900-1000 on the house though, because we eventually want to move on and rent the house out so we can get a little additional revenue.

>Russia has better internet than Murrica and Yurop

Paranoia is what's gonna keep me alive and out of debt.

What's better: Paying money every month and coming out with nothing in the end? Or paying money every month and coming out owning a home in the end?

>out of debt
Alright, but you'll still be throwing money away every month with nothing to show for it. That seems a lot worse than just paying money every month and then owning your house, which you can then use to pay off other debts.

When will your mortgage payments end?

REBEL REBEL

Learn geography

>5 niggas living together under one roof
what kind of gay orgy shit is this?

This is only relevant for people who live in one of the already crappy EU countries though.

Eastern Europe and Canada

Mortgaging and rent are basically exactly the same thing. The only difference is that when you move out of a rented property you get your deposit back and when you move out of a mortgaged one, you get the full amount you've paid back.

It's called a realistic living situation. It's far cheaper to pay for a place when you have room mates.

You mad man.

He should get his own internet or at least pay the lion's share if expects you all to adhere to his schedule.

In the UK you are not even meant to change a plug.

Probably about eight or nine years, depending on how much we will feel comfortable spending on it. Really, we eat out too much and I'm kind of a jew with my money and don't like spending it, so I COULD bump up the payments to like 2 grand a month, but I dunno man, I just really like Chinese food.

Easier to build internet infrastructure with the rest of it rather than adapting existing installations.

What happens when you retire?

Crying "politics!" when someone brings up a good point doesn't mean you automatically win an argument. He was using Trump as an example of an adult who is more immature than a teenager. That's a perfectly valid example.

>retire
Let's be real here, nobody born after 1990 is ever going to be able to retire

Saving up for a mortgage so I can live alone.

If you do shit jobs for the rest of your life, then sure you'll never retire. When you get an actual career, then yes you can retire.

Everything is going to be radically different by then anyway. Once automation takes hold there won't be many jobs to retire from.

Retiring requires things like social security to exist. By the time most millennials will be looking at retirement, social security will be dried up and medicaid will be completely defunded. These are key things that make retirement possible. And no, investing all of your income in the stock market will not negate these things.

I had a roommate like that. Access the router, limit his bandwidth, then change the router language into something that he doesn't know. Also if everyone is paying the internet bill equally then everyone gets to use it equally, tell him that and make a point of torrenting whenever he wants to stream.

sounds like shit i used to do back when i lived in a college house with TEN (10) house mates and ONE (1) shitty router that barely worked

>medicaid will be defunded
>social security won't exist
Oh, my sweet summer child.

The amount of money the government gets for that shit from taxes is EXTRAVAGANT. They will continue it and charge you 10x what it actually costs for time immemorial

To be a twitch partner you need to make minimum 100 dollars a month. So yes he is partnered.
t. Twitch affiliate right now.

Medicare and medicaid are funded less and less every year. Republicans in particular always look to medicare/medicaid as a fund that can be gutted to fix the budget. Social Security is already drying up because young people aren't making enough money to pay into it at a high enough rate to counter all the money being taken out of it by current retirees. You can go on believing this isn't the case, but in 50 years when you're tired and broken and wish you could stop working, you'll see.

Ah well, could be worse, whichever generation comes after Z are going to be the ones fighting in the war(s).

>government has access to funds for X
>X funds are taken out of taxes
>They somehow have to pay for something with tax money, and it could be very expensive
>Answer: make it incredibly shit, charge the taxpayer 10x what you actually need, take the money home

If you think for a second that the guys ripping off the public, living off their thievery, will try to stop up methods to fucking load their coffers with, you'd be fucking wrong. Greedy cunts will find a way.

Social Security isn't taken out of taxes, you pay into it with every paycheck as a separate thing. You have no idea how any of these systems work, please stop trying to convince people you're right.

A country in my country has better speeds. What fucking jewery is this?

>A country in my country
What?

good luck user, keep up the fight

Download netcut and fuck with him constantly when he streams. Fuck that guy.

>31.
>Lived a dive for 5 years.
>Saved up a house downpayment.
>Mortgage is cheaper then my rent used to be.
>Have 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, and an unfinished basement all to myself.
Renting, lmfao

South Africa. Lesotho and Swaziland.

My issue is that the other people in the house are massive normies and think that I'm being unreasonable because "who are we to stop him making a living?"

Its like they have no moral objection to people making money to their detriment.

Ah, gotcha.

Tell them you are opening a restaurant and eat all the food in the fridge all the time. They will soon get the message.

Without some kind of reform there eventually comes a point where it collapses though. And there won't be any reform because there's no plan other than to ride each new crisis and hope for the best.

Do you think people would accept a moderate cut in their living standards on the understanding that it would provide a better world for their grandchildren? Well, it doesn't matter even if they would because they won't get that choice. Just the option between two unsustainable fantasies.

I mean if no ones home hes not causing anyone harm assuming you dont live in a third world where you have caps.

Set up an auto reboot on your router in the middle of his stream times.

You do realize there are concepts such as personal savings? S&P has a historic average of >4% dividend yield meaning that if you manage to save up 10k every year (^800/month) for the first 10 years of your professional life and invest it into a very conservative stock index and let the dividend compound over the next 30 years, once you reach retirement age you'll have over 350k dollars in savings alone and will be under 60 years old

I'm 30, had a mortgage since I was around 21, not that hard to believe to be honest.

Yeah, savings can help, but in no way generate enough income to live off of for 20 to 30 years, especially considering the medical costs that most people wind up with later in life.

Invest into not being a fatfuck.

Excellent answer, you've solved the crisis for everyone.

Everyone in America, yes.

>Live in the UK
>You can get taxed if you have more bedrooms than you need

Do you honestly think being fat is the only health issue anyone can ever face? Ah, the ignorance of childhood. I kind of miss it, myself.

You sure are showing him by killing your HDD/SSD.

Claim to be genderfluid and that you need a room for each of your genders and sue the shit out of them.

>Get health insurance early in life
>Demonstrate that you actively pursue a healthy lifestyle by crash dieting before your renewal negotiation

Problem solved.

Ah, so you don't understand how insurance or actual humans work. Very nice.

It's going to be just as bad in Europe.

In the US people will just be left to die, which is a solution of sorts, how will countries that actually provide medical care cope with ageing populations?

It's not a tax, it's a reduction in benefits. The idea is to force poor people into smaller houses/flats I guess to free up valuable housing stock.

Do you still get taxed for each window your house has?

>crash diet every year
>healthy lifestyle

Found the """"""""""""pro"""""""""""" CSGO twitch streamer.

They wont. Like I said, invest in yourself.

To what end? You seem to be assuming that the people who get the shitty end of the stick will just accept it.

When was the last time we had a fall in living standards from one generation to the next? It's going to be chaos, any plans you make now will not survive it.

150 bucks is not even bad for something you enjoy doing when you are not working. How much time do you have to invest in streaming to get a sum like that?

>You seem to be assuming that the people who get the shitty end of the stick will just accept it.
This is pretty much how Republicans work

I never understood how are people OK with spending 1/2 of their life paying for something. Isn't that crazy when you think about it? 30 years paying for a house and having a percentage of your salary, be that whatever it is, be cut for 1/2 of the rest of your life.

Maybe I'm still a little young (22), but as a concept that sounds super fucked up, though of course, I guess renting would be worse-- it's spending 100% of your life paying for a roof that it's not yours, but it doesn't change the fact both are horrible options.

The other side are making the same assumption.

He probably doesn't go to tumblr like your faggot ass does

GOD'S WORK

You're really looking at 7% yield and 3% inflation, meaning a withdrawal rate of 4% will sustain your savings. That means you need to accumulate $250k of savings for every $10k of yearly interest before tax.

If you save $10k a year for 20 years, you'll receive $10k each year for the rest of your life.

all of housing is paying some old fuck a chunk of your wages for the rest of your life because they had the privilege of growing old back when basically all wages were livable.
I can't really hold it against the landlords though, it's free money for doing basically nothing besides upkeep and the occasional dickhead tenant.

You're going to spend your whole life paying into the system unless you live on benefits or hide your wealth from the taxman. And either option there is going to engender the resentment of most of the rest of society.

They will have to when there's no money despite wealth of lipservice. They're going to die waiting for procedures and in ERs waiting for treatments.
t. healthcare professional.

10 hours, seven days a week. 150 is fucking trash

This, keep reminding him that pro go players make more than $150. Tell him what Superbowl champion teams make and they work less than he does.

I think that argument doesn't really hold water.
yes theyre both awful and bought out, but republican politicians much more consistently vote against the interests of their constituents for money and spin it as a good thing. it's like saying stabbing yourself in the leg is exactly as bad as chopping it off instead.

hopefully the advances in medicine help use keep working at the ripe old age of 200 years old

>I ignore his schedule and will constantly delete large games from my steam and download them again when he's steaming and I'm at work.

He's at the point where he makes less than the average Libyan. He makes in a month of 10-hour days what a prostitute makes in 30 minutes.

>paying thousands a year for literal bricks.

as opposed to your rented mudhut retard?

You dont own the home with a looming debt over your head for decades fuckboy.

> mfw setting money aside while living at my mom's to buy a house without having to get a mortgage
I already have about 100.000€

You've also got to ask whether the loan's interest plus the interest you lose by having no savings is more than your rent.

oh I see. That's not worth it. I would get sick from playing the same game that much.

I guess it has something to do with the presentation too. I ve seen a video about girls who got donated way too much for playing almost naked.

As for the bitching about the bandwidth. You have all of the rights to use it as much as you would like and you can tell him about that clearly and openly.

Not even with a real career with how the Boomers fucked everything up.

Fake and fuck him if real, use the internet anyway.

No I'm saying that the consequences of either the wealthy minority or the mass of poor people feeling that they are being cheated will be just as bad.

Apartments cost money, too. Except with an apartment, you aren't paying towards anything, you're just handing your money to your landlord.

No shit, sherlock. That's why I said you come out at the end owning your home. Jesus Christ, do they just not teach reading comprehension in school anymore? Or did that get cut to make room for the active shooter drills?

>passive aggressive bullshit that only makes the problem worse instead of standing up to him

I don't know what I expected.

>live in michigan where houses are practically worthless
>wife and I bought a house without even needing a loan because they were so cheap
yeah, thanks detroit for ruining our housing market!

Old fellas...is Ensure any good?

Keep unplugging the router. Fuck that guy.

>Live with a bunch of low-t soyboy faggots
>One of them demands all the internet at certain hours of the day
>Don't even fight him
>Just be a passive aggressive cuck and download shit while he's playing
>"T-That'll show him"
This isn't how adults solve problems you manchild
If one roommate is being a piece of shit and being uncooperative, you kick him

Good stuff. Keep seeding (legal) shit like Wikipedia backups all day, throttling the upstream.

>Buy a house, owe $200k
>Get offered a job on the other side of the country for double the pay
>Can't move because you're shackled to a giant debt sink
>Spend the rest of your life paying off the house
>Now you're stuck where you are because you're too old to work now and can't afford to sell your current house and move

Facebook is full of tech illiterate old people with no sense of internet etiquette, they didn't grow up with it.

Amazing how easily people accept the life of a migrant labourer.

>Refuses to pay more than an equal share for the internet despite demanding 70 of the 168 hours in the week for streaming
>Refuses to upgrade the internet to a better package
Install another phone line and set up your own internet, share it with any other housemates you have that want in. You wont be wasting his bandwidth anymore and he can crumble and fail when he fails to pay his own way.

How is that amazing when he just explained how the alternative is even worse?

Yes, that is a possibility. Another way to look at it is:
>Buy a house, owe $200k
>pay it off over time
>make improvements to the house, increasing its value
>When it's paid off, you now have equity in the house worth more than what you bought it for

Yet another way to look at it could be:
>Buy a house, owe $200k
>Get offered a job on the other side of the country
>move and rent your house out, using the rent to pay the mortgage and maybe make a little extra money
>Make tons of money at your fancy new job
>Make money from your rental property
>Use extra money to buy another house
>fix it up
>rent it
>make more money
>retire at 55 with a steady income from two rental properties while you chill on a beach in Hawaii

So there's no young people on Facebook anymore? Weird.

>coming out with nothing in the end?
If your house isn't gaining value it's almost always better to rent and invest the rest of your paycheck. If you were to buy and your house dropped enough in value you'd be fucked, but if rent goes up you can always move out.

The only way your house would drop so sharply in value is if you bought it at the absolute top of the market. Most people will not rush into saddling themselves with hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, meaning they'll wait for the market to dip before buying.

Actually, no. Facebook is pretty much just old farts new to the internet, kids moved to Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/facebook-quit-young-people-social-media-snapchat-instagram-emarketer-a8206486.html

That's some funny shit user 9/10

Interesting. I have a Facebook, but I haven't looked at it in years. I just assumed people my age were still on the platform.

Of course, I just realized I was considering myself "young people" when I'm 32, so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.

>buying a house is financial suicide

Are you actually retarded?

It's your fault for being such a pussy and letting him get away with his bullshit.
Grow a backbone and start solving your problems instead of just whining about it on a marginally related website.

>Move around the country every few years when you get offered a better paying position
>Maybe find one place you really like where you get paid plenty after a few decades
>Save your money, invest in CDs, etc.
>Get to retirement age
>Buy a house with all the money you saved from renting in whatever state you want to live the rest of your life in
>Retire peacefully

>family owns 8 houses and a small apartment complex that are rented out
>make over 150k a year from doing nothing

easier money doesn't exist

Unless you're flipping houses professionally or have no mortgage you're never, ever gonna beat renting and investing. If you wanna own a house just because it feels right then go ahead, but don't pretend it's a good financial decision.

Did literally nothing wrong. Ignore the soylents.

Get over it, soy. Watching him seethe gives me lifeblood.

My step-brother owns a few houses that are used for government subsidized housing. He makes about 20 grand a year from each property, but holy shit is it a hassle. He's always having to go to a few places to deal with shit tenants, and most of these people destroy the apartments when they're eventually kicked out. I helped him clean out one place, I'll never do it again. The stove had a layer of grease about 2 inches thick on it. The fridge had been unplugged for who knows how long, and the entire freezer was coated in a thick layer of mold, which I had to spend a couple hours cleaning out with a shit ton of bleach. The bathroom was in a similar state.

Rental properties can be a great source of income, but there can be some significant downsides depending on what kind of housing you get into.

See above. You are wrong.

You're not actually doing anything.
Look for other potential roommates and tell him you'll move out if he quits being a bitch.
What's his Twitch?

>but don't pretend it's a good financial decision.
Literally any financial adviser will tell you property is one of the best investments there are. People will always need a place to live.

>itt: basement dwelling neets think they’re financial gurus

>"AY YO WHITE BOY ME AN MY SENPAI FINNA RENTCHO HOUSE NAHMSAYIN?"
>Can't say no because RAYCISS
>Niggers burn down your house/trash your house/etc.

It's really amazing Cred Forums has people on it at all, considering how many finance titans, military experts, journalists, and executives we have here. You'd think these people would be more busy.

I'm talking about buying a home to live in yourself, not renting out. You never brought this up before now, so I can't be wrong about an argument we didn't have. This goes with the flipping houses professionally exemption.

It can be a good investment for safety, but it's a bad one for growing your portfolio. Any financial adviser will tell you that you're better off with literally any passive investing versus paying down a mortgage in general.

Keep up the good work user.

No, a good financial adviser will tell you to diversify your portfolio and not just rely on one thing to make you money.

>Mexico
I fucking download at 1.2 mbps tops.
What the fuck is this?

It's really only bad when it's subsidized shitters renting. We have only ever had to do two major messes that needed to be cleaned up and both of them were for renters that left after living there for 10+ years and after that long they needed to be remodeled anyways to increase their value. My dad taught me to never do the paperwork for subsidized housing because it's not worth it.

Shit man,thats petty and i loved it

And how does that go against anything I said? I'm the one advocating for investing properly while renting instead of paying down a luxury mortgage whose interest you won't even be able to deduct with the new tax plan.

Yeah, it's almost as though not every Cred Forums user is a basement dwelling faggot whose idea of financial planning is hoping mummy gets him a Switch for his birthday.

this is you
>haha wtf you read up on what to do with your money? lol what are you a nerd?

I don't get this american culture of landlords constantly buggering their tenants and coming to the house like they were invited to check on them.

I mean, in my country if a house is rented all you're not allowed to do is change the overall structure of the house, otherwise the landlords don't and shouldn't give a shit about how you're living. You're paying for it, you can live however you want as long as when the contract is over you deliver the house like you found it.

I love Tenko!

we make so much money that we don't even give a shit what they do. I haven't even been in half our apartments in the last decade because I only go if they call and say something major broke that needs to be fixed. Unless you sign up to be part of section 8 housing most people aren't going to be destroying the place they live.

people live having control over their property, weird huh

Better to pay a mortgage than rent at this point.

apparently that's how it works in europe

I don't get the sarcasm. I could also say "People like doing what they want with what they rented. Weird, huh"

>as long as when the contract is over you deliver the house like you found it.
This is exactly why the landlords bug the renters that much, it's a crapshoot if it ends up positively. My uncle used to own what was basically either a motel or a house (I'm not sure which) which he was renting out as an apartment block and he constantly had people breaking shit or the entire place was caked in grease and disgusting film that he and his son had to constantly visit the place to kick tenants out and fix up the place. I remember him saying one time the renters ripped the copper out of the walls before they left.

>I don't get this american culture of landlords constantly buggering their tenants and coming to the house like they were invited to check on them.
you need to stop believing everything you read on the internet
landlord only shows up if i have an issue that needs addressing, otherwise i never see them

What else should I believe? This thread reinforces it. Your media (movies/series) do, other people I know bitch about their landlords as well.