Why don't you love tanks, Cred Forums? They are cooler than giant robots

Why don't you love tanks, Cred Forums? They are cooler than giant robots.

Other urls found in this thread:

ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/03/insider-wargaming-thoughts-on-arty/
youtube.com/watch?v=4FRVILc6AfU
youtube.com/watch?v=qQGUY72zwR8
youtu.be/-7xvqQeoA8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I do like tanks. I played World of Tanks an War Thunder for a long time but I can't mentally do those games anymore, especially with chat on.

Nowadays I like to play World of Warships. Feels so much more relaxed than tanks did

Kids prefer giant robots.

There's a million reasons to prefer giant robots.

Because I'm in love with warships.

childhood is liking mechs
adulthood is realizing tanks are cooler
sagehood is knowing mechs were better all along.

I do, but there isn't a game that's done them right yet apart from Red Orchestra.

Warships are kinda boring.

Game is shit and was only fun during the beta. Classic WG.

Different stuff to be fair. Tanks are better for simulators since "realistic" mecha games are just dumb and boring. Mecha are better for arcade.

Tanks are cool, but giant robots are inherently cooler.

Nah

Cause they are slow moving metal boxes and they are pretty much always boring to play with in games.
>They are cooler than giant robots.
Don't particularly like giant robots either.

tanks are super cool when they in the context of tanks as armored cavalry with supporting infantry. Tanks just fighting tank seems like a gross simplification of their role.

>does everything the Super Vehicle-001 but better
>plus it can hover, use a giant knife and do the chat stride

Yah.

Are you sure about that?

I do love tanks, but all the modern tank games are grindy F2P multiplayer shit.

>tanks beating mech in their own games since the mid 80s
BT isn't a good example, m8.

>chat

Godfuckingdamnit I meant chad holy shit, I'm leaving now I'm sorry

>cooler

>World of Tanks
As someone who has played this slavshit small family company coded game since the closed beta, all I can say is; stay the fuck away

For a good mix of tanks and mechas, pic related, enjoying the fuck out of it.

>cooler than giant robots
We must part ways here, friend. Godspeed in your choices and struggles.

>losers are cool
Guess the mech designs they literally stole from japan were cool tho. BT isn't a good example, m8.

but user i play wargame red dragon

I do, I reinstalled WoT after a long break because I want to try out 1.0.

Otomatic my waifu.

To quote Cred Forums on that
Jews ruin everything.

>I want to try out 1.0

Well, how is it?

But what bout spider tanks?

Do people still play it? I'm godawful at it but I kinda miss it.

>weeb shit
No wonder.

yeah usually has anywhere between 500-1000 depending on whether its a weekday or weekend

I do love tanks, and giant robots and warships too. You know what's best though? Aircraft.

Poi

Poi?

I play everyday and pick off slavshit from 4km away.

Balanse soon)))

How can you guys play this shit? I didn't even make it past the tier 3 tanks before the grind got to me, and the later unlocks are exponentially more expensive.

>this abomination insulting glorious name of strv
Come back when you will have proper one in your game ivan.

>Game that only does angling of armour as the LOS increase rather than the compound effect which occurs for solid AP rounds, occurs a bit less for APCR rounds and that doesn't really occur for APDS rounds. Which lead to certain countries using sloped armour far less. Not to mention overmatch possibilities
Yeah, no thanks.

u avin a giggle m8?

Just as stupid and impractical as giant robots in year of our lord 2018. Hurr I drive around big 30 million dollar box that may aswell be a giant target because some 80 iq jihadi can shoot a 100 dollar rpg at it and kill everybody inside from a hidden position.

6 million dollar box*
500 dollar rpg*

Maybe once Spetz gets nerfed and doesn't 1-shot everything including tanks with a fucking napalm launcher.

>German got a Leopard 2 prototype with a 120 mm Rheinmetall L/44
>British got a Challenger 1 with a 120mm Royal Ordnance L11
>American got an M1 with a 105mm L7

I love tanks but know nothing about them.

*blocks your path*

Gaijin has gone down a stupid path adding classified tanks.

Cars that drive like tanks are the best.

>Degenerate poi posting
geeee NA ruining another general

>tanks OR robots
No.

Germany is getting the Leo2? since when?

You're right that they're mostly impractical currently, but it's more of a "driving a nail with a sledgehammer" kind of impractical. It takes either very advanced, or hilariously large amounts of munitions to do more than scratch the paint of most modern MBTs (no, videos of syrians using ATGMs to blow up poorly positioned export models doesn't apply). They're just not incredibly useful for counter insurgency stuff. If NATO has a need to invade a country for whatever reason you can bet that there'll be a fuckload of tanks going at it.

Which is why best mechs are tiny mechs.

>Germany is getting the Leo2?
Just one of the prototype.

>since when?
Soon.

>poorly positioned
What do you mean?

hell yes my nigga, only ever had a demo disc, but it was completely tubular.

Because more then half of the playerbase are retarded western kids who will blame others instead of getting gud.

ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/03/insider-wargaming-thoughts-on-arty/

>Developer 5 (RU): Its the same with some Europeans against Poland, its disgusting to hear immature playerbase, and will be ignored rightly so, PR already received complains and have handed permanent bans to vocal players in battle chats — most offenders are from UK/Germany/Czech based on report counts, least comes from Italy and Poland — 2 death treats handed to authorities, both from Czech Republic.

Pirate it immediately. It's great, and one of the few PSX games with native widescreen support.

Mostly just playing Tier 3, I bought the STRV 81 for giggles and its fun to pick off T-10's from across the map.

>If NATO has a need to invade a country for whatever reason you can bet that there'll be a fuckload of tanks going at it
Yeah. As other user said, the point of tanks is supporting the infantry, not fighting other tanks, making these Russian skinnerboxes "games" retarded.

Help me remember a tank game I played circa 98. It was on PC, but I think it was on PS1 too; on the PC you controlled it by moving the conveyor belts individually with A, Z, S and X keys (so to go forward you held A and S, back Z and X, to go right A and X, and so on); arrows moved the cannon; and you had to destroy other tanks. I remember having a lot of brown mountains. If you capsized you could shoot towards the ground and flip back. Had those lighting effects common to PS1 games. Can't remember if there were power-ups.

>retarded western kids who will blame others instead of getting gud
Isn't that every recent competitive game, like every ASSFAGGOTS of TF2-clone.

Tanks are liability in any kind of city warfare.

>the point of tanks is supporting the infantry
And one of the tasks of an infantry support tank is defending it against enemy tanks.

But how does that affect Syrians being able to take them out when it supposedly "takes either very advanced, or hilariously large amounts of munitions to do more than scratch the paint of most modern MBTs"?

>modern war
>deploying infantry and tanks without air superiority
m8

>120mm with 20mm turret

I can already hear the sound of thousands of vatniks crying out in anger.

>World of Tanks
>modern war

You can always destroy city first :^)

>not following backlinks
Brainlets, when will they learn?

"most modern MBTs" have APS.

What "Russian skinnerboxes "games"" were you talking about then?

Specnaz. Six years of constants nerfs. Still OP.

Speaking about inferno, I sure do miss flame meta, when playing as the fie nation was a viable choice.

Because stupid syrian double sandniggers drive the fucking things inside of not fully secured city, when they should position them as fire support around it.

You can have both

People like to post videos of either old, or under armored export models of tanks sitting out in the middle of fucking nowhere in shifting sand land with absolutely no support in sight getting blown up by a wire guided missile as an argument as to why MBTs that first world militaries field are supposedly worthless/outdated.

The subject is "f NATO has a need to invade a country for whatever reason". The "Russian skinnerboxes "games"" a side note. "We" were talking about the modern use of tanks, not the crappy slav "games".

>but all the modern tank games are grindy F2P russian propaganda multiplayer shit.
FTFY

Red Dragon is out for awhile, it is time to move on anons. Just don't move to Steel Division, it is an absolute turd.

Girls Und Panzer. You should totally watch it.

the veterancy system made them OP and they refused to fix it. A level 5 spetz could oneshot any ground target because higher vet meant higher damage for some reason.

>tfw STILL waiting for AC7
>tfw STILL no release date

Hurry the FUCK up Bamco

Red Dragon is nothing but 90's prototype spam. And any good niche unit gets nerfed but the real OP shit stays OP for months to years.

I have a soft spot for ALB. Steel Division is just OK.

It's fixed, but those time were truly glorious / terrible. Making people rage quit by sneaking SAS into their spawn and oneshotting their 50% ECM aircrafts and stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=4FRVILc6AfU

Arabs still cannot comprehend the concept of tanks so they keep using them like absolute fuckups. Unlike the tank usage, however, arabs do know how to use ATGMs

Don't forget 60 ton tanks equipped with Klingon cloaking devices.

PC release when? I would rather play weeb f2p grindy shit than slav one.

I miss when suppressors made units invisible. Nothing was funnier than watching USSR mains freak the fuck out that SBS units were standing right next to their spetz killing them without being shot in return.

They still do, but only soviet elite marine reckons have them in red dragon.

>preorder to get more HS uniforms!
Never change Japan.

A man of taste right here.

figures, gotta give the soviet mains something else OP.

>tiny mechs
Might as well just go for power armor at that point.

I do. I've even driven and fired one. Too bad there aren't many good games involving them. The largest are WT and WoT which are both shit, WoT being the worst offender.

Real powered armor won't be anything like that though.

How will it look like then smart guy

yeah there's no logical way to make it make it top heavy and have good mobility/be a stable platform for large weapons.

I prefer cute little tankettes (and the Chovy who drives it)

Why would you want it to be top heavy? Wouldn't that be a bad thing?

I wish World of Tanks wasn't garbage.

I meant small than that, like half the size of a human or smaller and remote controlled. Imagine the spy stuff you could do with it.

Giant robot games aren't filled with tankies and wehraboos.

youtube.com/watch?v=qQGUY72zwR8

>tankies
>playing f2p

So, like a slow land drone with lots of maintenance and hundreds of times more expensive?

give me tanks that transform into giant robots pls

Fucking this
I need ace combat 7 now

Tankettes are fucking retarded and so are the people who thought they were a good idea. Armored cars on the other hand are sick as fuck.

I mean compared to humans
the average human center of gravity if around the top the pelvis or under the navel. If mastercheif was the same relative density throughout his center of gravity would be around the bottom of his ribcage (if he still has one). It would need to be lower that that probably around where the genitals are so it can be more sure footed. Last thing you want in heavy high tech piece of machinery is a fall. Metal can warp itself under it own weight so ideally you'd want on minimize the risk of a fall at all costs.

*Infests your tank*

You're retarded

You called?

Just waiting for pic related at this point.

Enhanced humans further enhanced by power armor are boring and gay.

>be a stable platform for large weapons
pic related

Yep, but the payoff is that you can open doors, press buttons, carry significant weight and navigate tight corridors.

Are there any VR tank games? Ones that aren't "Sim" difficulty where you control the turret with the motion controllers?

War Thunder is bullshit. You're either in third person where you can't see shit more than a couple hundred meters, or you're in the optics which aren't even in 3D. They cheat and project 2d renderings onto a lot of stuff.

god rex was such a sexy bird mech. I hate how much they cucked it with ray.

>humans are boring and gay.
Damn I didn't think machines would gain sentience so soon let alone start posting on Cred Forums
Also I hope you don't think Rex is even remotely practical

Why not just mount a railgun on a submarine?

Isn't the RAY an Anti-Metal Gear Metal Gear?

>pic related
Another "realistic" mech that would be worse than a tank 99% of the time? Neat.

Sounds too situational to be really useful.

yeah no doubt submarines are the most practical stealth platform for a nuke. And have the largest deployable range and longest deployment time. They need logistical support though.

yeah it has no other purpose than cucking other metal gears. Arsenal gear is meant to be the platform.

The time for negotiation is over

I was thinking more of a two-four legged walking machine (for claiming stairs) with some armor, a manipulator arm and a turret.
>Sounds too situational to be really useful.
Kind of. It probably wouldn't justify the R&D costs IRL, but you could definitely make a fairly realistic stealth/action video game around the operations it could be sent on.

why not walking treads or wheels?

Enhanced humans are boring and gay. It turns the power armor into, well, normal armor, which defies the point.

That's EXTREMELY boring, and just as gay. You can't have a deadly battle with a submarine, unless you're the one piloting the robot biped, so why not just make the submarine a robot biped instead.

>Another "realistic" mech that would be worse than a tank 99% of the time? Neat.
The question was if it could be stable, not realistic or more viable than a tank. Realistic and viable are just code words for boring and gay.

A combination of wheels and legs are the best, like knightmare frames, or fucking real-life Handle: youtu.be/-7xvqQeoA8c
The knightmare frames' physics-defying wheels even make it a more stable platform. Hooray.

True, but power armour is cooler than both.

>walking treads
That sounds good, too. You'd want the player to be able to customize the mech one way or the other with different tradeoffs.

>definitely make a fairly realistic stealth/action video game
Yeah, I won't deny that, being a little bastard and fuck shit up sound fun as fuck. Was just playing Captain Obvious and pointing the realism and mecha don't make a good mix.

>code words for boring and gay
That's why, for starters, you need to turn every pilot into a loli. That's when the shit starts to get heterosexual and fun.

>another absolutely terrifying monstrosity from boston dynamics
when will they learn!?

At least they acknowledged it with the name.

Those things can go up stairs. If your goal is stealth, then armor is a hindrance. It can exponentially increase the weight of something, requiring a stronger, far louder motor. See biplanes vs mid-century fighters. Biplane exteriors (and early monoplanes as well) were canvas. Many of them could point straight up and hover in the air. Later WWII monoplane fighters had immensely greater engine power but couldn't do this. Go a little further, to when jets started popping up, and you'll see a few propeller-driven fighters like the Japanese J7W or the German Do 335, which can be heard from several kilometers further away than any of the slightly older planes they shared a sky with.

THEY'RE JUST EMPOWERING IT

>Biplane exteriors (and early monoplanes as well) were canvas
>tfw AA fire just put some holes in your wings
*glides behind you*
"pss, nothign personel kraut"
And that's how the Bismarck was sunk.