I have a 970, the games I play aren't too demanding, I'd just like what games I do play to be vibrant...

I have a 970, the games I play aren't too demanding, I'd just like what games I do play to be vibrant. Not looking to spend more than $200 if I can help it, but if there's some sort of huge quality jump in the range, I'll think about it. 23-25" would be preferable.

Also monitor thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BenQ-Response-eQualizer-Adjustable-XL2411/dp/B01H5KKQTM/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519052847&sr=1-4&keywords=benq 144hz 1080p
144hzmonitors.com/best-gaming-monitor/
pixiogaming.com/collections/monitors/products/px276-includes-islands-of-nyne-battle-royale
pixiogaming.com/collections/monitors/products/new-px277
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB716M77942&cm_re=pixio-_-9SIAB716M77942-_-Product
tftcentral.co.uk/
prad.de/test-kaufberatung/testberichte/test-monitore/
youtu.be/j_KFd8TASdc
pixiogaming.com/products/px245c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No matter what you do, you should at the VERY least get a 144hz monitor.

This was one of the things I was wondering, how necessary it was. Is the difference noticeable? Can my 970 even utilize it properly?

>Can my 970 even utilize it properly?
Not really, especially for future games. Consider that an investiment for when you will replace the card of just ignore what that guy said.

i bought an 80hz monitor like 6 months ago for 90 euro but it doesn't even have displayport or anything so i can only play at 60

Yes your 970 can utilize it and it depends on the game, obviously. Since you don't play "demanding games" it should be noticeable in your games (if they do support it).

The difference is night and day, best compared to the jump from 30 fps to 60 fps.

Even for desktop use only it's worth it.

Thanks, I was going to upgrade my GPU in the next year or so, might as well just futureproof my monitor. So my checklist so far is
-144hz
-IPS
-23/25"

Any recommendations based on all of that?

my roommate has this:

amazon.com/BenQ-Response-eQualizer-Adjustable-XL2411/dp/B01H5KKQTM/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519052847&sr=1-4&keywords=benq 144hz 1080p

and his OC 970 and OC i5 manages to push high fps even in demanding games like witcher 3. in novigrad he gets about 70-80 fps and outside that he gets up to 120 fps and its really really smooth on the high refresh monitor. as for the monitor itself, it's alright but not the best. the TN is pretty trash and viewing angles are abortion tier but i'm saying this as someone who has a $500+ top of the range IPS monitor so for you it would be just fine as a gaming and general use monitor.

Best future proofing would be a 1440p 144hz monitor but those aren't exactly cheap, I'm looking to get one personally.

Also, check out this site: 144hzmonitors.com/best-gaming-monitor/

use your nvidia control panel dummie

i want to continue to run everything on ultra on my gtx1070. whats a good monitor to keep my autism in check

IPS is a meme now. SVA and MVA rival it hard and provide very near picture quality and colours in comparison with the advantages of lower cost and lower latency compared to IPS.

something like this is really good:
pixiogaming.com/collections/monitors/products/px276-includes-islands-of-nyne-battle-royale

shit wrong link, meant this

pixiogaming.com/collections/monitors/products/new-px277

It's extremely hard to find 1080p 144hz IPS panel monitors, so good luck with that.
I think they only exist with 1440p.

Seems nice, what about the brand, though? My viewing angle is never more than just directly in front of me, is there even a noticeable difference between IPS and TN if that's the case?

>, is there even a noticeable difference between IPS and TN
Yes, pretty huge.

TN vs IPS isn't just about viewing angles. it's also about colour reproduction and depth. IPS has massively superior colour reproduction, accuracy and depth compared to TN as well as viewing angles. the benefits of TN are they're generally super cheap now cos it's basically ancient technology and also has really low latency at 1ms which is the requirement for twitch shooters like cs:go.

colour reproduction: IPS = VA >>TN
latency: TN ~= VA >> IPS
cost: TN > VA > IPS

> IPS = VA
That's wrong, and you know it.
IPS >> VA >>TN

get this

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB716M77942&cm_re=pixio-_-9SIAB716M77942-_-Product

it's literally the best monitor for it's price by a country mile. VA panel as well

tftcentral.co.uk/
prad.de/test-kaufberatung/testberichte/test-monitore/

AH-VA is literally considered IPS because it's that similar. see

How well do curved monitors mount? Thinking of just getting this and being done with it.

TN > IPS for twitch shooters unless you pay out the ass.
IPS > TN for everything else.
Top tier TN panels are indistinguishable from IPS, but you need to sell your kidneys and sacrifice a goat before dreaming of owning one.

For some reason, I get
>Sorry, We can't find this Item. Please check your Item#.

they mount the same as any other monitor

here's a vid of the monitor
youtu.be/j_KFd8TASdc

try again

Are there any decent 1600p IPS monitors out there already?

Same shit senpai. The model is pixio 9SIAB716M77942 right?

I havent read so much bullshit in one post for a long time.

>that disgusting rasterization effect on the IPS

You're making me want to buy a TN now

fug it, ordered. Thanks for the recommendation.

what?

You bought a reconditioned monitor. Good luck

user, be a bro and copypasta the name of the model, for some reason that link doesn't work for me.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB716M77942&cm_re=pixio-_-9SIAB716M77942-_-Product

he ordered the last one. it's out of stock. it was the last one at a discounted $199 because it was refurbished

Nigga, I appreciate the reply but as I said for whatever reason the link didn't work and still doesn't work for me, (I just get ),
I just need the name of the model to search it in another site that doesn't hate me.

>you should at the VERY least get a 144hz monitor.
going above 60hz is the fastest way to become a raging performance-fag, and ruin your PC budgets for good.

It's just horrifying to see these elitist fucks who literally, no joke, cannot play 60fps locked games any more.

If you're a midrange, 1080p, 60fps fag like me, I'd recommend Dell U2414H.

The bezel is quite thin, the color is nice. I bought it for gaming and editing photos. Most importantly, the price is also reasonable.

4k @ 60hz or 2k @ 165hz?

300$ difference but the 4k is 28" and the 2k is 23". My friend thinks I'll regret it if I don't get the 4k. I think the 2k might almost be better because of the refresh rate..

Opinions?

no point going 4k until the new ones are out later this year.
Also only a 1080 (pushed) /1080ti is really good for 4k.
I went for 1440p 144hz gysnc 27' screen as it will do until the drop the decent 4ks

>no reply.
Oh well. Can I have a confirm at least?
Was it this
model?

Was this
the* model?

>new PX277
That looks so much better than the old PX277

it was the:Pixio PX245c 24 inch 144Hz AMD FreeSync Samsung SVA FHD 1920 x 1080 Curved Professional Gaming Monitor

Special kind of autistic if you suddenly can't handle 60 fps anymore. Sure, it feels like a downgrade at first coming from 120fps, but you get used to it very fast and realize it's smooth enough.

Still, a 60 cap is crap, but the absolute minimum imo. I can handle 30 fps on console games though, since I have no other choice.

I forgot to include I require goysync because I fell for the nvidia 300$ premium meme

GOTTA GO FAST

look at the asus rog ones

Any 720p monitor, since the 1070 its budget tier

Alright, thanks.

Not OP but what's the best 30+ inches monitor nowadays? Price isn't really an issue.
I'm kinda ten years overdue for a replacement.

Are Acer predator x34p and the new 34 inch alienware any good?

Is there one with goysync?

They all look like freesync

Is there anyway to make it keep the nvidia settings and not randomly reset?

If I jump on the 144hz meme, will I be able to go back to 60hz without hating life like I do when I'm running 30fps now?

No, its the same effect.

IPS 144hz 1440p
Anything else is sup bar. Once you use an ips monitor like this for a while, no lesser monitor will be enough ever again.

This will cost you 400 - 800 $ depending on what monitor you will get, but it will be worth it.

Let's just say I would rather go from TN to IPS than from 1080p to 4k. IPS is just so much better.

>Refurbished
May the force be with you user.

>midrange
>1080p
>60fps

Nigga that's poorrange.

Yes you will, 30 fps is only shitty because it really isn't smooth.
I've had a 144hz screen for a couple years now and the meme that "you'll hate 60 fps after experiencing 120fps" is not true. 120+ fps does feel a lot smoother and better, but 60 fps will still stay as good as it is right now.

However, I do tend to play shooters on at least 120fps because I can't handle competitive shooters at 60 anymore.

This, mid-range is now 1440p 60fps.

When will 4k 144Hz monitor will be a thing?
I can't decide between the two, and my autism/jewishness prevents me from going with only one option if I have to buy another screen next year.

honestly 4k is a meme

the jump from 1080p to 1440p is visually bigger than 1440p to 4k, especially since you'd want a 27'' monitor and not bigger than that
Needless to say you won't be running any games at 144fps at 4k anyway, I'd just go and get a 1440p144 instead really

970 can do 90hz at 1080p perfectly fine. You can get a 1080p gsync monitor for relatively cheap. You'll really enjoy it.