Fire Emblem

What are your thoughts on the pair up system and would you like to see it in FE16?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NJ_QDPdkCOE
imgur.com/a/qGx6e
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/958471453711638528
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/963043308267126784
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/953201480386756609
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/958488303044472832
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/958464907531337728
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pair up system
Bad.
>would you like to see it
No.

Saging because veiled waifu thread.

Not a downvote.

I liked pair up but it's time for a new set of mechanics.

NO PANTIES

>don't want to sit around and post waifu pictures all day
>y-you're from reddit
Fuck off. You niggers are parasites and you're killing FE.

Something something tradition.

Considering that FE would be well and truly dead without waifufags buying the games, you're not just wrong but an idiot, too.

Pair up is dumb as it's pointless to not use it.

If it were situationally beneficial instead, then maybe. But as it, it just halves your available units on the map.

>instead of contributing to discussion let me complain like a little bitch and shitpost!
noggin joggin

Better than being a festering corpse infested by waifufags.

The discussion of Catria's lack of panties, you mean. What a thought-provoking discussion. Why don't you just start posting about mommy's milkies so we can get this thread over with?

I don't even like FE. But I hope it's a full blown wafiu series to spite you

I like it, but specifically the Fates version with attack stance, and guard stance. Guard stance could use an extra nerf though like decreasing stat bonuses provided. Attack stance is the one I like the most out of it though, with making inventory management with trading, and positioning all the more rewarding. I also find pair up to be a better mechanic than rescue due to not favouring mounts and men as much in a series that already favours mounts, shelter should still have an innate canto to it when you use shelter, to allow hit and run tactics.

>He doesn't think having stat bonuses and being immune to attack stance isn't beneficial

>I don't even like FE
No shit, you're a waifufag.

lol did the numale not get enough soylent today to stop being so cranky? Keep crying and not even trying to talk about the topic at hand.

Damn you found me out. It's not like I don't have other better SRPGs to play or something. But wafiu dude LMAO

I'm glad you admit it, at least.

I feel like the fates version of pair up could work fine if, instead of the difficulty coming from shit like lunge chains and 6 enemies attacking at once with attack stance, a lot of the difficulty came from side objectives like in the ice tribe level or chapter 10. If you NEEDED to utilize attack stance yourself and it becomes less common in the enemies then guard stance becomes weaker.

I'm glad I'm not some bitter fanboy of a shitty series.

>lunge chains
Literally nothing wrong with lunge except when it got overboard in 23 on Lunatic. And what do you mean by AS being less common from the enemies, that's a thing that happens by default whenever you're adjacent to an allied unit. You're saying the AI should not use it despite being adjacent to an ally, and despite it being beneficial to them?

>Guard stance could use an extra nerf though like decreasing stat bonuses provided
Add in not blocking attack stance entriely and only slightly decreasing damage it could work out.

>This fanbase made waifufags the boogie man

this is just sad

Sex with animals, am I right?

It feels like a trailer for it is long overdue

I was mostly thinking of birthright when I made that statement which I guess was a mistake. Conquest tends to have smaller pods of enemies.

So I was recently replaying Chrono Trigger when I noticed something
>alloyblade

Catria loves her Pegasus very much and would never engage in such immoral acts.

Getting tired of it. Was fun for the games it was in and all but I wouldn't welcome it a third time.

I love the fact that Catria is honest with her feelings.

You're a fucking retard. He asked a question about gameplay and posted a character.

That's why it's a veiled waifu thread.

Depends if Guard stance gets a nerf or not. If it does I'll welcome it.

Bad, fuck no. Bring back rescue though.

Birthright doesn't even give skills to common enemies.

Would Catria ride me if I pretended to be her pegasus?

>Boris

Are Peg Knights canonically nopan?

>It's pointless to use
You do realise alot of the reason people hate it is because it's over powered

Have another

At least for Hoshidan ones if you strip them, they still wear underwear.

Nope

Rescue doesn't allow dumb shit like shuttling one unit from one side of the map to the other while still getting an action, also shelter allowing Azura double dance is also dumb

Shiida > Est > Palla > Catria

Rescue is worthless to anyone who isn't a cav or flyer since its only use is chaining.

You need to expend two units just to allow Azura dance two times per turn, if anything you're losing even more actions per turn by doing that, so I see that as a fair trade. And you need to have already have positioned multiple units act as stations across the map to have a unit be moved across the map, no different than what could also be done using rescue. How about actually play the games?

I feel like attack stance should be either a common skill or a perk certain weapon types get. That way you can set up enemy duel strike scenarios but don't get it to the point of late game conquest where guard stance becomes a near necessity

No, but it does spam enemies out the ass

A foot soldier can rescue drop so the rescued unit and rescuing mount can have better a better enemy phase and be ready to act on the next player phase.
Now that you got some game tips, don't post anymore, ok?

Let's face it; it and Pokemon are not coming out this year and the claims were only ever a rash decision by Nintendo without IS' and GF's knowledge in order to push the Switch.

You literally just explained rescue chaining except for the fact with rescue the unit you're ferrying can't act meaning you actually have a consequence for being in a bad position

Kaeda > Catria > Palla >> Est

>シーダ
>Kaeda
What is this autism

Learning jap is the true autism. Caeda will never be pronounced any other way.

Gaelic is the biggest pile of shit known to man.

where the fuck did you find these edits ?

Est = Catria > Palla > Shiita

Sumia>Cordelia>These literally who thots.

user, Sumia and Cordelia are the thots

I like Sumia too but she's from a different game.

>loves
>ditches it for a wyvern as soon as she promotes

>pan
Never post this again.

Reminder that Sumia is the only 1st gen with Galeforce + offensive proc other than female Robin.

Cordelia doesn't need it when she crits out the ass and heals off any damage with Sol.

What about Cordelia?

The closest thing to an offensive proc she has is Vengeance which is pretty ass for Apo.

Crits do nothing in the hardest DLCs since extra damage is calculated after damage reduction is taken off. Sol is one of the worst skills to waste a slot on.

Do you have the size of a BPC?

That's rescue chaining you literal retard.

>talking about Apo
>using Sumia

>crits out the ass
Sumia and Cordelia have the same Skill cap.

Pretty much, the rabid anti-waifufags are the worst. I got called a waifufag once for calling Echoes a shit game because of it's awful gameplay, and when asked them what is good about Echoes gameplay, I got this.

>Making comparisons based on DLC potential
Even then you're gonna be using Mon maxed kids if you're doing the doc, the difference between them is negligible

>Chrom's onahole and dreams of being Chrom's onahole

I mean, Est has probably slept with at least several thousand men so she's a mega-thot so you are 1/3rd right.

Not him, but why do you think Echoes has shit gameplay?
I like the game and Gaiden, but I personally hate the fact that they kept the shitty maps of the original and both weapon upgrading and side-quests are huge pains in the ass.

Those aren't waifufags, those are Echoestards. Gaidenshitters desperate to defend their shit game by any means.

As someone that didn't like Awakening, Echoes is mega-Awakening. It's easier, simpler, has worse maps, has shallower mechanics, and the cute gimmicks don't add anything to the actual game because of how terrible the core gameplay is.

>But I hope it's a full blown waifu series

You're in luck

Lissa, Maribelle and Olivia can get it as well, what are you talking about?

>Caeda
>Marth's onahole
>Catria
>Wants to be Marth's onahole
>Palla
>Wants to be Able's onahole
I can do that shit too as well.

Is that why she hates Abel?

>haha peg knights don't wear underwear so funny right guys

Pair up is dumb and makes no sense either gameplay-wise or lorewise. Are we supposed to imagine Chrom flying around with Sumia glued to his back? Fuck that shit.
Rescue should be available for mounted units and shove should be universally available to foot units.

tfw Catria's unrequited crush thing used to only be a minor part of her character but now it's the only thing anyone talks about

And this is why Minerva is superior.

Yes, Abel is 2pure4her

I should've added capable of doubling Anna.
Olivia's too slow.
Lissa and Maribelle don't have offensive procs.

Okay, I believe you.
I never said Echoes was good though, even though I like it.

Uh, sweetie

How does it not? It's literally just the two unit sticking close to each other, and working together in battle, just like you see in combat.
I don't like the mechanic, but it makes sense fine.

Pair-up has always been an awful mechanic even in other SRPGs, I hate turning units into stat-backpacks. Fates Attack stance is the only acceptable comprise.

Cuck memes got out of hand hard.

Damn what a bitch. Poor Abel. He even fucking died looking for her.

Everyone has their guilty pleasures. I fucking love Conquest despite the godawful story and cast.

>thinking about DLC
>thinking about being able to fight the final boss of the DLC
>>>>>>still considering using any other first gens besides Chrom, Robin, and Olivia in the first place

Pair up makes sense for infantry units and two mounted units but for infantry and mounted it doesn't make any sense.

Too bad Marth is the biggest cuck of all.
"Silver tongue" my ass.

>everyone wanted to fuck Marth and Alm
>Lords weren't allowed to pick and choose until Seliph

If you're gonna complain about lore in FE you should also complain about promotion items magically magically giving random mounts and armor, or throwing axes coming back to peoples hand like a fucking boomerang.

Conquest is the mcdonalds of the series

Echoes did the pair up system right. Just one on one battles with a slight boost in stats. I felt like pair ups in Fates were overpowered and easily exploitable.

I don't like it as mechanic either but it makes more logical sense than rescue allowing a guy on a horse to carry another guy on a horse. On a side note why shouldn't infantry get shove and rescue?

You mean the support bonuses that have been a thing for forever?

I dunno, a lot of people REALLY want to fuck Marth.

New Mystery's self-insert turned down free bareback sex with leg locks and the promise of bearing his children in favor of spending time with Marth at a war meeting.

That's not pair up that's just the support system and attack stance could do that as well.

I don't get the comparison. Wouldn't FE7 be McDonalds?

>Marf in lore constantly referred to by his charisma and ability to create friends and allies
>Warriors supports demonstrate this, even winning over the team edgelord
>only support in New Mystery was with Caeda
Kris was a mistake.
I personally feel like Lords should be able to support with everyone else in the games that have them.

Spotted Delphishit

Kris was pretty fucking bad, definitely. He was the prime example of how not to add a new character into a remake.

I really enjoy Conquest's gameplay but everything else about it is horrific in regards to the rest of the series.
Likewise, macky dees is fun to grab lunch at but nothing there will ever be my favorite thing to eat.
we were actually talking about this just yesterday but I agreed with his point desu

All of that is the dumbest shit though. I actually could believe throwing axes if they were just a bag of small hatchets or something. The promotion items are retarded though because they just give units permanent weaknesses when they pull that crap.
WHOOPS BETTER WATCH OUT FOR HAMMERS AND HORSESLAYERS NOW FUCKER
I mean, this crap was sort of acceptable in games where you could dismount, but none of the games have ever let you remove your armor.

can't argue with strong and thick dragon dick

Ah, I see what you mean.

>He was the prime example of how not to do a character in a game.
Fixed. And then they kept fucking it up with two mary sues right after.

You do realize that in exchange for gaining a weakness you also gain way more movement?

I think the best example of Marth being like that was in FE11 after retaking his homeland, and he goes out to hype his people up anyway even though he feels like shit because all his family are dead/kidnapped

Can anyone explain to me why so many people actually give a fuck about realism in FE/ From armor designs(which has never been 100% realistic) to gameplay implementation, it just seems like a waste of time to worry about that in a genre consists of two groups taking turns beating the shit out of each other.

>What are your thoughts on the pair up system and would you like to see it in FE16?

Don't like the Awakening and Fates version. Prefer the classic keep it simple and/or just buffs for being near friends.

If anything, bring back affinities and have them act differently.
Red affinity pair you get a "war cry" style dialogue and you get atk buff when you initiate combat.
Blue affinity pair passes you candy making you go faster
Green affinity pair raises your awareness so you can dodge

The shoving in awakening/fates was just awkward.

Fuck off. There's a reason you fuckers are dogpiled in every FE thread. Nobody likes waifufags except Heroesfags, and waifufags are the worse between the two.

Taking it out of echoes was a major mistake. It made units with low movement completely useless because you could pair them up with another unit and bus them to where they needed.

Advanced Wars is turn based but manages to still make sense with how units with lower HP are less effective in combat, and how certain units are weak to certain units just like irl modern military.

Robin wasn't that bad. Hell, if Robin wasn't customisable I bet everyone would circlejerk him.

Keeps things feeling grounded and believable, so you actually care about what's going on in the plotline and to a lesser extent, relate to the characters.

I mean this in terms of writing quality and how the game is presented though, and not for gameplay. Anyone arguing about the gameplay segregation is retarded, I need a swordmaster to carry 5 different swords on them and that's that.

>Armor
>way more movement
Really makes me thnk.

>Cipher's 12th series is coming out soon
>the 13th and 14th are announced, and we're getting a Blazing Sword starter deck
Can anything stop the Ciphereckoning?

I kinda hope they bring back some form of affinity so you actually put a bit more thought into support pairings. I actually like RDs system from a gameplay standpoint as it was the only FE where I felt affinity was relevant, even if it was pretty imbalanced (earth affinity)

Shit like boomerang axes, promotion items, and pair ups have never hindered story and characters.

I was talking about infantry gaining a mount.

Robin was actually really limited by the fact that they were customisable because they couldn't branch out the personality. It was just "HUEEE TACTICS!"
This is where shit gets really bad in Fates because the self insert is the main lead of the story, which means nothing meaningful can be done with the main character because it wont fit the way people want to play as them. I bet first time players all love their SI looking like a retard when Azura does her mystery dance thing.

>I kinda hope they bring back some form of affinity so you actually put a bit more thought into support pairings. I actually like RDs system from a gameplay standpoint as it was the only FE where I felt affinity was relevant, even if it was pretty imbalanced (earth affinity)
Really hate that RD was so limited.

what percentage of the FE audience is japan and not japan

Yeah, I hope the huge negative reception to Corrin even by the Japanese might hint to IS that a blank insert is awful, give the damn character some personality.

RD was super unfinished like Awakening and Fates.

Cecil looking ugly

Maybe 60/40

Self insert player characters only work in games like Bethesda RPGs imo, where there's emphasis placed on choice.
Fates, for a game being entirely advertised on choices, is surprisingly limited in that department. I was actually really intrigued by the idea of playing a diehard Nohr supporter Corrin, but the game limits you to being a sappy bitch on all three routes.

>Bethesda
>choice
Nice try Todd

One thing I really hate about marriage is how inconsequential it feel after my unit got married, they won't have anymore fun support dialogue and the only reward I got is some new unit which I never use because I already like their parents too much to replace any of them. I feel like if they were going with pair up they might as well go full anime and make them as over the top as possible, have special mechanic for married couples like said a male archer using his maid wife dagger as an arrow thus allowing him usage of weapon not of his class and unique post battle banter for them.

>RD was super unfinished like Awakening and Fates.
I meant in terms of physical copies. Missed out on that game. Thus i passed up PoR.

It doesn't help that even when going conquest nohr is still super evil and hoshido can do nothing wrong which cheapens the choice for me

Yeah, and Corrin trying to be a wannabe Marth on Nohr was fucking awful because actual Marth would have told Garon to fuck off like 10 chapters into the game.

>where there's emphasis placed on choice
>choice
>In a Bethesda game

I think this is a problem in almost every game with a supplementary romance system added in. Once you actually "get" your character of choice, all their content dries out and you don't get to hang out with them for the rest of the game.
Man, they fucked Nohr up for everyone. I outright wanted to play as a super evil prick because Fire Emblem (understandable) never lets you do that, but I couldn't. People who wanted to have a grey vs grey war didn't get that either.
Marth's style of diplomacy is legit. He tends to get boiled down into Mr Friendship in most appearances, but in FE3 and 11 (the games I consider him to be the best written in) he gives someone one chance to talk things out, and if they disagree he's basically "alright I respect it but now I'm going to fuck your shit with my boys"

don't make me bring up bioware instead you faggots

>mfw this is considered a 10/10 in Archanea

>a genre consists of two groups taking turns beating the shit out of each other
That's literally every action/war story ever.

jesus source pls

>special mechanic for married couples like said a male archer using his maid wife dagger as an arrow
FUCKING GIVE ME THIS SHIT

>he doesn't want to be double teamed by the smug cavs

At least Bioware actually manages to continue and expand any relationships you are in.

>veiled waifu thread
I thought according to the FE fanbase females can only be waifus if there's a self-insert? That's what the part that hates Awakening and Fates tells me anyway.

Dont even have to go that far, just do what many rpgs do/did and give them special dialogue in the story, but this requires IS to be good at writing, especially writing unique situational dialogue. That said I agree over the top love support combos would be hilarious and welcome long as I can turn it off later

LOOK OUT KIDS, IT'S FUCKING GUTSMAN

>RD was super unfinished
I don't know if it was unfinished, just really, really clunky, and trying to finish a game whose story was cut off partway through because of lord knows what reasons.
>Like 13 and 14
Explain.

That would be pretty neat, the closest we got was small amounts of weapon inheritance from Jugdral. Plus breeding the Great Chad, Sety

nvr mind found him, his use of colors is fucking godly

>People who wanted to have a grey vs grey war didn't get that either.
I really wish that's how Fates played out. You can see very small traces of what could've been something like that in the writing too but they went full retard for some reason.

>Draug
>Armor Knight
Nothing to fear, he'll never catch up to me. Its a desert map!

Id really like a time skip story line if we have kids again, but i doubt IS will do it due to fans complaining they lose their favorite units

>when you go so fast that you loop around and have moderate speed but still have guaranteed +1 speeds every level up to make up for it

The main character would always be fairly bland and inoffensive anyway. Echoes Alm is really no different from Kris or Robin in that sense.

In spite of Hector's popularity, even a barely more aggressive main character seems to be too far for IS (Hector pretty much only was like that because he wasn't the main lord in the initial run of the player anyway).

At this point though, part of the blame goes to the localization teams, since so far they've always thrown away the extra scripts for the avatar that are in the Japanese version, rather than translating them into anything, when giving them a more assertive personality likely would be a popular option.

Corin's biggest sin is that although the narrative tries to sell her as another inoffensive insert, the actions she takes in the story are just off-putting to a lot of people even if the characters excuse her.

RD has weapons and units removed and the entire support system and character specific endings gone. Ike was supposed to be able to support many people like Micaiah, Elincia, Lethe and Mia.

Awakening past Chapter 13 dwindles the amount of units that join you and even when they join you, they have 2-3 supports only, and the story rushes past Chapter 13.

Fates was supposed to have 3D villages Corrin could walk around in, a world map, a huge castle you could build, and more. All of which was reused for Echoes, you can even hack the game and make Alm walk around and explore the villages.

>So fast they based the character Sonic on you after seeing your speed

A lot of terrible stories just really tend to leave idea after idea for people to try and construct a better narrative or execution out of their components.
Though you still get people who say the entire story to FE13 and 14 should've been fed to a paper shredder.

Considering how popular Celica and Female Corrin are, I doubt that'll happen. Yeah, Male Corrin is the unpopular one, not Corrin in general. People fucking adore bland inoffensive girls.

Eh, it's all about how they present the character's flaws IMO. Alm and Hector get called out for shit. Sometimes they're still right about something, but characters like Clive will question them anyway.

Kris, Robin and Corrin as you said, are their world's version of jesus, apparently. I think Takumi is as close as it gets to a character not buying into the Corrin Kool Aid but that falls apart pretty quick.

Why is Catria looking scared underneath what looks like a horse?

Nah, Kris is more like Saint Peter while Marth is the Jesus.

RD was rushed out to finish. The story is loosely taped together with shitty plot excuses like a magical teleporting Black Knight and blood pacts and more, and supports and specific character endings were removed entirely. The support menu is still in the game's files, they just never added the supports themselves in.

Here are some examples.

Ike x: Kurthnaga, Ranulf, Micaiah, Mist, Nasir, Nailah, Oscar, Lethe, Reyson, Soren, Sothe, Titania, Tibarn, Volke, Mia, Zihark

Elincia x: Geoffrey, Ike, Kieran, Ranulf, Leanne, Renning, Lucia, Marcia, Mist, Nephnee, Nailah, Pelleas, Sanaki, Tibarn, Bastian

Micaiah x: Naesala, Nailah, Nolan, Volug, Rafiel, Soren, Skrimir, Stefan, Sothe, Tauroneo, Tormod

I was really hoping conquest revealed Hoshido was full of aristocratic ass holes and all the happiness was just a front as opposed to not Japan is perfect in every way

Don't forget how the entirety of revelations is rushed mess of a game

The Male Corrin Female Corrin dynamic in the fanbase is fucking hilarious to me. Both characters are identical, yet one is significantly more appreciated than the other and it's purely because they're attractive. I respect the fans who admit it and laugh at the ones in denial.
Is kinda disappointing how FE handles their female protags though. Eirika and Celica are basically the same person, Lyn is largely irrelevant in her game and has devolved into player/Mark pandering bullshit over time. Micky is the only one that steps out of the box but then daddy Ike slaps her right back into it.

>Fates is the Star Wars prequels of video games

God, Celica's popularity is the worst. Echoes had such a fun cast but the most popular characters are the horribly bland and inoffensive Alm and the irritating but designated love interest Celica.

>I respect the fans who admit it and laugh at the ones in denial.
By the authority granted to me by the Cred Forums Empire, I hereby sentence you to death. Any last words, heretic?

>whatever we get after this will be 10 times worse

PLEASE NO

Shanna is superior
>Heyyyy its the chief!

IIRC birthright Leo only sides with Corrin after being shown Garon's evil by Azura or something. In general the younger brothers are probably the least shit royals from a writing perspective

>and has devolved into player/Mark pandering bullshit over time
And I thought I was the only one who noticed how completely bullshit that DLC dialogue with the Lyn simulacrum was.

Dumb Heroes shitter.

you dastard
I think it's because their character quirk is "the intelligent one of the family" so maybe they actually tried when writing them. Birthright Leo will never fail to make me laugh with his convenient two way teleportation magic to grab a cool plot device without slowing you down.

>In general the younger brothers are probably the least shit royals from a writing perspective
Except Takumi is one of the most obnoxious and offensive characters in the entire game.

Even then Michaiah has her classic FE female protagonist moment when she lets Jarod go in the map where you get the Black Knight

>Alm got called out for shit

No he didn't, Celica whined over Alm taking a hilariously realistic view of the situation and then threw a temper tantrum. They made Alm such a goody two shoes but kept Celica's extremist attitude that their dynamic made absolutely no sense anymore due to how rational Alm was.

If you want to get technical, Echoes came afterwards, so we might be safe.

We're all trying to make FE relevant as hard as we can right? Did my best.

Not just the Celica thing though, Clive has a lot of doubts regarding Alm throughout the middle half of the story and he isn't readily accepted as the team leader. You're right in that Alm is for the most part quite inoffensive and isn't as much of his own person as he should be, but the way he's presented with other characters not ALWAYS agreeing with his shit makes me like him more than the self inserts.
It can actually get really interesting if you fuck up the Mathilda rescue. Clive goes off on Alm, Tobin and Gray go off on Clive to back up Alm, and then Clair joins in too.

Except didn't FE15 completely wreck FE2's narrative for the sake of shoehorning in retroactive tropes from FE13 and 14?

I dunno, Echoes hurt me more than Fates. You could press Start to free yourself of Fates story but you can't skip Echoes gameplay.

Yeah, the Matilda part is the only part where it makes sense. Clive harping on Alm didn't even make much sense because Clive himself insisted that Alm take over.

*Robin

user, official name is Tobin, don't make things confusing.

It's pretty sad. Lyn receives hardly any new content talking about all her other friends in the game like Florina, Hector and Eliwood and goes on and on about That One Tactician she used to know instead.

Echoes base gameplay is actually really fun IMO. Archers are really fun for once, arts are cool, terrain being a huge deal with magic as the counter, all the cleric shenanigans.
It just suffers from archaic map design (which is really weird because FE1 maps were good?!) and enemy units like Cantors.

Fuck you. The FE13 MU doesn't deserve a name other than MU.

It's cute to play around with but none of it makes the gameplay good. It's amusing but it's easier than Awakening and arguably as bad as Revelations.

Remember when Lyn was sorta pushed a bit with Hector with those special convos only available if they had an A-rank? Yeah, you can forget about that, if there's ever a remake it'll be all about pushing TacticianxLyn.

And yeah, I don't care for either Corrin for that reason. Even better is that the Female Corrin is treated as canon to Conquest, which is the Corrin that people would complain about most. Personally I just don't care for the type of female who's primary traits are how pure and kind and caring she is.

The only thing I'll give her is that she has an overly religious angle, which combined with her idealism makes her look like a bitch to Alm. I kinda feel like they were trying to make her look like she had a point but fucked it up because of how they change'd Alm to be more standard himself. But outside of that she's basically just Eirika, though that may be an odd thing to say given that technically Celica existed first.

You've never made a tough decision that you continued to have doubts about after it was made?
Clive's actions are questioned by one of his oldest and closest friends, and it's very likely that in his younger years Clive would have completely agreed so being in turmoil about it is understandable, especially with the whole "I guess Alm is king now?" thing. It also helps Alm become a stronger leader if he isn't surrounded by yes men.

>lose the final battle against Desaix, Lukas proceeds to win it by himself
>try to recruit some old man as a figurehead, instead get the Chosen One with his magic bloodline and god-killing sword
>the most beautiful woman on the continent wants to bear your children
>be the worst horse unit in the game, get literally all the credit at the end of the game

Is there a bigger Chad than Clive?

Clive flip flops too much. First he's a 100% Alm fanboy, then the second Fernand badmouths Alm he has doubts, and then at the end of Chapter 3 he's an Alm fanboy again, and then for no reason he's doubtful of Alm again.

Not him but I'll take bland, boring maps over outright irritating ones like Revelations. I would even play the original Gaiden over Revelations, and that's lacking in even the slight redeeming features of Echoes.
Revelations is a fucking insult to Conquest, which people lump in it in far too often with, which makes me hate it even more.
>hurr here have another teleport island map those are fun right

I'd take Revelations over Gaiden maps. I have never been so bored with a game in my life, and I play fucking Disgaea.

Birthright is the most boring FE game. It's Awakening but somehow even easier and lacking all the charm.

Thats Impossible,without those games Nintendo wont have a holiday line-up

The fucking swamp maps in Celica's chapters are worse than anything in Revelation.

>Birthright is the most boring FE game

That's not Gaiden or Echoes. I don't even like Birthright and Revelations but I'd rather play either of them than Gaiden or Echoes.

Why didn't Ike fuck Lethe?
>fucks off with Ranulf
>dies of aids

Dont forget to mention the absolutely horrible unit balance, though that doesnt exactly factor into map design it will make some maps even more frustrating than others, seriously, fuck Rev.

Soren fanboys had a mole in IS that convinced them to cut supports from the game.

The main issue is that in those scenes Clive is clearly shown to be wrong and he even feels bad about doing it. Heck, the plot goes out of its way to make Clive completely ignore the whole Royal Sword scene in order to actually push forward that subplot.

It's really no different from Lucina's failed attempt to kill Robin or Takumi initially being suspicious of Corrin. It's also portrayed as a weakness of their character and they get over it.

Well then you and I will have to disagree. I'll take boring, bland maps over gimmicky shit forcing me to wait for elevators. Revelations barely qualifies for a game of mercantile quality.
Not even close, at least you can move sometimes.

Nothing matters in Echoes except every moment spent with Celica.

Ike was retconned into men only despite having a games worth of potential candidates previously. PoR/RD remake when

Yes, because Echoes is a shining example of balance.

does anyone really "play" birthright though, or is it really just "watching" as ryoma murders a continent

>Echoes barely qualifies for a game of mercantile quality

It's an SRPG with mediocre, ublalanced RPG mechanics and no strategy.

So what are the chances that FE1/3 gets ANOTHER remake because of how much Japan loves those games?

If it does happen, what would you want to see fixed from the other remakes?

I made it to the first floating island map and I think that was as far as I got before dropping it. Never went back and finished it. The fucking map with the snow covering the whole town earlier on was excruciating for me.

I did manage to finish Awakening, Birthright and Echoes, but not without some difficulty. That means the only recent FE I haven't had trouble finishing was Conquest. A dumb story is bad, but the gameplay didn't put me to sleep or annoy me with shitty map gimmicks.

Don't use Ryoma then, there are plenty of weaker units you use instead. He's basically mid-game Seth.

Best way to "play" BR is to bench ryoma/takumi, gives a bit more challenge though that doesnt stop the game from being a complete slog of reinforcement spam after chapter 20 or so.

>units with lower HP are less effective in combat
Would this work in FE?

While the story and characters in birthright are boring as sin the maps are at least slightly more interesting than awakening, though that's really not saying much

You seem to think I like Echoes. I don't, it's shit. But if you think that Revelations, which has zero redeeming aspects is better than one that at least has 1 slightly good aspect, then I don't know what to tell you man.
Revelations itself isn't just boring, it actively shits on the player with as irritating mechanics as possible. Echoes is just boring as fuck and it's more fun to read a fucking phonebook.
I think a game that actively shits on the player in absolutely every fucking aspect is worse than one that's so boring it's near unplayable, but that's just me.

Anyone playing the new Warriors dlc yet? Which skills should i put on Anna's and Linde's unique weapons other than rainstorm and 2 slayer skills?

It seems like an eventuality. Honestly as a massive Archaneafag I'd really want it. There's some great characters and plotlines in the two games but none of the remakes are as good as they could be. Echoes style remake would be godtier, especially because their style of leaving the maps alone would actually work out.

Throw in some random DLC about Marth and Alm teaming up to crush some bastards, perfect FE game.

Stat penalties when on 10% health or something I guess. It admittedly wouldn't work if they neuter everyone's hp stat like they did in Fates

Revelations has a few decent maps, that's more than Echoes maybe 1-2 good maps.

Anyway, we can argue about this the whole day, we better stop. I despite Echoes with all my heart and you feel the same for Rev.

Dont think itd work well, theyd be better off gutting the roster and making a langrisser type system clone if your aim was to make units less effective at lower HP

not that user but you at least like twilight of the gods right

>Echoes style remake would be godtier, especially because their style of leaving the maps alone would actually work out

It's funny how the one game that deserved a complete gameplay overhaul didn't get one when Kaga himself has said that he has always wanted to remake Gaiden by removing the maps and overhauling the gameplay.

Crit Focus
Pair Up+
Sword/Tomebreaker

This is my idea for chilluns, r8

>Game is split into two arcs separated by a timeskip
>Supports are back as always, but to pursue romance and unlock the ability to get the S Supports you have to actively accomplish certain objectives on certain levels with the character doing the romancing
>Say, your Avatar wants to get with a Pegasus knight, and as a gift wants to get her a comb for her Pegasus. On a particular level there is a comb held by a miniboss unit, so your Avatar needs to personally beat them to loot the gift.
>When the first arc ends, all characters you have will "age" for the second arc, changing in physical appearance, unlocking new skills and both gain and lose stat points depending on their class - a myrmidon might gain speed and lose defense
>In addition, paired couples will have children together, predetermined in personality but differing in stats, facial features and hair/clothing color based on the parents. Women who don't marry will have their default children made with a peasant and have lower stats, and in some cases just adopt a kid.

Not him but the swamp maps do really make the unit imbalance on Celica's path really apparent when Dreadfighters, Falcos and Bow knights are the only classes that can do anything

No, it fucking doesn't, and no, Anankos was average at best. And even if it did, that doesn't make the rest of the game suddenly redeemed, much like Echoes decent DLC maps don't suddenly make the rest of the game less of a boring shitpile.
You're placing diseased, radioactive feces on a tier higher than diseased, but not radioactive feces.

>Heck, the plot goes out of its way to make Clive completely ignore the whole Royal Sword scene in order to actually push forward that subplot.
Man, that shit was fucking dumb. Alm should have just tossed it to him and said "here, catch".

I love Echoes OST. I love most of the cast, especially based Lukas and Saber. I love the voice acting and I'm a huge Hidarifag.

It's the maps and gameplay I have issues with.

I think another Shadow Dragon remake is kind of inevitable. It's a fairly important game in Japan, but due to how they messed up the remake it's irrelevant in the West.

A remake with modern presentation, more story and supports will happen at some point. Alternatively, they could also go with a new direct sequel to FE3, still featuring many of the same characters alongside new ones.

>Pair Up+
I don't think i unlocked that skill yet, is it one of those locked behind kills or is it a specific mission?

At least I can fucking move, although to be honest the game was so boring at that point that I dropped it for a month before picking it up again.

Sure, user, we can argue about this all day but I really want to post on the Pillars of Eternity thread right now. We are just going to constantly disagree anyway while you use more and more insults.

No more pair ups. Instead make Rescue and Shove regular commands again. Hell you can even bring some of the movement stuff from Heroes in like Reposition and Draw Back. That'd be way better than having fucking pair up again.

good taste my guy
side objectives purely for romance seems kinda retarded in a war setting but the general idea seems neat.
ultimately I think child units just need a break, though. We only had them in FE4 for the vast majority of the series and now just got it back to back, it can leave off for a bit.

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY GET RID OF HIM

Honestly FE12 needs a remake more with FE11 Marth.

We already got one and it sucks.

Drama and conflict. Nintendo screwed up Thracia's release.

Kaga on his own is too much though, he's an absolute madman and needs people to reel him in or he will make ridiculously brutal and confusing maps.

>Kaga himself has said that he has always wanted to remake Gaiden by removing the maps and overhauling the gameplay.
Post source or you're full of shit
They didn't get rid of him, he left to form his own company.

>shitty idol-themed RPG with based Strange Journey's combat slapped on

God, this game makes me so mad, doubly so since I'm a huge FEfag AND SMTfag.

I'd love a FE3 sequel that involves both continents but I really don't know what plotline you could have for it. Both sides have already defeated evil god dragons (Marth did it twice for fucks sake) so there's no way they could do that again and make it convincing.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that Marth and Alm wouldn't be great friends, so war between the two (while sounding hype as fuck on paper, catch me in RD 3-13) wouldn't make a whole lot of sense unless there was a setup by a 3rd party. That sounds kinda neat I guess.

yes
no

>and it sucks
Wrong.

Share faggot

>insults
There was no insults to you user, only a statement that Revelations is not a good game and it's physically impossible for anything to be worse than it, barring buggy/glitchy titles. I'm sorry that you took it that way, but have fun with PoE I guess. Revelations was just so bad that any time someone praises it as better than another FE I feel the need to say something.

The George Lucas souls of Fire Emblem

I'd greatly enjoy a proper FE3 remake that actually contains both books.

I legit enjoyed Echoes gameplay more than Conquest

>FE5's bonus chapters
>Chapter 24x
You can say what you want about Echoes having bland maps, but FE5's bonus maps coupled with its game mechanics is pure suffering. Fucking hidden teleport tiles that might as well equal death for a character unless you've been hoarding rescues.

And I feel the same when someone says that Echoes ISN'T the worst game in the series.

>voice acted battle conversation between Minerva and Michalis

I like pair ups a lot but I often times found little reason to not have stat backpacks on.

And I'm sure someone out there enjoyed the Conquest characters more than Echoes'.

Several interviews, some are hard to find. The post-Gaiden release is the easy one to find. This one has more boring stuff like "But in doing so it probably lost some of the charm that made it a strategy game in the first place.

It probably feels more like a regular RPG as a result of these changes."

More stuff in other interviews, go look yourself.

WHAT IF
OTHER BOOK

FE5 in general is Kaga at maximum capacity. Post FE5 Kaga games have a lot of bullshit like that too.

>POR had Ike insist that he wanted to support with Soren, has him have a close relationship with Ranulf has him tell Elinicia that he'll fuck off the moment their contract ends, and Lethe he never speaks to again.
>RD cuts out Lethe and Elincia and focuses on Soren and Ranulf
Or maybe the female characters outside of Mist and Titania simply weren't important to Ike, so they could be cut.

Well I'm sorry that we couldn't come to an agreement user. I just don't take kindly when a game shits on me in comparison to one when the game shits on itself.
Also Echoes isn't worse than Gaiden. Gaiden didn't even have a couple DLC maps to actually make 15 minutes of worthwhile gameplay to compliment the unplayably bad main game.

Part of me kind of likes how they actually made a map that basically combines all of Thracia's bullshit together, all its really missing is enemy dancers

>make a claim
>"provide evidence to your claim please"
>"uhhh go find it yourself lol"
Fuck off

Tellius was all about fujo pandering.

Well yeah some of them are ok, I just hated the unit mechanics and outside of the one defend map and the dual takumi, the maps too. I genuinely prefer squad based unit management over map point management.

It depends on the FE game. In games like Genealogy it'd work since everyone had enormous health pools but in games like Fates with very low HP per unit it wouldn't work so good.

Yeah, different strokes, I felt Echoes to be insulting to me personally.

Happy hunting, fag.

Eh, boring doesn't insult me, forcing me to sit there and break every single snow block does.
Boring just makes me drop the game faster, so I'm grateful because I wasted less of my time playing a shitty game, although I ended up playing both over the course of several months.

Nah, I'm pretty sure you just pulled it out of your ass now.

she killed millions

Rev probably bothered me less since you get a semi decent map every once in a while plus the child recruitment maps but Echoes had 1-2 decent maps per Act.

All for a guy who wasn't even worth it.

Goodnight user, I'm not going to go reread Google translated interviews for some stranger.

Most the Hoshido child recruitment maps are pretty ass though

Yeah, I meant stuff like Soliel.

Ah that's cool man. I think a better way to describe the issue I had was active boredom (combined with anger) vs passive boredom (combined with periods of dropping the game and forcing myself to finish it).

but camus is canonically the greatest man alive

But that's the mysterious masked knight Sirius, user.

Of course she is. Marth isn't going to give her anything so she goes for the next best thing.

Not him but both of those bother me, which is very unfortunate. I will say Echoes at least benefits from better writing and especially worldbuilding, but even then the story and characters aren't all that amazing to me.

She isn't entirely sure if her body can handle its size.

I guess? But those don't save the most important part of the game, the gameplay. Which makes both of them a waste of money (or time, if you're a pirate).

I don't think you need neglect AS to a skill or perk of a weapon. It's in the top 5 best mechanics in the series. It should be a staple from now on, because like support bonuses or the weapon triangle it ties into the core gameplay excellently.

>what is burden of proof
Dumbass

Did we ever learn what Fates' continent was called? I always thought it was odd we didn't get it from the outset, because that's how many of the past games are referred to if they're connected, like the Elibe games, the Archanea games, the Tellius games, etc.

>Did we ever learn what Fates' continent was called?
Google maps. But seriously i dont believe so, all we know are the nation names and some various small territories that dont really factor into anything

No, which has been critiqued many times. Just that Hoshido and Nohr exist on the same continent. I guess you could argue that they haven't had any contact with continents outside of their own, they never really had a need to come up with a name for the whole place. But that's just me half-assing some kind of explanation.

I always assumed Hoshido and Nohr were just two different groups of continents. Consider there other kingdoms that are not stated to be part of either like Cheve and Mokusho.

No, you're wrong. That's Zeke.

Huh, would've thought that they'd have said it by now in something like that Nohr-focused manga. Or a dev interview

Apart from making use of the waifus/husbandos in other media, IS has largely left fates alone, specially in the world building department

I guess no one outside here gave a shit. Puts into perspective the common audience when compared to the dumpster fires on here.

Has anyone even asked them in official interviews or something yet? I'd expect a "haha I don't know" tier excuse but still better than nothing.
I guess. Still seems strange, IIRC they usually head the entire story with the continent and outlining the world.

I think that the real problem with Corrin isn't Corrin himself but rather what Fates chose to focus on. Fates is really one game that got split into three different games, the story was just far too simple to need three paths to tell it, in reality it needed only one.

Putting everything into one game would have solved the problem. Hell I fix the scenario right now. Mikoto gets murdered and Hoshido blames Nohr, but Corrin thinking logically realizes that with the barrier around Hoshido the attacker couldn't be Nohrian, and also how the hell would Garon predict that Corrin wouldn't have been kept separate from the Main stringhold, never mind predict that the Hoshidans would not have just killed him on the spot. Something doesn't add up so Corrin goes back to Nohr to find answers. Along the way he's able to convince his siblings that something is off. Azura comes back and confirms that the Garon sitting in the throne is an imposter so the siblings stage a coup 'd etat to oust puppet Garon and instead place Xander in the throne, getting Cheve and the Ice Tribe as allies. They win and Xander becomes king. But the attacks on Hoshido continue and they find out that there is a third party behind everything, and with Hoshido being in contact with Cheve they found that Nohr wasn't behind the attacks. This they go to Valla and defeat Anankos. There, story fixed.

I think the system is stupid because you can't save units with it like you can with the carry mechanic or push/shove mechanic, plus pairing up when characters aren't danger of dying makes the paired team so stupidly OP if they have high support that they can just steamroll the whole chapter.
The mechanic is just completely busted.

>game where the countries and the land are arguably the most important because you base the entire campaign around which one you support
>never got a continent name
it is pretty weird

Say something GREAT about Cipher!

youtu.be/NJ_QDPdkCOE
Why is he so edgy?

Like Europe and Asia, where Fates's continent is actually two continents called Nohr and Hoshido? Or am I illiterate?

I liked the way it was handled in fates, it was OP in awakening though. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but I wouldn't mind if they swapped it out for something else either. I'm cool with experimentation.

Yeah. Only with buffer states in between like that kingdom Izana is from.

Sumia's better than some 2nd gen units.

>I think this is a problem in almost every game with a supplementary romance system added in. Once you actually "get" your character of choice, all their content dries out and you don't get to hang out with them for the rest of the game
luckly something like rune factory 4 kept it going for awhile even after the kid was born for one last arc

Most CQ chapters have side objectives

i think the dumb thing with shelter or pairing up a unit so they're no longer in danger is that it gives the unit a bonus to their stats whilst rescuing incurred stat penalties meaning you at least had some sort of draw back for fixing shit positioning

If you are talking about Hector's promotion are there even enemies with hammers after Hector promotes?
Also if you die to horseslayer you should just play on easy mode.

The model looks terrible.

The whitewings are a best, except est.

alot ofthe card art is nice and i like some of the more literately who characters in the series getting high quality art

No.
Mechanics-wise they should pretend everything post RD never existed and move forward from there.
Gimme shove, rescue, map elevation, maybe canto, etc. No more power of friendship combo attack stuff please.

Do you think they'll ever reveal it? I still see just "Fates continent" everywhere.

Yeah, because Est is THE best!

Got pumped and dumped, is useless loli.
nope, she's the worst by a large margin.
now who is the real best, catria or palla?
both are awesome units and beautiful girls.

I kinda expect Fates and Awakening to be thrown off a rock pretty soon. They've milked most of what they can and they can easily hop onto FE16 and newer games to keep the system running.

If only there was some way to reverse search images... damn guess it's impossible to find the source then

Minerva.

Minerva > Catria > Palla > Honorary Whitewing Caeda >>>>>>>>>> Est

>Implying FE16 won't have day 1 DLC with all the Fates and Awakening cast.

>Palla not top.
Though minerva is top tier.

This is what I'm expecting, honestly. The September Cipher release is expected to have FE16 in it, they're going to want to capitalize on that more than anything else.

Palla > Catria > Caeda = Minerva >>>>>> literal shit > Est

I do wonder where all these Minervafags came from though. Part of me think it's just people who latch on to her as a counter to Camilla.

Ah ok. Guess they'll leave it like that then.
Not that I mind.

lasterk is a miracle of the universe

I've liked her since SD, bitch nigger. It's just that the new Warriors DLC and seemingly increased Archanea discussion gives me more excuses to post her.

Oh it absolutely will, but I really don't think they have the same staying power that the rest of the series does. At least Fates in particular, seems pretty easy to throw out some more anime trope games that the audience will happily buy into.

What the fuck happened to this series and its fanbase

I want a time machine

Kaga should never have left

It has nice art.

Take it you don't like Sacred Stones.

This , Minerva was always cool as fuck, she's just more relevant now.

What makes you think that, user?

>enemy dancers

I didn't mean to say there weren't people who didn't like her if I put it like that, but rather that she wasn't someone who was talked about like say Palla or Catria, who were mentioned more often even before Echoes/Heroes.

FE16 better have a dragon loli. Fates was sorely lacking in that area, though the imoutos were cute.

I played SD and 12 before from that.
Top taste, Palla is underrated even though she's the best whitewing.

I just want to beat srpg stages with my anime characters. I cant stand all the features they keep adding to the game. Echoes return to more simplified gameplay was a breath of fresh air, but a game like echoes with traditional inventory and unit skills would be perfect

Does anyone else think it's really awkward that they just accept Michalis even though he killed their fucking father?

Nah is the only good Loli dragon

Another reason why FE3 is ultimately the better game.

I disagree. Awakening was a big entry point, and Fates, despite whatever problem some people have, is a pretty unique game for the series. Simplifying it as just people liking whatever tropes is not all that accurate.

Fuck off, we need more badass grandpa dragons. You just got Nowi and Nah.

Nah, she's actually the least cute one, but her competition in that field is very strong.

Imagine an alternate universe where Marth banged Catria. Their children would be the most attractive people in Archanaea.

>not passing down Caeda's god tier genetics

>/feg/
>non-stop heros and waifu posting

>fire emblem thread on Cred Forums
>almost on of that

what happened?

inb4 they do shit like the awakening trio or the dumb hoshido rip-off kids

*almost none of that

Caeda is a cow and a strumpet.

I want to see FE2/15's 1-5 range archers again. Archers actually had a role no other class could just do better than them unlike 2 range-locked archers

>their child can use the falcion and the wing spear
would anybody be able to stop them?

Heroesfags have their own threads, and waifuthreads are usually distinguishable from gameplay threads from the OP.

i'd prefer it if instead snipers had an inherent bow range +1 or +2 skill, IIRC marksmen in RD got +1 to their bow range

Why are people even rating Minerva? She's a shitvern rider. She doesn't count.

I forgot that Michalis only comes back in the remake and not FE3.

or just bring back basilitician class and maybe tweak it a bit. Make a nice counter if FE goes back to using siege weapons alot like they used to

Honestly, largely roll of the dice depending on the time of day and the anons posting. I also think some just take threads as 'waifu dumping and bitching about said waifus' and others as 'actual discussion'. I mean really, how often do people in either camp actually try to have actual discussion in those threads?

FE was always a waifufest.
you can talk only so much about the maps.

Michalis's arc in FE12 is actually still pretty sick imo, it should just end in his death. There isn't much redemption for him beyond that.

why are all archeanean women such whores?

>Marth and Caeda
>Marth and Catria
>not Marth and Tiki

speak for yourself, I could talk about PoR chapter 11 for the rest of my life

you've also got to consider who's in the op's pic. Lyn, Tharja and especially Camilla will basically guarantee waifu spam and shit posting

yeah, all things considered this thread somehow turned out to be good

This. People really underestimate how much an OP affects how a thread will turn out.

pair up is absolute garbage in every way
supports were 10x better in giving you a choice for a small bonus if you worked for it without removing half your fielded units because fielding a unit without it being paired up is 99% of the time the wrong decision

terrible mechanic for shitters m8

Really needy, and marth army is not exactly a bunch of horndogs, so they have to make do with anything.

While that's true, that comes down to the "anons posting" that I mentioned. For example, Camilla in the OP lately has likely been one particular user.

But that also works both ways. It may attract people who like said waifu, but it'll also attract people who hate said waifu, which leads to a thread where one side is just posting pics of her and the other is bitching. Neither is actually trying to contribute anything meaningful.

>Archanean women are whores
>Valentian women are all pure wives that settle down with you and provide you with many children

Please explain, user. I have a Lyon deck, even.

Tatania wouldn't be amiss in the Archeanea cast tbf, but for the most part yes you are correct

What about it?

>tfw like Camilla
>refuse to be associated with the retards spamming "mommy" shit in every thread
goddamn

>make Catria but better
>some people pretend to care about the old version
How strange

If Tiki got a happy ending she wouldn't be an emotionally broken mess in Awakening. She carried 2000 years of regret, even if a lot of that was spent sleeping.

Marth doesn't see Tiki as anything other than a younger sibling to protect and he never crosses paths with adult Tiki.

Archanean women besides Est are all pretty pure though. Half of them either have love interests or just get close to one guy.

Well, they were given very high libido since most girls in archanea have prime stats and great genetics, passing them down is a must.
since valentia girls have low...you know what must mean.
and it's not a lie, have you seen their growths?

>Catria but better
Catria sucks the MU's dick harder than she does Marth. Palla is more of a cuck in how she actually loves Abel and gets cucked out of him by her own sister.

What about Plegian women?

i want to know where to make a deck with translations like that
I want to make a ninian one, i heard she gets big numbers which represents being a big dragon

>supports
>small bonus
Support bonuses are gamebreaking if you use them right.

I prefer Catria's case of middle child syndrome over muh perfection.

All sluts. The men too.

Cordelia is trash as fuck though. Everything about her is always "WOWW YOU'RE SO PERFECT" "pls don't call me perfect" and then just Chrom thirst.
Catria's unrequited love thing is only a smaller part of her, she's cool because she actually focuses on getting shit done rather than being protective like Palla or being a spastic like Est.

None of them have anything on the ultimate cuck queen

Not possible. Ninian only has a cost 3. A character needs a cost 1 in order to be a main character. You can throw her in your Eliwood deck though!

At least she got dicked.

I do too, but it only takes one or two to ruin something when they decide to act in such a way, especially when it's an already controversial character.

Literally created to be put in a pre-existing story just to get cucked. Is there a worse fate?

Oh, and the program is LackeyCCG.

I want to cuck Faye! So cute!

Why does he wear the tiara?

But Tharja really only loved one person. Aversa only ever loves one person, and Robin is loyal to her husband even though he forced her to marry him.

On the male side Henry only loves his wife, Mustafa was well, Gangrel isn't interested in anyone, and Valudar only ever fucked Robin's mom, really only MRobin is the whore of the group.

hide the powerlevel, if he took it off he would have every single woman in archanea on his dick already.

Yeah, I don't even bother trying anymore. I think I can like Mae in peace? Except for that one guy who attacks anything Echoes related, idk.

His sister gave it to him iirc, and then she got kidnapped and raped by dragons for like two years so might as well wear it out of respect

It was given to him by Ellis, wasn't it?

is Palla the real cuck of the whitewings?

>Abel gets left by Est TWICE
>Palla STILL isn't able to get Abel
Yes.

Hard to say, because it's implied that she let herself be cucked to make Est happy, while Catria just outright lost.

I want to cum inside her thighs

"Lost" implies Catria ever competed. She looks at the situation quite honestly and acknowledges she'll never win, so doesn't bother with it.

This. She only joins Marth like 2/3rds of the way through his journey, by which point he and Caeda were already close enough that he proposes to her probably a few weeks later at most.

Catria is a beta who never told Marth her feelings. Same with Palla. Est is the only alpha of the Whitewings.

thanks mr.skelltall

I want to make palla happy, why can't i marry her.

Yeah that's true, so really neither ever really competed.

Abel got wrapped around Est's finger, just like Palla is really, so he goes running off after her and probably died in the end.

IS doesn't want them to be happy because they have an NTR fetish, though if there's ever another FE3 remake they might cave if they realize how many shekles they could make from it.

Did anyone make one of these for the new Warriors characters?

I dislike Abel
Mate, your GF left you fucking twice, drop her

She only left him once, secondary. She was kidnapped during SoV.

Reminder that waifufags deserve to be ethnically cleansed.

let's hope they get taken over by the jew and do a MC remake of 1-3
I want to make best whitewing happy.

Also there's just the simple fact that Catria isn't a noble. The series hadn't trashed any semblance of realism yet.

>secondary
You don't even know what that means.
She still didn't end up sticking with him after the fucking war. Fuck her.

If you actually played the games, you'd know that Est only actually left Abel after the War of Heroes.

All I've seen so far.

imgur.com/a/qGx6e Broken Armor Gallery

Datamined Awakening Models
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/958471453711638528 Lucina
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/963043308267126784 Bride Lucina
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/953201480386756609 Lissa
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/958488303044472832 Cordelia
twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/958464907531337728 Owain

>bottom row
Potential

>Caeda has the only decent broken armor model.

Not to be rude, but I want to fucking RAPE Caeda!

get in line.

I did.

Wow, that model just looks bad.

Her wyvern looks so bad.

>soft locked my endgame because of stamina mismanagement.

its been years and i haven't gone back to do another run

When are we getting the model rips?
they are made for rape.

>Azura's armor break model is just her dress at a reduced length with a midriff and no veil on the black one
Why are they all so boring? The only interesting one is Camillas because she's basically strutting around in a corset and panties.

FE threads are no better proof that this fanbase is unadulterated cancer.

Those models are hot garbage, are you blind?

Or actual models for them, i'm sure the only 3d model we have of FE girls is lucina.

What's the point of an armor break mechanics if the characters don't wear anything interesting underneath?

That counts. Leaving doesn't mean always of her own free will. Est isn't good and Abel should have been with Palla. Palla is also more attractive and wouldn't leave him willingly after.
Abel isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer though.

Just starting out FE5, on Chapter 4x, how does Stamina work?

wow why isn't anyone posting navarre's armour break :^)

>"leaving" was clearly in the context of the two of them being in a relationship
>Est being kidnapped did nothing in regards to said relationship and the two of them are still happy together until Abel gets blackmailed during Book 2
>this somehow counts as Est not being good enough

Check Serenes forest, they're mostly women aren't they?

>tfw Corrin is a hunk
Kill me.

He has armor to break?

I disagree that it counts if she was kidnapped. That said, the last time was voluntarily and was still a very shitty thing to do.

In a weird way, if Palla hadn't just stepped aside and just let Est have Abel and instead actually tried and managed to win, things would have probably ended up better for everyone.

Hot damn

Est was never good enough though. No one even knows conclusively why she left Abel, and he was falling over himself at any opportunity to help her, lost in love with her despite her being a flaky bitch, or so it seems.
Palla is just a better person as a whole, but it seems like he just wasn't attracted to her. Now that I think on it more, she should have just realized what Abel was.

if fem corrin had hips and tits, male corrin must had something.
aside from the dragon dick of course.

Its Not that their boring, it's that lazy. Heck Azura's covers more skin than her actual outfit.

She cared too much for Est, although that makes sense. I still think he probably would have chosen Est, given how deeply he's invested into her.

It's pretty clear as to why she left him though. The fact that her existence forced her loved one to betray Marth, combined with her impulsiveness, makes it fairly evident as to her reasons for disappearing.

I still don't understand why they keep removing features between generations. Imagine how good a fire emblem game could be if it kept some of them:

>rescue mechanic back
>limited arena system like fe4
>shove
>in-level and in between supports like PoR
>castle/ homebases like fe4
>limited store item stock

Like fuck keep waifus and player avatar stuff I dont see a problem with it. But why get rid of good mechanics like those and replace it with broken shit like pair up?

Your units get fatigue after fighting or using staves, though Leif is never gets fatigued. When fatigue gets above maximum HP, the unit can't be deployed in the next chapter, starting from when you unlock the preparation screen. Fatigue resets when the unit is undeployed for one chapter.

HORSED.COM

It's not conclusive, but yeah that covers a lot of the most logical reason.
Still a flaky bitch, although she just seemed somewhat unstable.

Why dont you like player avatar?

Can you see the fatigue stat or is it invisible?

obse

how many times would catria take the pegasus dick every day?

I honestly just want it to follow in the steps of SoV in terms of story and tone. Fates story was so underwhelming and bad that it killed my interest in the series for ages.

Please for the love of god I hope there's no My Unit character. Would be a-okay with supports returning though.

read the wiki about it senpai. Its bullshit. I hope you enjoy FE5 but i've found no motivation to ever want to touch that shit stamina system again.

>I want the game series to remain stale and basic and never innovate by introducing and building up more mechanics
I'm glad IS didn't listened to you when they made Conquest.

It's shown in the unit stats page.
It only becomes a thing when you unlock the preparations screen.

It's displayed just below your movement in the status sceen

Enjoying it so far, but I'm a huge Kagafag so I can forgive some of the Kaga quirks.

Alright, I haven't unlocked the preparations screen yet but I'll keep an eye on it. It seems like a decent idea that helps buff high-HP units, but just annoying execution. Like many Kaga gameplay quirks.

units can't fatigue until you unlock the preparation screen so don't worry at the moment

Also, I really hope you left some good weapons on Dagdar.

Are the cutscene portraits datamined?

Castles and homebases wouldn't really work for maps smaller than your typical FE4 map and not all FE games are going to have maps like FE4 thankfully.

I think I had him hold a iron axe.

They really need to bring back Dismounting, it was the perfect way to balance Mounted units and they canned it after 2 games.

Not that user, but FE4 Castles kind of evolved later into the bases of FE9, 10, and 12, so I think bringing back those would suffice. However, that really only works in a linear game. Bases are irrelevant in a free roaming, Gaiden style game.

How do we stop the problem of forged regular weapons being totally better than endgame legendary regalia?

dismounting and fatigue are honestly really nice features if they re balanced them a bit. I like how they encourage you to really train up a diverse army as opposed to just using a core group of 8-10 units. At the very least bring back indoor penalties from RD

Radiant Dawn got pretty close by nerfing their move indoors, but they still had canto

Make Forging absolute shit like in Fates.

They did listen to him overall though. Fates was split into the gaidenlike, the gimmick, and the hard game BECAUSE of people like that.

Remove forging.

This, just keep the stat penalty upon dismounting, but allow them to wield the same weapons they could wield mounted, while unmounted. Also make it so that base class cavaliers can only use one weapon just like in Tellius.

I meant that how in FE4 you'd have to seize multiple castles typically.

Would allowing dismounted units to use their prf weapon type instead of sword-locking them fix it?

>allow them to wield the same weapons they could wield mounted, while unmounted
That's still a bit too much for my tastes. Limiting them to their highest ranked weapon type would be best.

Pretty much

Ah, I guess you could do a second castle if a map was sufficiently large, but as much as I love FE4, I wouldn't want maps of those size every single game.

ok, 30 posts to limit.
how about going back to waifus?

Or at the very least, talking about generics, would you like to see them back?

Do you ever miss a single thread?

How about not? Fuck off Genericfag.

>would you like to see them back?
What do you mean? Generic portraits don't seem to be going away.

I'd be fine as long as they aren't drawn by Kozaki. Some of his stuff is alright but good lord some of his FE characters look absolutely terrible.

There's literally no appeal behind generics besides the design. There you there's your discussion :^)

Nope.
That's not very nice.
Capturable generics, i liked to use them, not even just in fates.
SD generics were also a good challenge to use.

Fuck off, generics are dogshit.

>generics have been in every single game
>"hurr do you want to see them come back"

Just remove forging as a mechanic, you're never going to forge unless you're trying to make the most stupidly overpowered weapon possible anyways, so to prevent that just scrap the mechanic entirely and use gold solely for items and equipment.

I want to KILL all the waifuniggers.
Fucking SLIT THEIR THROATS AND WATCH THEM BLEED TO DEATH ON THE SIDEWALK
FUCKING KILL YOURSELVES

How would you fix fatigue as it was in Thracia for a future game?

Personally that was only a problem in Fates, and even in Fates you still had a good variety of weapons that'd still perform better in other situations.

Genericfags are tasteless and retarded.

You could make it very expensive. Excpet that it already is super expensive.

So the solution would actualy be to NOT burry you beneath a mountain of silver weaponry and other utility weapons like anti-armor or anti-dragon, giving you one of each, but having you buy any aditional ones.

The caveat would be that it might also be necessary for shops to be more generous with their stocks and how often you find shops.

Say that to my face not online faggot

Make it based off of something other than HP.

Capturable generics you idiot.

You do not want to meet me IRL, I promise you that. I'm 7'6", 180 pounds.

>be the worst horse unit in the game, get literally all the credit at the end of the game
Conrad exists, and Mycen is also worse.

I disliked Fates weapon system as a whole. The debuffs were WAY too severe for most of the weapons (not all, but a good chunk).

A unique, separate stat maybe?

>tree talking shit online

your just target practice.

God Awakening armor and weapon design was so bad

-Don't have it be biased to high HP units, but instead be this seperate meter that's virtually similiar for each unit
-Have it gradually but slowly increase to account for higher enemy counts
-Have staff usage use less stamina
-Have less stamina drinks availible
There you universal unit balance that encourages you to switch around your army.

Literally the only weapons that got the shaft were silver weapons, the rest are just fine.

4 times on a dangerous day

What about my just target practice?

No, PoR had the english localizers trying to add a romantic plot between Ike and Elincia that wasn't really there in the original japanese. Kinda like the Ash and Misty thing in the pokemon anime.
The only even remotely romantically worded language in his interactions with females was with Lethe, and even that was barely a thing.

this 100% the only "benefit" i see to forging is that it's entirely optional

Are they going to get into Cipher?

An endurance stat could be cool, although, it does slightly overlap with HP, Def, and Con/Build flavorwise. Maybe the distinction is how much energy a unit has?

Honestly only silver/S rank weapons really suffered, the bigger annoyance was how limited S ranked classes were

I like whitewings lewds.
since it's the limit and the thread is going to die at least, time to go into trash now, to anyone who wants to get in here, you're welcome.
all lewds accepted. we don't judge.

meant to reply to

Nah, with how easily your units are killed in Conquest, it's almost never a good idea to use debuff inflicting weapons. Far too often the HP you would have saved from not being inflicted with that debuff ends up being the deciding factor in if a player unit lives or dies.
The rest are not fine. The regalia weapons deserve the half str penalty though.

It isn't a problem because brave weapons and S-rank are still and always will be god tier

let's hope so

Nigga, only the Silver weapons debuff you like that.

>killer axe

>only in fates
just look at radiant dawn, a forged magic tome was cheaper, more accurate, had more uses, lighter and hit as hard as it's elmagic counterpart

killer axe doesn't give out debuffs retard.

So -20 avoid? Oh I don't how about, don't expose your dodge tanks like that?

-Avoid
Steel Axe, Killer Axe
Also
>dodgetanking
>in conquest
Not the best idea. Still, an avoid can save a unit that would have been killed, and that -avoid really hurts that.

Fates had a nice idea but Def was still usually the better option thanks to stat bonuses
They should take a few tips from SRW and have attacks that hit both enemies

That's no different than older games having wt/con and gimping your speed when you're using heavier weapons. Theres got to be drawbacks user.

the S rank weapons were more victims of how fucked weapon exp was in fates, seriously its near impossible to get S-rank without an arms scroll which is dumb

clearly hasn't played SD where forged effective weapons are better than all the non-regalia weapons

Agreed, but there has to be better ways to implement them.

If they imported anything, I'd rather have the option to defend or evade when being attacked. The last thing I'd want from SRW would be anything from Z3.

That's not a debuff but avoid penalty. Debuff is a straight removal of stats

Well that's what I was referring to, and debuff simply means an effect that makes a character weaker, which is what a static penalty does.

Then have your actual tanks go in front of your frailer units then. It's basic strategy.

ALL attacks are from OGG though

>lunge chains
Not everything can go as you plan, especially in a game as well thought out to fuck with a player as Conquest.

thread is about to die post lewds.

Nigga why are you bringing up lunge chains? Especially since that's only a problem in 23.

more catria pls.