It's better than MGSV

It's better than MGSV

It really is because they gave a shit about delivering a finished product.

MGS V is a fetch quest collection.

Nope.

Shittier gameplay and shittier story. MGSV is a flawed gem while MGS4 is just straight-up shit.

I just noticed he's not smoking in the title
Never really looked at it closely enough.

and water is wet

No. It's considerably worse. If nothing else because it is the game that ruins the whole series. V was merely pissing on its corpse.

>Shittier gameplay
tell me ONE thing (not related to openworld shit like horses, pressing forward for 10 mins to travel the map, or vehicles to "sneak" round) you can do in V and you can't do in 4.

4 is the only MGS game that is worse than V

Wrong

1=2=3>V>PW>4>PO

It's a better movie

I feel like they're equal in most regards, and it still play both from time to time. Patiently waiting for Survive to unlock ;_;

user, is a retard. MGS4 gameplay is top notch. As for Shitty Story. Eh...that is subjective, but it is fever dream levels of crazy.

It warms my heart to see that the "MGS 4 is good" meme is over.

1=3>2>4>5>pw>gz>mgr>po>mg2>mg1

I dot know about Survive yet

They took a step forward with gameplay, but two steps back with using cutscenes to tie up every loose end in the unnecessary complicated plot.

When I replay it, it's usually just the first half.

If you don't like MGS4 you have bad taste

Actually play the game

If you like MGS 4, you're a faggot

Playing a cassette tape of somebody shitting themselves while hiding in a portable potty to avoid enemies investigating.

I'd rather have 0 cutscenes than 2+ cutscenes for
literally every scene transition in the entire game

1 > 3 > Metal Gear 2 > 2 > 4 > Rising > Metal Gear > Portable ops > Peace Walker > V

That's a falsehood.

>The pleb opinion

1 and 3 are the best because they are the least anime. I fucking hate anime and weeb shit but love Metal Gear.

>1 is the least anime
>When fucking cyborg ninja exists

Metal Gear 2 on the msx is unironically the best game in the series.

>I hate anime except for this anime game
???

1 is like an 80s action movie. Not nerd weeb shit.
3 is a bond movie.

Whatever you have to tell yourself, my dude.

MGS3 was always a weird game.

>you want more MGS?
>I'll do something so completely different you'll hate it and Konami will stop the series
>people end up liking the game

Replayed this recently and had fond memories of it and mgo.

Gives me no pleasure to say that it's shit. The story isn't even complicated, it's just boring. No sense of fun compared to the other games. Don't really mind long cutscenes, but nothing interesting happens in any of them.

Can see why people don't like V, but just because V was disappointing doesn't mean 4 is any good.

Only 1, 2 and 3 are good.

True, but anyone should know that.

except this poor lost soul, apparently.

3 => PW => 1 > 4 > GZ > MGR > MG2 = GB > TPP > 2 > PO > MG1 >

Post your idea for a MGS sequel plot

PEACE WALKER IS ABSOLUTE TRASH. The story is embarrassingly bad.

There is no point as all of the Snakes are dead except Raiden.

They should do a game with Solid Snake and Raiden set in between 2 ad 4.

Nope. It is superb.

Only weebs like it.

I don't know, user; but I sure as fuck want a game with Solid Snake as a protagonist. There should be a way to make him young again, nanomachines or some wacky shit like that.

>le go prone and wait for camo to change the game
not really
I like your rating and almost agree except 1 => PW and GZ, TPP AND MG2 are way better than 4

Young Solid Snake before MG1.

MG1 and 2 in 3D. End game conclusion is that they were VR simulations

MGS3=MGR>MGS>MGS2>MGSV:GZ>PW>4>TPP

MGS4 had much better boss fights and some really neat gimmicks like the rebels and PMCs fighting each other in the first two chapters (seriously, why wasn't something like this in V?), but otherwise MGSV was a straight improvement in core gameplay mechanics department.

Story wise both 4 and V were mindbogglingly boring, though 4 at least had a really good final boss while V ended with a wet fart.
>the final conclusion to the series is replaying the tutorial level with zero changes aside from two cutscenes

I really want to like this game but it's so boring.

The outpost are pretty much all the same, I'm always using the same weapons since I can only bring a single gun and a single rifle and there is no point in swapping them for anything else, I don't even upgrade them anymore because the upgrades are mostly useless and end up costing a LOT for no absolute reason.

The only thing I really like is the dog, even Quiet is disappointing and dull.

People always bitch and moan about how's the gameplay sections are short, but at least those are actual, designed levels instead of just a mess of sparse assets in an uninteractive open world. MGS V lack of reaction to players input and asset-based content was fucking appaling, I was left speechless when I heard Dunkey refer to it as a "true next Gen experience" in one of his videos. What the fuck was he smoking , V is so barebones and repetitive, it feels like Early Access game. There's nothing there besides the Fox engine and good controls which which are both wasted without actual stuff to do.

But user you can search for diamonds under beds

So in the Gulf War? What would even be the story?

>but at least those are actual, designed levels
That last maybe 2 minutes

I fucking wish /vr/ got off their grognard asses and extended the cutoff to include 6th gen, so I could get away from these underage children whose first console was the PS3 and literally only like MGS4 because of their childhood nostalgia.

>"b-b-but I'm not-!"
Yes you are.

Cool hyperbole my dude really raises the bar

I C4's the houses, tents, ammo crates, sand bags, light posts, killed all the soviets, and moved to the next base.

>turn around, it all respawned
Turns out I wasted my time and credits. It also bothers me why shooting lightposts doesn't turn them off. Been like that since MGS2. Weird.

I dunno I'm not a creative person. I just want to pay money for fun Solid Snake adventure. Sneaking around in a non open world.

I was born in 1990

>lightposts doesn't turn them off
nigga wut, it absolutely does

>B-but the gameplay!

Gotta love this meme.

TPS controls broke the MGS3 mechanics.
Enemies insta-alert because lol nanomachines
Octocamo was a gimmick that just highlighted how stupid the MGS3 camo system was.
Drebin Shop is accessible from anywhere.
Psyche meter was fucking dumb

MGS is notoriously bad at meshing gameplay systems and MGS4 is the absolute worst in this regard. Just a bunch of mechanics and features haphazardly mixed together.

>shooting lightposts doesn't turn them off.
Yes it does.

>I fucking wish /vr/ got off their grognard asses and extended the cutoff to include 6th gen
Good luck with that. There's a very small, very vocal group of hyperspergs on /vr/ who refuse to play anything made after the late 90s and will never ever allow that to happen.

Agreed. My best experiences with V were Camp Omega, Quiet boss fight, Codetalker's mansion mission and OKB Zero. The open world was boring shit full of nothing but grinding different resources and ridiculous amount of padding considering the distances and eternal helicopter rides. There's no special enemies or armored convoys in the overworld, no, they're reserved for the actual missions. Even base building and soldier collecting aren't that fun because somehow they managed to dumb down every single base management mechanic and make it even more grindy than Peace Walker, a fucking handheld game.

Fuck you. No.

Why don't you make a thread about how water is wet next.

I mean these lights in the image. And turning them off doesn't affect the AI like in other MGS games so its pointless to shoot them. Being a series vet of course I tried going for the lights once or twice. I used C4 instead and then they turned off, but it was fruitless because it doesn't affect the AI either way.

But MGS is literally like one of my japanese animes

Well then why do I love Metal Gear but hate anime?

Because you are an edgy teenager and a weeb in denial.

I'm in my 20s though. Anime just looks so unappealing and the characters all act extremely awkward.

Technically V is a better, more polished video game, but at the same time V is a fuckton more generic and indistinguishable from the yearly Ubisoft open-world schlock. 4 has its flaws, but it also has more soul and identity.

>TPP
>better than fucking anything

The only soul 4 has is the one it ripped from out of the MGS series body

Then maybe is because you have not yet found the animu to scratch your weeb itch. Ditch the moe pandering that Cred Forums loves and try some good old 80's mecha, like Macross, VOTOMS or Zeta Gundam.

>4 has its flaws, but it also has more soul and identity.
Specially when that guy poop on his pants, ain't I right fellow user? So emotional it made me cry.

Yes and no. At least in mgs5 there was more opportunity to play the game, whereas mgs4 was an hour or cutscenes, 40 mins of gameplay, 30 minutes of exposition, an hour long cutscenes, then gameplay. Boss fights were awesome though

>40 mins of gameplay

You mean 2 minutes of gameplay interspersed with 5 minutes of cutscenes/codec calls at each scene transition for 40 minutes

It's been like 9 years since I played it. Played the shit out of it when I was younger, haven't really felt much need to revisit it now though. You're probably right. But the bosses were great

2>3>1>Rising>5>PW+GZ>PO>Shit>4

Fuck 4.

Also, the MGS franchise went to shit after 3.

Rising is the most "MG" game out of the recent games.

You like Metal Gear, so try out some political/mecha anime
>Code Geass
>Evangelion
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
And here are some manime and realistic anime
>Berserk
>Fist of the North Star
>Kaiji
>Akagi (requires extensive mahjong knowledge)
JoJo is a meme

>2 anywhere near the top
>4 at the bottom
you couldn't have shittiest tryhard taste even if you tried.

We already let in Dreamcast, and 6th Gen is the PS2 gen retard, and that's not being let in for another 5 years or so

1>3>2>>>PW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Haven't played 5.

>Specially when that guy poop on his pants, ain't I right fellow user? So emotional it made me cry.
You can apply this to most MG games.

4 Is a shitty game, which has the most cut-scene in the franchise, it has also easily the worst plot in the franchise, with some of the worst retcons in gaming history.
My favorite part was where this guy suddenly became a different character once he put down the mask, wow, MGS 4 is truly a master-piece of modern gaming.

Metal Gear Solid ended after Metal Gear Solid 2.

Everything else is just a dream.

>My favorite part was where this guy suddenly became a different character once he put down the mask, wow, MGS 4 is truly a master-piece of modern gaming.
Except that only happens near the end and receives an explanation, that being he never got his nanomachines.
Also, you're saying this while MGS1 has a scientist pissing himself and Johnny naked and on the floor, MGS2 has the conspiracy theories and Raiden, MGS3 has Johnny's ancestor and the Cobra Unit, PW is shit and V is worse.

It's sad that GZ was better than TPP.

Does it make a difference if the engine is great if the game gameplay wise is garbage?

Maybe, but in most MG games the pooper doesn't end cucking Snake.

absolutely correct my friend

>Except that only happens near the end and receives an explanation, that being he never got his nanomachines
You are really buying that? LITERALLY NANOMACHINES.
Kojima's biggest hack job was MGS4, it's utter garbage, the fact you have to explain it away like this is pure bullshit.
>Also, you're saying this while MGS1 has a scientist pissing himself and Johnny naked and on the floor
Yeah, but the plot wasn't a fucking mess where MGS3 crew became retconned to be bad guys for no reason, which Kojima had to salvage in Phantom Pain's cassete tapes, but it was still retarded.
Don't forget about all those blowjobs Kojima tried to give to the fanbase throughout the entire game.
Gotta love Big Boss showing outta of nowhere dragging Zero with him on a wheel chair for some reason.

Phantom Pain has less of a plot which is as shitty as 4's, because Kojima is a hack, luckilly the gameplay mechanics are solid. Unless you're a sperg who tranqs everything.

They only act awkward in most slice of life stuff. Give something like fist of the north star a try. Lots of exploding guts n stuff. Id also reccomend samurai shampoo but there are some parts which are kinda slice of life y in that.

>Except that only happens near the end and receives an explanation, that being he never got his nanomachines.
How does explain anything? He didn't have the nanomachines at the start of the game either, he just suddenly became awesome because Kojima wanted to us the love can bloom meme. Also:
>nanomachines, son

The Metal Gear Fight alone was more fun than anything in MGSV. Sucks that kojima went open world. Would be better with MGS GZ sized levels and actual objectives. I seriously hate how V missions are laid out. But damn it did have fine controls and graphics.

>He cares about plot in a video game
>Made by some japanese dude who shitposts on twitter about burgers
The absolute state of nerds

>MGSV doesn't have soul
Trul a retard.

The game is litearlly at least 80% of cut-scenes.

>retconned to be bad guys
Literally not a retcon. Only real retcon was Dr. Clarke, but that received a fitting explanation at some point.
MGS3 and V retcon way harder. MGS3 changes Big Boss' entire backstory and nationality and V changes 3 to be about parasites, resurrect Volgin for no reason, and by your definition, it retcons Skullface into the story for no reason.
>luckilly the gameplay mechanics are solid. Unless you're a sperg who tranqs everything.
Prior games encouraged you to do a stealth, non-lethal run. MGSV is so piss easy, you can do a no weapons run easily because CQC is just tapping the R2 button.

xD

Are you gonna praise MGS4 and then scold MGSV for being piss easy? So was MGS4, the franchise's stelath mechanics were piss easy since MGS3.

>Literally not a retcon. Only real retcon was Dr. Clarke, but that received a fitting explanation at some point.
Yeah, the whacky friendly suport team of Big Boss were totally supposed to be the Illuminaty, even when Kojima said that MGS2 was gonna be the last game in the franchise.

Bullshit, the Patriots were never meant to be explained in MGS2, but Kojima, like the hack he is, listened to the demand and explained shit that didn't need explaining in MGS4.

>Prior games encouraged you to do a stealth, non-lethal run.
Have you EVER played MGS4? You literally have a M4 with unlimited ammo that instakills enemy soldiers by simply shooting them in the head. And you can pull RPG rounds out your ass and never ever run out because of that retarded war economy thingy.

Except MGSV is a lot easier, you can shit on other games all you want, but at least a no weapon run was somewhat challenging. MGSV is literally just a button prompt.
If the series ended at 3, I'd bet there would be a fan theory that the radio crew were the Patriots. All had a connection with someone who was strong willed (The Boss), worked with Ocelot and killed his mother, who is a member of the Patriots, "Who are the Patriots?" "La-li-lu-le-lo". It writes itself.
I know they were never meant to be explained retard.

They gave a shit about delivering a finished product with MGSV as well, it's just Konami wouldn't let them do it. There's an entire third act that's outright missing from the game.

Well no fucking shit? MGSV was a massive letdown.
2 > 3 > 1 > 4 > literal shit > 5

Turn off reflect mode pleb.
>If the series ended at 3, I'd bet there would be a fan theory
Hell yeah, fan theories, you really got me there.
I don't believe anyone would try to pin point those, Kojima picked those ones intentionally because he was trying to suprise people, that was the only purpose, which is another reason why Big Boss appears at the end, just to make people go "OH SHIT A RUSE XDDD" rather than put forward any writing that may be of merit, he's a hack.

>You literally have a M4 with unlimited ammo that instakills enemy soldiers by simply shooting them in the head.
Headshots have always been instant kills in MGS retard and if you're running out of ammo for a full auto weapon while fishing for headshots you're doing it wrong.

>Turn off reflect mode pleb.
Did that as soon as I could. Ruined the already bad gameplay.
>Hell yeah, fan theories, you really got me there.
I'm saying it's the most obvious choice if you had to choose already established characters as members of the Patriots.
>I don't believe anyone would try to pin point those
The Patriots line in MGS3 would already create the basis for the theory, and Ocelot as well as his connection with the radio crew, the Boss and Big Boss all make the theory reasonable. Bet WatchMojo's Top 10 Fan Theories would have this theoretical one at the top.
Also, Kojima's been ripping off Metal Gear 2 for years, and you complain about the hack writing at 4?

I don't give a fuck about shitty youtuber tier fanfiction, the plot of MGS4 retarded and makes my head hurt just of thinking about it. Just of the top of my head:
>Snake is now old because Kojima doesn't understand genetics
>A british officer who only talks about Bond movies, a random black engineer, a russian spy and a nerd are the Illuminaty and created Skynet.
>Nanomachines in general
>Everyone thinks that Ocelot is Liquid despite having Ocelot's voice and having no proof other than REEEEE BROTHHHHHERRRRRR
>Ocelot brings world peace but is the bad guy because who knows
>Eve thinks that Solidus' body is Big Boss', despite the fact that the blind eye is in the wrong side
>Big Boss is alive because fanservice is stronger than being burned alive in Zanzibar Land followed by a nuke in the face
>Rex can beat Ray despite the fact that Ray was explicitly designed as an anti-Rex metal gear.
>Naomi is now an expert of computers
>Naomi discovers how to cure cancer but kills herself because who knows
>Naomi goes from MGS1 "genes don't matter, make your own destiny" to MGS4 "I must die because I have cancer and my magic cure is bad for some reason"
>Vamp dies, and we are supposed to feel bad
>Pooperguy can't stop pooping and is a failure as a soldier, but then he removes his mask and suddently he is god
>Meryl actually falls in love with the fucking guy in the middle of combat because random MGS1 quote.
And so on

>At least in mgs5 there was more opportunity to play the game

What game, there's nothing there, you just show up at a wide as an airfield outpost (to accomodate new camera-controls system and AI) and just shoot everyone, don't even have to sneak anymore since the ranks are tied to speed.

>>Everyone thinks that Ocelot is Liquid despite having Ocelot's voice and having no proof other than REEEEE BROTHHHHHERRRRRR
Including a super advanced A.I. that is supposed to be controlling the world's culture for a decade.
MGS 4 is retarded.

War has changed.