You meet someone who says their favorite game of all time is Ocarina of Time. How do you react?

You meet someone who says their favorite game of all time is Ocarina of Time. How do you react?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6rcpLWo-GeU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Well, at least it's not Undertale."

Mine too, but I haven't played it in a decade

Every time this has happened to me, my response is, "Yeah, that's pretty much standard."

Like a normal respectable person.

I'm not going to sperg out on them just because I don't like it the way they do.

Tell them that my favorite Zelda was Link's Awakening but if they like Ocarina then LttP is very similar.

Well I liked OoT as well, but not that as much as him, but I'd continue discussion about the game like what their favourite temple was.

He must be a true gentleman or a lady, because it indeed is the greatest game of all times.

>if they like Ocarina then LttP is very similar.
Why would you outright LIE to a poor bastard?
Seriously, who'd be so gruel to make someone suffer through that shit?

What's wrong with Undertale?

I'd tell them they have good taste. Because OoT is one of the greatest and most important and influential video games of all time.

I'd say like "okay" but internally I'd be like "lol".

>ask them what they think about majora's mask
>they say it's the worst zelda because of the time mechanic

I ask them why? Like aren't there way better games to play? The only reason I here people escusing OOT's bloated score is IT's duh first (it's not). Hell even in the zelda series alone it was eclipsed by Majora's mask in two years so I can''t see a single reason for calling ocarina of time your favourite, you must have some shit shallow taste and be a drone who plays nothing but nintendo games and follow meta critic scores like a dumb animal.

Why Link's Awakening?
I enjoyed it, but I don't understand why people rank it above other games
Was it the side-scrolling sections?

Not act like a judgemental bastard about subjective and abritary things like “my bestest favoritist game of all time ever!” That choice is unlikely to be objective and it doesn’t affect me whatsover.

making a thread in Cred Forums saying "You meet someone who says their favorite game of all time is Ocarina of Time. How do you react?"

Hey, good choice, i prefer skyward sword myself.

Excellent taste. Sonic 06 is my alltime favorite. So many good memories.

Perfectly understandable because OOT is basically one of the most groundbreaking games ever made.

You had to be there to understand. This was the game every other game wanted to be.

>heh... ok... yea it's pretty good......
then I exude the pheromones that let this person know that I've lost all respect for them but would rather nothave to make a scene

>Sony STILL holding out for a zelda killer

I'd only take someone seriously if OoT and MM were inseparable as their favorite game, as neither is truly amazing without the other game.

Actually OoT copied off of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Okay but that just copied off of hunterxhunter so what's your point

I would invite them to participate in a formal Socratic debate in which I would use my considerable intellect to utterly dismantle their arguments and clearly demonstrate that Zelda games are nothing but peurile entertainment intended for children.

I would then be glad to introduce him or her to more sophisticated examples of interactive entertainment such as Kingdom Hearts and Persona.

I change the topic because they're obviously not going to be able to see eye-to-eye with my tastes. Literally have never been able to have a proper conversation about what makes a game someone's "favorite" when they mention OoT because they'll just spout nonsense about it being "the greatest game ever," or "the most groundbreaking game ever made." These are conclusions, not traits or characteristics which tell me why you hold it in such high esteem.

>this thread
>these posts

But user all games are for children.

This user understands.

Respectable but I guess you haven't played many games

Only contrarians and underages don't rate OOT as one, if not the best game ever. I can still play this shit on my 3ds and feel flawless. Aged like pure wine since the first time I played around 2000. A truly gem and you can't deny that.

I think it's been long enough, and that there have been enough games considered to be great since then that having OoT as your favorite is completely acceptable. I feel like The Last of Us would be a more mainstream favorite nowadays

Anyway, OP sucks cocks.

This is actually a pretty good point that I'd never thought of. MM is my favorite of the series too.

>Okay but that just copied off of hunterxhunter so what's your point
lol wut

Never saw it this way, but I guess you're right. I played MM first but it was really fun going through OoT afterwards

the most intelligent solution ITT >OoT
>on a circle pad
blech, even worse than the N64's sticky stick.

MM and OoT really do feel like two sides of the same coin.
OoT is the classic hero's adventure, and has a plethora of dungeons for a lengthy, classic Zelda experience. You get more bang for your buck in terms of the amount of game here. But with MM, it's a totally different kind of experience.
You're most likely playing it after coming out of OoT, and the oppressive mood, lack of (but still high-quality) dungeons, and focus on sidequest makes it almost like a mirror of OoT. Like opposites.

Quit LARPing

ask them what they think of it now that its been TWENTY YEARS SINCE OOT RELEASED COME THIS FUCKING NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!!

HL1
RE2
BK1
SC
so much more

why was 1998 the BEST year for 5th gen games?

At least it's not BotW

I'm hoping that BoTW will get its "Majora's Mask"

"cool, it's a great game, wish they would give it the REmake treatment, same with Majora's Mask"

I really liked the sequel a lot more. Just listen to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=6rcpLWo-GeU

I put on my fedora and tell them "ACK-TUALLY Majora's Mask is the best game ever made" like every fucking other person on the Internet.

What the heck does larping even mean? I was just asking what was wrong with undertale

I tell them they've made a reapectable choice.

Show us your 3x3 my lad.

This just makes me sad because modern Konami isn't capable of producing anything like this ever again.

"Good game, I prefer Majora's Mask personally when it comes to Zelda. My favorite game of all time is Paper Mario 64"

I'd love something like that.
But I think they should go in a different direction than MM. If MM departed from the classic Zelda formula, then maybe this hypothetical sequel should return to it, or draw closer to it. A smaller overworld, but more actual dungeons. Get rid of shrines. More enemy variety.
My ideal Zelda game would be a blend of the approaches TP and BoTW took. Creative dungeons with awesome setpieces, with a really fleshed out open world, and loads of enemy variety + a badass final boss that's actually difficult.

At this point it's the vidya favorite game equivalent of having zeppelin 4 as a favorite album. I'll treat them like the hopeless retard they are.

Tumblr likes Undertale, therefor we hate it.

My favourite Paper Mario game is Super Paper Mario. It's such a strange game, and I enjoy all the weird worlds and actually creative story + NPCs. One thing I did dislike though was the overuse of random geometric shapes to form a good chunk of the characters. It's a little strange.

"That's cool, what other games do you like?"
its not hard

My Lad it's up to us to make our voices heard. Goemon has been reduced to pachinko and hasnt gotten an actual game in more than 15 years with the n64 games being the peak of the series.
There is still a lot of potential for the series just thinking about the mecha fights alone. Hell they could even combine the platforming gameplay of n64 ''2'' and the rpg/action adventure of ''1'' and make it a perfect well deserved sequel.
It always amazes me how many people actually played these games and not many talk about them, if at all.

Zelda games are about exploring a mysterious world, exploring differently themed dungeons, and finding treasure that lets you explore the world more. LA's world is the most mysterious, its dungeons have very different structures, and its treasure progression does the best job of slowly unlocking more world and changing how you interact with it (it even has the rooster and bow-wow sections that temporarily change how you deal with the world entirely).

The earlier Zeldas had flatter worlds where one side of the world was the same as the other, and the later Zeldas would drag you by the nose through different areas and only change where you're going rather than how you interact with it.

MM > OOT

do you like death grips or kanye west?

I like eminem

I assumed you were white

I don't care about anything anyone says, they're all complicit.

Could talk about how games could be better.
Probably say it was great, but now controls are standardised instead of innovative and different in every game. People aren't used to adjusting to new controls. How the controls in OOT prohibit it from being playable now except by kids who aren't exposed to anything else.

Discuss how another Zelda could be made in first person with Wii controls. In the same style, back when Japanese were trying to be English and English still cared for their fairy tales. How English fairy tales could be made into a game. Keeping the character small and the world dangerous. How it could be enjoyable instead of addictive, fighting to fight back attacks, not ethnic cleanse. Giant monsters with extensive personalities, the masters of their area. Talk about the faraway tree and other children's books back when they were made for children instead of profit. Before libraries binned books.

Pointless conversation. But might get some ideas worth refining and expanding on from myself.

If they really are human, against what I am or innocent of knowledge of it then I'd still be uninvested. Past my time, should have died with faith the rest would unfuck the world similarly.

Can't do things whilst others suffer.

Enlist them perhaps if they have a skill. Help them with it. Their skill, not a learnt one.

Say OOT was good from start to finish, but my favorites are just moments from various games. Perfection doesn't last long and I won't revisit them, remember them right, rather create than take in. Worried from me good things would be infected. Rather know they exist.

Say if there's combat it should be harrowing not empowering. Even if you're stronger, other things want to live.

>reddit

>mother

>fucking

>spacing

honestly I don't care for music. Classical station or jazz station, and not because I care for it, just good zone out stuff.

>we

I prefer the previous 2 games but Super was fun. I know a lot don't like the character designs & I can understand it but they never particularly bothered me, they were in-theme with the game's art style at least and they weren't a shitload of Toads. I'd like to see Intelligent Systems take another jab at the Super gameplay if they could, I feel it has potential.

I played 5 minutes of that game and dropped it. If I wanted to play shit that looks like Oregon trail id play Oregon trail

It was an artistic choice

Fair enough
I was a big fan of aLttP's already-open world with shortcuts/small areas being unlocked by item use instead of needing items to unlock more of the map, so I didn't take to LA enough for it to be my favourite. It's a good game, but the reasons you love it are the reasons that hold it back for my tastes.

>wuz

That's an interesting way to look at it. They're my two favorite games but I think it's just because they're mechanically pretty much the same.
But I guess the do compliment each other well. MM isn't a direct upgrade. It has more in some areas and less in others. It's like the same game but done differently.

Undertale is definitely worth a playthrough even if for sans alone. It's the very definition of a mediocre (5/10) game for me and the bare minimum requiremtn of, again, a worthwhile game. Honestly, it's more of a ride than an actual game. How do i explain this, it's an experience if you like. The first 30 minutes of the game are abysmal i do agree, but after that, it's a steady ride till the end with no slow downs at all.
Of course, i will never understand why people praised it so much and yet i CAN see why people like it. Give it another try.

cant be assed, have a quick list of the first games that came to mind which i consider to be great
suikoden II
ogre battle 64
okami
vanquish
ys oath in felghana
final fantasy tictacs
mischief makers
dragon quest 8
megaman x

only played okami, megaman x, Ys and vanquish from your list.
Acceptable.

>Nice, it's not my favorite but it's probably in my top 20 games
Not everyone can be a gaming enthusiast like me, so you just have to accept their shallow taste

It really doesn't matter OP. If it does to you, pick up other hobbies or get out more.

aH