Why is the best metal gear game not included in any remakes or compilations?

Why is the best metal gear game not included in any remakes or compilations?
Did anyone even play ghost babel?
It's easily equal to MGS1 if not a bit better.

>Why is the best metal gear game not included in any remakes or compilations?
Because Nintendo + not canon. Latter being the reason PO is not on any collection or even official timeline.

>Did anyone even play ghost babel?
yup, on an emulator.
>It's easily equal to MGS1 if not a bit better.
nah, but it's on par with MG2, which was a proto-MGS

Ghost babel remake with a proper ending on switch when?

After giving up on it when I was a kid, I went back and beat it and MG2 before V released.

Call me casual, but I found it almost impossible to navigate without a guide. It was also much harder than MG2.

As for why it was never rereleased, it probably because it's too obscure and Nintendo would have to ok its release on one of it's platforms.

>On switch
you mean that modern console that manages to have worse controls than the original ps1 controller?

>Latter being the reason PO is not on any collection or even official timeline.
Portable Ops is directly referenced in MGS4, and uses images from it
and the Jap MGS 20th year anniversary collection had a rerelease of with new cover artwork done for it PO

I had the opposite experience, had to use a map for MG2 but had no problem with GB. The latter also had a fucking ton of backtracking that got really annoying.

MG2 is easy without a map, mainly because of the radar.
I needed a guide for MG1.

I haven't tried the MSX version of MG1, but the NES version was just dull, ended up dropping it.

>I needed a guide for MG1.
the only part of MG1 that I had to look up was for the uniform hidden behind a wall
I don't know if I missed a codec call or a prisoner who was supposed to direct me there, but that was some bullshit. it's hard to imagine why anyone thought that that was a good idea to put in the game

>character spends his last moments in agony as his soul is dragged to hell
>commentary on african warlords and terrorism
>"Everyone burns differently, did you know that?"

At least the cigs are fake.

Because Kojima haaaaaaaates the project. He felt it was regressing and was always salty about it existing.

Regressing on what? It had much more mature themes than MGS1 and frankly the plot was better too.
At the very, very least it's a better game than MGS4 and V.

Ten times better than Dead Cell.
Norihiko Hibino, who did the music for Ghost Babel, also worked on MGS2's music. Piece of trivia I discovered recently.

Graphics and gameplay.

You forgot about Puppet guy, who's a serial killer.

The puppets are corpses.

>more mature themes

Konami is a literal retard company. Do you realize they have never released a single Castlevania collection? Do you have any idea what a poor business decision that is?

I want to play MGA 1+2 and PO and I would pay good money for a port of these offbeat mobile entries along with Ghost Babel. I'd pay over 100 if it included trophies.

Play the MSX/Legacy Collection version. I think the NES port leaves a lot of stuff out.

>We never got MGA3 for vita

>Because Nintendo + not canon.
Doubt Nintendo has anything to do with it they can't stop developers from releasing games sold on their platforms. Not being canon is more likely.

>Portable Ops is directly referenced in MGS4, and uses images from it
Portable Ops is a weird spot canon wise. It's was basically Kojima stroking his ego because he didn't think anything he didn't write or direct was canon. It also got a single mention from Miller in PW saying something like "We can put that non-sense in San Hieronymo behind us".

I have never even played MGA 1 or 2 but I know I would fucking love then.

>but the NES version was just dull, ended up dropping it.
NES version is not even worth playing. It made so many changes and the translation is horrendous. MSX version is definitely the better game but still very antiquated, MG2 is a superior game overall in almost every department. Though the controls feel much stiffer in MG2.

Fairly sure they released a CoTM and HoD on one GBA cart.

>Portable Ops is a weird spot canon wise
not really
everything is canon unless something Kojima wrote contradicts it
this is what he stated, it's easy to understand
most franchises have a tier list when dealing with canon
PO is the equivalent of the cgi Star Wars show, it's all canon except the parts that contradict the movies, which are a higher tier in the canon list.
don't be so autistic about it

because it was written solely by fukushima who kojima had killed by the yakuza

>Doubt Nintendo has anything to do with it they can't stop developers from releasing games sold on their platforms
Oh yes, they do.
And it's not only a Nintendo thing either.

>It's was basically Kojima stroking his ego because he didn't think anything he didn't write or direct was canon
which is exactly why he added direct references to it in MGS4? what kind of logic is that? what kind of mental gymnastics bullshit do you have to do to still pretend it doesn't count

what does nintendo have to do with GB
they don't own the ip, they didn't publish it, they didn't fund it

Where are the contradictions in PO to the rest of the story?
Actually without PO you would question where the fuck snake and miller got the money to build up a small army (before meeting paz).

>cgi Star Wars show
But Lucas made that, and nothing in it contradicts the movies.
PO is more like the 2D Clone Wars show from 2004, loosely ties in to the movies but because the creator didn't make it, it wasn't considered canon at the time.

And puppets are named after characters from a popular kabuki play, The Love Suicides at Amijima, two women whose lives were ruined by a man that couldn't control his desires.

>tfw I bought GB for like 5 bucks along with dragon quest monsters in like 2002 because my parents were too cheap to buy a new GBA game.
>Played the shit out if them, still prefer GB to most MGS games and DQ to Final Fantasy to this day.
I miss when portable games were really good alternatives to console games. The last game that really gave me that feeling was kid Icarus uprising. The rest of the 3ds library are just shitty ports and watered down spinoffs. They even managed to kill pokemon in a single generation.

I never fucking thought I'd pine for my shitty little ganeboy with double As and a non lit screen, but here we are.

Oh and I was able to get all 3 wario games for less than 10 bucks, I still think they're more fun than pretty much every modern Mario game.

>Where are the contradictions in PO to the rest of the story?
Gray Fox's origin is changed in PO to make him fit into story
and there was something about who the CIA director was in PO being contradicted by PW, but I forget the details on that one.
the rest is fine as far I can tell

>Actually without PO you would question where the fuck snake and miller got the money to build up a small army (before meeting paz)
more importantly, PO is about the founding of Foxhound. A big piece of the story that was missing

Kojima said it's canon, easy to understand

Good deals for good games, it seems. I'm kinda jealous.

Portable Ops is canon, no?

>what does nintendo have to do with GB
It's a licensed game, made for their licensed, exclusive system, using their dev kits?
It's literally the same thing as the MGS1 not being available on Xbox 360, or Twin Snakes on ANY other platform so far.

>It's a licensed game
so nothing?

Because Metal Gear Rising isn't even that old, why would they remake it already?