Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nNcuRuBwGSU
youtube.com/watch?v=cR5sN8juXWY
youtube.com/watch?v=J3FqpLcheo8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Force Nintendo to make one besides Mario Kart

Oh wait we used to have that and it was called "F-Zero"

Good night, sweet prince.

Wait until the specific style of racing game that you like comes back into fashion, or play the good racing games that exist today even though they're a different style.

If you like arcade racers you're fucked because arcades are fucked, tough shit.

NFSU3 made by the NFSU2 team

>not emulating all the initial D arcade games
Forza horizon 3 is the best non arcade style racing game at the moment though

Remake Underground, add in rpg elements and decent rival story.

>Nintendo finally reveals a new F-Zero
>it's GX HD with a sixth cup
>the game has been made easier, like Chapter 5 VH now gives you 45 seconds to escape 'because children these days don't have the patience to spend a long time on one chapter'
You know it's going to happen.

have codemasters make GRID 3 autosport didnt count

Project Cred Forums

join me bros

I think Trackmania is pretty good in the arcade genre.

nintendo used to have several racing games

I recently played GRID 2 and had fun what racing games should I play?

Huge asteroid the size of China hitting amerimutts.

speaking of racing games
does anyone know of an active online racing game to play that doesn't take a NASA tier supercomputer to run? feels bad that I can't play forza

You can probably play Assetto Corsa on a toaster.

Buy me a racing wheel and I'm in

GRID 1 and Forza horizon 3 (when its on sale). driveclub is shit and the car choices suck

Excite Bike wasn't that exciting.

What's a good racing game for someone who's never played any?

GRID 2

Get rid of cheating AI and rubberbanding. Wipeout is driving me insane with this shit.

Claimed

Make an Initial D style racing game set in the mountain passes of Japan. Include every 80's and 90's jap and euro shitbox under the sun, anything made after the year 2000 be damned. Have decent visual customization.
Why can't I have something like this without resorting to emulation?

because most people who play racing games want to race meme supercars instead of riced out shitboxes and sports cars or just cars that are more than "muh 0-60 times".

Racing game devs can't do arcade games anymore without it boiling down to nitros, speedboost, jumps, crash tricks lmao. Even Initial D became a shitty in-between realistic to arcade and the last great true arcade initial d is 3rd stage.

I have no problems with realistic racing games but most of them are fucking similar with only a few different features between them. Why the fuck don't we have a realistic acade game with licenses/realistic/real racing leagues competition system and a bit of open world/street racing or varieties in cars and not just fucking supercars.

>tfw no light, fun, NA 4 cyl cars anymore
>tfw no fun cars period
>it's difficult to get even a new fucking civic in manual now because dealers are basically only interested in leasing
>brainlet normies are unironically BEGGING for their driving privileges to be taken away by automated electric cars.
The BRZ and ND miata are the last of their kind guys. After asian kids in LA stop buying them it's all ogre.
RIP cars.

I'm in the market for a used car.
I can get a used 90 rx7 FC3s for 6k~ish before bargaining.
I'm also looking at Imprezza's from the late 90s and early 00s, would cost me 4-6k~ish.

FCs have heating issues like crazy so if you plan to daily it you gotta go though extra stuff like letting it warm up so the engine doesnt flood.

any WRX or STI impreza on the used market is usually riced to hell and back and sold at an insane markup. if you check one out make sure there arent any problems with it and remember that mods dont increase the value of a car

I wish there were some arcade racing games on PC besides fucking Forza, I enjoy Project Cars 2 because it's the only sim with a career mode but aside from that every racing game on PC is a multiplayer only simulation game.

GRID and GRID 2

Why would you want to play against fucking bots?

Racing games have already been perfected.

Make another midnight club

I meant new games, I hear Grid Autosport is okay but the lack of a proper cockpit cam kills it for me.

Midnight club 5 without the rubberbanding issues of 3 and 4 would be perfect

>Implying they wont call it F-Zero NX

What's there to fix? Racing games are better than ever now, especially with VR.
youtube.com/watch?v=nNcuRuBwGSU

Because of shit like this
youtube.com/watch?v=cR5sN8juXWY

I agree. But i will say that it has made some great moments where i won by the skin of my teeth with my heart pounding.

This guy paints his nails.

Make the garage bit fun again.
Not just picking the highest number from a drop down menu.

Retarded if you cant feel the inertia or acceleration

Some guy on /o/ is making a game called Touge 1995, I hope it's good.

yeah there are definitely a few courses where one tiny fuck up means you're screwed for the whole race lol

youtube.com/watch?v=J3FqpLcheo8
Matter of budget, innit? Next you'll complain that you can't feel the heat of your engine making you sweat.

With the money you spend on that you can just go to the track. Though it does look cool

At this point you should just buy a Miata and track it

You get over it after a while, it does feel weird at first but eventually you get into it like you're driving a real car.

How is that a good thing

RE: KART when?

release singleplayer gran turismo. game like the old ones, with thousands of events and lots of cheap shitboxes you can tune. and then release it on pc, pc players never really had proper gran turismo-like game (since forza is not like gran turismo)

Blur (not on Steam store anymore)

You can already do this since Forza 3 and 4 at Fujimi Kaido, it even has regular shitboxes as traffic cars

I'm not even looking at modded ones.
Heating issues sounds concerning though cause I live in a hot country.

LET ME TELL YOU HOW I LIVE

lots of mods out there

Too much emphasis on "muh motorsportz". I just want to race shitboxes on city streets.

AC is weird since it's touted by many as having the best physics yet I drive irl endurance series and have won a championship even and I can't piece a good lap to save my life in that game since cars act wildly different from what I'd expect from them. Ignoring the lack of feedback from feel the cars just don't seem to have outputs that match the inputs I'm giving them.

RF2 is better but super ugly and lacking any tracks or cars I want to drive, iRacing has become my favorite since cars do what I expect them to but it's still an absolute pain in the dick to drive anything with aero since you can't feel your trailbraking.

I put over 50hrs into AC without even being close to passable with cars I've driven in real life yet with iRacing I was in the "World Champion" level of the time attack within an hour and a bit in the mx5 at Lime Rock.

It just seems like real life carries over to rF2 and iRacing whereas AC is just something else entirely.

t. NuNFS fag

Fewer kart racers and fewer "simulation" games; more shit like the Initial D arcade games and F-Zero.

No I'm saying they fucked up the sequel

I haveGrid Autosport, Juiced 2, Dirt Rally and Wipeout Omega to play. Which one?

+ a wide Array of tuning ranging to a small spoiler to Xx1r3y3c7eXx

Enjoy your blown apex seals.

You can already buy heavy duty ceramic apex seals for like 300€. Also if you have some knowledge about a Wankel you can enjoy your car even when you push it a bit further.