youtube.com/watch?v=WXwho2ZjRz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OCEAN MAN
TAKE ME BY THE HAND
LEAD ME TO THE LAND
THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

El engendro de las mareas...

Or guns

Cred Forums really doesn't understand how to use memes properly.

Or robots for sex, I mean companionship. You're forced to fug sea life

>that monster is trying to kill me, better let it because it would be evil of me to use a gun to save myself

stupid af game

>caring about maymay accuracy
Jesus Christ, autismo

>I'm in danger
>I need muh guns
Fucking Americans.

not getting onto the prawn, hook his face and punch it until it dies while pacific rim OST plays
youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso

Guns don't work underwater

only little pussy faggots need ingame maps. Real men draw their own maps and navigate by landmarks.

just turn left whenever you see a leviathan my dude

Map would get soggy in the water

It's bad enough that you get waypoints.
Build more beacons, faggot.

it's set in the future with a machine that can manufacture all kinds of shit on demand from raw materials. they could have a magic underwater gun.

OBSSESED

It feels like a map would make sense if you had to fill it out yourself and you could only get it when you have the compass.

>El Criatur Aguatica

t. rage comic poster in 2010

Maybe I'll make a map combining the distance from the lifeboat with the compass bearing to get an idea of where stuff is.

I finally found the lava zone holy shit

Gotta be able to see and scan the topography and terrain to make a map. Better get cracking.

OCEAN MAN
THE VOYAGE TO THE CORNER OF THE GLOBE IS A REAL TRIP

Ok, real talk:
What the fuck is this guy supposed to be?
Spic? Brazilian? Black? Arab? Turk?

Press f1

And there's an in-game reason (massacre) and an out-of-game reason (this is not that kind of game) why it can't, get over it. You have a dozen other ways to kill shit.

>haha i posted it again give me those delicious Cred Forums spams guys xD

Dios mio....

Mongolian. Read the lore you find

If you haven't realized yet, subnautica's writers are retarded.

Spaceman

HOLY DIVER
YOU'VE BEEN DOWN TOO LONG IN THE MIDNIGHT SEA

college kid mix.

ugly

el goblino..

Blanda up mystery meat a sjw nutjob from SF imagined future people to look like

It's sad really because when it was just on Cred Forums being used to mock Americans it was funny. Now underage memers are ruining it.

Protip: your life pod is in the center of the map. The aurora is directly east of your life pod. You now have a generally good sense of where the cardinal directions are.

Pacific islander. Probably an island that has been overrun by mongolians, because for some reason they're a super power in this retarded universe.

future mixed race

>build habitat
>build robot wife(s)
>start building rocketship to leave
>decide to stay, banging your robot harem

a mutt

I keep going over the same areas without realising. It's fucking annoying. I'd use beacons but they need copper and I have have any.

>can build spacecraft
>can't build a gun

Games about problem solving really brings out the whiners, I love it.

>Harpoon Guns

muh school shootings
muh 2nd amendment
muh politically loaded games with my insightful commentary

a mistake, since they could have pulled a Metroid by having the character pop out with a helmet and leave the mystery to the player's own creation

but in the context of the game it doesn't makes sense that you wouldn't have scanning/map equipment

>Weapons were removed from standard survival blueprints following the massacre on Obraxis Prime. The knife remains the only exception.
Future in the game is actually a capitalist dystopia.

>can''t kill shit with the dozen other ways the game gives you because you're too dumb
>"waaaah gimme an AK-47 mommy!"

muh obsessing over one guy's words
muh ignoring the actual reason the rest of the devs gave before he went insane
muh shitposting in a video game thread

Aren't guns

And are mostly fired from out of the water

All of the above.

>La Luz Extonguido

no it was not funny when europoors actually used this meme. its only funny when used ironically

Ur cute owo

Maybe something you could build in your base, like a room that scans your environment and maps all the resources.

Lmao, but it works better without a map. I love when games put fun before realism.

that would be pretty cool but pretty stronk

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Scanner_Room
subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Seaglide

Do we even know he is from earth?

When the PDA reminds you are getting charged for everything you pick or build and for the damage the Aurora and the crew substained for a debt in the order of billions i don't get why the fuck you would leave the planet at that point

American.

It's the world SJWs wants though

I'm pretty sure you could plead your case, Alterra isn't run by jews, it's run by El Creaturas

As a non-American: You guys are fucking obsessed with guns, its insane

>i'm shit at this game, why didn't the devs make it easier for me?
just play the sandbox mode if you're too dumb to find copper, one of the easiest to find ressources

You know. Fuck the guns, how come I can't make a spear for better stabbing?

What were they thinking?

OH WHAT'S BECOMING OF MEEEE

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Name one thing bad about guns

Better hope a cure for a galaxy-wide deadly disease and extensive research data on multiple species including sentient aliens and ion cube technology can cover the cost or at least bring you over zero.

He isn't a mongol
There are 2 mongolians in the game, the degasi captain, who died during his ship crash, and the delegate the company owning the Degasi sent to investigate what happened, also died in the aurora crash due lifepod systems failure during the descent

What building is that?

>be american
>have access to technology that makes conflict both stupid and unnecessary
>ask for weapons that don't even work in the alien environment

You sound like a butthurt american.

>Company charges you a trillion dollars for keeping anything you collect from the planet
>We're supposed to believe this same company is sending their trillion dollars worth of equipment/space ships/people out to deadly planets without even minor defenses

they can't fry eggs

Scanny room.
It's not perfect, not automated, but it maps and logs resources.

>SJW
>Capitalism

Not a chance.

I'm sure that there's a machine gun that gets hot enough to fry an egg on

Not the right shape though

youtu.be/ojg_def2mzM

One of the first blueprints you find in the official release is a scanner room for that exact problem. It's not the game's fault that you don't know how to play it. Build a compass and use it, too. The map is pretty small.

The only limit is your imagination

Boy I sure do love bacon with a lead and cordite crumb

>play super mario bros 2
>no guns, it's shit
>play forza motorsport
>no guns, it's shit
>play transport tycoon
>no guns, it's shit
>play def jam
>no guns, it's shit
>play football manager
>no guns, it's shit

Damn why don't devs only make fps? how am i supposed to enjoy a game if i can't shoot things?

>entire planet of ocean
>theres like 12 different fish

you sound like a person that has grown accustomed to limitations

Yeah but did you know super Mario Bros 2 was actually a game called doki doki literature club in Japan?

Those aren't life or death situations

>giving civilians who live in airtight enclosures where a single small penetration can mean instant death access to explosive penetration weapons

nigga there's a reason even trained submarine crews lock up all their firearms when they're under way, do you think trusting dipshit normies is a good idea?

They didn't really know about the 'deadly' part.
Possible they didn't even know there were other sentient races and their ruins to worry about in the galaxy because most of them got wiped out by the same disease we contract.

>lets arm all of our civilians and workers!

Actually it's all the in crater of an inactive volcano, once you go off the edge into the abyss you get fucked by infinitely spawning ghost leviathans
And the reason why there's only 12 fish is alien fuckery

To be fair they really don't make it clear how to use the scanner room.

Alterra HQ can authorize guns blueprints for not military personal at any time as long quantum communication isn't interrupted.
If the Aurora crew wouldhave needed guns they would have got them

>in a dark dystopian future, maps and good haircuts will be illegal

small jej

Those are scrambled eggs.

This

Fucking sjw devs

>Trusting normie dipshits
If they're exploring the far reaches of the unknown, they're not normalfag dipshits.
The degasi ship already disappeared in the area. Regardless of not knowing, you're sending your expensive ass space ship and humans out into literally a void of immeasurable dangers.

Dark Souls? No thanks, lemme skip to the best part of that franchise with Bloodborne so I can use some of them guns amirite

>see Subnautica thread
>bet it will be about race / mutts, guns and general shitposting
>it is

It's not like there's a good game to discuss

Tell Unknown Worlds to stop being shitty writers then and come up with better excuses.

They could be. What if a guy is trying to run you off the road?

That's true, they need to put an instructions page in the pda for everything because they don't really explain any machine.

They do though.

good games get heaps of shit from Cred Forums. ngl I didn't give a shit when Cred Forums liked subnautica and had those 'spoopy' threads. it wasn't until Cred Forums started with the bleeding, impotent rage that I gave it a second look.

>if you die in the game, you die in real life!
also, nice missing the point. The games is used as examples belong to certain genres where the mechanics and gameplay don't revolve around shooting stuff. it's like complaining that i can't buy real estate in CS:GO : of course I can't, it's not meant to be that kind of game

t. A brainlet who would never use the gravity gun in HL2

>and an out-of-game reason (this is not that kind of game)

>this is not that kind of game
>survival
>not a violent kind of game
>this is not that kind of game
>no violence ebil menz!!

gun

Game take place in a closed enviorment, the crater of a super volcano.
Think of the Galapagos.
Also the Khaara wiped out like 90% of the planet lifeforms so there are very few places left with fishes left

>If they're exploring the far reaches of the unknown, they're not normalfag dipshits.

They're not explorers, they're construction workers or truckers at best. They're there to deploy a phase gate, not be the Starship Enterprise.

The gravity gun is used with saws, makeshift spears, if I recall there were even explosives you could pick up. All of that is too violent for Unknown Worlds though.

If you love guns so much, why don't you own one, faggot?

I do

I'm European, I don't need or want a gun. But I'm not a pacifist nor am I against guns in a life or death situation. If I'm stuck at the bottom of the sea with dangerous lifeforms:

>GUNS YES

Funny, you can do all of that in Subnautica too

When you upgrade the prawn's jetpack, and get the grapling hook, you use it to boost yourself like spider man, and no leviathan can get you.

It's survival, not Resident Evil. you don't need to go around slaughtering all the big mean beasties to build a rocket, cure yourself, and leave.

How do you make explosives?

Again, degasi already disappeared over there. Don't tell me you subscribe to the cult like mentality that the Alterra Corp is golden god of a company, only concerned with the safety of their employees, because again, that's contradicted by the dumb shits not giving a fuck about the degasi. The writing in this game is pure shit no matter what way I look at it.

>It's survival, not Resident Evil.

Survivalists carry weapons with them for good reason, you should have been there to tell the russians landing in they're capsule they don't need protection in the siberian wilderness. toppest of keks.

Goblino

Grab a crashfish with propulsion gun and throw it at something
Gas torpedoes and Vortex are technically explosives too
Repulsion Cannon can throw annoying Bonesharks/Warpers two biomes away

He's a 56%er.

Oh yeah, where's that saw and makeshift spear I can find in subnautica? Only thing I can pick up are shitty fish and propel them.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

PRAWN
R
A
W
N

If the Russian Space Agency was owned by a massive, uncaring corporation that is fine with you dying then I'm sure they wouldnt have weapons either. On the radio you literally hear them nearly miss a rescue attempt on you because they're trying to order sandwiches.

For some reason the crew mostly didn't know they were on a possible rescue mission. And the Degasi wasn't supposed to be in the area either.

Not even close to the best song on that album

there's a difference between shitting about a game and just blatant shitposting

You're not playing as a survivalist, you're playing as the head janitor of the Aurora.

I don't mind not having big guns that kill becausr the stasis rifle, repulsion cannon, the prawn, and the seamoth perimeter defense system are prretty fucking badass.

not on Cred Forums, there isn't.

The more I think about Subnautica as a completed product the more I hate it. It was better when it was just exploring the ocean in the early access. Instead they've introduced a clusterfuck of writing, tropes such as ancient super technology aliens, shooting fish like a wacky, happy go lucky adventure, all the while trying to make you feel like you're in a terrifying hostile environment. It really reflects their incompetent treatment of Natural Selection 2.

They own all that too, goy. It's in your contract.

>thinking the space nations share the same ethnicities as the earth nations they take their names from

All you wrote actually sounds cool. Stop being bitter my friend.

I never played early access so I haven't found that

The Degasi isn't an Alterra vessel, it was owned and operated by a podunk operation run by a crazy old man and his son. The only reason the Aurora even entertained the possibility of investigating the disappearance is because it just so happened to be on the way to their destination, and it would appease a political relationship with the Mongolians. They were prepared to just do a flyby and be done with it.

And on the contrary, I subscribe to the mentality that Alterra is grossly negligent and didn't understand the risks of the trip, which is why they sent a ship with ONLY civilians and no trained security personnel that would have weapon authorization.

You sound like a contrarian piece of shit.
Early access was superior. You crash landed, go survive. Explore the ocean and its biomes.

You seem to be upset because there a story in this game and you're not endlessly swimming aorund with no objective and no purpose.

Yes, I've already explained multiple times the story is shit, as you can see in my post complaining about the awful generic ancient super technology aliens. Are you ESL and incapable of understanding full English sentences?

Found the log: Alterra Corp is looking for the survivors simply to gain favor with the Mongolian government. Otherwise, humanitarian missions are considered unprofitable.

>on an alien planet
>angry about alien stuff being there
That's like going to France and complaining about croissants and the Eifel Tower being there.

Actually you are the one that sounds like a contrarian my friend, a bitter contrarian. So cliché Cred Forums to hate something once it becomes popular.
>I liked the game before it became popular!
So badass. Keep being badass forever!

Yes they do.

He can swim so he can't be black.

You can fire them underwater, but their effective range is essentially extended melee range at best.

I see black people swimming all the time. Where did this meme come from?

>Just not a FUCKING MAP
>Literally an entire fucking room dedicated to mapping

That doesn't count

ive seen hundreds of Africans drowning in the sea while trying to zerg rush european borders.
Blacks know how to swim thanks to their masters.
Blacks from Africa dont know how to swim.

GOTTA GET AWAY
HOLY DIVEAAAAAAAA

>the map doesn't count
>as a map

Looks like a fish. Maybe that's the joke.

La cincuenta y seis...

Someone post the image of the sea emperor with the get well soon balloon.

>the mapping room doesn't count as a map
What did he mean by this?

>Comparing a First Person Survival game to a racing game
Nice strawman faggot

It doesn't help when I have to leave the base.

t. didn't pirate it.
If you have that fear of open water (forgot the name) it's pure kino during early-mid game. Late game falls off a bit though, but lost river is interesting. I'm 50 hours in and still haven't finished it.

Killing shit isn't your objective. You also have over a dozen other ways to kill everything, even the leviathans.

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Scanner_Room_HUD_Chip

>You also have over a dozen other ways to kill everything
Ah yes how could I forget about locking an enemy in place and spending 10 minutes knifing them to kill them

(vos)

You could have just used (tu)

>Americans play game
>get mad they can't get shot in game

That's one.

I'll just post the list YET AGAIN because you faggots are so retarded.

PRAWN suit punching arm
PRAWN suit drilling arm
PRAWN suit Propulsion Cannon
Seamoth Perimeter Defense System
Gas Torpedo
Vortex Torpedo
Propulsion Cannon
Repulsion Cannon
Ramming things with the Seamoth
Ramming things with the Cyclops

Guns would remove all tension by making the enemies too easy to deal with.

>t. has never fired a gun before
You pull off firing a full mag and even a semiautomatic barrel can fry an egg

Not him, but have you played the game? The scanner room is not a map. It maps where certain elements are, but it doean't map terrain in a useful way because it doesn't show you the shape of caves, and it works in a very limited range even if you add 4 range upgrades. The hud upgrade works even less like a map because it doesn't show any map on screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=WXwho2ZjRz0

>cure the planet
>keep the weapon enabled

There would be 0 downside to this, you even have cool pet sea emperors.

not a brown girl
so it's a racist

doesn't mario have a raccoon suit that shoots fireballs?

yeah that'll work against a reaper leviathan, better make a fucking speargun instead of this electric pulse field

Review my colors

The worst part is the Arial font

Spearguns are made for sport fishing, not for hunting or defence against large sea-creatures. If you shoot and hit a shark with a speargun, the only thing you have accomplished is attaching yourself to an angry shark.

>not using a vibrant color to easily locate your submarine

What an incredible idea for a room! I know how to make it even better; give it pathetic range and useless cameras. I think we should propose this one to good ol flayra boys, he'd love it.

>useless cameras.
okay good, I'm not the only person who thought these cameras were fucking stupid and useless

I think his only way out would be to negotiate a deal where the MC builds a base for other people to work out of. Ion Cubes are basically limitless energy. The only issue now is getting there safe.

So MC tells Altera "Hey, you got my PDA specs, and you never built a fucking map, so not only do you know that this exists, but also that only I know where it is. Let's negotiate."

who cares?

Other than never seeing another human again. That woukd be miserable.

At least the dude from the ship you were ""rescuing"" had his son and his son's mercenary waifu to hang out with.

Cred Forums and Cred Forums and Cred Forums

la creatura

You can download a picture of the map off google images then put that picture in subnautica's screenshots folder so that you'll be able to have a framed map anywhere you want. I have one in my cyclops.