Give me one fucking reason why games can't be art. Just one!

Give me one fucking reason why games can't be art. Just one!

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/world/modern-art-was-cia-weapon-1578808.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger
youtube.com/watch?v=kPWlniw95IE&t=98s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handicap_principle
1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/sculptures/busts/marble-bust-diana-huntress-rene-rozet/id-f_4776953/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8al_H6IRaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ebert said so

is Monopoly art are coffee cups art is everything art? if so then why say anything is art? kys

video games can definitely be propaganda.

Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

Games dont need to be art. Their most important, defining feature is interactivity, it is neither a visual, nor a storytelling medium, although bidetjames can borrow certain elements from those to enhance the experience.

thats not a game

nintendo

The Rothko

>talking shit on rothko
lmao get a load of this pleb

Can anyone explain to me what the appeal is of extremely minimalistic paintings like the one on the right?

Art isn't interactive

It's abstract dude

anything can be art, so long as the discipline attached to it requires skill, this is also why modern art is a misnomer as it derives status not from its artistry but from its message

Is an engaging and fun game aided by cohesive visual and sound direction not a work of art?

No art has merit, and thats why the image of a cute waifu is worth just as much as three squares. To imply that some art has intrinsic merit over others is simply stupid

Guess I'm a really good artist, too.

Sauce on that animu girl tho

It had not been done before. Its experimental and defies classification.

The color, the texture, the form, how it looks under different shading.

You have to see it in person. Rothko's paintings are absolutely massive and it's an amazing experience to see how they're composed and come together in odd ways. At least, that's what I've heard. Like you're washed over by a huge wave of emotion due to the sheer scale and intricacy of it.

And?

Vidya is more like an interactive story anyway, even games that have no story are made to entertain in a similar way. I wouldn't call a good book 'art' but it does have artistic merit.

Art is a lie. Nothing is art or everything is art.

because "art" is trash tier bullshit for fart sniffers.

This post is art

Faggot Nickel Original Post

Because it is so vague, you can say it means what you want it to mean, usually something that validates your worldview and gives you an ego boost.

It's an enriching experience because selling that sort of shit is a means of money laundering.

His paintings are humbling, they get burned into the back of your eyes. You don't really look at them, but sorta past or through them. I haven't seen that much of his stuff in person, but it left a really big mark on me. I didn't care about his stuff until then either.

This one

Art is a display of skill. Drawing lewds can most definitely be a skill of display, as is making videogames.

I don't consider art to be exclusively storytelling.

Art is a spook and I'm not even memeing
It's a nonsense man-made concept with no true definition

>Now print it on canvas and make up some hidden meaning.
"It's a parody of the original work to reflect how it's meaning can be altered by even further abstracting it and solely reducing it to basic geometric shapes while keepin the color coposition and cotrast the same."
>10.000$ at an auction.

>only 10k

Some people just don't understand art.

hiro?

>stand in front of big colored rectangles
>immense wave of emotions

I will actually never get art or artists.

>Art is a display of skill

Yeah ok Post-Modern art is a display of skill alright I guess Post-Post-Modern art and Post-modern art are literally the exact same thing

>David Lynch will never make a world in VR you can explore

How do you even make money off of nonsense garbage art? Do you have to be already popular? How do popular abstract artists get popular? This shit's weird, it has to be money laundering.

This post is just proof you will never understand art in a meaningful enough way to make it.

Left has more merit in Japan where putting doujin work on a resume is a positive

>4kb
>834x802

You got a lot learn, kid.

probably because you are soy incarnate and have no fighting human spirit left in you

A thing's artistic value is determined by its audience's morality. What I mean by this is people who claim to be objective are not. Now I could take a screenshot of black men ravaging my cute loli follower in skyrim and say it's art, and fellow lolicons would agree. "Normal" people however would not. What I am trying to say is do not let others mold what you think. Sure you can pretend to avoid getting isolated by society but you should stay true to yourself. Love what you love, and pretend to hate what others pretend to hate. It is what holds civilizations together.

This. It's a made up word. Trying to find a definition that everyone can agree on is a waste of time

Rambles of a senile old man. Mafia II and the Civilization series can be thought of as art.

Art is a word with no real meaning, who cares what's art and what's not?

You're just the typical Cred Forumsirgin brainlet

Actually it's non-representational.
t. Art major

you have no appreciation of the timeless nature of art embodying human existence, the zeitgeist of an era

sorry but only under very specific conditions could imagery of a raped loli be considered "art" for very obvious reasons to anyone who is not a psychopathic pedophile

>Art major

>A literal board game
>Art

Idiot

Because (((they))) can't make as much money off of them for as little effort as modern "art" requires.

I nude model too and probably make more money than you

Games don't want to be Art because absolute shit like the right picture is what's considered Art nowadays.

If anything games becoming "art" would be a loss in status for Games.

It's for people with less than 2 neurons that can't appreciate more than 2 shades of colors at the same time.

>unironically shilling rothko
you're the reason art is dead

user is right, its not abstract (abstract implies that something representational is made visually metaphorical, ie abstracted) because it is not oh say, abstract expressionism

rothko is not making an abstraction of his thoughts, imagination, or feeling

it is literally just painting color and expressing color itself, in other words there is absolutely zero abstraction occurring because if the color is red, you get red, no obvious metaphors involved beyond the form and arrangement of red and what "red means"

It had been done before. Anyone with no talent throwing paint on a canvas did it. It had never been elevated and celebrated before, because there wasn't a cabal of Jews trying to deconstruct and subvert everything beautiful that Europeans created.

It doesn't work in a low-quality image because you're missing the physical aspect of it. Have you ever seen the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel? Isn't it mind-blowing how dense and intricate it is? Not simply that it's good, but that there's so much of it that your senses are overwhelmed. Now take that aspect, and shift it to something as abstract as one or two simple colors. Your senses are immediately overcome by it, but unlike before, you're not sure how to interpret it. Da Vinci used it to express the glory of God, but now you've got it isolated and all that's left is just that power. Maybe noise music would be a good comparison, though not the crazy stuff like Merzbow.

There is a lot of (seeming) bullshit in modern art, but this one does make some sense if you think about it.

Thanks. I wonder why OP didn't just post Malevich if he wanted to bait about art.

This is actually pretty good, user. Very subtle usage of colors. The proportion of the blacks to reds is quite pleasing.

fuck off kiddie diddler

>you're a weak willed soyboy if you don't start crying when looking at a bunch of rectangles
yeah ok kid

Soft talk: Art is whatever you want it to be

Real talk: Art is a money laundering scheme

Is it the oil or your despair that stings while burger flipping?

I took a shit more vague than that pile of trash this morning and it took me like 1 minute.

Now now, we can pretend a shit on a fucking canvas is art as in thing with immense artistic value but I sure as hell wouldnt mean it. Do you see what I mean

>These are the same people that scream up and down that "you're using weeaboo wrong! I'm not a faggot like them (I totally am)!"

Weebs need to be gassed.

>Jews did it!
>European art tradition is still the dominant one
>most major modernists were white males
>most postmodern commerical successes were white males
>MUH JEWS
i guess when white people subvert white people its the jews fault, not progress and growth of art as a whole

Isn't your post proof that you didn't understood his art?

A Cred Forums post was sold for real money, this literally happened, so you still don't understand art.

dont waste your time user. Most of these virgins are poor and ignorant

The jews are primarily the ones that buy post-modern shit for tons of money.

>artist merit
The dumbest shit.

Take a hike, kike

The right one is usually used to transfer money from one to another mafia or whatever criminal organization.

Can he be defeated?

I think it's funny how every time people try to imitate Rothko or Pollock they end up creating obviously inferior, proving themselves wrong.

But everything has color, texture and form. What sets that painting apart from a leaf, a rag or a clump of dirt?

My screenshot art is superior. Look at the intricate thumbnail patters that appears out of nowhere, you can also see some information of the post but not all, just like how you can't have everything in life.

>asks why games can't be art
>gives as example weeb beta virgin bait games

Funny because the way games can weave interactivity into their assets and present them is the prime candidate for why they're a truly unique artform because it's the one thing setting them apart from all others like books, movies and paintings and that allows them to give entirely new unparalleled experiences.
Anyway I'm just here for the anime tiddy.

>make some sense if you think about it
I think that's desperate rationalization for the people who buy this shit at auctions. The sistine chapel required actual artistic talent to make. A kindergartner could paint rothko if you gave them a big canvas and paint.

Can anyone explain to me what the appeal is of extremely minimalistic clothing like the one on the left?

only if you shit on canvas in a way thats meaningful to others and hasnt been done before

people always say "such and such is art, everything can be art" but if youre so very clever and think it will work, try an experiment: go shit on a canvas and sell it. im sure youll get rich if your presumptions and dumb assumptions about the art world are true (protip: they arent).

i double motherfucking dog dare you. its an unoriginal idea and you wont get far because you didnt come up with the idea yourself. you can say anything you want in this postmodern world because you feel it to be true, but the reality when rubber meets the road is that what youre claiming is pure, biased speculation invented because of your right wing garbage anti art indoctrination. seriously, you have zero knowledge of art after the year 1900 like most plebes who say this fox news level "muh cultural marxism" propaganda.

This, this has nothing to do with this or any other painting in particular but you have to keep in mind that paintings were made to be seen in person so just looking at pictures of them doesn't do them justice.

It's nice when it's hot.

The OP pic is a staple guaranteed replies.jpg that has nothing to do with the subject itself, dumbtits.

man, this surely is hard to imitate. It must be worth $46.5 million

some deformed face dude that people keep posting about said it wasnt,

>Everyone on Cred Forums I disagree with is one person
Weeb is also a made up word user

How old must i be to play this game in pic?

nothing. It has no value and everyone just pretend it does. Abstractism is just ironic shitposting in an art form

This is shit.

Unless you display it on a big canvas in a museum, in which case it was secretly an unparalleled masterpiece all along.

t. soyboy art major

this image resumes your post

It's fine, most of us know the only art here is the art of money laundering.

So is faggot but that doesn't stop you from wolfing down dick.

>go shit on a canvas and sell it
If you were a well known artist, it would certainly sell.
If I were to go back in time, make that exact shitty minimalist garbage in the OP, and try to sell it, no one would buy it, because I'm not some well-known scamlord.

Ok you don't get it at all. What I am saying is people like you see enough value on say shit on a fucking canvas so much that you are willing to buy it. That's fine I am not denying what you see as art, but I want you to understand that I don't see shit on a fucking canvas as thing with immense value that I would spend money on it.

It's like gold trim on nice furniture, or jewelry embedded in something. It accentuates the overall piece of art (the body).

Why tho

IMAGINE MOY SHOCK

I've boxed guys with long arms before.
Its a bad time.

You'd be surprised how many of those ink blob type paintings are purely a display of skill. I've seen people do them and they do some crazy brush tricks or some such bullshit. It's pure technical skill that laymen can't really see.

Okay

been done before.

>its an unoriginal idea and you wont get far because you didnt come up with the idea yourself
I should try pissing on a canvas, that sounds original.

"Artistic merit" is a madeup word by elitists

Game don't deserve to be considered art. It would be insulting games to call it art.

Public art displays are literally just money laundering schemes by organized criminal organizations. You talk to the right person, you buy an "exquisite art piece" and next thing you know someone ends up dead in an alleyway.

Who made the anime grill?

>Art is about technical skill, composition, choice of subject, execution.
>Valued by everyone, even the most uneducated peasant, at first glance.
>Modern """Art""" is about """innovation""" and directly rejects and attacks all of the aforementioned in favor of anti-normative repetition of nonsense that was only ever considered shocking once in the 1920s when toilet humour, feces and urine were only fit for street theatre
>Only art school rejects who've spent 3+ years indoctrinating themselves and money launderers pretend to even feel anything from it, much less appreciate it.

Is murder art?

Video games aren't art, they're vandalism.

>2069
>games start being recognised as art
>new game out
>you're literally playing as a small white sphere rolling on the floor of a huge black cube
>that's the entire game and there's no end to it
>game sells 6 gorillion copies cause it represents the state of the white man in post-modern society and something about duality
>?????
>profit
Can't wait for the future.

>cave paintings served no cultural function
>pottery isnt the basis for all technology
>pottery didnt lead to metallurgy
>metallurgy didnt lead to civilization
>art isn't tied to early language and religion
>the cups i have in my house were made for necessity, thats different from the use of pottery 3000 years ago... totally
>art isnt important anymore because its too hard to understand in contemporary times
art isnt real guys, its a spook cmon stop appreciating aesthetic narratives of mankind but remember read those new trap doujins and funny edited sjw webcomics and remember art is a spook it takes no skill or effort and is not vital to human society

games arent art but they can be if the game's good enough, and I can only think of 3 games that can be considered art

It's only art because you say it is art. It's a word.
Pot, painting, metal = real thing
Art = concept, not real

art that promotes discussion via infamy or fame + plus the history surrounding the artist them self is what makes a piece of art, good art.

that anime picture to the left has literally no value other than being sexually arousing.

I write "if you think about it" because I've never seen it myself, but lots of eyewitnesses attest to this and it's easy to understand why when you give it some thought. These aren't just massive flat blobs a-la paint bucket tool, but elaborately textured canvases that you're meant to get lost in. True, a kindergartner could replicate it to some extent, but the form would be shit and probably go outside the lines a lot, ruining the feel of the work. And they'd probably choose a shitty medium, and have unsightly spots all over it that would ruin its cohesion. It may be simple in many respects, but that doesn't mean any old novice can replicate what it does.

Why are weebs the biggest faggots of this site?

what about disorganized criminal organizations

Those things all served functions and were, through skill, made into an artform.

Modern art serves no function.

anime website

I'm probably replying to a shitpost but that will literally never happen, art like that will only ever be appreciated by a very very small minority.

>Have a board dedicated to fapping to weebshit, whyfoo faggotry, and anime
>Come to all the unrelated boards to talk about these things

Weebs are braindead and no different from the fucking bronies.

Left: regular drawing

Right: Picture of a deity that drove the artist mad with mental illness.

This

Nobody buys these garbage displays for their actual "merit" as an art piece. The money goes towards a favor while being disguised as a legitimate purchase. It's the easiest way to have huge sums of cash transferred discretely.

50 years on and plebs are still furiously lashing out because they are unable and unwilling to appreciate Rothko. What a legend.

Tits are art. Rectangles are not art.

What a completely ignorant question. I'd like to remind everyone that art is not just about the skill of the artist. It's not about applauding a man for being very good at making the most complicated art object, art is often about the object as it is. Taking your prejudice about who deserves money or what advanced techniques should be rewarded into art is mind-numbing. I see a lot of people debating about who should be rewarded for trying the hardest, and a lot of inability to see the art as anything but a reference to the character of the person who created it.
Red and blue paint go together interestingly on a canvas, sometimes. If you're too hung up on pride to feel that, then you're missing the point.

Hey Cred Forums, which art style is your favorite?

It can be.

People play games in different ways, but everyone sees the same painting

they're games

More artistic merit, please

>mfw faggots think that Art is the same thing as or means that something is of a high quality

Because we try.
How dare you even suggest you have half what it takes to be the "biggest faggot on this site" with this half assed slacker attitude.

Looked like she had extremely deformed hips at first.

you dont actually think this but if you do youre retarded
reputation does not add inherent value to a piece.

the one on the right is subjective while the one on the right is probably illegal

MODERN ART IS SHIT
LITERAL SHIT
YOU CAN SMASH YOUR TURD ON A CANVAS AND CALL IT ART

What is art?
What do you like about art?
Who cares about art?
Is it important if something is art or not?
How can you tell?

Modern art serves a function though.

>Getting money because of who you are and not because of what you did
Infuriating

Video games cannot be art because they serve a purpose other than just existing. They exist to challenge some kind of skill.

A functioning refrigerator cannot be art. A fire hydrant in the street cannot be art. The same is true of a game. It exists to test your skill, either against itself or against some one else. Therefore it can't be art.

Abstract art is often referential. You know what it's about if you get the reference.

Rothko paintings were made to be seen in a gallery. The art is the entire exhibit not just the singular painting. It’s the lighting, the design of the room and the other paintings around it. It isn’t a singular work

Money laundering doesn't count.

>If
so your entire argument is begging the question "if?" by even saying it i know you cant name an artist who actually has sold a painting made of feces.
>because I'm not some well-known scamlord.
are you implying that having business savvy is part of being an artist? are you anticapitalist? whats your deal, dude? what is wrong with having good skills to promote yourself and be clever about how you sell your own products? seems like a pointless objection, unless youre a commie or something.
>What I am saying is people like you see enough value on say shit on a fucking canvas so much that you are willing to buy it.
there is virtually no difference in claiming a false strawman of artists that they have zero standards and see everything as art and you believing it yourself. if you believe others think it, you at least think such a phenomenon of anything goes is real when it indeed is not real.
>That's fine I am not denying what you see as art,
you have no idea what i think of as art. you dont have any of the relevant information to make any claims about my opinions.
>I don't see shit on a fucking canvas as thing with immense value that I would spend money on it.
how is this in any way at odds with what im saying? there are so very few people who would pay for art of this kind that it should be considered to be insignificant. the only criterion for this being possible is if someone makes a very articulate painting of grandmaster skill level or with some grand conceptual plan to make shit art into something no longer shit despite being made of shit.
also been done, bucko. art isnt easy in that if you steal you have to steal well, and if youre trying to be original... good luck.

This thread has nothing to do with any of the things you've mentioned (or video games for that matter), but if you're curious, people like you don't exist on other boards which makes them significantly less fun.

>An ornate vase isn't art because it can be use to

Everyone sees the same game too, both paintings and games are discrete, literal objects that are what they are. The impression people get from either, however, is unique.

>Jews did it!
In this case, yes. It's one of the few areas where you'll quickly see a connection without Cred Forumstards involvement if you at all look into the history of the modern art scene.

so when a game adds babymode/skip bosses it becomes art?

Im out then.

if video games are art
then so are normal games like chess and hockey
chess is not art
hockey is not art
so video games are not art

Left, because it despite it being an anime girl, it still has anatomy, perspective, etc. The right is just boring trash. Even seeing that garbage in real life in all of its hugeness or whatever would be trash because it's not interesting to look at. Whoaaa, three shapes. You look at it for 2 seconds and you're done.

2nding this

used to hold water*
I don't know why that sent before I finished

Looks traced.

It certainly does, when your statement is to tear away at the impression that the fine arts sales industry matters.

Games can't be art because my middle-class Cracked.com upbringing tells me that art is pretentious garbage, and I enjoy games, so they can't be art. Also, submitting games as art would subject them to academic criticism which would inevitably point out sexist and racist attitudes in games which I am not particularly fond of abandoning because video games are the last place where I can go for politically incorrect high-budget entertainment in mainstream society, and I will fucking die before giving up anime tiddies.

Videogames can't be art because they're already Sports!

The World Jewery is rightfully feeling threatened by Based E-Sports.

Yes it does

people will pay a lot more attention to something if it has a familiar name to it, it’s why anyone gives a single fuck about Death Stranding when there are thousands of cryptic game teasers out there

thanks doc

that is art.

Thanks doc

What is that yellow shit doc?.

That's actually moving the goalposts right there, modern art does serve a purpose even if it's only money laundering.

>anatomy
>perspective
representationalfags actually believe this

Are you implying that all art is politically correct or inherently succeeds against anyone's political nitpicking?

>meta-discussions are art
You are literally what's wrong with humanity.
A talking fucking cancer on human society.

>Posting whyfoo faggotry weeb art
>Not about jerking off to anime samefaces
>Permavirgin weebs just happen to be in this thread defending it

Yeah, sure thing.

The fine arts should be the only things we call art. Maybe we can make a new category of low arts for .

Tracing the outline wouldn't give you much since 90% of the drawing here is the rendering (and attempting to "trace the rendering" is dumb and arguably harder than just doing it normally).

They probably didn't though, but they almost definitely did use a photo reference, which is normal.

Literally everything works like that.

The purpose isn't tied to the skill involved in making the piece.

Source on the left picture? Or at least the artist's name?

early human art was vital to human development. aesthetic, symbolic developments were tied to language and the sophistication of culture. the interpretation of symbols was the basis for language. a thing is real in that it serves a utilitarian, reliable role that gets results. art as a methodology has produced consistent results, albeit difficult to interpret ones, but results nonetheless.

you can deny the modern, but picasso's guernica affected the history of mankind. you would know about such things if you didntr operate from an already ignorant, biased perspective.

prove that modern and postmodern art takes no effort. do not make claims without evidence.

i doubt you have any knowledge of the methods and techniques of any modernists, let alone postmodernists (since there is no monolithic school representing postmodernism).

Explain how the image on the right has survived over 50 years of interest and discussion, to this day?

Reminder what "modern art" is.

Twenty fucking million dollars for winning an ASSFAGGOTS? Well shit, can’t say I blame people who do esports, if anything i’m just jealous now

There is no appeal unless you have post modernist beliefs and want to destroy the lines between beauty, ugliness, skill, incompetence, traditions, aimlessness.
All post modern art is good for is to break a solid colored wall, as decoration, that's it's real value a part of painting a wall.
Minimalist art is no better than a mild, thoughtless, decoration.

That literally does not matter.

>art
LMAO who cares

Art is a reflection of the world. In this piece, it reflects upon the reflection, as if two mirrors were held together. And like the mirrors, no one could see the end, and if they tried to, it would be obscured by their own reflection.

see this posted by memey shitters alot

both pieces of art are shit

Daily reminder that 'Fine Art' is a myth perpetuated by museum owners and their socialite critic friends.

why is Cred Forums so fucking stupid?
the fact that you guys are getting so pissed off at that red and black painting is what makes it a good painting. the fact that it's causing this amount of controversy is what makes it an amazing piece of art. if it's not art, then stop getting mad at it.

That's not how it works.
Auctions are basically money laundering. Unless you have kike friends with dirty money, no one will by your shit.

Why do no talent fuckwits always fall on the "a kid could do it" meme to excuse their lack of artistic literacy? If it's so easy why don't you guys shit on a canvas for some easy money?

Ebert also ended up retracting that statement with his article 'kids can play on my lawn'.

So, get fucked.

People love to talk about stupid shit.
Just look at Cred Forums and Cred Forums

>Early human art
Wow, just thinking about it, but humanity has regressed so much our "art" is now worse than cave paintings by literal subhumans.

the irony of an uncontroversial piece of art among artists making non artists angry

fucking brainlets

I'm not famous, so my shit on a canvas won't get any attention.

Maybe I'll have to draw up a little chart for you since you're such an artistic genius
Defend this

Tell me how this is not art

i wanna fuck a anime girl

Selling for a lot of money and regular gossiping people being astounded and amused that ultra-rich people could publicly show themselves to be such utter plebs.
Then they go on to defend their mistake and makes everyone laugh even more.

That draping would make any painter from antiquity proud holy shit.

Why not fap to the original photo instead then?
The girl doesn't even look like D.Va anyways.

Money laundering, mostly.
>
Only one that ever "clicked" for me in person was Jackson Pollock's paint splatters. Made me actually stop and go "whoa, now I GET it".
Most abstract shit is just that, shit.

Art following the abstract expressionist movement of the 1920s is divorced from any objective standards and devoid of any beauty.

Art like this, it's not meant to inspire, it is meant to belittle and make others pessimistic. It betrays our society as one that doesn't uphold objects of beauty that once characterized us, but rather bleak nihilism.

Whenever the topic of modern art is brought up there are people who make excuses for this decline on the grounds that we just "don't get it". As if the works of Rothko or basquiat are just too deep and they reflect some higher philosophical concept we cannot fathom. Nobody actually values the modern artistic incarnation more than the works of the past, nobody actually thinks this filth alludes to some deep obscure meaning.

The popularization of aesthetic ugliness is only possible because the values that once guided the artistic vision of our people have been discarded since the 1920s. Art is the means by which a people assert themselves in time and how we will be remembered. When our descendants look back on us, they will see a people paralyzed by fear, guilt and self loathing, and a people which values ugliness, frivolity and weakness.

300 years after the masters of the baroque period, almost 100 years after the futurist and surrealist movements and the "highest" form of art we have is installation art, which in many cases consists of literal garbage.

Ask yourself, could there be any greater insult to our most renowned artists to display works in the same gallery as something so vacuous?

what are your thoughts on ugandan knuckles

What do the spaces between the colours mean? Is it a way of showing the minority being sandwiched between the masses?

If you spend a lot of time doing something doesn't make it good.

Give me the full version of that girl and I will.

No dumbshit, you have to see it in person or it doesn't count.

Punctuation isnt an art but you still need to learn it

it's a cultural phenomenon
not art

>CIA has successfully brainwashed entire generations to think that toilets are art
>These same brainwashed people are in this thread trying to defend that garbage
RIP society.

Fuck if I know. I was just answering the question in the OP image. You could tell me all of the history in the world about that painting and I still wouldn't respect it.

I can easily defend it by pointing out that art isn't in any way inherently about the wealth or career of the artist. The only reason there is to have a beef with the fact that someone received money for doing something simple is if you're jealous. It literally has no bearing on the simple fact that color and texture can create an effect on a canvas alone.

Because the original photo isn't D.va to any extent and while a reference was almost definitely used that doesn't mean it was copied one to one, there's a lot of stylisation.
Also I don't care about fapping to the pic either, I'm just saying it absolutely did take effort and a shitton of skill in case your "it's traced" comment implied otherwise.

I don't care about muh deep and meaningful artsy fartsy gaymes, I just want fun gameplay

Not so fast user, for behold! My latest piece that is also about reflection, not the act itself but the dissapointment it can bring when you fall down the rabbit hole that it is. The dissapointment is master-craftfully represented by the anger you feel when you realize this is a phonepost.

>ITT Video Game kino

More like Japs brainwashed people who dropped nuke on them that chinese porn cartoons are something more than chinese porn cartoons.

>controversy is art
Then I guess Cred Forums is the greatest piece of art ever made you fucking nitwit hack.

Andy Warhol was a bullshit artist extraordinaire which he repeatedly made clear whenever asked and when he died his entire London flat was found to be filled to the brim with classical historical sculptures and fine art paintings.

>CIA
?

>art isn't in any way inherently about the wealth or career of the artist.
It clearly fucking is. Do you think John Smith the bumblefuck midwesterner could sell a paint splatter artwork at an art show?

forgot image

There's probably somebody foolish enough to buy it

no

it was a part of modernism especially picasso and the abstract expressionists to try and recapture the art of childishness because it was pure and untainted by pretensions

art in the 1900s was about as bad as cave paintings if you think cave paintings are "bad art" imo it isnt bad art but whatever

postmodernist? i doubt anyone in this thread can even name one

prove this conceptual framework

prove first of all that such a thing as in your picture has been done

then prove the insane value of the art (nothing that easy has been sold for that much while thew artist is alive)

then prove that an artist is popular for "nebulous reasons"

i can name artists who fulfill some of the criteria, but none who fit all of them. damien hirst for example sells art that is trash for large sums of money, but his fame is not "nebulous" or has some bizarre explanation for, and yes he qualifies since his dot paintings (albeit not sold for such absurd sums) were stolen/plagiarized from fellows he went to school with.

oh but you dont have any examples because its a strawman.... whoops im making your argument for you, but better and less retarded...

in that case of your pic it's not so much the value of the painting but the name of the artist behind it
If any celebrity did any form of art people will throw money at it
It's the same if someone got something singed by a famous actor there will be some crazy fan who will pay allot of money for that

thoughts on Henry Darger Cred Forums?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Darger

A hospital janitor who died in relative obscurity. After his death, it was discovered that he had a whole world of art in his apartment that he never shared with anyone.

You ruined generations! Was it all part of your plan!?

>people think it's about anything but money laundering
I remember when that one kike gallery artist was found to be presenting shitty webcomics as his art and selling them for huge amounts of dosh.

so you're a whore too
lmaoing at your life

>chinese porn cartoons are something more than chinese porn cartoons.
But they obviously are chinese porn cartoons, and that's what makes them so great, dummy.

>mgs 2
>kino

Why don't you get into /lit/, start watching kinos, or read up on art history or something if you're so desperate to have a hobby that's considered art? Video games as they are now is a very shallow medium and no ones going to take the average waifu simulator seriously no matter how hard you beg them to.

"not getting it" is more about attitude than comprehension

it's not that the people who do get it are privy to some understanding or anything, it's that the people who don't are angry losers whose first response to something new to them is to lash out

>Most abstract shit is just that, shit.
Ehh, it's about on par with every other section in a museum: 50% forgettable 40% neat and 10% great. I wouldn't at all be surprised if the money laundering talk is true but the idea that it's all garbage is probably coming from people who've never visited a proper gallery.

You don't have to like it, but its true that simple and minimal pieces like this were very new and worth looking at. It was novel enough for people who care to remember it, that's all. It's nothing to worry about.

Yeah, that's my point
People care more about who did something than what they did
Fucking weirdos and nutjobs

>art in the 1900s was about as bad as cave paintings
Simple portrait from 1920. Yet this is a million years ahead of the shit we're calling art now.

Cred Forums is a cultural phenomenon
this is why you guys are idiots, you can't even differentiate art from non-art

just because something sells well doesnt mean it's good you web toed mongoloid. That's like saying pop is the best music because a lot of people listen to it, or that gta 5 is the best videogame ever

thomas kincaide sells shit on a canvas and americans love it

you buffoon

>picking at the throwaway details of a 2 second mspaint image and not addressing the actual point
imagine being this pedantic

>It has no value and everyone just pretend it does.
This is contradictory. All value is pretend. Nothing has inherent nor objective value. The only value anything has is the value we assign to it, and that varies wildy from person to person.

Clearly this is pedo so it disqualifies as art. What I like is art and what I don't like is shit on a fucking canvas.

>sell

there you go again with the wealth and career nonsense

BECAUSE IT'S A MONEY LAUNDERING SCHEME YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID

Can someone post the image on the left

>he doesn't realize that ART.png is the highest form of art by his own definition
>unsophisticated philistines will never learn

we arent mad about the "art", idiot, we're mad about your shitty definition of art

Sorry for your shit taste brah. MGS is universal for vidya kino
youtube.com/watch?v=kPWlniw95IE&t=98s

>lit
Hasn't produced anything approaching art this century.
>kinos
Likewise.
>art history
The study of anti-art and it's pathetic groupies.

Should've been a scenario writer for an anime, don't even need to modify anything with the whole 7 cute princesses leading a fantasy nation.

Did it sell?

no but seriously, what's the CIA thing that other post mentioned

I feel some breddy complex emotions right now

>art is monolithic and only has one kind of development in a given century
not a simple portrait but representational work which has plenty of examples

i am not denigrating either kind of painting because i find both to be interesting and valuable

as everyone should.

also can you name even one postmodernist active today or even going back to the 70s or 80s, please? i dont think you know anything about art so please make it more obvious by showing it off with your answer.

It's money laundering

Just because people think something is more important because of who made it doesnt give it intrinsic value. please kill yourself for your shitty beliefs

kek

>cultural phenomenon
Define culture.

Sure can. Found artists are famously hicks, and artists like Keith Haring became world famous for drawing stick figures in the New York subway all on his own. You just can't seperate the art from the artist can you?

You can argue whether expressionism and it's derivatives are art, but the left pic isn't. Are you one of those plebs who think Hitler was a great artist?

>this whole thread
what....is this.......my neutrons

>details dont matter
okay subjectivist commie

i guess you like making the world into one big blob of half truths and garbage reasoning

its not called nitpicking, its called refutation. grow a pair, you sensitive soy baby.

If you don't like the independent, there are probably plenty of other sources you can look to find similar commentary pieces/articles.

The only 3 acceptable styles of modern art that I know of are surrealism, art nouveau, and art deco. Nouveau and deco knew their places and weren't just reacting to the past and actually have some nice art that requires actual skill like pic related.
Games shouldn't try to be art. There is not a single good art or cinematic game. Half Life 2 which started this "cinematic" game bullshit was a gutted tech demo for Source and was the first case of online client DRM for a single player game even with the physical copy, and was bait to get people to use Steam and people fell for it.

magnificent.

user if you ever run for presidency of the world you have my vote

>i haven't read it so it doesn't exist

not a lot exists to you, does it

the fact that I'm getting this many angry replies means I'm right. controversy drives art

It represent the ocean of piss that is Cred Forums, above it you have the original natives(oldfags)then you have the greens(newfags) who invaded and made it their own home and then you have the white lines separating them which are the mods(they seem to look powerless against these huge forces).Notice how image is implying the purple is being squished and looks to be in a continous decrease, which could signify the oldfags leaving the site-the end result being a picture with no purple at all.After a while a new colour will appear and the cicle will start again.

SO basically what I'm getting from this thread is people want $100,000 and they're mad someone else got it for doing something that looks easy.

>representationalfags
Can you explain what the fuck this is supposed to mean?

>that pic
Further proof that Duchamp was merely a butthurt streetshitter attacking those with actual talent and drive.
The 4'33 of painting.

please define 'intrinsic value'

Then I guess Pepe is the masterpiece of our time, look at the place it took in politics, look how much ire he inspires, the controversy.
I guess if it wasn't pure mastery of art people wouldn't be getting angry at it, right?

Name some then.

>The large part of the book, The Story of the Vivian Girls, in What is Known as the Realms of the Unreal, of the Glandeco-Angelinian War Storm Caused by the Child Slave Rebellion, follows the adventures of the daughters of Robert Vivian, seven princesses of the Christian nation of Abbieannia who assist a daring rebellion against the child slavery imposed by John Manley and the Glandelinians. Children take up arms in their own defense and are often slain in battle or viciously tortured by the Glandelinian overlords. The elaborate mythology includes the setting of a large planet, around which Earth orbits as a moon (where most people are Christian and mostly Catholic), and a species called the "Blengigomeneans" (or Blengins for short), gigantic winged beings with curved horns who occasionally take human or part-human form, even disguising themselves as children. They are usually benevolent, but some Blengins are extremely suspicious of all humans, due to Glandelinian atrocities.
8/10, would watch or play an adaptation of it.

>can't even finish his own work
>whines
I unironically respect the guy who made the self suck statue more than the whiny shitter.

If people truly cared about reviving classical art, they would be studying it, embracing it, and practicing it themselves instead of whining about postmodernism on a chinese cartoon image board.

Keith Haring is my favourite artist.

His point is just because something is symbolic is not enough to make it art, art requires hard work and lots of talent otherwise everyone can be an artist.

Thanks doc

Controversy drives talentless hacks and little else.
It's mere clickbait.
In other words "marketing".

Is this art?

that's your job, as an individual viewer. i have my definition. if you define art's value, comparatively, as "how much it sells for", any intuition tells you that is inadequate. therefore other qualities must describe the difference between works of art, like beauty, form, etc. if you cant see this, you're either obviously baiting, pretentious, or a community college art student

>you're only allowed to care about something if you're willing to dedicate your entire life to it
Nah, fuck off.

>the fact that I'm getting this many angry replies means I'm right

The image on the left will preserve 50 years of boners.

Duchamp was literally trolling pleb museum-goers to see what they would do when they're being bullshitted on. He's completely on your side.

bubukka is art

Wrong. Anything used for a practical purpose (e.g. food) has value, and scarcity determines the value.

pepe is a cultural phenomenon
not a single piece of art

wow you guys are fucking dumb

what the actual fuck is up with depth and perspective in this painting

>wah i must live life on easy mode!!! give me a thai wife to go, please!

What do you mean art requires hard work and talent? You must think really highly of art.

Nah, they're mad that the Pewdiepie/Sarkeesian/Sargon of painting is portrayed as a great performer and not just a hack pandering to kids willing to give them money.

im sorry you dont like art at all and would rather be trapped in the nightmare of want for a dead past, a world that never existed and is pure fantasy of the weak and dead of spirit

people seem to think of the classical and neoclassical as authentic but thats like saying lord of the rings is a historical document.

yours is a drunkards obsession, the malevolent love of a nostalgic fool whose hobby is mainly wondering what great things you would have done, "if only i had been born a crusader"

Because they can't be used to launder money, whereas all forms of "true art" can.

Don't need to name you any, it's the forefront of art schools.

Hitler had nice lines and that's fucking it. He was the apex pleb when it came to everything else.

you're just going to greentext at anything I write so no

It's an authentic Hitler. He didn't make it as an artist.

classical art is fucking based, nu-art fags ruined art forever with their autism, too bad they did it over 100 years ago and its too irreversable

I know that was his sell afterwards, but he also went on at the time about how art is meaningless and should be devalued so I don't buy it. He gives off a distinct smell of "I was only pretending to be retarded" when you watch his interviews.

You can't complete a game without art. Someone had to model Ahri's tits in League just like someone else modeled the combine from HL.

Someone had to write the music, recite it, record it, and put it in the game along with the code for it to play. Almost everyone has concept artists to help with the artistic direction for the in-game art.

Vidya is by definition technical art. The question "Is it art?" is a fucking stupid one because anything can technically be considered art. A real question, a valid question if you will, would be "Is it good art?".

The Last Supper is good art, Destiny 2 skyboxes are good art, precision engineered anime tiddies by your favorite artist is good art. Menstruating on a canvas and putting it on a wall isn't good art and the fact that modern faggots still flock to such garbage to appreciate it keeps said women in business.

Well, there's a reason Hitler was rejected twice by the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna.

that's not intrinsic

>Cred Forums will unironically defend this

You gotta look at this from the perspective of someone who has spent 40 years producing fine art. They've seen the technically good stuff Hitler made a million times. They want something novel. You are not someone who has spent 40 years submerged in fine art and you still think technically good stuff is novel enough. Seeking novelty isn't their only motivation, but it's a strong one.

The Fountain is the only good piece of modern art, because it makes fun of people for thinking its art.

the building looks great, everything else is fucked

Think of it as social equivalent of handicap in sexual selection
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handicap_principle
Art used to be a symbol of status, like: this guy can afford to have a masterful sculpture of himself, woah, that's amazing! But if you get to the level of rich we see in modern society, and the fact we attach additional value to art purely because of historical reasons, it gets harder. You're not gonna build a pyramid for yourself because it's a cheap knockoff, and it's not millenia old so immediately less impressive than the actual thing. Well, anything you make will be a cheap knockoff anyway since postmodernism and all that jazz.

So where do you go from there? You go towards showing that you have the resources to squander. You spend your money on canned artist's shit, the way a peacock spends his effort on carrying a useless fucking tail around. Because the reason you spent money on art in the first place, was to show you can.

thanks

How exactly does calling Video Games "Art" or "Not art" changes anything?

it's not that you have to dedicate your life to it, just that you need to show some interest and support the people who are instead of just arguing on the internet

>R. Mutt

No one's saying Hitler was a great artist though.
Those are the amateur works he sent in hopes of going to art school to learn more whereas the other hackworks are from people who actually went and learned fucking shit.

Anything is art by definition.
Wether you consider it to be worth anything is subjective.

You're taking it too seriously. All of these artists are casually treated as people who did something kind of clever once or a few times. You don't really see much reverence, it's just that some of them got paid, some people looked at their work, and some people bothered to write their name down in a few books.

>people surprised shit art is worth a lot of money

It's literally money laundering you idiots.

And the attempt at trying redefine art through a series of pieces from many artists spanning multiple generations, countries, mediums is not a phenomenon?
The only idiot here is you as you try to play semantics as your point falls apart and has no merit or truth, as expected of someone that defends exactly what you just pulled.

The canned shit is pretty good as well, I particularly enjoy it because retards post it as an example of how awful modern art is even though its a commentary on the commercialization of art.

You're assuming no one does that. It's a baseless assumption and rather retarded as well.

Good art is still a status symbol, it's just that bad art isn't. It's always been that way, literally nothing has changed.

it changes how good the person saying it feels about themself

Left

This is art. When will we have he vidya equivalent?

the "1917" is what gets me

Quick

post your favorite modern artist

>What do you mean art requires hard work and talent?
>WTF I have to actually work now why didn't you guys tell me about this before.
The state of art students in CURRENT YEAR!

Honestly, western art has become far too degenerate to be enjoyed by men of culture.
Thankfully Japan still gets it.

are you implying that showing bad student art implies that bad student art is selling for millions lmao

because it isnt and theres no connection

the reason they cant find people to do traditional animation is because its a dead art form. wow, its like you wont apply occams razor to this argument because you have an agenda to poison the well and ignore obvious explanations. the experiential evidence of one person's account is also fairly useless, as if art does not change or deviate from the intentions of many expectations put forth by artists as they grow older. its almost as if older people always place expectations of sameness on the experience of people younger than them and then complain about the differences. wow, so shocking and not at all boring and expected of human nature.

its also a bit stupid to go into art to yknow, make money. if you dont know its a crapshoot and youre working for yourself 24/7 having to self manage and make money by your own efforts then youre a moron who deserves to get paid nothing working menial labor lmao.

Poe's law physically manifested. It's shat on because despite it being sarcastic commentary on modern art trends, it now defines those modern art trends.

>technically good stuff Hitler made

Oh yes my neurons are firing it's like endless ejaculation mmm I love art time to spend millions on it

Pornography is art. My cum on the stomach is art and me licking it off my finger is art.

>im sorry you dont like art at all
I like art plenty. The shit you like isn't art but mere 1920s kitsch repeated ad-infinitum.
>want for a dead past
Literally repeating old leftist party slogans about how anyone who doesn't enjoy eating lysenkoist shit is just dreaming of a golden age that never was.
Couldn't be more behind the times if you were still masturbating to brutalism and Hegel.
>people seem to think of the classical and neoclassical as authentic
Mainly because they are one of the few artforms where everyone can tell they had actual skill.
>yours is a drunkards obsession, the malevolent love of a nostalgic fool whose hobby is mainly wondering what great things you would have done, "if only i had been born a crusader"
And now you're spitting out shitty teenage poetry without proper meter. Great.

But only if you're cute

>tfw Hitler destroyed everything that Mussolini build up
not even art could escape hitlers autism

My fat and hairy belly with moles is art.

I love his stuff too for some strange reason

This, there’s a lot of shit abstract art but some of his are pretty incredible to see in person actually. I wouldn’t have thought I’d give a shit at all from the pictures

>tfw Cred Forums is too retarded to appreciate art
color me surprised

Intrinsic value is a myth, there's only comparative value.

>Bad student art is selling for millions
Who gives a fuck what it's selling for? Bad student art reflects upon culture because that bad student art becomes the art used in animation, in paintings, in illustrations, you name it. Look at Popeye, turn of the century animation, rife with character in their smooth animations. Then compare something that is almost over 100 years old to the uninspired trash we have today, devoid of said personality, no smooth animations. Somehow shit today is worse than Hanna Barbera.

I can say the same thing about Nier Automata yet that's still not considered art for some reason.....

The SS might have had the sharpest uniforms, but Fascist Italy had the best overall aesthetics

Look closely, it has two pitchforks in the picture. Don't believe me? Look closelier.

False, Art is only something some one created to be art, meaning something NOT created for a different purpose.

>Implying dada faggots didn't ruin everything intentionally.
Fuck postmodernists.

they are products for mass production and sale

99% of "population" is too "retarded" to "appreciate" "art"
The rest is ironic neo-hipsters

thats because they realized there's no point in wanking over muh old glory days

The art academy that rejected Hitler never produced anything of value since unsurprisingly enough, innovation feces-sniffing is the death of art if anything ever was.
The fine art scenes that still rejected the surrealist jews put out a fair few timeless works around the time until they too succumbed generations later.

literally nobody believes they cant be

woah............

>You don't really see much reverence
Well you do in that these people lambast actual great works of art and drag up these e-celebs of their time as some kind of counterpoint.

>t.wasted life

The sistine chapel ceiling will be forever remembered. Adventure Time will be forgotten, occasionally a glancing memory of
>Oh hey, remember that awfully drawn cartoon that was popular for a bit?

What did he mean by this?

Games can't be art because there's no artificial scarcity. If there was a game with only one copy in the world that couldn't be replicated, that might be art, but they can be. Art is whatever sells to rich people for unbelievable amounts of money.

are memes art?

>anime shit that could be done by any chink on this planet
or
>actual art

>it's a commentary
>therefore it's good
Meta-debates is literally the least intelligent form of communication ever devised.
Ko-ko the gorilla and spirit mediums come off as high performance art in comparison.

>Oh hey, remember that chapel that was popular for a bit?

nuWojak is like a really bad remaster of a video game. Take something that works and has charm, and apply MUH HD GRAPHICS WOW SUCH FIDELITY and rip the soul right out of it

adventure time has had such a profound effect on the american animation that came after it that people (who care) will remember it for ages

So art is just buzzfeed and kotaku articles.

I'm pretty sure that everyone here on Cred Forums can agree that Zdzisław Bekśinski is the best modern artist.

Modern art's "value" is only used for money laundering

Modern art is a great subject for trolling because "2deep4u" literally has no counter. The more you try to defend against it the more ignorant you make yourself look!

vidyagaems are art

1stdibs.com/furniture/decorative-objects/sculptures/busts/marble-bust-diana-huntress-rene-rozet/id-f_4776953/
Bout to drop over $22k on this.

yes, memes are a form of art
im going do to a paper on the production of memes at my University, screencap this, i will be back

dumb frogposter

There is a difference between a modern artist and a modern style artist.

Well golly fucking gee, even I can be a master artist if I just shitpost on Cred Forums?

lolige is the only true art in video games

no, they're a cultural phenomenon

>im going do to a paper on the production of memes at my University
pretty sure it won't be the first or the last

Saved.

I'm a goddamn Software Engineer, and while the only thing most Art Schools grads seem qualified to do for me is fuck up my Starbucks order, I at least have to respect the sheer amount of technical proficiency that goes into things like animation.

There is more thought and work put into a single screenshot of Cuphead than all of those... pieces... combined.

hotglue it and post webm

isn't art a cultural phenomenon?

>Take something that works and has charm,
>wojacks

Looool brainlets, art is used as a form of money laundering.

If you're 25 you absolutely must play this game m'kay

>The shit you like
you don't have any idea what i like. please present a line of text where i have expressed my like of an artist even once. oh, but i havent--- you are strawmanning.
>Couldn't be more behind the times if you were still masturbating to brutalism and Hegel.
again strawmanning as if this has anything to do with hegel or lysenko (who were brought up by you)
>one of the few artforms where everyone can tell they had actual skill.
if you think skill is enough or a measureable thing, i think you have misjudged art. there are plenty of classical paintings whose visual trickery unless seen in person would lead yuou to believe their skill is in trompe l'oeil accuracy, but indeed if given time and effort, a layman could create a similar work...
we simply disagree on the value of classical artwork, which is that it embodies a strength and character of faith that modern and postmodern art can only embody when joined. in classicism, art was considered an idealistic peak where truth is learned but that such a truth was still self evident. that the wise could have it immediately, and the striver or acolyte could aim for taking it for themselves. to modern people you cant have both: either truth is obscure or obvious, and it then implies very little effort or very much effort. classical and neoclassical art are totalitarian regardless of their message, whereas after the expressionists, all art became anarchy of thought.
>And now you're spitting out shitty teenage poetry without proper meter. Great.
an overly fond view of classical art is like being fond of inquisition and the bible only being in latin. classical art returning in a new neoclassicism would be a sign of bad times returning where once again the hearts and minds of people are drowned in a robust systemic total control of their lives. its a puritanical insistence on a past that wasnt as pure as people love to claim. its a better society when anyone can make art, pic related

There's an intrinsic aesthetic value in rejecting comparative unaesthetic value statements.
You wouldn't know of it, being an uncultured relativistpleb who've never come in contact with the sublime.

is that a fucking minion

I'm saying that 'art' isn't a word for the most talented top-tier cream of the crop, it's just a word for the curious and expressive stuff people make. I'm saying bad art is still art.

Theres a reason pepe and wojak spread like wildfire, and that desperate soyboys attempt at "reinventing" them died in the crib

>There is more thought and work put into a single screenshot of Cuphead than all of those... pieces... combined.
But the amount of "thought and work" put into a piece doesn't equal quality

dumb dumbposter

WOAH

>Have you ever seen the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel?
Don't you fucking compare the Sistine Chapel with the shit over here ever again

So, does this go anywhere?

>year 3000
>archaeologists find some weeb's laptop
>Art of XXI century was relying on symbolism. Heart-shaped pupils were representing unfulfilled erotic life of certain western culture-oriented groups, while so-called 'memes' were used as a safe way to express one's emotions without being considered a 'normie' - lowest social status available for people of Internet

as someone that has a degree in visual arts, I have to admit I wasn't sold on rothko, pollock, etc at first. some things to keep in mind though:

1) as has been pointed out, they look far far different in galleries than they do online

2) you have to keep in mind the context in which they made their art. they were rebelling against what the very definition of art was, at the time

3) it is actually shocking how difficult it is to recreate them. despite the simplicity of the images, the meme that "anyone could do it" is totally wrong

all things considered, I like rothko especially having seen his pieces in person a couple times now, but I mostly feel like he's an interesting part of art history that's good to know about, not the end-all be-all best painter evar that a lot of art nerds tend to think he is

Way to completely and utterly ignore the point of my post.

It actually looks pretty good, nice work

actually Rothko Chapel is meant to be an entire installation, along with music playing. It's a sensory experience. I suppose it might evoke an ethereal feeling walking around the center drifting in and out of colors and sounds as different parts of the music play.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8al_H6IRaQ

>Da Vinci
user... The Sistine Chapel was from Michelangelo...

you're looking at the year 3000 the same way people in the 70's were looking at the 2010's

Unironically this.

>The most ancient arts, music and dance, aren't actually art
The "art isn't interactive" statement is the most moronic in academia, no surprise I see it used in this shithole.

Yeah I've been to the year 3000. Not much has changed but they live underwater.

My bad. Point still stands, though.

Academics our age are going to be spending the rest of their lives arguing over how memes should be regarded.

There is such a thing as bad art.

I think we can all agree that art was born and died with Renaissance and that every artist after that was a hack

Video games are also meant to be an entire installation, along with video game girls sex androids that evoke a feeling in your dick. Video games = art

Not quoted but
>an overly fond view of classical art is like being fond of inquisition and the bible only being in latin
So a genuine effort to save souls and the least obscurantist version of the Holy Book printed to date.
Figures the kind of people praising failed innovations in hate of the old would be protties.
>puritanical
Funny considering you're zealously defending a failed revolution from impurity from without.
>its a better society when anyone can make art
Anyone clearly can't make art as your pic evidently shows.

Neither music nor dance are interactive for the observer. They are not interactive, user.

christfags are so embarassing

>context somehow makes it good
>difficulty of construction due to size constraints makes it good
>interesting piece of art history
I notice there's nothing about the actual art quality mentioned here.

This.

What i'm hearing here is that you had to be encultured (read indoctrinated) to like it.

It is sort of like the monolith in 2001.

art is whatever you want to be art. there is nothing that defines art. its just 1 term made up by people. you then have idiots that yell THIS IS ART and other idiots that yell THIS ISN'T ART when they all fail to realise that all they want is to be acknowledged by others

Not half as embarassing as modern artfags.
Christfags have at least produced something of artistic value in their group's historical existence.

yes it did

It's a bit of a relic for sure, but remember that people unironically loved pic related in the 90s. We're used to crap like this now but it really was new at a time

thanks doc

>least obscurantist
yes because the average person being unable to read something and having to have priests dictate what is in the bible is so much better than open democratic reading and theology being open to any who are willing to study
> praising failed innovations in hate of the old would be protties.
because modern and postmdernist ideas are dead because they failed? oh wait, they're still around, everywhere, even in insidious ways (protip: your modernized, political nostalgia for classical art is a form of postmodernist thought).
>Anyone clearly can't make art as your pic evidently shows.
yes, im sure you will be able to top this christian janitor who died in obscurity and whose artwork now resides in the smithsonian and all he used was junk and gold foil wrappers

im sure with all the days of your life you could never produce anything as good as this man's artwork, yet he was nobody, anybody. anyone can make great artwork, but few manage to actually do it.

'art quality' is just some nonsense you've made up so can avoid having your opinion challenged

That anime was definitely art though.

>actual art quality
There's absolutely no way to define a term like that

>but it really was new at a time
It was new but it was never good.

This is why innovation-seekers don't actually enjoy art at all. They're just looking for the new trendy thing to show their social circles.
It's very reminiscent of twitter virtue signalling.

> le Nazi colours
>>>>>>>> Cred Forums

Sure. It is what it is.

Food only has value if the life it's sustaining has value, and that's arguable. Unless you mean life in general, and whether that has any inherently value is also arguable.

interactivity is an art form

look at vr

Wanting to see something new is what defines someone who's actually into an art form, or a medium

a game that tries to be an interactive movie is going to just be a shitty movie. Focus on the things that are unique to games.

art

I'm looking at VR, and alm I see are a bunch of fucked up looking Knuckles', Morty, and other autistic shit.

Not only is this art, but it delivers the stunning point that Baneposting is art, shattering the illusion that we are all that different from the people who are derided for the simplistic pop art of their time.

Art is anything you want it to be.

>yes because the average person being unable to read something and having to have priests dictate what is in the bible is so much better than open democratic reading and theology being open to any who are willing to study
Absolutely.
You can just look at Prottie theology to see that it's absolute shit (selective Biblical Literalism, Divorce, women priests to name a few) and the latin Bible versions are infinitely more beatiful than any version that's been put out in english, particularly modern protestant "localizations".
Democracy is incidentally not great in and of itself.
>because modern and postmdernist ideas are dead because they failed?
Yep, they are. Only old zombies who're still in love with the 40s give a flying toss about them anymore including "internalized" meta observer nonsense.
>now resides in the smithsonian
You mean the people who put out an exhibition called "the Art of Videogames"?
>and all he used was junk and gold foil wrappers
That would explain why it looks so crude compared to real goldsmithing.
>yet he was nobody
He was clearly a committed hobbyist. Not an artist by any stretch though.

How fucking dare you. I want art to be one thing, quit contradicting my wants by validating them.

I thought this was >shadman at first

Name one painter worth their salt that has never done a nude painting.

What's wrong with female priests

Well then how is post modern art not a cultural phenomenon?

More critical than a debate over the value of life is that "food" is an abstraction. You can't put a value on abstraction. You can't buy the idea of "food". You can, however, buy various types of food food, and which foods are valuable varies person by person. An obvious example would be that a vegetarian places no value in meat. They won't exchange their money for it because its value they put in meat is less than the value they put in the money it costs to purchase.

Salsa there Pedro

Fucking art degree faggots I swear to god.
Composition. Colour Theory. Subject. Lighting. Verisimilitude.
Just kill yourself by getting AIDS from whatever faggot you're getting impaled by on your graduation project.

Cred Forums - Arts

I guess Nazis are really just big performance art admirers then.

i don't think people got this

Why don't you ask yourself why what you just said isn't quite right?

impact of hitler's art had changed the world forever, up to this day people are discussing about his performance, never reaching single answer, yet constantly discovering new ways to look at it

>You can just look at Prottie theology to see that it's absolute shit (selective Biblical Literalism, Divorce, women priests to name a few) and the latin Bible versions are infinitely more beatiful than any version that's been put out in english, particularly modern protestant "localizations".
yes because catholic dogma isn't totally unbiblical like the pope being the representative of god on earth or purgatory and indulgences (we know how those turned out) or literalism about the body of christ in communion (an asbtraction treated literally is something youve brought up so its your own objection).
the doctrinal arguments of different denominations is good for the development of christianity. besides, latin is not the pure langauge of the original text, we have better access to the original language, not some appeal to authority catholic claims of inerrancy of catholic translations.
>Only old zombies who're still in love with the 40s give a flying toss about them anymore including "internalized" meta observer nonsense.
maybe you should go outside sometime and see how often someone invokes a derrida-esque argument to deconstruct racism or wage inequality or whatever other garbage people care about today. sorry, but youre completely out of touch.
>Not an artist by any stretch though.
your objections are pointless. it is not a temporary display but permanent. you are ignorant of art in itself and its developments over the last century. you are not the arbitrator of what art and who artists are.

If art is anything, art is nothing.

How about these people who use the term 'art' to mean 'propaganda'? All these know-nothing bloggers who say 'video games can be art because they can teach you about my politics' and such

Are movies art? People make them mainly to make money and it takes large amounts of money and people to make them?

Are books art? people write them mostly to make money

are paintings art? people paint mainly to make money

>art

Rin Shibuya from Idolmaster

Such a shit theology you coudln't even get it out of one of the flanderized Bibles for one.
It's also terrible for the long-term community as can be seen by the few protties who allow it are now the ones giving up on the trinity and asking if buddhism/islam/leftist-secularism is really the right religion.
It's pathetic to be honest.

>impact of hitler's art had changed the world forever
considering the fact that if he had gotten into an art school with his art, WW2 could have been delayed if not replaced with just a central european economic collapse starting from germany
I would say it is the most important art but not because of the art itself, but rather the effect it created
atleast I can't think of any other failed-artist-starts-world-war situations

That's the entire point. The idea at the time was that "art quality" is a meaningless term

Uh, no, it's more like
>wasn't alive when he painted this so someone explained the context of the era to me
>went and actually saw the paintings myself and formed my own opinion

Like I said, I'm not exactly a huge fan of his but comparing him to someone that digitally made a picture of an anime girl by copying an existing style is pretty dumb... especially since whoever drew that anime girl learned how to draw based on previous techniques established by artists in the past (which, yes, includes rothko, whether you like it or not)

that's like saying "if the romans had such a strong military how come they didn't have jet planes you only believe they were a powerhouse military because you're indoctrinated"

t. Paul Joseph Watson

It used to be Romanticism but now it's Impressionism

It's ironic because the user who posted this is literally sucking himself off describing how much work he put into making a fucking wooden dragon of all things for an art exhibit

They probably thought he was an asshole and did it all on purpose

He's meaning to imply that the Holocaust was art, silly.

Do you believe in the unbroken hierarchical inheritance of Christ's Church authority through Peter to the modern day Catholic Church? Do you believe this special blessing affects the Church's actions and decision making in a way where they should be a superior authority in the world?

>good technical skill
>medium of its time (digital)
>female body is main focus
this is the most traditional form of art

Going by the art degree homos definition ITT the Holocaust was literally the greatest piece of performance art ever created.
It sparked such controversy that it's still a taboo subject to this day, it changed the life of millions and people are willing to give up their very livelihoods to show support for the struggling artist that ol' Adolf was.

left invokes a strong emotional reaction, right is just plain boring

>using "modern" and "contemporary" interchangeably
Wew lad. These Cred Forums intellectuals are too much.

Unironically /ourguy/.

wtf i love artists now

Your post is just proof you don't understand truly magical art. user is a genius.

Art can be anything, therefore video games are art. There's no room for argument here.

Right invokes a strong emotional reaction, left is just plain boring.

Money Laundering.

>triggered

As usual the worst thread on Cred Forums hits 500 posts.

But is it really because they're women that they're bad priests, or is the whole thing just a symptom that the intelligence and original vision for their attempt at the church is deteriorating? I think plenty of great women could do the job, but the bigger problem is these types of churches are totally slipping in general.

>Source
I must know as well!

bof gibe me peeepee fiuni feli

>symbol evoking years of history and emotion, universally recognized within a given population, that spawned thousands of imitators, boiled down to its purest essence
Right is the most artistic image of this century. Prove me wrong.

Writing is art.
Painting is art.
Music is art.
Sculpturing is art.

Video games have all of that.

>Video games are not art.

>the internet had a rich homosexual nature centering on crossdressing and hermaphroditism as evidenced by common art and recurring icons of the time

of course he does hes an intellectual fascist autist

catholicism hasnt even dealt with arminianism vs calvinism questions of methods of salvation and free will

catholicism is painfully lacking in the ability to debate these concepts because the schism occurred because of bad catholic doctrine and dubious, non biblical dogmas

churches in the liberal protestant denominations no longer care. paul also said people had to have head coverings and shit in church so whatever

being retarded.

Video games can be art, but most arn't.

>yes because catholic dogma isn't totally unbiblical
How would you know? You've clearly never read the Bible in it's original language.
>or literalism about the body of christ in communion (an asbtraction treated literally is something youve brought up so its your own objection).
Fucking moronic. There's passages where followers of Christ literally leave him, ever the unfaithful kikes that they were, over him holding true to the notion that they're drinking his literal blood and eating his literal body.
>the doctrinal arguments of different denominations is good for
Nothing.
>the development of christianity.
There's literally no "development" worth speaking of. It's just secular political humping.
>latin is not the pure langauge of the original text
It is of the Vulgate Bible written not long after the Bible was first collated by the Catholic/Orthodox church. We also have the Septuagint if you prefer Koine Greek, though the Vulgate is almost a 1:1.
>we have better access to the original language
You wouldn't know it from everything Protties has ever put out with how much you jackoffs mangle it to fit your theology of the week.
>derrida-esque argument to deconstruct racism or wage inequality
Oh you mean shit that no one actually cares about outside of media monkeys jacking off to how virtous they are.
>but youre completely out of touch.
Sure thing user, why don't you try and drag up Derrida to the average workingman on the street and see how far you get with your obscurantist retardation before you're told off.
>your objections are pointless.
As are your inane defenses of non-art.
>you are not the arbitrator of what art and who artists are.
Except if we follow your ridiculous ideology I am, being an observer.

I thought this was some weird painting about the nanking massacre.

>one of popular art tropes was "op is a faggot": act of praising a conversation topic creator for his extraordinary homosexual tendencies

Discussion of the events of World War II has incredible artistic merit, and it's a major focal point of nearly all art since then, but no, the NSDAP were not making an artistic expression because they were curious about something new, they were carrying out a sociopolitical ethos in an attempt to change the world according to an extremely specific vision for the sake of the world. They weren't doing it to be expressive. Or maybe you could say they painted with blood, I don't care. You're being obtuse about immaterial concepts.

It's like beer: it fuckin sucks but admitting it will make you an outcast.

>Do you believe in the unbroken hierarchical inheritance of Christ's Church authority through Peter to the modern day Catholic Church? Do you believe this special blessing affects the Church's actions and decision making in a way where they should be a superior authority in the world?
If I was actually a Christian I certainly would hold to that over Protestant theology. It's ridiculous even by it's own standards much less the historical ones.

I wonder what it's like to live this far from reality

I mean it's not bad. It's amateur though. Kinda like the thing you'd buy for £200 if you saw it for sale at a market and think it'd be a good fit for your wall.

Allowing for women priests is itself a proof of degeneration, as no intellectually honest Christian theology could do that, but it's also true that they're absolute shit shepherds of their flocks when it comes to straddling against modernity as a whole which is why Christianity made a point of banning them from the position in the first place.

>greek civilization
>faggotry was allowed, and wasn't frowned upon, some fags even had a few art pieces expressing their faggot ways
>present day
>YEAH WELL YOU SEE ALL GREEKS WERE HOMO EVERYWHERE

>year 4000
>dark ages during the 3000, plenty of stuff lost in global wars, most hard drives' rotational velocidensity couldn't handle the test of time
>people trying to make pieces of early internet culture through memes and weeb imagery
>YEAH WELL YOU SEE PEOPLE IN THE 2000 WERE ALL TRANSEXUAL AND FAGS EVERYWHERE

Draw a bulge on it.

I SEE NOW! As soon as a piece is sold it's no longer art. You can smear shit on your walls and call it art and that's just fine, but as soon as it becomes something more than a liberated expression of your creativity it's no longer art. "Art" that's bought and sold is no less than an extension of the creator's ego.

Oh, the way you were talking I thought you were a devout Catholic. Why are you defending them instead of suggesting your own understanding?

Art discussions on Cred Forums

>This is real art! It looks so realistic!
>Not knowing the difference between modern and contemporary art
>Renascence painting is the only true art
>"a kid could do it"
>pretentious
>greek sculptures

You already did my friend. Either him or Dali.
I just love how his works give you such a deep feeling of suffering and inner turmoil when you look at them.

Writing for a newspaper isn't art.
Painting your walls isn't art.
A kid struggling to learn Chopsticks is not art.
Carving granite into countertops is not art.

Nothing is categorically art.

Okay but you really couldn't image one stern, stoic, loyal woman preacher?

>"Art" that's bought and sold is no less than an extension of the creator's ego.
Sarcastic though you are, it's true that all art is an extension of the creator's ego, and there's literally nothing wrong with that. Ego isn't a bad thing at all, it is what it is.

>of course he does hes an intellectual fascist autist
To a pseudo-intellectual hedonist any value judgement is fascist. (nevermind that fascism is a state ideology and not an intellectual doctrine)
>catholicism hasnt even dealt with arminianism vs calvinism questions of methods of salvation and free will
Presumably because it's a false dichotomy to begin with.
>catholicism is painfully lacking in the ability to debate these concepts because the schism occurred because of bad catholic doctrine
"Bad catholic doctrine" like Kings don't get extra-special divorce rights and nuns shouldn't be polygamous and badly translated german bibles are not authorative. Lutherans, Calvinists and Zwinglianists are fucking ridiculous.
>churches in the liberal protestant denominations no longer care.
Just like they don't care about fundamental theology like all Protestants.

It is not the mission of art to wallow in filth for filth's sake, to paint the human being only in a state of putrefaction, to draw cretins as symbols of motherhood, or to present deformed idiots as representatives of manly strength. Art must be the handmaiden of sublimity and beauty and thus promote whatever is natural and healthy. If art does not do this, then any money spent on it is squandered.

>A kid struggling to learn Chopsticks is not art.
You're funny

>never read the Bible in it's original language.
which you seem to think is latin, but yes i do know koine greek and a bit of biblical hebrew
>over him holding true to the notion that they're drinking his literal blood and eating his literal body.
your own criticsm was of literalism and yet you cant understand when a metaphor is used? otherwise you're saying miraculous cosmic god cannibalism is a thing.
>It's just secular political humping.
what is arminianism
what is calvinism
who are baptists
the catholic church claims it is the only authority on scripture which is not only blasphemous but also claiming authority on par with god. it is disingenuous to point out flaws of which there are many with protestantism and to on another hand ignore catholic mistakes in doctrine and ad hoc additions to the bible. few protestant mistakes are heresies or worse, lies added to the text via papal authority. protestants are able to debate and come to conclusions on the text, whereas catholics are forbidden from even questioning church additions as they are papal authority and thus equal to god (which is in itself a heresy).
>the Vulgate is almost a 1:1.
no it fucking isn't you chode. plenty of problems with the vulgate, and only a hardcore conservative catholic believes it is the definitive translation of the bible and also an "inspired" translation.
>Oh you mean shit that no one actually cares about outside of media monkeys jacking off to how virtous they are.
yes because no one gives a shit about their own world, their economic class, their race, sex, and whatever threats they face in those positions. sure, sure.

the videgamy one

You sex negative fop