Is Steam Link worth it yet?

Is Steam Link worth it yet?

Is it true you can access your desktop on a TV remotely with it instead of just Steam Big Picture?

everything you heard is true!

When it is on sale, it goes for 5 dollars. If you get it for that much, yes. Otherwise no.

If you don't care about a noticeable image quality hit and you have access to ethernet behind your TV then yeah, it's worth it.

I got it for 10 bucks with some weebshit game, and it's been a godsend. It's a little finicky with certain controllers, and the big picture interface is shit, but m+kb works great and Remote Desktop is nice. Definitely would wait for a sale though. Also, ignore the steam controller, it's dogshit.

It's the best PC controller.

>Is it true you can access your desktop on a TV remotely with it instead of just Steam Big Picture?
Yep.

no
yes

If you don't care about pristine image quality and latency
and
Have wired ethernet connection from your desktop to your TV
Then you should get one.

What if I have a good dual-band router?

I don't have an ethernet port behind my TV which means I need a 50ft cord for that to work. Part of the appeal of Steam Link for me is relying on some form of wi-fi connectivity.

It's limited to 1080p. If your monitor and television are both still at 1080p I pity you

I got mine for a dollar but I never use it.

>Steam Controller
>Dogshit

laughingwhores.jpg

Just use an HDMI. Better results

Get out, Gaben.

My PC and TV are on different floors.

I already know HDMI is better, but I want to be able to distribute my main PC's feed to every other monitor/tv without any cords.

not them but fuck you, the steam controller is godlike.
makes the competition look like babbys toys.

Keep on shilling.

>no argument on why its bad

Its 20 bucks, more worth it when on sale. Have at least your pc or the steam link on ethernet. Not that good if your router gets lots of traffic.

>Literally never heard of video over Ethernet
Kill yourself

I have 240 down and 10 up. I use it wirelessly and it works fine. I live in a small apartment though so your experience might vary depending on physical distance.

How is it with headphones? I can’t really use my sound bar at night and unfortunately I work nights and sleep all day, so headphones are my only option if I want to hear shit and not wake up my roommates. Is there some sort of headphone feature or am I fucked if I get it?

Have you ever tried to kiss them when they are sleeping like as agoof or something nothing rapey or sexual like tha tlmao something like a forehead kiss like a parent to a sleepign child or something i don't know haha. Just a s a goof yo knonw.

I think there is. If you use wireless headphones you can probably put the usb connector into the steam link and be good. What I do with all my TVs is run an aux cord from the TV and then under the baseboard of my wall to the couch. Plug in headphones and you’ll hear anything outputting to the TV

I guess you'll have to plug your headphones to your TV?

I ordered one today. I got 100/100 mbps so I gues I'll be fine with WiFi? My router is in the room next to me

the steam controller can suck my fucking cock, it is SO GARBAGE

Get a powerline adapter, the wi-fi antenna on the steam link sucks.

>creepshots
>terrible taste in controllers
coincidence?

Gonna try both of these. At least the second idea is fool proof of it doesn’t work with the link. Thanks user.
It’s a current year tv, and for some reason newer TVs don’t come with headphone jacks anymore.
Haha no but I did lick ones asshole while she was sleep lol, not anything gross just a little sample haha it tasted like poo

I paid like 50 for it with a controller and case. I use it a fair bit. And yeah, you can just use you computer normally with it if you want.
The controller is weird, could prob get used to it if I wanted but my computer room is right above my tv room so I can use a wireless kb&m or a 360 controller for everything.

find the bulge fag

also, i never use controllers, i only use keyboard because it's 10000x more accurate

I have an Orbi, which is better.

>asking if advertised features are really included with purchase
I find this thread suspect
is there anything more annoying the controller autists. I've used
Logitech ps2 controllers
ps1-4 controllers
xbox-360-one controllers
wii motes
joy-cons
KB+M
Steam controller
all classic nintendo consoles
Sega genesis
And never once thought "this controller sucks"

Just because you have cerebral palsy or tiny manlet hands doesn't mean everyone does

oh, well good for you than.

I have tiny manlet hands and I don’t even mind the controller. It for sure took some getting used to tho, I had too much muscle memory built in from the PS4 controller. I could see people not wanting to put that much effort in

Yeah but only get it on sale and DO NOT USE IT IF YOU'RE ON WIFI

the controller is one of the most natural feeling things I've ever used. just like any controller you are instantly proficient with it.

The track-pad feels weird. I prefer a stick.

we're not all underage or poorfags.
>it's just muh muscle memory
lol.

good luck navigating a menu or desktop.

Yes a stick is obviously preferable for a game like rocket league. I guess you guys are all autists who probably only play one type of game though.

>good luck navigating a menu or desktop.
are you retarded

>can access your desktop on a TV remotely
this. this i want to know. if so i'd buy it

I use a m&kb for desktop or shooters/rts and shit, like I said.

You can.

I don’t understand how you interpreted me being poor for saying I bought an extra controller in my post.

How bad is the latency?
I will only use wired internet connection.
There's latency from my TV (roughly 35 ms) and wireless controller already.

How does Powerline Ethernet work?

I have the thing and was enthusiastic about it for a while but in the end I always default back my Xbox 360 or F310, there's just no reason to use it over a more conventional controller
And if you're playing a game that plays better with m/kb then you're way better off actually using m/kb than this thing

Everything about it is cumbersome, the right trackpad sucks as both a mouse and analog stick substitute, and the left trackpad is no dpad replacement
The bumpers require too much force and the shoulder buttons 'dual stage' triggers are a completely useless feature, might as well be an on-off switch for how little push they have to them
Also the face buttons are tiny and you need to reach your thumb halfway across the controller to get to them
I could go on. It's just not a good controller. Get an F310 instead.

what the fuck is your problem?

Is an Orbi worth it? What about other mesh networking?