What's the most politically correct video game you've ever played?

What's the most politically correct video game you've ever played?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UZC01p_PBMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

overwatch

Tetris.

Celeste looks like a pretty fun game and I plan on buying but I will be skipping the story when I get it. can someone give me the basic rundown on the story.

The game is metaphor for abortion.

No it's not

Basically just her getting through depression and learning to use her cold logical pragmatic side as a tool instead of letting it destroy her with negativity. It's premise is actually not overly bad but the dialogue is really awful.

Literally low hanging fruit at this point

>I didnt play the game
Girl wants to climb a mountain. Game deals with anxiety and deppression and the story is actually well written desu

>desu
Fuck off, weeb

>le 2deep4you it's dark and edgy like my soul
Please kys. Waste of oxygen.

The game is consistently light hearted

>fuck off weeb
>posting on an image board founded for discussing Japanese culture
What did he mean by this?

ease up, senpai

The dialogue got in the way of the game being good. Would have been better if the art, music, and gameplay told the story.

>depression is edgy

>le ironically
>2deep4you
>edgy
>kys
Jesus fucking christ redditor

So simple yet so effective.

>merely pretending to be retarded

Yes?

Celeste is probably one of the best precision platformers that exist. The creator is famous for making a game that eventually inspired super meat boy. Yet, for some reason, a huge meme started on this board where every time the game comes up there are a bunch of people that try to slander it into being a huge SJW thing. I just don't fucking understand.

Does typing 3 words with the purpose of getting free (You)s count as being retarded?

every fucking game ive played because if you even give a shit about that you allready lost

Elaborate.

Yea kinda. Depends on how you get them

Cred Forums is just Cred Forums 2.0

Wolfenstein 2 probably. Still enjoyed it though.

I'm just going to post this for all the people on the fence about it who keep seeing the bullshit everytime it comes up on Cred Forums

-The story has nothing to do with abortion
-The cutscenes might as well be filler and are completely skippable
-The game is solid on its own from the gameplay itself and the huge amount of depth to the movement and advanced movement mechanics
-The music is great
-Tons of secrets

Don't either. I just got it for Switch and haven't beaten it yet, but it's fucking gold. It clearly feels similar to Super Meat Boy, but the level design is superb and the presentation is pretty good. The ghostly owner of the hotel was a fun character.

Now that I think of it, is it just the art style? You run into that other dark skinned mountain climber early on that has a pretty tumblrish look about him.

>make a ripoff of super meat boy that's just dripping with Tumblr and SJW stereotypes
>WAH! WAAAAH!!! WHY DOESN'T EVERY LOVE MY SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE RIPOFF?!?!?!?!?!

Protip:
It's called bait. They don't actually care if the game is good or bad, their lives are so meaningless that they only derive joy from getting (You)s on imageboards. Ignore them and they go away.

is that a crop?

its not a real thing

>ripoff of super meat boy
It plays nothing like super meatboy other than it's the same general genre. The gameplay mechanics are much different and allow for its own unique design

>dripping with Tumblr and SJW stereotypes
It's not really though. I agree it could do without the story but it doesn't detract from the game at all. You can skip cutscenes, most of the time in the game takes place in post-game levels that have no story to them, and the story is hardly even SJW. I don't get it

The artstyle of the cutscenes and the story scream tumblr, and a lot of people hate the non-detailed pixel art style, but it gets the job done.
If you are buying it you are doing so for the gameplay anyway and just instaskip every possible dialogue

I don't get the political shit behind this game? It didn't feel political in any way.

The original celeste existed before super meat boy you dipshit.

>make a ripoff of
are you even trying

1.You're a retard
2.How would that even make something edgy?

Man, people just love to take the bait.

>can someone give me the basic rundown on the story.

it's the least subtle and most cliched allegory for anxiety that i've ever read

>Delicious (You)s

That's because it isn't, unless you consider one black guy in it, who doesn't even have a romance with anyone, being political.

>the story is actually well written desu

god damn, you have some real fucking low standards

How easily people fall for bait must be proportional to how much they like the game. I think it's just okay, so all this bait is painfully obvious. If people would just stop dick sucking in for a second they would see it as well.

>Communist propaganda
Try again.

I don't care. It's one of the first games in a long time to really draw me in and keep me playing purely from addictive gameplay so I get pissed off when people push others away for fake reasons. I've been on this board for like 12 years but I still get pissed off from low effort bait. Why am I still here.

It's simple, user. Ignore them and post about the game. This will piss them off more than it ever pisses you off.
>Inb4 "muh shill" argument dissuades all actual game discussion
Ignore them too, they're also just baiting. Make Cred Forums the place you want, not the place they want.

100%ing this game is unironically the biggest casual filter of the past decade

>taking up more than 1 line when making b8
Aquire skill.

I just finished the c-sides. I've done everything now except the golden strawberries. Not sure if I really feel like doing them.

I don't mind 2d pixel games, in fact I prefer them to 3D or 2.5D.
However the inconsistent art in pic related irks me to a point where I decided to skip this game.
Normally I'd ignore it but the fact that its getting 10/10's with such a glaring, immersive* breaking flaw really annoys me.

*it takes me out the feeling that I'm a kid again playing a classic 2D platformer. Instead its a cold reminder I'm playing a modern indie game with a sub par art style.

>Depression isn't real

Nigga, that's a bitch reason to skip out on a great game. You can literally just press start and skip cutscene when those come up.

This. It really doesn't overstay it's welcome, yet the plot makes sure you're 100% clear the girl has anxiety

Maybe I will pirate it.

The game is inarguably Tumblr incarnate, but that gameplay is fantastic

its like going around and boasting "im the demon king"
its just cringy

>Shoe horned tumblr art

That's just retards that get sad one time and go around parroting"HURDUR I'M DEPPRESED HURRRR". Real depression is a diagnosed chemical imbalance in the brain.

>HURRR I LISTEN TO MY OWN BRAIN HUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHRRRRHHHHHHHHHH
retarded cringe lords still think depression is real when you have a conciousness

some people fake cancer, therefore cancer isn't real

>retarded cringe lords still think depression is real when you have a conciousness
What the fuck are you talking about? how the fuck does this make any sense?

cancer is a physical thing
depression is people wanting attention and things for free

>using sites as buzzwords to poorly illustrate a point

>depression is edgy
>it also isn't real
You're the edgy one user

>Brain illnesses aren't physical things
And I guess your brain isn't physical either.

"Depression is people wanting attention and things for free"

You do realize that's stupid right?

naa they just use good make up skills and secretly hide away until everyone forgets them, then their family collects the free cash. cancer isn't real

but it clearly works
thats why people keep doing it

only took you 3 tries to post that
im not even gonna give you a real response lmao

Depression is literally the feeling of wanting to dissapear from the world, it's the opposite of wanting attention

Depression is more or less a lack of willpower. It's something you actually can man the fuck up and get over.

I still don't get the (You) meme... are they stored up or something? Is there a way to see your all time (You)s? Whats the point?

They literally shoehorned in tumblr style art into their 2d pixel platformer. They didn't even bother pixelating it.

>thats not REAL depression
there is no real depression because its an abtract concept with no basis
whos to say what is and isnt real

>desu
newfag detected

we dont know how tylenol works, so that means it doesn't work.

lmao ur gay

ad hominem

If it's such an abstract concept how come it has the same effect every time it's been researched? Why do you you think antidepressants are a thing?

because everyone keeps copying each other to get disability bucks

hurr

i win

Horizon. The saviours of humanity were like the burger king kids klub, minus a handicapped person.

I really wish Boogie didn't draw so much vore.

Go make a new thread to talk about your fake diseases, fags. Post webms.

Can't be fake if it can be replicated fuckboi

youtube.com/watch?v=UZC01p_PBMA

Actually looks pretty good. Maybe I can forgive the shoehorned tumblr art but it still annoys me, hope it doesn't become a trend.

>hope it doesn't become a trend.
it's already a trend

I meant the inconsistent art style in:

>shoehorned tumblr art

Fucking what does this even MEAN.

That's still been a thing forever.

Is there ever a given reason she can transform into a super saiyan god super saiyan to get an extra jump?

This is a port of a DS game. The art was initially different depending on the screen. Shantae at least has an excuse.

There's a particular art style that is very popular on tumblr and common on games with tumblr-y stories and characters

Pure autism, nothing more

Just so you know, if a lack of escapism, the art, or the fucking STORY stop you from playing a game with 10/10 gameplay, you are the cancer that killed vidya.

Overwatch

you know it when you see it

>she can transform into a super saiyan god super saiyan to get an extra jump?
You actually have it backwards. Blue hair means her 2nd jump has already been used. The dev just made it a design choice to easily signify that to players. As for why she can double jump, nah. Just for the sake of the game.

>As for why she can double jump, nah.
There's a couple places where it's implied the mountain's power gave her that ability.

Though I kind of prefer thinking she can always double jump and she's just so hard on herself that she doesn't realize that's special.

only excuse i ever found for a tumblr nose in a game was long dark and thats because its always -20c or colder in the game

..what?

You're just presuming the answer. Your entire idea of "Depression" is people wanting shit for free and to whine when clearly that's just some jaded "Hurr durr im edgy" bullshit.

Modern games with 8bit graphics are soycore. Hand drawn sprites in a game like Aegis Defenders are okay though.

Isn't communist propaganda what's considered politically correct nowadays?

yeah it's not like this game takes place on a fucking snowy mountain

How did this meme start

developer is a liberal

Cred Forums needed a narrative

Democracy 3.
I am the politics. I am the law. I am god

>All these pointless (you) baiting shitposting banter

I always wondered why im still here

lol. Says the retard with no friends posting on Cred Forums

Ant-Madeline was so cute, MAdeline was super cute as well!
The gameplay is hard!
HARD!

Tumblr art? It was anime as shit.

Do you know where the game takes place?

better game coming through

Shadowrun series is the pinnacle of sjw

see

cry more larping fags "my soul is darker than black" lmao cringy nerds

I'd play it if it was free or a few dollars. I'm not paying $20 for a game with shitty outdated graphics.

What are you, 12

Speed running autismo game with no level design or story

Not really. Probably has a better soundtrack though.

Same, the nonsensical trolling and bait was slightly humorous here like a decade ago. Maybe I just outgrew it. I just want to talk about good vidya.

But stories are bad and pure gameplay is good.

bet you couldnt even beat the forest lmao

A Mind Forever Voyaging.
It starts out fine in concept but by the end it's literally just a sperging american Liberal going on about how Ronald Reagan being elected is guaranteed to lead to nuclear war and how post-war mutants will be stoned to death by Christian fundamentalist kids over their looks.

I don't think even a fraction of the people who praise it even finished it despite the fact that it has no puzzles worth speaking of.
One day i'm going to get around to playing Planetfall and if that too falls flat i'm just going to write off Meretzky as a fucking hack. (Sorcery 101 certainly wasn't that special)