youtube.com/watch?v=t3NOYMzVC3s
youtube.com/watch?v=b56ZQErYky0
youtube.com/watch?v=18PEQHZ4o5M
youtube.com/watch?v=D3LoEGn8hJg
dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex:_Culture_and_History
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>edgy soyboys side with him

>hurf durf faggits get off my vidyaer

>brainlets don't make him a grey warden and put Alistair on the throne at the same time

>gets his ass handed to him by newbie from a dead order
>is killed by / forced to join said order
>gets transferred to contingent of dead order in the country that occupied his country for eighty years
Loghain has it rough

I understood that reference

Being a Grey Warden is an honor, not a punishment. He murdered his King, very nearly ended the ancient Theirin line that dates back to Calenhad, cavorted with Blood Mages, assassinated Teyrns, Arls and Banns that opposed him, hired Antivan Crows, sold Ferelden citizens into slavery to the Tevinter Imperium, kidnapped and tortured Chantry members, and destroyed half the standing army in the middle of a Blight.

>lol but he was a good general 50 years ago against the Orlesians!

He had a great voice.

>Being a Grey Warden is an honor
No it's a duty faggot there is no honor being a grey warden you are literally sentenced to death the moment you join

Loghain is a good companion and has plenty of dialog explaining himself. You need to side with him to get the full story.

>not enjoying the Loghain redemption arc
sorry to hear that

>has no understanding of honor and how sacrifice and duty interact with it
Roastie detected.

His entire motivation is that his daughter is barren and he was worried (wrongly, as the game proves) that Cailan would drop her for the Empress of Orlais. He killed so many because he was paranoid.

Nigger You would be so petty that just because you hate someone you do not see their value? What the fuck are you on about the grey wardens are about taking LITERALLY anyone kingslayers rapiest the worst blood mage and criminal possible, if they were good at killing darkspawn. Fucking honor has no place among them for they live and die killing darkspawn nothing else Logahin will either die in the blight vs the archdemon or alone in the deep roads. He even understands he fucks up so why don't you quit being a bitch nigga and let a man redeem himself nigger.

Loghain doesn't deserve to have the opportunity to redeem his name. Even if regicide was his only crime, he should've been put to death. But it's not. For all his fear of Cailan marrying the lesbian Empress (lol) he let Tevinter fucking Mage-Slavers take Ferelden citizens as slaves. He very nearly destroyed the entire goddamn country, and not just from weakening it in a Blight, but if all those Demons and Abominations he was responsible for in the Tower got loose? Or the army of undead in Redcliffe?

You're told constantly how great the man USED to be, but unequivocally, there has been no greater traitor and no greater threat to Ferelden in its entire history than common-born Loghain MacTir.

>your dog cannot fight him to the death but some faggot prince can

why does bioware constantly drop le ball?

>daughter is a barren womb

BEST DOG NAMES

Human Noble: Hohaku (Nan has been telling the Noble the story of Hohaku the Mabari since they were a child)

Commoner Dwarf: Salroka ("Friend", literally means "one at my side". Most commonly used by the casteless.)

Dalish Elf: Lethallin (Elven version of Salroka)

Mage / City Elf / Royal Dwarf: Barkspawn (Default Name until I think of a more appropriate one)

Pretty much whatever option you take for the crown ends up making it difficult to produce an heir.

Fem warden + Alistair = lowest chance
Anora + Alistair = most likely barren
Alistair + some random fertile noble = highest chance

My favorite dog name is ____dog___

>the virgin Salroka vs the chad Barkspawn

I'm guessing me calling him Rabbit doesn't cut it, huh?

That's why you have Morrigan perform the Dark Ritual with Alistair. Guaranteed continuation of the Theirin bloodline.

Sound.. the retreat.

Barkspawn is like the canon option, bioware even named him that in the darkspawn dlc.

>all this awesome lore
>tfw we’ll never get a good DA game again

Come on, after Anthem is a huge success we'll definitely get DA4 r-right?

Barkspawn is from Penny Arcade originally.

I just call him Duke for that comfy farmer lifestyle.

Origins was like the swan song of old type rpgs signaling the end of an era. Bioware and rpgs in general haven't been that good since.

>greatest tactician and general commander
>kill him because of some retard's hissyfit

while I will agree that he was misguided in trusting his advisers he only wanted what was best for his country. he knew they were going to lose, what do you want him to do? throw his army also to get killed? the king was a delusional man who just wanted to live his childhood stories, that's not what a king who understand his responsibilities does.

I should save this random idiot who has been a gray warden for a few months and with no combat experience that grew up with the stable boys at a fucking church take the crown and be the leader over this battle hardened, seasoned and experience general? You're a retard.

>all those years of pre-production their team of writers spent developing the world and lore of Dragon Age
>Dragon Age II comes out

>DA2 was a holding pattern
>DA3 was gayer than 9 guys doing 10 guys, and was more of a single player MMO than Amular

It's dead, Jim.

Loghain was a pretty good antagonist and an interesting character, but anyone who pretends that he wasn't a massive evil knob is just trying to be a faggot.

dragon age origins has a disgusting art style

>I should start killing the only people who can actually stop the invading monster

What an idiot

Still better than DA2 which went full anime art style, then DAI which tried to merge the two styles.

>because of some retard's hissyfit
Or him murdering the King. Or selling Ferelden out to Tevinter. Or betraying the Chantry. Or inciting a civil war in the Mage Tower. Or using Blood Magic. Or poisoning Arl Eamon. Or murdering the entire family down to the women and children of the only other Teyrn. Or torturing nobleman who disagree with him. Or hiring Antivan assassins. Or destroying half the standing army during a Blight.

But yeah, the only reason I could come up with was Alistair having a hissyfit, the rest of that's not all that big a deal, amirite?

DA2 is just misunderstood. It's honestly a great game, even with its major flaws.

>Call others soyboys
>Chooses muh feelings over logic and greater good.
If anyone is a soyboy it's you.

No

I thought commoner blood was all supposedly fertile and shit, how do we know Cailan wasn't just firing blanks.

Yes

>implying that muh feelings aren't the only reason to keep Loghain alive
You just like his voice actor. Objectively, the man deserved to be tortured to death and his remains profaned for his staggering list of crimes.

No. It's an awful game that hides a lot of interesting ideas.

I still have a soft spot for it though since I love shitty RPGs.

Don't be retarded

>Is an honor

No, the Grey Wardens take who they can get. It's a grim duty. The "it is an honor" was just to help draw recruits while hiding the secret of their order and what it actually involves

I used to hate DA2 the most, but after how DAI was I came to appreciate 2 more, even if it let a lot to be desired.
>didn't romance anyone in 2
>just went to the brothel all the time
>eventually by act 3 the mean matron woman is warm and friendly to you since you are such a valued repeating customer

>people on this board RIGHT NOW actually kicked out the biggest bro in the entire series just to get that traitor fuck on the squad, dooming Ali to a life as a sad drunk

"Grim Duty" doesn't remove the fact that it's seen in Thedas as a great honor. Same with the Legion of the Dead.

>awesome lore
desu the I'm kinda glad we wont because some of the lore its stupid and broken as fuck. For example Qunari are super human strong and are supposed to be so intelligent they have powder guns already as well as their religion being the best with whoever converts never turning back. I loved DA:O but they wrote themselves into a corner with the Qunari, theres no way they wouldn't rule the world in a few months.

>didn't romance anyone in 2
>Aveline friendzones you

>but a lot of booze in the tavern
>all the patrons will yell out Hawke when you arrive now

You know, it's a shame EA/Bioware fucked up so bad during it's development, the idea of having a game centered around a smaller area that would change based on your actions and how the story unfolds would have been really neat. Too many RPG's go for the impersonal "travel the world and kill the ancient evil" shtick.

If you harden him you can make him king while keeping Loghain alive.

>best girl out of your party
>she's your sister so cant romance her
Damn Bioware and their incestiphobia, get with the times its current year.

>you can hear her having sex
Fucking Bioware rubbing it in.

The qunari have been at a stalemate with tevinter for years. They're tough but their forces aren't big enough to conquer the world.

Well, it's kinda hard when the entire world hates your guts, even with a lot of technological advancements.

And while they have cannons, Tevinter have a ridiculous amount of mages that can make the cannons look like fire crackers.

>misguided in trusting his advisers

what part of that did you not comprehend?

>murdering the king
he did not, he left

>selling Ferelden out to Tevinter
i don't remember this so can't comment

>betraying the Chantry
who cares?!

>inciting a civil war in the Mage Tower
are you referring to the guy who poisoned the arl? if so, that guy escaped the MT on his own and only agree'd to poison eamon so he could get pardoned, it had nothing to do with the MT

>using Blood Magic
how is Loghain a blood magic mage?!

>poisoning Arl Eamon
i addressed this earlier

>murdering the entire family...( human noble )
he didn't do that, howe did it

>etc.

you are attributing him A LOT of things that he did not do personally, what the fuck do you think he was, an all knowing god?? howe and others like him did a lot of that shit, if you think a king is bothered with little thing like torturing some random noble you are mistaken.

like I said I agree he wasn't a good guy in the regular sense but he loved his country and did what a leader should do, make though choices.

I've bought the PS3 version of DA:I at full release price, I'm never giving Bioware my money again

Why do we like the Hawke family again?
I like playing as fem Hawke mage. I used to think Carver was jealous because he wasn't a big titty mage as well.

I just wish they would have given us some qt dwarf girl romances.

Dagna, Harding, Valta, Sigrun. So many top tier dwarf waifus.

Sure, but he was saying we will never get a GOOD one again.

didn't that creepy fat ugly soyboy literally say he doesn't want to do it because he thinks it would be a pedo thing to do?

I heard that too. Which is stupid because you can play a dwarf character in Origins and Inquisition and romance whomever you want.

Remember when Gaider said no to that because he felt that was pedo, yet Merrill had the personality of a dumb child and that was okay?
Or when he said no fem Qunari to romance as that's fufilling the amazon fetish, yet was perfectly content with Bull's bara fetish?
Seriously glad he's fucking gone.

No, It's a putrid fucking game. I absolutely hate it. It is unironically my most hated video game in existence. To follow up Origins, a game that had 4 years of straight development time, with one that didn't even have 12 months is laughable.
To go from a game that gave the player great freedom in choosing and defining your character to forcing a pre-defined one where your only freedom is deciding whether you want to be sarcastic, aggressive, or stoic is mindbogglingly stupid.
We were told before the game was released that Hawke would end up being some sort of legendary figure in the Dragon Age universe, but they end up accomplishing fuck all during the course of the cobbled together main quest of Dragon Age 2, that by the time the third game rolls around the entire thing is completely irrelevant. Thankfully BioWare gives the player the option of killing off this stupid fuck in Inquisition. Fuck that game. Fuck.

>he left
He disobeyed a direct order resulting in his King's death. He is singularly responsible.

>i don't remember this so can't comment
He was selling people in the Denerim Alienage to Tevinter slavers for money. It's something you can use to discredit him during the Landsmeet.

>who cares?!
Literally all of Thedas? You know Andraste was Ferelden, right? Specifically from Denerim? And the Chantry is like the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages, so him torturing Templars and befriending Malefactors is a huge fucking deal.

>are you referring to the guy who poisoned the arl?
No, I'm referring to him inciting the civil war in the Circle Tower. He was the one who convinced Uldred to betray the King by promising him that he would free the Mages from under the Chantry's rule. It created the situation where Uldred and his people fought the other mages and chantry and turned to blood magic and demons. Did you not play this game at all?

>how is Loghain a blood magic mage?!
He's not, but Jowan, the Mage he hired to poison Arl Eamon is. And he knew it.

>he didn't do that, howe did it
Under orders from Loghain.

>you are attributing him A LOT of things that he did not do personally
And you're acting like just because he didn't physically do these things he's absolved from any wrong doing even though he ordered them to happen. Sure he wasn't personally rounding up slaves for Tevinter, but he let them in and took their gold. Sure he didn't physically poison Arl Eamon, but he hired the Blood Mage to do so. Sure he didn't put his sword through Bryce's wife and son's body, but he had Arl Howe's men do so.

Isn't it amazing how much soy can change a man?

This was him around DA Origins release

It hurts
DA:O was by no means perfect but it's just gotten so much worse

This is him now

Don't do soy, lads

Qunari are literally the fantasy equivalent of the ottomans. They still got beat on multiple occasions by those with lower technology.

>literally

DAII gets a lot of rightfully deserved shit but some characters got some depth or became interesting in certain cases if you go Rivalry and/or Romance
Like Anders Rivalry grows afraid of being overtaken by Vengeance and when collecting shit for his bomb he's clearly not in control in the last scene
But almost all these are self contained sadly and rarely have far reaching effects

Man, I love Elves but in DA they're very unlikable.

Instead of shitposting when you see your trigger word, use context clues or find a fluent reader to help you determine if the word was used correctly.

Carver's deal is he needs to be free of the shadow of his family and be his own man whereas Bethany needs the family or another support system
Which was one of the only good things DAII did imho having Carver blossom under GW where Bethany is the opposite

The spirit in the picture is not even an elf.

Merrril was basically pic related

I know that. I sided with the Werewolves every time.

Man the DA2 romances were such shit.

>Elf maiden that could have been top tier qt but instead was clinically retarded and cared more about a mirror than you
>A massive fucking slut
>A half-demented mage terrorist
>An edgy "nothing personell" Elf
>some DLC character nobody remembers

If Bioware didn't rush them, I think they would have flesh them out more.

i honestly can't argue with you because you fail to see the bigger picture. the fuck do you think he sold the elves to tevinter for? first, who gives a shit about elves in the world of DA? no one. second, he needed the gold to defend against the blight, you know, get the army ready with weapons, mercenaries and so on.

you look at his actions one by one and decide he's evil because you can't understand the hard decisions he had to make. you completely ignore the fact that the king was a child with no experience of ruling or war. people like loghain gain the trust and loyalty of his soldiers, when he ordered the retreat they did it. do you think those soldiers were happy to see their king die? i don't think so, but they trusted loghains judgement over the king.

loghain was a flawed character with traumatic experiences when it comes to orlesians so yes I can understand that he would rather be allied with tevinter.

there are a lot of nuances to his decisions and you make it seem white or black

Are the Qunari literally Turks transplanted into the DA universe? No? Then I guess the word wasn't used correctly.

honestly i just RP'd as a chantry virgin

I wish they'd just pick a design for elves and stick with it.
>DAO they are shorter humans with pointy ears
>DA2 they are the aliens from Avatar
>DAI they are skeletons

pic related literally you rn

Say what you will about 2 but it had the best Qunari design.

>literally defending allowing Tevinter slavers to take Ferelden citizens as slaves
He wouldn't have needed money to fight the Blight if he hadn't abandoned half the Ferelden army at Ostagar in his attempt to assassinate the King, you dumbfuck.

You look at his actions and are blind to what he admitted his reasons were. The ONLY reason he betrayed the King and did all his other crimes is because he was mistaken about Cailan leaving his daughter. That's it. He wasn't trying to build a better Ferelden, he didn't think he'd make a better ruler, none of this starry-eyed nonsense you imagine his motivation is.

He killed the King because he thought Cailan would leave Anora for the Empress of Orlais. That's all. And it turned out that not only was Cailan loyal to Anora and didn't care that she was barren to the point that it estranged him from Arl Eamon, his uncle and surrogate father, but it turned out the Empress was a fucking lesbian.

"Whoops."

I think they are fine in DA:I. It merges the elves in DAO and DA2 to where they feel unique but not like Disney characters. I mean, not counting the fact that everyone in the game is ugly as all fuck.

>He even understands he fucks up so
Cold comfort for the tens of thousands he abandoned to die, sold into slavery, and let his literally evil underlings torture and slaughter with no complaint from Loghain.

In his few months in power he managed to become a worse oppressor of Fereldans than even the Orlesians EVER were. His failure is ultimate and he deserves nothing but scorn for betraying every ideal he ever claimed to hold.

>literally the equivalent of
Looks like you missed a few words that time! Take your time and sound it out if you're having a hard time.

>elves are relevant in DA
you truly are retarded. losing half the army is better than losing ALL the army you cretin.

>misguided
google this word because you clearly cannot understand anything related to it

How's fem Qunari an Amazon fetish? What's wrong with this guy

I just felt they were way too skinny in DAI, like the body shape was horribly messed up looking, I tried playing as one but the body looked deformed in certain parts.
The only good looking elf body in that game was Solas, and considering the twist that made a lot of sense.

>David Gaider revealed that the original plot for Dragon Age: Origins included a visit by Celene to Denerim. There it would have been learned that Cailan had planned to divorce Anora in favour of the Empress, and that Teyrn Loghain had discovered this scheme.[10]
Apparently it was originally planned
plus I doubt anyone in Bioware even rembered who Cailan was anyway

Really? Never really thought much it myself.

U are literally sentenced to death when you're born tho.

It's not a question of relevancy you stupid nigger, it's a question of nationalism. They might just be shitty Elves, but they're FERELDEN shitty Elves and they're being sold to fucking Tevinter Slavers.

Glad they cut that nonsense out. The story is better with Loghain being wrong.

Who cares what Gaider says

Not as long as they keep hiring people based on how much of an SJW they are

Where is moye?

In Return to Ostagar dlc, you find letters between Cailan and Celene that hint towards this even, with Eamon encouraging Cailan to do it.
If you bring Loghain there he reacts with anger and shock when you find the letters.

The really stupid thing is that the player is completely free to make a female dwarf, and have her look however they want, and then have romances with party members.
But having the devs create their own female dwarf, where they get to decide on the look and personality? Nah, that's too creepy.

>David Gaider confirmed in an interview[2] that Cailan was, indeed, planning to leave Anora for Empress Celene due to Anora's supposed infertility.[3] The subplot, however, got removed from the script and only later referenced in Return to Ostagar by The Secret Companion's party banter.
Apparently it's canon that he was dropping that bitch like a hot potato

>Your Majesty,

>My men will arrive as soon as possible to bolster your forces. Maker willing, this Blight will be ended before it has begun.

>Cailan, I beseech you, as your uncle, not to join the Grey Wardens on the Field. You cannot afford to take this risk. Ferelden cannot afford it. Let me remind you again that you do not have an heir. Your death--and it pains me even to think of it--would plunge Ferelden into chaos.

>And yes, perhaps when this is over you will allow me to bring up the subject of your heir. While a son from both the Theirin and Mac Tir lines would unite Ferelden like no other, we must accept that perhaps this can never be. The queen approaches her thirtieth year and her ability to give you a child lessens with each passing month. I submit to you again that it might be time to put Anora aside. We parted harshly the last time I spoke of this, but it has been a full year since then and nothing has changed.

>Please, nephew, consider my words, and Andraste's grace be with you.

>--A letter from Arl Eamon to King Cailan

It's very clear that while Arl Eamon wanted Cailan to leave Anora, Cailan refused to hear it and it actually estranged him from his uncle for even suggesting it.

>subplot got removed
Not canon.

>It's not a question of relevancy
oh yes I forgot, he should have treated slaves the same like everyone else... but then they wouldn't be slaves so howw... see how dumb you are?

>i'm not gonna sell elves as slaves cuz that would be wrong, fuck the country lmao, don't need no gold to defend against the blight xD
that's how you would rule

>>David Gaider confirmed in an interview[2] that Cailan was, indeed, planning to leave Anora for Empress Celene due to Anora's supposed infertility.[3] The subplot, however, DID NOT GET removed from the script and only later referenced in Return to Ostagar by The Secret Companion's party banter.
checkmate

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/moye/
Died down after NYE

>we will never get another Jade Empire or a worthy successor to DAO
no, fuck you, da2 and 3 are not the same game

nothin personal was unironically the best romance of the bunch, and thats saying something
>isabela
anders literally says something along the lines of
>so he fucked isabela, thats like a side dish rather than the main course
if you fucked her and there's a love triangle going on, who the fuck honestly romanced those used goods?
and?
>old fuck nearly destroys his nation to "save" it from being in perma peace with its major enemy
not to mention Anora is a traitorous slag
>try to get her to explain to loghains guard
>nope they were trying to kidnap me
>refuse to support her for the throne
>they totally kidnapped me guise!

>8 pages
levelsofautism.jpg

They elves were never slaves though. He pretty much went against the core tenant of Ferelden which is freedom by reinstigating slavery.

...the Elves aren't slaves, you stupid bitch. How the fuck do I get caught up in lore discussions with people that never played the game? Slavery is explicitly illegal in Ferelden. In fact, Ferelden is the seat of where slavery began its end for all of Thedas. They were the very first to stop the practice. The Alienages are slums, not slave camps. Him selling Elves into slavery is a HUGE deal politically, and it's why it's one of the major things that brings him down during the Landsmeet.

Fuck me, the whole Andraste thing was about her, a Ferelden slave of Tevinter, pushing them out. Her crusade BEGAN in Denerim! Learn the goddamn lore before you debate it, nigger.

plus
>by Trespasser she's 34
>still no kids

what? the entire point is while elves have shitty lives in Fereldan they arent slaves because absolutely every nation but Tevinter and the Qunari abhor it and use it as a propaganda point. selling slaves obviously causes a huge scandal because why stop with the knife ears when things get dire?

If you give Anora half a chance, she'll have Alistair murdered because she doesn't want to chance he might change his mind about the throne and his is the more legitimate one. She finishes what her father started and permanently ends the Theirin bloodline that's ruled Ferelden since it's beginning.

should also add
>she STILL tried to fuck Zevran even if youre in a romance, literally need to tell her no to make her not do it

>half the army is better than losing ALL the army
Or just follow through and end the Blight instead of letting it ravage the country

i agree that i was wrong about calling them slaves, they are not. however, they are treated like disposable things. you could do anything to a city elf as a noble and nothing would happen to you. understand this, THEY DO NOT MATTER. that's why loghain sold them into slavery. he would rather have their blood on his hands rather than his people. if you can't understand this then i don't know what else to say.

>Scrap Varric romance from DA2 and off-screen Harding in DA:I. Dwarves are pedo fetish. Ewww. Yet your dwarf character is forced to romance human, elves and Qunari instead of their own kind.
>Here have Merril in DA2. Also lets make elves in general look as jailbait.
>Qunari female, dwarfs, it is like when white boy wanna fuck nigger. Which is why there is also no Vivienne romance for you.
>All fetishes of cis white males are distasteful and repulsive. Cis white men need to neck themselves.

>Not naming it "Immunity Doggo".
>Shiggy and/or diggy

I keep calling him Donners whenever I play. Sometimes I forget that name, but it always hits me whenever I replay the game.

>Or just follow through and end the Blight instead of letting it ravage the country

loghain thought that they would lose. i chose to believe the general with war experience over some retarded child whose whole mentality was "we're gonna fly on gryphons and defeat the blight like in the tales!"

i was wrong to call them slaves, they were not.

>nothing would happen
except there was a major riot and they were planning to appeal to the king before loghain and howe stepped in? similarly this changes with the onst of alistair coming in
I dont think you grasp how much it doesnt matter if its elves being sold into slavery or not, the mere fact hes doing it at all is what makes it such a massive political scandal.

He let one of his men purge the fucking alienate to cover up for the fact that he murder a noble family and stole their land.

Loghain betrays pretty much everything that's Fereldan, might as well invite Orlais by this point because he has no lover for his country left that's for sure.

>loghain thought that they would lose
No he didn't. Before the battle at Ostagar was even fought he'd already poisoned Arl Eamon, had Arl Howe murder the Couslands and engaged Uldred to disrupt the Circle Tower. He'd planned to abandon Cailan either way because half his schemes were already under way.

Sounds like a man who is not afraid to break some eggs to make an omelet

Except we already know that if he had gotten his way and the Grey Warden didn't oppose him, the Blight overtakes the entire country and Ferelden falls.

>political scandal
nigga do you understand that the blight is THE END OF THE WORLD?

>i know the blight is coming and we have half the army and we need supplies and mercenaries and an alliance with tevinter. my time is limited what the fuck should i do? i could sell the elves for gold and consolidate a position with the tevinter imperi... no no no that would be a political scandal.
jesus christ

2 is the worst, if they realized all their ideas for the game it could have been good.

>loghain thought that they would lose
He didn’t, he just saw a convenient point to betray the country due to his problems that user mentioned earlier
And even if he did it was his duty to obey orders and also the last best chance he had to end the Blight. Instead he sold a bunch of elves off and watched the country slowly die in order to crown Anora. If not for the Warden the country he professed so much love for would likely have been ruined

Bullshit you stupid bitch. The Empress wanted to give him an army and he refused. The Grey Wardens wanted to send their troops and he refused. Half the fucking army died because he was trying to kill Cailan. He had options, it's not like he HAD to resort to slavery.

>do you understand that the blight is THE END OF THE WORLD?
You don’t seem to, since you’re defending the guy who purposefully prolonged it

are you dense
>half the army
because he abandoned most of it at ostagar then unleashed a civil war, then turned to selling elves into slavery on the sly so he didnt lose more support
cavorting with outright blood mages who wouldve wreaked even more havoc had the wardens not stopped it
refusing outside aid that was waiting for his approval because he was a paranoid retard
and you honest to god think you can use MUH BLIGHT defense? he didnt even think it was one you dumbass

Selling a few elves won't pay for a war user. He sold his honor and loyalty for some pocket change pretty much. And more importantly, if he actually cared about stopping the blight instead of seizing power, he wouldn't have fucking murdered his king who was brokering an alliance with the single most powerful empire in Thedas and incite a fucking civil war while half the country was being burned to the ground.

>who the fuck honestly romanced those used goods?
Asides from Merril everyone can be put in used goods category. Anders was fooling around himself before Justice made him into edgelord. Fenris was a slave, enough said. Sebastian (who the heck even romances this guy?) is Leliana 2.0. Whored himself around till his family grew tired of his STD ass and kicked him chantry to find Jesus and now he is acting as good chantry boy.

And lets not even go with romances in DA:O.
>Morrigan was whoring herself with guys who "lusted" after her.
>Leliaina just as slut as Isabela and Zevran that slept with almost everyone except she wears innocent chantry girl act now.
>Zevran is Zevran and that is all that needs to be said.
>Alistair, only pure but game forces you to become cuck if you wanna both of you to live and if you put him on throne.

Female nobles can marry King Alistair and become his Queen.

bullshit you dumb nigger. he refused orlai's help because he did not trust them and grey wardens are relevant only against the arch demon. are you now going to tell me that grey wardens are some super hot shit elite fighters? cuz that would be pretty hilarious.

>ruining your friendship with the best bro ever
>not fucking the queen and becoming King yourself

You still need to sign "I'm cuck." paper for it to even happen.

>refused Orlais because he didn't trust them
>DOES trust Tevinter slavers :DDDD
Literally kys

i dont mean used goods in they had a few partners sense (and the slave one is semi involuntary) Imean used goods in the sense she literally tries to fuck other people while you pursue her, not to mention you couldve fucked her, potentially with alistair or leliana, with your last main character.
better term would be massive fucking slut

>unintentialy

>"accidentally" betrays the country a few dozen times

>having to force him to fuck another woman so you both live
i mean i dont think this is cuck territory, since he wigs out when you mention it.
the gray area is they use the exact same sex scene as if you werent romancing him, which was just fucking lazy, why not have it a pseudo threesome or some shit so he only sees your face or something.

>doing good things equals doing the right things
just stop. and as far as I remember he told everyone to shut the fuck up and so they did with arl eamon being the one who was uppity and so he needed to put him down

better than nothing. the situation was dire, he needed to do something

Pretty sure the game never says anything about Morrigan having fucked before DA:O.

>better term would be massive fucking slut
That is every BW's bisexual character in DA-verse, asides from Josephine. BW sucks with bisexual characters. It is same shit over and over again (Hi Vaas) only with different name and gender. Nothing new there.

You can spare Loghain, make Alistair king and marry him, then have Loghain kill the Archdemon/ fuck Morrigan.

>romance Morrigan
>let Alistair impregnate her

who else did a cuck playthrough?

>good things
>rigt things
im pretty sure the right thing was not abandoning the army in the first fucking place, from there he just compounded his mistake
and what are you smoking? loghain constantly had to send out armed forces to crush recalcitrant bannorn lords who were resisting him, it only truced at the time of the landsmeet. theres even a chantry board mission where you help a bannon lords men fight off loghains

>he needed to do something
Yeah, ride out with his king and try to keep him alive long enough until reinforcements arrive.

>remember those guys who we fought against just 30 years ago? yeah lets invite them back, it'll be fine.
neck yourself

Yes it does. SHE DOES!
Don't flirt with her as a guy, be 100% friendly and enjoy conversation about it that it shall trigger.

none of them are isabela tier, zevran god bless him stays monogamous if you romance him, same with the others.

>remember those guys that literally created the Darkspawn and doomed humanity while also murdering Andraste? yeah, let's sell our civilians into slavery to them
Fuck you in your prolapse, nigger.

The problem is he didn't make an omelet, he just broke the eggs

>game gets deep lore and is a success
>next game is SJW propaganda where you fuck gay minotaurs and talk about feminism

Why can't leftists fuck off from video games?

I have, only thing remotely similar I can think of is that she mentions the fact that acting like a frail maiden and batting her eyes will make men believe any story she tells.

darkspawn horde were more than they thought they'd be and cailan would have died anyway. running in blindly to save him would have meant the slaughter of loghain and the remaining force of ferelden.

also this was cailain's plan, epic.

That's a safety net since Grey Warden's have difficulty making babies

How? Pretty sure I tried that once and it is not possible. Alistair refuses to let Loghain live and marry you at same time.

And yes, I had him hardened.

Everyone is a idiot in Dragon Age.

are you talkig abut the conversation where she claims there can be no love in a relationship? because it doesnt imply she fucked before (she porbably did but i digress) just that she doesnt believe in love as part of the equation

Nobody forced you. You just can't resist the dick.

>let's sell our civilians
you mean elves. but keep your autism, surely if you say it enough times the elves are magically gonna become relevant.

DA2 may have been bad but it wasnt particularly femininst. Half the women you meet in the game are plotting to fuck you over, including members of your party

>Cailan would have died anyway
How do you know?

Bullshit, Loghain was planning on betraying him BEFORE the battle. Before they even reached Ostagar, Loghain had secretly had Arl Eamon poisoned by a Blood Mage, the Cousland Teyrns murdered by Arl Howe and had incited a civil war with the Mage Circle. He was ALWAYS going to betray Cailan at Ostagar, it's not like he was loyal up until that last moment and made an audible to retreat.

>would have died anyway
how do you know that?
why not charge in, get your majesty out if the battle keeps going south, THEN fuck off? pretty god damn simply instead of blatantly retreating before you know the battle is totally lost

Not that. It triggers after you defeat Flemeth for her. (you must not flirt at all with her beforehand) She literally tells you she has been intimate with men who lusted after her but never was friend with one. Which is why she finds it strange that a friendship with a man(you) is possible.

I just checked and you're right. My mistake.

But the elves are relevant in the game.

Again, I've done that a few times, never once heard any line close to it.

The Elves are still Ferelden civilians, retard. I don't know why you're so fucking stupid you don't get that. They might be second class citizens, but they're still Ferelden. Slavery is still a loathed and hatred practice. It still causes a huge outcry at the Landsmeet when they discover what he was doing.

This

Alistair is a bro who has been by my side since the beginning. Loghain is a cuck who is afraid of pathetic frenchies and if it wasn’t for the player he would’ve doomed brought Ferelden down with him

I have watched the cinematic, did you? king retard was all in the midst of fighting and already losing while loghain's men were all the fuck up the cliff, the time it would have taken to locate king retard it would have been too late. also cailan was rekt by an ogre.

>loghain tried multiple times to tell cailan to NOT go in the front lines because it would be dangerous

ive never heard it either but its not shocking considering morrigans approach to love. she was raised in a hentai tier household where its implied flemeth fucked other people practically in front of her, and she clearly doesnt believe in love until you dick her hard enough. easy to see how shed be fine with casual sex for pleasures sake considering her mother

Don't you have to be an evil asshole just to unlock him as a playable character?

Then you did flirted with her without knowing you did. There are few ninja-flirt dialogues with her that you may have not noticed. Just try being more colder with her (buy her gifts if she gets pissy) and get relationship bar with her until it says "(Friendly)". Then try talking to her (think it only triggers in camp) and she does indeed says literally to you that she has been intimate with those who have lusted after her.

you put a city elf next to a human ( doesn't even have to be a noble ). who do you think people ( humans, the important and relevant ones ) would let die? if anyone's a retard it's you because you fail to understand what's important and what's not.

>what is a coordinated charge
>implying the oge would have necessarily gone t Cailan in the event of a massive wave of enemy reinforcements sweeping the flank
you're retroactively deciding that things had to go that way because they did.

>sheltered life in the woods
>only interactions she’s had with other people are her being disgusted by their manners and customs or looking down upon them
>but she’s had tons of sex before lol

no

Alright, let me try to put it in a context your drooling fucking retarded intellect is equipped to possibly understand.

Imagine some senator in the 1960s was rounding up American blacks and selling them into slavery over in China. Blacks are second class citizens, but slavery is very much illegal in America, and blacks or not, those are citizens he's selling off.

Do you see the issue now?

If you don't know what to say or do prior pretty much yeah
It's a pragmatic choice but it's kinda tricky to get too in a blind run

what part of it doesnt matter what race they are because they were sold into slavery do you not get you dense retard?
they could be sellong tal vashoth and the landmsmeet would still be up in fucking against everything Fereldan and Loghain claims it stands for

>tons of sex before
Well she did used to sneak into the city

user, the fire signal was lit very late, things were already going really bad. loghain see's the signal, decides, fuck this and fuck that retard, retreat.

cailan was front lines, surrounded with duncan by enemy forces, perfect time for a coordinated attack right?

Yeah, just managed to find it myself on youtube. Huh, what do you know. Kinda love how a game you've played countless times can still surprise you.

>b-but I was meant to be her first
Poor poor (you)

See:

>Expect mid-twenty people to be virgins
Not everyone is like you, Cred Forums. In fact most people are not like you.

>makes him objectively right in 99% of the story
>decides to give him a kick the dog moment by selling shitter elves into enemy slavery through a convoluted nonsensical ordinance
>DLC had to make him out to be a traitor and deny everything he did because he still made too much sense as-is unlike everyone else in the fucking game
Sasuga biodrones

>didnt charge beforehand even though i assume he could see the battle going to shit
>didnt charge jut long enough to cleave through their forces to extract the king
it is possible, though you bring up another great point which is that its heavily implied Loghain made sure the lower sections of the tower of ishal were open for the darkspawn in the first place so hed never need this dilemma anyway, hed just claim the signal was never sent.
its also why he was so mad cailan sent grey wardens in to make sure the job was done, kinda threw a wrench in the plans
either that or its a one in a million "coincidence"

i understand that the world of DA is not set in the 1960's or is in any way shape or form even remotely close to the situation of african americans. i also understand that you are dumb and you think in terms of OUR civilization and history instead of that of a fantasy world of DA.

Not really you just have to agree with Riordan that making him a warden is better than chopping his head off. Your actual morals can go either way. You can treat Loghain like shit after you get him or be nice.

>Friendship
Lol
Also she is right, it's literally not possible unless one of them is gay.

i only realized on my fifth playthrough that you could fuck one of the people who came with your mothers friend in the human noble origin. even more fucked when it turns out the elves daughter is the one in the alienage asking about her mum.
i dont particularly mind any of them but isabela, she is genuinely a gigantic slut and it amazes me people still romance her especially after the firet playthrough

Yeah, god forbid we allow for escapism in our entertainment that is meant for escapism.

I know I will never fight a dragon on top of a giant tower with my loyal companions and safe the world, that's why I want to do so in video games. I know I will never fuck a pure virgin maid, that's why I want to do so in video games.

m8 if i had one on my computer you would be getting the most retarded brainlet image imaginable for how fucking dumb this and every other post youve contributed to the discussion.

Yes, that's why it's called an analogy. Taking a situation and putting it into a context you might be better equipped to understand. You seem to be too retarded to understand why all the nobles were furious at Loghain for selling Ferelden Elves into slavery
>deym's jes elfs y do eny1 caer?? elfs rnt hoomenz
so I thought maybe putting it into real world context might somehow breach the evidently fucking impenetrable wall of inbreeding that's blocking you from understanding the situation.

You only need to to say goodbye to Alistair to unlock him as he doesn't want a thing to do with you if Loghain is there.
Pissing Alistair off isn't exactly evil choice.

Just serves to prove what great game this was and how much its successors are disappointment because of it.

Actually noticed that in my latest one I did a few months ago. God I love this game.
Even if everyone in the game is a slut.

>meant for escapism.

Yes?

>he was so mad cailan sent grey wardens in to make sure the job was done
loghain thought the grey wardens were a bunch of hacks, and he didn't object to wardens being sent to lit the tower, he just said he is relying too much on them.

also the mage said it's not needed to send people to lit the fire because they could make a signal with magic, which that dumb cunt denied by saying smth like save your spells for the darkspawn, like what the actual fuck reason is that? the king should have told her to shut the fuck up, but he was daydreaming about his little fantasy.

In fairness, she was just an Elf servant from the Alienage. The Couslands as Teyrns are literally tied with Loghain as second in command after the King himself.

It has to be kept believable in its own world though. Nearly 30 year olds being virgins is just ridicoulous user haha what the fuck

Remember, Loghain had already approached Uldred to betray the King. The fact that Cailan refused to let the Mage go was disruptive to Loghain's plans, since the Mage was never going to light the beacon and the Grey Wardens couldn't be bought by Loghain.

the elf was a widow if I remember right
and lets be honest its basically like real life in that general regard

>he didnt object
he did, but in that oblique way you describe because why would you be retarded enough to say it otherwise?
>the mage
you mean Uldred, the one who Loghain was dealing with at this time? yeah that wouldve worked out well.
doesnt dispell my main point, loghain clearly sabotaged the army and had planned to get off scot free by claiming the signal was never sent, the wardens fucked it up

>be one of the biggest and baddest in the kingdom
>have a shitty dirty castle
>takes a few guards to kill everyone and size power
I always thought you were like some shitty lordling until a year or so ago because your family seems to be so poor compared to everyone else.

Reminder that DA has a shit story and the setting is basically FR with the numbers filed off.

>(wrongly, as the game proves)
Did a dlc prove that Cailan was planning to ditch her for the Empress? like there was letters found

>few guards
im pretty sure the main forces were already heading to ostagar, while your dad and bro were going the join the next day.
howe deliberately kept his men behind and had his full forced to surprise attack a castle theyd already semi penetrated

What is FR?

>takes a few guards to kill everyone and size power
The entire Cousland force had marched out with Bryce to fight the Darkspawn, remember? All that was left were a few house guards. Arl Howe's men were "late" arriving to march with the Cousland army and instead their entire army attacked the few house guards while they slept.

>Why can't leftists fuck off from video games?
You think the people that wrote Origins weren't leftists?

not all of them were angry with him, some stood by his side.

>so I thought maybe putting it into real world context might
might what exactly? that analogy is dumb for so many reasons and it only makes sense for you because you see elves as second hand citizens, which they were not. yeah some nobles had a problem with slavery, so fucking what, a regular joe peasant didn't give to fucks about elves being sold into slavery, they would however give a fuck if they were about to die because loghain didn't do anything.

if you play a city elf, everybody talks down to you, EVERYONE, no one even takes you seriously. fucking dalish talk shit to you and treat you like shit.

i honestly can't be bothered anymore, you think whatever you want

Forgotten Realms.

Good point. Forgot that.

The couslands send their entire army to Ostagar except a skeleton crew. You see them all marching out in the opening cutscene. They would have crushed Howe with all their forces.

No, the DLC had letters showing that Cailan was entering into a peace treaty with Orlais, ending the decades of hostility between the two after the war.

The only infidelity mentioned was Arl Eamon wrote a letter to Cailan telling him to leave Anora since she was barren, but Cailan was apparently furious at him for even suggesting it and quit talking to Eamon entirely over it.

>Dragon Age romances

ew

I’m just saying it seems out of character for her, but if it happened it happened

>his dog's name isn't Overwhelm
Gotta name them after what they're good at, man.

>nobles had a problem with slavery
>so fucking what
gee i dont know, why would the opinion of some nobles matter for your election to the kingship by a convention of all the nobles of the land?
absolute fucking brainlet

hey retard, he literally didn't say a single word... oh fuck you you dumb cunt i'm done with you

>some stood by his side.
Despite the slavery, not because of it. Them thinking Loghain might be the best general vs the Darkspawn doesn't mean they suddenly support slavery, idiot.

>yeah some nobles had a problem with slavery, so fucking what
...everyone in the fucking country has a problem with slavery!

Are you just fucking with me? I'm starting to think this is an elaborate troll. No one could be this fucking stupid.

>not Barkdog

he asked if it was really necessary, then bitched about how his fascination with legend and glory would be his undoing, pretty sure thats a backhanded insult my man

How is out of character for her? Her mother is infamous for fucking various men and having their children for years. Morrigan herself claims mother had her "company" on occasion and Flemeth literally sent her with you so one of you Wardens can knock her up.

>election to the kingship
i hope some day you will understand just how extremely stupid you are

>All these people arguing about loghain when there is real business of dwarves to be had.

Bhelen did nothing wrong. Harrowmont fucking murdered the king.

>fereldan is not an elected monarchy
>elected monarchies aren't a thing in real life
I cant stop fucking laughing

Do you mean Bhelen?

I just wished they kept the armor.

I will never understand how people can support Loghain. The game literally goes out of its way to show that he is a crazy maniac promoting wide spread murders and assassination . They literally could not make him look more like a villain if they tried.

His own second in command admits he is a traitor to the kingdom and steps aside to let you kill him.

Why? What's so strange about an elective monarchy? It's what a lot of these more tribal kingdoms used to do, and Ferelden is basically like Scandinavia in a lot of ways.

and when the truth of the initiation consisting of drinking a deadly potion came out, the tournament champion who joined for honor pissed himself and tried to back out.

Because he's not a Saturday morning cartoon villain, that must mean he literally did nothing wrong and is based.

Throughout the game I feel that her general shitty attitude comes from her thinking that she is above it all when it comes to people and that she tells herself she doesn’t need people because she lives alone in the forest with her mother, and when she starts traveling with the player she gets to “expose” herself to people on a daily is she warms up to them

He was always a pussy even before he found out. He cried about having to go into the Wilds, he cried about facing the Darkspawn, he cried about the Apostate and when it came time to drink, he tried to attack Duncan instead of doing it.

Meanwhile, the thief readily drank it. Same with the drunk Dwarf, the aspiring Knight, the disgraced noble, the casteless Legionnaire, the Dalish Keeper, the apostate Mage and every other Warden that willingly went through it.

It's not even about supporting him it's about there being only 3 grey wardens in the whole country and only they can kill the Archdemon. Adding another good warrior to the ranks is just practical. Wardens aren't executioners serving justice to criminals.

Friendly reminder that Ferelden's Grey Wardens were noble and strong-willed warriors and heroes who saved people, while DAI orlesean scum faggots were total spinless retards who were ticked by a fucking maleficar. died for no reason by hundreds and then got on inquisition cock without questions.
Pathetic.

Because you can throw him at the archdemon and solve two problems with one stone.

the god baby cheat makes that a moot point, i can understand doing this the first playthrough though

Oh no, I understand exactly why someone would make him a warden. Im talking about these people on Cred Forums who act like he is a hero and he didnt do anything wrong when in the Landsmeet the game literally doesnt even give you enough time to mention everything he does wrong.

I don't understand why are so many surprised at this
Which part about her actually screamed "I-I am virgin"?Even without that there.

>letting that crazy cunt be a hero in death
the mac tir name will only be spoken in infamy in MY Fereldan. Ill haul that wench Anora out of prison just for that reason

>Anora betrays you literally every chance she gets
>murders Alistair the first time the opportunity presents itself

The entire MacTir line is shit. I'm not convinced she didn't know what he planned for Cailan all along. Moreover, that she didn't actually mastermind the whole thing.

What other games let me romance elves?

Merril's retarded, Sera's an ugly lesbian, and I'm not gay.

Bhelen vs Harrowmont is my favorite due how much ironic it is as I bet my ass that majority of fags was fast to pick Harrowmont thinking that is 'good choice' because Bhelen is such a huge unlikeable douche.
Ironic how Bhelen is the right choice and Harrowmont was worst.

Every other game Bioware made that had elves in it.

Merril is fun in a rival romance because it comes off as an abusive relationship which kind of makes the whole thing funny.

I kind of like how they flip that choice around so Bhelen is ultimately the better choice. I pick Harrowmont because my character doesnt know the future.

my favorite thing about it is you can go to Bhelen and basically call him out on all his shit and how he's a horrible person and he'll ask "why are you here then?" and you can answer "because Harrowmont would be a terrible King"

this will be my last post in this thread since too many people are talking to me at once about different things.

loghain was wrong about many things but he did the best he could with what he got. he was born under orlesian occupation and fought very hard with maric to free ferelden, i wonder why he would not trust the orlisians.

he had to babysit the literal retard that cailan was and despite his best efforts all that kid was interested in was fame and glory instead of protecting his people.

he tells cailan to NOT go in the front lines, he insists that it's not a good idea for him to go, the retard goes anyway cuz lel glory xD

everyone see's his value, including riordan and anora, but hey that doesn't matter.

no one can chnage my mind regarding loghain.

Her being stuck in some cabin in the woods barely interacting with people apart from murdering templars?

Don't get me wrong I didn't think she was necessarily a virgin, I mean she seems like someone who would want to find it whats it all about from a intellectual point of view, but she did strike me as someone who didn't really care about physical relationships. Especially fucking anyone who tells her she looks pretty like some random bar floozy. Like sex was never a thing that mattered to her with how she will fuck anyone during the ritual.

Harrowmont is the best choice if you're a Royal Dwarf. He names you his heir, so even if he fucks the place up, you'll eventually right the ship.

The only credit I'll give DA2 is that magic is fun and it brought the best girl in the DA universe

>TFW My latest Dwarven Noble run picked Bhelen anyways because Harrowmont is absolutely retarded.

SADEAS

Not to mention that bitch screws you over, and leaves you, and the entire city in deep deep shit. None of the companions did that in any other game. Not even Zevran.

Anyone else wanted the Arishok fucking take that bitch instead of fighting him?

Bhelen is a treacherous cunt, but hes basically the Napoleon Orzamar needs to stop the terminal decline into extinction
Harrowmont is unwilling or unable to buck the Deshyrs whenever they baww about their priviledges.

Not even the same guy, but you can't explore the Tower of Ishal when you arrive at Ostagar because Loghain's men won't let anybody in and say that they're investigating/clearing out the "lower sections" according to Loghain's guard.

I'm not sure what your damage is, but they would literally need to slap you in the fucking face to make it any more obvious. Loghain planned to abandon that battle and leave Cailan for dead long before it ever began.

I agreed with the Arishok, but at the same time, you can't NOT do the most epic fight in the entire series.

>Give Isabella to them because fuck her
>Immediately told she escaped on the boat ride back
Feels bad man

I fucking hate the Qunari hivemind so I took the opportunity to fuck their shit up. but yes given the choice I wouldve killed her afterwards then sold the artifact to Tevinter anyway

Reminder that we can never have a romanceable female Qunari because Dan Gayder doesnt want us straight cis men to fetishize and oppress the innocent qunari

If you are a good friend to her, or you constantly tell her to stop being a shit bag, she returns with the book to save the city.

I guess that is something at least.

The developers even had to come out and tell people that Loghain was planning on killing the king before the battle even began.

>tfw DA:I actually has some pretty great main quests but there are only like 4 of them and the rest of the game is like the blandest Ubisoft game you have ever played

Might happen in DA:4. Gaider left Bioware.

Picked Bhelen from the get go. The game gives a lot of time to let you see how Dorf tradition was fucking them in the ass.

It could be the worse one yet, but if this was in the game with an elf romance it'd be a buy from me.

There ain't gonna be a bioware soon.

Tell me about it. I actually liked the story but everything else, save one or two side quests, was boring as shit. It didnt help that there was almost no variety in monsters in the world. It was always some variation of lizard monster

IF you haven't play DAO THIS WAY, you've played it wrong:
>kiss Morrigan right after swamp
>fuck Morrigan right after Lothering
>cuck beta elf by fucking whore elfwoman in elf's camp
>kiss qt peasant woman in Redcliff for saving her brother
>fuck all good whores in Denerim's brothel
>fuck Isabella as well
>kiss Leliana
>fuck Leliana
>got Morrigan's love back by gifting her silver mirror
>both Morrigan and Leliana in love with you now
>fuck Morrigan again to save your life
>go traveling (and fucking) with Leliana in the ending
>dump Leliana for Witch hunt where you go with Morrigan for your son
>be remembered as greatest Gray Warden ever lived

>do the most epic fight in the entire series.
I don't know man, the fight between my mage and him didn't shake out the same way as in the trailer.

It was more about spending all my money on healing potions, and running around for 20 minutes while my abilities and the potion drinking was on cooldown.

EA said DA:4 is going to happen regardless of Anthem, they're already working on it.

>mage
>da2
that means you have to suffer that cunt Carver, and fuck that shit

Hol up this guy can be your companion?
I played DA:O on ps3 to hell and back in 2010, all races, all paths, all love interests, all builds, all DLC etc

But i have absolutely zero recollection of this guy being able to join your team
I literally just dont remember a single second of controlling him.

Does he just joins REALLY late in the game or something?
I need to replay dao on PC one of these days anyway, does it hold uP

I really hate the qunari design in inqusition. They just took recolored human heads and stitched some horns to them. They used to have distinctive facial features.

>cuck beta elf by fucking whore elfwoman in elf's camp
Wait, there is a whore in the elf camp? I might have to replay that game

>tfw saying no when the fucker wants some duel after massacring half a city like he's got some sort of honor
Man I love the Qunari. Such a despicable people, but they still manage to make you feel like their side actual makes sense.

>EA said
don't get you hopes up.

its on standby from what i read, they also did a reset of the story for 4, and the main guy is double working on anthem.
if anthem is a bust they might do 4 to go out on a high note with a guaranteed seller, but thats a big if

They were literal humans colored grey and made taller in Origins

This also happens with your companions if you try to side with Harrowmont. Zevran in particular. Zevran shall try to make you reconsider saying how this Harrowmont seems as weak king and Bhelen seems as better choice instead. Game basically was giving you warnings about not choosing Harrowmont despite him seeming as much better then Bhelen.
Which is why this was my favorite thing.

I think he means the elf girl who is refusing to marry some hunter.

I like romancing Isabela because if you rivalmance her, you pretty much call her out on all her shit and she at least tries to be better in the end. Plus the only other girl was Merril and elves were smack dab in the middle of the uncanny valley in DA2

I actually liked Inquisition. You guys will throw a bitchfit over the dumbest shit.

Did you expect Bioware to do real C&C? Did you think they were CDPR or something?

>be Grey Warden
>fuck two top-tier women
>be Hawk
>fuck one qt and one good-looking whore
>be Inquisitor
>the only choice is man-looking tsundere and ugly gypsy
>also surrounded by queers and faggots
Being Inquisior is suffering. If not for Varrik being bro, he'd kill himself, for sure.

>Hitler didn't personally kill the jews with his own hands, so you can't attribute it to him.
>It is not his fault every single thing he did was bad, he just had bad advisors!
>I have no way to refute that point, so I'll just say I don't remember or "who cares!"
>you can't say he is responsible for what his underling did just because he consentend to the plan, helped cover it up and even protected the underling later on despite knowing full well what the guy did

Mate, you are some sort of master of arguments. Clearly you can't be beat. You should be a defense attorney.

"Your honor, my client didn't kill that man. It was a bullet, shot by a gun that my client just happened to be holding coincidentaly."

People give DA2 a lot of shit and justifiably so, but the visual overhaul finally gave races some identity beyond just height and pointy ears.

Nigger your retarded opinions does jackshit to negate the fact that it is an objectively bad game.

DA2 Qunari design was actually original design Sten too was meant to have. But they didn't had time so they made him into giant human instead and came up with "hornless Qunari are special" excuse.

>Qun man is two hundred pounds of beef with a human head
>Qun woman is a tall, athletic human

Is it too much to ask to have a RRRRIPPED waifu to ogle?

>CDPR
>C&C

Your Witcher 2 playthrough was rendered obsolete if you didn't pick roach lmao

DAI's romance options were arbitrary as fuck.

I just wished they made the Qunari a bit less naked. Jacked up as they are, spear shirtless spear chuckers aren't really the image of a conquering empire.

either you kill him or you make him a GW after which he joins you

>lelianna plays a huge role in the game
>not romancable

lazy cunts

I always name mine Joby: youtube.com/watch?v=t3NOYMzVC3s

The entire series have been suffering in the waifu department really.

>morrigan
>not romanceable
As If i even needed another reason not to touch inquisition.
I can confidentely now say: DROPPED

So, basically, literally the only reason to play as female elf is to bone Solas.

at what point in the game?

She got purified by the Warden cock.
She's now a loving wife and a caring mother.

Eh. She was shit in DA:I anyways.

The moot after you duel him.

I liked how cheesy Josephine's romance was

Been years since I played it last, but around the time you finally beat him and can turn your attention to the arch demon so I guess almost at the end of the game

If you try to bone Sera it actually gets harder when you are an elf. The game is terrible and Sera is annoying as fuck but I thought that was pretty neat. It also gets easier if you are a Qunari I think.

>wanting to turn Warden's true love into a whore

fuck you, they're loyal women.

How would they even wear a shirt?

Is thing that puzzled me with my Qunari inquisitor. How the hell does he even manage to wear shirt?

>cant play as warden in inqusition
double DROPPED

Lelianna and ESPECIALLY Morrigan are not for some virinquisitor. It's for Chad Warden ONLY. This is the only good things biocucks made in the game - you're not touching hero's property. Should give you some pretty qts instead though.

>I actually liked Inquisition
I'm sure the warden's of your respective mental institution respects your factually incorrect opinion.

But she is already a whore.

Morrigan and Leliana are understandable due their possible past relationship with Warden but there should have been something for Leliana at least if she wasn't romanced. Varric and Vivienne on another hand
kek

Not gonna lie, this triggers me a bit.

i understand what you guys are saying, i really do.
But allow me to phrase the question like this:
Why in the unholy mother of ass do i have to play as some faggot ass inqusitor instead of continuing the adventures of chad alpha warden?
Whats even the point of having morrigan in this shitty ass game if all i want to do when i see her is go play the superior dragon age origins in which i can dick her?

not
>be non cousland
>don't cure the dogs
>tell morigan to fuck off
>leave Sten
>dont recruit leliana/desecrate the ashes
>kill oghren
>dont recruit wynne
>kill zevran
>spare loghain and make him kill the archdemon
Crashing this game, with NO SURVIVORS

Ever heard of buttons? Shit even a notch and a looped string would do.

a whole lot of nothing really. Like cisquisition itself.

absolute madman

based

it was a step up from 2 but thats not saying much. Grindy ass MMO tier quests and side quests in general going the way of mass effect 3. I remember finding the note in the first real zone you go to needed the end game herb. Kept it in mind for the whole game, finally got it, went back and it spawned a single weak ass ghost for me to kill. The end

6/10

the thought that someday i will have to buy and play inquisition until i get the platinum haunts me.
I loved dragon age origins too much, even the dumpsterfire that was 2 didnt sway my hand.
God damn my autism

You can coerce her into fucking you and tell her man you were just testing out the goods it's hilarious. She regrets it right after and won't talk to you.

>Why in the unholy mother of ass do i have to play
There is literally no reason to play DAI, only if you're:
>love setting so much that need to know how it ends
>can't play better games due bad pc
>faggot.

>hurr you dont NEED to play the game if you dont want to
you know what i mean user, dont be a fucking faggot

>Touching anyone but morrigan
I am actually disgusted

I named mine Cailan

>Dragon Age
>Ending

lol

all Inquisition does is make me want to play the next game, which will inevitably be shitty because it won't be able to compete with the game I have built up in my head

>Why in the unholy mother of ass do i have to play as some faggot ass inqusitor instead of continuing the adventures of chad alpha warden?

Because after DA2 turned from DLC to a full game they probably realized they don't have to do continual narrative over multiple games. Shit, Awakening can also be played another foreign Warden so there was some groundwork there already.

my nigger

Combat is fast and dynamic. Everything else however was done too fast and without polish. EA literally forced BioWare to make it in TWO YEARS.

>not being alpha male fucking all best women around
cucks

>all best women around
Yeah and their total amount is 1, Morrigan.

Problem is origins feels like it's in a different league. There's so many small details and choices that inquisition doesn't have. If you pickpocket duncan early in dao he has a little talk with you that you miss as an upstanding good guy.

Anyway since we talking Qunari and next game is in Tevinter and Qunari are 100.0% to be there will game cuck us again with our choice on Sten? Shall he be Arishok regardless of whatever or no we freed him/helped him return sword?

btfo, you tell them boy

>tfw no ultimate climax where you get to choose to play as the warden, hawke, inquisitor or a new character and you all have to work together to stop aids elf

I want so much fan service even a Japanese NEET will feel disgusted.

Origins also took so long to create they were testing it out with the Aurora editor. In comparison you can see clear cut corners in Inquisition and doing it just good enough so you can ship it. Tons and tons of filler writing some poor interns probably slaved over and no one sane read exemplifies this the best.

sort of related:
>play DA:O
>babys first Wrpg
>every item has its own illustration, you can see what it is and every item is different
>play DA2
>items no longer have illustrations, just a generic icon

It pissed me off to no end

depends on what you have in your worldstate

I appreciate that they do go through the effort of accounting for shit like this, but should they really put in the effort of having some no name be the Arishok and potentially have less screentime with Sten just to appease the 5 dumbasses who kept him locked up?

>be dwarf noble
>fuck Mardy and Teli in a threesome
>knock up Mardy with bastard son
>get exiled and recruited into the grey wardens
>fuck the hot goth witch
>fuck the hot French redhead
>fuck the elf's loose butthole with your throbbing dwarf dick
>have a foursome with Zevran, Leliana, and Isabella at the pearl
>fuck every worker at the pearl, including the transsexuals and "surprise me" options
>fuck some random Dalish slut and force a Dalish beta cuck to marry the used goods
>get back to Orzammar
>put your brother on the throne because he actually is the best choice for Orzammar's future
>convince your brother to give your bastard son full Aeducan heritage rights and make the assembly name you a living god
>Bhelen will get blown the fuck out 20 years later when your bastard son becomes the next king of Orzammar
>break up with Morrigan and Leliana because Zevran loves you the most
>fuck Morrigan one last time though to unleash an old god baby into the world

Anyone playing DA:O any other way is doing it wrong.

Actual development time was like 7 months

>those reused "dungeons" for the 11th time
fucking hell i hated that game

Kind of unrelated but I read somewhere that 85 percent of players of this game pick human 10 elf and only 5 dwarf, isn't that terrible?
99 percent of games don't give you a different race option and then the 1 that does comes around you just pick Human anyway?

I played a Chadlina Dwarf commoner girl who romanced all 3 party members at once made Alistar King and sent Lohgain to die fighting the archdemon.

I just called him Chadthundercock

Not today motherfucker

That's because Dragon Age races are generic, you find stats like that for TES pre-Skyrim and it'll probably be a lot more diverse

was the dwarf named Ralph Pootawn though?

>Arrive at ostagar
>Stab servant, criminal in cage, wounded soldier and the dog just because you can

Anyone who hasn't done an evil run needs to get on that it's pure entertainment

>being a race traitor

DA2 also has a great beginning of the MC personality system they only rudimentary used in DAI. Dickass Hawke is great.

hate how they basically retconned a lot of the lore throughout the series.
Thought it was odd that so many characters in DAI felt shame about the exalted march when you visit the exalted plains. in the earlier games the elves were treated like niggers and nobody cared

Personally I just kinda dislike the look of the races in DA:O.

Dwarfs looks to silly to be taken seriously most of the time, especially if you are gonna romance someone, and elves are just so tiny.

Granted I have been meaning to play a game as an elf chick, since that seems pretty bearable.

Bhelen murdered your older brother, almost certainly killed your father, and framed you for it so you'd die in the Deep Roads. Trusting him with your son makes you about a half a retard.

>"You'll forgive me if I don't find the humor in the death of my son"

But Dragon Age has actual story content and dialog related to race while Elder Scrolls has fuck all.

>Play Skyrim
>Play as cat race
>Get to town
>Some human bitch starts explaining what the cat race is to me

Dropped the game there.

They had it in Mass Effect

Almost like not all RPGs are the same or something, user. Don't be a mainstream casual who equates an entire genre to couple of popular entries.

never really like playing dwarf in any game but I did play elf once and I regretted it. All the elf specific dialogue is you having a massive chip on your shoulder because humans dominate you

No they didn't. ME had no companion affection system what so ever.

He's voiced by Simon Templeman, so all of his sins are forgiven and he was actually an antihero that was doing the right things as far as his standpoint was concerned.

Sarcastic Hawke is best hawke.

It was shit in ME because it got rid of Paragon/Renegade, fucking how hard can it be

Mass Effect has Paragon/Renegade (Like KOTOR's Light Side/Dark Side) keep the two bars separate and the game will reflect on how filled the bars are, while Dragon Age has the "emotion" system to allow for more wiggleroom in how you want your character to be.

It's that easy

Nevermind, my bad. Thought he said NPC personality system and meant the rivalry/friend thing.

I already got cucked with Sten.
>Made hotass red head elven girl just asking to be fucked by giant dick.
>Son of a bitch even gave me illusions that Qunari dick shall destroy her small elven pussy and...
>No!
>Turns out that rock turns him on more then me.

Well that's usually because elves are the niggers of DA:O and Dwarves are midgets.

However anyone that doesn't at least play through all Origins is a fucking idiot, they're legitimately fun stories.

youtube.com/watch?v=b56ZQErYky0

>Make a character who's a fucking idiot who's just wrong about everything
>Isn't even funny about it
>People are surprised when nobody likes her except for the lesbian romance shit

Some people wanted straight romance with her.

I-imagine that

has there ever been a more annoying character in any game ever? Nearly all the DAI characters were bad but she was fucking atrocious. terribly unfunny, a bitch, SO ANNOYING in every way, voice, mannerisms, shit opinions, a faggot.
God I hated her

Every companion in DAI that wasn't Egg sucked and should neck themselves.

WHY IS SHE SO FUCKING GREASY?!

Well yes all the Mass Effect games have comparable weak roleplaying mechanics compared to all the Dragon Age games imo.

I wasn't even surprised when Andromeda refused to let you have a personality at all.

>Tfw I was an beautiful elf lady and she was even more of a cunt to me

>Elf Commoner
>Everything is shitty and your friend gets kidnapped to have rape babbies
>fun

I disagree. I wish they were a bit more relevant to the overall story. In the Human Noble Origin you can talk to Howe before he fucks shit up and if your nice to him and you can hear the regret in his voice as he think's you're about to die soon, but when you catch up to him later he barely acknowledges who you are

Blackwall and Dorian were okay

Dorian was okay

youtube.com/watch?v=18PEQHZ4o5M

She acts positive only to qunari bitches. You know, the ugly ones. What was BW trying to say?

What are you saying user? You get to choose between emotionless robot and emotionless quip machine!

That Gaider is a dumb cuck and I'm glad he's gone

>Always right about mages
>Will even save mages if your nice to him
>Says reasonable things in a reasonable manner
>Trustworthy
>Has a cool voice
>Everyone hates him

Qunari chicks are hot.Just look at Tamassran from comic.

Games cucked Qunari however with giving them worst possible hairstyles but even then, it was easiest to make attractive female Qunari in comparison to other races.

She liked me lots when I was a Dwarf as well and goes out with that Dwarf girl if you don't romance her.

the funniest thing about DA2 is that they wanted the mage vs templar debate be less one sided since everyone would just pick mages, so they have it so literally every mage is a blood mage and evil

Qunari detected

Well he looks like a massive faggot and spends most of his time sulking like a bitch.

He's like Sten but a whiny pussy.

>he thinks the holohoax is real
This user gets the goodest goy award for 2018

>the Quartermaster in DAI who genuinely respected him
>"Retreating was the right call"

>dorian
was decent except for his little daddy issues side quest. gives some good info about tevinter and is funny for dragon age

>iron bull
terrible. never even smiled at one of his jokes. the qunari in general are terrible imo, dunno what the fuck bioware is doing with them

>vivenne
stupid stuck up cunt.

>leliana
mary sue

>cullen/josephine/cassandra/varric/blackwall
I dont think any of these were bad just bland and boring

>cole
I liked him

>solas
most interesting character

>sera
beyond terrible. don't know who gave her the greenlight but its probably someone whos now sitting on a diversity board at google

Sten is also a much more boring character though and murdered children for a sword which everyone seemed to forget about.

>tfw when she will never snu snu you
Why even live?

>Inquisitor sounds like a whiny cunt when you call him out and just calls him a traitor, nothing else

Bioware fell for the "he did nothing wrong meme"

belongs in a jrpg not fuckin dragon age

>b-but they're forced to because the circles are so cruel
its like they forget you're in a circle in DAO and its hardly that bad

I liked Blackwall and his quest was cool and it's fun to kill Iron Bull.

I remember one answer being along the lines of, "No wonder you're unpopular." I left it at that. I needed her help anyway, and the man is dead.

I'm shit at names so I call him Woofer or Woofus.
Or Dog.

Nah, Sten was great since he didn't mope around for killing a bunch of children. He's such a foreign concept as a person you just want to explore everything he says.

If it was Fenris he would spend the entire game crying about it and be all predictable.

youtube.com/watch?v=D3LoEGn8hJg

Morrigan wants the BQC

That's why he put himself in a cage to starve to death or get eaten by darkspawn. He knows he fucked up and panicked killing all those people.

Gayder isn't writer anymore so there are chances for female Qunari that could be romanceable.Only problem that she is most likely to look as Shrek instead of Rasaan since this is SJWare now.

>Barkspawn playthrough

To be fair you are comparing the Ferelden circle to Kirkwall, which is notoriously horrible and inhumane. This is the circle where they have a plot to turn as many female mages as they can into tranquil's so the templars can use them timid rape slaves, where the leader is a power hungry batshit crazy woman who who's mind has all but been broken by darkspawn corruption.

The idea behind Iron Bull's character where he is conflicted and torn between what his Religion and Culture tells him and what he's experiencing in the world is alright, but the execution of his character is just fucking terrible and looking back felt like an excuse to have a tranny in the game.

I don't have an problem with transexual characters in games, but goddamn is that whole "Under the Qun, your sex is whatever you want it to be" shit dumb. A society that kills you if you don't like your assigned JOB, but your sex is up to personal interpretation. Sure. Makes perfect sense.

Even that was shit!
Sten is completely confused if you play female. Calling it impossible.
>B-b-but Bull said to Krem he would just be treated as man then.
No!
Sten makes same comment to Wynne and when she asks him if that makes her a "man" then he calls that sort of bullshit completely ridicules.

the qunari are just stupid to me. I really think bioware wrote themselves into a hole. I'm not even sure how we're expected to believe that the tevinters have been in perpetual war with them and still haven't lost with all we hear about them
also don't get why people aren't hostile to those who convert to the qun, I know that bioware are big sjws and wont condemn religious conversion to a foreign religion but the qun is literally hostile to the rest of the world

Her one redeeming feature was how she thought other elves were full of shit instead of being part of the race-wide pity party. I loaded a save and replayed the Ancient Elves mission with her and wasn't disappointed with how much shit she gives them. She's still a little shit that endeared me to her.

>DA:O
>A woman will never be a warrior since she will always be weaker than a man, no matter how much she tries
>DA:I
>unless she says she's a man trapped in a woman's body, then it's a-ok :)

That was just utter PC bs to appease SJW. Like other guys said:
>Sten: Why are you here?
>Wynne: I beg your pardon?
>Sten: Women are artisans, or merchants. Or farmers, though you don't seem particularly... earthy. They have no place in war.
>Wynne: I can't even begin to tell you what's wrong with that idea.
>Sten: It is not done. There is no more to it.
>Wynne: I do not understand. Do the Qunari have no female mages? No female warriors?
>Sten: Of course not. Why would our women wish to be men?
>Wynne: Do you believe I wish to be a man?
>Sten: You cannot wish to be a man. It will lead you only to frustration.
>Wynne: Hmm. I believe this discussion does the same. Let us speak no more of it, >Sten.
>Sten: As you wish.

Sera is okay as a study of someone who is deeply anxious, and rife with issues of cultural identity. But the problem is that doesn't really make for a very fun character. Everything about her is just kind of sad and pathetic, it's like if they put the average Cred Forums poster into lord of the rings. Maybe that's just my preference for stories to be more romantic. How the Inquisitor romances Sera borders on abusive when you consider how poorly developed Sera is, her ideas bordering on infantile in most cases.

>Think human noble was going to be the most boring story
>It's the most interesting and you get a nice revenge subplot

God I forgot that it was a retcon too.

>I'm not even sure how we're expected to believe that the tevinters have been in perpetual war with them and still haven't lost with all we hear about them
Why? They have the Gaatlok and Dreadnoughts and that's about it. The Tevinters have mages.
>also don't get why people aren't hostile to those who convert to the qun
Pretty sure they are.

>not going Dwarf noble, supporting Harrowmont over your treasonous brother, and having him appoint you his successor after you've enacted your revenge and gotten forces to combat the blight
Absolute pleb

>talks about female qunari romance being wrong and distasteful since it is just Amazon fetish
>hey guys wanna say hello to Sera?

Guess it is only wrong when it is meant to be straight huh?

>The Tevinters have mages.
so do the Qunari. ultra powerful ones. Its not just the technology advantages, its the fact that they're physically more powerful than the average man and train their whole lives as warriors. they seem to have a vast spy network containing man non qunari, their workers are said to be super determined and hardworking.
Theres no infighting or things done for personal gain, iron bull even says the entire upper council could die tomorrow and the qun wouldn't be affected. Their society is a seemingly perfect war machine

meanwhile tevinter magisters are always having petty squabbles and vying for power, its corrupt, they're hated by the other human kingdoms, its got soldiers but they aren't trained since birth or superhuman in strength. Magic seems to be their only advantage

>Forces to combat the blight

Harromont seals the fucking gates and sends some meager resources instead.

There are no good romance options in DAI unless you're legit gay then fuck Dorian to your heart's content

It's a shitty forced retcon but at least the Qun philosophy on gender is more interesting than the "we're that society where women are for nothing but running the home you see in every goddamn fantasy setting" approach.
Living well is the best revenge. Support your brother and make him king but go on to become a Paragon for slaying the Archdemon while your brother has to go on living as a tyrant hated by the political class. You get to be the hero everyone wants to kiss the ground you walk on and your brother gets to live a boring political life hated by half of Orzammar.

the dwarves are fucking retarded though. I usually hate the reformers in dragon age (leliana in DAI is just retarded sjw shite) but the dwarves will literally die without balons reforms

Wanna hear something fun? You're into deep roads trying to stop calling because you're at door of dying if you don't while Harrowmont is still alive and cucking your Inquisition.

Basically
>HoF succeeds in finding solution for Calling and Harrowmont finally kicks bucket, have fun repairing all shit Harrowmont caused.
>HoF fails and dies due his clock being ticked, you can shove successor thing up your ass.

True, but I think the Qunari have way less mages, and the Tevinter's specialize in having them. They breed to produce the perfect mage. And you can have have 30 amazingly powerful Qunari warriors but a single mage can still magic forth a meteor shower on them, use blood magic or just unleash a demon horde their way. And they are still the second most powerful force in Theadas.

still never completed the dlc to DAI except for trespasser
always get too bored with the combat to do it by the time I get to levels required for the dlc

Think of Qunari as ISIS and you'll get your answer.

>And they are still the second most powerful force in Theadas.
who are tevinter or qunari?

>we're that society where women are for nothing but running the home you see in every goddamn fantasy setting
That has never been the case for Qunari women though. Women have just as much power as men, they just have different duties, and everyone can still farm, or trade or make goods, or be spies, but only men can be warriors, and only women can be scholars and intellectuals.

How come the mage's nipples bigger than the others'?

I actually really liked this conversation in DA:O. It felt (To me at least) that Sten was genuinely concerned. He wasn't saying "Bitch, get back to the kitchen, you're worthless out here." it was more like as if he saw a friend displaying worrying behaviour.
It's the Quinari version of "Heeeeeeey buddy. You doing okay?" which I think fits more with the Qun.

Pretty sure it goes something like: Orlais>Tevinter>Qunari>Ferelden>Others like Antiva and Anderfels.

>more of a single player MMO than Amular
why you gotta hurt me like this...

Neither are very good, but The Descent is pretty decent from a lore dump perspective.

It was same with the discussions at Haven and stuff at camp. He is genuinely concerned why you aren't just marching at your enemy and do all politics stuff, but he does get it at the end. It is fucking shame there was no real epilogue to go with him to Qunari home and check it out. As, real epilogue, not only confirming it at dialogue. Sten and my fem elven (city) warden would have much fun there. Fuck DA2 and DA:I.

Maybe Sten's perspective of the issues is skewed because he's a big dork who can't explain things well but it isn't established in DA:O that women are also the political leaders of the Qun people who hold a lot of power nor is the Qun idea that women are more intelligent than men expressed. All Sten lists them as is "priests, artisans, shopkeepers, and farmers" in the conversation with a female Warden and "merchants, artisans, or farmers" with Wynne. It feels like if the role of females were viewed in the more classic "stay in the kitchen" vibe than in later games. It might just be my interpretation though.
It's why Sten is a great companion. He combines stoicism with culture shock and a thinking mind.

Tbh chicks didn't had it much better either. They begged for Qunari romance mainly due how thirsty Arishok left them and instead of actual Qunari they got James Vega with horns.

>BRICK MEATHUNK

quality bant by sten

Whatever he did works well enough to help end the blight

You can do all that and deny him kingship

Harrowmont will die soon enough, and then you get to enact all necessary reforms

>no option to become the dwarf king
>no option to instead send out your other grey warden plebs to slay the arch demon while you stay back as king
>no option to live the rest of your life as the dwarf king protecting the people from the blight that is in the deep roads
>no option to live out the rest of your days as king until you hear The Calling
>no option to have the biggest and bestest feast with all the dwarfs and the Legion of the Dead before you go on your Long Walk
Such wasted potentials.

Isn't it just sad?

>resources were wasted on this companion absolutely no one used

Their empire was probably like cold war Russia, the zealots talk a good game but it's crumbling.

>become king
>die because blood curse lmao

Whole point of romancing is impaling something so technically Arishok does count as romantic option.

>Sten to Morrigan: You'll need an armor.

Nah, it's pretty much ASoIaF but with bits of Warhammer.

What's good about DAO is you have a lot of flexibility for role playing. I love the tragedy and you can set yourself up for it like a female dwarf who loves Gorim and finds out he got married or an elf who kills herself at the archdemon because Alistair broke up with her.

>Fantasy setting that's grounded and isn't Swords and Sorcery
>It's like ASoIaF!!

every time

No you aren't, considering if you weren't born, you'd have been pushed out by a blood mess through a vag.

>unironically using "soyboy"
Kys

I like to think that it's bull's job to lie to downtrodden types about how awesome the qun is.. Pretty much everyone in his merry band will not do well under it.

It all works out for everyone. Except you get to tell the other two candidates to go fuck themselves whilst you fuck hot babes with your mighty dwarf cock.

You know, I didn't mind Vega. Rarely used him, but when I did he was pretty cool.

I don't know why he kept trying to give me cute nicknames and shit, it was just embarassing. I also don't see the reason for using him when Ashley is everything but better

>There are no good romance options in DAI
fuck you fight me

Cassandra is the best, especially for a Mage Inquisitor. Make her divine and keep the Inquisition as her personal guard at the end of Tresspasser. In the epilogue, their relationship is talked about as a story of two extraordinary souls, sundered by duty but bound by love.
Bittersweet endings are the best.

I feel sorry and pain of everyone who ever battled him as warrior on nightmare mode. I took me forever to kill him and not die. My fingers got dead by end of it.
I feel even bigger pain for all those mandman that picked rouge with dual daggers.
>Just give him fucking Isabela, screw her, not worth it.

I wish the renegade response to him calling you Loco/Lola was "To you, that's Jefe."

I want to fuck femhawke silly.

Everything in DAI is irredeemable trash, including Cassandra.

With archer he is somewhat easier as dmg of archers is decent and you can fuck him for afar while you run like bitch you are, but dual-daggers rouge? You're fucked pretty much. He tosses you as ragdoll.Warriors get same treatment but warriors have bigger health and better armors to endure it while rouges are just fucked.

>Jennifer Hale trying to sound like a man
Killing the chargers was the best part of the game, the only I remember anyway

Name a better banter, you CAN'T

Just your interpretation.
The qunari is a religious political entity being a priest is a mark of high office on itself.
The qun designated duty by merit and tradition. Men are warriors because they are just simply better at it and how does being a "mechant, artisan, shopkeepers, priest" equate to "staying in the kitchen?

>sold Ferelden citizens into slavery
those were elves. Elves don't count.

I'm on my 3rd attempt at finishing this game over the past 5 years I've owned it. I'm hitting that wall of boredom again. Hard to finish.

>DISTRACTION MABARI

>I think they would have flesh them out more.
Yeah no. They were written by a woman whose claim to fame is a gay CIA fanfiction with aliens, and I'm not even talking about Mass Effect.

/tg/ here
it checks out

Yeah but Harrowmont is an objective awful king.
Just too old.

Plus they literally note themselves the Qun would basically off 80% of the people we've come to know and care about, they're like an insectoid borg. No amount of "but they give hope to da oppressed elves!" changes that.
Does anyone honestly support the qunari after playing through the games and actually looking at their system?
except Bioware who chose to make Mark of the Assasin rage inducing with its hamfisted insertion of that Mary Sue bitch and its inability to cuck the qunari

Only reason why I kill him to save that pirate cunt is because in end, "helping" him doesn't matter as shitty bioware forces you to save cunt.

Not saving her results in her escaping again with tome and Arishok gets killed by Qunari for failing anyway and Sten takes over as new Arishok by default.

It is really ironic when your so called villain was more likeable then your retarded companions you're supposed to protect.
>Merril is retard who wanna have tea party with demons.
>Isabela is just a selfish cunt regardless of your relationship with her. Even someone like Zevran knew loyalty if he is at least "Warm" to you.
>Fenris can't be sold to back to fabulous Danarius fast enough.
>Aveline preaches about justice and how she won't be as previous guard captain yet bitch turns blind eye when her men raped an elven girl. Plus brings you up to "talk sense" to Arishok about it. Bitch what!?
>Sebastian is boring as fuck. If you also don't do as he says he is gonna assault Kirkwall killing innocent people due how much he got butthurt for not wanking his dick. Yeeeeay!
>And Anders.... OMFG!!! He is both Isabela and Fenris combined.

Everyone but Varric needed to neck themselves.

>but it isn't established in DA:O that women are also the political leaders of the Qun people who hold a lot of power
Looks like someone never read the codex

Isn't he sort of right and they have an Oligarchy or something?

DA:A's Anders:
>Straight
>Asshole but in fun way.

DA 2's Anders:
>Bisexual with preference for dicks
>Utter cunt

What did BW mean by this?

You can hardened him after the quest with his sister. Obviously I didn't know about that, so I killed Loghain because even if I tried to play as evil as possible in my first run, I don't shit on my companions.

We've hardly met the bulk of Qunari force and ideology. Imagine an army of men devoted like Sten instead of an army of blunders like DA2 Arishok or Iron Bull. The Qunari are the most terrifying force on Thedas, the Darkspawn don't even compare.

Pretty sad that the actually interesting approach to the Friendship-Rivalry bar is wasted on them. Imagine if you could form rivalries with the DA:O party instead of just sucking their individual dicks by telling them what they want to hear because there's no story or gameplay benefit at all to having allies with low "likes you" meter.

dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex:_Culture_and_History
Don't see anything about it from the DA:O codex logs on the wiki site.

No, they're a meritocracy.

muh justice

>straight
pretty sure he went both ways in awakening, correct about his crazy personality retcon otherwise though

>ideology
no they've pretty well set out what the qun is, it's essentially a caste system where "deviants" are essentially offed or turned into slave labor.
ergo most of the cast we know wouldn't be around.
not to mention if mages thought they had it rough with the templars boy do I have a fun way of life for them

Hamburger Helper
Don't defend ham-fisted writing

Even if he did he for sure was way more into women while in DA2 is opposite apparently.

> because you fail to see the bigger picture.
Not the guy you were replying to but are you retarded.

> In all conventional knowledge and mythos Gray Wardens are needed to stop a blight
Hurr better kill them all.
>Hmm I think that Calin is too weak to be a leader what should i do, send him from the field on some made up errand or kill him in secret.
Durr I'll let him and half his army die instead of killing him and claiming it was a darkspawn assassin.
>Looks like I'll need more capital to rebuild the army after Ostagar. What should I do increase tax, ask for help from another nation (like the Anderfels which are effectively run by darkspawn haters).
Nope I'll sell my own civilians to Tevinter (the people who've almost brought about the worlds destruction and given any opportunity will enslave us all)
>What could bolster my ranks and moral of my troops, oh I know I'll use the chantry to take some of there holy warriors and priests to reassure my troops of the coming victory.
No I'll kill the holy warriors and alienate the one group that could bring every nation to our aid.
>With so many darkspawn we're sure to need the help of the mages.
Nah lets help blood mages start a civil mage war.

Loghain did everything wrong the whole reason Ferelden was in such dire straits was due to his sheer incompetence

But we've never seen Qun lands and walked among towns controlled by the Quen. You can't say you understand someone's ideology until you at least see what their home is like besides Sten's homesick descriptions.

>ham fisted writing
I didn't imply I agreed with the retarded personality shift they did, just that I recall he swung both ways in awakening too
probably thought they needed a gay male option since Fenris is implied to fuck women unless you deliberately flirt with him (he even becomes fuck buddies with Isabela if unromanced)
though let's be honest would you romance him anyway? I sure as hell didn't.

>people are actually praising this
Jesus fuck in what parallel universe am I?

>instead of killing him and claiming it was a darkspawn assassin.

do you really believe he would get away with that

except we've literally had multiple qunari explain the ideas of the qun to us and have heard it expounded because they want converts
yes their society may work, but would you want to live in it? I sincerely doubt it, and any idiot who has supported the qunari is the kind of retard who'd be find under a communism or another form of totalitarianism

It's a lot more tactically sound then letting half the army die.
Even better he could blame a Orlais assassin and tell the Bannor that they killed him because he would let their troops in

>Forgetting that it's already implied that you and Alistair are on good terms by Awakening and are confirmed to be friends in the second game
There's literally no reason to kill Broghain

You find a drunken pathetic Alistair in DA2 if he stormed off during the landsmeet in origins

>civilians
Not the guy you were replying to but lets be honest, elves are seen more as a resource to the kingdoms of DA rather than citizens. In the end protecting elves is not a high priority so I don't think many nobles would care about him selling the elves.

why did the geography of redcliffe change in inquisition?

Everyone but Sebastian is bisexual romance in DA2.
>though let's be honest would you romance him anyway?
On my creep Hawke play I fucked everything. Just thought it was funny as in DA:A he shows strongly only interest in girls. He flirts with Mhairi, comments on Andraste being sexy, had a thing with Namaya, comments couple of times regarding chicks blah blah blah point is he never shows a slightest interest in cock. Yet DA2 comes along and Anders is all about that cock. From wanting yours to having one from Karl's.
That is what is funny to me. Anders who likes pussy is a bro while Anders who likes cock is ultimate cunt.

Fuck no like I said the Qunari are terrifying zealots. I was just saying we haven't *seen* much of Qunari land and culture, we've only had a lot of stories and hearsay about the positives and negatives and those idiots in DA2. The difference between hearing Leliana talking about Orlais in Origins and actually seeing it in Inquisition.
Dude tries to kill you for the majority of the story because he wants to fit his propaganda and he might know who Alistair is and wanted him out of the picture (Maric may have told Loghain about Alistair but we never know if Loghain made the connection that the Grey Warden from Ostagar is the same bastard prince), allied with Tevinter slavers (aka the biggest insult the Chantry there is) and possibly the man who murdered your parents, lets his country fall into civil war during an invasion by a chaotic evil force that murders and destroys every thing it conquers, and thinks that after everything that happens he STILL has a chance at saving Ferelden. There's redeemable evil, there's irredeemably evil, and then there's just irredeemably stupid.

In other parts of Thedas yes, but not Ferelden. Because of their history they had the harshest anti slavery stance, it was a part of their national pride that they were the first truly free people due to Andraste. That's why in the landsmeet the Bannor is so pissed at Logain when they find out, he effectively spit in Ferelden face when he did that

Bioware's idea of muh open world is big empty areas you go to do fetch quests

They make a big deal about it in the landsmeet and talking about it does add points towards helping you win so ya, people may not give about them in private, in public they understand that the elves are technically citizens