What went wrong?

What went wrong?

nothing

I remember 1996. Some of it, anyway.

Nothing went wrong, it was a great time to be a kid.

With toys r us?
The pricing sucked ass, and the stores felt really outdated.
The n64? Cartridges
Video games? Everybody grew up and politics started to infect everything thanks to the popularity of the internet

relatively smaller library compared to its contemporaries.

though i'd say the N64 has a better ratio of good games

The internet ruined a lot of things. Changed society in so many ways. Nobody really understands yet.

Adjusted for inflation the N64 cost $315. Mario 64 would cost $95.

>b-b-but games are too expensive these days!

>First-party titles cost the equivalent of $95 in 2018 money
Really activates the ol' noodle

God the n64 controller was so bad you literally can't use everything at once. You either have your hand on the left part or the middle.

The internet itself only made things better. What really ruined things was social media because then the internet became cool instead of for nerds.

Nintendo being jew? Im shocked

Literally nothing? Nintendo hasnt been able to do better since, however

I still remember when certain N64 games were $70 bucks and older games that were discounted to $40 were considered a steal back then.

Using artridges when everyone moved on to CDs. It's what cost them some good third-party support.

The gamecube did better and the switch I believe will the best nintendo console of all time.

$39.99 for an older game from Nintendo is not bad actually, although it might be different if it's not in USD

Kids would just go to the store to play with the toys and leave them all over the place like it's women and a shoe store.

Well, that was actually the description in the box, you have three ways to use the controller. There isn't a single N64 game designed around using the three handles at the same time.

>I remember 1996.
I was 20 years old in 1996 and specifically remember buying a games mag which featured the N64 on the cover and being wow'd by it whilst reading it in the sun in the back garden

pic related was that mag, Ironically other than Game & Watch, i've never owned a Nintendo system

Why does everyone complain about the controller? I thought it was fine. You never used the dpad or stick both at the same time. It was pretty much two controllers at once where you decided where to use your left hand depending on what game you played.
I never understood that pak you put in the back of the controller, though.

the people who complain about the controller were born in 2000s